Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on disease progression in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: disease progression
Publications811 found, 100 shown here
- Marigorta U, Denson L, Hyams J, Mondal K, Prince J, Walters T, et al. Transcriptional risk scores link GWAS to eQTLs and predict complications in Crohn's disease. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1517-1521 pubmed publisher..The TRS approach constitutes a potential strategy for personalized medicine that enhances inference from static genotypic risk assessment. ..
- McAlpine C, Barak Y, Matise I, Cormier R. Intestinal-specific PPARgamma deficiency enhances tumorigenesis in ApcMin/+ mice. Int J Cancer. 2006;119:2339-46 pubmed..Our results suggest that PPARgamma functions as a tumor resistance factor in the mouse intestine and warrant further investigation of the PPARgamma-dependent and independent actions of TZDs in cancer. ..
- Mahamed S, Mitchell G. Is there a link between intermittent hypoxia-induced respiratory plasticity and obstructive sleep apnoea?. Exp Physiol. 2007;92:27-37 pubmed
- Makishima H, Jankowska A, McDevitt M, O Keefe C, Dujardin S, Cazzolli H, et al. CBL, CBLB, TET2, ASXL1, and IDH1/2 mutations and additional chromosomal aberrations constitute molecular events in chronic myelogenous leukemia. Blood. 2011;117:e198-206 pubmed publisher..2 and 21q22.12 involved tumor associated genes NF1 and RUNX1, respectively. Our results indicate that CBL family, TET2, ASXL1, and IDH family mutations and additional cryptic karyotypic abnormalities can occur in advanced phase CML. ..
- Nathan D, Bebu I, Hainsworth D, Klein R, Tamborlane W, Lorenzi G, et al. Frequency of Evidence-Based Screening for Retinopathy in Type 1 Diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2017;376:1507-1516 pubmed publisher..Funded by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases and others; DCCT/EDIC ClinicalTrials.gov numbers, NCT00360893 and NCT00360815 .). ..
- Johnson A, Yabu J, Hanson S, Shah V, Zager R. Experimental glomerulopathy alters renal cortical cholesterol, SR-B1, ABCA1, and HMG CoA reductase expression. Am J Pathol. 2003;162:283-91 pubmed..However, HMGCR protein/mRNA increments can also result. These seem to reflect a maladaptive response, potentially contributing to a cell cholesterol overload state...
- Montano Loza A, Czaja A. Current therapy for autoimmune hepatitis. Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;4:202-14 pubmed
- Durudas A, Milush J, Chen H, Engram J, Silvestri G, Sodora D. Elevated levels of innate immune modulators in lymph nodes and blood are associated with more-rapid disease progression in simian immunodeficiency virus-infected monkeys. J Virol. 2009;83:12229-40 pubmed publisher..Understanding the expression patterns of key innate immune modulators will be useful in assessing the disease state and potential rates of disease progression in HIV(+) patients, which could lead to novel therapy and vaccine approaches. ..
- Warnock D, Daina E, Remuzzi G, West M. Enzyme replacement therapy and Fabry nephropathy. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010;5:371-8 pubmed publisher..73 m(2)/yr, which is that seen in the normal adult population. A systematic approach is presented for reaching this goal in the individual patient. ..
- Jacobson A, Senior R, Cerqueira M, Wong N, Thomas G, Lopez V, et al. Myocardial iodine-123 meta-iodobenzylguanidine imaging and cardiac events in heart failure. Results of the prospective ADMIRE-HF (AdreView Myocardial Imaging for Risk Evaluation in Heart Failure) study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010;55:2212-21 pubmed publisher
- Ackerman M, Priori S, Willems S, Berul C, Brugada R, Calkins H, et al. HRS/EHRA expert consensus statement on the state of genetic testing for the channelopathies and cardiomyopathies this document was developed as a partnership between the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) and the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA). Heart Rhythm. 2011;8:1308-39 pubmed publisher
- Shukla S, Bhaskaran N, MacLennan G, Gupta S. Deregulation of FoxO3a accelerates prostate cancer progression in TRAMP mice. Prostate. 2013;73:1507-17 pubmed publisher..Restoration of FoxO3a activity represents an attractive therapeutic target in the chemoprevention and possibly in inhibition of progression of prostate cancer. ..
- Xu J, Galley J, Bailey M, Thomas Ahner J, Clinton S, Olivo Marston S. The Impact of Dietary Energy Intake Early in Life on the Colonic Microbiota of Adult Mice. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19083 pubmed publisher..Integration of early life and adult dietary impacts on the colonic microbial structure and function with host molecular processes involved in colon carcinogenesis will be key to defining preventive strategies. ..
- Turner T, Renfroe J, Elm J, Duppstadt Delambo A, Hinson V. Robustness of reliable change indices to variability in Parkinson's disease with mild cognitive impairment. Appl Neuropsychol Adult. 2016;23:399-402 pubmed publisher..Our findings support continued application of 90% RCIs when using executive function tests to assess change in neurological populations with fluctuating status. ..
- Kong X, Strauss R, Cideciyan A, Michaelides M, Sahel J, Munoz B, et al. Visual Acuity Change over 12 Months in the Prospective Progression of Atrophy Secondary to Stargardt Disease (ProgStar) Study: ProgStar Report Number 6. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1640-1651 pubmed publisher..Given the slow change during 1 year, BCVA is unlikely to be a sensitive outcome measure for STGD1 treatment trials with 1 year's duration. ..
- Maurer M, Elliott P, Merlini G, Shah S, Cruz M, Flynn A, et al. Design and Rationale of the Phase 3 ATTR-ACT Clinical Trial (Tafamidis in Transthyretin Cardiomyopathy Clinical Trial). Circ Heart Fail. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..The ATTR-ACT study will provide important insight into the efficacy and safety of tafamidis for the treatment of TTR-CM. URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01994889. ..
- Lau G, Lau G, Yu G, Gelman I, Gutowski A, Hangauer D, et al. Expression of Src and FAK in hepatocellular carcinoma and the effect of Src inhibitors on hepatocellular carcinoma in vitro. Dig Dis Sci. 2009;54:1465-74 pubmed publisher..Src antagonism with specific inhibitors may be an attractive treatment paradigm for patients with HCC. ..
- Fernandez H. Updates in the medical management of Parkinson disease. Cleve Clin J Med. 2012;79:28-35 pubmed publisher..A cure remains elusive. However, promising interventions and agents are emerging. As an example, people who exercise regularly are less likely to develop Parkinson disease, and if they develop it, they tend to have slower progression. ..
- Abdel Rahman M, Cebulla C, Verma V, Christopher B, Carson W, Olencki T, et al. Monosomy 3 status of uveal melanoma metastases is associated with rapidly progressive tumors and short survival. Exp Eye Res. 2012;100:26-31 pubmed publisher..These findings should be considered when designing clinical trials testing effectiveness of various therapies of metastatic UM...
- Mittal K, Choi D, Klimov S, Pawar S, Kaur R, Mitra A, et al. A centrosome clustering protein, KIFC1, predicts aggressive disease course in serous ovarian adenocarcinomas. J Ovarian Res. 2016;9:17 pubmed publisher..These findings compellingly underscore that KIFC1 can be a biomarker that predicts an aggressive disease course in ovarian adenocarcinomas. ..
- Sharma L, Chang A, Jackson R, Nevitt M, Moisio K, Hochberg M, et al. Varus Thrust and Incident and Progressive Knee Osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:2136-2143 pubmed publisher..Within the stratum of varus knees, thrust was associated with an increased risk of progression. Varus thrust visualized during gait is associated with knee OA progression and should be a target of intervention development. ..
- Reeves R, Edberg D, Li Y. Architectural transcription factor HMGI(Y) promotes tumor progression and mesenchymal transition of human epithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:575-94 pubmed
- Klein R, Klein B, Knudtson M, Meuer S, Swift M, Gangnon R. Fifteen-year cumulative incidence of age-related macular degeneration: the Beaver Dam Eye Study. Ophthalmology. 2007;114:253-62 pubmed..To describe the 15-year cumulative incidence of signs of early and late age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Chan K, LaChance D, Harper C, Lennon V. Frequency of seronegativity in adult-acquired generalized myasthenia gravis. Muscle Nerve. 2007;36:651-8 pubmed..Classification as seronegative MG should be reserved for nonimmunosuppressed patients with generalized MG who lack muscle AChR binding, AChR modulating, or MuSK antibodies at presentation and at follow-up of at least 12 months. ..
- Bell M, Robuck P, Wright E, Mihova M, Hofmann C, De Santo J, et al. Automated summaries of serious adverse events in the hepatitis C antiviral long-term treatment against cirrhosis trial. Clin Trials. 2009;6:618-27 pubmed publisher..The summary was adaptable to the needs of reviewers because of the availability of multiple search options. ..
- Wheeler D, Dunn E, Harari P. Understanding resistance to EGFR inhibitors-impact on future treatment strategies. Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2010;7:493-507 pubmed publisher..A greater understanding of the mechanisms that lead to EGFR resistance may provide valuable insights to help design new strategies that will enhance the impact of this promising class of inhibitors for the treatment of cancer. ..
- Zafar I, Ravichandran K, Belibi F, Doctor R, Edelstein C. Sirolimus attenuates disease progression in an orthologous mouse model of human autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. Kidney Int. 2010;78:754-61 pubmed publisher..Hence, our study found that inhibition of mTORC1 by sirolimus correlated with decreased renal cyst growth in this model of human ADPKD but had no effect on the decline in renal function...
- Getsios D, Blume S, Ishak K, Maclaine G, Hernandez L. An economic evaluation of early assessment for Alzheimer's disease in the United Kingdom. Alzheimers Dement. 2012;8:22-30 pubmed publisher..Although early assessment has significant up-front costs, identifying AD patients at an early stage results in cost savings and health benefits compared with no treatment or treatment in the absence of early assessment. ..
- CARRIERE C, Gore A, Norris A, Gunn J, Young A, Longnecker D, et al. Deletion of Rb accelerates pancreatic carcinogenesis by oncogenic Kras and impairs senescence in premalignant lesions. Gastroenterology. 2011;141:1091-101 pubmed publisher..To determine the role of loss of RB function in PDAC progression, we investigated the effects of Rb disruption during pancreatic malignant transformation initiated by oncogenic Kras...
- Bohonowych J, Peng S, Gopal U, Hance M, Wing S, Argraves K, et al. Comparative analysis of novel and conventional Hsp90 inhibitors on HIF activity and angiogenic potential in clear cell renal cell carcinoma: implications for clinical evaluation. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:520 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings emphasize the need to incorporate an integrated approach in evaluating Hsp90 inhibitors within the context of HIF suppression. ..
- Thompson C, Purushothaman A, Ramani V, Vlodavsky I, Sanderson R. Heparanase regulates secretion, composition, and function of tumor cell-derived exosomes. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:10093-9 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal that heparanase helps drive exosome secretion, alters exosome composition, and facilitates production of exosomes that impact both tumor and host cell behavior, thereby promoting tumor progression. ..
- Petrash J. Aging and age-related diseases of the ocular lens and vitreous body. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:ORSF54-9 pubmed publisher..Avenues of promising research that seek to delay or prevent these causes of low vision are discussed in light of our current understanding of disease pathogenesis and some challenges that must be met to achieve success...
- Dysken M, Sano M, Asthana S, Vertrees J, Pallaki M, Llorente M, et al. Effect of vitamin E and memantine on functional decline in Alzheimer disease: the TEAM-AD VA cooperative randomized trial. JAMA. 2014;311:33-44 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest benefit of alpha tocopherol in mild to moderate AD by slowing functional decline and decreasing caregiver burden. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00235716. ..
- Jabs D, Van Natta M, Pak J, Danis R, Hunt P. Incidence of Intermediate-stage Age-related Macular Degeneration in Patients With Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;179:151-158 pubmed publisher..This increased incidence is consistent with the increased incidence of other age-related diseases in antiretroviral-treated, immune-restored, HIV-infected persons when compared with HIV-uninfected persons. ..
- Omar H, Charnigo R, Guglin M. Prognostic Significance of Discharge Hyponatremia in Heart Failure Patients With Normal Admission Sodium (from the ESCAPE Trial). Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:607-615 pubmed publisher..045). Because the median discharge Na level in the discharge hyponatremia group was 132 meq/L, our findings suggest a benign nature of mild discharge hyponatremia in HF patients with normal admission Na. ..
- Gardiner S, Mansberger S, Demirel S. Detection of Functional Change Using Cluster Trend Analysis in Glaucoma. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:BIO180-BIO190 pubmed publisher..This study assessed whether cluster trend analysis, averaging information across subsets of locations, could improve progression detection...
- Stapley P, Ting L, Hulliger M, Macpherson J. Automatic postural responses are delayed by pyridoxine-induced somatosensory loss. J Neurosci. 2002;22:5803-7 pubmed..Our results suggest that large afferent fibers are critical for the timing of automatic postural responses to ensure coordinated control of the body CoM and balance after unexpected disturbances of the support surface. ..
- Feldstein A, Gores G. Apoptosis in alcoholic and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Front Biosci. 2005;10:3093-9 pubmed
- Vasu T, Elliot W, Lai R. Bilateral ureteroceles progressing to reversible acute renal failure in an adult. Can J Urol. 2006;13:2993-6 pubmed..Surgical treatments of the ureteroceles lead to reversal of his acute renal failure. This is the first time that treatment of ureteroceles has been reported to correct acute renal failure in the English literature...
- Shao W, Lazaryan A, Dorak M, Penman Aguilar A, Wilson C, Margolick J, et al. Cohort- and time-specific associations of CTLA4 genotypes with HIV-1 disease progression. AIDS. 2006;20:1583-90 pubmed..Further analyses in conjunction with other biologically and positionally related genes, such as CD28 and ICOS, may help explain the disparate findings. ..
- Opii W, Sultana R, Abdul H, Ansari M, Nath A, Butterfield D. Oxidative stress and toxicity induced by the nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI)--2',3'-dideoxycytidine (ddC): relevance to HIV-dementia. Exp Neurol. 2007;204:29-38 pubmed..These findings are consistent with the notion of a possible role of the NRTIs, and in particular, ddC, in the mechanisms involved in HIVD. ..
- Li W, Liu W, Zhong J, Yu X. Early manifestation of alteration in cardiac function in dystrophin deficient mdx mouse using 3D CMR tagging. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2009;11:40 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CMR tagging can provide more sensitive measures of functional alterations than global functional indexes in dystrophin-related cardiomyopathies. ..
- Goto M, Hoxha N, Osman R, Wen J, Wells R, Dell K. Renin-angiotensin system activation in congenital hepatic fibrosis in the PCK rat model of autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2010;50:639-44 pubmed publisher..The findings also suggest that treatment with RAS inhibitors, specifically ACE inhibitors or AT1R blockers, could be therapeutic in slowing disease progression in CHF. ..
- Guo S, Hernandez L, Wasiak R, Gaudig M. Modelling the clinical and economic implications of galantamine in the treatment of mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease in Germany. J Med Econ. 2010;13:641-54 pubmed publisher..Compared to no-drug treatment and ginkgo biloba, galantamine therapy provides clinical benefits and achieves savings in healthcare costs associated with care for patients with mild-to-moderate AD in Germany. ..
- Ebersole J, Steffen M, Holt S, Kesavalu L, Chu L, Cappelli D. Systemic inflammatory responses in progressing periodontitis during pregnancy in a baboon model. Clin Exp Immunol. 2010;162:550-9 pubmed publisher..The relationship of the oral clinical parameters to systemic inflammatory responses is consistent with a contribution to adverse pregnancy outcomes in a subset of the animals. ..
- Fisher J, Kavanagh K, Sobel J, Kauffman C, Newman C. Candida urinary tract infection: pathogenesis. Clin Infect Dis. 2011;52 Suppl 6:S437-51 pubmed publisher..In addition, bacterial UTIs caused by Enterobacteriaceae may facilitate the initial step in the process. Ascending infections generally do not result in candidemia in the absence of obstruction. ..
- Plocher E, Anavian J, Vang S, Cole P. Progressive displacement of clavicular fractures in the early postinjury period. J Trauma. 2011;70:1263-7 pubmed publisher..A prudent policy is to obtain serial radiographic evaluation for 3 weeks, even for initially, minimally displaced clavicle fractures. ..
- Utianski R, Caviness J, van Straaten E, Beach T, Dugger B, Shill H, et al. Graph theory network function in Parkinson's disease assessed with electroencephalography. Clin Neurophysiol. 2016;127:2228-36 pubmed publisher..Graph theory analysis by EEG suggests that network alteration and breakdown are robust attributes of PD cortical dysfunction pathophysiology. ..
- Kiecolt Glaser J, Robles T, Heffner K, Loving T, Glaser R. Psycho-oncology and cancer: psychoneuroimmunology and cancer. Ann Oncol. 2002;13 Suppl 4:165-9 pubmed
- Carcio H. Urogenital atrophy. A new approach to vaginitis diagnosis. Adv Nurse Pract. 2002;10:40-8, 51 pubmed
- Esser K, Harpole C, Prins G, Diamond A. Physical activity reduces prostate carcinogenesis in a transgenic model. Prostate. 2009;69:1372-7 pubmed publisher..Prostate 69: 1372-1377, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Saji M, Ringel M. The PI3K-Akt-mTOR pathway in initiation and progression of thyroid tumors. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;321:20-8 pubmed publisher..In this review, the key signaling molecules in the PI3K signaling cascade, the abnormalities known to occur in thyroid cancer, and the potential for therapeutic targeting of PI3K pathway members will be discussed. ..
- Singh U, Singh N, Singh B, Hofseth L, Taub D, Price R, et al. Role of resveratrol-induced CD11b(+) Gr-1(+) myeloid derived suppressor cells (MDSCs) in the reduction of CXCR3(+) T cells and amelioration of chronic colitis in IL-10(-/-) mice. Brain Behav Immun. 2012;26:72-82 pubmed publisher..The induction of immunosuppressive CD11b(+) Gr-1(+) cells by resveratrol during colitis is unique, and suggests an as-yet-unidentified mode of anti-inflammatory action of this plant polyphenol. ..
- Hong T, Mehta M, Boyett J, Donahue B, Rorke L, Zeltzer P. Patterns of treatment failure in infants with primitive neuroectodermal tumors who were treated on CCG-921: a phase III combined modality study. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2005;45:676-82 pubmed..To analyze patterns of treatment failure in infants with primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs) who were treated primarily with chemotherapy in a large multi-institutional study...
- Bodkin C, Eidelman B. Sirolimus-induced posterior reversible encephalopathy. Neurology. 2007;68:2039-40 pubmed
- Murphy M, Beckett T, Ding Q, Patel E, Markesbery W, St Clair D, et al. Abeta solubility and deposition during AD progression and in APPxPS-1 knock-in mice. Neurobiol Dis. 2007;27:301-11 pubmed..These data suggest that distinct changes in Abeta occur throughout the progression of AD, and that elevations in Abeta42 occur at an early, clinically defined stage. ..
- Nakamura Y, Weidinger G, Liang J, Aquilina Beck A, Tamai K, Moon R, et al. The CCN family member Wisp3, mutant in progressive pseudorheumatoid dysplasia, modulates BMP and Wnt signaling. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:3075-86 pubmed..These data provide a biologic assay for Wisp3, reveal a role for Wisp3 during zebrafish cartilage development, and suggest that dysregulation of BMP and/or Wnt signaling contributes to cartilage failure in humans with PPD. ..
- Warren M, Twohig M, Pier T, Eickhoff J, Lin C, Jarrard D, et al. Protein expression of matriptase and its cognate inhibitor HAI-1 in human prostate cancer: a tissue microarray and automated quantitative analysis. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2009;17:23-30 pubmed publisher..HAI-1 seems to be a marker of prostate epithelial cell proliferation. ..
- Gunderson J, Stout R, McGlashan T, Shea M, Morey L, Grilo C, et al. Ten-year course of borderline personality disorder: psychopathology and function from the Collaborative Longitudinal Personality Disorders study. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2011;68:827-37 pubmed publisher..These results inform expectations of patients, families, and clinicians and document the severe public health burden of this disorder. ..
- Sommer G, Rossa C, Chi A, Neville B, Heise T. Implication of RNA-binding protein La in proliferation, migration and invasion of lymph node-metastasized hypopharyngeal SCC cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25402 pubmed publisher..Taken together these data suggest a so far unknown function of the RNA-binding protein La in promoting tumor progression of head and neck SCC. ..
- Ghosh P, Moodley M, Friedman N, Rothner A, Ghosh D. Hirayama disease in children from North America. J Child Neurol. 2011;26:1542-7 pubmed publisher..5 months. Treatment consisted of placement of cervical collar. Heightened awareness of this entity among pediatric neurologists in North America will lead to early diagnosis and intervention, avoiding unnecessary investigations. ..
- Turner J, Larsen D, Hughes L, Moechars D, Shore S. Time course of tinnitus development following noise exposure in mice. J Neurosci Res. 2012;90:1480-8 pubmed publisher..Temporal development of these changes following noise exposure are discussed in the context of the interactions among aging, noise exposure, and the associated neurochemical changes that occur at early stages of auditory processing. ..
- Chanan Khan A, Lonial S, Weber D, Borrello I, Foa R, Hellmann A, et al. Lenalidomide in combination with dexamethasone improves survival and time-to-progression in patients ?65 years old with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. Int J Hematol. 2012;96:254-62 pubmed publisher..Lenalidomide combined with dexamethasone improved the ORR and prolonged PFS, TTP, and OS compared with placebo plus dexamethasone, irrespective of age. This finding was consistent with the overall MM-009 and MM-010 populations...
- Sharma M, Magenheimer L, Home T, Tamano K, Singhal P, Hyink D, et al. Inhibition of Notch pathway attenuates the progression of human immunodeficiency virus-associated nephropathy. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;304:F1127-36 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that Notch signaling can promote HIVAN progression and that Notch inhibition may be a viable treatment strategy for HIVAN. ..
- Chou R, Wasson N. Blood tests to diagnose fibrosis or cirrhosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection: a systematic review. Ann Intern Med. 2013;158:807-20 pubmed publisher..Many blood tests are moderately useful for identifying clinically significant fibrosis or cirrhosis in HCV-infected patients. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. ..
- Merrick D, Gao D, Miller Y, Keith R, Baron A, Feser W, et al. Persistence of Bronchial Dysplasia Is Associated with Development of Invasive Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2016;9:96-104 pubmed publisher..These results show that persistent BD is associated with the development of invasive SCC. Furthermore, increased expression of Ki67, the presence of angiogenic change and degree of baseline atypia are associated with persistence of BD. ..
- Brudno J, Somerville R, Shi V, Rose J, Halverson D, Fowler D, et al. Allogeneic T Cells That Express an Anti-CD19 Chimeric Antigen Receptor Induce Remissions of B-Cell Malignancies That Progress After Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem-Cell Transplantation Without Causing Graft-Versus-Host Disease. J Clin Oncol. 2016;34:1112-21 pubmed publisher..Allogeneic anti-CD19 CAR T cells can effectively treat B-cell malignancies that progress after alloHSCT. The findings point toward a future when antigen-specific T-cell therapies will play a central role in alloHSCT. ..
- Kim S, Gunnery S, Choe J, Mathews M. Neoplastic progression in melanoma and colon cancer is associated with increased expression and activity of the interferon-inducible protein kinase, PKR. Oncogene. 2002;21:8741-8 pubmed..These data do not support the concept of PKR as a classic tumor suppressor but instead suggest that PKR upregulation occurs at defined steps in cancer progression, probably as a cellular response to neoplasia. ..
- Seales E, Jurado G, Brunson B, Wakefield J, Frost A, Bellis S. Hypersialylation of beta1 integrins, observed in colon adenocarcinoma, may contribute to cancer progression by up-regulating cell motility. Cancer Res. 2005;65:4645-52 pubmed..Collectively, these findings suggest that beta1 hypersialylation may augment colon tumor progression by altering cell preference for certain extracellular matrix milieus, as well as by stimulating cell migration. ..
- Jun G, Klein B, Klein R, Fox K, Millard C, Capriotti J, et al. Genome-wide analyses demonstrate novel loci that predispose to drusen formation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:3081-8 pubmed..The results show that APOE effects may be mediated early in the progression of ARM to AMD and thus may not be detected by standard genome scans for more severe disease. ..
- Thakkar S, Choueiri T, Garcia J. Endothelin receptor antagonists: rationale, clinical development, and role in prostate cancer therapeutics. Curr Oncol Rep. 2006;8:108-13 pubmed
- Back S. Perinatal white matter injury: the changing spectrum of pathology and emerging insights into pathogenetic mechanisms. Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev. 2006;12:129-40 pubmed..As our understanding of the pathogenesis of PWMI improves, it is anticipated that new strategies for directly preventing brain injury in premature infants will develop. ..
- Wang X, Southard R, Allred C, TALBERT D, Wilson M, Kilgore M. MAZ drives tumor-specific expression of PPAR gamma 1 in breast cancer cells. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2008;111:103-11 pubmed..These findings help to define the molecular mechanism driving the high expression of PPARgamma1 in breast cancer and raise new questions regarding the role of MAZ in cancer progression. ..
- Carver K, Schuler L. Prolactin does not require insulin-like growth factor intermediates but synergizes with insulin-like growth factor I in human breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:634-43 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that strong cooperative cross talk between prolactin and IGF-I augments biological processes associated with neoplastic progression, with implications for therapeutic strategies. ..
- Maripuri S, Grande J, Osborn T, Fervenza F, Matteson E, Donadio J, et al. Renal involvement in primary Sjögren's syndrome: a clinicopathologic study. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;4:1423-31 pubmed publisher..KB with characteristic findings (TIN) should be considered as an additional supportive criterion to the classification criteria for pSS because it may affect management and renal outcome. ..
- Gossl M, Versari D, Hildebrandt H, Bajanowski T, Sangiorgi G, Erbel R, et al. Segmental heterogeneity of vasa vasorum neovascularization in human coronary atherosclerosis. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2010;3:32-40 pubmed publisher..Our results support a possible role of VV neovascularization, VV rupture, and intraplaque hemorrhage in the progression and complications of human coronary atherosclerosis. ..
- Dinges W, Richardt J, Friedrich D, Jalbert E, Liu Y, Stevens C, et al. Virus-specific CD8+ T-cell responses better define HIV disease progression than HLA genotype. J Virol. 2010;84:4461-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that vaccine immunogens should contain only conserved regions of HIV-1. ..
- Gupta A, Gupta S, Young D, Das B, McMahon J, Sen S. Impairment of ultrastructure and cytoskeleton during progression of cardiac hypertrophy to heart failure. Lab Invest. 2010;90:520-30 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that treatment for prevention/reversal of hypertrophy should start at the early stage of hypertrophy to prevent its transition to HF. ..
- McLaughlin S, Bagaria S, Gibson T, Arnold M, Diehl N, Crook J, et al. Trends in risk reduction practices for the prevention of lymphedema in the first 12 months after breast cancer surgery. J Am Coll Surg. 2013;216:380-9; quiz 511-3 pubmed publisher..Additional study into early upper extremity volume changes is warranted to allay the fears of most women and better predict which women will progress to lymphedema. ..
- Montgomery S, Narrow W, Mastrangelo M, Olschowka J, O Banion M, Bowers W. Chronic neuron- and age-selective down-regulation of TNF receptor expression in triple-transgenic Alzheimer disease mice leads to significant modulation of amyloid- and Tau-related pathologies. Am J Pathol. 2013;182:2285-97 pubmed publisher..In aggregate, these data further support the development of cell-, stage-, and/or receptor-specific anti-TNF-? therapeutics for AD. ..