Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on digestion in Australia
- McSweeney C, Denman S. Effect of sulfur supplements on cellulolytic rumen micro-organisms and microbial protein synthesis in cattle fed a high fibre diet. J Appl Microbiol. 2007;103:1757-65 pubmed
- Dong Y, Matigian N, Harvey T, Samaratunga H, Hooper J, Clements J. Tissue-specific promoter utilisation of the kallikrein-related peptidase genes, KLK5 and KLK7, and cellular localisation of the encoded proteins suggest roles in exocrine pancreatic function. Biol Chem. 2008;389:99-109 pubmed publisher..Our data also support expression patterns derived from gene duplication events in the human KLK cluster. These findings suggest that, in addition to KLK1, other related KLK enzymes will function in the exocrine pancreas. ..
- Gibson R, Barclay D, Marshall H, Moulin J, Maire J, Makrides M. Safety of supplementing infant formula with long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and Bifidobacterium lactis in term infants: a randomised controlled trial. Br J Nutr. 2009;101:1706-13 pubmed publisher..No influence of the supplements on the response to vaccines was observed. Growth characteristics of term infants fed the starter formula containing a probiotic and LC-PUFA were similar to standard formula-fed infants. ..
- Manjakasy J, Day R, Kemp A, Tibbetts I. Functional morphology of digestion in the stomachless, piscivorous needlefishes Tylosurus gavialoides and Strongylura leiura ferox (Teleostei: Beloniformes). J Morphol. 2009;270:1155-65 pubmed publisher..The nondistensibility of the rectum and the small aperture provided by the ileorectal valve suggest the products of intestinal digestion are either small particulates or fluids that pass into rectum where they are absorbed...
- Mizuno T, McKinnon A, Ichihara N, Amasaki T, Asari M, Nishita T, et al. Histological structure and distribution of carbonic anhydrase isozymes (CA-I, II, III and VI) in major salivary glands in koalas. Anat Histol Embryol. 2009;38:449-54 pubmed publisher..With the exception of the histological structure of the mandibular glands, histological features and the distributional profile of CA isozymes of the salivary glands in koalas are relatively close to results obtained from horses...
- Bhattarai R, Dhital S, Wu P, Chen X, Gidley M. Digestion of isolated legume cells in a stomach-duodenum model: three mechanisms limit starch and protein hydrolysis. Food Funct. 2017;8:2573-2582 pubmed publisher..The study suggests that the preservation of intactness of plant cells, such as from legumes, could be a viable approach to achieve the targeted delivery of resistant starch to the colon. ..
- Wu P, Deng R, Wu X, Wang Y, Dong Z, Dhital S, et al. In vitro gastric digestion of cooked white and brown rice using a dynamic rat stomach model. Food Chem. 2017;237:1065-1072 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the structural difference could affect physiochemical properties during gastric digestion. ..