Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on enzyme activation in Italy
Topic: enzyme activation
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- Russo I, Del Mese P, Doronzo G, De Salve A, Secchi M, Trovati M, et al. Platelet resistance to the antiaggregatory cyclic nucleotides in central obesity involves reduced phosphorylation of vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein. Clin Chem. 2007;53:1053-60 pubmed..Because cyclic nucleotides help regulate platelet antiaggregation, alteration of this ability is consistent with platelet hyperactivity in obesity. ..
- Giussani P, Brioschi L, Bassi R, Riboni L, Viani P. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT pathway regulates the endoplasmic reticulum to golgi traffic of ceramide in glioma cells: a link between lipid signaling pathways involved in the control of cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:5088-96 pubmed publisher
- Perino A, Ghigo A, Ferrero E, Morello F, Santulli G, Baillie G, et al. Integrating cardiac PIP3 and cAMP signaling through a PKA anchoring function of p110Î³. Mol Cell. 2011;42:84-95 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological inhibition of p110Î³ normalizes Î²-adrenergic receptor density and improves contractility in failing hearts. ..
- Ferro M, Savino M, Ortensi B, Finetti F, Genovese L, Masi G, et al. The Shc family protein adaptor, Rai, negatively regulates T cell antigen receptor signaling by inhibiting ZAP-70 recruitment and activation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29899 pubmed publisher..g. by promoting the recruitment of effectors responsible for signal extinction) prevent full triggering of the TCR signaling cascade. ..
- Sibilio A, Ambrosio R, Bonelli C, De Stefano M, Torre V, Dentice M, et al. Deiodination in cancer growth: the role of type III deiodinase. Minerva Endocrinol. 2012;37:315-27 pubmed..It is conceivable that the local modulation of TH action via deiodinases is a powerful molecular tool to manipulate the intracellular TH status, thus influencing the growth and maintenance of selected hormone-dependent cancers. ..
- Ferrari E, Bruhn C, Peretti M, Cassani C, Carotenuto W, Elgendy M, et al. PP2A Controls Genome Integrity by Integrating Nutrient-Sensing and Metabolic Pathways with the DNA Damage Response. Mol Cell. 2017;67:266-281.e4 pubmed publisher..Our observations imply that metabolic changes affect genome integrity and may help with exploiting therapeutic options and repositioning known drugs. ..
- Lotti L, Lanfrancone L, Migliaccio E, Zompetta C, Pelicci G, Salcini A, et al. Sch proteins are localized on endoplasmic reticulum membranes and are redistributed after tyrosine kinase receptor activation. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:1946-54 pubmed
- Soldi R, Primo L, Brizzi M, Sanavio F, Aglietta M, Polentarutti N, et al. Activation of JAK2 in human vascular endothelial cells by granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor. Blood. 1997;89:863-72 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that biologic activities of GM-CSF in vascular endothelium may, in part, be elicited by GM-CSFR-mediated JAK2 activation. ..
- Carloni V, Mazzocca A, Pantaleo P, Cordella C, Laffi G, Gentilini P. The integrin, alpha6beta1, is necessary for the matrix-dependent activation of FAK and MAP kinase and the migration of human hepatocarcinoma cells. Hepatology. 2001;34:42-9 pubmed..Moreover, the expression of alpha6beta1 in HCC cells is necessary for FAK/MAP kinase-dependent migration. ..
- Pelicci G, Troglio F, Bodini A, Melillo R, Pettirossi V, Coda L, et al. The neuron-specific Rai (ShcC) adaptor protein inhibits apoptosis by coupling Ret to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7351-63 pubmed..Phosphorylated Rai, however, was not found in complexes with Grb2. We propose that Rai potentiates the MAPK and PI3K signaling pathways and regulates Ret-dependent and -independent survival signals. ..
- Avogaro A, Pagnin E, Calo L. Monocyte NADPH oxidase subunit p22(phox) and inducible hemeoxygenase-1 gene expressions are increased in type II diabetic patients: relationship with oxidative stress. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:1753-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that these cells, which play a crucial role in the earliest events of atherosclerotic lesion, are subjected to an increased oxidative stress. ..
- Carbone M, Tatone C, Delle Monache S, Marci R, Caserta D, Colonna R, et al. Antioxidant enzymatic defences in human follicular fluid: characterization and age-dependent changes. Mol Hum Reprod. 2003;9:639-43 pubmed..Taken together, these findings indicate that reproductive ageing is accompanied by a change in the antioxidant enzymatic pattern that could impair ROS scavenging efficiency in the follicular environment. ..
- Gambarotta G, Garzotto D, Destro E, Mautino B, Giampietro C, Cutrupi S, et al. ErbB4 expression in neural progenitor cells (ST14A) is necessary to mediate neuregulin-1beta1-induced migration. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48808-16 pubmed..Our data show that ErbB4 signaling via PI3K activation plays a fundamental role in controlling NRG1beta1-induced migration. ..
- Priore Oliva C, Pisciotta L, Li Volti G, Sambataro M, Cantafora A, Bellocchio A, et al. Inherited apolipoprotein A-V deficiency in severe hypertriglyceridemia. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005;25:411-7 pubmed..We detected a nonsense mutation in APOA5 gene (Q145X) in a boy with hyperchylomicronemia syndrome. This is the first observation of a complete apoA-V deficiency in humans. ..
- Svegliati Baroni G, Ridolfi F, Hannivoort R, Saccomanno S, Homan M, De Minicis S, et al. Bile acids induce hepatic stellate cell proliferation via activation of the epidermal growth factor receptor. Gastroenterology. 2005;128:1042-55 pubmed..Bile acids induce HSC proliferation via the activation of the epidermal growth factor receptor, whereas HSCs are protected against bile acid-induced apoptosis by excluding bile acids. ..
- Leonarduzzi G, Gamba P, Sottero B, Kadl A, Robbesyn F, Calogero R, et al. Oxysterol-induced up-regulation of MCP-1 expression and synthesis in macrophage cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005;39:1152-61 pubmed..The results indicate that cholesterol may contribute to the progression of atherosclerotic lesions by strongly up-regulating crucial proinflammatory factors like MCP-1, but only after having been oxidized to oxysterols. ..
- Caccamo D, Campisi A, Currò M, Aguennouz M, Li Volti G, Avola R, et al. Nuclear factor-kappab activation is associated with glutamate-evoked tissue transglutaminase up-regulation in primary astrocyte cultures. J Neurosci Res. 2005;82:858-65 pubmed
- De Martino L, Martinot J, Franceschelli S, Leone A, Pizza C, De Feo V. Proapoptotic effect of Uncaria tomentosa extracts. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006;107:91-4 pubmed..The present study investigates the possible proapoptotic mechanism via the activation of caspase3, in cytostatic effects of root bark extracts of Uncaria tomentosa on three different tumoral cell lines...
- Arena S, Pattarozzi A, Massa A, Esteve J, Iuliano R, Fusco A, et al. An intracellular multi-effector complex mediates somatostatin receptor 1 activation of phospho-tyrosine phosphatase eta. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:229-46 pubmed..In particular the sequential activation of JAK2, SHP-2, and Src conveys the molecular signaling from SSTR1 to the activation of this phosphatase that is responsible for the final biological effects of SST. ..
- Papparella I, Ceolotto G, Berto L, Cavalli M, Bova S, Cargnelli G, et al. Vitamin C prevents zidovudine-induced NAD(P)H oxidase activation and hypertension in the rat. Cardiovasc Res. 2007;73:432-8 pubmed..Vitamin C antagonizes these adverse effects of AZT in the cardiovascular system. ..
- Amantini C, Mosca M, Nabissi M, Lucciarini R, Caprodossi S, Arcella A, et al. Capsaicin-induced apoptosis of glioma cells is mediated by TRPV1 vanilloid receptor and requires p38 MAPK activation. J Neurochem. 2007;102:977-90 pubmed..Finally, p38 but not extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase activation was required for TRPV1-mediated CPS-induced apoptosis of glioma cells. ..
- Elli L, Bergamini C, Bardella M, Schuppan D. Transglutaminases in inflammation and fibrosis of the gastrointestinal tract and the liver. Dig Liver Dis. 2009;41:541-50 pubmed publisher..This review highlights our present understanding of transglutaminase function in gastrointestinal and liver diseases and therapeutic strategies that target transglutaminase activities. ..
- Radogna F, Sestili P, Martinelli C, Paolillo M, Paternoster L, Albertini M, et al. Lipoxygenase-mediated pro-radical effect of melatonin via stimulation of arachidonic acid metabolism. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2009;238:170-7 pubmed publisher..These results delineate a novel molecular pathway through which melatonin may participate to the inflammatory response. ..
- Gonelli A, Milani D, Rimondi E, Voltan R, Grill V, Celeghini C. Activation of PKC-epsilon counteracts maturation and apoptosis of HL-60 myeloid leukemic cells in response to TNF family members. Eur J Histochem. 2009;53:177-82 pubmed..Taken together, the anti-maturative and anti-apoptotic activities of PKC-epsilon envision a potentially important proleukemic role of this PKC family member. ..
- Mascaro A, Micheletti P, D Antona G. Acute exposure to essential amino acids (EAA) activates MTOR/p70 signaling in soleus muscle of chronically EAA-treated aged rats. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2013;26:673-80 pubmed..In particular, although with a different timing, acute exposure to EAAem activated mTOR signaling even following prolonged supplementation. ..
- Acquaviva R, Campisi A, Murabito P, Raciti G, Avola R, Mangiameli S, et al. Propofol attenuates peroxynitrite-mediated DNA damage and apoptosis in cultured astrocytes: an alternative protective mechanism. Anesthesiology. 2004;101:1363-71 pubmed
- Palmieri D, Valli M, Viglio S, Ferrari N, Ledda B, Volta C, et al. Osteoblasts extracellular matrix induces vessel like structures through glycosylated collagen I. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:789-99 pubmed publisher..These data support that post-translational glycosylation has a role in the induction in endothelial cells in vitro of molecules conductive to self-organization in vessels-like structures. ..
- Longati P, Bardelli A, Ponzetto C, Naldini L, Comoglio P. Tyrosines1234-1235 are critical for activation of the tyrosine kinase encoded by the MET proto-oncogene (HGF receptor). Oncogene. 1994;9:49-57 pubmed..These data show that Tyr1234 and Tyr1235 are critical for the activation of the HGF/SF receptor kinase both in vitro and in response to the ligand in intact cells. ..
- Dusi S, Donini M, Rossi F. Mechanisms of NADPH oxidase activation: translocation of p40phox, Rac1 and Rac2 from the cytosol to the membranes in human neutrophils lacking p47phox or p67phox. Biochem J. 1996;314 ( Pt 2):409-12 pubmed..These findings indicate that, on neutrophil stimulation, p67phox mediates the translocation of p40phox and Rac1 from the cytosol to cell membranes and that Rac2 associates with the membranes independently of p47phox and p67phox. ..
- Coccetti P, Tisi R, Martegani E, Souza Teixeira L, Lopes Brandão R, de Miranda Castro I, et al. The PLC1 encoded phospholipase C in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae is essential for glucose-induced phosphatidylinositol turnover and activation of plasma membrane H+-ATPase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1405:147-54 pubmed..Our data suggest that in yeast cells, glucose triggers through activation of the PLC1 gene product a signaling pathway initiated by phosphatidylinositol turnover and involved in activation of the plasma membrane H+-ATPase. ..
- De Paolis P, Porcellini A, Savoia C, Lombardi A, Gigante B, Frati G, et al. Functional cross-talk between angiotensin II and epidermal growth factor receptors in NIH3T3 fibroblasts. J Hypertens. 2002;20:693-9 pubmed..These data indicate the existence of an opposite cross-talk of AT1R and AT2R with EGF receptors, and suggest a complex functional interaction between these pathways in the regulation of cellular growth processes. ..
- Caldini R, Barletta E, Del Rosso M, Giovannelli L, Chevanne M. FGF2-mediated upregulation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator expression requires a MAP-kinase dependent activation of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase. J Cell Physiol. 2005;202:125-34 pubmed..Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase involved in this mechanism is mainly the 60 kDa molecular mass isoform, that presents an increase in serine phosphorylation in the presence of FGF2. ..
- Accornero P, Miretti S, Bersani F, Quaglino E, Martignani E, Baratta M. Met receptor acts uniquely for survival and morphogenesis of EGFR-dependent normal mammary epithelial and cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44982 pubmed publisher..These results describe a unique role for EGFR and Met in mammary epithelial cells by showing that similar pathways can be used by tumorigenic cells to sustain growth and resist to EGFR-directed anti-tumorigenic drugs. ..
- Amaroli A, Chessa M. Detection and characterisation of NAD(P)H-diaphorase activity in Dictyostelium discoideum cells (Protozoa). Eur J Histochem. 2012;56:e47 pubmed publisher..discoideum and we characterise it by specific inhibitors and physical-chemical conditions that allegedly distinguish between NOS-related and -unrelated NADPH-d activity...
- Graziani A, Galimi F, Medico E, Cottone E, Gramaglia D, Boccaccio C, et al. The HIV-1 nef protein interferes with phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activation 1. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:6590-3 pubmed..These data show that Nef affects selectively the PI 3-kinase signaling pathway and suggest that this interference results in some of the HIV adverse effects on host cell functions. ..
- Papa S, Scacco S, Sardanelli A, Vergari R, Papa F, Budde S, et al. Mutation in the NDUFS4 gene of complex I abolishes cAMP-dependent activation of the complex in a child with fatal neurological syndrome. FEBS Lett. 2001;489:259-62 pubmed..These findings show for the first time that human complex I is regulated via phosphorylation of the subunit encoded by the NDUFS4 gene. ..
- Andreozzi F, Laratta E, Procopio C, Hribal M, Sciacqua A, Perticone M, et al. Interleukin-6 impairs the insulin signaling pathway, promoting production of nitric oxide in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2372-83 pubmed..Our data suggest that IL-6 impairs the vasodilator effects of insulin that are mediated by the IRS-1/PI3-kinase/Akt/eNOS pathway through activation of JNK and ERK1/2. ..
- Bulbarelli A, Lonati E, Cazzaniga E, Re F, Sesana S, Barisani D, et al. TrkA pathway activation induced by amyloid-beta (Abeta). Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:365-73 pubmed publisher..These results have been confirmed by using pathophysiological Abeta (1-42) oligomers. Our data provide the evidence that Abeta induces the TrkA pathway activation directly by itself and indirectly promoting NGF secretion. ..
- Chandramouli B, Silvestri V, Scarnò M, Ottini L, Chillemi G. Smyd3 open & closed lock mechanism for substrate recruitment: The hinge motion of C-terminal domain inferred from ?-second molecular dynamics simulations. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1860:1466-74 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights the importance of the CTD elasticity in shaping the substrate binding site for recognition and supports the previously proposed role of the CTD in stabilizing the active site for methylation activity. ..
- Zanassi P, Paolillo M, Schinelli S. Coexpression of phospholipase A2 isoforms in rat striatal astrocytes. Neurosci Lett. 1998;247:83-6 pubmed..These data suggest that the two PLA2 isoforms expressed in striatal astrocytes might play different roles in cellular processes mediated by astrocytes. ..
- Ballestrero A, Nencioni A, Boy D, Rocco I, Garuti A, Mela G, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand cooperates with anticancer drugs to overcome chemoresistance in antiapoptotic Bcl-2 family members expressing jurkat cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:1463-70 pubmed
- Ceriani M, Amigoni L, Scandiuzzi C, Berruti G, Martegani E. The PH-PxxP domain of RalGPS2 promotes PC12 cells differentiation acting as a dominant negative for RalA GTPase activation. Neurosci Res. 2010;66:290-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore it has been also demonstrated that the PH-PxxP domain of RalGPS2 induces microspikes formation a typical feature of cells in which the Cdc42 GTPase is constitutively activated. ..
- Di Stefano A, La Gaetana R, Bovalini L, Lusini P, Martelli P. Pertussis toxin reverses the inhibition of the adenylyl cyclase system by khellin in HeLa cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1314:105-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrate, for the first time, that khellin is able to elicit an intracellular response by Gi alpha protein. ..
- Mori G, Brunetti G, Colucci S, Oranger A, Ciccolella F, Sardone F, et al. Osteoblast apoptosis in periodontal disease: role of TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2009;22:95-103 pubmed..The down-regulation of DcR2 possibly leads to an imbalanced ratio between death and decoy receptors. Our findings highlight a role of TRAIL in the pathogenesis of Pd. ..
- Innocenti A, Hall R, Scozzafava A, Muhlschlegel F, Supuran C. Carbonic anhydrase activators: activation of the beta-carbonic anhydrases from the pathogenic fungi Candida albicans and Cryptococcus neoformans with amines and amino acids. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:1034-7 pubmed publisher..2 microM. The best Can2 activator was L-Trp. This study may help to better understand the catalytic/activation mechanisms of the beta-CAs and eventually to design CA activity modulators of such widespread enzymes in pathogenic fungi. ..
- Mastropaolo M, Zizzo M, Auteri M, Mulè F, Serio R. Arginine vasopressin, via activation of post-junctional V1 receptors, induces contractile effects in mouse distal colon. Regul Pept. 2013;187:29-34 pubmed publisher..No modulation has been observed on the contractility of the circular muscle. ..
- Minuz P, Gaino S, Zuliani V, Tommasoli R, Benati D, Ortolani R, et al. Functional role of p38 mitogen activated protein kinase in platelet activation induced by a thromboxane A2 analogue and by 8-iso-prostaglandin F2alpha. Thromb Haemost. 2002;87:888-98 pubmed..These findings suggest that the signaling pathway triggered by both 8-iso-PGFalpha and low concentrations of U46619 to induce platelet adhesion and shape change implicates Syk, the p38 MAP kinase, and actin polymerization. ..
- Tempera I, Cipriani R, Campagna G, Mancini P, Gatti A, Guidobaldi L, et al. Poly(ADP-ribose)polymerase activity is reduced in circulating mononuclear cells from type 2 diabetic patients. J Cell Physiol. 2005;205:387-92 pubmed..0001). The different PARP-1 behavior in MNCs from patients with type 2 diabetes could therefore be responsible for the abnormal inflammation and infection responses in diabetes. ..
- Lampugnani M, Orsenigo F, Gagliani M, Tacchetti C, Dejana E. Vascular endothelial cadherin controls VEGFR-2 internalization and signaling from intracellular compartments. J Cell Biol. 2006;174:593-604 pubmed..Thus, VEC limits cell proliferation by retaining VEGFR-2 at the membrane and preventing its internalization into signaling compartments. ..
- Selvatici R, Falzarano S, Franceschetti L, Mollica A, Guerrini R, Siniscalchi A, et al. Study of synthetic peptides derived from the PKI55 protein, a protein kinase C modulator, in human neutrophils stimulated by the methyl ester derivative of the hydrophobic N-formyl tripeptide for-Met-Leu-Phe-OH. FEBS J. 2008;275:449-57 pubmed publisher..Western blotting experiments also demonstrated a selective reduction in the levels of the protein kinase C beta(1) isoform, which was previously demonstrated to be associated with the polymorphonuclear leukocyte chemotactic response. ..
- Scotto D Abusco A, Ammendola S, Scandurra R, Politi L. Molecular and biochemical characterization of the recombinant amidase from hyperthermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus. Extremophiles. 2001;5:183-92 pubmed
- Dugo L, Serraino I, Fulia F, De Sarro A, Caputi A, Cuzzocrea S. Effect of melatonin on cellular energy depletion mediated by peroxynitrite and poly (ADP-ribose) synthetase activation in an acute model of inflammation. J Pineal Res. 2001;31:76-84 pubmed..In conclusion, melatonin may be a novel pharmacological approach to prevent cell injury in acute inflammation. ..
- Albanesi C, Fairchild H, Madonna S, Scarponi C, De Pita O, Leung D, et al. IL-4 and IL-13 negatively regulate TNF-alpha- and IFN-gamma-induced beta-defensin expression through STAT-6, suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS)-1, and SOCS-3. J Immunol. 2007;179:984-92 pubmed
- Ropolo M, Daga A, Griffero F, Foresta M, Casartelli G, Zunino A, et al. Comparative analysis of DNA repair in stem and nonstem glioma cell cultures. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:383-92 pubmed publisher..We conclude that glioma stem cells display elongated cell cycle and enhanced basal activation of checkpoint proteins that might contribute to their radioresistance, whereas enhanced DNA repair is not a common feature of these cells. ..
- Bruno V, Battaglia G, Copani A, Cespédes V, Galindo M, Cena V, et al. An activity-dependent switch from facilitation to inhibition in the control of excitotoxicity by group I metabotropic glutamate receptors. Eur J Neurosci. 2001;13:1469-78 pubmed
- Roccato E, Miranda C, Raho G, Pagliardini S, Pierotti M, Greco A. Analysis of SHP-1-mediated down-regulation of the TRK-T3 oncoprotein identifies Trk-fused gene (TFG) as a novel SHP-1-interacting protein. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3382-9 pubmed..Our data contribute to the definition of cellular mechanisms involved in thyroid tumorigenesis. Moreover, it reveals TFG as a novel protein able to modulate SHP-1 activity. ..
- Leoncini G, Bruzzese D, Signorello M, Armani U, Piana A, Ghiglione D, et al. Platelet activation by collagen is increased in retinal vein occlusion. Thromb Haemost. 2007;97:218-27 pubmed..Altogether these results suggest that the platelet hyperaggregability described in patients might be an important factor in the development of RVO contributing to the thrombogenic effects. ..
- Donati C, Cencetti F, Nincheri P, Bernacchioni C, Brunelli S, Clementi E, et al. Sphingosine 1-phosphate mediates proliferation and survival of mesoangioblasts. Stem Cells. 2007;25:1713-9 pubmed..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Napoli C, de Nigris F, Cicala C, Wallace J, Caliendo G, Condorelli M, et al. Protease-activated receptor-2 activation improves efficiency of experimental ischemic preconditioning. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2002;282:H2004-10 pubmed..These data support the concept that PAR-2-dependent cell trafficking may regulate signaling responses to cardiac ischemia and inflammation. ..
- Alisi A, Spagnuolo S, Napoletano S, Spaziani A, Leoni S. Thyroid hormones regulate DNA-synthesis and cell-cycle proteins by activation of PKCalpha and p42/44 MAPK in chick embryo hepatocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2004;201:259-65 pubmed..In conclusion, we demonstrated that the thyroid hormones could modulate different signaling pathways that are able to control cell-cycle progression, mainly during G1/S transition. ..
- Andreis P, Rucinski M, Neri G, Conconi M, Petrelli L, Parnigotto P, et al. Neuropeptides B and W enhance the growth of human adrenocortical carcinoma-derived NCI-H295 cells by exerting MAPK p42/p44-mediated proliferogenic and antiapoptotic effects. Int J Mol Med. 2005;16:1021-8 pubmed
- Dal Piaz F, Vassallo A, Chini M, Cordero F, Cardona F, Pisano C, et al. Natural iminosugar (+)-lentiginosine inhibits ATPase and chaperone activity of hsp90. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43316 pubmed publisher..Our result suggested that the middle domain of Hsp90, as opposed to its ATP-binding pocket, is a promising binding site for new classes of Hsp90 inhibitors with multi-target anti-cancer potential. ..
- Brandi L, Marzi S, Fabbretti A, Fleischer C, Hill W, Gualerzi C, et al. The translation initiation functions of IF2: targets for thiostrepton inhibition. J Mol Biol. 2004;335:881-94 pubmed..Overall, our data indicate that the translation initiation function of IF2 is as sensitive as the translocation function of EF-G to thiostrepton inhibition. ..
- Bisceglie F, Pinelli S, Alinovi R, Tarasconi P, Buschini A, Mussi F, et al. Copper(II) thiosemicarbazonate molecular modifications modulate apoptotic and oxidative effects on U937 cell line. J Inorg Biochem. 2012;116:195-203 pubmed publisher..The mechanisms of action and the effects of these two complexes are remarkably different even though they have the same coordination geometry around copper(II) and differ only for the presence of the ethylmorpholine group. ..
- Mazzocchi G, Malendowicz L, Gottardo L, Aragona F, Nussdorfer G. Orexin A stimulates cortisol secretion from human adrenocortical cells through activation of the adenylate cyclase-dependent signaling cascade. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:778-82 pubmed..Collectively, our findings suggest that orexins selectively stimulate glucocorticoid secretion from human adrenocortical cells, acting through OX1-R coupled with the adenylate cyclase-dependent signaling pathway. ..
- Dell Aquila M, Casavola V, Reshkin S, Albrizio M, Guerra L, Maritato F, et al. Effects of beta-endorphin and Naloxone on in vitro maturation of bovine oocytes. Mol Reprod Dev. 2002;63:210-22 pubmed..Therefore, we concluded that the mocro-opioid receptor, by inducing [Ca(2+)](i) increase, participates in the cumulus-oocyte coupled signaling associated with oocyte maturation. ..
- Baldassa S, Gnesutta N, Fascio U, Sturani E, Zippel R. SCLIP, a microtubule-destabilizing factor, interacts with RasGRF1 and inhibits its ability to promote Rac activation and neurite outgrowth. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:2333-45 pubmed..This study unveils a physical and functional interaction between RasGRF1 and SCLIP. We suggest that this novel interplay may have possible implications in mechanisms that regulate neuronal morphology and structural plasticity. ..
- Lottersberger F, Panza A, Lucchini G, Longhese M. Functional and physical interactions between yeast 14-3-3 proteins, acetyltransferases, and deacetylases in response to DNA replication perturbations. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:3266-81 pubmed..Taken together, our results highlight a novel role for 14-3-3 proteins in the regulation of histone acetyltransferase and deacetylase functions in the response to replicative stress. ..
- Zonari E, Pucci F, Saini M, Mazzieri R, Politi L, Gentner B, et al. A role for miR-155 in enabling tumor-infiltrating innate immune cells to mount effective antitumor responses in mice. Blood. 2013;122:243-52 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the importance of tumor-infiltrating hematopoietic cells in constraining carcinogenesis and establishes an antitumoral function of a prototypical oncomiR. ..
- Borgatti P, Zauli G, Colamussi M, Gibellini D, Previati M, Cantley L, et al. Extracellular HIV-1 Tat protein activates phosphatidylinositol 3- and Akt/PKB kinases in CD4+ T lymphoblastoid Jurkat cells. Eur J Immunol. 1997;27:2805-11 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that the anti-apoptotic activity of low concentrations of Tat protein on Jurkat cells is mediated by a PI 3-kinase/Akt pathway. ..
- Maccarrone M, Navarra M, Corasaniti M, Nistico G, Finazzi Agro A. Cytotoxic effect of HIV-1 coat glycoprotein gp120 on human neuroblastoma CHP100 cells involves activation of the arachidonate cascade. Biochem J. 1998;333 ( Pt 1):45-9 pubmed..This suggests that NO might participate in the mechanism by which gp120 activates the arachidonate cascade. ..
- Bonapace I, Latella L, Papait R, Nicassio F, Sacco A, Muto M, et al. Np95 is regulated by E1A during mitotic reactivation of terminally differentiated cells and is essential for S phase entry. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:909-14 pubmed..Spitkousky, P. Jansen-Dürr, A. Sacchi, and M. Crescenzi. 1996. Mol. Cell. Biol. 16:5302-5312). From our results, Np95 appears to possess all the characteristics to represent the first molecular determinant identified in this pathway. ..
- Merighi S, Mirandola P, Milani D, Varani K, Gessi S, Klotz K, et al. Adenosine receptors as mediators of both cell proliferation and cell death of cultured human melanoma cells. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;119:923-33 pubmed..We demonstrated that adenosine triggers a survival signal via A3 receptor activation and it kills the cell through A2A receptor inducing a signaling pathway that involves protein kinase C and mitogen-activated protein kinases. ..
- Zanotti F, Raho G, Gaballo A, Papa S. Inhibitory and anchoring domains in the ATPase inhibitor protein IF1 of bovine heart mitochondrial ATP synthase. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2004;36:447-57 pubmed..This binding keeps IF1 anchored to the complex, both under inhibitory conditions, at acidic pH, and noninhibitory conditions at alkaline pH. ..
- Sessa R, Seano G, di Blasio L, Gagliardi P, Isella C, Medico E, et al. The miR-126 regulates angiopoietin-1 signaling and vessel maturation by targeting p85?. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:1925-35 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-126-mediated phosphoinositide-3-kinase regulation, not only fine-tunes VEGF-signaling, but it strongly enhances the activities of Ang-1 on vessel stabilization and maturation. ..
- Luisi G, Angelini G, Gasbarri C, Laghezza A, Agamennone M, Loiodice F, et al. Dual targeting of cancer-related human matrix metalloproteinases and carbonic anhydrases by chiral N-(biarylsulfonyl)-phosphonic acids. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem. 2017;32:1260-1264 pubmed publisher..We suggest here that the phosphonates have the potential as dual inhibitors of MMPs and CAs, both involved in tumor formation, invasion and metastasis...
- Santini V, Scappini B, Grossi A, Gozzini A, Bonsi L, Pagliai G, et al. Lyn kinase is activated following thrombopoietin stimulation of the megakaryocytic cell line B1647. Haematologica. 2002;87:1242-7 pubmed
- Falcone S, Perrotta C, De Palma C, Pisconti A, Sciorati C, Capobianco A, et al. Activation of acid sphingomyelinase and its inhibition by the nitric oxide/cyclic guanosine 3',5'-monophosphate pathway: key events in Escherichia coli-elicited apoptosis of dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2004;173:4452-63 pubmed..Thus, A-SMase plays a central role in E. coli/LPS-induced DC apoptosis and its inhibition by NO, and it might be a target of new therapeutic approaches to sepsis. ..
- Valentinis B, Bianchi A, Zhou D, Cipponi A, Catalanotti F, Russo V, et al. Direct effects of polymyxin B on human dendritic cells maturation. The role of IkappaB-alpha/NF-kappaB and ERK1/2 pathways and adhesion. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:14264-71 pubmed..The increased ERK1/2 activation observed, even though correlating with the initial phases of the maturation process, actually inhibits the occurrence of full maturation. ..
- Luciani A, Villella V, Esposito S, Brunetti Pierri N, Medina D, Settembre C, et al. Cystic fibrosis: a disorder with defective autophagy. Autophagy. 2011;7:104-6 pubmed..Therefore, rescuing autophagy interrupts the vicious cycle linking defective CFTR and lung inflammation and may pave the way to the development of a novel class of drugs for the treatment of CF. ..
- Colombo S, D Auria S, Fusi P, Zecca L, Raia C, Tortora P. Purification and characterization of a thermostable carboxypeptidase from the extreme thermophilic archaebacterium Sulfolobus solfataricus. Eur J Biochem. 1992;206:349-57 pubmed..Amino acid and N-terminal sequence analyses did not evidence any similarity to carboxypeptidases A nor thermolysin. A weak similarity was only found with bovine carboxypeptidase B. ..
- Yan S, Fumagalli L, Berton G. Activation of SRC family kinases in human neutrophils. Evidence that p58C-FGR and p53/56LYN redistributed to a Triton X-100-insoluble cytoskeletal fraction, also enriched in the caveolar protein caveolin, display an enhanced kinase activity. FEBS Lett. 1996;380:198-203 pubmed..Moreover, they show that p58c-fgr and p53/56lyn associated with this multimolecular complex display an enhanced kinase activity. ..
- Pastorino L, Colciaghi F, Gardoni F, Albani Torregrossa S, Pellegrini Giampietro D, Moroni F, et al. (+)-MCPG induces PKCepsilon translocation in cortical synaptosomes through a PLD-coupled mGluR. Eur J Neurosci. 2000;12:1310-8 pubmed
- Salvatore D, Melillo R, Monaco C, Visconti R, Fenzi G, Vecchio G, et al. Increased in vivo phosphorylation of ret tyrosine 1062 is a potential pathogenetic mechanism of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2B. Cancer Res. 2001;61:1426-31 pubmed..The more efficient triggering of these pathways may account for the difference between MEN2A and MEN2B syndromes...
- Caposio P, Luganini A, Hahn G, Landolfo S, Gribaudo G. Activation of the virus-induced IKK/NF-kappaB signalling axis is critical for the replication of human cytomegalovirus in quiescent cells. Cell Microbiol. 2007;9:2040-54 pubmed..These results demonstrate an essential role of virus-induced IKK/NF-kappaB activity to trigger both viral IE gene expression and productive replication in quiescent cells. ..
- Stefanelli C, Pignatti C, Tantini B, Fattori M, Stanic I, Mackintosh C, et al. Effect of polyamine depletion on caspase activation: a study with spermine synthase-deficient cells. Biochem J. 2001;355:199-206 pubmed..Some inducers of apoptosis, for example etoposide, absolutely require polyamines for caspase activation, yet the lack of polyamines, particularly spermine, strongly increases caspase activation when induced by UV irradiation. ..
- Schenk U, Menna E, Kim T, Passafaro M, Chang S, De Camilli P, et al. A novel pathway for presynaptic mitogen-activated kinase activation via AMPA receptors. J Neurosci. 2005;25:1654-63 pubmed..These results reveal a novel pathway for activation of presynaptic MAPK and suggest a role of this pathway in the regulation of short-term presynaptic plasticity. ..
- Vistoli G, Pedretti A, Cattaneo M, Aldini G, Testa B. Homology modeling of human serum carnosinase, a potential medicinal target, and MD simulations of its allosteric activation by citrate. J Med Chem. 2006;49:3269-77 pubmed..e., binding score) of carnosine to the catalytic site. This is one of the first reports documenting the molecular mechanism of an allosteric enzyme activator using MD simulations. ..