Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on drosophila melanogaster in Germany
Topic: drosophila melanogaster
Publications211 found, 100 shown here
- Rudolph T, Yonezawa M, Lein S, Heidrich K, Kubicek S, Schafer C, et al. Heterochromatin formation in Drosophila is initiated through active removal of H3K4 methylation by the LSD1 homolog SU(VAR)3-3. Mol Cell. 2007;26:103-15 pubmed
- Burse A, Frick S, Schmidt A, Buechler R, Kunert M, Gershenzon J, et al. Implication of HMGR in homeostasis of sequestered and de novo produced precursors of the iridoid biosynthesis in leaf beetle larvae. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;38:76-88 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrated that HMGR activity is not only diminished in iridoid producers but most likely prevalent within the Chrysomelina subtribe and also within the insecta. ..
- Solon J, Kaya Copur A, Colombelli J, Brunner D. Pulsed forces timed by a ratchet-like mechanism drive directed tissue movement during dorsal closure. Cell. 2009;137:1331-42 pubmed publisher..Our work uncovers a sophisticated mechanism of cooperative force generation between two major forces driving morphogenesis...
- Meyer H, Panz M, Zmojdzian M, Jagla K, Paululat A. Neprilysin 4, a novel endopeptidase from Drosophila melanogaster, displays distinct substrate specificities and exceptional solubility states. J Exp Biol. 2009;212:3673-83 pubmed publisher..Heterologously expressed NEP4 exhibited substrate preferences comparable to human neprilysin 2 with distinct cleavage of substance P and angiotensin I. ..
- Halder P, Chen Y, Brauckhoff J, Hofbauer A, Dabauvalle M, Lewandrowski U, et al. Identification of Eps15 as antigen recognized by the monoclonal antibodies aa2 and ab52 of the Wuerzburg Hybridoma Library against Drosophila brain. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29352 pubmed publisher..Analysis of a mutant of a candidate gene identified the Drosophila homolog of the Epidermal growth factor receptor Pathway Substrate clone 15 (Eps15) as the antigen for these two antibodies...
- Pesch Y, Riedel D, Patil K, Loch G, Behr M. Chitinases and Imaginal disc growth factors organize the extracellular matrix formation at barrier tissues in insects. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18340 pubmed publisher..Conservation of Chts and Idgfs proposes analogous roles in ECM dynamics across the insect taxa, indicating that Chts/Idgfs are new targets for species specific pest control. ..
- Schafer M, Kuhn R, Bosse F, Schafer U. A conserved element in the leader mediates post-meiotic translation as well as cytoplasmic polyadenylation of a Drosophila spermatocyte mRNA. EMBO J. 1990;9:4519-25 pubmed..We present evidence that the control for this additional polyadenylation also resides within the conserved element of the leader. ..
- Muller U. Neuronal cAMP-dependent protein kinase type II is concentrated in mushroom bodies of Drosophila melanogaster and the honeybee Apis mellifera. J Neurobiol. 1997;33:33-44 pubmed
- Albert S, Twardzik T, Heisenberg M, Schneuwly S. Isolation and characterization of the droPIK57 gene encoding a new regulatory subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase from Drosophila melanogaster. Gene. 1997;198:181-9 pubmed..In-situ hybridization and Northern blot analysis indicate a widespread function of this gene during embryogenesis and in the CNS. ..
- Petri B, Stengl M. Phase response curves of a molecular model oscillator: implications for mutual coupling of paired oscillators. J Biol Rhythms. 2001;16:125-41 pubmed
- Volff J, Hornung U, Schartl M. Fish retroposons related to the Penelope element of Drosophila virilis define a new group of retrotransposable elements. Mol Genet Genomics. 2001;265:711-20 pubmed..Overall, therefore, the evidence strongly suggests that these sequences represent a new group of retrotransposable elements. ..
- Novotny T, Eiselt R, Urban J. Hunchback is required for the specification of the early sublineage of neuroblast 7-3 in the Drosophila central nervous system. Development. 2002;129:1027-36 pubmed
- Thum A, Knapek S, Rister J, Dierichs Schmitt E, Heisenberg M, Tanimoto H. Differential potencies of effector genes in adult Drosophila. J Comp Neurol. 2006;498:194-203 pubmed..Altogether, the efficiency of effector genes depends on properties of the targeted neurons. Thus, we conclude that the selection of the appropriate effector gene is critical for evaluating the function of neural circuits. ..
- Zimek A, Weber K. In contrast to the nematode and fruit fly all 9 intron positions of the sea anemone lamin gene are conserved in human lamin genes. Eur J Cell Biol. 2008;87:305-9 pubmed publisher..Here the lamin genes have much fewer introns and these occur often at novel positions. In the single nematode lamin gene and the Drosophila lamin Dmo gene no intron position coincides with an intron in the sea anemone lamin gene. ..
- Wagner C, Isermann K, Fehrenbach H, Roeder T. Molecular architecture of the fruit fly's airway epithelial immune system. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:446 pubmed publisher..This architecture will allow reacting if confronted with different bacterial or fungal elicitors by activation of a multitude of effectors. ..
- Gebhardt J, Okten Z, Rief M. The lever arm effects a mechanical asymmetry of the myosin-V-actin bond. Biophys J. 2010;98:277-81 pubmed publisher..This asymmetry of unbinding force distributions in a single headed myosin forms the basis of the two-headed asymmetry. Under load, the lever arm functions as a true lever in a mechanical sense. ..
- Franz T, Li X. The OASIS® HLB ?Elution plate as a one-step platform for manual high-throughput in-gel digestion of proteins and peptide desalting. Proteomics. 2012;12:2487-92 pubmed publisher..In this article, a complete and detailed protocol for the use of the OASIS® HLB ?Elution plate is introduced and its effectiveness is shown with 2D- and 1D-gel samples. ..
- Godt D, Schrons H, Guth S, Campos Ortega J. The distribution of transcripts of neurogenic genes in neurogenic mutants of Drosophila melanogaster. J Neurogenet. 1991;7:241-52 pubmed..We discuss these results in relation to the events of early neurogenesis. ..
- Funk N, Becker S, Huber S, Brunner M, Buchner E. Targeted mutagenesis of the Sap47 gene of Drosophila: flies lacking the synapse associated protein of 47 kDa are viable and fertile. BMC Neurosci. 2004;5:16 pubmed..The tools developed in this study will now allow a detailed analysis of the molecular, cellular and systemic function of the SAP47 protein in Drosophila. ..
- Korenjak M, Taylor Harding B, Binné U, Satterlee J, Stevaux O, Aasland R, et al. Native E2F/RBF complexes contain Myb-interacting proteins and repress transcription of developmentally controlled E2F target genes. Cell. 2004;119:181-93 pubmed..These results reveal an extensive evolutionary conservation of specific pRb repressor complexes that physically combine subunits with established roles in the regulation of transcription, DNA replication, and chromatin structure. ..
- Gopfert M, Albert J, Nadrowski B, Kamikouchi A. Specification of auditory sensitivity by Drosophila TRP channels. Nat Neurosci. 2006;9:999-1000 pubmed..The combined function of these channels specifies the sensitivity of the fly auditory organ. ..
- Jinek M, Eulalio A, Lingel A, Helms S, Conti E, Izaurralde E. The C-terminal region of Ge-1 presents conserved structural features required for P-body localization. RNA. 2008;14:1991-8 pubmed publisher..The conservation of critical surface and structural residues suggests that the C-terminal region adopts a similar fold with conserved functions in all members of the Ge-1 protein family. ..
- Gleixner E, Abriss D, Adryan B, Kraemer M, Gerlach F, Schuh R, et al. Oxygen-induced changes in hemoglobin expression in Drosophila. FEBS J. 2008;275:5108-16 pubmed publisher..Rather, dmeglob1 may protect the fly from an excess of O2, either by buffering the flux of O2 from the tracheoles to the cells or by degrading noxious reactive oxygen species. ..
- Nunes da Fonseca R, van der Zee M, Roth S. Evolution of extracellular Dpp modulators in insects: The roles of tolloid and twisted-gastrulation in dorsoventral patterning of the Tribolium embryo. Dev Biol. 2010;345:80-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that the role of Tsg proteins for BMP gradient formation has changed during insect evolution. ..
- Friberg A, Oddone A, Klymenko T, Muller J, Sattler M. Structure of an atypical Tudor domain in the Drosophila Polycomblike protein. Protein Sci. 2010;19:1906-16 pubmed publisher..Structural comparison with other Tudor domains suggests that Pcl-Tudor may engage in intra- or intermolecular interactions through an exposed hydrophobic surface patch. ..
- Ernst I, Pallauf K, Bendall J, Paulsen L, Nikolai S, Huebbe P, et al. Vitamin E supplementation and lifespan in model organisms. Ageing Res Rev. 2013;12:365-75 pubmed publisher..The findings of our literature review suggest that there is no consistent beneficial effect of vitamin E on lifespan in model organisms which is consistent with reports in human intervention studies. ..
- Galluzzi L, Baehrecke E, Ballabio A, Boya P, Bravo San Pedro J, Cecconi F, et al. Molecular definitions of autophagy and related processes. EMBO J. 2017;36:1811-1836 pubmed publisher..The ultimate objective of this collaborative exchange is to formulate recommendations that facilitate the dissemination of knowledge within and outside the field of autophagy research. ..
- Harhangi H, Sun X, Wang Y, Akhmanova A, Miedema K, Heyting C, et al. RADHA--a new male germ line-specific chromosomal protein of Drosophila. Chromosoma. 1999;108:235-42 pubmed..RADHA is a basic protein with a C-terminal leucine zipper region and several segments capable of forming coiled-coil structures. ..
- Gromer S, Gross J. Methylseleninate is a substrate rather than an inhibitor of mammalian thioredoxin reductase. Implications for the antitumor effects of selenium. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:9701-6 pubmed..This suggests that the catalytic selenocysteine residue of mammalian thioredoxin reductase is essential for methylseleninate reduction. ..
- Eroglu C, Cronet P, Panneels V, Beaufils P, Sinning I. Functional reconstitution of purified metabotropic glutamate receptor expressed in the fly eye. EMBO Rep. 2002;3:491-6 pubmed..Pure DmGluRA was then reconstituted into liposomes of varying composition. Interestingly, glutamate binding was strictly dependent on the presence of ergosterol. ..
- Mao B, Wu W, Davidson G, Marhold J, Li M, Mechler B, et al. Kremen proteins are Dickkopf receptors that regulate Wnt/beta-catenin signalling. Nature. 2002;417:664-7 pubmed..The results indicate that Kremen1 and Kremen2 are components of a membrane complex modulating canonical Wnt signalling through LRP6 in vertebrates. ..
- Presgraves D. Recombination enhances protein adaptation in Drosophila melanogaster. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1651-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that the capacity to respond to natural selection varies with recombination rate across the genome, consistent with theory on the evolutionary advantages of sex and recombination. ..
- Vömel M, Wegener C. Neurotransmitter-induced changes in the intracellular calcium concentration suggest a differential central modulation of CCAP neuron subsets in Drosophila. Dev Neurobiol. 2007;67:792-808 pubmed..Our results suggest that N(CCAP) express functional receptors for ACh, glutamate, and GABA, and indicate that these transmitters are involved in a context-dependent regulation of functionally distinct N(CCAP) subsets. ..
- ..Here we will summarize the current genetic approaches to generate different type of insertional and deletion mutations using specifically designed P-elements. ..
- Huntzinger E, Kashima I, Fauser M, Sauliere J, Izaurralde E. SMG6 is the catalytic endonuclease that cleaves mRNAs containing nonsense codons in metazoan. RNA. 2008;14:2609-17 pubmed publisher..Unexpectedly, we found that the catalytic activity of SMG6 contributes to the degradation of PTC-containing mRNAs in human cells. Thus, SMG6 is a conserved endonuclease that degrades mRNAs terminating translation prematurely in metazoa. ..
- Parsch J, Zhang Z, Baines J. The influence of demography and weak selection on the McDonald-Kreitman test: an empirical study in Drosophila. Mol Biol Evol. 2009;26:691-8 pubmed publisher..This is inconsistent with currently accepted demographic scenarios and may reflect female-specific changes in selective constraint following the colonization of non-African habitats. ..
- Raghu S, Joesch M, Sigrist S, Borst A, Reiff D. Synaptic organization of lobula plate tangential cells in Drosophila: Dalpha7 cholinergic receptors. J Neurogenet. 2009;23:200-9 pubmed publisher..The underlying mechanism that ensures appropriate nAChR-mediated synaptic currents and the functional implications of separate sets or heteromultimeric nAChRs can now be addressed in this system. ..
- Plomann M, Wittmann J, Rudolph M. A hinge in the distal end of the PACSIN 2 F-BAR domain may contribute to membrane-curvature sensing. J Mol Biol. 2010;400:129-36 pubmed publisher..We define hinge residues for these movements that may help PACSINs sense and concomitantly reinforce membrane curvature. ..
- Dottermusch Heidel C, Groth V, Beck L, Onel S. The Arf-GEF Schizo/Loner regulates N-cadherin to induce fusion competence of Drosophila myoblasts. Dev Biol. 2012;368:18-27 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings, we propose a model where N-cadherin must be removed from the myoblast membrane to induce a protein-free zone at the cell-cell contact point to permit fusion. ..
- Zhang L, Karsten P, Hamm S, Pogson J, MÃ¼ller Rischart A, Exner N, et al. TRAP1 rescues PINK1 loss-of-function phenotypes. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:2829-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest a functional role of TRAP1 in maintaining mitochondrial integrity downstream of PINK1 and complex I deficits but parallel to or upstream of Parkin. ..
- Esslinger S, Schwalb B, Helfer S, Michalik K, Witte H, Maier K, et al. Drosophila miR-277 controls branched-chain amino acid catabolism and affects lifespan. RNA Biol. 2013;10:1042-56 pubmed publisher..Transgenic inhibition with a miRNA sponge construct also shortens lifespan, in particular on protein-rich food. Thus, optimal metabolic adaptation appears to require tuning of cellular BCAA catabolism by miR-277. ..
- Lehmann M, Siegmund T, Lintermann K, Korge G. The pipsqueak protein of Drosophila melanogaster binds to GAGA sequences through a novel DNA-binding domain. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:28504-9 pubmed..Psq may thus represent the prototype of a new family of DNA-binding proteins...
- Bohrmann J, Braun B. Na,K-ATPase and V-ATPase in ovarian follicles of Drosophila melanogaster. Biol Cell. 1999;91:85-98 pubmed
- Stollewerk A. Changes in cell shape in the ventral neuroectoderm of Drosophila melanogaster depend on the activity of the achaete-scute complex genes. Dev Genes Evol. 2000;210:190-9 pubmed
- Shanbhag S, Park S, Pikielny C, Steinbrecht R. Gustatory organs of Drosophila melanogaster: fine structure and expression of the putative odorant-binding protein PBPRP2. Cell Tissue Res. 2001;304:423-37 pubmed..In contrast, PBPRP2 in peg sensilla is expressed in the inner sensillum-lymph cavity and is in contact with the dendrites. Thus, PBPRP2 could be involved as a carrier for hydrophobic ligands, e.g., bitter tastants, in these sensilla. ..
- Graack H, Cinque U, Kress H. Functional regulation of glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate aminotransferase 1 (GFAT1) of Drosophila melanogaster in a UDP-N-acetylglucosamine and cAMP-dependent manner. Biochem J. 2001;360:401-12 pubmed..We propose a model for the independent regulation of the Dmel/GFAT1 enzyme by feedback inhibition and PKA. ..
- Vanzo N, Ephrussi A. Oskar anchoring restricts pole plasm formation to the posterior of the Drosophila oocyte. Development. 2002;129:3705-14 pubmed..This study reveals cortical anchoring of the posterior determinant Oskar as a crucial step in pole plasm assembly and restriction, required for proper development of Drosophila melanogaster. ..
- Jayaramaiah Raja S, Renkawitz Pohl R. Replacement by Drosophila melanogaster protamines and Mst77F of histones during chromatin condensation in late spermatids and role of sesame in the removal of these proteins from the male pronucleus. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6165-77 pubmed
- Moller A, Avila F, Erickson J, Jackle H. Drosophila BAP60 is an essential component of the Brahma complex, required for gene activation and repression. J Mol Biol. 2005;352:329-37 pubmed..The results support the conclusion that BAP60 participates in site-specific recruitment of the Brahma complex in Drosophila. ..
- Bouazoune K, Brehm A. dMi-2 chromatin binding and remodeling activities are regulated by dCK2 phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41912-20 pubmed..Our results reveal a potential mechanism for regulation of the dMi-2 enzyme and point toward CK2 phosphorylation as a common feature of CHD family ATPases. ..
- Brüning M, Lummer M, Bentele C, Smolenaars M, Rodenburg K, Ragg H. The Spn4 gene from Drosophila melanogaster is a multipurpose defence tool directed against proteases from three different peptidase families. Biochem J. 2007;401:325-31 pubmed
- Tögel M, Pass G, Paululat A. The Drosophila wing hearts originate from pericardial cells and are essential for wing maturation. Dev Biol. 2008;318:29-37 pubmed publisher..This indicates that wing hearts are required for proper wing morphogenesis and functionality. ..
- Brandt A, Krohne G, Grosshans J. The farnesylated nuclear proteins KUGELKERN and LAMIN B promote aging-like phenotypes in Drosophila flies. Aging Cell. 2008;7:541-51 pubmed publisher..We conclude that lobulation of the nuclear membrane induced by the insertion of farnesylated lamina-proteins can lead to aging-like phenotypes. ..
- Aso Y, Grübel K, Busch S, Friedrich A, Siwanowicz I, Tanimoto H. The mushroom body of adult Drosophila characterized by GAL4 drivers. J Neurogenet. 2009;23:156-72 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study lays groundwork for functional dissection of the mushroom body...
- Bonte E, Becker P. Preparation of chromatin assembly extracts from preblastoderm Drosophila embryos. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;523:1-10 pubmed publisher..The resulting chromatin is an excellent approximation of physiological chromatin in vivo. This chapter describes the preparation of chromatin assembly extracts and the chromatin assembly reaction. ..
- Gilsdorf M, Horn T, Arziman Z, Pelz O, Kiner E, Boutros M. GenomeRNAi: a database for cell-based RNAi phenotypes. 2009 update. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:D448-52 pubmed publisher..The new version also facilitates the integration with other genomic data sets and contains expression profiling (RNA-Seq) data for several cell lines commonly used in RNAi experiments. ..
- Hakeda Suzuki S, Berger Müller S, Tomasi T, Usui T, Horiuchi S, Uemura T, et al. Golden Goal collaborates with Flamingo in conferring synaptic-layer specificity in the visual system. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:314-23 pubmed publisher..We propose that Gogo acts as a functional partner of Fmi for R8 photoreceptor axon targeting and that the dynamic regulation of their interaction specifies synaptic-layer selection of photoreceptors. ..
- Mathieu E, Finkernagel F, Murawska M, Scharfe M, Jarek M, Brehm A. Recruitment of the ATP-dependent chromatin remodeler dMi-2 to the transcribed region of active heat shock genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:4879-91 pubmed publisher..Rather, dMi-2 binding is restricted to transcribed regions. Our results suggest that dMi-2 distribution over active heat shock genes are determined by transcriptional activity. ..
- Kesper D, Stute C, Buttgereit D, Kreisköther N, Vishnu S, Fischbach K, et al. Myoblast fusion in Drosophila melanogaster is mediated through a fusion-restricted myogenic-adhesive structure (FuRMAS). Dev Dyn. 2007;236:404-15 pubmed..Moreover, we suggest that the FuRMAS may restrict the area of membrane breakdown. ..
- Lorbeer R, Heidrich M, Lorbeer C, Ramírez Ojeda D, Bicker G, Meyer H, et al. Highly efficient 3D fluorescence microscopy with a scanning laser optical tomograph. Opt Express. 2011;19:5419-30 pubmed publisher..Compared to conventional fluorescence OPT our first SLOT enhanced the photon collection efficiency a hundredfold...
- Helfer S, Schott J, Stoecklin G, Forstemann K. AU-rich element-mediated mRNA decay can occur independently of the miRNA machinery in mouse embryonic fibroblasts and Drosophila S2-cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e28907 pubmed publisher..Thus, this sequence cannot serve as link between the miRNA and the AU-rich element mediated silencing pathways. Taken together, our studies in mammalian and Drosophila cells strongly argue that AREs can function independently of miRNAs. ..
- Hummel T, Schimmelpfeng K, Klämbt C. Commissure formation in the embryonic CNS of Drosophila. Dev Biol. 1999;209:381-98 pubmed..Over 20 genes appear to be required for correct development of the midline glial cells which are necessary for the formation of distinct segmental commissures. ..
- Maurange C, Paro R. A cellular memory module conveys epigenetic inheritance of hedgehog expression during Drosophila wing imaginal disc development. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2672-83 pubmed
- Fuss B, Josten F, Feix M, Hoch M. Cell movements controlled by the Notch signalling cascade during foregut development in Drosophila. Development. 2004;131:1587-95 pubmed..Our results provide a novel link between the Notch signalling pathway and cytoskeletal reorganisation controlling cell movement during the development of foregut-associated organs. ..
- Nagel A, Szawinski J, Fischer P, Maier D, Wech I, Preiss A. Dorso-ventral axis formation of the Drosophila oocyte requires Cyclin G. Hereditas. 2012;149:186-96 pubmed publisher..We propose a role of cycG in processes that regulate translation of Grk and hence, influence EGFR-mediated patterning processes during oogenesis. ..
- Catalan A, Hutter S, Parsch J. Population and sex differences in Drosophila melanogaster brain gene expression. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:654 pubmed publisher..The enrichment of genes with sexually dimorphic expression on the X chromosome is consistent with dosage compensation mechanisms affecting sex-biased expression in somatic tissues. ..
- Voelzmann A, Bauer R. Embryonic expression of Drosophila ceramide synthase schlank in developing gut, CNS and PNS. Gene Expr Patterns. 2011;11:501-10 pubmed publisher..Co-staining experiments with neuronal and glial markers revealed specific expression of Schlank in glial and neuronal cells of the CNS and PNS. ..
- Sakata E, Bohn S, Mihalache O, Kiss P, Beck F, Nagy I, et al. Localization of the proteasomal ubiquitin receptors Rpn10 and Rpn13 by electron cryomicroscopy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:1479-84 pubmed publisher..On the basis of the mutual positions of Rpn10 and Rpn13, we propose a model for polyubiquitin binding to the 26S proteasome. ..
- Ã‡iÃ§ek I, Karaca S, Brankatschk M, Eaton S, Urlaub H, Shcherbata H. Hedgehog Signaling Strength Is Orchestrated by the mir-310 Cluster of MicroRNAs in Response to Diet. Genetics. 2016;202:1167-83 pubmed publisher..This suggests miRNAs as plausible therapeutic agents that can be used in combination with low calorie and cholesterol diets to manage quick and precise tissue-specific responses to nutritional changes. ..
- Zanon A, Kalvakuri S, Rakovic A, Foco L, Guida M, Schwienbacher C, et al. SLP-2 interacts with Parkin in mitochondria and prevents mitochondrial dysfunction in Parkin-deficient human iPSC-derived neurons and Drosophila. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:2412-2425 pubmed publisher..This finding places further emphasis on the significance of Parkin for the maintenance of mitochondrial function in neurons and provides a novel target for therapeutic strategies...
- Campos Ortega J. Mechanisms of early neurogenesis in Drosophila melanogaster. J Neurobiol. 1993;24:1305-27 pubmed
- Huisken J, Swoger J, Del Bene F, Wittbrodt J, Stelzer E. Optical sectioning deep inside live embryos by selective plane illumination microscopy. Science. 2004;305:1007-9 pubmed..We also demonstrate that SPIM can be applied to visualize the embryogenesis of the relatively opaque Drosophila melanogaster in vivo. ..
- Roeder T. Tyramine and octopamine: ruling behavior and metabolism. Annu Rev Entomol. 2005;50:447-77 pubmed..Recent progress made on all levels of OA and TA research has enabled researchers to understand better the molecular events underlying the control of complex behaviors...
- Kamikouchi A, Inagaki H, Effertz T, Hendrich O, Fiala A, Gopfert M, et al. The neural basis of Drosophila gravity-sensing and hearing. Nature. 2009;458:165-71 pubmed publisher..By establishing the Drosophila counterparts of these sensory systems, our findings provide the basis for a systematic functional and molecular dissection of how different mechanosensory stimuli are detected and processed. ..
- Murachelli A, Ebert J, Basquin C, Le Hir H, Conti E. The structure of the ASAP core complex reveals the existence of a Pinin-containing PSAP complex. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:378-86 pubmed publisher..Unexpectedly, our structural analysis identified an Acinus-like motif in Pinin, another EJC-associated splicing factor. We show that Pinin physically interacts with RNPS1 and SAP18, forming an alternative ternary complex, PSAP. ..
- Schwaerzel M, Monastirioti M, Scholz H, Friggi Grelin F, Birman S, Heisenberg M. Dopamine and octopamine differentiate between aversive and appetitive olfactory memories in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2003;23:10495-502 pubmed..Our results suggest that in associative conditioning, different memories are formed of the same odor under different circumstances, and that they are linked to the respective motivational systems by their specific modulatory pathways...
- Maenner S, Müller M, Frohlich J, Langer D, Becker P. ATP-dependent roX RNA remodeling by the helicase maleless enables specific association of MSL proteins. Mol Cell. 2013;51:174-84 pubmed publisher..Probing the conformation of roX in vivo revealed a remodeled stem loop in chromatin-bound roX2. The active remodeling of a stable secondary structure by MLE may constitute a rate-limiting step for MSL-DCC assembly...
- Kraut R, Campos Ortega J. inscuteable, a neural precursor gene of Drosophila, encodes a candidate for a cytoskeleton adaptor protein. Dev Biol. 1996;174:65-81 pubmed..The inscuteable mutant phenotype, together with these other observations, suggests a possible role for the protein in cytoskeleton organization. ..
- Hofmann T, Chubanov V, Chen X, Dietz A, Gudermann T, Montell C. Drosophila TRPM channel is essential for the control of extracellular magnesium levels. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10519 pubmed publisher..These data provide the first evidence for a role for a Drosophila TRP channel in Mg2+ homeostasis, and underscore a broad and evolutionarily conserved role for TRPM channels in Mg2+ homeostasis...
- Zinzen R, Girardot C, Gagneur J, Braun M, Furlong E. Combinatorial binding predicts spatio-temporal cis-regulatory activity. Nature. 2009;462:65-70 pubmed publisher..This data-driven approach does not require previous knowledge of transcription factor sequence affinity, function or expression, making it widely applicable. ..
- Ma Q, Guo C, Barnewitz K, Sheldrick G, Soling H, Uson I, et al. Crystal structure and functional analysis of Drosophila Wind, a protein-disulfide isomerase-related protein. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:44600-7 pubmed
- Aso Y, Siwanowicz I, Bräcker L, Ito K, Kitamoto T, Tanimoto H. Specific dopaminergic neurons for the formation of labile aversive memory. Curr Biol. 2010;20:1445-51 pubmed publisher..As MB-M3 and MB-MP1 target the distinct subdomains of the MB, these reinforcement circuits might induce different forms of aversive memory in spatially segregated synapses in the MB...
- Dahl E, Koseki H, Balling R. Pax genes and organogenesis. Bioessays. 1997;19:755-65 pubmed..One predominant theme is signal transduction during tissue interactions, which may lead to a position-specific regulation of cell proliferation. ..
- Krauss V, Reuter G. Two genes become one: the genes encoding heterochromatin protein Su(var)3-9 and translation initiation factor subunit eIF-2gamma are joined to a dicistronic unit in holometabolic insects. Genetics. 2000;156:1157-67 pubmed
- Sczyrba A, Beckstette M, Brivanlou A, Giegerich R, Altmann C. XenDB: full length cDNA prediction and cross species mapping in Xenopus laevis. BMC Genomics. 2005;6:123 pubmed..The ability to quickly translate the results of various species into 'Xenopus-centric' information should greatly enhance comparative embryological approaches. ..
- Neuser K, Triphan T, Mronz M, Poeck B, Strauss R. Analysis of a spatial orientation memory in Drosophila. Nature. 2008;453:1244-7 pubmed publisher..The S6KII signalling pathway therefore seems to be acutely required in the ring neurons for spatial orientation memory in flies. ..
- Grimm C, Chari A, Pelz J, Kuper J, Kisker C, Diederichs K, et al. Structural basis of assembly chaperone- mediated snRNP formation. Mol Cell. 2013;49:692-703 pubmed publisher..Our studies reveal how assembly factors facilitate formation of RNA-protein complexes in vivo. ..