Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on endosomes in Switzerland
- Charette S, Cosson P. Exocytosis of late endosomes does not directly contribute membrane to the formation of phagocytic cups or pseudopods in Dictyostelium. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4923-8 pubmed..Our results propose that exocytosis of late endosomes and actin-driven membrane remodeling are mutually exclusive processes. ..
- Sharma R, Ghasparian A, Robinson J, McCullough K. Synthetic virus-like particles target dendritic cell lipid rafts for rapid endocytosis primarily but not exclusively by macropinocytosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43248 pubmed publisher..The present characterization allows for a definition of how DC handle virus-like particles showing efficacious immunogenicity, elements valuable for novel vaccine design in the future. ..
- Huotari J, Meyer Schaller N, Hubner M, Stauffer S, Katheder N, Horvath P, et al. Cullin-3 regulates late endosome maturation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:823-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest a crucial role of Cul3 in regulating late steps in the endolysosomal trafficking pathway. ..
- Blanchet M, Le Good J, Oorschot V, Baflast S, Minchiotti G, Klumperman J, et al. Cripto localizes Nodal at the limiting membrane of early endosomes. Sci Signal. 2008;1:ra13 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, Cripto is the first GPI-anchored protein shown to control intraendosomal sorting of its associated cargo. ..
- Laulagnier K, Schieber N, Maritzen T, Haucke V, Parton R, Gruenberg J. Role of AP1 and Gadkin in the traffic of secretory endo-lysosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2068-82 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a specific fraction of the AP2-derived endocytic pathway is dedicated to secretory purposes under the control of AP1 and Gadkin. ..
- Imelli N, Ruzsics Z, Puntener D, Gastaldelli M, Greber U. Genetic reconstitution of the human adenovirus type 2 temperature-sensitive 1 mutant defective in endosomal escape. Virol J. 2009;6:174 pubmed publisher..This provides a basis for genetic analyses of distinct host requirements for Ad endocytosis and escape from endosomes...
- Bacac M, Fusco C, Planche A, Santodomingo J, Demaurex N, Leemann Zakaryan R, et al. Securin and separase modulate membrane traffic by affecting endosomal acidification. Traffic. 2011;12:615-26 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings identify a new functional role of securin and separase in the modulation of membrane traffic and protein secretion that implicates regulation of V-ATPase assembly and function. ..
- Schaer D, Schaer C, Buehler P, Boykins R, Schoedon G, Alayash A, et al. CD163 is the macrophage scavenger receptor for native and chemically modified hemoglobins in the absence of haptoglobin. Blood. 2006;107:373-80 pubmed..These results identify CD163 as a scavenger receptor for native Hb and small-molecular-weight Hb-based blood substitutes after Hp depletion. ..
- Uttenweiler A, Schwarz H, Mayer A. Microautophagic vacuole invagination requires calmodulin in a Ca2+-independent function. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:33289-97 pubmed..Kinetic analysis indicates that calmodulin is required for autophagic tube formation rather than for the final scission of vesicles from the tip of the tube. ..
- Greub G, Mege J, Gorvel J, Raoult D, Méresse S. Intracellular trafficking of Parachlamydia acanthamoebae. Cell Microbiol. 2005;7:581-9 pubmed..acanthamoebae interferes with maturation of its vacuole. Thus, P. acanthamoebae survives to destruction by human macrophages probably by controlling the vacuole biogenesis. ..
- Pagano A, Crottet P, Prescianotto Baschong C, Spiess M. In vitro formation of recycling vesicles from endosomes requires adaptor protein-1/clathrin and is regulated by rab4 and the connector rabaptin-5. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4990-5000 pubmed..The results indicate that recycling is mediated by AP-1/clathrin-coated vesicles and regulated by rab4 and rabaptin-5/rabex-5. ..
- Nair P, Schaub B, Rohrer J. Characterization of the endosomal sorting signal of the cation-dependent mannose 6-phosphate receptor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:24753-8 pubmed..This raises the possibility of two separate binding sites on Tip47 because both receptors require binding to Tip47 for endosomal sorting. ..
- Udayar V, Buggia PrÃ©vot V, Guerreiro R, Siegel G, Rambabu N, Soohoo A, et al. A paired RNAi and RabGAP overexpression screen identifies Rab11 as a regulator of Î²-amyloid production. Cell Rep. 2013;5:1536-51 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal trafficking pathways that regulate AÎ² levels and show how systems biology approaches can unravel the molecular complexity underlying AD. ..
- Mierzwa B, Chiaruttini N, Redondo Morata L, von Filseck J, König J, Larios J, et al. Dynamic subunit turnover in ESCRT-III assemblies is regulated by Vps4 to mediate membrane remodelling during cytokinesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:787-798 pubmed publisher..Continuous ESCRT-III remodelling by subunit turnover might facilitate shape adaptions to variable membrane geometries, with broad implications for diverse cellular processes. ..
- Hicke L, Zanolari B, Pypaert M, Rohrer J, Riezman H. Transport through the yeast endocytic pathway occurs through morphologically distinct compartments and requires an active secretory pathway and Sec18p/N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive fusion protein. Mol Biol Cell. 1997;8:13-31 pubmed
- Matter K. Epithelial polarity: sorting out the sorters. Curr Biol. 2000;10:R39-42 pubmed..While various sorting signals and pathways have been identified, only recently has a protein been identified that recognizes such sorting determinants and mediates sorting to a specific cell-surface domain. ..
- Piguet V, Gu F, Foti M, Demaurex N, Gruenberg J, Carpentier J, et al. Nef-induced CD4 degradation: a diacidic-based motif in Nef functions as a lysosomal targeting signal through the binding of beta-COP in endosomes. Cell. 1999;97:63-73 pubmed..A novel class of endosomal sorting motif, based on acidic residues, is thus revealed, and beta-COP is identified as its downstream partner. ..
- Hunziker W, Peters P. Rab17 localizes to recycling endosomes and regulates receptor-mediated transcytosis in epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:15734-41 pubmed..Our data provides morphological and biochemical evidence for a role of Rab17 in the regulation of transcellular traffic through apical recycling endosomes in epithelial cells. ..
- Solinger J, Spang A. Tethering complexes in the endocytic pathway: CORVET and HOPS. FEBS J. 2013;280:2743-57 pubmed publisher..Accumulating evidence supports the view that endosomal tethering complexes implement a regulatory logic that governs endomembrane identity and dynamics. ..
- Sharma R, Ghasparian A, Robinson J, McCullough K. Dendritic Cell Sensing of Hydrophobic Di- and Triacylated Lipopeptides Self-Assembled within Synthetic Virus-like Particles. J Immunol. 2017;199:734-749 pubmed publisher..Thus, vaccines carrying hydrophobic TLR2 ligands would interact with particular DCs for efficient induction of specific immunity in the absence of additional adjuvant. ..
- Harterink M, Port F, Lorenowicz M, McGough I, Silhankova M, Betist M, et al. A SNX3-dependent retromer pathway mediates retrograde transport of the Wnt sorting receptor Wntless and is required for Wnt secretion. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:914-923 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that SNX3 is part of an alternative retromer pathway that functionally separates the retrograde transport of Wls from other retromer cargo. ..
- Binda M, Péli Gulli M, Bonfils G, Panchaud N, Urban J, Sturgill T, et al. The Vam6 GEF controls TORC1 by activating the EGO complex. Mol Cell. 2009;35:563-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, in addition to its regulatory role in homotypic vacuolar fusion and vacuole protein sorting within the HOPS complex, Vam6 also controls TORC1 function by activating the Gtr1 subunit of the EGO complex. ..
- Blanchet M, Le Good J, Mesnard D, Oorschot V, Baflast S, Minchiotti G, et al. Cripto recruits Furin and PACE4 and controls Nodal trafficking during proteolytic maturation. EMBO J. 2008;27:2580-91 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Nodal processing and endocytosis are coupled in signal-receiving cells. ..
- Schonthaler H, Fleisch V, Biehlmaier O, Makhankov Y, Rinner O, Bahadori R, et al. The zebrafish mutant lbk/vam6 resembles human multisystemic disorders caused by aberrant trafficking of endosomal vesicles. Development. 2008;135:387-99 pubmed
- Schaer C, Vallelian F, Imhof A, Schoedon G, Schaer D. Heme carrier protein (HCP-1) spatially interacts with the CD163 hemoglobin uptake pathway and is a target of inflammatory macrophage activation. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;83:325-33 pubmed..Given the spatial relationship, we propose that the Hb scavenger receptor CD163 and HCP-1 constitute a linked pathway for Hb catabolism and heme-iron recycling in human macrophages. ..
- Charette S, Cosson P. A LYST/beige homolog is involved in biogenesis of Dictyostelium secretory lysosomes. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2338-43 pubmed..These results suggest that LvsB is primarily involved in transport from lysosomes to post lysosomes, and thus plays a critical role in the maturation of lysosomes into fusion-competent post-lysosomal compartments. ..
- Charette S, Mercanti V, Letourneur F, Bennett N, Cosson P. A role for adaptor protein-3 complex in the organization of the endocytic pathway in Dictyostelium. Traffic. 2006;7:1528-38 pubmed..Our results suggest that AP-3 plays an essential role in the compartmentalization of the endocytic pathway in Dictyostelium. ..
- Mercanti V, Blanc C, Lefkir Y, Cosson P, Letourneur F. Acidic clusters target transmembrane proteins to the contractile vacuole in Dictyostelium cells. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:837-45 pubmed..Together our results suggest the existence of an AP-1-dependent selective transport to the contractile vacuole in Dictyostelium. ..
- Saxena S, Howe C, Cosgaya J, Steiner P, Hirling H, Chan J, et al. Differential endocytic sorting of p75NTR and TrkA in response to NGF: a role for late endosomes in TrkA trafficking. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;28:571-87 pubmed..Disrupting p75NTR recycling diminished TrkA activation in response to low concentrations of NGF, demonstrating a functional role for the recycling of p75NTR. ..
- Meier O, Boucke K, Hammer S, Keller S, Stidwill R, Hemmi S, et al. Adenovirus triggers macropinocytosis and endosomal leakage together with its clathrin-mediated uptake. J Cell Biol. 2002;158:1119-31 pubmed..We conclude that Ad signaling from the cell surface controls the induction of macropinosome formation and leakage, and this correlates with viral exit to the cytosol and infection...
- Prescianotto Baschong C, Riezman H. Ordering of compartments in the yeast endocytic pathway. Traffic. 2002;3:37-49 pubmed..On the other hand, traffic to the early recycling endosome is less dependent on Rab5 homologs and does not require Vps27p. ..
- Wiederkehr A, Avaro S, Prescianotto Baschong C, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Riezman H. The F-box protein Rcy1p is involved in endocytic membrane traffic and recycling out of an early endosome in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:397-410 pubmed..cerevisiae and that a major fraction of internalized FM4-64 is secreted back into the medium within a few minutes. The rcy1Delta mutant is strongly defective in recycling. ..
- Muniz M, Nuoffer C, Hauri H, Riezman H. The Emp24 complex recruits a specific cargo molecule into endoplasmic reticulum-derived vesicles. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:925-30 pubmed..Gap1p, which was not affected by emp24 mutation, was not cross-linked. These results suggest that the Emp24 complex acts as a cargo receptor in vesicle biogenesis from the ER. ..