Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on enzyme induction in Finland
Topic: enzyme induction
- Huang D, Jokela M, Tuusa J, Skog S, Poikonen K, Syvaoja J. E2F mediates induction of the Sp1-controlled promoter of the human DNA polymerase epsilon B-subunit gene POLE2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:2810-21 pubmed..Mitogenic activation of the POLE2 promoter by an E2F-mediated mechanism resembles that of POLA2, but the regulation of basal promoter activity is different between these two genes. ..
- Salonpää P, Iscan M, Pasanen M, Arvela P, Pelkonen O, Raunio H. Cerium-induced strain-dependent increase in Cyp2a-4/5 (cytochrome P4502a-4/5) expression in the liver and kidneys of inbred mice. Biochem Pharmacol. 1992;44:1269-74 pubmed..These data indicate that the Cyp2a-4/5 complex is regulated in a different way in DBA/2 and C57BL/6 mice and that some association exists between the development of liver damage and COH induction. ..
- Kaliste Korhonen E, Tuovinen K, Hanninen O. Effect of phenobarbital and beta-naphthoflavone on activities of different rat esterases after paraoxon exposure. Gen Pharmacol. 1998;31:307-12 pubmed..7. The results indicated the great importance of peripheral cholinesterases and carboxylesterases as a detoxifying mechanism of paraoxon. The role of serum paraoxonase was not critical. ..
- Reponen P, Leivo I, Sahlberg C, Apte S, Olsen B, Thesleff I, et al. 92-kDa type IV collagenase and TIMP-3, but not 72-kDa type IV collagenase or TIMP-1 or TIMP-2, are highly expressed during mouse embryo implantation. Dev Dyn. 1995;202:388-96 pubmed..The results suggest a central role for 92 kDa type IV collagenase and TIMP-3 in the extracellular proteolysis associated with implantation of the early embryo. ..
- Lang M, Juvonen R, Jarvinen P, Honkakoski P, Raunio H. Mouse liver P450Coh: genetic regulation of the pyrazole-inducible enzyme and comparison with other P450 isoenzymes. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1989;271:139-48 pubmed..This may suggest that P450Coh has a closer association to the steroid 15 alpha-hydroxylase gene family than to the P450IIB subfamily of phenobarbital-inducible isoenzymes. ..
- Honkakoski P, Lang M. Mouse liver phenobarbital-inducible P450 system: purification, characterization, and differential inducibility of four cytochrome P450 isozymes from D2 mouse. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1989;273:42-57 pubmed..This mouse PB-inducible P450 model may be valuable in further studies on the induction mechanisms of PB and TCPOBOP. ..
- Hahnemann B, Salonpää P, Pasanen M, Maenpaa J, Honkakoski P, Juvonen R, et al. Effect of pyrazole, cobalt and phenobarbital on mouse liver cytochrome P-450 2a-4/5 (Cyp2a-4/5) expression. Biochem J. 1992;286 ( Pt 1):289-94 pubmed
- Honkakoski P, Kojo A, Lang M. Regulation of the mouse liver cytochrome P450 2B subfamily by sex hormones and phenobarbital. Biochem J. 1992;285 ( Pt 3):979-83 pubmed..The fact that P4502b-9 does not respond to phenobarbital, while P4502b-10 is regulated by both phenobarbital and sex hormones, demonstrates the complexity of P450 expression even within one subfamily. ..
- Salonpää P, Krause K, Pelkonen O, Raunio H. Up-regulation of CYP2A5 expression by porphyrinogenic agents in mouse liver. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 1995;351:446-52 pubmed..These results show that porphyrinogenic agents act as efficient inducers of CYP2A5, and suggest that regulation of the transcription of the Cyp2a-5 gene could in some instances involve heme-sensitive factors. ..