Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on endosomes in Australia
- Shewan A, McCann R, Lamb C, Stirrat L, Kioumourtzoglou D, Adamson I, et al. Endosomal sorting of GLUT4 and Gap1 is conserved between yeast and insulin-sensitive cells. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1576-82 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that the trafficking signals and their cognate molecular regulatory machinery that mediate regulated exocytosis of membrane proteins are conserved across evolution. ..
- Evans T, Ferguson C, Wainwright B, Parton R, Wicking C. Rab23, a negative regulator of hedgehog signaling, localizes to the plasma membrane and the endocytic pathway. Traffic. 2003;4:869-84 pubmed
- Al Ejeh F, Croucher D, Ranson M. Kinetic analysis of plasminogen activator inhibitor type-2: urokinase complex formation and subsequent internalisation by carcinoma cell lines. Exp Cell Res. 2004;297:259-71 pubmed..PAI-2 was subsequently degraded, presumably within lysosomes. This study is the first to provide definitive evidence for uPA/uPAR-mediated PAI-2 endocytosis. ..
- Wolf S, Huynh T, Bryce N, Hambley T, Wakelin L, Stewart B, et al. Intracellular trafficking as a determinant of AS-DACA cytotoxicity in rhabdomyosarcoma cells. BMC Cell Biol. 2011;12:36 pubmed publisher..Taking the evidence as a whole, suggests that endosomal vesicle trafficking influences the toxicity of AS-DACA in RMS cells. ..
- Bonham K, Orzalli M, Hayashi K, Wolf A, Glanemann C, Weninger W, et al. A promiscuous lipid-binding protein diversifies the subcellular sites of toll-like receptor signal transduction. Cell. 2014;156:705-16 pubmed publisher..These data establish how promiscuity, rather than specificity, can be a beneficial means of diversifying the subcellular sites of innate immune signal transduction. ..
- Chan A, Clairfeuille T, Landao Bassonga E, Kinna G, Ng P, Loo L, et al. Sorting nexin 27 couples PTHR trafficking to retromer for signal regulation in osteoblasts during bone growth. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:1367-82 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data support a critical role for SNX27-retromer mediated transport of PTHR in normal bone development. ..