Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on drug dose response relationship in Sweden
Topic: drug dose response relationship
Publications209 found, 100 shown here
- Berg U, Bang P, Carlsson Skwirut C. Calpain proteolysis of insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP) -2 and -3, but not of IGFBP-1. Biol Chem. 2007;388:859-63 pubmed..Using the biosensor technique, in vitro binding of m-calpain to IGFBP-3 was demonstrated to be a Ca(2+)-dependent reaction with a rapid on/off rate. ..
- Demoling L, Bååth E. No long-term persistence of bacterial pollution-induced community tolerance in tylosin-polluted soil. Environ Sci Technol. 2008;42:6917-21 pubmed
- Sand E, Themner Persson A, Ekblad E. Mast cells reduce survival of myenteric neurons in culture. Neuropharmacology. 2009;56:522-30 pubmed publisher..Mast cell-induced neuronal cell death is suggested to be mediated via PAR(2) activation, IL6 and prostaglandin D(2). Corticosteroid and VIP are neuroprotective and able to prevent cell death of myenteric neurons in co-culture. ..
- Demma J, Hallberg K, Hellman B. Genotoxicity of plumbagin and its effects on catechol and NQNO-induced DNA damage in mouse lymphoma cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2009;23:266-71 pubmed publisher..The fact that non-DNA damaging concentrations of plumbagin diminished the DNA damage induced by catechol, provides further support for the idea that plumbagin may act as an antioxidative agent at low concentrations. ..
- Gabrielsson J, Green A. Quantitative pharmacology or pharmacokinetic pharmacodynamic integration should be a vital component in integrative pharmacology. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;331:767-74 pubmed publisher..Finally, a guide list of points to be considered when performing studies is provided. ..
- Lennernas B, Frank Lissbrant I, Lennernas H, Kalkner K, Derrick R, Howell J. Sublingual administration of fentanyl to cancer patients is an effective treatment for breakthrough pain: results from a randomized phase II study. Palliat Med. 2010;24:286-93 pubmed publisher..0146, SLF 400 microg) confirmed these differences as clinically important. Nausea and dizziness were the most common treatment-related adverse effects. SLF appears to be a fast, effective and well-tolerated treatment for BTP. ..
- Chabes A, Domkin V, Larsson G, Liu A, Graslund A, Wijmenga S, et al. Yeast ribonucleotide reductase has a heterodimeric iron-radical-containing subunit. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:2474-9 pubmed..Taken together, our results show that the Rnr2p/Rnr4p heterodimer is the active form of the yeast RNR small subunit. ..
- Wärnmark A, Treuter E, Gustafsson J, Hubbard R, Brzozowski A, Pike A. Interaction of transcriptional intermediary factor 2 nuclear receptor box peptides with the coactivator binding site of estrogen receptor alpha. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:21862-8 pubmed..These results highlight the potential difficulties in interpretation of protein-protein interactions based on co-crystal structures using short peptide motifs. ..
- Kozlenkov A, Manes T, Hoylaerts M, Millan J. Function assignment to conserved residues in mammalian alkaline phosphatases. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:22992-9 pubmed
- LennernÃ¤s B, Albertsson P, LennernÃ¤s H, Norrby K. Chemotherapy and antiangiogenesis--drug-specific, dose-related effects. Acta Oncol. 2003;42:294-303 pubmed..No clear correlation was found between drug half-life, the degree of toxic effects (in terms ofbody weight changes) and the antiangiogenic effect. The antiangiogenic effects were distinctly drug specific. ..
- Ohrvik H, Yoshioka M, Oskarsson A, Tallkvist J. Cadmium-induced disturbances in lactating mammary glands of mice. Toxicol Lett. 2006;164:207-13 pubmed..In conclusion, our results indicate that cadmium disturbs the function of the lactating mammary gland, which consequently may impair the development of the suckling offspring. ..
- Pettersson J, Mossberg A, Svanborg C. alpha-Lactalbumin species variation, HAMLET formation, and tumor cell death. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:260-70 pubmed..We conclude that structural variation of alpha-lactalbumins does not preclude the formation of HAMLET-like complexes and that natural HAMLET formation in casein was unique to human milk, which also showed the highest oleic acid content. ..
- Skogvall S, Berglund M, Dalence Guzmán M, Svensson K, Jonsson P, Persson C, et al. Effects of capsazepine on human small airway responsiveness unravel a novel class of bronchorelaxants. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2007;20:273-80 pubmed..If potency can be further increased and the results translated to in vivo, compounds representing the capsazepinoid class of bronchorelaxants might become useful in the treatment of patients suffering from asthma and COPD. ..
- Bryja V, Schulte G, Arenas E. Wnt-3a utilizes a novel low dose and rapid pathway that does not require casein kinase 1-mediated phosphorylation of Dvl to activate beta-catenin. Cell Signal. 2007;19:610-6 pubmed..Thus, our results show that Wnt-3a rapidly induce a partial activation of beta-catenin in the absence of PS-Dvl at low doses, while at high doses induce a full activation of beta-catenin in a PS-Dvl-dependent manner. ..
- Bellas J, Thor P. Effects of selected PAHs on reproduction and survival of the calanoid copepod Acartia tonsa. Ecotoxicology. 2007;16:465-74 pubmed..tonsa from exposure in the field, and that the risk of adverse effects is high for fluoranthene. ..
- Lilja J, Lindegren H, Forsby A. Surfactant-induced TRPV1 activity--a novel mechanism for eye irritation?. Toxicol Sci. 2007;99:174-80 pubmed
- Alm H, Kultima K, Scholz B, Nilsson A, Andren P, Fex Svenningsen A, et al. Exposure to brominated flame retardant PBDE-99 affects cytoskeletal protein expression in the neonatal mouse cerebral cortex. Neurotoxicology. 2008;29:628-37 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the permanent neurological damage induced by PBDE-99 during the brain growth spurt involve detrimental effects on cytoskeletal regulation and neuronal maturation in the developing cerebral cortex. ..
- Sun S, Berg O, Roth J, Andersson D. Contribution of gene amplification to evolution of increased antibiotic resistance in Salmonella typhimurium. Genetics. 2009;182:1183-95 pubmed publisher..If later point mutations (allowed by amplification) provide sufficient adaptive improvement, the amplification may be lost. ..
- Deinum J, Mattsson C, Inghardt T, Elg M. Biochemical and pharmacological effects of the direct thrombin inhibitor AR-H067637. Thromb Haemost. 2009;101:1051-9 pubmed..4 nM) and aggregation (IC(50) 0.9 nM). In conclusion, AR-H067637 is a selective, reversible, competitive inhibitor of alpha-thrombin, with a predictable anticoagulant effect demonstrated in plasma coagulation assays. ..
- Kuzmin A, Madjid N, Johansson B, Terenius L, Ogren S. The nociceptin system and hippocampal cognition in mice: a pharmacological and genetic analysis. Brain Res. 2009;1305 Suppl:S7-19 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that N/OFQ and NOP receptors have an important role in hippocampus-dependent spatial learning and memory, probably by modulation of glutamatergic functions. ..
- Pettersson F, Ponten H, Waters N, Waters S, Sonesson C. Synthesis and evaluation of a set of 4-phenylpiperidines and 4-phenylpiperazines as D2 receptor ligands and the discovery of the dopaminergic stabilizer 4-[3-(methylsulfonyl)phenyl]-1-propylpiperidine (huntexil, pridopidine, ACR16). J Med Chem. 2010;53:2510-20 pubmed publisher..These properties may contribute to its unique "dopaminergic stabilizer" characteristics, differentiating 12b from D(2) antagonists and partial D(2) agonists. ..
- Fredriksson A, Palomo T, Archer T. Effects of MAO inhibitors upon MPTP mice chronically treated with suprathreshold doses of L-dopa. Behav Pharmacol. 2000;11:571-81 pubmed..These results demonstrate a synergistic and restorative action of combining certain MAO inhibitors, namely the reversible MAO-A inhibitors, with the suprathreshold dose of L-dopa in MPTP-treated, L-dopa-tolerant mice. ..
- Sandstrom M, Karlsson M, Ljungman P, Hassan Z, Jonsson E, Nilsson C, et al. Population pharmacokinetic analysis resulting in a tool for dose individualization of busulphan in bone marrow transplantation recipients. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2001;28:657-64 pubmed..The resulting flexible and easy to use dosing program might be used for both initial and, requiring only three plasma samples, maintenance dose individualization of busulphan therapy. ..
- Steen M, Villoutreix B, Norstrøm E, Yamazaki T, Dahlback B. Defining the factor Xa-binding site on factor Va by site-directed glycosylation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50022-9 pubmed..FXa complex assembly. ..
- Lundåsen T, Liao W, Angelin B, Rudling M. Leptin induces the hepatic high density lipoprotein receptor scavenger receptor B type I (SR-BI) but not cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (Cyp7a1) in leptin-deficient (ob/ob) mice. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43224-8 pubmed..Our findings indicate that leptin is an important regulator of hepatic SR-BI expression and, thus, HDL cholesterol levels, whereas it does not stimulate Cyp7a1 and bile acid synthesis. ..
- Orn S, Holbech H, Madsen T, Norrgren L, Petersen G. Gonad development and vitellogenin production in zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to ethinylestradiol and methyltestosterone. Aquat Toxicol. 2003;65:397-411 pubmed..The period of gonadal sex reversal in non-exposed zebrafish was also studied. The main morphological features of the transformation of ovaries into testis were observed 4-5 weeks after hatching. ..
- Matic S, Geisler D, Møller I, Widell S, Rasmusson A. Alamethicin permeabilizes the plasma membrane and mitochondria but not the tonoplast in tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L. cv Bright Yellow) suspension cells. Biochem J. 2005;389:695-704 pubmed..Possible uses and limitations of this method for plant cell research are discussed. ..
- Björkqvist M, Bernsand M, Eliasson L, Hakanson R, Lindstrom E. Somatostatin, misoprostol and galanin inhibit gastrin- and PACAP-stimulated secretion of histamine and pancreastatin from ECL cells by blocking specific Ca2+ channels. Regul Pept. 2005;130:81-90 pubmed
- Dahlström M, Lindgren F, Berntsson K, Sjögren M, Mårtensson L, Jonsson P, et al. Evidence for different pharmacological targets for imidazoline compounds inhibiting settlement of the barnacle Balanus improvisus. J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol. 2005;303:551-62 pubmed
- Böttiger Y, Brattström C, Backman L, Claesson K, Burke J. Trimethoprim-sulphamethoxazole does not affect the pharmacokinetics of sirolimus in renal transplant recipients. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2005;60:566-9 pubmed..The mean difference in the dose-corrected AUC((0-24 h)) was 0.40% (-9.4, +10). A single dose of trimethoprim-sulphamethoxazole does not affect the pharmacokinetics of sirolimus in renal transplant patients. ..
- Palm C, Netzereab S, Hällbrink M. Quantitatively determined uptake of cell-penetrating peptides in non-mammalian cells with an evaluation of degradation and antimicrobial effects. Peptides. 2006;27:1710-6 pubmed..In addition, these CPPs showed antimicrobial activity. ..
- Wu W, Hao J, Fredholm B, Wiesenfeld Hallin Z, Xu X. Effect of acute and chronic administration of caffeine on pain-like behaviors in rats with partial sciatic nerve injury. Neurosci Lett. 2006;402:164-6 pubmed..The potential hyperalgesic effect of chronic A1 adenosine receptor blockade may have been compensated for by an antinociceptive effect of caffeine through antagonism of A2A receptors and tolerance development. ..
- Wang M, Rahman M, Zhu D, Johansson I, Backstrom T. 3Beta-hydroxysteroids and pregnenolone sulfate inhibit recombinant rat GABA(A) receptor through different channel property. Eur J Pharmacol. 2007;557:124-31 pubmed..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that pregnenolone sulfate-inhibition does not share with 3beta-hydroxysteroids the coincident channel property at the GABA(A) receptor. ..
- Panossian A, Nikoyan N, Ohanyan N, Hovhannisyan A, Abrahamyan H, Gabrielyan E, et al. Comparative study of Rhodiola preparations on behavioral despair of rats. Phytomedicine. 2008;15:84-91 pubmed..RPE cannot provide predictable therapeutic effect due to herb-herb interaction. Moreover, concomitant treatment of RPE with other drugs should also be excluded due to drug-piperine interaction. ..
- Berg V, Das P, Chorell E, Hedenström M, Pinkner J, Hultgren S, et al. Carboxylic acid isosteres improve the activity of ring-fused 2-pyridones that inhibit pilus biogenesis in E. coli. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2008;18:3536-40 pubmed publisher..Two independent biological evaluations show that acyl sulfonamides and tetrazoles significantly improve pilicide activity against uropathogenic E. coli. ..
- Eriksson B, Turpie A, Lassen M, Prins M, Agnelli G, Kalebo P, et al. Prevention of venous thromboembolism with an oral factor Xa inhibitor, YM150, after total hip arthroplasty. A dose finding study (ONYX-2). J Thromb Haemost. 2010;8:714-21 pubmed publisher..The oral direct FXa inhibitor YM150 demonstrated a significant dose response regarding efficacy. Doses from 30 to 120 mg had comparable efficacy to enoxaparin, without compromising safety regarding major bleeding events. ..
- Nieuwenhuizen A, Karlsson S, Fridolf T, Ahren B. Mechanisms underlying the insulinostatic effect of peptide YY in mouse pancreatic islets. Diabetologia. 1994;37:871-8 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Sandberg J, Andersson A, Eizirik D, Sandler S. Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist prevents low dose streptozotocin induced diabetes in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;202:543-8 pubmed..Thus, the results indicate that sustained administration of IL-1ra can prevent the diabetogenic process elicited by low dose STZ treatment, suggesting that IL-1 may have a role in the pathogenesis of this form of diabetes. ..
- Granas C, Larhammar D. Identification of an amino acid residue important for binding of methiothepin and sumatriptan to the human 5-HT(1B) receptor. Eur J Pharmacol. 1999;380:171-81 pubmed..However, some notable differences also emerge showing that functional roles of individual amino acid residues must be tested experimentally in each receptor subtype. ..
- Sjöblom M, Säfsten B, Flemström G. Melatonin-induced calcium signaling in clusters of human and rat duodenal enterocytes. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2003;284:G1034-44 pubmed..Melatonin-induced enterocyte [Ca(2+)](i) signaling as well as mucosal cell-to-cell communication may be involved in stimulation of duodenal mucosal HCO(3)(-) secretion. ..
- Fejgin K, Pålsson E, Wass C, Finnerty N, Lowry J, Klamer D. Prefrontal GABA(B) receptor activation attenuates phencyclidine-induced impairments of prepulse inhibition: involvement of nitric oxide. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2009;34:1673-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, prefrontal NO signaling mirrors an altered level of cortical inhibition that may be of importance for information processing deficits in schizophrenia. ..
- Forslind K, Boonen A, Albertsson K, Hafstrom I, Svensson B. Hand bone loss measured by digital X-ray radiogrammetry is a predictor of joint damage in early rheumatoid arthritis. Scand J Rheumatol. 2009;38:431-8 pubmed publisher..Loss of bone measured by DXR was found to be an independent predictor of radiological joint damage and may thus be an additional tool in the process of treatment decision in early RA. ..
- Dahlgren M, Zetterström C, Gylfe S, Linusson A, Elofsson M. Statistical molecular design of a focused salicylidene acylhydrazide library and multivariate QSAR of inhibition of type III secretion in the Gram-negative bacterium Yersinia. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:2686-703 pubmed publisher..Y. pseudotuberculosis and C. trachomatis cell-based infection models showed that compounds identified in this study are selective and non-toxic inhibitors of T3S dependent virulence...
- Bengtsson G, Zerhouni P. Effects of carbon substrate enrichment and DOC concentration on biodegradation of PAHs in soil. J Appl Microbiol. 2003;94:608-17 pubmed..Bioremediation of PAH-contaminated sites may be facilitated by creating water-saturated conditions but retarded by addition of other carbon substrates, such as analogue compounds. ..
- Rahman M, Lindblad C, Johansson I, Backstrom T, Wang M. Neurosteroid modulation of recombinant rat alpha5beta2gamma2L and alpha1beta2gamma2L GABA(A) receptors in Xenopus oocyte. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;547:37-44 pubmed..Results from the current study revealed a different modulation pattern by neurosteroids between the alpha(1)beta(2)gamma(2L) and alpha(5)beta(2)gamma(2L) receptor. ..
- Yngen M, Li N, Hjemdahl P, Wallen N. Insulin enhances platelet activation in vitro. Thromb Res. 2001;104:85-91 pubmed..Beneficial effects of insulin treatment on platelet function in vivo are probably related to improved metabolic control, rather than to direct platelet stabilizing effects. ..
- Lindén D, Lindberg K, Oscarsson J, Claesson C, Asp L, Li L, et al. Influence of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonists on the intracellular turnover and secretion of apolipoprotein (Apo) B-100 and ApoB-48. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:23044-53 pubmed..These findings suggest that PPAR alpha and LFABP could interact to amplify the effect of endogenous PPAR alpha agonists on the assembly of VLDL. ..
- Cartier A, Broberg E, Komai T, Henriksson M, Masucci M. The herpes simplex virus-1 Us3 protein kinase blocks CD8T cell lysis by preventing the cleavage of Bid by granzyme B. Cell Death Differ. 2003;10:1320-8 pubmed..Our data illustrate a new strategy of viral escape, where modification of a cellular proapoptotic substrate may prevent lysis of the infected cells without affecting other T-cell functions. ..
- Kuzmin A, Sandin J, Terenius L, Ogren S. Evidence in locomotion test for the functional heterogeneity of ORL-1 receptors. Br J Pharmacol. 2004;141:132-40 pubmed..High doses of nociceptin and all the tested doses of Ro 64-6198 seem to interact with a functionally different subset of ORL1 receptors. In addition, the effects of Ro 64-6198 are modulated by tonic opioid receptor activity. ..
- Petersson M. Opposite effects of oxytocin on proliferation of osteosarcoma cell lines. Regul Pept. 2008;150:50-4 pubmed publisher..001). Thus oxytocin has the capacity to both stimulate and inhibit cell proliferation of osteosarcoma cells. This effect might be dependent on the stage of differentiation of the cancer cells. ..
- Bengtsson T, Redegren K, Strosberg A, Nedergaard J, Cannon B. Down-regulation of beta3 adrenoreceptor gene expression in brown fat cells is transient and recovery is dependent upon a short-lived protein factor. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:33366-75 pubmed..A model is presented for the down-regulation/recovery process, involving the participation of a phosphorylatable short-lived transcription factor. ..
- Chiara F, Goumans M, Forsberg H, Ahgren A, Rasola A, Aspenstrom P, et al. A gain of function mutation in the activation loop of platelet-derived growth factor beta-receptor deregulates its kinase activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:42516-27 pubmed..Our findings support a model whereby an activating point mutation results in a deregulated PDGFRbeta with oncogenic predisposition. ..
- Hilke S, Theodorsson A, Rugarn O, Hokfelt T, Theodorsson E. Galanin in the hippocampal formation of female rats--effects of 17beta-estradiol. Neuropeptides. 2005;39:253-7 pubmed..Thus, sex steroid hormones may influence signalling molecules in brain areas of importance for cognitive functions. ..
- Hua J, Pero R, Kane R. Pharmacokinetics and central nervous system toxicity of declopramide (3-chloroprocainamide) in rats and mice. Anticancer Drugs. 1999;10:79-88 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that the clinical development of declopramide as a sensitizer of radio- and chemotherapies is an improvement over MCA, because it can be administered in a high dose and is devoid of CNS side effects...
- Wiberg C, Hedbom E, Khairullina A, Lamande S, Oldberg A, Timpl R, et al. Biglycan and decorin bind close to the n-terminal region of the collagen VI triple helix. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:18947-52 pubmed..In solid phase assay using recombinant collagen VI fragments, it was shown that the alpha2(VI) chain probably plays a role in the interaction. ..
- Grey C, Adlercreutz P. Ability of antioxidants to prevent oxidative mutations in Salmonella typhimurium TA102. Mutat Res. 2003;527:27-36 pubmed..Protection against mutagenicity caused by tert-butyl hydroperoxide appears to occur mainly through the scavenging of alkoxyl and possibly of alkyl radicals. ..
- Bokström K, Balldin J. A rating scale for assessment of alcohol withdrawal psychopathology (AWIP). Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 1992;16:241-9 pubmed..This new scale, capable of identifying psychopathology and changes over time, may be used alone or together with physiological scales to identify subgroups of patients undergoing withdrawal. ..
- Cao Y, He L, Xu C, Luo G, Edvinsson L. Enhanced transcription of contractile 5-hydroxytryptamine 2A receptors via extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 after organ culture of rat mesenteric artery. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2005;96:282-8 pubmed..These data reveal a role of ERK1/2 in up-regulation of 5-HT2A receptors and suggest a possibility to inhibit the enhanced responses to 5-HT by inhibition of the ERK1/2 pathway. ..
- Hagberg G, Gefvert O, Bergstrom M, Wieselgren I, Lindstrom L, Wiesel F, et al. N-[11C]methylspiperone PET, in contrast to [11C]raclopride, fails to detect D2 receptor occupancy by an atypical neuroleptic. Psychiatry Res. 1998;82:147-60 pubmed..The result is discussed in terms of endogenous dopamine, tracer kinetics and equilibrium dissociation constants. ..
- Stjärne P, Olsson P, Alenius M. Use of mometasone furoate to prevent polyp relapse after endoscopic sinus surgery. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009;135:296-302 pubmed publisher..The ability of mometasone to prevent or prolong the time to relapse among subjects undergoing FESS is important because this may prolong the time to subsequent surgery. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00731185. ..
- Nilsson B, Valantinas J, Hedin L, Friman S, Svanvik J. Acetazolamide inhibits stimulated feline liver and gallbladder bicarbonate secretion. Acta Physiol Scand. 2002;174:117-23 pubmed..The presence of CA II in the gallbladder was demonstrated by immunoblotting. Biliary CA activity has an important function in the regulation of VIP- and secretin-stimulated bicarbonate secretion across the gallbladder mucosa. ..
- Ekstrom J, Godoy T, Riva A. Clozapine: agonistic and antagonistic salivary secretory actions. J Dent Res. 2010;89:276-80 pubmed publisher..The overall actions of clozapine suggest that, in clozapine-treated humans, salivation is increased during sleep and at rest, but is decreased during meals. ..
- Edvinsson L, Sams A, Jansen Olesen I, Tajti J, Kane S, Rutledge R, et al. Characterisation of the effects of a non-peptide CGRP receptor antagonist in SK-N-MC cells and isolated human cerebral arteries. Eur J Pharmacol. 2001;415:39-44 pubmed..In guinea pig basilar arteries, CGRP-(8-37) antagonised the CGRP-induced relaxation while Compound 1 had a weak blocking effect. The clinical studies of non-peptide CGRP antagonists are awaited with great interest. ..
- Lindblom J, Opmane B, Mutulis F, Mutule I, Petrovska R, Klusa V, et al. The MC4 receptor mediates alpha-MSH induced release of nucleus accumbens dopamine. Neuroreport. 2001;12:2155-8 pubmed..This increase was completely blocked by pre-treatment with the MC4 receptor selective antagonist HS131, indicating that the effects of alpha-MSH on dopamine transmission may be mediated by the MC4 receptor. ..
- Ding B, Kull B, Liu Z, Mottagui Tabar S, Thonberg H, Gu H, et al. Human neuropeptide Y signal peptide gain-of-function polymorphism is associated with increased body mass index: possible mode of function. Regul Pept. 2005;127:45-53 pubmed..Our findings in humans strongly indicate that the NPY signaling system is implicated in body weight regulation and suggest a new and unexpected functional role of a signal peptide. ..
- Sjöberg A, Onnerfjord P, Morgelin M, Heinegard D, Blom A. The extracellular matrix and inflammation: fibromodulin activates the classical pathway of complement by directly binding C1q. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32301-8 pubmed..Taken together our observations indicate fibromodulin as one factor involved in the sustained inflammation of the joint. ..
- Sundstøl Eriksen G, Pettersson H, Lundh T. Comparative cytotoxicity of deoxynivalenol, nivalenol, their acetylated derivatives and de-epoxy metabolites. Food Chem Toxicol. 2004;42:619-24 pubmed..The results verify previous findings that the de-epoxidation is a detoxification reaction. ..
- Molander A, Lidö H, Löf E, Ericson M, Söderpalm B. The glycine reuptake inhibitor Org 25935 decreases ethanol intake and preference in male wistar rats. Alcohol Alcohol. 2007;42:11-8 pubmed..It is suggested that Org 25935, and possibly also other GlyT1 inhibitors, can represent a new pharmacological treatment principle for alcohol dependence or abuse. ..
- Aberg V, Fällman E, Axner O, Uhlin B, Hultgren S, Almqvist F. Pilicides regulate pili expression in E. coli without affecting the functional properties of the pilus rod. Mol Biosyst. 2007;3:214-8 pubmed..The presented results establish a potential use of pilicides as chemical tools to study important biological processes e.g. adhesion, pilus biogenesis and the role of pili in infections and biofilm formation. ..
- Svensson A. The aromatase inhibitor 1,4,6-androstatriene-3,17-dione (ATD) reduces disinhibitory behavior in intact adult male rats treated with a high dose of testosterone. Behav Brain Res. 2010;206:216-22 pubmed publisher..Speculatively, aromatization may be involved in pro-impulsive effects of high testosterone doses in humans. ..
- Konagaya T, Bernsand M, Norlen P, Hakanson R. Mobilization of rat stomach ECL-cell histamine in response to short- or long-term treatment with omeprazole and/or YF 476 studied by gastric submucosal microdialysis in conscious rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2001;133:37-42 pubmed..Apparently, CCK(2) receptors of the ECL cells are subject to dynamic changes with respect to ligand-binding affinity. ..
- Elmi M, Faigle R, Yang W, Matsumoto Y, Rosenqvist E, Funa K. Mechanism of MASH1 induction by ASK1 and ATRA in adult neural progenitors. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;36:248-59 pubmed..Taken together, ASK1 and ATRA activate MEF2C and Sp1, respectively, and up-regulate MASH1 protein expression. ..
- Olsson R, Wiholm B, Sand C, Zettergren L, Hultcrantz R, Myrhed M. Liver damage from flucloxacillin, cloxacillin and dicloxacillin. J Hepatol. 1992;15:154-61 pubmed..6-2.9 per million DDD (defined daily doses) or, for flucloxacillin 1:11,000-1:30,000 prescriptions. Female sex, age and high daily doses seemed to be associated with higher risk of liver reactions from flucloxacillin. ..
- Rylander R. Plant constituents of cotton dust and lung effects after inhalation. Eur Respir J. 1988;1:812-7 pubmed..The level of airborne endotoxin was, however, equal. The results support observations from other studies on the importance of endotoxin for the development of the acute reactions observed after cotton dust exposure. ..
- Rosengren B, al Rayyes O, Rippe B. Transendothelial transport of low-density lipoprotein and albumin across the rat peritoneum in vivo: effects of the transcytosis inhibitors NEM and filipin. J Vasc Res. 2002;39:230-7 pubmed..In conclusion, neither NEM nor filipin caused reductions in albumin or LDL clearance across the peritoneal capillaries. The present data clearly show that NEM and filipin are unsuitable as transcytosis inhibitors in vivo. ..
- Liu R, Persson A. Angiotensin II stimulates calcium and nitric oxide release from Macula densa cells through AT1 receptors. Hypertension. 2004;43:649-53 pubmed..In conclusion, we found that Ang II increased [Ca(2+)](i) and stimulated NO production in MD cells from the basolateral and luminal sides through AT(1) receptors. ..
- Turkmen S, Lundgren P, Birzniece V, Zingmark E, Backstrom T, Johansson I. 3beta-20beta-dihydroxy-5alpha-pregnane (UC1011) antagonism of the GABA potentiation and the learning impairment induced in rats by allopregnanolone. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;20:1604-12 pubmed..01), in both cortical and hippocampal homogenates. In conclusion, UC1011 can via antagonism at the GABA-A receptor reduce the negative allopregnanolone effect on learning in the water maze. ..
- Klovins J, Haitina T, Ringholm A, Löwgren M, Fridmanis D, Slaidina M, et al. Cloning of two melanocortin (MC) receptors in spiny dogfish: MC3 receptor in cartilaginous fish shows high affinity to ACTH-derived peptides while it has lower preference to gamma-MSH. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:4320-31 pubmed..The study indicates that many of the important elements of the MC system existed before radiation of gnathostomes, early in vertebrate evolution, at least 450 million years ago...
- Frånberg J, Welander H, Aoki M, Winblad B, Tjernberg L, Frykman S. Rat brain gamma-secretase activity is highly influenced by detergents. Biochemistry. 2007;46:7647-54 pubmed..4% CHAPSO. Therefore, using 1% CHAPSO for solubilization and subsequently diluting the sample to 0.4% is an appropriate procedure for obtaining a soluble, highly active gamma-secretase from rat brain. ..
- Chrysis D, Zaman F, Chagin A, Takigawa M, Savendahl L. Dexamethasone induces apoptosis in proliferative chondrocytes through activation of caspases and suppression of the Akt-phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase signaling pathway. Endocrinology. 2005;146:1391-7 pubmed..Based on our in vitro data, we speculate that in vivo treatment with glucocorticoids may diminish longitudinal growth by increasing apoptosis of proliferative growth plate chondrocytes. ..
- Nyholm D, Jansson R, Willows T, Remahl I. Long-term 24-hour duodenal infusion of levodopa: outcome and dose requirements. Neurology. 2005;65:1506-7 pubmed
- Svensson A, Carlsson M, Carlsson A. Crucial role of the accumbens nucleus in the neurotransmitter interactions regulating motor control in mice. J Neural Transm Gen Sect. 1995;101:127-48 pubmed..Both glutamatergic, muscarine cholinergic, dopaminergic and alpha-adrenergic systems are involved in the control of motor functions in the accumbens nucleus...
- Kull F, Ohlson E, Haeggstrom J. Cloning and characterization of a bifunctional leukotriene A(4) hydrolase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:34683-90 pubmed..Hence, the S. cerevisiae leukotriene A(4) hydrolase is a bifunctional enzyme and appears to be an early ancestor to mammalian leukotriene A(4) hydrolases. ..
- Malmsjo M, Hou M, Harden T, Pendergast W, Pantev E, Edvinsson L, et al. Characterization of contractile P2 receptors in human coronary arteries by use of the stable pyrimidines uridine 5'-O-thiodiphosphate and uridine 5'-O-3-thiotriphosphate. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2000;293:755-60 pubmed..Antagonists of P2Y(2) and P2X receptors may be useful in the treatment of coronary vasospastic disorders. ..
- Karlstrom H, Bergman A, Lendahl U, Naslund J, Lundkvist J. A sensitive and quantitative assay for measuring cleavage of presenilin substrates. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6763-6 pubmed
- Lucas G, Hendolin P, Harkany T, Agerman K, Paratcha G, Holmgren C, et al. Neurotrophin-4 mediated TrkB activation reinforces morphine-induced analgesia. Nat Neurosci. 2003;6:221-2 pubmed
- Gerhardt H, Golding M, Fruttiger M, Ruhrberg C, Lundkvist A, Abramsson A, et al. VEGF guides angiogenic sprouting utilizing endothelial tip cell filopodia. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:1163-77 pubmed..Thus, vessel patterning during retinal angiogenesis depends on the balance between two different qualities of the extracellular VEGF-A distribution, which regulate distinct cellular responses in defined populations of endothelial cells. ..
- Birgander P, Kasrayan A, Sjoberg B. Mutant R1 proteins from Escherichia coli class Ia ribonucleotide reductase with altered responses to dATP inhibition. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:14496-501 pubmed