Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on disease progression in China
Topic: disease progression
Publications173 found, 100 shown here
- Chiu K, Chan T, Wu A, Leung I, So K, Chang R. Neurodegeneration of the retina in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease: what can we learn from the retina?. Age (Dordr). 2012;34:633-49 pubmed publisher..This review will highlight the efforts on retinal degenerative research using AD transgenic mouse models. ..
- Chan P, Chan M, Li W, Chan D, Cheung J, Cheng A. Association of human beta-herpesviruses with the development of cervical cancer: bystanders or cofactors. J Clin Pathol. 2001;54:48-53 pubmed..The ubiquitous nature of herpesviruses may pose difficulty in elucidating their pathogenic role. These results indicate that CMV, HHV-6, and HHV-7 are bystanders rather than cofactors in the oncogenesis of cervical cancer. ..
- Huang Q, Zhang Q, Dong J, Wu Y, Shen Y, Zhao Y, et al. Glioma stem cells are more aggressive in recurrent tumors with malignant progression than in the primary tumor, and both can be maintained long-term in vitro. BMC Cancer. 2008;8:304 pubmed publisher..Such investigations may eventually have major impacts on the understanding and treatment of gliomas. ..
- Lang N, Berglundh T. Periimplant diseases: where are we now?--Consensus of the Seventh European Workshop on Periodontology. J Clin Periodontol. 2011;38 Suppl 11:178-81 pubmed publisher..It was agreed that clinical and radiographic data should routinely be obtained after prosthesis installation on implants in order to establish a baseline for the diagnosis of peri-implantitis during maintenance of implant patients. ..
- Wu Y, Sun L, Zou W, Xu J, Liu H, Wang W, et al. Prosaposin, a regulator of estrogen receptor alpha, promotes breast cancer growth. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:1820-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that prosaposin might enhance estrogen receptor alpha-mediated signaling axis and play a role in breast cancer development and progression. ..
- Gu H, Guo X, Zou L, Zhu H, Zhang J. Upregulation of microRNA-372 associates with tumor progression and prognosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;375:23-30 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, miR-372 has been identified as a promoter for tumorigenicity of HCC cells, suggesting that it might be a prospective therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Wong G, Chan H, Yu Z, Chan H, Tse C, Wong V. Liver fibrosis progression in chronic hepatitis B patients positive for hepatitis B e antigen: a prospective cohort study with paired transient elastography examination. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013;28:1762-9 pubmed publisher..7% vs. 2.6%; P?=?0.49). Liver fibrosis progression is uncommon in HBeAg-positive patients. Patients in immune-reactive phase treated with antiviral therapy did not have increased risk of liver fibrosis progression. ..
- Tian Z, Guo X, Zhao Y, Fang Y. Decreased expression of long non-coding RNA MEG3 acts as a potential predictor biomarker in progression and poor prognosis of osteosarcoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15138-42 pubmed..Downregulation of lncRNA MEG3 was associated with poor overall survival of osteosarcoma. LncRNA MEG3 could be a useful biomarker for progression and prognosis of osteosarcoma. ..
- Qiu J, Yuan H, Chen S, Zhou Y, Song D, Chen R. TNFÎ± up-regulates COX-2 in chronic progressive nephropathy through nuclear accumulation of RelB and NF-ÎºB2. Arch Physiol Biochem. 2016;122:88-93 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that TNFÎ±-RelB/p52 pathway may be involved in the early stages of renal damage, in part by stimulating COX-2 and inflammatory responses. ..
- Ping F, Liu G, Liu Z, Li H, Zhai J, Li S, et al. Expression of RKIP, E-cadherin and NF-kB p65 in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and their correlations. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:10164-70 pubmed..05). Downregulation or depletion of RKIP was related to the onset and progression of ESCC, and facilitated the invasion and metastasis of ESCC by downregulating E-cadherin and upregulating NF-kB p65. ..
- Lam J, Sharma S, Lam B. Obstructive sleep apnoea: definitions, epidemiology & natural history. Indian J Med Res. 2010;131:165-70 pubmed..Early recognition and treatment of obstructive sleep apnoea may prevent from adverse health consequences. Some of the epidemiological aspects of obstructive sleep apnoea in adults are reviewed. ..
- Wang R, Lu M, Zhang J, Chen S, Luo X, Qin Y, et al. Increased IL-10 mRNA expression in tumor-associated macrophage correlated with late stage of lung cancer. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2011;30:62 pubmed publisher..The data also suggested that TAMs may involve in tumor immunosuppression through overexpressed IL-10. Additionally, the phenotype of isolated TAM can be potentially used to predict clinicopathological features as well. ..
- Tsang J, Poon W, Luk H, Fung C, Ching C, Mak C, et al. Arginase deficiency with new phenotype and a novel mutation: contemporary summary. Pediatr Neurol. 2012;47:263-9 pubmed publisher..For monitoring urea cycle defects, noninvasive imaging screening for liver fibrosis and hepatocellular carcinoma can help ensure early detection, with potential treatment implications. ..
- Liu D, Ha C, Zhang X, Zhang Z, Liu P. Molecular implication of ADAM-15 and -17 in intrauterine adhesions. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2013;170:264-9 pubmed publisher..The development of IUA is associated with regulation of ADAM15 and ADAM-17, which may be potential biological markers for evaluating the severity of intrauterine adhesions. ..
- Li X, Tao Y, Li X. Expression of MMP-9/TIMP-2 in nasal polyps and its functional implications. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14556-61 pubmed..Our results also provide evidences for further studies of pathogenesis and drug targets of NP. ..
- Wang Z, Ma Q, Liu Q, Yu H, Zhao L, Shen S, et al. Blockade of SDF-1/CXCR4 signalling inhibits pancreatic cancer progression in vitro via inactivation of canonical Wnt pathway. Br J Cancer. 2008;99:1695-703 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data reported here demonstrate CXCR4 could modulate the canonical Wnt pathway and perhaps be a promising therapeutic target for pancreatic cancer progression. ..
- Wu X, Xu A, Song X, Zheng J, Wang P, Shen H. Clinical, pathologic, and ultrastructural studies of progressive macular hypomelanosis. Int J Dermatol. 2010;49:1127-32 pubmed..As a result of the above findings, we discussed and summarized the PMH's clinical diagnostic criteria. ..
- Liu M, Zhang P, Chen M, Zhang W, Yu L, Yang X, et al. Aging might increase myocardial ischemia / reperfusion-induced apoptosis in humans and rats. Age (Dordr). 2012;34:621-32 pubmed publisher..Aging exacerbated MI/R injury in humans and rats. Differential myocardial apoptosis may play a vital role in mediating the observed effects. ..
- Liu M, Mor G, Cheng H, Xiang X, Hui P, Rutherford T, et al. High frequency of putative ovarian cancer stem cells with CD44/CK19 coexpression is associated with decreased progression-free intervals in patients with recurrent epithelial ovarian cancer. Reprod Sci. 2013;20:605-15 pubmed publisher..344, P = .052). Our findings suggest that high frequency of OCSCs (CD44+ and CK19+) in epithelial ovarian tumors correlates with short progression-free intervals. ..
- Chen Y, Li C, Weng D, Song L, Tang W, Dai W, et al. Neutralization of interleukin-17A delays progression of silica-induced lung inflammation and fibrosis in C57BL/6 mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;275:62-72 pubmed publisher..IL-17A may play a pivotal role in the early phase of silica-induced inflammation and may mediate the Th immune response to influence silica-induced lung inflammation and fibrosis in mice. ..
- Bin Z, Guangbo Z, Yan G, Huan Z, Desheng L, Xueguang Z. Overexpression of B7-H3 in CD133+ colorectal cancer cells is associated with cancer progression and survival in human patients. J Surg Res. 2014;188:396-403 pubmed publisher..05). In summary, our results reveal that B7-H3 was aberrantly expressed in CD133(+) CRC cells, and the expression level was closely associated with tumor progression. ..
- Wang X, Hu B, Shen H, Zhou H, Xue X, Chen Y, et al. Clinical and prognostic relevance of EZH2 in breast cancer: A meta-analysis. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015;75:218-25 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, EZH2 participated in the progression of BC as a putative factor, and over-expression of EZH2 was distinctly correlated with a poor patient survival. EZH2 may serve as a prognostic biomarker and target in BC patients. ..
- Chen Y, Huang C, Liu H, Yao W, Wu W, Lu Y, et al. Serum CX3CL1/fractalkine concentrations are positively associated with disease severity in postmenopausal osteoporotic patients. Br J Biomed Sci. 2016;73:121-128 pubmed..355, p = 0.009) in postmenopausal osteoporotic patients. Serum FKN may serve as a novel biomarker for assessing disease progression and a new potential therapeutic target for anti-resorptive treatment in osteoporosis patients. ..
- Tam V, Lam E, Chu B, Tse K, Fung L. Incidence and progression of diabetic retinopathy in Hong Kong Chinese with type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Diabetes Complications. 2009;23:185-93 pubmed publisher..More frequent retinal screening should be offered to those with baseline DR, high HbA(1c), or albuminuria. Good glycemic control is important in order to prevent the development and progression of DR, and can lead to regression of DR. ..
- Fu B, Ma S, Tang N, Tam C, Lui V, Chiu H, et al. Cholesterol 24-hydroxylase (CYP46A1) polymorphisms are associated with faster cognitive deterioration in Chinese older persons: a two-year follow up study. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2009;24:921-6 pubmed publisher..The two other polymorphisms, IVS1-192 and IVS4-122, did not show any significant association with cognitive function. CYP46A1 gene may act to modulate the course of cognitive deterioration in late life. ..
- Yeung L, Rudd J, Lam W, Mak Y, Yew D. Mice are prone to kidney pathology after prolonged ketamine addiction. Toxicol Lett. 2009;191:275-8 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that prolonged ketamine addiction resulted in the animals prone to urinary infection. ..
- Bao G, Qiao Q, Zhao H, He X. Prognostic value of HMGB1 overexpression in resectable gastric adenocarcinomas. World J Surg Oncol. 2010;8:52 pubmed publisher..And the overexpression of HMGB1 may be a marker of good prognosis of gastric adenocarcinoma given curative resection combined with adjuvant chemotherapy. ..
- Zhang C, Fang Z, Xiong Y, Li J, Liu L, Li M, et al. Copy number increase of aurora kinase A in colorectal cancers: a correlation with tumor progression. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2010;42:834-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that sporadic colorectal cancers exhibit different mechanisms of aurora A regulation and this may impact the efficacy of aurora-targeted therapies. ..
- Qin Y, Zhou T, Su L, Lei F, Huang W, Zhao Y. Association between ACE polymorphism and risk of IgA nephropathy: a meta-analysis. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2011;12:215-23 pubmed publisher..31, p = 0.17). The D allele or DD genotype is associated with IgAN risk in Asian, but not in Caucasian populations; there was no significant association between the D allele or DD gene and IgAN progression for Asians and Caucasians. ..
- Tan Y, Li X, Prabhu S, Brittian K, Chen Q, Yin X, et al. Angiotensin II plays a critical role in alcohol-induced cardiac nitrative damage, cell death, remodeling, and cardiomyopathy in a protein kinase C/nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase-dependent manner. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;59:1477-86 pubmed publisher..Alcohol-induced nitrative stress and apoptosis, which are mediated by angiotensin II interaction with AT1 and subsequent activation of a PKC-?1-dependent NOX pathway, are a causal factor in the development of alcoholic cardiomyopathy. ..
- Zhou J, Li J, Wang Z, Yin C, Zhang W. Metadherin is a novel prognostic marker for bladder cancer progression and overall patient survival. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol. 2012;8:e42-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that MTDH protein may be a valuable marker of bladder cancer progression. MTDH expression is associated with poor overall survival in patients with bladder cancer. ..
- Li Y, Xu J, Chen H, Bai J, Li S, Zhao Z, et al. Comprehensive analysis of the functional microRNA-mRNA regulatory network identifies miRNA signatures associated with glioma malignant progression. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:e203 pubmed publisher..Therefore, network-based biomarkers are expected to be more effective and provide deep insights into the molecular mechanism of glioma malignant progression. ..
- Wu W, Qian L, Chen X, Ding B. Prognostic significance of CXCL12, CXCR4, and CXCR7 in patients with breast cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13217-24 pubmed..The mRNA expressions of CXCL12, CXCR4, and CXCR7 play important roles in the progression and metastasis of breast cancer and may act as predictive factors significantly affecting the prognosis. ..
- Wu S, Li T, Mu Q, Li Y, Gao X, He S, et al. Expression of PI3Kp110Î± and PI3Kp110Î² in the colorectal conventional adenoma, serrated lesions and adenoma with canceration and their significance. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:16026-35 pubmed..Combined detection of p110Î± and p110Î² is helpful to determine the canceration potential of colorectal villous adenoma and serrated adenoma. ..
- Chen Y, Wang B, Li Y. [Research advances in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and alcoholic liver disease in 2016]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2017;25:181-186 pubmed publisher..4??????????????????????. ..
- Ye J, Wang W, Xin L, Owen S, Xu L, Duan X, et al. The Clinicopathological Factors Associated with Disease Progression in Luminal A Breast Cancer and Characteristics of Metastasis: A Retrospective Study from A Single Center in China. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4549-4556 pubmed..263, p=0.012). Patients with Luminal A breast cancer have excellent outcomes. Liver metastasis is an important factor compressing the survival time after distant metastasis presents. ..
- Lam L, Chau R, Wong B, Fung A, Lui V, Tam C, et al. Interim follow-up of a randomized controlled trial comparing Chinese style mind body (Tai Chi) and stretching exercises on cognitive function in subjects at risk of progressive cognitive decline. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2011;26:733-40 pubmed publisher..03-0.71, p = 0.02). Our interim findings showed that Chinese style mind body (Tai Chi) exercise may offer specific benefits to cognition, potential clinical interests should be further explored with longer observation period. ..
- Wang N, Zhou Y, Zheng L, Li H. MiR-31 is an independent prognostic factor and functions as an oncomir in cervical cancer via targeting ARID1A. Gynecol Oncol. 2014;134:129-37 pubmed publisher..The newly identified miR-31/ARID1A pathway provides insight into cervical cancer progression, and may represent a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Su P, Zhang Q, Yang Q. Immunohistochemical analysis of Metadherin in proliferative and cancerous breast tissue. Diagn Pathol. 2010;5:38 pubmed publisher..008 and p = 0.036, respectively). MTDH overexpression could be identified in proliferative breast lesions and may contribute to breast cancer progression. ..
- Huang D, Song S, Wu Z, Wu W, Cui X, Chen J, et al. Epstein-Barr Virus-Induced VEGF and GM-CSF Drive Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Metastasis via Recruitment and Activation of Macrophages. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3591-3604 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(13); 3591-604. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Yang Y, Ng T, Ye C, Yip Y, Law K, Chan S, et al. Assessing sodium iodate-induced outer retinal changes in rats using confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy and optical coherence tomography. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:1696-705 pubmed publisher..We investigated a new approach of analyzing retinal images using confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy (cSLO) that allows longitudinal assessment of sodium iodate-induced lesions in the retina of living rats...
- Guo G, Li Q, Ma W, Shi Z, Ren X. MicroRNA-485-5p suppresses cell proliferation and invasion in hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting stanniocalcin 2. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:12292-9 pubmed..Results from the dual-luciferase reporter gene assays and western blot further showed that stanniocalcin 2 was a direct target of miR-485-5p. Therefore, our data suggest a novel role for miR-485-5p in the regulation of HCC progression. ..
- Lu Y, Zhao X, Liu Q, Li C, Graves Deal R, Cao Z, et al. lncRNA MIR100HG-derived miR-100 and miR-125b mediate cetuximab resistance via Wnt/β-catenin signaling. Nat Med. 2017;23:1331-1341 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a clinically actionable, epigenetic cause of cetuximab resistance. ..
- An R, Meng J, Shi Q, Dai X, Chen J, Lei Y, et al. Expressions of nucleoside diphosphate kinase (nm23) in tumor tissues are related with metastasis and length of survival of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Biomed Environ Sci. 2010;23:267-72 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that expressions of nm23 protein in tumor tissues are correlated with occurrences of metastasis and length of survival of the HCC patients, which may be an indicator for their prognosis. ..
- Cheng X, Li Y, Tan J, Sun B, Xiao Y, Fang X, et al. CCL20 and CXCL8 synergize to promote progression and poor survival outcome in patients with colorectal cancer by collaborative induction of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Cancer Lett. 2014;348:77-87 pubmed publisher..CCL20 and CXCL8 synergize to promote CRC metastatic progression by coordinated induction of EMT via PI3K/AKT-ERK1/2 signaling axis. Detection of both coexpressions can be used to predict clinical outcomes in CRC patients. ..
- Huang S, Lin J, Guo N, Zhang M, Yun X, Liu S, et al. Elevated serum thymidine kinase 1 predicts risk of pre/early cancerous progression. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011;12:497-505 pubmed..Serological TK1 may be a reliable marker for risk assessment of pre/early cancerous progression. ..
- Qu L, Kuai X, Liu T, Chen T, Ni Z, Shen X. Pre-S deletion and complex mutations of hepatitis B virus related to young age hepatocellular carcinoma in Qidong, China. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59583 pubmed publisher..Combination of pre-S deletion and core promoter mutations increased the risk and persistence of at-risk sequence mutations is critical for HCC development. ..
- Xuan L, Jiang X, Sun J, Zhang Y, Huang F, Fan Z, et al. Spectrum of Epstein-Barr virus-associated diseases in recipients of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Transplantation. 2013;96:560-6 pubmed publisher..The clinical manifestations of EBV end-organ diseases are similar to PTLD. EBV end-organ diseases had poorer response to rituximab-based therapy compared with PTLD. ..
- Wong G, Chan H, Yu Z, Chan H, Tse C, Wong V. Liver fibrosis progression is uncommon in patients with inactive chronic hepatitis B: a prospective cohort study with paired transient elastography examination. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013;28:1842-8 pubmed publisher..The study supports the EASL's definition of inactive carriers and its recommendation of regular monitoring. ..
- Zhang L, Li J, Zong L, Chen X, Chen K, Jiang Z, et al. Reactive Oxygen Species and Targeted Therapy for Pancreatic Cancer. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:1616781 pubmed publisher..Eventually, it may be the novel target for various strategies and drugs to modulate ROS levels in pancreatic cancer therapy. ..
- Zheng X, Li S, Zang Z, Hu J, An J, Pei X, et al. Evidence for possible role of toll-like receptor 3 mediating virus-induced progression of pituitary adenomas. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;426:22-32 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that HPV16 and HHV6B viruses may be involved in promoting the progression of PA by activating the TLR3 signaling pathway. ..
- Liu Y, Liu Y, Yuan B, Yin L, Peng Y, Yu X, et al. FOXM1 promotes the progression of prostate cancer by regulating PSA gene transcription. Oncotarget. 2017;8:17027-17037 pubmed publisher..The combination of anti-AR agents and FOXM1 inhibitors has the potential to greatly improve therapy for late-stage PCa patients by suppressing PSA levels. ..
- Tian Y, Shen H, Xia L, Lu J. Elevated serum and synovial fluid levels of interleukin-34 in rheumatoid arthritis: possible association with disease progression via interleukin-17 production. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2013;33:398-401 pubmed publisher..In the presence of rhIL-34, stimulation of PBMC from RA patients resulted in increased production of IL-17. These findings suggest that IL-34 may play a role in the pathogenesis of RA. ..
- Sihoe A, Ng V, Liu R, Cheng L. Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis in extremis: the case for aggressive whole lung lavage with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support. Heart Lung Circ. 2008;17:69-72 pubmed..Aggressive WLL with ECMO support can be safe and effective even in the most severe cases of PAP. ..
- Lui P, Maffulli N, Rolf C, Smith R. What are the validated animal models for tendinopathy?. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2011;21:3-17 pubmed publisher..The existing animal models can be used for answering specific questions (horses for courses) but should not be used to conclude the general aspects of tendinopathy neither in animals nor in human. ..
- Wang L, Liu Q, Lin D, Lai M. CD44v6 down-regulation is an independent prognostic factor for poor outcome of colorectal carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14283-93 pubmed..CD44v6 down-regulation is an independent prognostic factor for strikingly worse disease-specific survival. ..
- Ho Y, Poon D, Chan T, Chang R. From small to big molecules: how do we prevent and delay the progression of age-related neurodegeneration?. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18:15-26 pubmed..These include direct effects of phenolic compounds and polysaccharides on neurons to antagonize various neurodegenerative mechanisms in AD, PD and AMD, and indirect effects of these compounds on peripheral disease-related risk factors. ..
- Lee C, Fong D, Cheung K, Cheng J, Ng B, Lam T, et al. A new risk classification rule for curve progression in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Spine J. 2012;12:989-95 pubmed publisher..3 years), menarcheal status, and body height (154 cm). The risk classification rule only uses information at the first presentation and can aid physicians in deriving an efficient management. ..
- Shen Y, Li M, Ye X, Bi Q. Association of apolipoprotein E with the progression of hepatitis B virus-related liver disease. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14749-56 pubmed..Our study suggested that ApoE may have a role in the pathogenesis and progression of HBV-related liver disease and indicated the possible underlying mechanisms. ..
- Liang X, Liu S, Chen Y, Yan L, Li H, Xuan H, et al. Combination of urinary kidney injury molecule-1 and interleukin-18 as early biomarker for the diagnosis and progressive assessment of acute kidney injury following cardiopulmonary bypass surgery: a prospective nested case-control study. Biomarkers. 2010;15:332-9 pubmed publisher..The combination of these two biomarkers facilitates the early diagnosis and assessment of the likely progression of AKI after CPB. ..
- Wang S, Park J, Duh E. Novel targets against retinal angiogenesis in diabetic retinopathy. Curr Diab Rep. 2012;12:355-63 pubmed publisher..This review discusses potential molecular targets, with an emphasis towards newer targets. ..
- Jing Z, Chun C, Ning S, Hong Z, Bei H, Wan Zhen Y. Systemic Inflammatory Marker CRP Was Better Predictor of Readmission for AECOPD Than Sputum Inflammatory Markers. Arch Bronconeumol. 2016;52:138-44 pubmed publisher..Systemic inflammatory marker CRP was a better predictor of readmission than sputum inflammatory markers. CAT score and age were also useful to predict readmission. ..
- Mok V, Lam W, Fan Y, Wong A, Ng P, Tsoi T, et al. Effects of statins on the progression of cerebral white matter lesion: Post hoc analysis of the ROCAS (Regression of Cerebral Artery Stenosis) study. J Neurol. 2009;256:750-7 pubmed publisher..001) and simvastatin treatment (beta = -0.214, P = 0.043) independently predicted change in WML volume. Our findings suggest that statins may delay the progression of cerebral WML only among those who already have severe WML at baseline. ..
- Du W, Jiang Y, Zheng Z, Zhang Z, Chen N, Ma Z, et al. Feedback loop between p66(Shc) and Nrf2 promotes lung cancer progression. Cancer Lett. 2013;337:58-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that epigenetic repression of p66(Shc) in cancer cells might be a key factor leading to Nrf2 upregulation, increased cell survival, and tumor progression. ..
- Wang J, Chen J, Zhang K, Zhao Y, Nor J, Wu J. TGF-?1 regulates the invasive and metastatic potential of mucoepidermoid carcinoma cells. J Oral Pathol Med. 2011;40:762-8 pubmed publisher..These results unveil a critical role for TGF-?1 in the progression of mucoepidermoid carcinomas and suggest that patients with this malignancy may benefit from therapeutic inhibition of the effectors of the TGF-?1 pathway. ..
- Chen S, Wang T, Tian Y, Zheng Y. Down-regulation of microRNA-126 and microRNA-133b acts as novel predictor biomarkers in progression and metastasis of non small cell lung cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14983-8 pubmed..These findings suggested that miR-126 and miR-133b might play a key role in the progression and metastasis of NSCLC and would be applied as a novel therapeutic agent. ..
- Qu K, Wang Z, Fan H, Li J, Liu J, Li P, et al. MCM7 promotes cancer progression through cyclin D1-dependent signaling and serves as a prognostic marker for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2603 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that MCM7-cyclin D1 pathway may participate in cancer progression and serve as a biomarker for prognosis in HCC. ..
- Liu J, Dai Y, Li X, Cao K, Xie D, Tong Z, et al. Solute carrier family 12 member 5 promotes tumor invasion/metastasis of bladder urothelial carcinoma by enhancing NF-ÎºB/MMP-7 signaling pathway. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2691 pubmed publisher..Thus, SLC12A5 might be a prognostic marker as well as a therapeutic target for BUC. ..
- Wu Y, Wang L, Bao H, Zou S, Fu C, Gong H, et al. Nrdp1S, short variant of Nrdp1, inhibits human glioma progression by increasing Nrdp1-mediated ErbB3 ubiquitination and degradation. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:422-9 pubmed publisher..These results together suggest that Nrdp1S is a tumour suppressor that which potentiates the Nrdp1-mediated ubiquitination and degradation of ErbB3. An Nrdp1S deficiency may also be an important factor in the loss of Nrdp1. ..
- Liu H, Gao Y, Song D, Liu T, Feng Y. Correlation between microRNA-421 expression level and prognosis of gastric cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15128-32 pubmed..01), suggesting the correlation between miR-421 expression and prognosis of gastric cancer. MiR-421 level is correlated with lymph node metastasis and prognosis of gastric carcinoma, and is worth for further investigations. ..
- Zhou Y, Zhong N, Li X, Chen S, Zheng J, Zhao D, et al. Tiotropium in Early-Stage Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. N Engl J Med. 2017;377:923-935 pubmed publisher..Funded by Boehringer Ingelheim and others; Tie-COPD ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT01455129 .). ..
- Fan S, Meng D, Xu T, Chen Y, Wang J, Li X, et al. Overexpression of SLC7A7 predicts poor progression-free and overall survival in patients with glioblastoma. Med Oncol. 2013;30:384 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest, for the first time, that overexpression of SLC7A7 is correlated with worse outcomes in patients with GBM. SLC7A7 plays a critical role in GBM carcinogenesis and may be a potential prognosis predictor of GBM. ..
- Huang R, Zhang X, Chen W, Lin J, Chai Z, Yi X. Stroke Subtypes and Topographic Locations Associated with Neurological Deterioration in Acute Isolated Pontine Infarction. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016;25:206-13 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate the potential importance of early identification of stroke subtypes and topographic locations in the prevention of ND in patients with suspected pontine infarction. ..
- Guo X, Fu H, Kong X, Gao L, Wang W, Ma W, et al. Pituicytoma Coexisting With Corticotroph Hyperplasia: Literature Review With One Case Report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016;95:e3062 pubmed publisher..Pituicytoma is a rare type of sellar tumor. Pituicytomas in patients with Cushing syndrome are rarer still. To our knowledge, this is the first report of Cushing syndrome caused by corticotroph hyperplasia in a pituicytoma patient. ..
- Chen X, Gong J, Zeng H, Chen N, Huang R, Huang Y, et al. MicroRNA145 targets BNIP3 and suppresses prostate cancer progression. Cancer Res. 2010;70:2728-38 pubmed publisher..Abnormalities of the miR145-BNIP3 pair as part of TP53-miR145-BNIP3-AIF network may play a major role in prostate cancer pathogenesis and progression. ..
- Zhang J, Wang C, Tang Y, Peng H, Ye Z, Li C, et al. Serum immunoglobulin A/C3 ratio predicts progression of immunoglobulin A nephropathy. Nephrology (Carlton). 2013;18:125-31 pubmed publisher..In addition to some traditional risk factors, we also confirmed that IgA/C3 ratio is a useful predictor of poor outcomes of IgAN in Chinese patients. ..
- Zhang L, Wu H, Lu D, Li G, Sun C, Song H, et al. The costimulatory molecule B7-H4 promote tumor progression and cell proliferation through translocating into nucleus. Oncogene. 2013;32:5347-58 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, B7-H4 wild-type confers chemoresistance activity to RCC cell lines including Caki-1 and ACHN. Our study provides a new insight into the functional implication of B7-H4 in its subcellular localization. ..
- Tan V, Wong B. Helicobacter pylori and gastritis: Untangling a complex relationship 27 years on. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;26 Suppl 1:42-5 pubmed publisher..Much less is known about the natural history of HP, the different faces of HP internationally, HP eradication and its effect on gastritis, IM, GU/DU and gastric cancer. This review will address the changing face of HP in 2011. ..
- Lai E, Chan W, Ma T, Tang A, Poon C, Leong H. The role of conservative treatment in idiopathic granulomatous mastitis. Breast J. 2005;11:454-6 pubmed..In conclusion, it is important to differentiate IGM from carcinoma of the breast. Tissue biopsy remains the gold standard to confirm the diagnosis. Expectant management with close regular surveillance is the treatment of choice. ..
- Yan H, Guo Y, Zhang J, Ding Z, Ha W, Harding J. Effect of carnosine, aminoguanidine, and aspirin drops on the prevention of cataracts in diabetic rats. Mol Vis. 2008;14:2282-91 pubmed..To investigate the effect of carnosine (CA), aminoguanidine (AG), and aspirin (ASA) drops, all inhibitors of glycation, on the development of diabetic cataract in rat...
- Lin W, Chen S, Li M, Wang B, Qu X, Zhang Y. Expression of macrophage migration inhibitory factor in human endometriosis: relation to disease stage, menstrual cycle and infertility. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2010;36:344-51 pubmed publisher..05). The expression of MIF was increased significantly in the eutopic and ectopic endometrial tissue of women with endometriosis, and this factor may play a possible role in endometriosis-associated infertility. ..
- Chen J, Dong S, Hu J, Duan B, Yao J, Zhang R, et al. Guanine nucleotide binding protein-like 3 is a potential prognosis indicator of gastric cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13273-8 pubmed..Our study suggests that GNL3 might play an important role in the progression of gastric cancer and serve as a biomarker for poor prognosis in gastric cancer patients. ..
- Chuh A, Chan H, Zawar V. Pityriasis rosea--evidence for and against an infectious aetiology. Epidemiol Infect. 2004;132:381-90 pubmed..Mycoplasma spp. and Chlamydia spp. infections. Evidence is also unsubstantiated as yet for alternative aetiological hypotheses such as autoimmunity, atopy, and genetic predisposition. ..
- Tsui K, Lee K, Chan W, Chan H, Hon S, Leung T, et al. Behçet's aortitis and aortic regurgitation: a report of two cases. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2004;17:83-6 pubmed..In both cases, severe aortic regurgitation necessitated aortic valve replacement. Both were complicated by valve dehiscence requiring reoperation, illustrating the postoperative morbidity in this inflammatory condition. ..
- Zhao Z, Liu J, Li S, Shen W. Prostate stem cell antigen mRNA expression in preoperatively negative biopsy specimens predicts subsequent cancer after transurethral resection of the prostate for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Prostate. 2009;69:1292-302 pubmed publisher..49; 95% CI: 2.02-4.75; P < 0.001), with the concordance index of 0.893. This prospective study identifies PSCA mRNA in preoperatively negative prostatic biopsies as a significant predictor of subsequent cancer after TURP. ..
- Chen G, Luo D. Expression of decoy receptor 3 in liver tissue microarrays. Natl Med J India. 2008;21:275-8 pubmed..The DcR3 gene might serve as an important molecular biological indicator in diagnosing and predicting the biological behaviour of patients with HCC. ..
- Peng L, Wang H, Dong Y, Ma J, Wen J, Wu J, et al. Increased expression of EphA1 protein in prostate cancers correlates with high Gleason score. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:1854-60 pubmed..001). Our data indicate that EphA1 receptor may have roles in carcinogenesis and progression of prostate cancer, and can be a potentially useful target for prognostic and therapeutic application. ..