Experts and Doctors on diplopia in United States
Locale: United States
- Advani R, Baumann M. Bilateral sixth nerve palsy after head trauma. Ann Emerg Med. 2003;41:27-31 pubmed..The emergency physician should be aware of the differential diagnosis, initial workup, and injuries associated with a traumatic gaze deficit. ..
- Brooks N, Greenstein S, Fry K, Hersh P. Patient subjective visual function after corneal collagen crosslinking for keratoconus and corneal ectasia. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2012;38:615-9 pubmed publisher..These subjective outcomes corroborate quantitative clinical improvements seen after CXL. ..
- Chalita M, Xu M, Krueger R. Correlation of aberrations with visual symptoms using wavefront analysis in eyes after laser in situ keratomileusis. J Refract Surg. 2003;19:S682-6 pubmed..Horizontal coma was correlated with double vision, while vertical coma was not, demonstrating a greater sensitivity with horizontally oriented multifocality. ..
- Bhatti M, Yuan C, Winter W, McSwain A, Okun M. Bilateral sixth nerve paresis in the Bing-Neel syndrome. Neurology. 2005;64:576-7 pubmed
- Hatt S, Leske D, Bradley E, Cole S, Holmes J. Comparison of quality-of-life instruments in adults with strabismus. Am J Ophthalmol. 2009;148:558-62 pubmed publisher..The new AS-20 seems to be more sensitive than the VFQ-25 for detecting reduced HRQOL in Adult Strabismus, and therefore may be a more useful tool for clinical assessment and clinical trials. ..
- Hatt S, Leske D, Bradley E, Cole S, Holmes J. Development of a quality-of-life questionnaire for adults with strabismus. Ophthalmology. 2009;116:139-144.e5 pubmed publisher..The authors have no proprietary or commercial interest in any materials discussed in this article. ..
- Hatt S, Leske D, Holmes J. Responsiveness of health-related quality-of-life questionnaires in adults undergoing Strabismus surgery. Ophthalmology. 2010;117:2322-2328.e1 pubmed publisher..Changes on VFQ-25 were smaller, particularly for nondiplopic strabismus. The AS-20 is more responsive than the VFQ-25 across the range of adult strabismus. ..
- Michels K, Ng J, Falardeau J, Roberts W, Petersen B, Nesbit G, et al. Transvenous embolization of a dural carotid-cavernous sinus fistula via the inferior ophthalmic vein. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007;23:480-2 pubmed..Follow-up venograms demonstrated occlusion of the fistula. At 2-month follow-up, there was a residual sixth nerve palsy and resolution of symptoms, including proptosis and periocular swelling. ..
- Bradley E, Sloan J, Novotny P, Garrity J, Woog J, West S. Evaluation of the National Eye Institute visual function questionnaire in Graves' ophthalmopathy. Ophthalmology. 2006;113:1450-4 pubmed..Efforts to develop an HRQL instrument that adds Graves' ophthalmopathy-specific items to relevant aspects of the NEI VFQ-25 are warranted. ..
- Schneck M, Simionescu M, Bijari A. Bilateral vertebral artery dissection possibly precipitated in delayed fashion as a result of roller coaster rides. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2008;17:39-41 pubmed publisher..The images are described and the literature is reviewed regarding late diagnosis of vertebral dissection and prior cases of roller coaster-associated dissection. ..
- Weiss M, Saneto R. Sensory ataxic neuropathy with dysarthria and ophthalmoparesis (SANDO) in late life due to compound heterozygous POLG mutations. Muscle Nerve. 2010;41:882-5 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, none of these mutations have been demonstrated previously in SANDO. This patient's late presentation illustrates that a mitochondrial disorder should be considered regardless of age if the clinical symptoms warrant...
- Nash D, Hatt S, Leske D, May L, Bothun E, Mohney B, et al. One- Versus Two-Muscle Surgery for Presumed Unilateral Fourth Nerve Palsy Associated With Moderate Angle Hyperdeviations. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;182:1-7 pubmed publisher..Diplopia success was similar between 1- and 2-muscle surgery, owing to a greater number of less symptomatic undercorrections with 1-muscle surgery and a smaller number of more symptomatic overcorrections with 2-muscle surgery. ..
- Markiewicz M, Gelesko S, Bell R. Zygoma reconstruction. Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2013;25:167-201 pubmed publisher..Traditional and contemporary concepts in posttraumatic, postablative, and esthetic reconstruction are also described...
- Kushner B, Kowal L. Diplopia after refractive surgery: occurrence and prevention. Arch Ophthalmol. 2003;121:315-21 pubmed
- Spitzer S, Bersani T, Mejico L. Multiple bilateral extraocular muscle metastases as the initial manifestation of breast cancer. J Neuroophthalmol. 2005;25:37-9 pubmed..It is unusual to encounter metastatic breast cancer affecting every extraocular muscle before the diagnosis of the primary carcinoma...
- Guo S, Wagner R, Gewirtz M, Maxwell D, Pokorny K, Tutela A, et al. Diplopia and strabismus following ocular surgeries. Surv Ophthalmol. 2010;55:335-58 pubmed publisher..The most common patterns are vertical and horizontal motility disturbance. Treatment options include prisms, botulinum, occlusion, or surgery...
- Fraunfelder F, Fraunfelder F. Diplopia and fluoroquinolones. Ophthalmology. 2009;116:1814-7 pubmed publisher..To report a possible association between fluoroquinolones and diplopia...
- Petrela E, Hodge C, Hahn S, Chung C, Mejico L. Stereotactic radiosurgery in two cases of presumed fourth cranial nerve schwannoma. J Neuroophthalmol. 2009;29:54-7 pubmed publisher..MRI showed shrinkage of the tumors. These patients represent the second and third reported cases of presumed fourth cranial nerve schwannoma treated with radiosurgery and the first cases with substantial follow-up information...
- Fraunfelder F, Richards A. Diplopia, blepharoptosis, and ophthalmoplegia and 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl-CoA reductase inhibitor use. Ophthalmology. 2008;115:2282-5 pubmed publisher..To report the association between 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl-CoA (HMG-CoA) reductase inhibitors (statins) and diplopia, blepharoptosis (ptosis), and ophthalmoplegia...
- Blitshteyn S, Hentschel K, Czervionke L, Eidelman B. Transient vertical diplopia and nystagmus associated with acute thalamic infarction. Clin Imaging. 2006;30:54-6 pubmed..DWI MRI can detect thalamic infarction as early as 1 h after its clinical manifestations...
- Melamud A, Chalita M, Krueger R, Lee M. Comatic aberration as a cause of monocular diplopia. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2006;32:529-32 pubmed..Higher-order optical aberrations such as coma may be associated with monocular diplopia. Wavefront technology may be useful in the workup of monocular diplopia...
- Hill S, Iqbal R, Cadiz C, Le J. Foodborne botulism treated with heptavalent botulism antitoxin. Ann Pharmacother. 2013;47:e12 pubmed publisher..In a confirmed case of foodborne botulism treated with H-BAT, the patient tolerated H-BAT and did not develop any hypersensitivity reactions or serum sickness. ..
- Rozen T. Thunderclap headache with diplopia and anorexia. Neurology. 2002;59:461 pubmed
- Mangla D, Carruth B, Britton L, Wladis E. Nontraumatic subperiosteal bilateral orbital hemorrhages after mitral valve repair. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014;30:e1-2 pubmed publisher..The case presentation conforms to the tenets of the Declaration of Helsinki and is Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act compliant. The etiology and management of this uncommon and dangerous entity will be discussed. ..
- Wang Z, Dell Osso L, Tomsak R, Jacobs J. Combining recessions (nystagmus and strabismus) with tenotomy improved visual function and decreased oscillopsia and diplopia in acquired downbeat nystagmus and in horizontal infantile nystagmus syndrome. J AAPOS. 2007;11:135-41 pubmed..To investigate the effects of combined tenotomy and recession procedures on both acquired downbeat nystagmus and horizontal infantile nystagmus...