Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on endonucleases in Italy
- Doksani Y, Bermejo R, Fiorani S, Haber J, Foiani M. Replicon dynamics, dormant origin firing, and terminal fork integrity after double-strand break formation. Cell. 2009;137:247-58 pubmed publisher..Our findings have implications for those genome instability syndromes that accumulate DNA breaks during S phase and for forks encountering eroding telomeres. ..
- Ceppi P, Longo M, Volante M, Novello S, Cappia S, Bacillo E, et al. Excision repair cross complementing-1 and topoisomerase IIalpha gene expression in small-cell lung cancer patients treated with platinum and etoposide: a retrospective study. J Thorac Oncol. 2008;3:583-9 pubmed publisher..ERCC1 and TopoIIalpha are candidate markers in predicting clinical outcome and response to treatment in LD SCLC patients and are worth of further investigation in a prospective study. ..
- Cartagena Lirola H, Guerini I, Viscardi V, Lucchini G, Longhese M. Budding Yeast Sae2 is an In Vivo Target of the Mec1 and Tel1 Checkpoint Kinases During Meiosis. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:1549-59 pubmed..Thus, checkpoint-mediated phosphorylation of Sae2 is important to support its meiotic recombination functions. ..
- Viscardi V, Baroni E, Romano M, Lucchini G, Longhese M. Sudden telomere lengthening triggers a Rad53-dependent checkpoint in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3126-43 pubmed..These data suggest that sudden telomere lengthening elicits a checkpoint response that inhibits the G2/M transition. ..
- Sabatino M, Marabese M, Ganzinelli M, Caiola E, Geroni C, Broggini M. Down-regulation of the nucleotide excision repair gene XPG as a new mechanism of drug resistance in human and murine cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:259 pubmed publisher..In addition, the mechanism of resistance reported opens up the possibility of reverting the resistant phenotype using combinations with demethylating agents, molecules already employed in the clinical setting. ..
- Robert T, Vanoli F, Chiolo I, Shubassi G, Bernstein K, Rothstein R, et al. HDACs link the DNA damage response, processing of double-strand breaks and autophagy. Nature. 2011;471:74-79 pubmed publisher..We propose that Rpd3, Hda1 and Gcn5 control chromosome stability by coordinating the ATR checkpoint and double-strand-break processing with autophagy. ..
- Ruzzo A, Graziano F, Loupakis F, Rulli E, Canestrari E, Santini D, et al. Pharmacogenetic profiling in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with first-line FOLFOX-4 chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:1247-54 pubmed..A pharmacogenetic approach may be an innovative strategy for optimizing palliative chemotherapy in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. These findings deserve confirmation in additional prospective studies. ..