Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on embryonic development in China
Topic: embryonic development
- Li B, Chen S, Tang N, Xiao X, Huang J, Jiang F, et al. Assisted Reproduction Causes Reduced Fetal Growth Associated with Downregulation of Paternally Expressed Imprinted Genes That Enhance Fetal Growth in Mice. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:45 pubmed publisher..Disruption of genomic imprinting and abnormal expression of developmentally and functionally relevant genes in placenta may influence the placental development and function, which affect fetal growth and reprogramming. ..
- Tang X, Wang H, Chu L, Shao H. KvLEA, a New Isolated Late Embryogenesis Abundant Protein Gene from Kosteletzkya virginica Responding to Multiabiotic Stresses. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:9823697 pubmed publisher..virginica. This research not only enriched studies on LEA gene in plant but also would accelerate more studies on K. virginica in the future. ..
- Qian C, Wong C, Wu Z, He Q, Xia H, Tam P, et al. Stage specific requirement of platelet-derived growth factor receptor-? in embryonic development. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184473 pubmed publisher..Future work should aim at defining (a) the regulatory elements for the expression of the human PDGFRA during embryonic development, and (b) if mutations / sequence variations of these regulatory elements cause these anomalies. ..
- Zhang Y, Chen J, Cui X, Luo D, Xia H, Dai J, et al. A controllable on-off strategy for the reproductive containment of fish. Sci Rep. 2015;5:7614 pubmed publisher..This on-off strategy is a potentially effective means of generating sterile fish for commercialization while retaining fertility in brood stocks, and offers a novel method to mitigate the ecological risks of fish introductions. ..
- Liu A, Tang M, Xi J, Gao L, Zheng Y, Luo H, et al. Functional characterization of inward rectifier potassium ion channel in murine fetal ventricular cardiomyocytes. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2010;26:413-20 pubmed publisher..During fetal development, the switch of IK1 subtypes from Kir2.1/Kir2.3 to Kir2.1 resulted in the dramatic changes in IK1 electrophysiological properties. ..
- Chan K, Qi J, Sham M. Multiple coding and non-coding RNAs in the Hoxb3 locus and their spatial expression patterns during mouse embryogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;398:153-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the multiple non-coding RNAs could be involved in the regulation of Hoxb3. ..
- Cai X, Chen G, Lian Y, Zheng X, Peng H. Cryoloop vitrification of rabbit oocytes. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:1969-74 pubmed..In this study, rabbit oocytes (fertilized by ICSI) were vitrified with cryoloops, and the effect of three different cryopreservation protocols on spindle configuration and embryo quality was assessed...
- Han Y, Qian J, Zhang J, Hu C, Wang C. Structure-toxicity relationship of cefoperazone and its impurities to developing zebrafish by transcriptome and Raman analysis. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;327:39-51 pubmed publisher..This study may provide bioinformatics and spectral information that may be used in further investigations on the relationship between structure and toxicity of drugs and impurities. ..
- Jiang D, Chen J, Fan Z, Tan D, Zhao J, Shi H, et al. CRISPR/Cas9-induced disruption of wt1a and wt1b reveals their different roles in kidney and gonad development in Nile tilapia. Dev Biol. 2017;428:63-73 pubmed publisher..The XY wt1b-/- fish had normal serum estradiol-17? and 11-ketotestosterone levels and remained fertile. These results suggest that Wt1a and Wt1b have different functions in the kidneys and gonads of tilapia. ..
- Ke Y, Xu Y, Chen X, Feng S, Liu Z, Sun Y, et al. 3D Chromatin Structures of Mature Gametes and Structural Reprogramming during Mammalian Embryogenesis. Cell. 2017;170:367-381.e20 pubmed publisher..In summary, the global reprogramming of chromatin architecture occurs during early mammalian development. ..
- Xu Q, Zhang F, He H, Xu S, Li K, Liu S, et al. Expression profile of mouse Mterfd2, a novel component of the mitochondrial transcription termination factor (MTERF) family. Genes Genet Syst. 2011;86:269-75 pubmed..It might play an important role in the organ differentiation which was probably resulted from its role in the mitochondrial transcription regulation. ..
- Wu F, Ding B, Qi B, Shang M, Yang X, Liu Y, et al. Sequence analysis, expression patterns and transcriptional regulation of mouse Ifrg15 during preimplantation embryonic development. Gene. 2012;507:119-24 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested that the mouse Ifrg15 might interact with these key development-related genes and play significant roles on the mouse preimplantation embryos development, especially for the development of mouse blastocysts. ..
- Yanjiang X, Hongjuan H, Tiantian G, Yan Z, Zhijun H, Qiong W. Expression patterns of ubiquitin conjugating enzyme UbcM2 during mouse embryonic development. Gene Expr. 2012;15:163-70 pubmed..5 until E16.5. Together, these results suggest that UbcM2 may play potential roles in the development of mouse diverse tissues and organs, particularly in the development of brain and skeleton. ..
- Xu L, Liang H, Niu Y, Wang Y, Sima Y, Xu S. Differential expression of the Bombyx mori diapause-termination timer gene Ea4 in diapause-inducing temperature and photoperiod. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 2012;79:182-94 pubmed publisher..However, these elevations of enzyme activities were not accompanied by any increases in Ea4 mRNA levels. In conclusion, the termination of the Bombyx embryonic diapause is related to TIME-EA4 but not to its gene expression. ..
- Gu T, He H, Han Z, Zeng T, Huang Z, Liu Q, et al. Expression of macro non-coding RNAs Meg8 and Irm in mouse embryonic development. Acta Histochem. 2012;114:392-9 pubmed publisher..Notably, Irm was more closely associated with morphogenesis of skeletal muscle in contrast to Meg8 during embryonic development. ..
- Webb S, Cheung C, Chan C, Love D, Miller A. Application of complementary luminescent and fluorescent imaging techniques to visualize nuclear and cytoplasmic Ca²⁺ signalling during the in vivo differentiation of slow muscle cells in zebrafish embryos under normal and dystrophic conditions. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2012;39:78-86 pubmed publisher
- Liu J, Li L, Du S, Bai X, Zhang H, Tang S, et al. Effects of interval between fusion and activation, cytochalasin B treatment, and number of transferred embryos, on cloning efficiency in goats. Theriogenology. 2011;76:1076-83 pubmed publisher..In addition, increasing the number of embryos transferred to each recipient resulted in more live offspring from fewer recipients. ..
- Xu X, Shen Y, Yang X, Li J. Cloning and characterization of TIMP-2b gene in grass carp. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;159:115-21 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the CiTIMP-2b would play an important role in the A. hydrophila-related diseases and early embryonic development stages in grass carp. ..
- Wang X, Xue L, Sun J, Zuo J. The Arabidopsis BE1 gene, encoding a putative glycoside hydrolase localized in plastids, plays crucial roles during embryogenesis and carbohydrate metabolism. J Integr Plant Biol. 2010;52:273-88 pubmed publisher..The be1-3 phenotype can be partially rescued by glucose, fructose or sucrose, implying the involvement of BE1 in carbohydrate metabolism in plastids. ..
- Gao M, Liu Q, Zhang F, Han Z, Gu T, Tian W, et al. Conserved expression of the PRELI domain containing 2 gene (Prelid2) during mid-later-gestation mouse embryogenesis. J Mol Histol. 2009;40:227-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, the prelid2 gene is a widely-spread, persistently expressed and unmethylated gene in mouse embryonic development. Our results suggest that the PRELI domain containing 2 gene is involved in mouse embryonic development. ..
- Wang X, Lu L, Li Y, Li M, Chen C, Feng Q, et al. Molecular and functional characterization of two distinct IGF binding protein-6 genes in zebrafish. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R1348-57 pubmed publisher..These findings are consistent with the notion of an additional gene duplication event in teleost fish and have provided novel insight into the structural and functional evolution of the IGFBP gene family. ..
- Wang F, Li X, Xie X, Zhao L, Chen W. UCA1, a non-protein-coding RNA up-regulated in bladder carcinoma and embryo, influencing cell growth and promoting invasion. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:1919-27 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the expression of UCA1 also increased tumorigenic potential of BLS-211 cells in nude mice. Results from the present study suggested that UCA1 might play a pivotal role in bladder cancer progression and embryonic development. ..
- Dai J, Zhu X, Liu F, Xiang J, Nagasawa H, Yang W. Involvement of p90 ribosomal S6 kinase in termination of cell cycle arrest during development of Artemia-encysted embryos. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1705-12 pubmed..Our findings may, thus, provide insights into the regulation of cell division during Artemia post-embryonic development and reveal further aspects of RSK functions...
- Hua S, Zhang Y, Song K, Song J, Zhang Z, Zhang L, et al. Development of bovine-ovine interspecies cloned embryos and mitochondria segregation in blastomeres during preimplantation. Anim Reprod Sci. 2008;105:245-57 pubmed..Considerable unequal mitochondrial segregation occurred between blastomeres from the same iSCNT embryos...
- Lan G, Chang Z, Luo M, Jiang Y, Han D, Wu Y, et al. Production of cloned goats by nuclear transfer of cumulus cells and long-term cultured fetal fibroblast cells into abattoir-derived oocytes. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:834-40 pubmed..5%). ..
- Zhao Y, Zheng X, Cao B, Wei Q, Li L, Wei Y, et al. [Establishment of a new method for early embryo culture in vitro]. Yi Chuan. 2004;26:364-6 pubmed..However, all embryos cultured in the single dish in which the suspensions were not covered with mineral oil were blocked at 2-cell stage. The nest culture method is an effective method for early embryo culture in vitro. ..
- Zhang T, Dai J, Wu C, Gu X, Liu L, Wu Z, et al. Positive effects of treatment of donor cells with aphidicolin on the preimplantation development of somatic cell nuclear transfer embryos in Chinese Bama mini-pig (Sus Scrofa). Anim Sci J. 2012;83:103-10 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results suggest that treatment of CC with serum starvation plus APC prior to nuclear transfer is more suitable in SCNT of mini-pigs. ..
- Liu J, Wang Y, Su J, Luo Y, Quan F, Zhang Y. Nuclear donor cell lines considerably influence cloning efficiency and the incidence of large offspring syndrome in bovine somatic cell nuclear transfer. Reprod Domest Anim. 2013;48:660-4 pubmed publisher..We concluded that the nuclear donor cell lines have significant impact on the in vivo development of cloned embryos and the incidence of LOS in cloned calves. ..
- Dong Q, Chen X, Li G. Effect of transcription factor ZBTB20 on mouse pituitary development. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:17622-9 pubmed publisher..ZBTB20, an important transcriptional factor in pituitary development, is mainly responsible for the terminal differentiation of prolactin-secreting cells, thereby regulating the secretion of the pituitary hormones. ..