Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on enzyme linked immunosorbent assay in Sweden
Topic: enzyme linked immunosorbent assay
Publications113 found, 100 shown here
- Akesson A, Macellaro A, Tull P, Williams J, Norlander L. Epidemiology of Q fever in Sweden. Scand J Infect Dis. 1991;23:153-7 pubmed..burnetii, phases I and II. Positive reactions were confirmed with Western blot analysis. It was found that 30% of the study group were seropositive to C. burnetii, thus indicating that Q fever is endemic in this area of Sweden...
- Larsson T, Sommarin Y, Paulsson M, Antonsson P, Hedbom E, Wendel M, et al. Cartilage matrix proteins. A basic 36-kDa protein with a restricted distribution to cartilage and bone. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:20428-33 pubmed..Tendon may contain trace amounts of the protein, whereas extracts of several other tissues showed no immunoreactivity in enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. ..
- Norhagen Engström G, Engstrom P. Effects of tobacco smoking on salivary immunoglobulin levels in immunodeficiency. Eur J Oral Sci. 1998;106:986-91 pubmed..The increased levels of sIgA in unstimulated saliva in immunocompetent smokers may be a reflection of the protection of the oral mucosa. ..
- Winther A, Nässel D. Intestinal peptides as circulating hormones: release of tachykinin-related peptide from the locust and cockroach midgut. J Exp Biol. 2001;204:1269-80 pubmed
- Laudon H, Karlstrom H, Mathews P, Farmery M, Gandy S, Lundkvist J, et al. Functional domains in presenilin 1: the Tyr-288 residue controls gamma-secretase activity and endoproteolysis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:23925-32 pubmed..Thus, mutations at Tyr-288 do not affect gamma-secretase complex assembly but can differentially control endoproteolysis and gamma-secretase activity. ..
- Ryding J, Dahlberg L, Wallen Ohman M, Dillner J. Deletion of a major neutralizing epitope of human papillomavirus type 16 virus-like particles. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:792-802 pubmed
- Tråvén M, Näslund K, Linde N, Linde B, Silvan A, Fossum C, et al. Experimental reproduction of winter dysentery in lactating cows using BCV -- comparison with BCV infection in milk-fed calves. Vet Microbiol. 2001;81:127-51 pubmed..The cows showed a more severe general diseases than seronegative calves infected concurrently. Very long-lasting IgA antibody responses were detected both systemically and locally. ..
- Blomqvist M, Osterbye T, Mansson J, Horn T, Buschard K, Fredman P. Selective lack of the C16:0 fatty acid isoform of sulfatide in pancreas of type II diabetic animal models. APMIS. 2003;111:867-77 pubmed..Thus, it is hypothesized that the selection of sulfatide isomers in pancreas might be a genetic factor contributing to disease development in type II diabetic animal models. ..
- Strindelius L, Filler M, Sjöholm I. Mucosal immunization with purified flagellin from Salmonella induces systemic and mucosal immune responses in C3H/HeJ mice. Vaccine. 2004;22:3797-808 pubmed..After oral challenge with live serovar Enteritidis, the groups immunized orally or nasally with free flagellin had significantly lower degree of infection than the control group (P <0.05). ..
- Källberg E, Leanderson T. Joining-chain (J-chain) negative mice are B cell memory deficient. Eur J Immunol. 2006;36:1398-403 pubmed..Thus, J-chain-deficient mice have a selective defect in T helper cell function during B cell immune responses, resulting in a deficiency in the formation of B cell memory. ..
- Vallerskog T, Heimburger M, Gunnarsson I, Zhou W, Wahren Herlenius M, Trollmo C, et al. Differential effects on BAFF and APRIL levels in rituximab-treated patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R167 pubmed..In spite of the limited number of patients, our data suggest that BAFF and APRIL are differentially regulated in different autoimmune diseases and, in addition, differently affected by rituximab treatment. ..
- Ahlm C, Thelin A, Elgh F, Juto P, Stiernström E, Holmberg S, et al. Prevalence of antibodies specific to Puumala virus among farmers in Sweden. Scand J Work Environ Health. 1998;24:104-8 pubmed..In addition the evidence indicated that, in this region, farming is associated with an increased risk of contracting hantavirus infection. ..
- Bläckberg M, Berling R, Ohlsson K. Tissue kallikrein in severe acute pancreatitis in patients treated with high-dose intraperitoneal aprotinin. Pancreas. 1999;19:325-34 pubmed..The low admission levels of kallistatin in the six patients operated on because of pancreatic necrosis suggest that kallistatin may act as an early marker of severity in acute pancreatitis. ..
- Fallgren C, Andersson A, Ljungh A. The role of glycosaminoglycan binding of staphylococci in attachment to eukaryotic host cells. Curr Microbiol. 2001;43:57-63 pubmed..These observations may suggest that at least one mode of staphylococcal attachment utilizes GAG chains present on the surface of virtually all adherent cells. ..
- Nygren E, Holmgren J, Attridge S. Murine antibody responses following systemic or mucosal immunization with viable or inactivated Vibrio cholerae. Vaccine. 2008;26:6784-90 pubmed publisher..cholerae. The established immunization protocols will allow evaluation of the systemic and mucosal immunogenicity of new vaccine formulations. ..
- Akesson A, Krauss H, Thiele H, Macellaro A, Schwan O, Norlander L. Isolation of Coxiella burnetii in Sweden. Scand J Infect Dis. 1991;23:273-4 pubmed..Coxiella burnetii was isolated from sheep placentas, which had been collected from farms harbouring humans seropositive to the organism. The isolation of these bacteria is the final evidence that Q fever is a domestic disease in Sweden...
- Landberg E, Huang Y, Strömqvist M, Mechref Y, Hansson L, Lundblad A, et al. Changes in glycosylation of human bile-salt-stimulated lipase during lactation. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2000;377:246-54 pubmed..This study shows that glycosylation of BSSL is dependent on blood group phenotype of the donor and changes substantially during the lactation period. ..
- Nordengrahn A, Klingeborn B, Lindholm A, Merza M. The use of a neutralizing monoclonal antibody to detect infections of equine herpesvirus type 2 (EHV-2). J Vet Diagn Invest. 2001;13:389-93 pubmed..The test is based on a monoclonal antibody with neutralizing activity and had a sensitivity of 94% and a specificity of 100%. Antibodies due to newly acquired infection in foals were successfully detected with this blocking ELISA. ..
- Faresjo M, Ernerudh J, Berlin G, Garcia J, Ludvigsson J. The immunological effect of photopheresis in children with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes. Pediatr Res. 2005;58:459-66 pubmed..Photopheresis has an immune-modulating effect in children with type 1 diabetes, causing a Th2-like deviation. ..
- Ahnström J, Faber K, Axler O, Dahlback B. Hydrophobic ligand binding properties of the human lipocalin apolipoprotein M. J Lipid Res. 2007;48:1754-62 pubmed..In conclusion, the binding of retinol and retinoic acid supports the hypothesis that apoM is a lipocalin. The physiological relevance of this binding has yet to be elucidated. ..
- Ramström M, Zuberovic A, Grönwall C, Hanrieder J, Bergquist J, Hober S. Development of affinity columns for the removal of high-abundance proteins in cerebrospinal fluid. Biotechnol Appl Biochem. 2009;52:159-66 pubmed publisher..Enhanced identification of lower-abundance components was observed in the depleted fraction, in terms of more detected peptides per protein. ..
- Johansson M, Lundberg M. Glutathionylation of beta-actin via a cysteinyl sulfenic acid intermediary. BMC Biochem. 2007;8:26 pubmed..We also show that the reactivity and oxidation to a reactive protein thiol intermediary differ between different actin isoforms. ..
- Persson A, Bergstrom T, Lindh M, Namvar L, Studahl M. Varicella-zoster virus CNS disease--viral load, clinical manifestations and sequels. J Clin Virol. 2009;46:249-53 pubmed publisher..CSF viral loads were higher in patients with encephalitis and acute aseptic meningitis than in other CNS syndromes caused by VZV. A majority of the patients that were seen in follow-up had neurological symptoms and sequels. ..
- Salzer J, Svenningsson A, Sundström P. Neurofilament light as a prognostic marker in multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler. 2010;16:287-92 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the neurofilament light level could be used as a prognostic marker in early relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. ..
- Jensen P, Arbelaez L, Shanbhag V, Stigbrand T. Preparation and characterization of a C-terminal fragment of pregnancy zone protein corresponding to the receptor-binding peptide from human alpha 2-macroglobulin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1293:254-8 pubmed..263, 6709-6714) and the binding of this to the C-terminal fragments of both pregnancy zone protein and alpha 2-macroglobulin indicates that both proteins use the same receptor recognition site for binding to the LRP/alpha 2M-receptor. ..
- Bjarnadottir M, Nilsson C, Lindstrom V, Westman A, Davidsson P, Thormodsson F, et al. The cerebral hemorrhage-producing cystatin C variant (L68Q) in extracellular fluids. Amyloid. 2001;8:1-10 pubmed
- Sörme P, Kahl Knutsson B, Wellmar U, Magnusson B, Leffler H, Nilsson U. Design and synthesis of galectin inhibitors. Methods Enzymol. 2003;363:157-69 pubmed
- Issaeva N, Bozko P, Enge M, Protopopova M, Verhoef L, Masucci M, et al. Small molecule RITA binds to p53, blocks p53-HDM-2 interaction and activates p53 function in tumors. Nat Med. 2004;10:1321-8 pubmed..RITA may serve as a lead compound for the development of an anticancer drug that targets tumors with wild-type p53. ..
- Wan M, Sabirsh A, Wetterholm A, Agerberth B, Haeggstrom J. Leukotriene B4 triggers release of the cathelicidin LL-37 from human neutrophils: novel lipid-peptide interactions in innate immune responses. FASEB J. 2007;21:2897-905 pubmed..Moreover, these novel lipid-peptide signaling pathways may offer new opportunities for pharmacological intervention and treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases. ..
- Mark C. Large variations in the ovalbumin content in six European influenza vaccines. Pharmeur Sci Notes. 2006;2006:27-9 pubmed..0 microg per dose (i.e. 2.0 microg/ml) set by the European Pharmacopoeia for the actual types of influenza vaccines. Thus results presented here clearly show that a tightening of the limit is fully possible. ..
- Grimsholm O, Rantapaa Dahlqvist S, Dalen T, Forsgren S. Observations favouring the occurrence of local production and marked effects of bombesin/gastrin-releasing peptide in the synovial tissue of the human knee joint--comparisons with substance P and the NK-1 receptor. Neuropeptides. 2008;42:133-45 pubmed publisher..Finally, nerves should not be considered as the source of BN/GRP in synovial tissue although this peptide is presumably intimately involved functionally in synovial tissue, a previously unrecognised fact. ..
- Torrance L, Lukhovitskaya N, Schepetilnikov M, Cowan G, Ziegler A, Savenkov E. Unusual long-distance movement strategies of Potato mop-top virus RNAs in Nicotiana benthamiana. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2009;22:381-90 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that PMTV RNA-CP can move long distance in two distinct forms: either as a viral ribonucleoprotein complex or as particles that are most likely associated with CP-RT and TGB1. ..
- Svensson E, McAdam A, Sinervo B. Intralocus sexual conflict over immune defense, gender load, and sex-specific signaling in a natural lizard population. Evolution. 2009;63:3124-35 pubmed publisher..These results have implications for signaling evolution, genetic integration between adaptive traits, sex allocation, and mutual mate choice for indirect fitness benefits. ..
- Lipcsey M, Olovsson M, Larsson E, Einarsson R, Qadhr G, Sjölin J, et al. The brain is a source of S100B increase during endotoxemia in the pig. Anesth Analg. 2010;110:174-80 pubmed publisher..0047). Our results support the hypothesis that the brain is an important source of S100B in endotoxemia even though there may be other sources. These findings make S100B a candidate as a marker of cerebral dysfunction in septic shock. ..
- Lundquist C, Clottens F, Holman G, Riehm J, Bonkale W, Nässel D. Locustatachykinin immunoreactivity in the blowfly central nervous system and intestine. J Comp Neurol. 1994;341:225-40 pubmed..Additionally a regulatory function in the intestine is indicated by the presence of immunoreactivity in endocrine cells of the midgut. ..
- Lillig C, Berndt C, Vergnolle O, Lönn M, Hudemann C, Bill E, et al. Characterization of human glutaredoxin 2 as iron-sulfur protein: a possible role as redox sensor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:8168-73 pubmed..We propose that the iron-sulfur cluster serves as a redox sensor for the activation of Grx2 during conditions of oxidative stress when free radicals are formed and the glutathione pool becomes oxidized. ..
- Pekkari K, Gurunath R, Arner E, Holmgren A. Truncated thioredoxin is a mitogenic cytokine for resting human peripheral blood mononuclear cells and is present in human plasma. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:37474-80 pubmed..In conclusion, the naturally occurring Trx80 is a novel mitogenic cytokine for normal resting human blood mononuclear cells. ..
- Wallenfeldt K, Hulthe J, Bokemark L, Wikstrand J, Fagerberg B. Carotid and femoral atherosclerosis, cardiovascular risk factors and C-reactive protein in relation to smokeless tobacco use or smoking in 58-year-old men. J Intern Med. 2001;250:492-501 pubmed..e. the metabolic syndrome. The inhaled smoke from the combustion of tobacco seems to be an important aetiological factor in the atherosclerotic process. ..
- Larsson A, Johansson S, Pinkner J, Hultgren S, Almqvist F, Kihlberg J, et al. Multivariate design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of peptide inhibitors of FimC/FimH protein-protein interactions in uropathogenic Escherichia coli. J Med Chem. 2005;48:935-45 pubmed..This information can be used in attempts to develop optimized peptides and peptidomimetics that inhibit pilus assembly in pathogenic bacteria. ..
- Edén A, Fuchs D, Hagberg L, Nilsson S, Spudich S, Svennerholm B, et al. HIV-1 viral escape in cerebrospinal fluid of subjects on suppressive antiretroviral treatment. J Infect Dis. 2010;202:1819-25 pubmed publisher..We investigated CSF viral escape in subjects treated with commonly used antiretroviral therapy regimens in relation to intrathecal immune activation and central nervous system penetration effectiveness (CPE) rank...
- Stegmayr B, Almroth G, Berlin G, Fehrman I, Kurkus J, Norda R, et al. Plasma exchange or immunoadsorption in patients with rapidly progressive crescentic glomerulonephritis. A Swedish multi-center study. Int J Artif Organs. 1999;22:81-7 pubmed
- Colque Navarro P, Palma M, Soderquist B, Flock J, Mollby R. Antibody responses in patients with staphylococcal septicemia against two Staphylococcus aureus fibrinogen binding proteins: clumping factor and an extracellular fibrinogen binding protein. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2000;7:14-20 pubmed..In conclusion, we have demonstrated in vivo production of S. aureus fibrinogen binding proteins during deep S. aureus infections and a possible diagnostic and prophylactic role of the corresponding serum antibodies in such infections. ..
- Rodriguez A, Troye Blomberg M, Lindroth K, Ivanyi J, Singh M, Fernandez C. B- and T-cell responses to the mycobacterium surface antigen PstS-1 in the respiratory tract and adjacent tissues. Role of adjuvants and routes of immunization. Vaccine. 2003;21:458-67 pubmed..Thus, i.n. route of immunization favors the induction of mucosal and systemic immune responses, while the Th cell development at mucosal inductive site is influenced by the adjuvant used for immunizations. ..
- Berg A, Westerlund L, Olsson P. Regulation of Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus) egg shell proteins and vitellogenin during reproduction and in response to 17beta-estradiol and cortisol. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2004;135:276-85 pubmed
- Persson U, Hertz J, Carlsson M, Hellmark T, Juncker I, Wieslander J, et al. Patients with Goodpasture's disease have two normal COL4A3 alleles encoding the NC1 domain of the type IV collagen alpha 3 chain. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2004;19:2030-5 pubmed
- Dizeyi N, Bjartell A, Hedlund P, Taskén K, Gadaleanu V, Abrahamsson P. Expression of serotonin receptors 2B and 4 in human prostate cancer tissue and effects of their antagonists on prostate cancer cell lines. Eur Urol. 2005;47:895-900 pubmed..The present result indicate that 5-HTRs are present at various tumour stages and that antagonists to these receptors can inhibit the proliferative activity of androgen-independent PC cell lines. ..
- Wondimu Z, Gorfu G, Kawataki T, Smirnov S, Yurchenco P, Tryggvason K, et al. Characterization of commercial laminin preparations from human placenta in comparison to recombinant laminins 2 (alpha2beta1gamma1), 8 (alpha4beta1gamma1), 10 (alpha5beta1gamma1). Matrix Biol. 2006;25:89-93 pubmed
- Lindqvist M, Persson J, Thörn K, Harandi A. The mucosal adjuvant effect of alpha-galactosylceramide for induction of protective immunity to sexually transmitted viral infection. J Immunol. 2009;182:6435-43 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the mucosal adjuvant effect of alpha-GalCer for induction of protective immunity against a sexually transmitted pathogen. ..
- Björkman L, Raynes J, Shah C, Karlsson A, Dahlgren C, Bylund J. The proinflammatory activity of recombinant serum amyloid A is not shared by the endogenous protein in the circulation. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:1660-5 pubmed publisher..The present findings show that rSAA is proinflammatory but that this activity is not shared by endogenous SAA, either when present in the circulation of RA patients or when purified from plasma during an acute-phase response. ..
- Wendel M, Sommarin Y, Bergman T, Heinegard D. Isolation, characterization, and primary structure of a calcium-binding 63-kDa bone protein. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:6125-33 pubmed..This extracellular protein corresponds to a mouse protein called nucleobindin. ..
- Locht H, Skogh T, Kihlstrom E. Anti-lactoferrin antibodies and other types of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) in reactive arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. Clin Exp Immunol. 1999;117:568-73 pubmed..The reaction to the 78-kD antigen could be completely inhibited when anti-Lf antibodies were absorbed on Lf coupled to cyanogen bromide-activated Sepharose, possibly indicating cross-reacting epitopes in Lf and enterobacterial antigen. ..
- Potamitou A, Neubauer P, Holmgren A, Vlamis Gardikas A. Expression of Escherichia coli glutaredoxin 2 is mainly regulated by ppGpp and sigmaS. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:17775-80 pubmed..Furthermore, Grx2 levels were elevated in an oxyR(-) strain. In accordance with the role of Grx2 as a stationary phase protein, null mutants for grxB were shown to lyse under starvation conditions and exhibited a distorted morphology. ..
- Liu Y, Kalén A, Risto O, Wahlstrom O. Time- and pH-dependent release of PDGF and TGF-beta from platelets in vitro. Platelets. 2003;14:233-7 pubmed..Although the used serum-free experimental situation is different from normal conditions for platelets in vivo, the findings of a late release of growth factors may, nevertheless, be relevant to wound healing. ..
- Zuber A, Brave A, Engstrom G, Zuber B, Ljungberg K, Fredriksson M, et al. Topical delivery of imiquimod to a mouse model as a novel adjuvant for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) DNA. Vaccine. 2004;22:1791-8 pubmed..The delivery of an adjuvant as a topical cream rather than through injections has a clear clinical benefit. We show for the first time that imiquimod can act as an adjuvant for DNA vaccination. ..
- Zoric M, Sjolund M, Persson M, Nilsson E, Lundeheim N, Wallgren P. Lameness in piglets. Abrasions in nursing piglets and transfer of protection towards infections with Streptococci from sow to offspring. J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health. 2004;51:278-84 pubmed..During the first 2 weeks of life somewhat lower median levels of serum antibodies were recorded among the piglets that were treated against arthritis (n = 8)...
- Hallander H, Gustafsson L, Ljungman M, Storsaeter J. Pertussis antitoxin decay after vaccination with DTPa. Response to a first booster dose 3 1/2-6 1/2 years after the third vaccine dose. Vaccine. 2005;23:5359-64 pubmed..The results indicate that a pre-school booster might be considered at 6 years of age or earlier. ..
- Gustafsson K, Wang X, Severa D, Eriksson M, Kimby E, Merup M, et al. Expression of cannabinoid receptors type 1 and type 2 in non-Hodgkin lymphoma: growth inhibition by receptor activation. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:1025-33 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that therapies using cannabinoid receptor ligands will have efficiency in reducing tumor burden in malignant lymphoma overexpressing CB1 and CB2. ..
- Tjernberg I, Sillanpää H, Seppälä I, Eliasson I, Forsberg P, Lahdenne P. Antibody responses to borrelia IR(6) peptide variants and the C6 peptide in Swedish patients with erythema migrans. Int J Med Microbiol. 2009;299:439-46 pubmed publisher..Further studies on combinations of variant IR(6) peptides and the C6 peptide in other manifestations of LB are needed to address this issue...
- Degerman Gunnarsson M, Lindau M, Wall A, Blennow K, Darreh Shori T, Basu S, et al. Pittsburgh compound-B and Alzheimer's disease biomarkers in CSF, plasma and urine: An exploratory study. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2010;29:204-12 pubmed publisher..There was a relation between mean PIB retention and CSF ApoE protein (r = -0.59, p = 0.07), and plasma cystatin C (r = -0.56, p = 0.09). PIB retention is strongly related to CSF Abeta1-42, and to the numbers of the APOE epsilon4 allele. ..
- Marklund S. Expression of extracellular superoxide dismutase by human cell lines. Biochem J. 1990;266:213-9 pubmed
- Nässel D, Shiga S, Mohrherr C, Rao K. Pigment-dispersing hormone-like peptide in the nervous system of the flies Phormia and Drosophila: immunocytochemistry and partial characterization. J Comp Neurol. 1993;331:183-98 pubmed
- Elgh F, Lundkvist A, Alexeyev O, Wadell G, Juto P. A major antigenic domain for the human humoral response to Puumala virus nucleocapsid protein is located at the amino-terminus. J Virol Methods. 1996;59:161-72 pubmed..Furthermore, this protein is easier to handle than full length PUU rN due to its higher solubility in aqueous solutions. ..
- Melhus A, Hermansson A, Forsgren A, Prellner K. Intra- and interstrain differences of virulence among nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae strains. APMIS. 1998;106:858-68 pubmed..As all three strains lacked genes necessary for encapsulation, in no case could any part of the increased virulence be attributed to the expression of small amounts of capsule. ..
- Shahrara S, Tidholm A, Drvota V, Häggstöm J, Sylven C. Upregulation of thyroid hormone receptor beta 1 and beta 2 messenger RNA in the myocardium of dogs with dilated cardiomyopathy or chronic valvular disease. Am J Vet Res. 1999;60:848-52 pubmed..Treatment of dogs with heart failure with thyroid hormone or thyroid hormone analogues may improve cardiac performance. ..
- Amin K, Hurst D, Roomans G, Venge P, Seveus L. Eosinophils and neutrophils in biopsies from the middle ear of atopic children with otitis media with effusion. Inflamm Res. 1999;48:626-31 pubmed..The initial data suggest that atopic children with OME have higher numbers of such cells as compared to non-OME controls. ..
- Soderberg A, Sahaf B, Rosen A. Thioredoxin reductase, a redox-active selenoprotein, is secreted by normal and neoplastic cells: presence in human plasma. Cancer Res. 2000;60:2281-9 pubmed..Regeneration of oxidized Trx requires available TrxR outside the cell, the presence and induction of which is described in this paper for normal and transformed cells. ..
- Behndig A, Karlsson K, Johansson B, Brannstrom T, Marklund S. Superoxide dismutase isoenzymes in the normal and diseased human cornea. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2001;42:2293-6 pubmed..The finding of a similar reduction at retransplantation in keratoconus suggests reduced corneal extracellular SOD synthesis in cells of the host as a cause of the low enzyme levels. ..
- Stahl K, Rivera H, Vågsholm I, Moreno Lopez J. Bulk milk testing for antibody seroprevalences to BVDV and BHV-1 in a rural region of Peru. Prev Vet Med. 2002;56:193-202 pubmed..For BHV-1, this pattern was not found; a relatively high proportion of the herds was free from BHV-1 infection in each size category. This could indicate a low rate of reactivation of latent BHV-1 infection...
- Ullenhag G, Frödin J, Mosolits S, Kiaii S, Hassan M, Bonnet M, et al. Immunization of colorectal carcinoma patients with a recombinant canarypox virus expressing the tumor antigen Ep-CAM/KSA (ALVAC-KSA) and granulocyte macrophage colony- stimulating factor induced a tumor-specific cellular immune response. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:2447-56 pubmed..Expression of the tumor antigen in a viral vector may facilitate appropriate antigen presentation. The feasibility of an Ep-CAM/KSA-specific therapeutic vaccination was investigated in cancer patients...
- Wassélius J, Hakansson K, Abrahamson M, Ehinger B. Cystatin C in the anterior segment of rat and mouse eyes. Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 2004;82:68-75 pubmed..The inhibitor is likely to be an important regulator of cysteine proteases in the retinal pigment epithelium, ciliary epithelium, aqueous humour, lens epithelium and in the corneal endothelium and epithelium. ..
- Nayeri F, Olsson H, Peterson C, Sundqvist T. Hepatocyte growth factor; expression, concentration and biological activity in chronic leg ulcers. J Dermatol Sci. 2005;37:75-85 pubmed..Administration of exogenous active HGF might contribute to accelerated healing in these patients. ..
- Pinitkiatisakul S, Mattsson J, Wikman M, Friedman M, Bengtsson K, Ståhl S, et al. Immunisation of mice against neosporosis with recombinant NcSRS2 iscoms. Vet Parasitol. 2005;129:25-34 pubmed..In conclusion, it was found that the recombinant NcSRS2 iscoms induced specific antibodies to native NcSRS2 and immunity sufficient to reduce the proliferation of N. caninum in the brains of immunised mice. ..
- Vene S, Haglund M, Lundkvist A, Lindquist L, Forsgren M. Study of the serological response after vaccination against tick-borne encephalitis in Sweden. Vaccine. 2007;25:366-72 pubmed..The persistence of neutralizing antibodies justifies further studies of the antibody responses after the fourth dose for periods beyond the recommended 3-year booster intervals. ..
- Jarefors S, Janefjord C, Forsberg P, Jenmalm M, Ekerfelt C. Decreased up-regulation of the interleukin-12Rbeta2-chain and interferon-gamma secretion and increased number of forkhead box P3-expressing cells in patients with a history of chronic Lyme borreliosis compared with asymptomatic Borrelia-exposed indiv. Clin Exp Immunol. 2007;147:18-27 pubmed..In addition, regulatory T cells might also play a role, by immunosuppression, in the development of chronic LB...
- Isakson P, Hammarstedt A, Gustafson B, Smith U. Impaired preadipocyte differentiation in human abdominal obesity: role of Wnt, tumor necrosis factor-alpha, and inflammation. Diabetes. 2009;58:1550-7 pubmed publisher..These results document the plasticity of human preadipocytes and the inverse relationship between lipid storage and proinflammatory capacity. ..
- Lundin M, Sandberg T, Caldwell K, Blomberg E. Comparison of the adsorption kinetics and surface arrangement of "as received" and purified bovine submaxillary gland mucin (BSM) on hydrophilic surfaces. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2009;336:30-9 pubmed publisher..Clearly, this study shows the importance of characterizing the mucin used since differences in purity give rise to different adsorption behaviours in terms of both adsorbed amount and layer structure. ..
- Gustafsson A, Martuszewska D, Johansson M, Ekman C, Hafizi S, Ljungberg B, et al. Differential expression of Axl and Gas6 in renal cell carcinoma reflecting tumor advancement and survival. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:4742-9 pubmed publisher..Axl and Gas6 expression in RCC are associated with tumor advancement and patient survival. In particular, low tumor Axl mRNA levels independently correlated with improved survival. ..
- Wang H, Mobini R, Fang Y, Barrenas F, Zhang H, Xiang Z, et al. Allergen challenge of peripheral blood mononuclear cells from patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis increases IL-17RB, which regulates basophil apoptosis and degranulation. Clin Exp Allergy. 2010;40:1194-202 pubmed publisher..Moreover, IgE-mediated degranulation was enhanced by IL-25. Increased expression of IL-17RB on allergen-challenged basophil is regulated by IL-3, inhibits apoptosis and promotes IgE-mediated degranulation of basophils. ..
- Vikerfors T, Lindegren G, Grandien M, van der Logt J. Diagnosis of influenza A virus infections by detection of specific immunoglobulins M, A, and G in serum. J Clin Microbiol. 1989;27:453-8 pubmed..IgM detection by the hemadsorption immunosorbent technique was found to be a valuable supplement for the diagnosis of influenza A in an early phase of the disease. ..
- Rosengren L, Karlsson J, Karlsson J, Persson L, Wikkelsø C. Patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and other neurodegenerative diseases have increased levels of neurofilament protein in CSF. J Neurochem. 1996;67:2013-8 pubmed..0001). NFL is a main structural protein of axons, and we suggest that CSF NFL can be used to monitor neurodegeneration in general, but particularly in ALS with involvement of the pyramidal tract. ..
- Visse E, Siesjo P, Widegren B, Sjogren H. Regression of intracerebral rat glioma isografts by therapeutic subcutaneous immunization with interferon-gamma, interleukin-7, or B7-1-transfected tumor cells. Cancer Gene Ther. 1999;6:37-44 pubmed..The present results demonstrate complete regressions when immunizations are initiated shortly after intracranial isografting, when the intracerebral tumor is small. ..
- Svenungsson E, Andersson M, Brundin L, van Vollenhoven R, Khademi M, Tarkowski A, et al. Increased levels of proinflammatory cytokines and nitric oxide metabolites in neuropsychiatric lupus erythematosus. Ann Rheum Dis. 2001;60:372-9 pubmed..To investigate systemic and intrathecal production of proinflammatory cytokines in relation to cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) nitric oxide (NO) release in patients with neuropsychiatric lupus erythematosus (NPLE)...
- Erlandsson L, Akerblad P, Vingsbo Lundberg C, Kallberg E, Lycke N, Leanderson T. Joining chain-expressing and -nonexpressing B cell populations in the mouse. J Exp Med. 2001;194:557-70 pubmed..Finally, limiting dilution analysis of peripheral B cells showed that J chain expression was a clonal property already established in naive, peripheral B lymphocytes. ..
- Jansson E, Hongslo T, Johannisson A, Pilström L, Timmusk S, Norrgren L. Bacterial kidney disease as a model for studies of cell mediated immunity in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2003;14:347-62 pubmed..An anamnestic response was demonstrated in challenged fish, as intraperitoneal injection of heat-treated Rs bacteria into Rs challenged fish elicited a stronger humoral antibody response compared with injection into non-challenged fish...
- Cicortas Gunnarsson L, Nordberg Karlsson E, Albrekt A, Andersson M, Holst O, Ohlin M. A carbohydrate binding module as a diversity-carrying scaffold. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2004;17:213-21 pubmed..7 +/- 5.3 degrees C). All our results demonstrate that the CBM4-2 molecule is a suitable scaffold for creating variants useful in different biotechnological applications...
- Kask L, Trouw L, Dahlback B, Blom A. The C4b-binding protein-protein S complex inhibits the phagocytosis of apoptotic cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:23869-73 pubmed..Although the presence of the C4BP-PS complex on apoptotic cells may lead to decreased phagocytosis, it may still be beneficial to the host, since it could prevent secondary necrosis because it inhibits further complement attack. ..
- Li J, Ny A, Leonardsson G, Nandakumar K, Holmdahl R, Ny T. The plasminogen activator/plasmin system is essential for development of the joint inflammatory phase of collagen type II-induced arthritis. Am J Pathol. 2005;166:783-92 pubmed..Active plasmin is therefore essential for the induction of pathological inflammatory joint destruction in CIA. ..
- Fernandes A, Fladvad M, Berndt C, Andrésen C, Lillig C, Neubauer P, et al. A novel monothiol glutaredoxin (Grx4) from Escherichia coli can serve as a substrate for thioredoxin reductase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24544-52 pubmed..Grx4 was highly elevated upon iron depletion, suggesting an iron-related function for the protein. ..
- Sjöberg A, Onnerfjord P, Morgelin M, Heinegard D, Blom A. The extracellular matrix and inflammation: fibromodulin activates the classical pathway of complement by directly binding C1q. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32301-8 pubmed..Taken together our observations indicate fibromodulin as one factor involved in the sustained inflammation of the joint. ..