Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on drosophila proteins in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: drosophila proteins
Publications392 found, 100 shown here
- Tolwinski N, Wieschaus E. Armadillo nuclear import is regulated by cytoplasmic anchor Axin and nuclear anchor dTCF/Pan. Development. 2001;128:2107-17 pubmed..We find that nuclear retention is dependent on dTCF/Pangolin. This suggests that cellular distribution of Arm is controlled by an anchoring system, where various nuclear and cytoplasmic binding partners determine its localization. ..
- Vied C, Horabin J. The sex determination master switch, Sex-lethal, responds to Hedgehog signaling in the Drosophila germline. Development. 2001;128:2649-60 pubmed..This is the first demonstration that downstream components of the Hedgehog signaling pathway regulate a target other than Cubitus interruptus. ..
- Chu J, Bresnick E. Evidence that C promoter-binding factor 1 binding is required for Notch-1-mediated repression of activator protein-1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12337-45 pubmed..These results support a model in which the binding of NIC-1 to CBF1 is required for AP-1 repression and reveal a powerful cell-sensing mechanism that suppresses the levels of transcriptionally competent NIC-1. ..
- Dunlap J. Kinases and circadian clocks: per goes it alone. Dev Cell. 2004;6:160-1 pubmed
- Ayme Southgate A, Bounaix C, Riebe T, Southgate R. Assembly of the giant protein projectin during myofibrillogenesis in Drosophila indirect flight muscles. BMC Cell Biol. 2004;5:17 pubmed
- Roederer K, Cozy L, Anderson J, Kumar J. Novel dominant-negative mutation within the six domain of the conserved eye specification gene sine oculis inhibits eye development in Drosophila. Dev Dyn. 2005;232:753-66 pubmed..The mutation resides within the Six domain and may have implications for eye development and disease. ..
- Popodi E, Hoyle H, Turner F, Raff E. The proximal region of the beta-tubulin C-terminal tail is sufficient for axoneme assembly. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2005;62:48-64 pubmed..Therefore, beta2Delta7 males would be at a selective disadvantage and it is likely that the full-length C-terminus would be essential in the wild and in evolution. ..
- Snee M, Harrison D, Yan N, Macdonald P. A late phase of Oskar accumulation is crucial for posterior patterning of the Drosophila embryo, and is blocked by ectopic expression of Bruno. Differentiation. 2007;75:246-55 pubmed..Taken together, these results strongly argue that a late phase in accumulation of Osk protein, typically not monitored because of imperviousness of late stage oocytes to antibodies, is crucial for body patterning. ..
- Al Anzi B, Armand E, Nagamei P, Olszewski M, Sapin V, Waters C, et al. The leucokinin pathway and its neurons regulate meal size in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2010;20:969-78 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the roles of the tachykinin system in regulating food intake might be evolutionarily conserved between insects and vertebrates. ..
- Reich J, Papoulas O. Caprin controls follicle stem cell fate in the Drosophila ovary. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35365 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the idea that translational regulators may provide a conserved mechanism for oversight of developmentally critical cell cycles such as those in stem cell populations. ..
- Das S, Chen Q, Saucier J, Drescher B, Zong Y, Morgan S, et al. The Drosophila T-box transcription factor Midline functions within the Notch-Delta signaling pathway to specify sensory organ precursor cell fates and regulates cell survival within the eye imaginal disc. Mech Dev. 2013;130:577-601 pubmed publisher
- Shukla J, Palli S. Tribolium castaneum Transformer-2 regulates sex determination and development in both males and females. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;43:1125-32 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a critical role for Tra-2 in suppression of female sex determination cascade in males. In addition, RNAi studies showed that Tra-2 is also required for successful embryonic and larval development in both sexes. ..
- Gokhale A, Mullin A, Zlatic S, Easley C, Merritt M, Raj N, et al. The N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor and dysbindin interact to modulate synaptic plasticity. J Neurosci. 2015;35:7643-53 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that dysbindin/BLOC-1 expression defects result in altered cellular content of proteins of the vesicle fusion apparatus and therefore influence synaptic plasticity. ..
- Kaye E, Kurbidaeva A, Wolle D, Aoki T, Schedl P, Larschan E. Drosophila Dosage Compensation Loci Associate with a Boundary-Forming Insulator Complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Moreover, reducing the levels of two LBC components compromises MSL recruitment. Finally, we show that several of the CES that are physically linked to each other in vivo are LBC interactors. ..
- Muskavitch M. Delta-notch signaling and Drosophila cell fate choice. Dev Biol. 1994;166:415-30 pubmed
- Kussick S, Basler K, Cooper J. Ras1-dependent signaling by ectopically-expressed Drosophila src gene product in the embryo and developing eye. Oncogene. 1993;8:2791-803 pubmed..These results suggest that over-expressed Dsrc may function through Ras1 to stimulate differentiation in the embryonic nervous system and eye imaginal disc, and that kinase-active Dsrc interferes with these processes. ..
- Bush A, Hiromi Y, Cole M. Biparous: a novel bHLH gene expressed in neuronal and glial precursors in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 1996;180:759-72 pubmed..The bHLH domain is sufficiently different from previously described bHLH domains to imply a novel function. ..
- Guss K, Nelson C, Hudson A, Kraus M, Carroll S. Control of a genetic regulatory network by a selector gene. Science. 2001;292:1164-7 pubmed..The obligate integration of selector and signaling protein inputs on cis-regulatory DNA may be a general mechanism by which selector proteins control extensive genetic regulatory networks during development. ..
- Hawley R. Altered nuclear transport and the most selfish of genes. Dev Cell. 2001;1:311-3 pubmed..A recent paper by Kusano et al. (2001) provides a key molecular insight into the molecular mechanism by which one chromosome can ensure the destruction of its partner. ..
- Park Y, Kim Y, Adams M. Identification of G protein-coupled receptors for Drosophila PRXamide peptides, CCAP, corazonin, and AKH supports a theory of ligand-receptor coevolution. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:11423-8 pubmed..These findings support a theory of coevolution for NMU and Drosophila PRXa peptides and their respective receptors. ..
- Kiss J, Mullen J, Correll M, Hangarter R. Phytochromes A and B mediate red-light-induced positive phototropism in roots. Plant Physiol. 2003;131:1411-7 pubmed..Although phytochrome has been shown to mediate phototropism in some lower plant groups, this is one of the few reports indicating a phytochrome-dependent phototropism in flowering plants. ..
- Wesley C, Mok L. Regulation of Notch signaling by a novel mechanism involving suppressor of hairless stability and carboxyl terminus-truncated notch. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:5581-93 pubmed..This mechanism involves SuH-dependent stability of NFull, NFull-dependent accumulation of SuH, stage specific stability of SuH, and NdeltaCterm-dependent loss of SuH and NFull. ..
- Snee M, Macdonald P. Live imaging of nuage and polar granules: evidence against a precursor-product relationship and a novel role for Oskar in stabilization of polar granule components. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:2109-20 pubmed
- Wang H, Kazemi Esfarjani P, Benzer S. Multiple-stress analysis for isolation of Drosophila longevity genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:12610-5 pubmed..Overexpression of either hsp26 or hsp27 extended the mean lifespan by 30%, and the flies also displayed increased stress resistance. The results demonstrate that multiple-stress screening can be used to identify new longevity genes. ..
- Dominguez R. Actin-binding proteins--a unifying hypothesis. Trends Biochem Sci. 2004;29:572-8 pubmed..As the pocket remains accessible in F-actin, it is proposed that this pocket represents a primary target for F-actin-binding proteins, such as calponin-homology-related proteins and myosin. ..
- Jordan K, Hatfield S, Tworoger M, Ward E, Fischer K, Bowers S, et al. Genome wide analysis of transcript levels after perturbation of the EGFR pathway in the Drosophila ovary. Dev Dyn. 2005;232:709-24 pubmed
- Cohen R, Zhang S, Dollar G. The positional, structural, and sequence requirements of the Drosophila TLS RNA localization element. RNA. 2005;11:1017-29 pubmed..This unexpected finding raises important questions as to how the many hundreds of other mRNAs that are known or thought to exhibit K10 and Orb-like localization are localized. ..
- Zhang W, Li B, Singh R, Narendra U, Zhu L, Weiss M. Regulation of sexual dimorphism: mutational and chemogenetic analysis of the doublesex DM domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:535-47 pubmed..Together, these results provide molecular links between the structure of the DM domain and its function in the regulation of sexual dimorphism. ..
- Kalifa Y, Huang T, Rosen L, Chatterjee S, Gavis E. Glorund, a Drosophila hnRNP F/H homolog, is an ovarian repressor of nanos translation. Dev Cell. 2006;10:291-301 pubmed..These data, together with the analysis of a glorund null mutant, reveal a specific role for an hnRNP in repression of nanos translation during oogenesis. ..
- Smith S, Jaspersen S, Hawley R. Matrimony ties Polo down: can this kinase get free?. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:698-701 pubmed
- Kremer S, Erdeniz N, Peterson Nedry W, Swanson E, Wehrli M. In vivo analysis in Drosophila reveals differential requirements of contact residues in Axin for interactions with GSK3beta or beta-catenin. Dev Biol. 2010;337:110-23 pubmed publisher..Two Axin point mutants within the Armadillo binding domain were weak alleles and retained most function. These findings demonstrate the importance of in vivo verification of the role of specific amino acids within a protein. ..
- Zhang L, Ward R. Distinct tissue distributions and subcellular localizations of differently phosphorylated forms of the myosin regulatory light chain in Drosophila. Gene Expr Patterns. 2011;11:93-104 pubmed publisher..These antibodies thus have the potential to be very useful in monitoring myosin activation for functional studies of morphogenesis in Drosophila. ..
- Kiss D, Hou D, Gross R, Andrulis E. Dis3- and exosome subunit-responsive 3' mRNA instability elements. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;423:461-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings imply a potentially novel mechanism of mRNA turnover that involves direct Dis3 and other exosome subunit recruitment to and/or regulation on mRNA substrates. ..
- Lee J, Fischer J. Drosophila Tel2 is expressed as a translational fusion with EpsinR and is a regulator of wingless signaling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46357 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Tel2 modulates E-cadherin and Armadillo cellular dynamics. We propose that at least one of the functions of Drosophila Tel2 is regulation of Wingless signaling. ..
- Kapuria S, Karpac J, Biteau B, Hwangbo D, Jasper H. Notch-mediated suppression of TSC2 expression regulates cell differentiation in the Drosophila intestinal stem cell lineage. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003045 pubmed publisher..Regulation of TSC/TOR activity by N signaling thus emerges as critical for maintenance and differentiation in somatic stem cell lineages. ..
- Wiemerslage L, Schultz B, Ganguly A, Lee D. Selective degeneration of dopaminergic neurons by MPP(+) and its rescue by D2 autoreceptors in Drosophila primary culture. J Neurochem. 2013;126:529-40 pubmed publisher..Our study also showed that rescue of DA neurodegeneration by Drosophila DD2R activation was mediated through suppression of action potentials in DA neurons. ..
- Tie F, Banerjee R, Saiakhova A, Howard B, Monteith K, Scacheri P, et al. Trithorax monomethylates histone H3K4 and interacts directly with CBP to promote H3K27 acetylation and antagonize Polycomb silencing. Development. 2014;141:1129-39 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the catalytic activities of TRX and CBP are physically coupled and suggest that both activities play roles in antagonizing Polycomb silencing, stimulating enhancer activity and cellular memory...
- LING F, Dahanukar A, Weiss L, Kwon J, Carlson J. The molecular and cellular basis of taste coding in the legs of Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2014;34:7148-64 pubmed publisher..Integration of the molecular and physiological maps provides insight into the underlying basis of taste coding. ..
- Rulifson E, Blair S. Notch regulates wingless expression and is not required for reception of the paracrine wingless signal during wing margin neurogenesis in Drosophila. Development. 1995;121:2813-24 pubmed..Furthermore, overexpression of wingless with a heat shock-wingless construct rescued the loss of sensory precursors associated with the early loss of Notch. ..
- Browne D, Gancher S, Nutt J, Brunt E, Smith E, Kramer P, et al. Episodic ataxia/myokymia syndrome is associated with point mutations in the human potassium channel gene, KCNA1. Nat Genet. 1994;8:136-40 pubmed..Mutation analysis of the KCNA1 coding region in these families identified four different missense point mutations present in the heterozygous state, indicating that EA/myokymia can result from mutations in this gene. ..
- Crow J. Unmasking a cheating gene. Science. 1999;283:1651-2 pubmed
- Li L, Vaessin H. Pan-neural Prospero terminates cell proliferation during Drosophila neurogenesis. Genes Dev. 2000;14:147-51 pubmed..pros activity, hence, provides a critical regulatory link between neuronal lineage development and transcriptional regulation of cell cycle regulatory genes. ..
- Chang W, Bohm R, Strauss J, Kwan T, Thomas T, Cowmeadow R, et al. Muscle-specific transcriptional regulation of the slowpoke Ca(2+)-activated K(+) channel gene. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3991-8 pubmed..We identified 55-, 214-, and 20-nucleotide sequences that control promoter activity. Different combinations of these elements activate the promoter in adult muscle, larval muscle, and tracheal cells. ..
- Jordan K, Clegg N, Blasi J, Morimoto A, Sen J, Stein D, et al. The homeobox gene mirror links EGF signalling to embryonic dorso-ventral axis formation through notch activation. Nat Genet. 2000;24:429-33 pubmed
- Bhadra U, Pal Bhadra M, Birchler J. Histone acetylation and gene expression analysis of sex lethal mutants in Drosophila. Genetics. 2000;155:753-63 pubmed..In both cases we find relatively little effect upon X chromosomal gene expression. ..
- Hogenesch J, Gu Y, Moran S, Shimomura K, Radcliffe L, Takahashi J, et al. The basic helix-loop-helix-PAS protein MOP9 is a brain-specific heterodimeric partner of circadian and hypoxia factors. J Neurosci. 2000;20:RC83 pubmed..Importantly, MOP9 is coexpressed with CLOCK in the suprachiasmatic nucleus, the site of the master circadian oscillator in mammals. ..
- Kirkpatrick H, Johnson K, Laughon A. Repression of dpp targets by binding of brinker to mad sites. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:18216-22 pubmed..Finally, we provide evidence that Brk is capable of functioning as an active repressor. Thus, whereas Brk and Mad compete for regulation of Ubx and vg, Brk may regulate other Dpp targets without direct involvement of Mad. ..
- Hoopengardner B, Helfand S. Temperature compensation and temporal expression mediated by an enhancer element in Drosophila. Mech Dev. 2002;110:27-37 pubmed..A 120 bp region can reproduce the general features of the larger EAE fragment. The Deformed binding site is essential for temporal and spatial expression of beta-galactosidase during embryogenesis but is not required in the adult. ..
- Narendra U, Zhu L, Li B, Wilken J, Weiss M. Sex-specific gene regulation. The Doublesex DM motif is a bipartite DNA-binding domain. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43463-73 pubmed..Conserved arginine and glutamine residues in the tail are required for high affinity DNA recognition, consistent with its proposed role as a nascent recognition alpha-helix. ..
- Dunlap J. Physiology. Running a clock requires quality time together. Science. 2006;311:184-6 pubmed
- Banerjee P, Nayar S, Hebbar S, Fox C, Jacobs M, Park J, et al. Substitution of critical isoleucines in the KH domains of Drosophila fragile X protein results in partial loss-of-function phenotypes. Genetics. 2007;175:1241-50 pubmed
- Zhang L, Ward R. uninflatable encodes a novel ectodermal apical surface protein required for tracheal inflation in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2009;336:201-12 pubmed publisher..Tracheal tubes in mutant larvae are often crushed or twisted, although tracheal patterning and maturation appear normal during embryogenesis. uif mutant larvae also show defects in tracheal growth and molting of their tracheal cuticle. ..
- Fathallah Shaykh H, Bona J, Kadener S. Mathematical model of the Drosophila circadian clock: loop regulation and transcriptional integration. Biophys J. 2009;97:2399-408 pubmed publisher..Loop regulation and integration of opposite transcriptional signals appear to be central mechanisms as they also explain paradoxical effects of period gain-of-function and null mutations. ..
- Jiang H, Lkhagva A, Daubnerova I, Chae H, Simo L, Jung S, et al. Natalisin, a tachykinin-like signaling system, regulates sexual activity and fecundity in insects. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E3526-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the taxonomic distribution pattern of the natalisin gene and the phylogeny of the receptor suggest that natalisin is an ancestral sibling of tachykinin that evolved only in the arthropod lineage. ..
- Deshpande G, Zhou K, Wan J, Friedrich J, Jourjine N, Smith D, et al. The hedgehog pathway gene shifted functions together with the hmgcr-dependent isoprenoid biosynthetic pathway to orchestrate germ cell migration. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003720 pubmed publisher..Finally, potentiation of Hh by hmgcr appears to depend upon cholesterol modification. ..
- Zhang B, Rotelli M, Dixon M, Calvi B. The function of Drosophila p53 isoforms in apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 2015;22:2058-67 pubmed publisher..Together, our data show that it is the shorter p53A isoform that mediates the apoptotic response to DNA damage, and further suggest that p53B and shorter isoforms have specialized functions. ..
- Hicks J, Williams D. Distribution of the myosin I-like ninaC proteins in the Drosophila retina and ultrastructural analysis of mutant phenotypes. J Cell Sci. 1992;101 ( Pt 1):247-54 pubmed..In the photoreceptor cell cytoplasm, the number of multivesicular bodies in the null mutant, but not the P221 mutant, was 3-fold greater in comparison with wild-type.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Pollock J, Ellisman M, Benzer S. Subcellular localization of transcripts in Drosophila photoreceptor neurons: chaoptic mutants have an aberrant distribution. Genes Dev. 1990;4:806-21 pubmed..The results indicate that the normal chaoptic transcript is present on the rough endoplasmic reticulum, which may be a vehicle for specific transcript distribution. ..
- Kreuz A, Simcox A, Maughan D. Alterations in flight muscle ultrastructure and function in Drosophila tropomyosin mutants. J Cell Biol. 1996;135:673-87 pubmed..In contrast, reduced expression of the TnH isoforms has an unexpectedly mild effect on IFM structure and function. ..
- Rogers B, Peterson M, Kaufman T. Evolution of the insect body plan as revealed by the Sex combs reduced expression pattern. Development. 1997;124:149-57 pubmed
- Saunders C, Cohen R. Double FISH and FISH-fluorescence immunolocalization procedures for whole-mount Drosophila ovaries. Biotechniques. 1999;26:186-8 pubmed
- Ganetzky B. Yuichiro Hiraizumi and forty years of segregation distortion. Genetics. 1999;152:1-4 pubmed
- Bhadra U, Pal Bhadra M, Birchler J. Role of the male specific lethal (msl) genes in modifying the effects of sex chromosomal dosage in Drosophila. Genetics. 1999;152:249-68 pubmed
- Hsu T, McRackan D, Vincent T, Gert de Couet H. Drosophila Pin1 prolyl isomerase Dodo is a MAP kinase signal responder during oogenesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:538-43 pubmed..Its function is to facilitate the degradation of transcription factor CF2, which requires, a priori, activated epidermal growth factor receptor-MAPK signalling. ..
- Pearlman E. Immunopathogenesis of Onchocerca volvulus keratitis (river blindness): a novel role for endosymbiotic Wolbachia bacteria. Med Microbiol Immunol. 2003;192:57-60 pubmed..These observations have led to a new understanding of the pathogenesis of this disease..
- Kusch T, Guelman S, Abmayr S, Workman J. Two Drosophila Ada2 homologues function in different multiprotein complexes. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3305-19 pubmed..This suggests that the mammalian and fly homologues of the transcriptional adapter Ada2 form two functionally distinct subgroups with unique characteristics. ..
- Zhang L, Li Z, Yan J, Pradhan P, Corpora T, Cheney M, et al. Mutagenesis of the Runt domain defines two energetic hot spots for heterodimerization with the core binding factor beta subunit. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:33097-104 pubmed..The importance of the hot spot residues for Runx1 function was demonstrated in in vivo transient transfection assays. These data refine the structural analyses and further our understanding of the Runx1-CBF beta interface. ..
- Park T, Haigo S, Wallingford J. Ciliogenesis defects in embryos lacking inturned or fuzzy function are associated with failure of planar cell polarity and Hedgehog signaling. Nat Genet. 2006;38:303-11 pubmed publisher..Together, these data highlight the interrelationships between cell polarity, cellular morphogenesis, signal transduction and cell fate specification...
- Matakatsu H, Blair S. Separating the adhesive and signaling functions of the Fat and Dachsous protocadherins. Development. 2006;133:2315-24 pubmed..Finally, we show that ft mutants or a dominant-negative Ft construct can affect disc growth without changes in the expression of wingless and Wingless target genes. ..
- Jeong S, Rokas A, Carroll S. Regulation of body pigmentation by the Abdominal-B Hox protein and its gain and loss in Drosophila evolution. Cell. 2006;125:1387-99 pubmed..These results demonstrate how Hox regulation of traits and target genes is gained and lost at the species level and have general implications for the evolution of body form at higher taxonomic levels. ..
- Von Ohlen T, Syu L, Mellerick D. Conserved properties of the Drosophila homeodomain protein, Ind. Mech Dev. 2007;124:925-34 pubmed..Taken together, these results point to conserved mechanisms used by Gsh/Ind-type homeodomain protein in regulating the expression of target genes. ..
- Xiang Y, Takeo S, Florens L, Hughes S, Huo L, Gilliland W, et al. The inhibition of polo kinase by matrimony maintains G2 arrest in the meiotic cell cycle. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e323 pubmed..Our data suggest a model in which the eventual activation of Cdc25 by an excess of Polo at stage 13 triggers NEB and entry into prometaphase. ..
- Gavin B, Arruda S, Dolph P. The role of carcinine in signaling at the Drosophila photoreceptor synapse. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e206 pubmed..We also speculate that the oscillations observed in mutant ine ERG traces are the result of the aberrant activity of a putative H(3) receptor. ..
- Ebacher D, Todi S, Eberl D, Boekhoff Falk G. Cut mutant Drosophila auditory organs differentiate abnormally and degenerate. Fly (Austin). 2007;1:86-94 pubmed..We speculate that Cut functions in conjunction with these factors to regulate transcription of as yet unidentified targets...
- Cai Y, Laughon A. The Drosophila Smad cofactor Schnurri engages in redundant and synergistic interactions with multiple corepressors. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1789:232-45 pubmed..In addition we find that Shn harbors a region capable of transcriptional activation, consistent with evidence that Schnurri can function as an activator as well as a repressor. ..
- Shepherd A, Wesley U, Wesley C. Notch and delta mRNAs in early-stage and mid-stage drosophila embryos exhibit complementary patterns of protein-producing potentials. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:1220-33 pubmed publisher..Our data also raise the possibility that the manner and regulation of Notch signaling change in the course of embryogenesis and that this change is effected by 3' UTR and mRNA 3' processing factors...
- Kim T, Chen Y, Mount C, Gombotz W, Li X, Pun S. Evaluation of temperature-sensitive, indocyanine green-encapsulating micelles for noninvasive near-infrared tumor imaging. Pharm Res. 2010;27:1900-13 pubmed publisher..Solid tumors in mice were specifically visualized after intravenous administration of ICG-loaded micelles. These materials are therefore promising formulations for noninvasive NIR tumor imaging applications. ..
- Parrott B, Hudson A, Brady R, Schulz C. Control of germline stem cell division frequency--a novel, developmentally regulated role for epidermal growth factor signaling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36460 pubmed publisher..In addition, regulation of GSC division frequency is a specific role for EGF signaling as it is not affected in all tumor models. These data advance our understanding concerning stem cell dynamics in normal tissues and in a tumor model. ..
- Simcox A. Progress towards Drosophila epithelial cell culture. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;945:1-11 pubmed publisher..It is expected that Drosophila epithelial cell lines will have great utility for in vitro analysis of epithelial biology, particularly high-throughput analyses such as RNAi screens. ..
- Highfill C, Tran J, Nguyen S, Moldenhauer T, Wang X, Macdonald S. Naturally Segregating Variation at Ugt86Dd Contributes to Nicotine Resistance in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2017;207:311-325 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, this putatively causative coding InDel can be a launchpad for future mechanistic exploration of xenobiotic detoxification. ..
- Staehling Hampton K, Jackson P, Clark M, Brand A, Hoffmann F. Specificity of bone morphogenetic protein-related factors: cell fate and gene expression changes in Drosophila embryos induced by decapentaplegic but not 60A. Cell Growth Differ. 1994;5:585-93 pubmed
- Megraw T, Li K, Kao L, Kaufman T. The centrosomin protein is required for centrosome assembly and function during cleavage in Drosophila. Development. 1999;126:2829-39 pubmed..These results suggest that Centrosomin is required for the assembly and function of centrosomes during the syncytial cleavage divisions. ..
- Frederick R, Ahmad M, Majerczak D, Arroyo Rodríguez A, Manulis S, Coplin D. Genetic organization of the Pantoea stewartii subsp. stewartii hrp gene cluster and sequence analysis of the hrpA, hrpC, hrpN, and wtsE operons. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2001;14:1213-22 pubmed..wtsE encodes a 201-kDa protein that is similar to DspE in E. amylovora and AvrE in P. syringae pv. tomato, suggesting that this protein is a major virulence factor involved in the elicitation of water-soaked lesions. ..
- Hunter C, Sung P, Schejter E, Wieschaus E. Conserved domains of the Nullo protein required for cell-surface localization and formation of adherens junctions. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:146-57 pubmed..The membrane association of Nullo is required in vivo for its role in basal junction formation and for its ability to block apical junction formation when ectopically expressed during late cellularization. ..
- Wittkopp P, True J, Carroll S. Reciprocal functions of the Drosophila yellow and ebony proteins in the development and evolution of pigment patterns. Development. 2002;129:1849-58 pubmed..These findings provide a developmental and genetic framework for understanding the evolution of melanin patterns. ..