Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on epithelial cells in China
Topic: epithelial cells
Publications130 found, 100 shown here
- Cheung P, Yip Y, Tsao S, Ching Y, Cheung A. Id-1 induces cell invasiveness in immortalized epithelial cells by regulating cadherin switching and Rho GTPases. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:157-68 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the Id-1-induced invasive potential may be regulated through the N-cadherin-RhoA axis and Rac1 activation. ..
- Ao X, Fang F, Xu F. Vasoactive intestinal peptide protects alveolar epithelial cells against hyperoxia via promoting the activation of STAT3. Regul Pept. 2011;168:1-4 pubmed publisher..VIP interference, a protective management, could decrease hyperoxia-induced cell injury and death and improve the survival of AECIIs exposed to hyperoxia, which might be associated with the activation of STAT3. ..
- Zhang N, Huang G, Han Q, Hu X, Yi J, Yao L, et al. Functional regeneration of irradiated salivary glands with human amniotic epithelial cells transplantation. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:2039-47 pubmed..The transplanted hAECs in the recipient glands could differentiate into acinar-like cells and resulted in morphological and functional restoration of salivary gland. ..
- Chen N, Zheng Y, Yin J, Li X, Zheng C. Inhibitory effects of silver nanoparticles against adenovirus type 3 in vitro. J Virol Methods. 2013;193:470-7 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates silver nanoparticles exhibit remarkably inhibitory effects on Ad3 in vitro, which suggests silver nanoparticles could be a potential antiviral agent for inhibiting Ad3 infection. ..
- Zhou J, Chu H, Chan J, Yuen K. Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection: virus-host cell interactions and implications on pathogenesis. Virol J. 2015;12:218 pubmed publisher..More research findings on the pathogenesis of MERS and the tissue tropisms of MERS-CoV may help to improve the treatment and infection control of MERS. ..
- Li H, Zhuang Z, Wang Q, Pang J, Wang X, Wong H, et al. Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) upregulates Id1 expression in nasopharyngeal epithelial cells. Oncogene. 2004;23:4488-94 pubmed..Induction of Id1 by LMP1 may facilitate clonal expansion of premalignant nasopharyngeal epithelial cells infected with EBV and may promote their malignant transformation. ..
- Lin S, Zhou Q, Zhan F, Chen D, Li W. [Fosinopril up-regulates and ameliorates the Ang II induced down-expression of klotho gene in NRK-52E]. Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi. 2010;26:348-51 pubmed..Fosinopril up-regulates klotho mRNA in time-dependent manner, and inhibits the down-regulated expression of klotho gene induced by Ang II. ..
- Wang W, Said A, Wang Y, Fu Q, Xiao Y, Lv S, et al. Establishment and characterization of duck embryo epithelial (DEE) cell line and its use as a new approach toward DHAV-1 propagation and vaccine development. Virus Res. 2016;213:260-268 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that the DEE cell line can serve as a valuable tool for DHAV-1 propagation and vaccine production. ..
- Cao W, Luo Q, Cheng Y, Wang S. Meroterpenoid enantiomers from Ganoderma sinensis. Fitoterapia. 2016;110:110-5 pubmed publisher..Although none of them was found to be active in these cells, the present findings add new facets for the chemistry of Ganoderma. ..
- Fang J, Tang L, Liu X, Wen L, Jin Y. Changes of the unique odontogenic properties of rat apical bud cells under the developing apical complex microenvironment. Int J Oral Sci. 2009;1:26-33 pubmed publisher..ABCs possess odontogenic capability to form crown-like tissues and this property can be affected by root-produced microenvironment. ..
- Chan T, Leung J, Tsang R, Liu Z, Li L, Yung S. Emodin ameliorates glucose-induced matrix synthesis in human peritoneal mesothelial cells. Kidney Int. 2003;64:519-33 pubmed
- Lam A, Ko B, Tam S, Morris R, Yang J, Chung S, et al. Osmotic response element-binding protein (OREBP) is an essential regulator of the urine concentrating mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48048-54 pubmed..Furthermore, the OREBPdn Tg mice developed progressive hydronephrosis soon after weaning, confirming the osmoprotective function of OREBP implicated by the in vitro experiments. ..
- Zhu G, Zhau H, He H, Zhang L, Shehata B, Wang X, et al. Sonic and desert hedgehog signaling in human fetal prostate development. Prostate. 2007;67:674-84 pubmed
- Tsang C, Zhang G, Seto E, Takada K, Deng W, Yip Y, et al. Epstein-Barr virus infection in immortalized nasopharyngeal epithelial cells: regulation of infection and phenotypic characterization. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:1570-83 pubmed publisher..The establishment of a stable EBV infection model of premalignant nasopharyngeal epithelial cells will facilitate research investigation into the pathogenic role of EBV in NPC development. ..
- Ye L, Zi C, Pan Z, Zhu J, Du Z, Zhu G, et al. Investigation of the relationship between SLA-1 and SLA-3 gene expression and susceptibility to Escherichia coli F18 in post-weaning pigs. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 2012;35:23-30 pubmed publisher..These observations help to elucidate the relationship between SLA class I genes and E. coli F18-related porcine gastrointestinal tract diseases. ..
- Wang C, Xu L, Xu X, Cheng H, Sun H, Lin Q, et al. Near infrared Ag/Au alloy nanoclusters: tunable photoluminescence and cellular imaging. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014;416:274-9 pubmed publisher..Together with NIR fluorescence, these advantages make alloy NCs be promising candidate in biological labeling. ..
- Wang J, Liu B, Teng Z, Zhou X, Wang X, Zhang B, et al. Phloretin Attenuates Listeria monocytogenes Virulence Both In vitro and In vivo by Simultaneously Targeting Listeriolysin O and Sortase A. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:9 pubmed publisher..monocytogenes due to its simultaneous targeting of SrtA and LLO, which may result in fewer side effects than those caused by other antibiotics. ..
- Zhao H, Sui Y, Guan J, Lai F, Gu X, He L, et al. Topographical associations between islet endocrine cells and duct epithelial cells in the adult human pancreas. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2008;69:400-6 pubmed publisher..The islet-duct association suggests possible functional interactions between the two interrelated pancreatic compartments. ..
- Bai Y, Lu H, Zhang G, Wu C, Lin C, Liang Y, et al. Sedum sarmentosum Bunge extract exerts renal anti-fibrotic effects in vivo and in vitro. Life Sci. 2014;105:22-30 pubmed publisher..These anti-fibrotic effects were associated with a reduction in TGF-?1 expression and inhibition of EMT and ECM accumulation. These findings suggest that SSBE may have therapeutic potential for fibrotic kidney diseases. ..
- An S, Chen J, Chen H, Chang W, Jiang Y, Wei Q, et al. Characterization of 67 kD laminin receptor, a protein whose gene is overexpressed on treatment of cells with anti-benzo[a]pyrene-7,8-diol-9,10-epoxide. Toxicol Sci. 2006;90:326-30 pubmed..These data suggest that the 67LR1 gene may be related to malignant transformation induced by the anti-BPDE. The 67LR1 protein may be related to the directionality of cell movement. ..
- Jiao B, Wang Y, Cheng Y, Gao J, Zhang Q. Valsartan attenuated oxidative stress, decreased MCP-1 and TGF-?1 expression in glomerular mesangial and epithelial cells induced by high-glucose levels. Biosci Trends. 2011;5:173-81 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the renoprotective effects of valsartan may be related to its potential in decreasing oxidative stress and the expressions of MCP-1 and TGF-?1 in GMCs and GECs. ..
- Gu Y, Li Y, Song Y, Chang X, Qu Y, Wang M, et al. Biological function of hpsh4590 localized in the plasticity zone of Helicobacter pylori. Microb Pathog. 2016;93:63-9 pubmed publisher..Hpsh4590 was found localized in the membrane and the periplasm of H. pylori, interacted with zinc finger protein and methionine ABC transporter ATP-binding protein, and potentially regulates DNA uptake or transfer. ..
- Ren L, Jin L, Leung W. Local expression of lipopolysaccharide-binding protein in human gingival tissues. J Periodontal Res. 2004;39:242-8 pubmed..We for the first time found the expression of LBP peptide and mRNA in human gingival tissues. Local expression of LBP in gingival tissues might contribute to periodontal homeostasis. ..
- Kam Y, Okumura Y, Kido H, Ng L, Bruzzone R, Altmeyer R. Cleavage of the SARS coronavirus spike glycoprotein by airway proteases enhances virus entry into human bronchial epithelial cells in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7870 pubmed publisher..These data have direct implications for the cell entry mechanism of SARS-CoV along the respiratory system and, furthermore expand the possibility of identifying potential therapeutic agents against SARS-CoV. ..
- Gao T, Tan M, Liu W, Zhang C, Zhang T, Zheng L, et al. GidA, a tRNA Modification Enzyme, Contributes to the Growth, and Virulence of Streptococcus suis Serotype 2. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2016;6:44 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insight into the regulatory function of GidA in bacterial pathogens. ..
- Wu Y, Zhang M, Liu R, Zhao C. Oxidative Stress-Activated NHE1 Is Involved in High Glucose-Induced Apoptosis in Renal Tubular Epithelial Cells. Yonsei Med J. 2016;57:1252-9 pubmed publisher..Our study indicated that HG activates PKG signaling and elevates the production of ROS, which was responsible for the induction of NHE1 expression and dysfunction, as well as subsequent cell apoptosis, in renal tubular epithelial cells. ..
- Choy C, Cho P, Boost M. Cytotoxicity and effects on metabolism of contact lens care solutions on human corneal epithelium cells. Clin Exp Optom. 2012;95:198-206 pubmed publisher..In light of our results, we suggest that contact lens wearers should be advised to rinse the soaked lenses with saline before lens insertion. ..
- Wu S, Zhang Y, Tao H, Dong L. Lipoxin A(4) inhibits transition of epithelial to mesenchymal cells in proximal tubules. Am J Nephrol. 2010;32:122-36 pubmed publisher..LXA(4) inhibits the tubular epithelial to mesenchymal transition, initiated by CTGF but not by TGF-beta(1), via downregulation of ILK, Ras/MEK/ERK1/2 and PI3-K/Akt-dependent signal pathway stimulated by CTGF. ..
- Ng K, Li J, Ng K, Tipoe G, Leung W, Fung M. Expression of hypoxia-inducible factor-1? in human periodontal tissue. J Periodontol. 2011;82:136-41 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression of VEGF and TNF-? was also increased in periodontal pockets. HIF-1? is expressed in healthy and diseased periodontium and may be related to TNF-? and VEGF function during periodontitis. ..
- Zhang T, Dai J, Wu C, Gu X, Liu L, Wu Z, et al. Positive effects of treatment of donor cells with aphidicolin on the preimplantation development of somatic cell nuclear transfer embryos in Chinese Bama mini-pig (Sus Scrofa). Anim Sci J. 2012;83:103-10 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results suggest that treatment of CC with serum starvation plus APC prior to nuclear transfer is more suitable in SCNT of mini-pigs. ..
- To K, Lau C, Woo P, Lau S, Chan J, Chan K, et al. Human H7N9 virus induces a more pronounced pro-inflammatory cytokine but an attenuated interferon response in human bronchial epithelial cells when compared with an epidemiologically-linked chicken H7N9 virus. Virol J. 2016;13:42 pubmed publisher..However, the level of antiviral IFNL1 was lower for H7N9-HU than H7N9-CK. Our results suggest that the gained properties in modulating human innate immunity by H7N9-HU transformed it to be a more virulent virus in humans than H7N9-CK. ..
- Xu L, Tang L, Jin F, Liu X, Yu J, Wu J, et al. The apical region of developing tooth root constitutes a complex and maintains the ability to generate root and periodontium-like tissues. J Periodontal Res. 2009;44:275-82 pubmed publisher..The sustainable development ability of developing apical complex qualifies it as the growth center of tooth root and as a promising candidate source of cells for tooth root and periodontal regeneration. ..
- Pan R, Xie F, Chen H, Xu L, Wu X, Xu L, et al. Salvianolic acid B reverses the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition of HK-2 cells that is induced by transforming growth factor-?. Arch Pharm Res. 2011;34:477-83 pubmed publisher..That Sal B reverses the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in vitro suggests that it could possibly facilitate the repair of tubular epithelial structures and the regression of renal fibrosis in injured kidneys. ..
- Yip Y, Pang P, Deng W, Tsang C, Zeng M, Hau P, et al. Efficient immortalization of primary nasopharyngeal epithelial cells for EBV infection study. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78395 pubmed publisher..The establishment of an efficient method to immortalize primary nasopharyngeal epithelial cells will facilitate the investigation into the role of EBV infection in pathogenesis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. ..
- Liu X, Sun B, Wang X, Nie J, Chen Z, An Y, et al. Synergistic effect of radon and sodium arsenite on DNA damage in HBE cells. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016;41:127-31 pubmed publisher..The synergistic effect of radon and sodium arsenite in HBE cells may be attributed to the enhanced DSBs and inhibited HR pathway upon co-exposure. ..
- Li J, Riau A, Setiawan M, Mehta J, Ti S, Tong L, et al. S100A expression in normal corneal-limbal epithelial cells and ocular surface squamous cell carcinoma tissue. Mol Vis. 2011;17:2263-71 pubmed..To study the expression and cellular distribution of multiple S100A genes and proteins in normal corneal-limbal epithelium and ocular surface squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) tissue...
- Chen X, Xu C, Zhang F, Ma J. Comparative analysis of expression profiles of chemokines, chemokine receptors, and components of signaling pathways mediated by chemokines in eight cell types during rat liver regeneration. Genome. 2010;53:608-18 pubmed publisher..These data suggest the potential relevance of the pro-inflammatory chemokines for liver regeneration at the cellular level. ..
- Xing Y, Liqi Z, Jian L, Qinghua Y, Qian Y. Doxycycline Induces Mitophagy and Suppresses Production of Interferon-? in IPEC-J2 Cells. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:21 pubmed publisher..As DOX is used extensively in pig husbandry, uncontrolled application poses a significant threat of viral infection, so stricter policies on its usage should be required. ..
- Yin G, Zhang W, Shen X, He X, Chen Y. Study on the pathological basis of classification of spleen deficiency in chronic gastritis. Chin Med J (Engl). 2004;117:1246-52 pubmed..The lesion degree of CSG or CAG and the incidence of IMIIb of SyinD and SDQS are more serious than those CSG and CAG of G-SQD and G-SyangD. ..
- Mahmoud R, Stones D, Li W, Emara M, el Domany R, Wang D, et al. The Multivalent Adhesion Molecule SSO1327 plays a key role in Shigella sonnei pathogenesis. Mol Microbiol. 2016;99:658-73 pubmed publisher..sonnei resulting in reduction in attachment and invasion and virulence attenuation in vivo. A strain deficient for SSO1327 is avirulent in vivo, but still elicits a host immune response. ..
- Xu G, Liu A, Liu X. Aldosterone induces collagen synthesis via activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 and 2 in renal proximal tubules. Nephrology (Carlton). 2008;13:694-701 pubmed publisher..The process is MR-dependent, and mediated by ERK1/2 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. ..
- Wang B, Jia H, Zhang B, Wang J, Ji C, Zhu X, et al. Pre-incubation with hucMSC-exosomes prevents cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity by activating autophagy. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2017;8:75 pubmed publisher..Therefore, pre-treatment of hucMSC-Ex may be a new method to improve the therapeutic effect of cisplatin. ..
- Shiu S, Li L, Xu J, Pang C, Wong J, Pang S. Melatonin-induced inhibition of proliferation and G1/S cell cycle transition delay of human choriocarcinoma JAr cells: possible involvement of MT2 (MEL1B) receptor. J Pineal Res. 1999;27:183-92 pubmed..Moreover, analysis of melatonin effect on cell cycle kinetics indicated that G1/S transition delay may underlie the observed inhibition of choriocarcinoma cell proliferation by melatonin. ..
- Xiong X, Dai L, Liang W, Zhang J, Qin S, Cao W, et al. Protective effect of p53 on the viability of intervertebral disc nucleus pulposus cells under low glucose condition. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1414-1419 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the expression of Sox 9 and type II collagen were higher in p53 normal control than p53 knockdown NP cells. Based on these results, we believe that relative high p53 facilitates NP cell viability and integrity. ..
- Pan N, Hui W, Tipoe G, Taylor G, Leung R, Lam W, et al. Inhibition of pyocyanin-potentiated IL-8 release by steroids in bronchial epithelial cells. Respir Med. 2006;100:1614-22 pubmed..The priming action of pyocyanin appears to be blocked by glucocorticoids, thus providing in vitro data in support of the clinical efficacy of inhaled glucocorticoids as anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Zhang T, Yu J, Zhang Y, Li L, Chen Y, Li D, et al. Salmonella enterica serovar enteritidis modulates intestinal epithelial miR-128 levels to decrease macrophage recruitment via macrophage colony-stimulating factor. J Infect Dis. 2014;209:2000-11 pubmed publisher..Salmonella can upregulate intestinal epithelial miR-128 expression, which, in turn, decreases levels of epithelial cell-secreted M-CSF and M-CSF-induced macrophage recruitment. ..
- Yang G, Lu W, Yu D, Sun C, Guo J, Li Z, et al. Quantitative Analysis of Differential Proteome Expression in Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition of Bladder Epithelial Cells Using SILAC Method. Molecules. 2016;21:84 pubmed publisher..bladder cancer cells, revealing 16 proteins that displayed similar changes in the two situations. Studies are in progress to further characterize these 16 proteins and their biological functions in EMT. ..
- Zhu H, Zhang L, Xu J, Zhu C, Zhao H, Zhu Y, et al. AntogomiR-451 protects human gastric epithelial cells from ethanol via activating AMPK signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;497:339-346 pubmed publisher..Collectively, antagomiR-451 protects human GECs from ethanol via activating AMPK signaling. ..
- Lo A, Lo K, Tsao S, Wong H, Hui J, To K, et al. Epstein-Barr virus infection alters cellular signal cascades in human nasopharyngeal epithelial cells. Neoplasia. 2006;8:173-80 pubmed..Our findings suggest that EBV latent infection is able to manipulate multiple cellular signal cascades to protect infected cells from immunologic attack and to facilitate cancer development. ..
- Xiao L, Liu Y, Wang N. New paradigms in inflammatory signaling in vascular endothelial cells. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2014;306:H317-25 pubmed publisher..Thus this article will briefly summarize these new mechanisms with a special emphasis in the context of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Kwok W, Ling M, Lee T, Lau T, Zhou C, Zhang X, et al. Up-regulation of TWIST in prostate cancer and its implication as a therapeutic target. Cancer Res. 2005;65:5153-62 pubmed
- Yang Z, Xiaohua W, Lei J, Ruoyun T, Mingxia X, Weichun H, et al. Uric acid increases fibronectin synthesis through upregulation of lysyl oxidase expression in rat renal tubular epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F336-46 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight a need for carefully reevaluating our previous view on the pathological roles of hyperuricemia in the kidney and nephropathy induced by uric acid in clinical practice. ..
- Tam K, Leung J, Chan L, Lam M, Tang S, Lai K. In vitro enhanced chemotaxis of CD25+ mononuclear cells in patients with familial IgAN through glomerulotubular interactions. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F359-68 pubmed publisher..A long-term follow-up is needed to better define the prognostic course for familial IgAN and to clarify the risk of developing IgAN in initially asymptomatic relatives from a multiplex IgAN family. ..
- Huang C, Du R, Zhang P, Meng H, Jia H, Song Y, et al. Expression, purification, and functional characterization of recombinant PTD-SARA. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2011;43:110-7 pubmed publisher..Recombinant PDT-SARA is likely to be a potential candidate for clinical prevention and treatment of renal fibrosis. ..
- Zhu N, Yuan W, Zhou Y, Peng Y, Gu L, Wang L. [The expression and role of Toll receptor 4 in renal tubular epithelial cells in hepatitis B virus infection]. Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi. 2011;50:505-9 pubmed publisher..HBV infection may promote cell transdifferentiation and cell injury. The stimulation of HK-2 infected with HBV by LPS may upregulate the expression of TLR4 and reduce the copies of HBV DNA. ..
- Zhang Z, Zhang J, Hui Y, Zheng M, Liu X, Kador P, et al. Up-regulation of NDRG2 in senescent lens epithelial cells contributes to age-related cataract in human. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26102 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of NDRG2 induces cell morphological changes, reduces cell viability, and especially lowers cellular resistance to oxidative stress. NDRG2-mediated affects in HLECs may associate with age-related cataract formation. ..
- Liu Z, Tian F, Feng X, He Y, Jiang P, Li J, et al. LPS increases MUC5AC by TACE/TGF-?/EGFR pathway in human intrahepatic biliary epithelial cell. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:165715 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that LPS increases MUC5AC expression through the TACE/TGF-?/EGFR pathway in HIBECs. This new finding might give light to the prevention of stone formation and recurrence of hepatolithiasis. ..
- Ma B, Kang Q, Qin L, Cui L, Pei C. TGF-?2 induces transdifferentiation and fibrosis in human lens epithelial cells via regulating gremlin and CTGF. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;447:689-95 pubmed publisher..Specifically silencing CTGF and gremlin can effectively block the TGF-?2-induced EMT, ECM synthesis due to failure in activation of Smad signaling pathway in HLECs. ..
- Tse G, Ma T, Pang L, Cheung H. Fine needle aspiration cytologic features of mammary phyllodes tumors. Acta Cytol. 2002;46:855-63 pubmed..The presence of large size, low epithelial/stromal ratio, epithelial atypia, columnar stromal cells with visible cytoplasm and stromal giant cells favors a diagnosis of PT over FA. ..
- Chan M, Chan R, Yu W, Ho C, Yuen K, Fong J, et al. Tropism and innate host responses of the 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus in ex vivo and in vitro cultures of human conjunctiva and respiratory tract. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1828-40 pubmed publisher..These findings are therefore relevant for understanding transmission and therapy...
- Li J, Chen R, Fu C, Nie J, Tong J. Screening of differential expressive genes in murine cells following radon exposure. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2010;73:499-506 pubmed publisher..Analysis of biological roles of these cDNA fragments may provide further insight into mechanisms underlying adverse molecular events induced by high-dose radon exposure. ..
- Chen W, Gao N, Shen Y, Cen J. Hypermethylation downregulates Runx3 gene expression and its restoration suppresses gastric epithelial cell growth by inducing p27 and caspase3 in human gastric cancer. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;25:823-31 pubmed publisher..Runx3 was an independent prognostic factor and a potential therapeutic target for gastric cancer. ..
- Cui D, Yin J, Xu W, Chai F, Liu B, Zhang X. Effect of different bile duct flush solutions on biliary tract preservation injury of donated livers for transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2010;42:1576-81 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to explore the effect of various bile duct flush (BDF) solutions on biliary tract preservation of donated livers in rats...
- Xie G, Yan H, Lu Z. Inhibition of glucocorticoid-induced alteration of vimentin by a glucocorticoid receptor antagonist RU486 in the organ-cultured rat lens. Mol Vis. 2011;17:32-40 pubmed..These results suggest that the GR-mediated reduction in vimentin may be involved in the formation of steroid-induced cataract. ..
- Hui K, Lee S, Cheung C, Mao H, Lai A, Chan R, et al. H5N1 influenza virus-induced mediators upregulate RIG-I in uninfected cells by paracrine effects contributing to amplified cytokine cascades. J Infect Dis. 2011;204:1866-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, sensitizing neighboring cells by upregulation of RIG-I contributes to the amplified cytokine cascades during H5N1 infection. ..
- Li C, Ren Y, Jia X, Liang P, Lou W, He L, et al. Twist overexpression promoted epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition of human peritoneal mesothelial cells under high glucose. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012;27:4119-24 pubmed publisher..Twist protein was significantly increased in the PD group. In conclusion, HG-induced Twist expression might contribute to EMT of HPMCs. Twist may control EMT of HPMCs by regulating MMP9. ..
- Wang R, Li Z, Zhang H, Zheng P, Li Q, Shi J, et al. Invasive cancers are not necessarily from preformed in situ tumours - an alternative way of carcinogenesis from misplaced stem cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2013;17:921-6 pubmed publisher..However, we deny the pathway of somatic mutation theory as the major pathway of carcinogenesis. ..
- Li B, He Y, Han X, Zhang S, Xu Y, Zhou Y, et al. Aberrant promoter methylation of SH3GL2 gene in vulvar squamous cell carcinoma correlates with clinicopathological characteristics and HPV infection status. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15442-7 pubmed..Our results indicated that the methylation status of SH3GL2 gene was associated with the TNM staging and HPV infection status of VSCC, suggesting that it might play a synergistic role in the development of VSCC. ..
- Zha J, Li H, Wang Y, Lin Q, Tao M, He W. Characterization of isoform expression and subcellular distribution of MYPT1 in intestinal epithelial cells. Gene. 2016;588:1-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MYPT1 isoforms are expressed in intestinal epithelial cells and MYPT1 may be involved in the regulation of intestinal epithelial barrier function. ..
- Zheng Q, Li Z, Zhou S, Zhang Q, Zhou L, Fu X, et al. Heparin-binding Hemagglutinin of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Is an Inhibitor of Autophagy. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:33 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that rMS-HBHA could inhibit autophagy, promote its survival and replication within A549 cells, and subsequently induce apoptosis on infected cells to facilitate infection...
- Cao B, Zhou X, Ma J, Zhou W, Yang W, Fan D, et al. Role of MiRNAs in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:1426-1438 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we have also elaborated the promising role of miRNAs in IBD-related cancer prevention and prognosis prediction. ..
- Xu Q, Chen L, Ran D, Xie W, Li Q, Zhou X. Bombesin receptor-activated protein regulates neutrophil elastase-induced mucin5AC hypersecretion in human bronchial epithelial cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;357:145-154 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that BRAP plays an important role in airway inflammation and its overexpression may regulate NE-induced MUC5AC hypersecretion in HBE16 cells via the EGFR/ERK/NF-ÎºB signaling pathway. ..
- Fu S, Tang Y, Huang X, Feng M, Xu A, Lan H. Smad7 protects against acute kidney injury by rescuing tubular epithelial cells from the G1 cell cycle arrest. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:1955-1969 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Smad7 plays a protective role in AKI. Blockade of TGF-?/Smad3-p21/p27-induced G1 cell cycle arrest may be a key mechanism by which Smad7 treatment inhibits AKI. Thus, Smad7 may be a novel therapeutic agent for AKI. ..
- Ouyang P, Sugrue S. Characterization of pinin, a novel protein associated with the desmosome-intermediate filament complex. J Cell Biol. 1996;135:1027-42 pubmed..Immunofluorescence staining revealed that the expressed pinin protein was assembled to the lateral boundaries of the cells in contact, which is consistent with the staining pattern of pinin in epithelial cells. ..
- Chung C, Man C, Jin Y, Jin C, Guan X, Wang Q, et al. Amplification and overexpression of aurora kinase A (AURKA) in immortalized human ovarian epithelial (HOSE) cells. Mol Carcinog. 2005;43:165-74 pubmed..Our study showed that amplification and overexpression of AURKA is a common and significant event during immortalization of HOSE cells and may represent an important premalignant change in ovarian carcinogenesis. ..
- Yung S, Lee C, Zhang Q, Lau S, Tsang R, Chan T. Elevated glucose induction of thrombospondin-1 up-regulates fibronectin synthesis in proximal renal tubular epithelial cells through TGF-beta1 dependent and TGF-beta1 independent pathways. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2006;21:1504-13 pubmed..Pharmacological intervention targeting increased TSP-1 expression may interrupt the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Li H, Man C, Jin Y, Deng W, Yip Y, Feng H, et al. Molecular and cytogenetic changes involved in the immortalization of nasopharyngeal epithelial cells by telomerase. Int J Cancer. 2006;119:1567-76 pubmed
- Di K, Wong Y, Wang X. Id-1 promotes TGF-beta1-induced cell motility through HSP27 activation and disassembly of adherens junction in prostate epithelial cells. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:3983-99 pubmed
- Huang Z, Yan D, Ge B. JNK regulates cell migration through promotion of tyrosine phosphorylation of paxillin. Cell Signal. 2008;20:2002-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that phosphorylation of paxillin on Ser 178 by JNK is required for the association of paxillin with FAK, and subsequent tyrosine phosphorylation of paxillin. ..
- Cheung P, Deng W, Man C, Tse W, Srivastava G, Law S, et al. Genetic alterations in a telomerase-immortalized human esophageal epithelial cell line: implications for carcinogenesis. Cancer Lett. 2010;293:41-51 pubmed publisher..Our data also revealed a novel positive regulation of p16(INK4a) on cyclin D1. These findings probably represent early crucial events and mechanisms in esophageal carcinogenesis. ..
- Jiang T, Cai L, Ji W, Hui Y, Wang Y, Hu D, et al. Reconstruction of the corneal epithelium with induced marrow mesenchymal stem cells in rats. Mol Vis. 2010;16:1304-16 pubmed..To explore the feasibility of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) transdifferentiating into corneal epithelial cells in a limbal stem cell deficiency (LSCD) model in rats...