Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on epidermal growth factor in Japan
Topic: epidermal growth factor
- Gui A, Kobayashi A, Motoyama H, Kitazawa M, Takeoka M, Miyagawa S. Impaired degradation followed by enhanced recycling of epidermal growth factor receptor caused by hypo-phosphorylation of tyrosine 1045 in RBE cells. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:179 pubmed publisher..The combination of molecular-targeted therapy determined by the characteristics of individual EGFR phosphorylation events and EGFR recycling inhibition show promise in future treatments of cholangiocarcinoma. ..
- Nakada N, Kuroda K, Kawahara E. Protein phosphatase 2A regulatory subunit Bbeta promotes MAP kinase-mediated migration of A431 cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2005;15:19-28 pubmed..Phosphatase activity of PP2A-Bbeta also did not respond to EGF, collagen or EGF plus collagen, and remained at low levels. These results suggested that PP2A-Bbeta promotes cell migration through the MAPK cascade. ..
- Sakamoto N, Oue N, Sentani K, Anami K, Uraoka N, Naito Y, et al. Liver-intestine cadherin induction by epidermal growth factor receptor is associated with intestinal differentiation of gastric cancer. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:1744-50 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that, in addition to the known intestinal transcription factor caudal type homeobox 2, EGFR activation induces LI-cadherin expression and participates in intestinal differentiation of GC. ..
- Yamaguchi Y, Nagasawa T, Nakamura N, Takenaga M, Mizoguchi M, Kawai S, et al. Successful treatment of photo-damaged skin of nano-scale atRA particles using a novel transdermal delivery. J Control Release. 2005;104:29-40 pubmed..Severely injured human skin by chronic ultraviolet irradiation will completely repair due to the accelerated turnover of skin tissue, which is induced by Nano-atRA. ..
- Uezu A, Horiuchi A, Kanda K, Kikuchi N, Umeda K, Tsujita K, et al. SGIP1alpha is an endocytic protein that directly interacts with phospholipids and Eps15. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:26481-9 pubmed..These results suggest that SGIP1alpha plays an essential role in clathrin-mediated endocytosis by interacting with phospholipids and Eps15. ..
- Nakatsuji Y, Nishio Y, Tani N, Adachi K, Ohmichi M, Hisamoto K, et al. Epidermal growth factor enhances invasive activity of BeWo choriocarcinoma cells by inducing alpha2 integrin expression. Endocr J. 2003;50:703-14 pubmed..These results suggest that EGF may induce alpha2 integrin expression in trophoblast cells, thereby enhancing their invasiveness into the endometrium via an increase of their chemokinetic activity. ..
- Hinokio K, Yamano S, Nakagawa K, Iraharaa M, Kamada M, Tokumura A, et al. Lysophosphatidic acid stimulates nuclear and cytoplasmic maturation of golden hamster immature oocytes in vitro via cumulus cells. Life Sci. 2002;70:759-67 pubmed..7% vs. 13.2%, p < 0.05) and was comparable with that of oocytes matured in vivo. In conclusion, LPA stimulates the nuclear and cytoplasmic maturation of hamster immature oocytes via cumulus cells. ..
- Tanaka A, Nagate T, Matsuda H. Acceleration of wound healing by gelatin film dressings with epidermal growth factor. J Vet Med Sci. 2005;67:909-13 pubmed..Therefore, we concluded that the gelatin film is a useful material to keep EGF stable and the EGF containing sheet has the ability to become an efficient therapeutic agent for superficial or deep partial-thickness wounds in the skin. ..
- Shin H, Morinaga N, Noda M, Nakayama K. BIG2, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for ADP-ribosylation factors: its localization to recycling endosomes and implication in the endosome integrity. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:5283-94 pubmed..These observations together indicate that BIG2 is implicated in the structural integrity of the recycling endosome through activating class I ARFs. ..
- Kim J, Saito K, Yokoyama S. Chimeric receptor analyses of the interactions of the ectodomains of ErbB-1 with epidermal growth factor and of those of ErbB-4 with neuregulin. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:2323-9 pubmed..Therefore, the relative contributions between domains I and III of ErbB-4 in the NRG signaling are different from those of ErbB-1 in the EGF signaling. ..
- Matsuhashi S, Noji S, Koyama E, Myokai F, Ohuchi H, Taniguchi S, et al. New gene, nel, encoding a M(r) 93 K protein with EGF-like repeats is strongly expressed in neural tissues of early stage chick embryos. Dev Dyn. 1995;203:212-22 pubmed..One band of about 4.5 Kb mRNA was detected in all tissues and stages by Northern blot hybridization analysis. The possible function of the gene is discussed. ..
- Ohnishi T, Nakamura O, Arakaki N, Miyazaki H, Daikuhara Y. Effects of cytokines and growth factors on phosphorylated fetuin biosynthesis by adult rat hepatocytes in primary culture. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;200:598-605 pubmed..We also showed that administration of HGF/SF stimulated gene expression of rat fetuin in vivo. ..
- Suzuki H, Amizuka N, Noda M, Amano O, Maeda T. Histological and immunohistochemical changes in the submandibular gland in klotho-deficient mice. Arch Histol Cytol. 2006;69:119-28 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the klotho gene inhibited the differentiation of the granular duct from the striated duct due to the repression and/or down-regulation of sexual and growth hormones. ..
- Ishii T, Sootome H, Toyoda H, Suda M, Noumi T, Yamashita K. Dual enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay system for detection of endogenous kinase activities of mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase-1/2. Assay Drug Dev Technol. 2007;5:523-33 pubmed..Our established system is applicable to inhibitor screening and drug discovery related to MSK1/MSK2. ..
- Masuda K, Katagiri C, Nomura M, Sato M, Kakumoto K, Akagi T, et al. MKP-7, a JNK phosphatase, blocks ERK-dependent gene activation by anchoring phosphorylated ERK in the cytoplasm. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:201-6 pubmed publisher..Reporter gene analysis indicated that MKP-7 blocks ERK-mediated transcription. Overall, our data indicate that MKP-7 down-regulates ERK-dependent gene expression by blocking nuclear accumulation of phospho-ERK. ..
- Tanimizu N, Saito H, Mostov K, Miyajima A. Long-term culture of hepatic progenitors derived from mouse Dlk+ hepatoblasts. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:6425-34 pubmed
- Kiyokawa E, Hashimoto Y, Kurata T, Sugimura H, Matsuda M. Evidence that DOCK180 up-regulates signals from the CrkII-p130(Cas) complex. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:24479-84 pubmed..These findings suggest that DOCK180 positively regulates signaling from integrins to CrkII-p130(Cas) complexes at focal adhesions. ..
- Iwakura Y, Piao Y, Mizuno M, Takei N, Kakita A, Takahashi H, et al. Influences of dopaminergic lesion on epidermal growth factor-ErbB signals in Parkinson's disease and its model: neurotrophic implication in nigrostriatal neurons. J Neurochem. 2005;93:974-83 pubmed..These findings suggest that the neurotrophic activity of EGF is maintained by afferent signals of midbrain dopaminergic neurons and is impaired in patients with Parkinson's disease. ..
- Ochi F, Matozaki T, Noguchi T, Fujioka Y, Yamao T, Takada T, et al. Epidermal growth factor stimulates the tyrosine phosphorylation of SHPS-1 and association of SHPS-1 with SHP-2, a SH2 domain-containing protein tyrosine phosphatase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;239:483-7 pubmed..These results suggest that SHPS-1 may be involved in the recruitment of SHP-2 from the cytosol to the plasma membrane in response to EGF. ..
- Yamamoto M, Meno C, Sakai Y, Shiratori H, Mochida K, Ikawa Y, et al. The transcription factor FoxH1 (FAST) mediates Nodal signaling during anterior-posterior patterning and node formation in the mouse. Genes Dev. 2001;15:1242-56 pubmed..These results indicate that a Nodal-FoxH1 signaling pathway plays a central role in A-P patterning and node formation in the mouse. ..
- Yoshimura S, Yoshioka K, Barr F, Lowe M, Nakayama K, Ohkuma S, et al. Convergence of cell cycle regulation and growth factor signals on GRASP65. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:23048-56 pubmed..The convergence of cell cycle regulation and growth factor signals on GRASP65 Ser-277 suggests that GRASP65 may function as a signal integrator controlling the cell growth. ..
- Fujiwara Y, Higuchi K, Takashima T, Hamaguchi M, Hayakawa T, Tominaga K, et al. Roles of epidermal growth factor and Na+/H+ exchanger-1 in esophageal epithelial defense against acid-induced injury. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2006;290:G665-73 pubmed..Deficiency in endogenous EGF is associated with increased severity of esophagitis. EGF and NHE-1 play crucial roles in esophageal epithelial defense against acid. ..
- Katoh Y, Katoh M. Comparative integromics on FAT1, FAT2, FAT3 and FAT4. Int J Mol Med. 2006;18:523-8 pubmed..FAT4 mRNA was expressed in fetal brain, infant brain, brain tumor and colorectal cancer. FAT family members were revealed to be targets of systems medicine in the fields of oncology and neurology. ..
- Araki N, Egami Y, Watanabe Y, Hatae T. Phosphoinositide metabolism during membrane ruffling and macropinosome formation in EGF-stimulated A431 cells. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:1496-507 pubmed..This study emphasizes that locally controlled levels of phosphoinositides are important for regulating the function of actin-binding proteins which effect changes in the membrane architecture. ..
- Yamashita Y, Kawashima I, Yanai Y, Nishibori M, Richards J, Shimada M. Hormone-induced expression of tumor necrosis factor alpha-converting enzyme/A disintegrin and metalloprotease-17 impacts porcine cumulus cell oocyte complex expansion and meiotic maturation via ligand activation of the epidermal growth factor recepto. Endocrinology. 2007;148:6164-75 pubmed..Thus, TACE/ADAM17 is induced and the activity is involved in porcine COC expansion as well as oocyte meiotic maturation through the activation of EGF receptor in cumulus cells. ..
- Maruo T, Ladines Llave C, Matsuo H, Manalo A, Mochizuki M. A novel change in cytologic localization of human chorionic gonadotropin and human placental lactogen in first-trimester placenta in the course of gestation. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1992;167:217-22 pubmed
- Miyazaki T, Liu Z, Kawahara A, Minami Y, Yamada K, Tsujimoto Y, et al. Three distinct IL-2 signaling pathways mediated by bcl-2, c-myc, and lck cooperate in hematopoietic cell proliferation. Cell. 1995;81:223-31 pubmed..These studies demonstrate a novel approach to dissecting signaling pathways regulating cellular proliferation. ..
- Hayashi T, Nishioka J, Shigekiyo T, Saito S, Suzuki K. Protein S Tokushima: abnormal molecule with a substitution of Glu for Lys-155 in the second epidermal growth factor-like domain of protein S. Blood. 1994;83:683-90 pubmed..These findings suggest that the protein S Tokushima molecule is structurally and functionally a variant of protein S, and that this variant protein S is the cause of severe thrombosis in this patient. ..
- Iwama A, Hamaguchi I, Hashiyama M, Murayama Y, Yasunaga K, Suda T. Molecular cloning and characterization of mouse TIE and TEK receptor tyrosine kinase genes and their expression in hematopoietic stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;195:301-9 pubmed..Both genes were expressed in a similar fashion in adult tissues and primitive hematopoietic cells, predominantly in the bone marrow HSCs. ..
- Yukawa M, Fujimori T, Hirayama D, Idei Y, Ajiki T, Kawai K, et al. Expression of oncogene products and growth factors in early gallbladder cancer, advanced gallbladder cancer, and chronic cholecystitis. Hum Pathol. 1993;24:37-40 pubmed..These results suggest that various oncogenes may have significant roles in gallbladder cancer and that collagen synthesis is reduced by epidermal growth factor and enhanced by transforming growth factor-beta. ..
- Satoh T, Kato J, Nishida K, Kaziro Y. Tyrosine phosphorylation of ACK in response to temperature shift-down, hyperosmotic shock, and epidermal growth factor stimulation. FEBS Lett. 1996;386:230-4 pubmed..The responses to EGF and the high osmolarity were transient. Furthermore, we observed association of ACK with an adaptor protein Grb2, which may suggest the involvement of Grb2 in EGF receptor-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of ACK. ..
- Nagata K, Kohda D, Hatanaka H, Ichikawa S, Matsuda S, Yamamoto T, et al. Solution structure of the epidermal growth factor-like domain of heregulin-alpha, a ligand for p180erbB-4. EMBO J. 1994;13:3517-23 pubmed..The structure should provide a basis for the structure-activity relationship of HRGs and for the design of drugs which prevent progression of breast cancer. ..
- Hashimoto K, Higashiyama S, Asada H, Hashimura E, Kobayashi T, Sudo K, et al. Heparin-binding epidermal growth factor-like growth factor is an autocrine growth factor for human keratinocytes. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:20060-6 pubmed..9-fold at 1 h. These results suggest that HB-EGF is an autocrine growth factor for human keratinocytes, and HB-EGF and TGF-alpha act not only by an autoinductive mechanism but also by mutual amplification. ..
- Gotoh N, Toyoda M, Shibuya M. Tyrosine phosphorylation sites at amino acids 239 and 240 of Shc are involved in epidermal growth factor-induced mitogenic signaling that is distinct from Ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase activation. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:1824-31 pubmed..These results suggest that Shc activates two distinct signaling pathways, Y317 to Ras/MAPK and Y239 and Y240 to another pathway including Myc, and that both are involved in EGF-induced mitogenic signaling. ..
- Tamai H, Kim H, Arai H, Inoue K, Mino M. Developmental changes in the expression of alpha-tocopherol transfer protein during the neonatal period of rat. Biofactors. 1998;7:87-91 pubmed..The increase in the ratio seemed to correlate with the developmental expression of alpha-TTP in the liver during this period. ..
- Tsujimoto H, Yura Y, Yoshioka Y, Kusaka J, Yoshida H, Sato M. Effect of epidermal growth factor administration on the development of mouse salivary gland carcinomas. J Oral Pathol Med. 1999;28:30-6 pubmed..These findings indicate that EGF does not promote tumor induction in mouse salivary gland carcinogenesis. This may be ascribed in part to the low expression level of EGFR in tumor cells. ..
- Yashiro M, Chung Y, Nishimura S, Inoue T, Sowa M. Establishment of two new scirrhous gastric cancer cell lines: analysis of factors associated with disseminated metastasis. Br J Cancer. 1995;72:1200-10 pubmed..The two cell lines OCUM-2M and OCUM-2D should be beneficial for analysing mechanisms of tumour progression...
- Kohda D, Inagaki F. Three-dimensional nuclear magnetic resonance structures of mouse epidermal growth factor in acidic and physiological pH solutions. Biochemistry. 1992;31:11928-39 pubmed..Considering the fact that Leu47 is essential in EGF binding to the receptor, this conformational difference may be important in receptor recognition. ..
- Chan T, Satow R, Kitagawa H, Kato S, Asashima M. Ledgerline, a novel Xenopus laevis gene, regulates differentiation of presomitic mesoderm during somitogenesis. Zoolog Sci. 2006;23:689-97 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that ledgerline is essential for mesodermal RA activity and differentiation of the presomitic mesoderm during Xenopus somitogenesis. ..
- Mitamura T, Higashiyama S, Taniguchi N, Klagsbrun M, Mekada E. Diphtheria toxin binds to the epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like domain of human heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor/diphtheria toxin receptor and inhibits specifically its mitogenic activity. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:1015-9 pubmed..These results confirmed further that DT interacts with the EGF-like domain of HB-EGF and that this interaction is specific for human HB-EGF. ..
- Kumamoto T, Fujii M, Hou D. Myricetin directly targets JAK1 to inhibit cell transformation. Cancer Lett. 2009;275:17-26 pubmed publisher..Affinity data further demonstrated that myricetin had a higher affinity for JAK1 than STAT3. Thus, our data indicate that myricetin might directly target JAK1 to block cell transformation in mouse JB6 cells. ..
- Katunuma N, Kido H. Studies on biomodulators of glucocorticoid actions; the nature and the modes of actions of glucocorticoid potency amplifiers. Adv Enzyme Regul. 1987;26:191-208 pubmed
- Hirota M, Furukawa Y, Shinoda I, Yoneoka T, Ito T, Furukawa S, et al. Changes in nerve growth factor content of the submaxillary gland in the genetically dystrophic (mdx) mouse. J Neurol Sci. 1994;121:176-82 pubmed..The parallel changes in NGF and EGF contents during development of the submaxillary gland suggest that the mdx mouse suffers from some abnormality in the development of this organ.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Ando Y, Imamura S, Owada M, Kannagi R. Calcium-induced intracellular cross-linking of lipocortin I by tissue transglutaminase in A431 cells. Augmentation by membrane phospholipids. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:1101-8 pubmed
- Yamaguchi K, Shirakabe K, Shibuya H, Irie K, Oishi I, Ueno N, et al. Identification of a member of the MAPKKK family as a potential mediator of TGF-beta signal transduction. Science. 1995;270:2008-11 pubmed..Furthermore, kinase activity of TAK1 was stimulated in response to TGF-beta and bone morphogenetic protein. These results suggest that TAK1 functions as a mediator in the signaling pathway of TGF-beta superfamily members. ..
- Miki H, Miura K, Takenawa T. N-WASP, a novel actin-depolymerizing protein, regulates the cortical cytoskeletal rearrangement in a PIP2-dependent manner downstream of tyrosine kinases. EMBO J. 1996;15:5326-35 pubmed..Collectively, we conclude that N-WASP transmits signals from tyrosine kinases to cause a polarized rearrangement of cortical actin filaments dependent on PIP2. ..
- Yamago G, Takata Y, Furuta I, Urase K, Momoi T, Huh N. Suppression of hair follicle development inhibits induction of sonic hedgehog, patched, and patched-2 in hair germs in mice. Arch Dermatol Res. 2001;293:435-41 pubmed..The potential of the two biological systems for studying molecular mechanisms in hair follicle formation, particularly at an early phase including Shh signaling, is discussed. ..
- Futamura T, Toyooka K, Iritani S, Niizato K, Nakamura R, Tsuchiya K, et al. Abnormal expression of epidermal growth factor and its receptor in the forebrain and serum of schizophrenic patients. Mol Psychiatry. 2002;7:673-82 pubmed
- Matuoka K, Shibasaki F, Shibata M, Takenawa T. Ash/Grb-2, a SH2/SH3-containing protein, couples to signaling for mitogenesis and cytoskeletal reorganization by EGF and PDGF. EMBO J. 1993;12:3467-73 pubmed..Other proteins of approximately 21, 29, 135 and 160 kDa were also detected in the anti-Ash antibody immunoprecipitates, suggesting a role of Ash as a linker molecule in signal transduction downstream of growth factor receptors. ..
- Mitsui K, Nakajima D, Ohara O, Nakayama M. Mammalian fat3: a large protein that contains multiple cadherin and EGF-like motifs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:1260-6 pubmed..These data suggest that the fat3 protein plays an important role in axon fasciculation and modulation of the extracellular space surrounding axons during embryonic development. ..
- Kuromitsu S, Yokota H, Hiramoto M, Yuri M, Naitou M, Nakamura N, et al. Combination of MS protein identification and bioassay of chromatographic fractions to identify biologically active substances from complex protein sources. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:1318-23 pubmed publisher..The combination of MS protein identification and bioassay of chromatographic fractions may be useful for identifying biologically active substances from complex protein sources. ..
- Takeuchi T, Misaki A, Liang S, Tachibana A, Hayashi N, Sonobe H, et al. Expression of T-cadherin (CDH13, H-Cadherin) in human brain and its characteristics as a negative growth regulator of epidermal growth factor in neuroblastoma cells. J Neurochem. 2000;74:1489-97 pubmed..Epidermal growth factor is known to be required for proliferation of neural stem cells. This finding, together with those of the present study, suggests that T-cadherin functions as a negative regulator of neural cell growth. ..
- Yoshida J, Ishibashi T, Nishio M. Growth-inhibitory effect of a streptococcal antitumor glycoprotein on human epidermoid carcinoma A431 cells: involvement of dephosphorylation of epidermal growth factor receptor. Cancer Res. 2001;61:6151-7 pubmed..These findings indicate that dephosphorylation of the M(r) 170,000 EGFR by activation of PTPase(s) may be responsible in part for the antiproliferative effect of SAGP on A431 cells. ..
- Bundo M, Toyoshima M, Okada Y, Akamatsu W, Ueda J, Nemoto Miyauchi T, et al. Increased l1 retrotransposition in the neuronal genome in schizophrenia. Neuron. 2014;81:306-13 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that hyperactive retrotransposition of L1 in neurons triggered by environmental and/or genetic risk factors may contribute to the susceptibility and pathophysiology of schizophrenia. ..
- Hase S, Nishimura H, Kawabata S, Iwanaga S, Ikenaka T. The structure of (xylose)2glucose-O-serine 53 found in the first epidermal growth factor-like domain of bovine blood clotting factor IX. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:1858-61 pubmed..Glucose and xylose belong to the D series by high performance liquid chromatography on a chiral column. From the results, the structure of the trisaccharide is proposed as: D-Xyl p alpha 1-3-D-Xyl p alpha 1-3-D-Glcp beta 1-O-Ser-53. ..
- Imai T, Kurachi H, Adachi K, Adachi H, Yoshimoto Y, Homma H, et al. Changes in epidermal growth factor receptor and the levels of its ligands during menstrual cycle in human endometrium. Biol Reprod. 1995;52:928-38 pubmed
- Tarumi W, Tsukamoto S, Okutsu Y, Takahashi N, Horiuchi T, Itoh M, et al. Androstenedione induces abnormalities in morphology and function of developing oocytes, which impairs oocyte meiotic competence. Fertil Steril. 2012;97:469-76 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that excess androgen induces abnormalities in the morphology and function of developing oocytes, which impairs oocyte meiotic competence. ..
- Hayashi T, Koyama N, Azuma Y, Kashimata M. Mesenchymal miR-21 regulates branching morphogenesis in murine submandibular gland in vitro. Dev Biol. 2011;352:299-307 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that branching morphogenesis is regulated by miR-21 through gene expression related to ECM degradation in the mesenchyme...
- Kitajima T, Chiba Y, Jigami Y. Mutation of high-affinity methionine permease contributes to selenomethionyl protein production in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:6351-9 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we conclude that the mup1 mutant would be useful for the preparation of selenomethionyl proteins for X-ray crystallography. ..
- Hayashi T, Koyama N, Gresik E, Kashimata M. Detection of EGF-dependent microRNAs of the fetal mouse submandibular gland at embryonic day 13. J Med Invest. 2009;56 Suppl:250-2 pubmed..Comparing the three profiles revealed that several miRNAs were expressed specifically at each condition. These results suggested that these miRNAs were associated with regulating organogenesis, possibly including branching morphogenesis...
- Koyama T, Ehashi T, Ohshima N, Miyoshi H. Efficient proliferation and maturation of fetal liver cells in three-dimensional culture by stimulation of oncostatin M, epidermal growth factor, and dimethyl sulfoxide. Tissue Eng Part A. 2009;15:1099-107 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, successive supply of the growth medium containing EGF and OSM and the differentiation medium containing DMSO efficiently induced the growth of the 3-D cultured FLCs and their differentiation into mature hepatocytes. ..
- Hirotsune S, Takahara T, Sasaki N, Hirose K, Yoshiki A, Ohashi T, et al. The reeler gene encodes a protein with an EGF-like motif expressed by pioneer neurons. Nat Genet. 1995;10:77-83 pubmed..Our findings offer an explanation for how the reeler mutant phenotype causes a disturbance of the complex architecture of the neuronal network. ..
- Tanaka N, Masamura K, Yoshida M, Kato M, Kawai Y, Miyamori I. A role of heparin-binding epidermal growth factor-like growth factor in cardiac remodeling after myocardial infarction. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;297:375-81 pubmed..We suggest that the interaction between HB-EGF and EGFR transactivation is closely related to the proliferation of cardiac fibroblasts and cardiac remodeling after MI in an autocrine, paracrine, and juxtacrine manner. ..
- Adachi H, Kurachi H, Homma H, Adachi K, Imai T, Morishige K, et al. Epidermal growth factor promotes adipogenesis of 3T3-L1 cell in vitro. Endocrinology. 1994;135:1824-30 pubmed..These results suggest that EGF shows biphasic effects on adipocytes: although EGF inhibits preadipocytes differentiation into mature adipocytes, it promotes adipogenesis in the differentiated adipocytes. ..
- Asada S, Daitoku H, Matsuzaki H, Saito T, Sudo T, Mukai H, et al. Mitogen-activated protein kinases, Erk and p38, phosphorylate and regulate Foxo1. Cell Signal. 2007;19:519-27 pubmed..These results suggest that Foxo1 is specifically phosphorylated by Erk and p38, and that this phosphorylation regulates the function of Foxo1 as a coactivator for Ets-1. ..
- Yahata Y, Shirakata Y, Tokumaru S, Yang L, Dai X, Tohyama M, et al. A novel function of angiotensin II in skin wound healing. Induction of fibroblast and keratinocyte migration by angiotensin II via heparin-binding epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like growth factor-mediated EGF receptor transactivation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:13209-16 pubmed
- Moriguchi T, Gotoh Y, Nishida E. Activation of two isoforms of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase in response to epidermal growth factor and nerve growth factor. Eur J Biochem. 1995;234:32-8 pubmed..Thus, the same or quite similar mechanisms may operate in the regulation of the activation and deactivation of two isoforms of MAPKK, and both kinases might have redundant functions when expressed in the same cell. ..
- Adachi H, Kurachi H, Homma H, Adachi K, Imai T, Sakata M, et al. Involvement of epidermal growth factor in inducing adiposity of age female mice. J Endocrinol. 1995;146:381-93 pubmed..The results, however, were consistent with the fact that adipose tissue EGF receptors were down regulated in Sx mice. These findings suggest that EGF may play a role in the induction of adiposity in aged female mice. ..
- Tochio T, Tanaka H, Nakata S, Hosoya H. Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase A is involved in HaCaT cell migration by inducing lamellipodia formation. J Dermatol Sci. 2010;58:123-9 pubmed publisher..We concluded that ALDOA is involved in keratinocyte migration following the induction of lamellipodia formation, and ALDOA-related migration is enhanced by EGF. ..
- Kurisaki T, Masuda A, Sudo K, Sakagami J, Higashiyama S, Matsuda Y, et al. Phenotypic analysis of Meltrin alpha (ADAM12)-deficient mice: involvement of Meltrin alpha in adipogenesis and myogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:55-61 pubmed..We also report here the chromosomal locations of Meltrin alpha in the mouse and rat. ..
- Suzawa M, Tamura Y, Fukumoto S, Miyazono K, Fujita T, Kato S, et al. Stimulation of Smad1 transcriptional activity by Ras-extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway: a possible mechanism for collagen-dependent osteoblastic differentiation. J Bone Miner Res. 2002;17:240-8 pubmed
- Araki N, Hamasaki M, Egami Y, Hatae T. Effect of 3-methyladenine on the fusion process of macropinosomes in EGF-stimulated A431 cells. Cell Struct Funct. 2006;31:145-57 pubmed..However, the long association of PtdIns(3)P with macropinosomes may well be a cell-type specific feature of A431 cells. ..
- Miyamoto H, Baba S, Nakajima S, Mine T, Yoshikawa N, Fumoto S, et al. Pretreatment with epidermal growth factor enhances naked plasmid DNA transfer onto gastric serosal surface in mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2012;35:903-8 pubmed..These findings are valuable to develop an effective method of in vivo gene transfer to the stomach...
- Aoyama M, Sun Wada G, Yamamoto A, Yamamoto M, Hamada H, Wada Y. Spatial restriction of bone morphogenetic protein signaling in mouse gastrula through the mVam2-dependent endocytic pathway. Dev Cell. 2012;22:1163-75 pubmed publisher..We found that mVam2, which interacts with BMP type I receptor, is required for the spatiotemporal modulation of BMP signaling, via sequestration of the receptor complex in the late stages of the endocytic pathway...
- Hanaoka E, Ozaki T, Ohira M, Nakamura Y, Suzuki M, Takahashi E, et al. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of the human DA41 gene and its mapping to chromosome 9q21.2-q21.3. J Hum Genet. 2000;45:188-91 pubmed..Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) revealed that DA41 was mapped to human chromosome 9q21.2-q21.3, a position overlapping the candidate tumor suppressor locus for bladder cancer. ..
- Shirasawa S, Sugiyama S, Baba I, Inokuchi J, Sekine S, Ogino K, et al. Dermatitis due to epiregulin deficiency and a critical role of epiregulin in immune-related responses of keratinocyte and macrophage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:13921-6 pubmed