Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dna sequence analysis in Sweden
Topic: dna sequence analysis
Publications174 found, 100 shown here
- Fredriksson R, Nordström K, Stephansson O, Hägglund M, Schioth H. The solute carrier (SLC) complement of the human genome: phylogenetic classification reveals four major families. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:3811-6 pubmed publisher..This study represents the first overall genomic roadmap of the SLCs providing large sequence sets and clarifies the phylogenetic relationships among the families of the second largest group of membrane proteins. ..
- Kollberg G, Holme E. Antisense oligonucleotide therapeutics for iron-sulphur cluster deficiency myopathy. Neuromuscul Disord. 2009;19:833-6 pubmed publisher..The restoration was stable and after 21 days the correctly spliced mRNA still was the dominating RNA species. ..
- Nemirov K, Leirs H, Lundkvist A, Olsson G. Puumala hantavirus and Myodes glareolus in northern Europe: no evidence of co-divergence between genetic lineages of virus and host. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:1262-74 pubmed publisher..glareolus that carry them at present. ..
- Lundström A, Sundaeus V, Bolin I. The 26-kilodalton, AhpC homologue, of Helicobacter pylori is also produced by other Helicobacter species. Helicobacter. 2001;6:44-54 pubmed..pylori. A gene similar to ahpC was found in eight out of 10 Helicobacter species analysed. ..
- Andersson P, Edman K, Lindberg A. Molecular analysis of the echovirus 18 prototype: evidence of interserotypic recombination with echovirus 9. Virus Res. 2002;85:71-83 pubmed..Using a maximum likelihood approach, the recombination point was mapped to the 2C gene. ..
- Nourizad N, Ehn M, Gharizadeh B, Hober S, Nyrén P. Methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris as a host for production of ATP-diphosphohydrolase (apyrase) from potato tubers (Solanum tuberosum). Protein Expr Purif. 2003;27:229-37 pubmed..By enzymatic removal of N-glycans, a single band corresponding to a molecular mass of 48kDa was detected. The recombinant apyrase was found to function well when it was used in combination with the Pyrosequencing technology. ..
- Nilsson M, Gullberg A, Spotorno A, Arnason U, Janke A. Radiation of extant marsupials after the K/T boundary: evidence from complete mitochondrial genomes. J Mol Evol. 2003;57 Suppl 1:S3-12 pubmed..The South American marsupial lineages are all characterized by a putatively non-functional tRNA for lysine, a potential RNA editing of the tRNA for asparagine, and a rearrangement of tRNA genes at the origin of light strand replication. ..
- Seddon J, Ellegren H. A temporal analysis shows major histocompatibility complex loci in the Scandinavian wolf population are consistent with neutral evolution. Proc Biol Sci. 2004;271:2283-91 pubmed..Even in these larger populations, bottlenecks and fragmentation with consequent genetic drift are likely to have resulted in few indicators for balancing selection and significant differentiation of populations. ..
- Falsen E, Collins M, Welinder Olsson C, Song Y, Finegold S, Lawson P. Fastidiosipila sanguinis gen. nov., sp. nov., a new Gram-positive, coccus-shaped organism from human blood. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2005;55:853-8 pubmed..nov., as Fastidiosipila sanguinis sp. nov. The type strain of Fastidiosipila sanguinis is CCUG 47711(T) (=CIP 108292(T)). ..
- Gyllenstrand N, Seppä P, Pamilo P. Restricted gene flow between two social forms in the ant Formica truncorum. J Evol Biol. 2005;18:978-84 pubmed..The inferred gene flow from the P to the M type means that the split sex ratio is partly suboptimal, possibly because the P populations are not long-lived enough to influence the behavioural decisions in the M colonies. ..
- Hallin S, Lydmark P, Kokalj S, Hermansson M, Sörensson F, Jarvis A, et al. Community survey of ammonia-oxidizing bacteria in full-scale activated sludge processes with different solids retention time. J Appl Microbiol. 2005;99:629-40 pubmed..The commonly used FISH probes designed to target all beta-proteobacterial AOB does not detect certain Nitrosomonas oligotropha populations, leading to an underestimation of AOB if a wider set of probes is not used. ..
- Grahn N, Hmani Aifa M, Fransen K, Söderkvist P, Monstein H. Molecular identification of Helicobacter DNA present in human colorectal adenocarcinomas by 16S rDNA PCR amplification and pyrosequencing analysis. J Med Microbiol. 2005;54:1031-5 pubmed..262). 16S rDNA PCR amplification combined with pyrosequencing analysis of 16S rDNA variable V3 regions provides a powerful molecular tool to identify Helicobacter species in human biopsy specimens. ..
- Hao L, Aspöck G, Burglin T. The hedgehog-related gene wrt-5 is essential for hypodermal development in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Biol. 2006;290:323-36 pubmed..In conclusion, we show that wrt-5 is an essential gene that - despite its lack of a Hint domain - has multiple functions in C. elegans and is implicated in cell shape integrity. ..
- Påhlman L, Marx P, Morgelin M, Lukomski S, Meijers J, Herwald H. Thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor binds to Streptococcus pyogenes by interacting with collagen-like proteins A and B. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:24873-81 pubmed..These findings suggest an important role for TAFI in the modulation of host responses by streptococci. ..
- Abdeldaim G, Stralin K, Olcen P, Blomberg J, Herrmann B. Toward a quantitative DNA-based definition of pneumococcal pneumonia: a comparison of Streptococcus pneumoniae target genes, with special reference to the Spn9802 fragment. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2008;60:143-50 pubmed..In conclusion, Spn9802 real-time PCR is highly sensitive and specific. The quantification it provides enables differentiation between pneumococcal pathogenicity and commensalism...
- Fuxelius H, Darby A, Cho N, Andersson S. Visualization of pseudogenes in intracellular bacteria reveals the different tracks to gene destruction. Genome Biol. 2008;9:R42 pubmed publisher..Thus, most of the variably present genes and pseudogenes in Rickettsia have arisen from recent acquisitions. ..
- Rosander A, Connolly E, Roos S. Removal of antibiotic resistance gene-carrying plasmids from Lactobacillus reuteri ATCC 55730 and characterization of the resulting daughter strain, L. reuteri DSM 17938. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:6032-40 pubmed publisher..Direct comparison of the parent and daughter strains for a series of in vitro properties and in a human clinical trial confirmed the retained probiotic properties of the daughter strain. ..
- Liljeqvist J, Tunbäck P, Norberg P. Asymptomatically shed recombinant herpes simplex virus type 1 strains detected in saliva. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:559-66 pubmed publisher..The first strain was classified as a recombinant and the other strain clustered in clade A. High replication rates of different strains in the same person may facilitate the creation of recombinant clinical HSV-1 strains. ..
- Muradrasoli S, Mohamed N, Hornyák A, Fohlman J, Olsen B, Belak S, et al. Broadly targeted multiprobe QPCR for detection of coronaviruses: Coronavirus is common among mallard ducks (Anas platyrhynchos). J Virol Methods. 2009;159:277-87 pubmed publisher..Ducks may spread and harbour CoVs. NQPCR can detect a wide range of CoVs, as illustrated for humans and ducks...
- Abdeldaim G, Stralin K, Kirsebom L, Olcen P, Blomberg J, Herrmann B. Detection of Haemophilus influenzae in respiratory secretions from pneumonia patients by quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2009;64:366-73 pubmed publisher..influenzae in respiratory secretions. Quantification facilitates discrimination between disease-causing H. influenzae strains and commensal colonization...
- Blomqvist D, Pauliny A, Larsson M, Flodin L. Trapped in the extinction vortex? Strong genetic effects in a declining vertebrate population. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:33 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate strong genetic effects in a rapidly declining population, emphasizing the importance of genetic factors for the persistence of small populations. ..
- Drotz M, Brodin T, Nilsson A. Multiple origins of elytral reticulation modifications in the west palearctic Agabus bipustulatus complex (coleoptera, dytiscidae). PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9034 pubmed publisher..The combined effect of these selective processes is here demonstrated in an extreme case to generate isolation barriers between populations at high altitudes. Here we discuss this selective force in relation to thermal selection. ..
- Dahl N, Pigg M, Ristoff E, Gali R, Carlsson B, Mannervik B, et al. Missense mutations in the human glutathione synthetase gene result in severe metabolic acidosis, 5-oxoprolinuria, hemolytic anemia and neurological dysfunction. Hum Mol Genet. 1997;6:1147-52 pubmed..Our results suggest that complete loss of function of both GS alleles is probably lethal. It is postulated that missense mutations will account for the phenotype in the majority of patients with severe GS deficiency. ..
- Asiegbu F, Abu S, Stenlid J, Johansson M. Sequence polymorphism and molecular characterization of laccase genes of the conifer pathogen Heterobasidion annosum. Mycol Res. 2004;108:136-48 pubmed..In addition, the results of McDonald-Kreitman test for possible evidence of selection based on analyses of two exon regions of the H. annosum laccase gene are presented and discussed. ..
- Bensch S, Pérez Tris J, Waldenstrom J, Hellgren O. Linkage between nuclear and mitochondrial DNA sequences in avian malaria parasites: multiple cases of cryptic speciation?. Evolution. 2004;58:1617-21 pubmed..Studies examining parasite virulence and host immune systems must consider this remarkable diversity of avian malaria parasites...
- Lundström A, Gallio M, Englund C, Steneberg P, Hemphälä J, Aspenstrom P, et al. Vilse, a conserved Rac/Cdc42 GAP mediating Robo repulsion in tracheal cells and axons. Genes Dev. 2004;18:2161-71 pubmed..These results together with genetic interaction experiments with robo, vilse, and rac mutants suggest a mechanism whereby Robo repulsion is mediated by the localized inactivation of Rac through Vilse. ..
- Repits J, Sterjovski J, Badia Martinez D, Mild M, Gray L, Churchill M, et al. Primary HIV-1 R5 isolates from end-stage disease display enhanced viral fitness in parallel with increased gp120 net charge. Virology. 2008;379:125-34 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study suggests that R5 HIV-1 variants with increased gp120 net charge emerge in an opportunistic manner during severe immunodeficiency. Thus, we here propose a new mechanism by which HIV-1 may gain fitness. ..
- Holmqvist M, Stensjö K, Oliveira P, Lindberg P, Lindblad P. Characterization of the hupSL promoter activity in Nostoc punctiforme ATCC 29133. BMC Microbiol. 2009;9:54 pubmed publisher..To further investigate the hupSL promoter, truncated versions of the hupSL promoter were fused to either gfp or luxAB, encoding the reporter proteins Green Fluorescent Protein and Luciferase, respectively...
- Kidd A, Garwicz D, Oberg M. Human and simian adenoviruses: phylogenetic inferences from analysis of VA RNA genes. Virology. 1995;207:32-45 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that a renewed appraisal of VA RNA function in adenoviruses other than Ad2 and Ad5 may be necessary...
- Paulsrud P, Lindblad P. Sequence variation of the tRNA(Leu) intron as a marker for genetic diversity and specificity of symbiotic cyanobacteria in some lichens. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1998;64:310-5 pubmed..The sequence data were used in discussions concerning specificity and biology of the lichen symbiosis. It is concluded that the tRNA(Leu) (UAA) intron can be of great value when examining cyanobacterial diversity. ..
- Janson S, Matveyev A, Bergman B. The presence and expression of hetR in the non-heterocystous cyanobacterium Symploca PCC 8002. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1998;168:173-9 pubmed..This is the first report of sequences corresponding to a portion of hetR from within the group of non-heterocystous cyanobacteria. ..
- Hunt M, Nousiainen S, Huttunen M, Orii K, Svensson L, Alexson S. Peroxisome proliferator-induced long chain acyl-CoA thioesterases comprise a highly conserved novel multi-gene family involved in lipid metabolism. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:34317-26 pubmed..These results strongly support the existence of a novel multi-gene family cluster of mouse acyl-CoA thioesterases, each with a distinct function in lipid metabolism. ..
- Nygren C, Eberhardt U, Karlsson M, Parrent J, Lindahl B, Taylor A. Growth on nitrate and occurrence of nitrate reductase-encoding genes in a phylogenetically diverse range of ectomycorrhizal fungi. New Phytol. 2008;180:875-89 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that the ability to utilize nitrate as an N source is widespread in ECM fungi, even in those fungi from boreal forests where the supply of nitrate may be very low. ..
- Wetterbom A, Ameur A, Feuk L, Gyllensten U, Cavelier L. Identification of novel exons and transcribed regions by chimpanzee transcriptome sequencing. Genome Biol. 2010;11:R78 pubmed publisher..Our results extend the chimpanzee gene catalogue with a large number of novel exons and 3' UTRs and thus support the view that mammalian gene annotations are not yet complete. ..
- Saetre G, Borge T, Lindell J, Moum T, Primmer C, Sheldon B, et al. Speciation, introgressive hybridization and nonlinear rate of molecular evolution in flycatchers. Mol Ecol. 2001;10:737-49 pubmed..After the last glaciation period, pied and collared flycatchers expanded their breeding ranges and eventually came into secondary contact in Central and Eastern Europe and on the Baltic Isles...
- Theopold U, Dal Zotto L, Hultmark D. FKBP39, a Drosophila member of a family of proteins that bind the immunosuppressive drug FK506. Gene. 1995;156:247-51 pubmed..Although the FKBP39 gene is expressed in the immunocompetent D. melanogaster blood cell line, mbn-2, the antibacterial defense reaction of these cells is unaffected by FK506. ..
- Riemann L, Leitet C, Pommier T, Simu K, Holmfeldt K, Larsson U, et al. The native bacterioplankton community in the central baltic sea is influenced by freshwater bacterial species. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:503-15 pubmed
- Costa J, Romero E, Lindblad P. Sequence based data supports a single Nostoc strain in individual coralloid roots of cycads. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2004;49:481-7 pubmed publisher..In this study, the potential problems of using different methods (e.g., PCR fingerprinting) to study the genetic diversity of symbiotic cyanobacteria, is also addressed...
- Gudmundsson G, Magnusson K, Chowdhary B, Johansson M, Andersson L, Boman H. Structure of the gene for porcine peptide antibiotic PR-39, a cathelin gene family member: comparative mapping of the locus for the human peptide antibiotic FALL-39. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:7085-9 pubmed..The gene for the human peptide antibiotic FALL-39 (also a member of the cathelin family) was mapped to human chromosome 3, which is homologous to pig chromosome 13. ..
- Karsten S, Voskoboeva E, Tishkanina S, Pettersson U, Krasnopolskaja X, Bondeson M. Mutational spectrum of the iduronate-2-sulfatase (IDS) gene in 36 unrelated Russian MPS II patients. Hum Genet. 1998;103:732-5 pubmed..Of the 25 different mutations, 15 are novel and unique. Most of the missense mutations result in intermediate or severe phenotypes. ..
- Draptchinskaia N, Gustavsson P, Andersson B, Pettersson M, Willig T, Dianzani I, et al. The gene encoding ribosomal protein S19 is mutated in Diamond-Blackfan anaemia. Nat Genet. 1999;21:169-75 pubmed..These mutations are associated with clinical features that suggest a function for RPS19 in erythropoiesis and embryogenesis. ..
- Blomstergren A, Lundin A, Nilsson C, Engstrand L, Lundeberg J. Comparative analysis of the complete cag pathogenicity island sequence in four Helicobacter pylori isolates. Gene. 2004;328:85-93 pubmed..Finally, a novel gene was identified in the cag PAI in three of the sequenced strains at the position of HP0521. This gene, HP0521B, is present in approximately half of Swedish H. pylori isolates. ..
- Lindgren R, Zhao J, Heller S, Berglind H, Nister M. Molecular cloning and characterization of two novel truncated isoforms of human Na+/Ca2+ exchanger 3, expressed in fetal brain. Gene. 2005;348:143-55 pubmed..1 seems more efficiently translated. Based on their structural features, NCX3-tN.1 and NCX3-tN.2 proteins are potentially involved in regulation of Na+/Ca2+ homeostasis. ..
- Arnason U, Gullberg A, Janke A. Mitogenomic analyses provide new insights into cetacean origin and evolution. Gene. 2004;333:27-34 pubmed..The current results are inconsistent with both these hypotheses. The findings suggest that the claimed morphological similarities between Mesonychia and Cetacea are the result of evolutionary convergence rather than common ancestry...
- Nordin K, Unell M, Jansson J. Novel 4-chlorophenol degradation gene cluster and degradation route via hydroxyquinol in Arthrobacter chlorophenolicus A6. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:6538-44 pubmed
- Tolf C, Gullberg M, Johansson E, Tesh R, Andersson B, Lindberg A. Molecular characterization of a novel Ljungan virus (Parechovirus; Picornaviridae) reveals a fourth genotype and indicates ancestral recombination. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:843-53 pubmed publisher..Analyses also showed that different regions of the 64-7855 genome have different phylogenetic relationships with other LV strains, indicating that previous recombination events have been involved in the evolution of this virus...
- Wallerman O, Motallebipour M, Enroth S, Patra K, Bysani M, Komorowski J, et al. Molecular interactions between HNF4a, FOXA2 and GABP identified at regulatory DNA elements through ChIP-sequencing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:7498-508 pubmed publisher..An interaction between HNF4a and GABP was seen at TSS, with one-third of the HNF4a positive promoters being bound also by GABP, and this interaction was verified by co-immunoprecipitations. ..
- Forsell P, Lindberg A, Karlsson S, Lindgren J, Claesson H. Purification, characterization, and cDNA sequencing of cytosolic phospholipase A(2) from equine neutrophils. J Lipid Res. 2000;41:1222-30 pubmed..This difference might explain the difference between the two cell types in the capacity to produce leukotrienes from endogenous substrate. ..
- Besnier F, Carlborg O. A genetic algorithm based method for stringent haplotyping of family data. BMC Genet. 2009;10:57 pubmed publisher..Giving this choice makes the method more flexible and useful in a wide range of applications as it is able to fulfil different requirements regarding the tolerance for haplotype errors, or uncertain marker-phases. ..
- Xu X, Gullberg A, Arnason U. The complete mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) of the donkey and mtDNA comparisons among four closely related mammalian species-pairs. J Mol Evol. 1996;43:438-46 pubmed..The findings show that the superimposition of sequence data of one lineage for resolving and dating evolutionary divergences of other lineages should be performed with caution unless based on comprehensive data...
- Lannergård J, Norström T, Hughes D. Genetic determinants of resistance to fusidic acid among clinical bacteremia isolates of Staphylococcus aureus. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009;53:2059-65 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, this normal-growth isolate might have evolved from a fusidic acid-resistant SCV. We conclude that at least three different resistance classes are prevalent among fusidic acid-resistant bacteremia isolates of S. aureus. ..
- Berglund E, Ehrenborg C, Vinnere Pettersson O, Granberg F, Näslund K, Holmberg M, et al. Genome dynamics of Bartonella grahamii in micro-populations of woodland rodents. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:152 pubmed publisher..This suggests that genetically similar strains can infect a range of different hosts. ..
- Romeralo M, Landolt J, Cavender J, Laursen G, Baldauf S. Two new species of dictyostelid cellular slime molds from Alaska. Mycologia. 2010;102:588-95 pubmed..2006). In this paper we formally describe as new these two species of cellular slime molds, Dictyostelium ammophilum sp. nov. and Dictyostelium boreale sp. nov., based on the combination of morphological and molecular characters...
- Laizé V, Tacnet F, Ripoche P, Hohmann S. Polymorphism of Saccharomyces cerevisiae aquaporins. Yeast. 2000;16:897-903 pubmed..We conclude that natural and industrial conditions provide selective pressure to maintain AQY1 but apparently not AQY2. ..
- Janke A, Magnell O, Wieczorek G, Westerman M, Arnason U. Phylogenetic analysis of 18S rRNA and the mitochondrial genomes of the wombat, Vombatus ursinus, and the spiny anteater, Tachyglossus aculeatus: increased support for the Marsupionta hypothesis. J Mol Evol. 2002;54:71-80 pubmed
- Molling P, Unemo M, Backman A, Olcen P. Genosubtyping by sequencing group A, B and C meningococci; a tool for epidemiological studies of epidemics, clusters and sporadic cases. APMIS. 2000;108:509-16 pubmed..Nucleotide sequence analysis of VRs in the porA gene proved a valuable epidemiological tool since almost all isolates could be genosubtyped, in contrast to the phenotypic methods presently used. ..
- Grunditz C, Dalhammar G. Development of nitrification inhibition assays using pure cultures of Nitrosomonas and Nitrobacter. Water Res. 2001;35:433-40 pubmed..The assays are applicable to determination of nitrification inhibition in samples of industrial waste waters or influents of treatment plants, or chemical substances likely to be found in wastewater. ..
- Panagopoulos I, Mertens F, Isaksson M, Limon J, Gustafson P, Skytting B, et al. Clinical impact of molecular and cytogenetic findings in synovial sarcoma. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2001;31:362-72 pubmed..This corresponded to 5-year metastasis-free survival rates of 0.58 and 0.0, respectively (P = 0.02). ..
- Johannesson H, Townsend J, Hung C, Cole G, Taylor J. Concerted evolution in the repeats of an immunomodulating cell surface protein, SOWgp, of the human pathogenic fungi Coccidioides immitis and C. posadasii. Genetics. 2005;171:109-17 pubmed
- Allegrini S, Pesi R, Tozzi M, Fiol C, Johnson R, Eriksson S. Bovine cytosolic IMP/GMP-specific 5'-nucleotidase: cloning and expression of active enzyme in Escherichia coli. Biochem J. 1997;328 ( Pt 2):483-7 pubmed..This is the first time that a fully active recombinant 5'nucleotidase has been described. ..
- Hallin S, Lindgren P. PCR detection of genes encoding nitrite reductase in denitrifying bacteria. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1999;65:1652-7 pubmed..The selected primer sites for Cu-nir were conserved, while broad-range primers targeting conserved regions of cd1-nir seem to be difficult to find. We also report on the existence of Cu-nir in Paracoccus denitrificans Pd1222. ..
- Kijas J, Moller M, Plastow G, Andersson L. A frameshift mutation in MC1R and a high frequency of somatic reversions cause black spotting in pigs. Genetics. 2001;158:779-85 pubmed..In several breeds of pigs the phenotypic manifestation of this allele has been modified by selection for or against black spots. ..
- Persson U, Hertz J, Carlsson M, Hellmark T, Juncker I, Wieslander J, et al. Patients with Goodpasture's disease have two normal COL4A3 alleles encoding the NC1 domain of the type IV collagen alpha 3 chain. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2004;19:2030-5 pubmed
- Jansson D, Fellström C, Johansson K. Intestinal spirochetes isolated from wild-living jackdaws, hooded crows and rooks (genus Corvus): provisionally designated "Brachyspira corvi" sp. nov. Anaerobe. 2008;14:287-95 pubmed publisher..L gen. n. corvi, of a crow)...
- Nenonen N, Hannoun C, Olsson M, Bergstrom T. Molecular analysis of an oyster-related norovirus outbreak. J Clin Virol. 2009;45:105-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicated considerable genomic stability of NoV GI.1 strains over time. ..
- Nilsson T, Börjel A. Novel insertion and deletion mutations in the 5'-UTR of the folate receptor-alpha gene: an additional contributor to hyperhomocysteinemia?. Clin Biochem. 2004;37:224-9 pubmed..This could be a new factor contributing to gene-food interaction explaining part of the hyperhomocysteinemia panorama. Extended searches for polymorphisms further upstream in the FR-alpha gene are warranted. ..
- Landgren C, Beier D, Fassler R, Heinegard D, Sommarin Y. The mouse chondroadherin gene: characterization and chromosomal localization. Genomics. 1998;47:84-91 pubmed..The chondroadherin gene was mapped to mouse chromosome 11, near D11Mit14, by single-strand conformation polymorphism linkage analysis. ..
- Jansson A, Emterling A, Arbman G, Sun X. Noxa in colorectal cancer: a study on DNA, mRNA and protein expression. Oncogene. 2003;22:4675-8 pubmed..The protein level in most of the cases investigated was correlated with the mRNA level. We did not find any mutations in the Noxa gene. Thus, we suggest that Noxa may not be of importance in the development of colorectal cancer. ..
- Olsson M, English M, Mason J, Licht J, Ekblom P. Despite WT1 binding sites in the promoter region of human and mouse nucleoporin glycoprotein 210, WT1 does not influence expression of GP210. J Negat Results Biomed. 2004;3:7 pubmed..Therefore, WT1 is probably not regulating GP210 expression. Instead, we suggest that the identified Sp binding sites are involved. ..
- Cvijovic M, Dalevi D, Bilsland E, Kemp G, Sunnerhagen P. Identification of putative regulatory upstream ORFs in the yeast genome using heuristics and evolutionary conservation. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:295 pubmed..These newly found characteristics can be used to facilitate detection of other conserved uORFs. ..
- Adamiak B, Ekblad M, Bergstr m T, Ferro V, Trybala E. Herpes simplex virus type 2 glycoprotein G is targeted by the sulfated oligo- and polysaccharide inhibitors of virus attachment to cells. J Virol. 2007;81:13424-34 pubmed publisher..This is a novel finding that suggests the involvement of HSV-2 gG in interactions with sulfated polysaccharides, including cell surface glycosaminoglycans...
- Karlsson K, Stenerlow B. Extensive ssDNA end formation at DNA double-strand breaks in non-homologous end-joining deficient cells during the S phase. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:97 pubmed
- Vernersson M, Belov K, Aveskogh M, Hellman L. Cloning and structural analysis of two highly divergent IgA isotypes, IgA1 and IgA2 from the duck billed platypus, Ornithorhynchus anatinus. Mol Immunol. 2010;47:785-91 pubmed publisher..The platypus may require a more effective mucosal immunity, with two highly divergent IgA forms, than the terrestrial echidna, due to its lifestyle, where it is exposed to pathogens both on land and in the water. ..
- O Meara D, Ahmadian A, Odeberg J, Lundeberg J. SNP typing by apyrase-mediated allele-specific primer extension on DNA microarrays. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:e75 pubmed..Cluster analysis of these data shows three distinct clusters with clear-cut boundaries. We conclude that SNP typing on oligonucleotide microarrays by AMASE is an efficient, rapid and accurate technique for large-scale genotyping. ..
- Sjögren J, Magnusson J, Broberg A, Schnürer J, Kenne L. Antifungal 3-hydroxy fatty acids from Lactobacillus plantarum MiLAB 14. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2003;69:7554-7 pubmed..Racemic mixtures of the saturated 3-hydroxy fatty acids showed antifungal activity against different molds and yeasts with MICs between 10 and 100 micrograms ml-1. ..
- Lindroos H, Vinnere O, Mira A, Repsilber D, Näslund K, Andersson S. Genome rearrangements, deletions, and amplifications in the natural population of Bartonella henselae. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:7426-39 pubmed..henselae population plays an important role in the establishment of long-term persistent infection in the natural host by promoting antigenic variation and escape from the host immune response...
- Ofverholm A, Arkblad E, Skrtic S, Albertsson P, Shubbar E, Enerback C. Two cases of 5-fluorouracil toxicity linked with gene variants in the DPYD gene. Clin Biochem. 2010;43:331-4 pubmed publisher..We report two new DPYD gene variants, of which DPYD c.1796T>C is potentially pathogenic, whereas DPYD IVS14+17A>G is suggested as a variant without clinical significance. ..
- Wittzell H. Chloroplast DNA variation and reticulate evolution in sexual and apomictic sections of dandelions. Mol Ecol. 1999;8:2023-35 pubmed..The result is consistent with the reticulate distribution of morphological characters among the sections...
- Fermer C, Andersson I, Nilsson K, Nilsson O. Specificity rescue and affinity maturation of a low-affinity IgM antibody against pro-gastrin-releasing peptide using phage display and DNA shuffling. Tumour Biol. 2004;25:7-13 pubmed..Thus, by the use of phage display in combination with DNA shuffling, the specificity of an IgM antibody was rescued and the affinity was raised almost three orders of magnitude. ..
- Swenson U, Lowry P, Munzinger J, Rydin C, Bartish I. Phylogeny and generic limits in the Niemeyera complex of New Caledonian Sapotaceae: evidence of multiple origins of the anisomerous flower. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2008;49:909-29 pubmed publisher..Criteria and options for a new generic classification are discussed, and a reconstruction of the hypothesized ancestor that likely colonized New Caledonia in the Oligocene is presented...
- Irestedt M, Fjeldsa J, Dalen L, Ericson P. Convergent evolution, habitat shifts and variable diversification rates in the ovenbird-woodcreeper family (Furnariidae). BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:268 pubmed publisher..In addition, the systematic positions of some enigmatic ovenbird taxa and the postulated monophyly of some species-rich genera are evaluated...
- SCHAFER M, Lundstrom J, Pfeffer M, Lundkvist E, Landin J. Biological diversity versus risk for mosquito nuisance and disease transmission in constructed wetlands in southern Sweden. Med Vet Entomol. 2004;18:256-67 pubmed..The use of functional groups is recommended as a tool for presenting mosquito data to the public, and for helping communication between scientists and administrative decision makers. ..
- Larsson E, Lindahl P, Mostad P. HeliCis: a DNA motif discovery tool for colocalized motif pairs with periodic spacing. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:418 pubmed..Our evaluations show that it can detect weak periodic patterns which are not easily discovered using a sequential approach, i.e. first finding the binding sites and second analyzing the properties of their pairwise distances. ..
- Welinder Olsson C, Kjellin E, Vaht K, Jacobsson S, Wenneras C. First case of human "Candidatus Neoehrlichia mikurensis" infection in a febrile patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. J Clin Microbiol. 2010;48:1956-9 pubmed publisher..Amplification of 16S rRNA gene sequences from blood and sequence analysis revealed "Candidatus Neoehrlichia mikurensis." We report the first case of human disease caused by "Ca. Neoehrlichia mikurensis."..
- Li S, Paulsson K, Sjogren H, Wang P. Peptide-bound major histocompatibility complex class I molecules associate with tapasin before dissociation from transporter associated with antigen processing. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:8649-54 pubmed..This difference in association with peptide-loaded class I suggests that tapasin functions later than calreticulin during MHC class I assembly, and controls peptide loading onto MHC class I molecules in the endoplasmic reticulum...
- Bjoersdorff A, Bergstrom S, Massung R, Haemig P, Olsen B. Ehrlichia-infected ticks on migrating birds. Emerg Infect Dis. 2001;7:877-9 pubmed..These findings support the idea that birds may play a role in dispersing Ehrlichia. ..
- Zetterberg H, Nexo E, Regland B, Minthon L, Boson R, Palmer M, et al. The transcobalamin (TC) codon 259 genetic polymorphism influences holo-TC concentration in cerebrospinal fluid from patients with Alzheimer disease. Clin Chem. 2003;49:1195-8 pubmed
- Iglesias A, Kindlund E, Tammi M, Wadelius C. Some microsatellites may act as novel polymorphic cis-regulatory elements through transcription factor binding. Gene. 2004;341:149-65 pubmed..Due to their high polymorphism and abundance, they might represent an important source of quantitative genetic variation. ..
- Do N, Ingemar E, Phi P, Jenny A, Chinh T, Zeng Y, et al. A major EBNA1 variant from Asian EBV isolates shows enhanced transcriptional activity compared to prototype B95.8. Virus Res. 2008;132:15-24 pubmed publisher..Using a luciferase reporter system, EBNA1 and FR both derived from Asian isolates induced higher transcriptional activity than those from B95-8 virus...