Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dna in Japan
Publications178 found, 100 shown here
- Kimura C, Ohkubo S, Ogi K, Hosoya M, Itoh Y, Onda H, et al. A novel peptide which stimulates adenylate cyclase: molecular cloning and characterization of the ovine and human cDNAs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;166:81-9 pubmed..Cloning of PACAP38 cDNAs confirms the expression of the corresponding mRNAs and the presence of this neuropeptide in ovine hypothalamus and also in human testis. ..
- Nobukuni Y, Mitsubuchi H, Endo F, Asaka J, Oyama R, Titani K, et al. Isolation and characterization of a complementary DNA clone coding for the E1 beta subunit of the bovine branched-chain alpha-ketoacid dehydrogenase complex: complete amino acid sequence of the precursor protein and its proteolytic processing. Biochemistry. 1990;29:1154-60 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Moriyama K, Matsumoto S, Nishida E, Sakai H, Yahara I. Nucleotide sequence of mouse cofilin cDNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:3053 pubmed
- Mori S, Goto F, Goto K, Ohkawara S, Maeda S, Shimada K, et al. Cloning and sequence analysis of a cDNA for lymphocyte proliferation potentiating factor of rabbit polymorphonuclear leukocytes: identification rabbit interleukin 1 beta. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988;150:1237-43 pubmed..Taking into consideration the previous studies on biological activities, this cloned PMN factor is therefore considered to be rabbit IL 1 beta. ..
- Tanaka T, Horio Y, Taketoshi M, Imamura I, Ando Yamamoto M, Kangawa K, et al. Molecular cloning and sequencing of a cDNA of rat dopa decarboxylase: partial amino acid homologies with other enzymes synthesizing catecholamines. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:8142-6 pubmed..These results indicate that catecholamine biosynthetic enzymes are structurally related and suggest that their homologous domains are important for catechol-protein interactions. ..
- Kurabayashi M, Tsuchimochi H, Komuro I, Takaku F, Yazaki Y. Molecular cloning and characterization of human cardiac alpha- and beta-form myosin heavy chain complementary DNA clones. Regulation of expression during development and pressure overload in human atrium. J Clin Invest. 1988;82:524-31 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that MHC isozymic transition in pressure-overloaded atrium is, at least in part, regulated at a pretranslational level. ..
- Kozasa T, Itoh H, Tsukamoto T, Kaziro Y. Isolation and characterization of the human Gs alpha gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:2081-5 pubmed..In the 5' flanking region, there are several blocks of sequences that are similar to the sequences of the 5' flanking region of the human c-Ki-ras2 gene. ..
- Sorimachi H, Emori Y, Kawasaki H, Kitajima K, Inoue S, Suzuki K, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of cDNAs coding for apo-polysialoglycoprotein of rainbow trout eggs. Multiple mRNA species transcribed from multiple genes contain diverged numbers of exact 39-base (13-amino acid) repeats. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:17678-84 pubmed..Thus, the genes for apoPSGP constitute a multigene family. Expression of the mRNAs is stage and organ specific, i.e. they are expressed only in immature ovaries and not in mature ovaries or in any other organ. ..
- Tanaka H, Makino Y, Dahlman Wright K, Gustafsson J, Okamoto K, Makino I, et al. Zinc ions antagonize the inhibitory effect of aurothiomalate on glucocorticoid receptor function at physiological concentrations. Mol Pharmacol. 1995;48:938-45 pubmed..This complementary effect of Zn(II) was observed at physiological concentrations. We suggest that Zn(II) preserves glucocorticoid receptor function in target tissues and maintains hormone responsiveness, even with chrysotherapy. ..
- Aino H, Hashimoto H, Ogawa N, Nishino A, Yamamoto K, Nogi H, et al. Structure of the gene encoding the mouse pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide receptor. Gene. 1995;164:301-4 pubmed..The proximal promoter region is highly G+C rich and lacks an apparent TATA box, but contains a CCAAT box and two potential Sp1-binding sites. ..
- Nakamura Y, Komano H, Nakauchi H. Two alternative forms of cDNA encoding CD34. Exp Hematol. 1993;21:236-42 pubmed..Thus, the CD34 molecule represents a novel type of cell surface molecule that may have a role in early differentiation process of hematopoietic stem cells. ..
- Shibata H, Yoshino K, Muramatsu M, Plass C, Chapman V, Hayashizaki Y. The use of restriction landmark genomic scanning to scan the mouse genome for endogenous loci with imprinted patterns of methylation. Electrophoresis. 1995;16:210-7 pubmed..Irlgs 1 and 3 are B6- and D2-specific loci that had the same strain distribution pattern which mapped to the central region of chromosome 9.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Nagata Y, Shoji W, Obinata M, Todokoro K. Phosphorylation of helix-loop-helix proteins ID1, ID2 and ID3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;207:916-26 pubmed..Taken together with other observations, phosphorylation of Id proteins may play a role in regulation of cell differentiation but not directly in the dimerization and DNA binding. ..
- Uehara Y, Sasaguri M, Kinoshita A, Tsuji E, Kiyose H, Taniguchi H, et al. Genetic analysis of the epithelial sodium channel in Liddle's syndrome. J Hypertens. 1998;16:1131-5 pubmed..A genetic analysis of the amiloride-sensitive epithelial sodium channel is recommended in assessing patients with low-renin, salt-sensitive hypertension whose blood pressure is not responsive to spironolactone treatment. ..
- Nedachi T, Akahori M, Ariga M, Sakamoto H, Suzuki N, Umesaki K, et al. Tyrosine kinase and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activation are required for cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate-dependent potentiation of deoxyribonucleic acid synthesis induced by insulin-like growth factor-I in FRTL-5 cells. Endocrinology. 2000;141:2429-38 pubmed..These mechanisms appear to be necessary for cAMP-dependent potentiation of the DNA synthesis induced by IGF-I. ..
- Kumada M, Iwamoto S, Kamesaki T, Okuda H, Kajii E. Entire sequence of a mouse chromosomal segment containing the gene Rhced and a comparative analysis of the homologous human sequence. Gene. 2002;299:165-72 pubmed..Despite the steady improvements in the draft sequence of the human genome, this study demonstrates the continuing benefits of comparative genetic analyses in increasing our understanding of human genomic structure. ..
- Ikeda H, Satoh H, Yanase M, Inoue Y, Tomiya T, Arai M, et al. Antiproliferative property of sphingosine 1-phosphate in rat hepatocytes involves activation of Rho via Edg-5. Gastroenterology. 2003;124:459-69 pubmed..S1P has an antiproliferative property in rat hepatocytes by activating Rho via Edg-5. Our results raise the possibility that S1P is a negative regulator in liver regeneration. ..
- Yamashita A, Kanda D, Katoono R, Yui N, Ooya T, Maruyama A, et al. Supramolecular control of polyplex dissociation and cell transfection: efficacy of amino groups and threading cyclodextrins in biocleavable polyrotaxanes. J Control Release. 2008;131:137-44 pubmed publisher..Therefore, transfection activity seems to be related to an appropriate timing of pDNA release. ..
- Tsutsui M, Matsubara K, Ohshiro T, Furuhashi M, Taniguchi M, Kawai T. Electrical detection of single methylcytosines in a DNA oligomer. J Am Chem Soc. 2011;133:9124-8 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate statistical identifications of methylcytosines in an oligonucleotide by tunneling current. This result suggests a possible use of the transverse electron-transport method for a methylation level analysis. ..
- Tajiri K, Imanaka Yoshida K, Matsubara A, Tsujimura Y, Hiroe M, Naka T, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 DNA administration inhibits inflammatory and pathogenic responses in autoimmune myocarditis. J Immunol. 2012;189:2043-53 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that SOCS1 DNA administration has considerable therapeutic potential in individuals with autoimmune myocarditis and dilated cardiomyopathy. ..
- Iwahana H, Yoshimoto K, Shigekiyo T, Shirakami A, Saito S, Itakura M. Molecular and genetic analysis of a compound heterozygote for dysprothrombinemia of prothrombin Tokushima and hypoprothrombinemia. Am J Hum Genet. 1992;51:1386-95 pubmed..The inheritance of the hypoprothrombinemia gene from the father to the proband was proved by PCR-SSCP with endonuclease digestion and mutated primer-mediated PCR-RFLP. ..
- Kuno T, Kajimoto Y, Hashimoto T, Mukai H, Shirai Y, Saheki S, et al. cDNA cloning of a neural visinin-like Ca(2+)-binding protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;184:1219-25 pubmed..It displays striking sequence homology with visinin and recoverin, retina-specific Ca(2+)-binding proteins. Northern blot analysis revealed that the protein is highly and specifically expressed in the brain. ..
- Tsuzuki S, Miura Y, Fushiki T, Oomori T, Satoh T, Natori Y, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of genes encoding rat pancreatic cholecystokinin (CCK)-releasing peptide (monitor peptide) and pancreatic secretory trypsin inhibitor (PSTI). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1132:199-202 pubmed..The two genes share extremely high sequence similarity in the 5' flanking regions, suggesting that these regions may be responsible for the characteristic coordinate expression of the two peptides. ..
- Yano H, Kitano N, Morimoto M, Polonsky K, Imura H, Seino Y. A novel point mutation in the human insulin gene giving rise to hyperproinsulinemia (proinsulin Kyoto). J Clin Invest. 1992;89:1902-7 pubmed..Rapid detection of this mutation can be accomplished by HindIII restriction enzyme mapping of polymerase chain reaction-generated DNA, which enables us to facilitate the diagnosis and screening. ..
- Sato M, Kitazawa T, Iwai T, Seki J, Sakato N, Kato J, et al. Isolation of chicken-bek and a related gene; identification of structural variation in the ligand-binding domains of the FGF-receptor family. Oncogene. 1991;6:1279-83 pubmed..Furthermore, another bek-like gene was isolated and the expressions of its mRNA and protein product were analysed in tissues and cultured cells. ..
- Sugimoto M, Matsui H, Etoh S, Shimizu T, Nishio H, Moia L, et al. Isolation and sequence of rat testis cDNA for a calcium binding polypeptide similar to the regulatory subunit of calcineurin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;180:1476-82 pubmed
- Nakao M, Nomiyama H, Shimada K. Structures of human genes coding for cytokine LD78 and their expression. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:3646-58 pubmed..mRNA phenotyping experiments revealed that the LD78 alpha and LD78 beta genes were both transcribed in PMA-stimulated U937 cells. ..
- Horikawa S, Sasuga J, Shimizu K, Ozasa H, Tsukada K. Molecular cloning and nucleotide sequence of cDNA encoding the rat kidney S-adenosylmethionine synthetase. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:13683-6 pubmed..Thus, kidney- and liver-type S-adenosylmethionine synthetase isozyme mRNAs were expressed in various tissues with different tissue specificities. ..
- Kageyama R, Sasai Y, Nakanishi S. Molecular characterization of transcription factors that bind to the cAMP responsive region of the substance P precursor gene. cDNA cloning of a novel C/EBP-related factor. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:15525-31 pubmed..These results demonstrate that multiple factors are responsible for transcriptional control of the substance P precursor gene through the CRE region. ..
- Ishikawa T, Umesono K, Mangelsdorf D, Aburatani H, Stanger B, Shibasaki Y, et al. A functional retinoic acid receptor encoded by the gene on human chromosome 12. Mol Endocrinol. 1990;4:837-44 pubmed..This gene has been mapped to human chromosome 12, which is distinct from those coding for either alpha or beta RAR, and thus encodes a third human RAR. ..
- Ishiguro N, Osame S, Kagiya R, Ichijo S, Shinagawa M. Primary structure of bovine lactate dehydrogenase-A isozyme and its synthesis in Escherichia coli. Gene. 1990;91:281-5 pubmed..The protein synthesized in E. coli showed enzyme activity of LDH and was identified by cellogel electrophoresis as LDH-5 isozyme whose subunit M chain is the product of the LDH-A gene. ..
- Kurihara T, Takahashi Y, Nishiyama A, Kumanishi T. cDNA cloning and amino acid sequence of human brain 2',3'-cyclic-nucleotide 3'-phosphodiesterase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988;152:837-42 pubmed..RNA blot hybridization revealed a single mRNA band at the position of about 3000 bases. DNA blot hybridization suggested that a single-copy 2',3'-cyclic-nucleotide 3'-phosphodiesterase gene exists per haploid genome. ..
- Otsuka M, Mizuno Y, Yoshida M, Kagawa Y, Ohta S. Nucleotide sequence of cDNA encoding human cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIc. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:10916 pubmed
- Tominaga H, Kawagishi S, Ashida H, Sawa Y, Ochiai H. Structure and replication of cryptic plasmids, pMA1 and pMA2, from a unicellular cyanobacterium, Microcystis aeruginosa. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1995;59:1217-20 pubmed..No rep protein was detected. Replication mechanisms of the plasmids are discussed. ..
- Kouchi H, Hata S. Isolation and characterization of novel nodulin cDNAs representing genes expressed at early stages of soybean nodule development. Mol Gen Genet. 1993;238:106-19 pubmed..On the other hand, GmN#93 transcripts first appeared in the primary nodule meristem just below the root epidermis. In mature nodules they were only present in the infected cells...
- Yamada H, Miyahara T, Kozuka H, Matsuhashi T, Sasaki Y. Potentiating effects of organomercuries on clastogen-induced chromosome aberrations in cultured Chinese hamster cells. Mutat Res. 1993;290:281-91 pubmed
- Tagawa M, Shirasawa T, Fujimura S, Sakiyama S. Expression of protein tyrosine phosphatase genes in the developing brain of mouse and rat. Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1994;33:1221-7 pubmed..Since they retain conserved phosphatase sequences, they may represent a family of protein tyrosine phosphatase gene that is commonly expressed in rodent brain. ..
- Aruga J, Yokota N, Hashimoto M, Furuichi T, Fukuda M, Mikoshiba K. A novel zinc finger protein, zic, is involved in neurogenesis, especially in the cell lineage of cerebellar granule cells. J Neurochem. 1994;63:1880-90 pubmed..These findings suggest that zic is one of a number of nuclear factors involved in both differentiation in early development and maintenance of properties of the cerebellar granule cells. ..
- Nisitani S, Tsubata T, Murakami M, Okamoto M, Honjo T. The bcl-2 gene product inhibits clonal deletion of self-reactive B lymphocytes in the periphery but not in the bone marrow. J Exp Med. 1993;178:1247-54 pubmed..These results indicate that the mechanism for clonal deletion of immature self-reactive B cells in the bone marrow differs from that of mature self-reactive B cells in the periphery. ..
- Ozaki T, Sakiyama S. Molecular cloning of rat calpactin I heavy-chain cDNA whose expression is induced in v-src-transformed rat culture cell lines. Oncogene. 1993;8:1707-10 pubmed..As the expression of p36 and p11 genes was increased in transformed cells irrespective of the nature of oncogene products, overexpression of p36 and p11 genes might be involved in the key step of cellular transformation. ..
- Arai H, Nakao K, Takaya K, Hosoda K, Ogawa Y, Nakanishi S, et al. The human endothelin-B receptor gene. Structural organization and chromosomal assignment. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:3463-70 pubmed..The present study will lead to a better understanding of the mechanism for the transcriptional regulation of the hET-BR gene and will give a clue as to how to search for possible genetic disorders of hET-BR. ..
- Higashino F, Yoshida K, Fujinaga Y, Kamio K, Fujinaga K. Isolation of a cDNA encoding the adenovirus E1A enhancer binding protein: a new human member of the ets oncogene family. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:547-53 pubmed..In contrast, ets-2 mRNA was significantly reduced in infected HeLa cells. The results indicate that E1A enhancer binding protein E1A-F is a member of the ets oncogene family and is probably a human homologue of mouse PEA3. ..
- Iwahana H, Yamaoka T, Mizutani M, Mizusawa N, Ii S, Yoshimoto K, et al. Molecular cloning of rat amidophosphoribosyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:7225-37 pubmed..Comparison with chicken ATase showed that 2 cysteine residues for an iron-sulfur cluster were conserved. Three conserved and two non-conserved consensus phosphorylation sites for cAMP-dependent protein kinase were found. ..
- Kinugawa K, Shimizu T, Yao A, Kohmoto O, Serizawa T, Takahashi T. Transcriptional regulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase in cultured neonatal rat cardiac myocytes. Circ Res. 1997;81:911-21 pubmed..These data suggest that (1) iNOS induction simultaneously requires both NF-kappa B activation and IRF-1 induction, and (2) the heterodimer between C/EBP and CREB has synergistic effects on the iNOS induction via the CAAT box. ..
- Itoh K, Naganawa Y, Matsuzawa F, Aikawa S, Doi H, Sasagasako N, et al. Novel missense mutations in the human lysosomal sialidase gene in sialidosis patients and prediction of structural alterations of mutant enzymes. J Hum Genet. 2002;47:29-37 pubmed..The W240R substitution was deduced to influence the molecular surface structure of a limited region of the constructed models, which was also influenced by previously identified V217M and G243R transversions. ..
- Ueda M, Kojima M, Yoshikawa T, Mitsuda N, Araki K, Kawaguchi T, et al. A novel type of family 19 chitinase from Aeromonas sp. No.10S-24. Cloning, sequence, expression, and the enzymatic properties. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:2513-20 pubmed..Thus, the Aeromonas enzyme was found to be a novel type of family 19 chitinase in its structural and functional properties. ..
- Yamauchi K, Yang S, Ohta A, Sohara E, Rai T, Sasaki S, et al. Apical localization of renal K channel was not altered in mutant WNK4 transgenic mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;332:750-5 pubmed..This result indicates that the mutant WNK4 does not have a dominant effect on the cellular localization of ROMK in vivo. ..
- Kobayashi Osaki M, Ohneda O, Suzuki N, Minegishi N, Yokomizo T, Takahashi S, et al. GATA motifs regulate early hematopoietic lineage-specific expression of the Gata2 gene. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:7005-20 pubmed..These results thus show that the Gata2 gene IS promoter is regulated by a GATA factor(s) and selectively marks putative hematopoietic/endothelial precursor cells within the P-Sp. ..
- Nogami H, Hiraoka Y, Ogasawara K, Aiso S, Hisano S. The role of pit-1 in the regulation of the rat growth hormone-releasing hormone receptor gene transcription by glucocorticoids. J Mol Endocrinol. 2005;35:477-88 pubmed..The present results also suggest that the synergistic activation of the rat GHRH-receptor gene transcription depends on the proper distance between the proximal glucocorticoid response element and the pit-1 binding site. ..
- Ohta K, Nobukuni Y, Mitsubuchi H, Fujimoto S, Matsuo N, Inagaki H, et al. Mutations in the Pit-1 gene in children with combined pituitary hormone deficiency. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;189:851-5 pubmed
- Kume A, Koyata H, Sakakibara T, Ishiguro Y, Kure S, Hiraga K. The glycine cleavage system. Molecular cloning of the chicken and human glycine decarboxylase cDNAs and some characteristics involved in the deduced protein structures. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:3323-9 pubmed..It is suggested that these structures are involved in the organization of the active site of glycine decarboxylase. ..
- Sakamoto K, Ishida N. Molecular cloning of serotonin N-acetyltransferase gene from the mouse and its daily expression in the retina. Neurosci Lett. 1998;250:181-4 pubmed..These findings suggest that the expression mechanism of AA-NAT transcripts in the mouse retina may be different from those in other mammals, where a single transcript of AA-NAT is normally observed in Northern blots. ..
- Ohyama K, Ito T, Kanisawa M. The roles of diesel exhaust particle extracts and the promotive effects of NO2 and/or SO2 exposure on rat lung tumorigenesis. Cancer Lett. 1999;139:189-97 pubmed
- Hasegawa K, Ohno S, Ashihara T, Itoh H, Ding W, Toyoda F, et al. A novel KCNQ1 missense mutation identified in a patient with juvenile-onset atrial fibrillation causes constitutively open IKs channels. Heart Rhythm. 2014;11:67-75 pubmed publisher..A novel KCNQ1-G229D mutation identified in a juvenile-onset AF patient altered the IKs activity and kinetics, thereby increasing the arrhythmogenicity to AF. ..
- Tsuji S, Kobayashi H, Uchida Y, Ihara Y, Miyatake T. Molecular cloning of human growth inhibitory factor cDNA and its down-regulation in Alzheimer's disease. EMBO J. 1992;11:4843-50 pubmed..Northern blot analysis revealed that expression of the GIF mRNA is drastically decreased in AD brains. The result raises the possibility that down-regulation of the GIF gene in AD brain plays an important role in the pathogenesis of AD. ..
- Tsutsui J, Uehara K, Kadomatsu K, Matsubara S, Muramatsu T. A new family of heparin-binding factors: strong conservation of midkine (MK) sequences between the human and the mouse. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;176:792-7 pubmed..Comparison of MK and HB-GAM/pleiotrophin (another member of the family) from various species revealed sequences conserved in the family and those specific for each protein. ..
- Takenaga K, Nakamura Y, Tokunaga K, Kageyama H, Sakiyama S. Isolation and characterization of a cDNA that encodes mouse fibroblast tropomyosin isoform 2. Mol Cell Biol. 1988;8:5561-5 pubmed..Takenaga, Y. Nakamura, and S. Sakiyama, Mol. Cell. Biol. 8:3934-3937, 1988) at the protein level. ..
- Nakamura M, Honda Z, Izumi T, Sakanaka C, Mutoh H, Minami M, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of platelet-activating factor receptor from human leukocytes. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:20400-5 pubmed..The production of the mRNA was prominently increased when EoL-1 cells were treated with granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor, interleukin-5, and n-butyrate. ..
- Matsuura S, Kishi F, Kajii T. Characterization of a 5'-flanking region of the human liver/bone/kidney alkaline phosphatase gene: two kinds of mRNA from a single gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;168:993-1000 pubmed..4 kb upstream from exon 2 and the alternative splicing in the first exon was indicated. RNA blot analysis showed that three species of mRNA of 2.5, 4.1 and 4.7 kilobases were detected in liver and developmentally regulated. ..
- Xia B, Waterhouse R, Watanabe Y, Kajiwara H, Komatsu S, Hirano H. Nucleotide sequence of a soybean (Glycine max L. Merr.) ubiquitin gene. Plant Physiol. 1994;104:805-6 pubmed
- Nakatani S, Naoe A, Yamamoto Y, Yamauchi T, Yamaguchi N, Ishibashi M. Isolation of bisindole alkaloids that inhibit the cell cycle from Myxomycetes Arcyria ferruginea and Tubifera casparyi. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2003;13:2879-81 pubmed..Arcyriaflavin C (3) exhibited cell cycle inhibition effect at G1 and G2/M stage at 10 and 100ng/mL, respectively...
- Miura K, Oda M, Makita S, Chinzei Y. Characterization of the Drosophila Methoprene -tolerant gene product. Juvenile hormone binding and ligand-dependent gene regulation. FEBS J. 2005;272:1169-78 pubmed..Localization of MET in the S2 cells was nuclear irrespective of the presence or absence of JH. These results suggest that MET may function as a JH-dependent transcription factor. ..
- Shimizu T, Hiyama T, Ikeuchi M, Koike H, Inoue Y. Nucleotide sequence of the psaC gene of the cyanobacterium Synechococcus vulcanus. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:3644 pubmed
- Ito A, Hashimoto T, Hirai M, Takeda T, Shuntoh H, Kuno T, et al. The complete primary structure of calcineurin A, a calmodulin binding protein homologous with protein phosphatases 1 and 2A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;163:1492-7 pubmed..These data suggest that the allosteric character of this chimeric enzyme is generated by gene fusion of two separate protein families. ..
- Shinomura T, Zako M, Ito K, Ujita M, Kimata K. The gene structure and organization of mouse PG-M, a large chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan. Genomic background for the generation of multiple PG-M transcripts. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:10328-33 pubmed..Northern hybridization analysis showed that at least three different transcripts were generated by different usage of the distinct polyadenylation signals. ..
- Takeuchi S, Suzuki S, Hirose S, Yabuuchi M, Sato C, Yamamoto H, et al. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of the chick melanocortin 1-receptor gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1306:122-6 pubmed..A cis-element responsible for melanocyte-specific transcription is found in its 5' upstream region. It is probable that the expression of the receptor in melanocytes is closely correlated with that of melanogenesis-related genes. ..
- Kita K, Mashiba S, Nagita M, Ishimaru K, Okamoto K, Yanase H, et al. Cloning of poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) depolymerase from a marine bacterium, Alcaligenes faecalis AE122, and characterization of its gene product. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1352:113-22 pubmed..The PHB depolymerase gene was expressed in Escherichia coli under the control of the tac promoter. The enzyme expressed in E. coli was purified from culture broth and showed the same catalytic properties as the enzyme from A. faecalis...
- Namekawa S, Hamada F, Sawado T, Ishii S, Nara T, Ishizaki T, et al. Dissociation of DNA polymerase alpha-primase complex during meiosis in Coprinus cinereus. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:2137-46 pubmed..These results suggest that the form of the DNA polymerase alpha-primase complex is altered during meiotic development...
- Iizasa H, Yoneyama H, Mukaida N, Katakoka Y, Naito M, Yoshida N, et al. Exacerbation of granuloma formation in IL-1 receptor antagonist-deficient mice with impaired dendritic cell maturation associated with Th2 cytokine production. J Immunol. 2005;174:3273-80 pubmed..Thus, hepatocyte-derived IL-1ra may control optimal activation and migration of inflammatory DCs within the liver and thereby determine the local immune responses in granulomatous liver disease. ..
- Fujita K, Sagisaka A, Tomimoto K, Ishibashi J, Imanishi S, Yamakawa M, et al. DNA vector-based RNA interference in cell lines derived from Bombyx mori. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:2026-31 pubmed
- Machida H, Ito S, Hirose T, Takeshita F, Oshiro H, Nakamura T, et al. Expression of Toll-like receptor 9 in renal podocytes in childhood-onset active and inactive lupus nephritis. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2010;25:2530-537 pubmed publisher..This expression could be associated with proteinuria and increased anti-dsDNA antibody. This is the first report indicating that TLR9 is involved in the aetiology of LN and that it may play some role in podocyte injury. ..
- Mori H, Imai M, Shigesada K. Mutant rho factors with increased transcription termination activities. II. Identification and functional dissection of amino acid changes. J Mol Biol. 1989;210:39-49 pubmed
- Kokura K, Kishimoto T, Tamura T. Identity between rat htf and human xbp-1 genes: determination of gene structure, target sequence, and transcription promotion function for HTF. Gene. 2000;241:297-307 pubmed..Sequences around the transcription initiation site for the 2.0 kb transcript were similar in rhtf and hxbp-1 genes. Our observations suggest that HTF is a rat homolog of hXBP-1. ..
- Masaki S, Watanabe T. cDNA sequence analysis of CP94: rat lens fiber cell beaded-filament structural protein shows homology to cytokeratins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;186:190-8 pubmed
- Koyata H, Hiraga K. The glycine cleavage system: structure of a cDNA encoding human H-protein, and partial characterization of its gene in patients with hyperglycinemias. Am J Hum Genet. 1991;48:351-61 pubmed
- Hata S, Kouchi H, Suzuka I, Ishii T. Isolation and characterization of cDNA clones for plant cyclins. EMBO J. 1991;10:2681-8 pubmed..Other cyclin genes may be present because, on Southern blot analysis of soybean genomic DNA, the isolated soybean cDNA probe hybridized with additional genes under low stringency...
- Sasaki H, Yokoyama E, Kuroiwa A. Specific DNA binding of the two chicken Deformed family homeodomain proteins, Chox-1.4 and Chox-a. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:1739-47 pubmed..A clustered binding site was identified in the 5'-upstream of the Chox-a gene, suggesting that this clustered binding site works as a cis-regulatory element for auto- and/or cross-regulation of Chox-a gene expression. ..
- Tsukagoshi N, Ando Y, Tomita Y, Uchida R, Takemura T, Sasaki T, et al. Nucleotide sequence and expression in Escherichia coli of cDNA of swine pepsinogen: involvement of the amino-terminal portion of the activation peptide segment in restoration of the functional protein. Gene. 1988;65:285-92 pubmed..Furthermore, the renatured pAS5 protein was spontaneously converted to pepsin under acidic conditions. The presence of Arg-8 in the activation peptide segment appears important for the stabilization of the pepsinogen molecule. ..
- Li F, Ueda H, Hirose S. Mediators of activation of fushi tarazu gene transcription by BmFTZ-F1. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:3013-21 pubmed..Both MBF1 and MBF2 are necessary to form a complex between BmFTZ-F1 and TBP. We propose a model in which MBF1 and MBF2 form a bridge between BmFTZ-F1 and TBP and mediate transactivation by stabilizing the protein-DNA interactions. ..
- Sasaki K, Kurata K, Funayama K, Nagata M, Watanabe E, Ohta S, et al. Expression cloning of a novel alpha 1,3-fucosyltransferase that is involved in biosynthesis of the sialyl Lewis x carbohydrate determinants in leukocytes. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:14730-7 pubmed..These results suggest that Fuc-TVII may participate in the biosynthesis of the selectin ligands. ..
- Naruse T, Ando R, Nose Y, Kagiya M, Ando H, Kawata H, et al. HLA-DRB4 genotyping by PCR-RFLP: diversity in the associations between HLA-DRB4 and DRB1 alleles. Tissue Antigens. 1997;49:152-9 pubmed..These findings reveal extensive diversity of the HLA-DRB1 and -DRB4 haplotypes and may have important implications for HLA-disease associations and donor selection in unrelated transplantation. ..
- Iwakiri K, Ghazizadeh M, Jin E, Fujiwara M, Takemura T, Takezaki S, et al. Human airway trypsin-like protease induces PAR-2-mediated IL-8 release in psoriasis vulgaris. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;122:937-44 pubmed..Inhibition of PAR-2 resulted in a decreased HAT-induced IL-8 release. Thus, HAT might promote PAR-2-mediated IL-8 production to accumulate inflammatory cells in the epidermal layer of psoriasis. ..
- Iijima S, Teraoka H, Date T, Tsukada K. DNA-activated protein kinase in Raji Burkitt's lymphoma cells. Phosphorylation of c-Myc oncoprotein. Eur J Biochem. 1992;206:595-603 pubmed..Phosphopeptide mapping and phosphoamino acid analysis indicated that DNA-PK phosphorylates c-Myc in vitro at several serine residues. ..
- Tsuji S, Yamauchi T, Hiraiwa M, Isobe T, Okuyama T, Sakimura K, et al. Molecular cloning of a full-length cDNA for human alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminidase (alpha-galactosidase B). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;163:1498-504 pubmed..The substrate specificities as well as the behavior of the 46 kDa protein on hydroxylapatite chromatography confirmed that the 46 kDa protein is in reality alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminidase. ..
- Miyazaki Y, Setoguchi M, Higuchi Y, Yoshida S, Akizuki S, Yamamoto S. Nucleotide sequence of cDNA encoding the heavy subunit of mouse macrophage ferritin. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:10373 pubmed
- Kobayashi K, Tagawa S. Direct observation of guanine radical cation deprotonation in duplex DNA using pulse radiolysis. J Am Chem Soc. 2003;125:10213-8 pubmed
- Shiina T, Ota M, Shimizu S, Katsuyama Y, Hashimoto N, Takasu M, et al. Rapid evolution of major histocompatibility complex class I genes in primates generates new disease alleles in humans via hitchhiking diversity. Genetics. 2006;173:1555-70 pubmed..This is most likely reminiscent of the fact that these hsSNV and hv1SNV have been selected in adaptation to the constantly evolving microbial antigenic repertoire. ..
- Matuoka K, Shibata M, Yamakawa A, Takenawa T. Cloning of ASH, a ubiquitous protein composed of one Src homology region (SH) 2 and two SH3 domains, from human and rat cDNA libraries. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:9015-9 pubmed
- Yokotani N, Kusunose E, Sogawa K, Kawashima H, Kinosaki M, Kusunose M, et al. cDNA cloning and expression of the mRNA for cytochrome P-450kd which shows a fatty acid omega-hydroxylating activity. Eur J Biochem. 1991;196:531-6 pubmed..Treatment of rabbits with clofibrate resulted in a elevated level of mRNA for P-450kd in both liver and kidney. Furthermore, the mRNA was remarkably increased in the kidney by the administration of cyclosporin A. ..
- Nakao S, Takenaka T, Maeda M, Kodama C, Tanaka A, Tahara M, et al. An atypical variant of Fabry's disease in men with left ventricular hypertrophy. N Engl J Med. 1995;333:288-93 pubmed..Fabry's disease should be considered as a cause of unexplained left ventricular hypertrophy. ..