Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dna sequence analysis in Italy
Topic: dna sequence analysis
Publications168 found, 100 shown here
- Bolchi A, Petrucco S, Tenca P, Foroni C, Ottonello S. Coordinate modulation of maize sulfate permease and ATP sulfurylase mRNAs in response to variations in sulfur nutritional status: stereospecific down-regulation by L-cysteine. Plant Mol Biol. 1999;39:527-37 pubmed
- Calvari V, Bertini V, De Grandi A, Peverali G, Zuffardi O, Ferguson Smith M, et al. A new submicroscopic deletion that refines the 9p region for sex reversal. Genomics. 2000;65:203-12 pubmed..Nevertheless, DMRT1 localizes very close to the deletion breakpoint and has a pattern of expression compatible with a role in sex determination. It therefore remains a candidate gene for 9p sex reversal. ..
- Corsetti A, Lavermicocca P, Morea M, Baruzzi F, Tosti N, Gobbetti M. Phenotypic and molecular identification and clustering of lactic acid bacteria and yeasts from wheat (species Triticum durum and Triticum aestivum) sourdoughs of Southern Italy. Int J Food Microbiol. 2001;64:95-104 pubmed
- Matullo G, Peluso M, Polidoro S, Guarrera S, Munnia A, Krogh V, et al. Combination of DNA repair gene single nucleotide polymorphisms and increased levels of DNA adducts in a population-based study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2003;12:674-7 pubmed..18-21.45; five alleles, adjusted OR = 7.65, 95% CI = 0.94-62.2]. Our study suggests that the combined effect of multiple variant alleles may be more important than the investigation of single SNP in modulating DNA repair capacity. ..
- Favia G, Cancrini G, Ferroglio E, Casiraghi M, Ricci I, Rossi L. Molecular assay for the identification of Setaria tundra. Vet Parasitol. 2003;117:139-45 pubmed..Based on these sequences, we were able to design species-specific PCR primers for the precise identification of S. tundra...
- Ferreri A, Guidoboni M, Ponzoni M, de Conciliis C, Dell Oro S, Fleischhauer K, et al. Evidence for an association between Chlamydia psittaci and ocular adnexal lymphomas. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004;96:586-94 pubmed..Persistent C. psittaci infection may contribute to the development of these lymphomas, as was also supported by the clinical responses observed in this study with C. psittaci-eradicating antibiotic therapy. ..
- Longhi E, Frison S, Andreini E, Haworth S, Malagoli A, Carella G, et al. Complete sequencing of the HLA-A*68020102 novel allele identified in two Caucasoid families. Hum Immunol. 2007;68:206-10 pubmed..This has occurred because the deletion present in A*68020102 prevents specific amplification of HLA-A locus by some commercially available typing kits. ..
- Zehender G, Ebranati E, De Maddalena C, Gianelli E, Riva A, Rusconi S, et al. Description of a "trans-Saharan" strain of human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 in West Africa. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2008;47:269-73 pubmed
- Perotti M, Ghidoli N, Altara R, Diotti R, Clementi N, De Marco D, et al. Hepatitis C virus (HCV)-driven stimulation of subfamily-restricted natural IgM antibodies in mixed cryoglobulinemia. Autoimmun Rev. 2008;7:468-72 pubmed publisher..An antigen-driven stimulation of these subfamilies, and their overexpression as in HCV infection, could lead to a breaking of humoral homeostatic balance exposing the patients to the risk of developing autoimmune disorders. ..
- Dalla Valle L, Nardi A, Toni M, Emera D, Alibardi L. Beta-keratins of turtle shell are glycine-proline-tyrosine rich proteins similar to those of crocodilians and birds. J Anat. 2009;214:284-300 pubmed publisher..Glycine repeat regions, often containing tyrosine, are localized toward the C-terminus. Phylogenetic analysis shows that turtle beta-keratins are more similar to crocodilian and avian beta-keratins than to those of lizards and snakes. ..
- Cavrini F, Liguori G, Andreoli A, Sambri V. Multiple nucleotide substitutions in the Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C ctrA gene cause false-negative detection by real-time PCR. J Clin Microbiol. 2010;48:3016-8 pubmed publisher..The nucleotide substitutions did not alter the corresponding protein sequences, but they impeded the detection of these meningococcal isolates by real-time PCR. ..
- Albertini A, Caramori T, Scoffone F, Scotti C, Galizzi A. Sequence around the 159 degree region of the Bacillus subtilis genome: the pksX locus spans 33.6 kb. Microbiology. 1995;141 ( Pt 2):299-309 pubmed..The observed similarities suggest that the 20 kb region and the previously reported 13.6 kb region containing pksX are part of the same locus, possibly involved in secondary metabolism. ..
- Serino G, Clerot D, Brevet J, Costantino P, Cardarelli M. rol genes of Agrobacterium rhizogenes cucumopine strain: sequence, effects and pattern of expression. Plant Mol Biol. 1994;26:415-22 pubmed..In addition, the pattern of expression of rol alpha-GUS construct in roots was found to be analogous to that observed for a construct driven by two of the five regulatory domains of the rolB promoter. ..
- Cannio R, Fiorentino G, Carpinelli P, Rossi M, Bartolucci S. Cloning and overexpression in Escherichia coli of the genes encoding NAD-dependent alcohol dehydrogenase from two Sulfolobus species. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:301-5 pubmed..Only a few amino acid replacements were responsible for the different kinetic and physicochemical features investigated. ..
- Provvedi R, Manganelli R, Pozzi G. Characterization of conjugative transposon Tn5251 of Streptococcus pneumoniae. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1996;135:231-6 pubmed..Conjugal transfer of Tn5251 independent from Tn5253 could not be detected, even if we could show excision and formation of Tn5251 circular intermediates at a level of 5.4 copies per 10(6) chromosomes...
- De Tullio R, Sparatore B, Salamino F, Melloni E, Pontremoli S. Rat brain contains multiple mRNAs for calpastatin. FEBS Lett. 1998;422:113-7 pubmed..These results may be useful to understand the involvement of calpain in the onset of acute and degenerative disorders of the central nervous system. ..
- Gissi C, Gullberg A, Arnason U. The complete mitochondrial DNA sequence of the rabbit, Oryctolagus cuniculus. Genomics. 1998;50:161-9 pubmed..These structures as well as the structure of the L-strand origin of replication comply with those characteristic for eutherians in general. The compositional differences between the two mtDNA strands have also been detailed. ..
- Duga S, Asselta R, Del Giacco L, Malcovati M, Ronchi S, Tenchini M, et al. A new exon in the 5' untranslated region of the connexin32 gene. Eur J Biochem. 1999;259:188-96 pubmed..Expression of connexin32 mRNAs was analysed in 16 bovine tissues. Transcript analysis suggests the presence, in cattle, of an alternative downstream promoter. ..
- Morelli C, Karayianni E, Magnanini C, Mungall A, Thorland E, Negrini M, et al. Cloning and characterization of the common fragile site FRA6F harboring a replicative senescence gene and frequently deleted in human tumors. Oncogene. 2002;21:7266-76 pubmed..Moreover, a gene associated to hereditary schizophrenia maps within FRA6F. Therefore, FRA6F may represent a landmark for the identification and cloning of genes involved in senescence, leukemia, cancer and schizophrenia...
- Di Natale P, Villani G, Di Domenico C, Daniele A, Dionisi Vici C, Bartuli A. Analysis of Sanfilippo A gene mutations in a large pedigree. Clin Genet. 2003;63:314-8 pubmed..This study places R433Q as a severe mutation underlying Sanfilippo A disease. ..
- Parenicová L, de Folter S, Kieffer M, Horner D, Favalli C, Busscher J, et al. Molecular and phylogenetic analyses of the complete MADS-box transcription factor family in Arabidopsis: new openings to the MADS world. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1538-51 pubmed..MADS-box genes also constitute an excellent system with which to study the evolution of complex gene families in higher plants. ..
- Robino P, Alberti A, Pittau M, Chessa B, Miciletta M, Nebbia P, et al. Genetic and antigenic characterization of the surface lipoprotein P48 of Mycoplasma bovis. Vet Microbiol. 2005;109:201-9 pubmed..Although antibody titers were well below those observed in sheep or goats infected with M. agalactiae, results suggest that M. bovis r-P48 can be used as a specific marker of infection...
- Vaira A, Maroon Lango C, Hammond J. Molecular characterization of Lolium latent virus, proposed type member of a new genus in the family Flexiviridae. Arch Virol. 2008;153:1263-70 pubmed publisher..One-step RT-PCR was developed for quick and reliable LoLV detection...
- Grill A, Amori G, Aloise G, Lisi I, Tosi G, Wauters L, et al. Molecular phylogeography of European Sciurus vulgaris: refuge within refugia?. Mol Ecol. 2009;18:2687-99 pubmed publisher..Calabrian mtDNA probably diverged in an ice age contraction and remained isolated from the neighbouring squirrel populations until very recent times...
- Fattorini P, Marrubini G, Ricci U, Gerin F, Grignani P, Cigliero S, et al. Estimating the integrity of aged DNA samples by CE. Electrophoresis. 2009;30:3986-95 pubmed publisher..Since samples with low uDNAb showed no amplification or unreliable STR profiles, the uDNAb value is discussed as a further quality criterion in the evaluation of the genetic data obtained from aged samples. ..
- Villa C, Venturelli E, Fenoglio C, De Riz M, Scalabrini D, Cortini F, et al. Candidate gene analysis of semaphorins in patients with Alzheimer's disease. Neurol Sci. 2010;31:169-73 pubmed publisher..This high degree of conservation of Sema3A suggests a very important role for this protein. However, neither Sema3A nor Sema4D likely influence the susceptibility to AD. ..
- Bonnal R, Severgnini M, Castaldi A, Bordoni R, Iacono M, Trimarco A, et al. Reliable resequencing of the human dystrophin locus by universal long polymerase chain reaction and massive pyrosequencing. Anal Biochem. 2010;406:176-84 pubmed publisher..9993% accuracy. Our results show that long PCR combined to massive pyrosequencing is very reliable for the analysis of the biggest gene of the human genome and open the doors to other demanding applications in molecular diagnostics. ..
- Tamborini E, Miselli F, Negri T, Lagonigro M, Staurengo S, Dagrada G, et al. Molecular and biochemical analyses of platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR) B, PDGFRA, and KIT receptors in chordomas. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:6920-8 pubmed..No role seems to be played by gene amplification. In the light of our findings, the clinical benefit observed in chordoma patients treated with imatinib seems to be attributable to the switching off of all three receptors. ..
- Stenirri S, Battistella S, Fermo I, Manitto M, Martina E, Brancato R, et al. De novo deletion removes a conserved motif in the C-terminus of ABCA4 and results in cone-rod dystrophy. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2006;44:533-7 pubmed
- Mandich P, Grandis M, Varese A, Geroldi A, Acquaviva M, Ciotti P, et al. Severe neuropathy after diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccination in a child carrying a novel frame-shift mutation in the small heat-shock protein 27 gene. J Child Neurol. 2010;25:107-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first truncating nonsense mutation in the small heat-shock protein 27 gene identified so far and the clinical, neurophysiologic, and neuropathological findings are discussed. ..
- Panigada M, Porcellini S, Sutti F, Doneda L, Pozzoli O, Consalez G, et al. GKLF in thymus epithelium as a developmentally regulated element of thymocyte-stroma cross-talk. Mech Dev. 1999;81:103-13 pubmed..Furthermore, GKLF expression in hematopoietic stroma might suggest the thus far uncharacterised participation of this factor in hematopoiesis. ..
- Passamonti M, Boore J, Scali V. Molecular evolution and recombination in gender-associated mitochondrial DNAs of the Manila clam Tapes philippinarum. Genetics. 2003;164:603-11 pubmed..Moreover, our data suggest that recombinants, although occurring in soma, may seldom be transmitted to progeny in T. philippinarum...
- Delbue S, Pagani E, Guerini F, Agliardi C, Mancuso R, Borghi E, et al. Distribution, characterization and significance of polyomavirus genomic sequences in tumors of the brain and its covering. J Med Virol. 2005;77:447-54 pubmed..Although a cause and effect was not demonstrated and the specific role of the viruses remains unknown, the findings appear to confirm the hypothesis that JCV and BKV could be important co-factors in tumor pathogenesis. ..
- Gonthier P, Nicolotti G, Linzer R, Guglielmo F, Garbelotto M. Invasion of European pine stands by a North American forest pathogen and its hybridization with a native interfertile taxon. Mol Ecol. 2007;16:1389-400 pubmed..The finding of hybrids indicates that genetic interaction between NA and EU Heterobasidion taxa is occurring as a result of their current sympatry. ..
- Canu N, Possenti R, Rinaldi A, Trani E, Levi A. Molecular cloning and characterization of the human VGF promoter region. J Neurochem. 1997;68:1390-9 pubmed..The 5'-flanking region of the human VGF gene confers responsiveness to NGF, cyclic AMP, and phorbol ester treatment. ..
- Calamita G, Kempf B, Rudd K, Bonhivers M, Kneip S, Bishai W, et al. The aquaporin-Z water channel gene of Escherichia coli: structure, organization and phylogeny. Biol Cell. 1997;89:321-9 pubmed..These results may represent a fundamental step to characterize the regulation and the physiological features of the AqpZ water channel in prokaryotes. ..
- Manetti A, Rosetto M, Maundrell K. nmt2 of fission yeast: a second thiamine-repressible gene co-ordinately regulated with nmt1. Yeast. 1994;10:1075-82 pubmed..Transcript mapping experiments show that transcription initiation of both genes is centred on this element. ..
- Perrotta G, Ninu L, Flamma F, Weller J, Kendrick R, Nebuloso E, et al. Tomato contains homologues of Arabidopsis cryptochromes 1 and 2. Plant Mol Biol. 2000;42:765-73 pubmed..Several conserved motifs are found in these domains, some of which are common to both types of cryptochromes, while others are cryptochrome-type-specific. ..
- Mazzotta G, Sandrelli F, Zordan M, Mason M, Benna C, Cisotto P, et al. The clock gene period in the medfly Ceratitis capitata. Genet Res. 2005;86:13-30 pubmed
- Dragoni I, Mariotti M, Consalez G, Soria M, Maier J. EDF-1, a novel gene product down-regulated in human endothelial cell differentiation. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:31119-24 pubmed..These data suggest that EDF-1 may play a role in the regulation of human endothelial cell differentiation. ..
- Basaglia G, Carretto E, Barbarini D, Moras L, Scalone S, Marone P, et al. Catheter-related bacteremia due to Kocuria kristinae in a patient with ovarian cancer. J Clin Microbiol. 2002;40:311-3 pubmed..This unusual pathogen may cause opportunistic infections in patients with severe underlying diseases...
- Pagano A, Crooijmans R, Groenen M, Randazzo N, Zerega B, Cancedda R, et al. A chondrogenesis-related lipocalin cluster includes a third new gene, CALgamma. Gene. 2003;305:185-94 pubmed
- Sanangelantoni A, Bocchetta M, Cammarano P, Tiboni O. Phylogenetic depth of S10 and spc operons: cloning and sequencing of a ribosomal protein gene cluster from the extremely thermophilic bacterium Thermotoga maritima. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:7703-10 pubmed
- Fani R, Tamburini E, Mori E, Lazcano A, Lio P, Barberio C, et al. Paralogous histidine biosynthetic genes: evolutionary analysis of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae HIS6 and HIS7 genes. Gene. 1997;197:9-17 pubmed..The molecular evolution of the yeast HIS6 and HIS7 genes is also discussed. ..
- Donofrio G, Cavirani S, Flammini C, Scatozza F. Molecular typing of a BHV-4 (bovine herpesvirus 4) field isolate. Vet Res Commun. 2000;24:411-22 pubmed..Taken together, these data show that PR/ 1 is a new BHV-4. We would consider that the present report provides a scheme of work for diagnosis and typing of BHV-4 isolates. ..
- Banelli B, Bonassi S, Casciano I, Mazzocco K, di Vinci A, Scaruffi P, et al. Outcome prediction and risk assessment by quantitative pyrosequencing methylation analysis of the SFN gene in advanced stage, high-risk, neuroblastic tumor patients. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:656-68 pubmed publisher..Our results lead to the hypothesis that a subset of patients considered at high risk-but displaying low levels of methylation-could be assigned at a lower risk group...
- Rosati S, Pittau M, Alberti A, Pozzi S, York D, Sharp J, et al. An accessory open reading frame (orf-x) of jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus is conserved between different virus isolates. Virus Res. 2000;66:109-16 pubmed
- Ferrante M, Ghiani M, Bulfone A, Franco B. IL1RAPL2 maps to Xq22 and is specifically expressed in the central nervous system. Gene. 2001;275:217-21 pubmed..5. The homologies together with the pattern of expression render ILRAPL2 a candidate gene for disorders displaying involvement of the CNS, including the MRX loci for which the gene has not been identified yet. ..
- Toffolatti L, Rosa Gastaldo L, Patarnello T, Romualdi C, Merlanti R, Montesissa C, et al. Expression analysis of androgen-responsive genes in the prostate of veal calves treated with anabolic hormones. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2006;30:38-55 pubmed
- Campolo M, Desario C, Ricci D, Elia G, Decaro N, Martella V, et al. Identification of a feline coronavirus type I strain from a cat with feline infectious peritonitis by RT-pCR and phylogenetic analysis. New Microbiol. 2005;28:127-33 pubmed..The RT-PCR results were confirmed by sequence analysis of the amplified products. Phylogeny carried out on fragments of the M and S genes showed that the FCoV strain segregates with typical type I FCoVs...
- Scrascia M, Pugliese N, Maimone F, Mohamud K, Grimont P, Materu S, et al. Clonal relationship among Vibrio cholerae O1 El Tor strains isolated in Somalia. Int J Med Microbiol. 2009;299:203-7 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that the group of strains active in Somalia in the late 1990s had a clonal origin...
- Montini E, Buchner G, Spalluto C, Andolfi G, Caruso A, den Dunnen J, et al. Identification of SCML2, a second human gene homologous to the Drosophila sex comb on midleg (Scm): A new gene cluster on Xp22. Genomics. 1999;58:65-72 pubmed
- Desario C, Decaro N, Campolo M, Cavalli A, Cirone F, Elia G, et al. Canine parvovirus infection: which diagnostic test for virus?. J Virol Methods. 2005;126:179-85 pubmed..In sum, out of the 68 strains analysed, 26 were characterised as CPV-2a, 18 as CPV-2b and 24 as a CPV-2 Glu-426 mutant recently identified in Italy...
- Morgutti S, Negrini N, Nocito F, Ghiani A, Bassi D, Cocucci M. Changes in endopolygalacturonase levels and characterization of a putative endo-PG gene during fruit softening in peach genotypes with nonmelting and melting flesh fruit phenotypes. New Phytol. 2006;171:315-28 pubmed publisher..The NMF phenotype does not seem to be caused by a large deletion of the endo-PG gene...
- Maggi F, Andreoli E, Pifferi M, Meschi S, Rocchi J, Bendinelli M. Human bocavirus in Italian patients with respiratory diseases. J Clin Virol. 2007;38:321-5 pubmed..Only one sample from an adult was hBoV positive. None of the nasal swabs from healthy subjects tested hBoV-positive. The findings indicate that hBoV can cause ARD in infants. ..
- Botton A, Galla G, Conesa A, Bachem C, Ramina A, Barcaccia G. Large-scale Gene Ontology analysis of plant transcriptome-derived sequences retrieved by AFLP technology. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:347 pubmed publisher..The utility of this technology for structural and functional genomics in plants can be implemented by serial annotation analyses of genome-anchored fragments and organ/tissue-specific repertories of transcriptome-derived fragments. ..
- Galli A, Lai A, Corvasce S, Saladini F, Riva C, Dehò L, et al. Recombination analysis and structure prediction show correlation between breakpoint clusters and RNA hairpins in the pol gene of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 unique recombinant forms. J Gen Virol. 2008;89:3119-25 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that such hairpins may play a role in the higher recombination rates detected at these positions. ..
- Savino F, Cordisco L, Tarasco V, Calabrese R, Palumeri E, Matteuzzi D. Molecular identification of coliform bacteria from colicky breastfed infants. Acta Paediatr. 2009;98:1582-8 pubmed publisher..To determine the presence of intestinal coliform bacteria in colicky vs healthy infants...
- Tombolini R, Povolo S, Buson A, Squartini A, Nuti M. Poly-beta-hydroxybutyrate (PHB) biosynthetic genes in Rhizobium meliloti 41. Microbiology. 1995;141 ( Pt 10):2553-9 pubmed publisher..meliloti 41. The three genes were sufficient to direct the production of polyhydroxyalkanoate in E. coli. The homology of ORF1 with an ORF located near the PHB genes in two phototrophic bacteria suggests its involvement in PHB synthesis...
- Botti S, Bertaccini A. Variability and functional role of chromosomal sequences in 16SrI-B subgroup phytoplasmas including aster yellows and related strains. J Appl Microbiol. 2003;94:103-10 pubmed
- Pozzoli U, Elgar G, Cagliani R, Riva L, Comi G, Bresolin N, et al. Comparative analysis of vertebrate dystrophin loci indicate intron gigantism as a common feature. Genome Res. 2003;13:764-72 pubmed..The hypothesis that intron length might be functionally relevant to the DMD gene regulation is proposed and substantiated by the finding that dystrophin intron gigantism is common to the three vertebrate genes...
- Giardina E, Pietrangeli I, Martone C, Asili P, Predazzi I, Marsala P, et al. In silico and in vitro comparative analysis to select, validate and test SNPs for human identification. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:457 pubmed
- Toppino L, Mennella G, Rizza F, D Alessandro A, Sihachakr D, Rotino G. ISSR and isozyme characterization of androgenetic dihaploids reveals tetrasomic inheritance in tetraploid somatic hybrids between Solanum melongena and Solanum aethiopicum group Gilo. J Hered. 2008;99:304-15 pubmed publisher..However, tetrasomic inheritance might be suggested for G-6-PDH 2 and SKDH 1 loci. Our results demonstrated that gene exchanges occurred readily in the somatic hybrids between S. melongena and S. aethiopicum gr. Gilo...
- Battilana J, Costantini L, Emanuelli F, Sevini F, Segala C, Moser S, et al. The 1-deoxy-D: -xylulose 5-phosphate synthase gene co-localizes with a major QTL affecting monoterpene content in grapevine. Theor Appl Genet. 2009;118:653-69 pubmed publisher..Further research on the functional significance of these associations might help to understand the genetic control of Muscat flavor. ..
- Porcu L, Meloni A, Casula L, Asunis I, Marini M, Cao A, et al. A novel splicing defect (IVS6+1G>T) in a patient with pseudovitamin D deficiency rickets. J Endocrinol Invest. 2002;25:557-60 pubmed..Molecular analysis showed a double heterozygous state for a novel splicing mutation in the invariant dinucleotide of the donor site of IVS6 and a 7 nucleotide insertion in the exon 8, which is common in different ethnical backgrounds. ..
- Marcone C, Schneider B, Seemüller E. 'Candidatus Phytoplasma cynodontis', the phytoplasma associated with Bermuda grass white leaf disease. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2004;54:1077-82 pubmed..However, the data available do not seem to be sufficient for a proper taxonomic assignment of these phytoplasmas...
- De Maddalena C, Giambelli C, Tanzi E, Colzani D, Schiavini M, Milazzo L, et al. High level of genetic heterogeneity in S and P genes of genotype D hepatitis B virus. Virology. 2007;365:113-24 pubmed
- Celussi M, Cataletto B. Annual dynamics of bacterioplankton assemblages in the Gulf of Trieste (Northern Adriatic Sea). Gene. 2007;406:113-23 pubmed
- Colombo S, Grisa M, Tortora P, Vanoni M. Molecular cloning, nucleotide sequence and expression of a Sulfolobus solfataricus gene encoding a class II fumarase. FEBS Lett. 1994;337:93-8 pubmed..S. solfataricus fumarase expressed in Escherichia coli retains enzymatic activity and its thermostability is comparable to that of S. solfataricus purified enzyme despite a 11 amino acid C-terminal deletion. ..
- Iacobazzi V, Lauria G, Palmieri F. Organization and sequence of the human gene for the mitochondrial citrate transport protein. DNA Seq. 1997;7:127-39 pubmed..In addition, we have determined the sequences of two human pseudogenes related to the citrate carrier gene encompassing the coding sequence of the gene between nucleotides 260 and 720. ..
- Oliva M, Messina A, Ragone G, Caggese C, De Pinto V. Sequence and expression pattern of the Drosophila melanogaster mitochondrial porin gene: evidence of a conserved protein domain between fly and mouse. FEBS Lett. 1998;430:327-32 pubmed..1.2-1.6 kbp are transcribed in every fly developmental stage that was studied. They were shown to derive by an alternative usage of different promoters and polyadenylation sites. ..
- Raffaelli N, Emanuelli M, Pisani F, Amici A, Lorenzi T, Ruggieri S, et al. Identification of the archaeal NMN adenylytransferase gene. Mol Cell Biochem. 1999;193:99-102 pubmed..jannaschii NMN adenylyltransferase gene. As far as we know from literature, this is the first report on the NMN adenylyltransferase gene. ..
- Simonelli F, Testa F, de Crecchio G, Rinaldi E, Hutchinson A, Atkinson A, et al. New ABCR mutations and clinical phenotype in Italian patients with Stargardt disease. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2000;41:892-7 pubmed..To assess the mutation spectrum in the ABCR gene and clinical phenotypes in Italian families with autosomal recessive Stargardt disease (STGD1) and fundus flavimaculatus (FFM)...
- Frau D, Lai M, Caria P, Dettori T, Coni P, Faa G, et al. Trisomy 17 as a marker for a subset of noninvasive thyroid nodules with focal features of papillary carcinoma: cytogenetic and molecular analysis of 62 cases and correlation with histological findings. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:177-81 pubmed..Follicular thyroid carcinomas are often aneuploid and may exhibit t(2;3)(q13;p25), resulting in PAX8-PPARgamma1 gene fusion. Isolated trisomy 17 has rarely been reported in thyroid lesions, and its significance is unknown...
- Cortini F, Fenoglio C, Guidi I, Venturelli E, Pomati S, Marcone A, et al. Novel exon 1 progranulin gene variant in Alzheimer's disease. Eur J Neurol. 2008;15:1111-7 pubmed publisher..A novel putative PGRN mutation leading to an amino acidic substitution was identified in a patient with clinical AD. ..
- Albani D, Vittori A, Batelli S, Polito L, De Mauro S, Galimberti D, et al. Serotonin transporter gene polymorphic element 5-HTTLPR increases the risk of sporadic Parkinson's disease in Italy. Eur Neurol. 2009;62:120-3 pubmed publisher..5], p = 0.002) was found. The rs25531 and the haplotype 5-HTTLPR/rs25531 did not associate with risk of PD. Our data indicate that the 5-HTTLPR polymorphic element within the SLC6A4 promoter may govern the genetic risk of PD in Italians. ..
- Vukich M, Giordani T, Natali L, Cavallini A. Copia and Gypsy retrotransposons activity in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). BMC Plant Biol. 2009;9:150 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the retrotransposon life cycle is firmly controlled at a post transcriptional level. A possible silencing mechanism is discussed. ..
- Branda E, Turchetti B, Diolaiuti G, Pecci M, Smiraglia C, Buzzini P. Yeast and yeast-like diversity in the southernmost glacier of Europe (Calderone Glacier, Apennines, Italy). FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2010;72:354-69 pubmed publisher..Differences of yeast and yeast-like diversity between the glacier under study and other worldwide cold habitats are also discussed. ..
- Mengoni A, Mocali S, Surico G, Tegli S, Fani R. Fluctuation of endophytic bacteria and phytoplasmosis in elm trees. Microbiol Res. 2003;158:363-9 pubmed..2003). Results indicated that plants with symptoms of phytoplasmosis showed marked alterations in the extent of the fluctuations of the community along the seasons in the different plant organs...
- Barbanera F, Zuffi M, Guerrini M, Gentilli A, Tofanelli S, Fasola M, et al. Molecular phylogeography of the asp viper Vipera aspis (Linnaeus, 1758) in Italy: evidence for introgressive hybridization and mitochondrial DNA capture. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2009;52:103-14 pubmed publisher..Long-term drift and serial founder effects, rather than selection, appeared the main factors affecting the genetic make-up of the Italian asp viper. ..
- Crestanello B, Pecchioli E, Vernesi C, Mona S, Martinkova N, Janiga M, et al. The genetic impact of translocations and habitat fragmentation in chamois (Rupicapra) spp. J Hered. 2009;100:691-708 pubmed publisher..These results confirm the potential of population genetic analyses to dissect and interpret complex patterns of diversity in order to define factors important to conservation and management...
- Giorgini M, Bernardo U, Monti M, Nappo A, Gebiola M. Rickettsia symbionts cause parthenogenetic reproduction in the parasitoid wasp Pnigalio soemius (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae). Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:2589-99 pubmed publisher..A possible route for evolution of induction of parthenogenesis in the two distantly related Rickettsia lineages is discussed. ..
- DeGregorio L, Manenti G, Simeone A, Dragani T. Genetic mapping of the homeobox-containing gene Otx1 gene on mouse chromosome 11. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:241 pubmed
- Perletti L, Talarico D, Trecca D, Ronchetti D, Fracchiolla N, Maiolo A, et al. Identification of a novel gene, PSD, adjacent to NFKB2/lyt-10, which contains Sec7 and pleckstrin-homology domains. Genomics. 1997;46:251-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that the PSD gene may code for a protein related to a recently identified protein family containing both the Sec7 and the PH domains thought to be involved in signaling transduction processes. ..
- Grifa A, Totaro A, Rommens J, Carella M, Roetto A, Borgato L, et al. GABA (gamma-amino-butyric acid) neurotransmission: identification and fine mapping of the human GABAB receptor gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;250:240-5 pubmed..The GABAB receptor has been mapped to human chromosome 6p21.3 within the HLA class I region close to the HLA-F gene. Susceptibility loci for multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and schizophrenia have been suggested to map in this region. ..
- Regis S, Dagnino F, Caroli F, Filocamo M. Genomic structure of the human UDP-GlcNAc:dolichol-P GlcNAc-1-P transferase gene. DNA Seq. 2002;13:245-50 pubmed..Analysis of a panel of radiation hybrids led to the assignment of the GlcNAc-1-P transferase gene to chromosome 11, at 4.19 cR from NIB361, according to the location of the homologous sequences in the database at 11q23. ..
- Battilani M, Scagliarini A, Ciulli S, Morganti L, Prosperi S. High genetic diversity of the VP2 gene of a canine parvovirus strain detected in a domestic cat. Virology. 2006;352:22-6 pubmed..These findings confirm that CPV-2 shows high genetic heterogeneity resembling the quasispecies found in RNA viruses. ..
- Leoni C, Gallerani R, Ceci L. A genome walking strategy for the identification of eukaryotic nucleotide sequences adjacent to known regions. Biotechniques. 2008;44:229, 232-5 pubmed..1 gene (one member of the multigene family coding for the light harvesting protein Lhcbl) in the spinach genome. ..