Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on developmental gene expression regulation in Japan
Topic: developmental gene expression regulation
Publications137 found, 100 shown here
- Sakai Y, Suetake I, Itoh K, Mizugaki M, Tajima S, Yamashina S. Expression of DNA methyltransferase (Dnmt1) in testicular germ cells during development of mouse embryo. Cell Struct Funct. 2001;26:685-91 pubmed..The present results indicate that not Dnmt1 but some other type of DNA methyltransferase contributes to the creation of DNA methylation patterns in male germ cells. ..
- Ishikawa Y, Katoh H, Nakamura K, Mori K, Negishi M. Developmental changes in expression of small GTPase RhoG mRNA in the rat brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;106:145-50 pubmed..These results suggest distinct pre- and postnatal roles of RhoG in the development of the central nervous system. ..
- Katayama S, Ashizawa K, Gohma H, Fukuhara T, Narumi K, Tsuzuki Y, et al. The expression of Hedgehog genes (Ihh, Dhh) and Hedgehog target genes (Ptc1, Gli1, Coup-TfII) is affected by estrogenic stimuli in the uterus of immature female rats. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2006;217:375-83 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of Hedgehog genes (Ihh, Dhh) and Hedgehog target genes (Ptc1, Gli1, Coup-TfII) is affected by estrogenic stimuli in the uterus of immature female rats. ..
- Li D, Chan T, Satow R, Komazaki S, Hashizume K, Asashima M. The role of XTRAP-gamma in Xenopus pronephros development. Int J Dev Biol. 2005;49:401-8 pubmed..XTRAP-gamma morpholinos also inhibited differentiation of the pronephros in activin/retinoic acid-treated animal caps. We conclude that XTRAP-gamma plays an important role in the process of pronephros differentiation. ..
- Nakamura T, Fukuda T, Nakano M, Hasebe M, Kameya T, Kanno A. The modified ABC model explains the development of the petaloid perianth of Agapanthus praecox ssp. orientalis (Agapanthaceae) flowers. Plant Mol Biol. 2005;58:435-45 pubmed..These observations indicate that the flower developmental mechanism of Agapanthus follows the modified ABC model. ..
- Shofuda K, Togawa T, Nakato H, Tomino S, Izumi S. Molecular cloning and characterization of a cDNA encoding a larval cuticle protein of Bombyx mori. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 1999;122:105-9 pubmed..An in vivo study using a juvenile hormone analogue suggested that juvenile hormone positively regulates expression of LCP18 mRNA during larval intermolt stages...
- Amano O, Koshimizu U, Nakamura T, Iseki S. Enhancement by hepatocyte growth factor of bone and cartilage formation during embryonic mouse mandibular development in vitro. Arch Oral Biol. 1999;44:935-46 pubmed..These results revealed that exogenous HGF enhances bone and cartilage morphogenesis in the cultured mandibles, suggesting physiological roles for intrinsic HGF in the early development of mouse mandible. ..
- Zhang H, Shinmyo Y, Mito T, Miyawaki K, Sarashina I, Ohuchi H, et al. Expression patterns of the homeotic genes Scr, Antp, Ubx, and abd-A during embryogenesis of the cricket Gryllus bimaculatus. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;5:491-502 pubmed..abd-A is expressed in the posterior compartment of the first abdominal segment and the remaining abdominal segments in all three insects, although its posterior border varies among them. ..
- Masuya H, Sezutsu H, Sakuraba Y, Sagai T, Hosoya M, Kaneda H, et al. A series of ENU-induced single-base substitutions in a long-range cis-element altering Sonic hedgehog expression in the developing mouse limb bud. Genomics. 2007;89:207-14 pubmed..Thus, this study shows that gene-driven screening for ENU-induced mutations is an effective approach for exploring the function of conserved, noncoding sequences and potential cis-regulatory elements. ..
- Sun C, Nakatake Y, Ura H, Akagi T, Niwa H, Koide H, et al. Stem cell-specific expression of Dax1 is conferred by STAT3 and Oct3/4 in embryonic stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;372:91-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, gel shift assay indicated that these transcription factors directly bind to their putative binding sites. These results suggest that STAT3 and Oct3/4 control the expression of Dax1 to maintain the self-renewal of ES cells. ..
- Sano H, Mukai M, Kobayashi S. Maternal Nanos and Pumilio regulate zygotic vasa expression autonomously in the germ-line progenitors of Drosophila melanogaster embryos. Dev Growth Differ. 2001;43:545-52 pubmed..These observations show that germ-line-specific vas expression is promoted by autonomous function of maternal Nos and Pum in the germ-line progenitors during embryogenesis, and is regulated differentially in embryogenesis and oogenesis. ..
- Gamo S, Tomida J, Dodo K, Keyakidani D, Matakatsu H, Yamamoto D, et al. Calreticulin mediates anesthetic sensitivity in Drosophila melanogaster. Anesthesiology. 2003;99:867-75 pubmed
- Kim Y, Tsutsui N, Kawazoe I, Okumura T, Kaneko T, Aida K. Localization and developmental expression of mRNA for cortical rod protein in kuruma prawn Marsupenaeus japonicus. Zoolog Sci. 2005;22:675-80 pubmed..The endogenous vitellogenic stage is a crucial stage for the initiation of CRP and Vg syntheses. The coincidence of these protein syntheses suggests that CRP and Vg syntheses are regulated by closely-related mechanisms. ..
- Murakami M, Tominaga J, Makita R, Uchijima Y, Kurihara Y, Nakagawa O, et al. Transcriptional activity of Pax3 is co-activated by TAZ. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;339:533-9 pubmed..Functional interaction between Pax3 and TAZ may provide a clue to clarifying the mechanism by which Pax3 serves as a transcriptional activator during embryogenesis. ..
- Satoh N. Ascidian embryos as a model system to analyze expression and function of developmental genes. Differentiation. 2001;68:1-12 pubmed..This review is aimed to highlight the recent advances in ascidian embryology. ..
- Yoshida T, Tokunaga A, Nakao K, Okano H. Distinct expression patterns of splicing isoforms of mNumb in the endocrine lineage of developing pancreas. Differentiation. 2003;71:486-95 pubmed..In addition, islet cells, which are produced from ductal tissue, were immunostained by the anti-panNb antibody. Our present results will contribute to the understanding of the mechanisms of islet development from ductal tissue. ..
- Sasai N, Kato Y, Kimura G, Takeuchi T, Yamaguchi M. The Drosophila jumonji gene encodes a JmjC-containing nuclear protein that is required for metamorphosis. FEBS J. 2007;274:6139-51 pubmed..These findings suggest that dJmj controls expression of developmentally important genes through modification of chromatin into a transcriptionally silenced state. ..
- Saga Y, Hata N, Kobayashi S, Magnuson T, Seldin M, Taketo M. MesP1: a novel basic helix-loop-helix protein expressed in the nascent mesodermal cells during mouse gastrulation. Development. 1996;122:2769-78 pubmed..The amino acid sequence and its expression pattern suggest that MesP1 plays an important role in the development of the nascent mesoderm including PGC. ..
- Akimaru H, Hou D, Ishii S. Drosophila CBP is required for dorsal-dependent twist gene expression. Nat Genet. 1997;17:211-4 pubmed..Here, we show that dCBP mutants fail to express twi and generate twisted embryos. This is explained by results showing that dCBP is necessary for dl-mediated activation of the twi promoter. ..
- Ohmachi T, Fukuoka R, Kimura Y, Asada Y, Ennis H. The characterization of two Dictyostelium discoideum genes encoding ribosomal proteins with sequence similarity to rat L27a and L37a. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1998;62:2008-15 pubmed..The DdL27a and DdL37a mRNA were expressed maximally in growing amoebae, and their levels decreased during multicellular development, coordinately with the observed decrease in ribosome accumulation during later development. ..
- Toriya N, Takuma T, Arakawa T, Abiko Y, Sasano Y, Takahashi I, et al. Expression and localization of versican during postnatal development of rat temporomandibular joint disc. Histochem Cell Biol. 2006;125:205-14 pubmed
- Yoshida C, Komori T. Role of Runx proteins in chondrogenesis. Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr. 2005;15:243-54 pubmed..It also highlights how Runx proteins regulate transcription of target genes and how Runx proteins are regulated in the cartilaginous skeleton. ..
- Higashijima S, Okamoto H, Ueno N, Hotta Y, Eguchi G. High-frequency generation of transgenic zebrafish which reliably express GFP in whole muscles or the whole body by using promoters of zebrafish origin. Dev Biol. 1997;192:289-99 pubmed
- Saito T, Sawamoto K, Okano H, Anderson D, Mikoshiba K. Mammalian BarH homologue is a potential regulator of neural bHLH genes. Dev Biol. 1998;199:216-25 pubmed..This suggests that MBH1 is a potential regulator of mammalian neural bHLH genes, thereby establishing distinct pathways of neuronal differentiation. ..
- Shiota H, Satoh R, Watabe K, Harada H, Kamada H. C-ABI3, the carrot homologue of the Arabidopsis ABI3, is expressed during both zygotic and somatic embryogenesis and functions in the regulation of embryo-specific ABA-inducible genes. Plant Cell Physiol. 1998;39:1184-93 pubmed..This suggests that C-ABI3 has the same function as VP1/ABI3 factor in carrot somatic embryos. ..
- Tatsumi K, Higuchi T, Fujiwara H, Nakayama T, Itoh K, Mori T, et al. Expression of calcium binding protein D-9k messenger RNA in the mouse uterine endometrium during implantation. Mol Hum Reprod. 1999;5:153-61 pubmed
- Kouchi H, Shimomura K, Hata S, Hirota A, Wu G, Kumagai H, et al. Large-scale analysis of gene expression profiles during early stages of root nodule formation in a model legume, Lotus japonicus. DNA Res. 2004;11:263-74 pubmed..The results provide a comprehensive data source for investigation of molecular mechanisms underlying nodulation and symbiotic nitrogen fixation. ..
- Fujimori T, Sato E, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. PRR5 (PSEUDO-RESPONSE REGULATOR 5) plays antagonistic roles to CCA1 (CIRCADIAN CLOCK-ASSOCIATED 1) in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2005;69:426-30 pubmed..Evidence will be provided that PRR5 plays an antagonistic role(s) to the putative CCA1 clock component. ..
- Matsunami H, Takeichi M. Fetal brain subdivisions defined by R- and E-cadherin expressions: evidence for the role of cadherin activity in region-specific, cell-cell adhesion. Dev Biol. 1995;172:466-78 pubmed..These results suggest that cadherins confer region-specific adhesiveness on fetal brain cells and that this process may take part in brain segmentation. ..
- Sakamoto H, Ukena K, Takemori H, Okamoto M, Kawata M, Tsutsui K. Expression and localization of 25-Dx, a membrane-associated putative progesterone-binding protein, in the developing Purkinje cell. Neuroscience. 2004;126:325-34 pubmed..Progesterone may promote dendritic growth, spinogenesis and synaptogenesis via 25-Dx as well as its nuclear receptor in the Purkinje cell in the neonate. ..
- Saotome A, Kimura S, Mori Y, Uchiyama Y, Morohashi K, Sakaguchi K. Characterization of four RecQ homologues from rice (Oryza sativa L. cv. Nipponbare). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:1283-91 pubmed
- Kanai Y, Kanai Azuma M, Noce T, Saido T, Shiroishi T, Hayashi Y, et al. Identification of two Sox17 messenger RNA isoforms, with and without the high mobility group box region, and their differential expression in mouse spermatogenesis. J Cell Biol. 1996;133:667-81 pubmed..Thus, these findings suggest that Sox17 may function as a transcriptional activator in the premeiotic germ cells, and that a splicing switch into t-Sox17 may lead to the loss of its function in the postmeiotic germ cells. ..
- Tomoyasu Y, Nakamura M, Ueno N. Role of dpp signalling in prepattern formation of the dorsocentral mechanosensory organ in Drosophila melanogaster. Development. 1998;125:4215-24 pubmed
- Ruike T, Takeuchi R, Takata K, Oshige M, Kasai N, Shimanouchi K, et al. Characterization of a second proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA2) from Drosophila melanogaster. FEBS J. 2006;273:5062-73 pubmed..Our observations suggest that DmPCNA2 may function as an independent sliding clamp of DmPCNA1 when DNA repair occurs. ..
- Abe S, Yagi T, Ishiyama S, Hiroe M, Marumo F, Ikawa Y. Molecular cloning of a novel serine/threonine kinase, MRK, possibly involved in cardiac development. Oncogene. 1995;11:2187-95 pubmed..This finding suggests that MRK may be a participant in cardiac development. ..
- Fuse N, Hirose S, Hayashi S. Determination of wing cell fate by the escargot and snail genes in Drosophila. Development. 1996;122:1059-67 pubmed..The sustained Escargot and Snail expression then activates vestigial and other target genes that are essential for wing development. This maintains the commitment to the wing cell fate and induces wing-specific cell shape change. ..
- Akimaru H, Chen Y, Dai P, Hou D, Nonaka M, Smolik S, et al. Drosophila CBP is a co-activator of cubitus interruptus in hedgehog signalling. Nature. 1997;386:735-8 pubmed..Here we show that Drosophila CBP (dCBP) functions as a coactivator of Ci, suggesting that the dCBP-Ci interaction may shed light on the contribution of CBP to pattern formation in mammals. ..
- Takahashi T, Aoki S, Koshimizu U, Matsumoto K, Nakamura T. Xenopus LIM motif-containing protein kinase, Xlimk1, is expressed in the developing head structure of the embryo. Dev Dyn. 1997;209:196-205 pubmed..These results indicate that Xlimk1 may play an important role in neural development and formation of anterior (head) structures in the Xenopus embryo. ..
- Suda Y, Matsuo I, Aizawa S. Cooperation between Otx1 and Otx2 genes in developmental patterning of rostral brain. Mech Dev. 1997;69:125-41 pubmed
- Ogino H, Yasuda K. Induction of lens differentiation by activation of a bZIP transcription factor, L-Maf. Science. 1998;280:115-8 pubmed..Thus, vertebrate lens induction and differentiation can be triggered by the activation of L-Maf. ..
- Roh S, Kuno M, Hishikawa D, Hong Y, Katoh K, Obara Y, et al. Identification of differentially expressed transcripts in bovine rumen and abomasum using a differential display method. J Anim Sci. 2007;85:395-403 pubmed..05) in the abomasum with weaning and age. This indicates that the 4 tissues, especially the rumen and abomasum, have different developmental pathways after birth and subsequent onset of rumination. ..
- Hashimoto K, Noshiro M, Ohno S, Kawamoto T, Satakeda H, Akagawa Y, et al. Characterization of a cartilage-derived 66-kDa protein (RGD-CAP/beta ig-h3) that binds to collagen. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1355:303-14 pubmed..Since RGD-CAP transcripts were found in most tissues, this novel collagen-binding protein may play an important role in cell-collagen interactions in various tissues including developing cartilage. ..
- Shimokawa T, Kato M, Ezaki O, Hashimoto S. Transcriptional regulation of muscle-specific genes during myoblast differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;246:287-92 pubmed..These data clearly show the sequential and the differential regulation of muscle-specific genes in C2C12 cells during multinucleate myotube formation. ..
- Konishi Y, Ohkawa N, Makino Y, Ohkubo H, Kageyama R, Furuichi T, et al. Transcriptional regulation of mouse type 1 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor gene by NeuroD-related factor. J Neurochem. 1999;72:1717-24 pubmed..From these results, we suggest that NDRF is involved in the tissue-specific regulation of IP3R1 gene expression in the CNS. ..
- Haraguchi R, Mo R, Hui C, Motoyama J, Makino S, Shiroishi T, et al. Unique functions of Sonic hedgehog signaling during external genitalia development. Development. 2001;128:4241-50 pubmed..These results suggest a dual mode of Shh function, first by the regulation of initiating GT outgrowth, and second, by subsequent GT differentiation. ..
- Hori O, Miyazaki M, Tamatani T, Ozawa K, Takano K, Okabe M, et al. Deletion of SERP1/RAMP4, a component of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) translocation sites, leads to ER stress. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:4257-67 pubmed
- Yamanishi T, Katsu K, Funahashi J, Yumoto E, Yokouchi Y. Dan is required for normal morphogenesis and patterning in the developing chick inner ear. Dev Growth Differ. 2007;49:13-26 pubmed..Thus, Dan is required for the normal morphogenesis of the inner ear and, by inhibiting BMP signaling, for the patterning of the transcription factors Nkx5.1 and Msx1...
- Horigane M, Shinoda T, Honda H, Taylor D. Characterization of a vitellogenin gene reveals two phase regulation of vitellogenesis by engorgement and mating in the soft tick Ornithodoros moubata (Acari: Argasidae). Insect Mol Biol. 2010;19:501-15 pubmed publisher..Therefore, engorgement initially induces OmVg expression but mating is necessary for continued Vg expression to produce mature eggs...
- Takahashi K, Sendai Y, Matsuda Y, Hoshi H, Hiroi M, Araki Y. Mouse oviduct-specific glycoprotein gene: genomic organization and structure of the 5'-flanking regulatory region. Biol Reprod. 2000;62:217-26 pubmed..These findings should facilitate our understanding of the regulation of OGP gene expression, and they may be helpful for designing experiments to unravel the role of OGP in the process of mammalian fertilization. ..
- Kapoor M, Tsuda S, Tanaka Y, Mayama T, Okuyama Y, Tsuchimoto S, et al. Role of petunia pMADS3 in determination of floral organ and meristem identity, as revealed by its loss of function. Plant J. 2002;32:115-27 pubmed..The evidence presented here suggest that a complex involving PMADS3 and FBP2 is responsible for specification of organ identity in the third whorl. ..
- Shoji H, Nishi N, Hirashima M, Nakamura T. Characterization of the Xenopus galectin family. Three structurally different types as in mammals and regulated expression during embryogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:12285-93 pubmed..These results show that the expression of each member is spatiotemporally regulated from eggs to adulthood, suggesting that galectins play multiple roles not only in adults, but also in development. ..
- Yoshioka H, Iyama K, Inoguchi K, Khaleduzzaman M, Ninomiya Y, Ramirez F. Developmental pattern of expression of the mouse alpha 1 (XI) collagen gene (Col11a1). Dev Dyn. 1995;204:41-7 pubmed..This finding raises the possibility that the alpha 1(XI) chain may participate in the formation of stage- and tissue-specific trimers with distinct functional properties. ..
- Miyatake R, Furukawa A, Matsushita M, Iwahashi K, Nakamura K, Ichikawa Y, et al. Tissue-specific alternative splicing of mouse brain type ryanodine receptor/calcium release channel mRNA. FEBS Lett. 1996;395:123-6 pubmed..However, interestingly, the splicing type (RyR3-I) mRNA was detected only in the cerebrum. These findings suggest that the splicing variants RyR3-I and RyR3-II may generate functional differences of RyR3 in a tissue-specific manner. ..
- Suzuki Y, Yasuoka Y, Shimohama T, Nishikitani M, Nakamura N, Hirose S, et al. Expression of the K+ channel Kir7.1 in the developing rat kidney: role in K+ excretion. Kidney Int. 2003;63:969-75 pubmed..Our results suggest that Kir7.1 is involved in the development of renal K+ excretion between 14 and 21 days after birth under the condition of K+ overload. ..
- Ishizuya Oka A, Hasebe T, Shimizu K, Suzuki K, Ueda S. Shh/BMP-4 signaling pathway is essential for intestinal epithelial development during Xenopus larval-to-adult remodeling. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:3240-9 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that the Shh/BMP-4 signaling pathway plays key roles in the amphibian intestinal remodeling through epithelial-connective tissue interactions. ..
- Ohta S, Suzuki K, Tachibana K, Tanaka H, Yamada G. Cessation of gastrulation is mediated by suppression of epithelial-mesenchymal transition at the ventral ectodermal ridge. Development. 2007;134:4315-24 pubmed..These indicate that the inhibition of Bmp signaling by temporal and/or spatial Nog expression suppresses EMT and leads to the cessation of the ingressive cell movement from the VER at the end of gastrulation. ..
- Nakao H. Characterization of Bombyx embryo segmentation process: expression profiles of engrailed, even-skipped, caudal, and wnt1/wingless homologues. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2010;314:224-31 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, conserved and divergent aspects of the evolution of insect segmentation mechanisms and germ cell formation are discussed...
- Shimamoto T, Ohyashiki K, Toyama K, Takeshita K. Homeobox genes in hematopoiesis and leukemogenesis. Int J Hematol. 1998;67:339-50 pubmed..In this review article, many functions of homeobox genes both at the early stem cell level as well as at the later stages of hematopoietic differentiation, and the leukemogenic effect of altered homeobox genes are discussed. ..
- Takagi T, Harada J, Ishii S. Murine Schnurri-2 is required for positive selection of thymocytes. Nat Immunol. 2001;2:1048-53 pubmed..These data raised the possibility that the Smad-Shn-2 complex is involved in the thymic selection of T cells. ..
- Nakamichi N, Kambe Y, Oikawa H, Ogura M, Takano K, Tamaki K, et al. Protection by exogenous pyruvate through a mechanism related to monocarboxylate transporters against cell death induced by hydrogen peroxide in cultured rat cortical neurons. J Neurochem. 2005;93:84-93 pubmed..These results suggest that vulnerability to H(2)O(2) may at least in part involve expression of particular MCT isoforms responsible for the bi-directional transport of pyruvate across cell surfaces in cultured rat cortical neurons. ..
- Makino Y, Kanno R, Koseki H, Taniguchi M. Development of Valpha4+ NK T cells in the early stages of embryogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:6516-20 pubmed..To our knowledge, this demonstrates for the first time that a T lymphocyte subset develops in extrathymic tissues during the early stages of embryogenesis. ..
- Uchida M, Hanai S, Uematsu N, Sawamoto K, Okano H, Miwa M, et al. Overexpression of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase disrupts organization of cytoskeletal F-actin and tissue polarity in Drosophila. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6696-702 pubmed..Our results indicate that PARP may play a role in cytoskeletal or cytoplasmic events in developmental processes of Drosophila. ..
- Wang Y, Takai R, Yoshioka H, Shirabe K. Characterization and expression of serotonin transporter genes in zebrafish. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2006;208:267-74 pubmed..These information might be useful to evaluate the effect of those chemicals on serotonin neuron development and behavior of the animal. ..
- Sawai K, Kageyama S, Moriyasu S, Hirayama H, Minamihashi A, Onoe S. Changes in the mRNA transcripts of insulin-like growth factor ligand, receptors and binding proteins in bovine blastocysts and elongated embryos derived from somatic cell nuclear transfer. J Reprod Dev. 2007;53:77-86 pubmed..05) than in the Vivo embryos at the EL stage. These results suggest that there are differences in the levels and changes in the transcription of IGF-related genes in bovine embryos produced by NT-SC compared with those produced by Vivo. ..
- Kimura Y, Matsunami H, Takeichi M. Expression of cadherin-11 delineates boundaries, neuromeres, and nuclei in the developing mouse brain. Dev Dyn. 1996;206:455-62 pubmed..We also discussed the possibility that cad11 might be involved in neuronal connections between specific nuclei. ..
- Kataoka H, Takakura N, Nishikawa S, Tsuchida K, Kodama H, Kunisada T, et al. Expressions of PDGF receptor alpha, c-Kit and Flk1 genes clustering in mouse chromosome 5 define distinct subsets of nascent mesodermal cells. Dev Growth Differ. 1997;39:729-40 pubmed..The results suggest that these three receptor tyrosine kinases will be useful for defining and sorting subsets of mesodermal cells from embryos or in vitro cultured ES cells. ..
- Masuda T, Fukamauchi F, Takeda Y, Fujisawa H, Watanabe K, Okado N, et al. Developmental regulation of notochord-derived repulsion for dorsal root ganglion axons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2004;25:217-27 pubmed..Thus, notochord-derived multiple axon repulsions act in a spatiotemporal-specific manner to shape the initial trajectories of DRG axons...
- Sasai N, Nakazawa Y, Haraguchi T, Sasai Y. The neurotrophin-receptor-related protein NRH1 is essential for convergent extension movements. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:741-8 pubmed..This demonstrates an essential role for p75(NTR)-related signalling in early embryonic morphogenesis. ..
- Sawaguchi S, Koya Y, Yoshizaki N, Ohkubo N, Andoh T, Hiramatsu N, et al. Multiple vitellogenins (Vgs) in mosquitofish (Gambusia affinis): identification and characterization of three functional Vg genes and their circulating and yolk protein products. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:1045-60 pubmed..This is the first report on the characterization of three functional Vg genes and their circulating and yolk protein products in any vertebrate species. ..
- Wada H, Tanaka H, Nakayama S, Iwasaki M, Okamoto H. Frizzled3a and Celsr2 function in the neuroepithelium to regulate migration of facial motor neurons in the developing zebrafish hindbrain. Development. 2006;133:4749-59 pubmed..e. preventing integration of differentiated neurons into the neuroepithelial layer). This contrasts markedly with their reported role in reintegration of neuroepithelial daughter cells into the neuroepithelial layer after cell division. ..
- Iwanaga A, Sato T, Sugihara K, Hirao A, Takakura N, Okamoto H, et al. Neural-specific ablation of the scaffold protein JSAP1 in mice causes neonatal death. Neurosci Lett. 2007;429:43-8 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that the neonatal death of jsap1-deficient mice is caused by defects in the nervous system. ..
- Yasunami M, Suzuki K, Houtani T, Sugimoto T, Ohkubo H. Molecular characterization of cDNA encoding a novel protein related to transcriptional enhancer factor-1 from neural precursor cells. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:18649-54 pubmed..We have discussed the possible existence of multiple subtypes of the mammalian TEF-1 family proteins, which may play different roles in cellular and development gene regulation. ..
- Ishihara K, Kobune Y, Okuyama Y, Itoh M, Lee B, Muraoka O, et al. Stage-specific expression of mouse BST-1/BP-3 on the early B and T cell progenitors prior to gene rearrangement of antigen receptor. Int Immunol. 1996;8:1395-404 pubmed..These results showed that murine BST-1 is a useful marker for lymphoid progenitor cells initiating gene rearrangement of their antigen receptors. ..
- Yoshikawa Y, Fujimori T, McMahon A, Takada S. Evidence that absence of Wnt-3a signaling promotes neuralization instead of paraxial mesoderm development in the mouse. Dev Biol. 1997;183:234-42 pubmed..These results suggest that Wnt-3a signaling may play a role in regulating paraxial mesodermal fates, at the expense of neurectodermal fates, within the primitive ectoderm of the gastrulating mouse embryo. ..
- Khoa N, Hasunuma T, Kobata T, Kato T, Nishioka K. Expression of murine HOXD9 during embryonic joint patterning and in human T lymphotropic virus type I tax transgenic mice with arthropathy resembling rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 1999;42:686-96 pubmed..HTLV-I tax appeared as an activator of this HOX gene in cultured synoviocytes. ..
- Usui T, Shima Y, Shimada Y, Hirano S, Burgess R, Schwarz T, et al. Flamingo, a seven-pass transmembrane cadherin, regulates planar cell polarity under the control of Frizzled. Cell. 1999;98:585-95 pubmed..These results, together with phenotypes caused by ectopic expression of fz and fmi, suggest that cells acquire the P-D polarity by way of the Fz-dependent boundary localization of Fmi. ..
- Hayashi S, Itoh M, Taira S, Agata K, Taira M. Expression patterns of Xenopus FGF receptor-like 1/nou-darake in early Xenopus development resemble those of planarian nou-darake and Xenopus FGF8. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:700-7 pubmed..In many of these regions, XFGFRL1/Xndk was coexpressed with XFGF8, indicating that XFGFRL1/Xndk is a member of the XFGF8 synexpression group, which includes sprouty, sef, and isthmin. ..
- Matsui Y, Okamura D. Mechanisms of germ-cell specification in mouse embryos. Bioessays. 2005;27:136-43 pubmed..This raises the possibility that ES cells, as well as, possibly, pluripotential cells in preimplantation embryos, are more closely related to the PGC precursors than pluripotential cells after implantation. ..
- Inoue Y, Yoneda M, Zhao J, Miyaishi O, Ohno Jinno A, Kataoka T, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of chick SPACRCAN. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:10381-8 pubmed
- Miyake A, Saito T, Kashiwagi N, Ando D, Yamamoto A, Suzuki T, et al. Cloning and pattern of expression of the shiro-uo vasa gene during embryogenesis and its roles in PGC development. Int J Dev Biol. 2006;50:619-25 pubmed..The numbers decreased when all of the four spots were removed, indicating that the vasa-containing spots at early cleavage stages have important functions in the development of PGCs...
- Kobayashi T. In vitro germ cell differentiation during sex differentiation in a teleost fish. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:105-11 pubmed publisher..Together, nos may be also involved in oogenic meiosis, with the exception of primordial germ cell migration. ..
- Sugimoto K, Honda S, Yamamoto T, Ueki T, Monden M, Kaji A, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a newly identified member of the cadherin family, PB-cadherin. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:11548-56 pubmed..PB-cadherin may play an important role in morphogenesis and tissue formation in neural and non-neural cells for the development and maintenance of the brain and neuroendocrine organs by regulating cell-cell adhesion. ..
- Kako K, Tsumori K, Ohmasa Y, Takahashi Y, Munekata E. The expression of Cox17p in rodent tissues and cells. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:6699-707 pubmed..These findings suggested that Cox17p is not only part of the respiratory chain but also involved in brain and endocrine functions. ..
- Kato M, Seki N, Sugano S, Hashimoto K, Masuho Y, Muramatsu M, et al. Identification of sonic hedgehog-responsive genes using cDNA microarray. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;289:472-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that microarray technology provides a useful tool for studying expression of developmentally regulated genes. ..
- Harada Y, Shoguchi E, Taguchi S, Okai N, Humphreys T, Tagawa K, et al. Conserved expression pattern of BMP-2/4 in hemichordate acorn worm and echinoderm sea cucumber embryos. Zoolog Sci. 2002;19:1113-21 pubmed..This is in agreement with the homology between their basic larval body plans with respect to coelomogenesis and allows us to discuss the evolutionary counterparts of the coelomopore complex in chordates. ..
- Adur J, Takizawa S, Quan J, Uchide T, Saida K. Increased gene expression and production of murine endothelin receptors after birth. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;305:700-6 pubmed..These findings were corroborated through observation of the correlation between the gene expression and (poly)peptide production of the ET system in normal skin before and after parturition. ..
- Takata K, Inoue Y, Hirose F, Murakami S, Shimanouchi K, Sakimoto I, et al. Spatio-temporal expression of Drosophila mitochondrial transcription factor A during development. Cell Biol Int. 2003;27:361-74 pubmed..The results suggest that D-mtTFA not only contributes to the mitochondrial DNA transcription and replication system, but also has a role in cell proliferation and development, including spermatogenesis. ..
- Sakai Y, Suetake I, Shinozaki F, Yamashina S, Tajima S. Co-expression of de novo DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a2 and Dnmt3L in gonocytes of mouse embryos. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;5:231-7 pubmed..The results strongly suggest that Dnmt3a2 and Dnmt3L are responsible for the global DNA methylation in mouse male germ cells. ..
- Echizenya M, Kondo S, Takahashi R, Oh J, Kawashima S, Kitayama H, et al. The membrane-anchored MMP-regulator RECK is a target of myogenic regulatory factors. Oncogene. 2005;24:5850-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that MyoD down regulates RECK to facilitate myotube formation, whereas MRF4 up regulates RECK to promote other aspects of myogenesis that require extracellular matrix integrity. ..