Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on denmark in Denmark
Publications605 found, 100 shown here
- Winther J, Boice J, Frederiksen K, Bautz A, Mulvihill J, Stovall M, et al. Radiotherapy for childhood cancer and risk for congenital malformations in offspring: a population-based cohort study. Clin Genet. 2009;75:50-6 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence that cancer therapy of children does not increase the risk for malformations in their offspring. Continued monitoring of genetic risks among their offspring, however, is warranted. ..
- Hviid C, Salomonsen M, Gelineck J, Rasmussen L, Jensen K, Kryger Baggesen P, et al. Retropharyngeal tendinitis may be more common than we think: a report on 45 cases seen in Danish chiropractic clinics. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2009;32:315-20 pubmed publisher..This condition may be a more common than previously thought among patients presenting with acute neck pain in the primary health care sector. ..
- Jensen A, Bjorkman C, Kjeldsen A, Wedderkopp A, Willadsen C, Uggla A, et al. Associations of Neospora caninum seropositivity with gestation number and pregnancy outcome in Danish dairy herds. Prev Vet Med. 1999;40:151-63 pubmed..e. gestation number) (P = 0.02). In open cows, seropositivity tended to decrease with distance from calving (P = 0.05). The proportion of seropositive pregnant cows increased with trimester (P = 0.02). ..
- Licht R, Vestergaard P, Rasmussen N, Jepsen K, Brodersen A, Hansen P. A lithium clinic for bipolar patients: 2-year outcome of the first 148 patients. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2001;104:387-90 pubmed..This paper describes the outcome for the first 148 patients referred to a lithium clinic...
- Buch H, Vinding T, Nielsen N. Prevalence and causes of visual impairment according to World Health Organization and United States criteria in an aged, urban Scandinavian population: the Copenhagen City Eye Study. Ophthalmology. 2001;108:2347-57 pubmed..To evaluate the prevalence and causes of visual impairment in an epidemiologic study of aged, urban individuals in Denmark...
- Vestergaard P, Mosekilde L. Cohort study on effects of parathyroid surgery on multiple outcomes in primary hyperparathyroidism. BMJ. 2003;327:530-4 pubmed..Patients treated surgically for primary hyperparathyroidism have a lower prevalence of fractures and gastric ulcers than patients treated conservatively. The type of treatment had no effect on the occurrence of cardiovascular events. ..
- Dybdahl T, Andersen M, Kragstrup J, Kristiansen I, Søndergaard J. General practitioners' adoption of new drugs and previous prescribing of drugs belonging to the same therapeutic class: a pharmacoepidemiological study. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2005;60:526-33 pubmed..There is no consistent association between GPs' level of drug prescribing and their adoption of new drugs of the same therapeutic group. ..
- Fonnesbech Vogel B, Venkateswaran K, Satomi M, Gram L. Identification of Shewanella baltica as the most important H2S-producing species during iced storage of Danish marine fish. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:6689-97 pubmed..In conclusion, the spoilage reactions of iced Danish marine fish remain unchanged (i.e., trimethylamine-N-oxide reduction and H2S production); however, the main H2S-producing organism was identified as S. baltica. ..
- Hviid A. Postlicensure epidemiology of childhood vaccination: the Danish experience. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2006;5:641-9 pubmed
- Heje H, Vedsted P, Sokolowski I, Olesen F. Doctor and practice characteristics associated with differences in patient evaluations of general practice. BMC Health Serv Res. 2007;7:46 pubmed..These differences need to be accounted for when comparing patient evaluations of different practices. ..
- Stochholm K, Laursen T, Green A, Laurberg P, Andersen M, Kristensen L, et al. Morbidity and GH deficiency: a nationwide study. Eur J Endocrinol. 2008;158:447-57 pubmed publisher..To estimate morbidity in Denmark in all patients with GH deficiency (GHD)...
- Adegboye A, Heitmann B. Accuracy and correlates of maternal recall of birthweight and gestational age. BJOG. 2008;115:886-93 pubmed publisher..Maternal recall of BW was highly reliable (MD =-5.5 g; ICC = 0.93), and reliability remained high across subgroups. Maternal recall of BW and GA seems to be sufficiently accurate for clinical and epidemiological use. ..
- Nielsen L, Schendel D, Grove J, Hvidtjørn D, Jacobsson B, Josiassen T, et al. Asphyxia-related risk factors and their timing in spastic cerebral palsy. BJOG. 2008;115:1518-28 pubmed publisher..The risk for spastic CP from cord around the neck is not accounted for by other prepartum or intrapartum factors we examined. Considering the relative timing of risk factors provides a useful framework for studies of CP aetiology. ..
- Agerholm J, Christensen K, Nielsen S, Flagstad P. Bovine renal lipofuscinosis: prevalence, genetics and impact on milk production and weight at slaughter in Danish cattle. Acta Vet Scand. 2009;51:7 pubmed publisher..The study supports that BRL is inherited autosomal recessively in the Danish Red breed and Danish Holsteins, but with incomplete penetrance of the genotype in Danish Holsteins. ..
- Yazdanyar S, Nordestgaard B. NOD2/CARD15 genotype and common gastrointestinal diseases in 43,600 individuals. J Intern Med. 2010;267:228-36 pubmed publisher..NOD2/CARD15 polymorphisms are not major risk factors for common gastrointestinal diseases; however, we cannot completely exclude association with appendicitis, anal fissure, fistula and abscess, and gastrointestinal cancer. ..
- Bang U, Semb S, Nordgaard Lassen I, Jensen J. A descriptive cross-sectional study of the prevalence of 25-hydroxyvitamin D deficiency and association with bone markers in a hospitalized population. Nutr Res. 2009;29:671-5 pubmed publisher..5 vs 76 U/L, P = .001) and parathyroid hormone (5.1 vs 2.8 pmol/L; P = .001). We recommend measuring the level of 25(OH)D and parathyroid hormone in patients with chronic diseases, especially alcoholism and cirrhosis. ..
- Bygbjerg I, Schiøler K, Konradsen F. [Climate- and vector-borne diseases]. Ugeskr Laeger. 2009;171:3175-8 pubmed..In Denmark, malaria and leishmaniasis are unlikely to become public health problems, whereas the potential for tick-borne illnesses may increase. ..
- Stochholm K, Juul S, Gravholt C. Mortality and incidence in women with 47,XXX and variants. Am J Med Genet A. 2010;152A:367-72 pubmed publisher..Better delineation of the clinical phenotype of 47,XXX is needed; available information does not readily explain the increased mortality...
- Modin L, Walsted A, Rittig C, Hansen A, Jakobsen M. Follow-up in Childhood Functional Constipation: A Randomized, Controlled Clinical Trial. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2016;62:594-9 pubmed publisher..Patient empowerment rather than health care-promoted follow-up may be a step toward more effective treatment for childhood constipation. ..
- Petersen J, Ebbesen F, Hollegaard M, Andersson S, Hougaard D, Thorlacius Ussing O, et al. UGT1A1*28 Genotypes and Respiratory Disease in Very Preterm Infants: A Cohort Study. Neonatology. 2016;109:124-9 pubmed publisher..Bilirubin is both a potent neurotoxin and antioxidant, and may have a clinical impact on preterm respiratory disease. The Gilbert genotype, the UGT1A1*28 allele, is the major known genetic cause of variation in bilirubin...
- Skipper M, Musaeus P, NÃ¸hr S. The paediatric change laboratory: optimising postgraduate learning in the outpatient clinic. BMC Med Educ. 2016;16:42 pubmed publisher..To ensure long-term success, economical and organisational resources, participant buy-in and department leadership support play a major role. ..
- Poulsen H, Engberg M. Validation of psychiatric patients' statements on coercive measures. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2001;103:60-5 pubmed..The existence of a 'grey zone' between patients' and doctors' perception of coercion was confirmed. Knowledge of patients' psychopathology seems essential when considering medical, legal and ethical aspects of the use of coercion. ..
- Berntsen D, Rubin D. Flashbulb memories and posttraumatic stress reactions across the life span: age-related effects of the German occupation of Denmark during World War II. Psychol Aging. 2006;21:127-39 pubmed..The results are discussed in relation to posttraumatic stress disorder and childhood amnesia. ..
- Rosenberg T, Klie F, Garred P, Schwartz M. N965S is a common ABCA4 variant in Stargardt-related retinopathies in the Danish population. Mol Vis. 2007;13:1962-9 pubmed..The study was conducted to resolve the spectrum of ABCA4 mutations in a cohort of unrelated Danish residents with early-onset macular dystrophy...
- Tetsche M, Dethlefsen C, Pedersen L, Sorensen H, Norgaard M. The impact of comorbidity and stage on ovarian cancer mortality: a nationwide Danish cohort study. BMC Cancer. 2008;8:31 pubmed publisher..The presence of severe comorbidity was associated with an advanced stage of ovarian cancer. Mortality was higher among patients with comorbidities and the impact of comorbidity varied by stage. ..
- Ferdushy T, Kapel C, Webster P, Al Sabi M, Grønvold J. The occurrence of Angiostrongylus vasorum in terrestrial slugs from forests and parks in the Copenhagen area, Denmark. J Helminthol. 2009;83:379-83 pubmed publisher..Only third-stage larvae (L3) were recovered from the slugs, in numbers ranging from 1 to 392 per slug. Overall 82% of the infected slugs harboured fewer than 10 larvae and only 14% harboured over 100 larvae...
- Yanagisawa K, Hingstrup Larsen L, Andersen G, Drivsholm T, Cederberg A, Westergren R, et al. The FOXC2 -512C>T variant is associated with hypertriglyceridaemia and increased serum C-peptide in Danish Caucasian glucose-tolerant subjects. Diabetologia. 2003;46:1576-80 pubmed..Our data suggest that the FOXC2 -512C>T variant is not associated with Type 2 diabetes. However, among glucose-tolerant subjects the variant is associated with hypertriglyceridaemia and increased fasting serum C-peptide. ..
- Ravn Haren G, Olsen A, Tjønneland A, Dragsted L, Nexø B, Wallin H, et al. Associations between GPX1 Pro198Leu polymorphism, erythrocyte GPX activity, alcohol consumption and breast cancer risk in a prospective cohort study. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:820-5 pubmed..Results from this prospective study suggest that the GPX1 Pro198Leu-associated lowered GPX activity is associated with higher breast cancer risk among Danish women. ..
- Jensen A, Bautz A, Olesen A, Karagas M, Sørensen H, Friis S. Mortality in Danish patients with nonmelanoma skin cancer, 1978-2001. Br J Dermatol. 2008;159:419-25 pubmed publisher..We found markedly different mortality patterns among patients with BCC and those with SCC, suggesting important differences in the clinical course of these patients. ..
- Peuckmann V, Ekholm O, Rasmussen N, Groenvold M, Christiansen P, Møller S, et al. Chronic pain and other sequelae in long-term breast cancer survivors: nationwide survey in Denmark. Eur J Pain. 2009;13:478-85 pubmed publisher..To investigate self-reported chronic pain and other sequelae in a nationally representative sample of long-term breast cancer survivors (BCS)...
- Lund M, Guldbrandtsen B, Buitenhuis A, Thomsen B, Bendixen C. Detection of quantitative trait loci in Danish Holstein cattle affecting clinical mastitis, somatic cell score, udder conformation traits, and assessment of associated effects on milk yield. J Dairy Sci. 2008;91:4028-36 pubmed publisher..For Bos taurus autosome 9, the most likely model is a pleiotropic QTL affecting CM1 and CM2 at approximately 8 cM. ..
- Bager P, Arnved J, Rønborg S, Wohlfahrt J, Poulsen L, Westergaard T, et al. Trichuris suis ova therapy for allergic rhinitis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010;125:123-30.e1-3 pubmed publisher..85) or 9 other allergens. Repeated treatment with the helminth T suis induced a substantial clinical and immunologic response as evidence of infection, but had no therapeutic effect on allergic rhinitis. ..
- Maribo T, SchiÃ¸ttz Christensen B, Jensen C, Jensen L. Risks of permanent disability in low back pain patients associated with different job positions: a 5-year follow-up study. Eur Spine J. 2016;25:1211-8 pubmed publisher..The most represented focus areas were neurology, musculoskeletal and work-related areas. All five or at least four ICF components were mentioned in the results or discussions in most papers; activity was most frequently mentioned. ..
- Rasmussen K, TybjÃ¦rg Hansen A, Nordestgaard B, Frikke Schmidt R. Plasma levels of apolipoprotein E and risk of ischemic heart disease in the general population. Atherosclerosis. 2016;246:63-70 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that high plasma levels of apoE are associated with IHD in men but not in women. Triglyceride-rich lipoproteins may partly explain these associations. ..
- Raaber N, Duvald I, Riddervold I, Christensen E, Kirkegaard H. Geographic information system data from ambulances applied in the emergency department: effects on patient reception. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2016;24:39 pubmed publisher..There were no substantial disadvantages to the GIS application. ClinicalTrials.gov (NCT02188966). ..
- Munch L, Arreskov A, Sperling M, Overgaard D, Knop F, Vilsbøll T, et al. Risk stratification by endocrinologists of patients with type 2 diabetes in a Danish specialised outpatient clinic: a cross-sectional study. BMC Health Serv Res. 2016;16:124 pubmed publisher..The concordance between endocrinologists' and objective assessments was not strong. Our data suggest that clinician-support for stratification level categorisation might be needed. ..
- Petersen N, Käehne M, Christiansen L, Brock A, Hother Nielsen O, Rasmussen K. DGGE analysis of the coproporphyrinogen oxidase gene: two new mutations in DNA from Danish patients with hereditary coproporphyria. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2000;60:617-25 pubmed
- Bentzen J, Jørgensen T, Fenger M. The effect of six polymorphisms in the Apolipoprotein B gene on parameters of lipid metabolism in a Danish population. Clin Genet. 2002;61:126-34 pubmed..All polymorphisms were in close linkage disequilibrium. The population was not in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium in four of the six polymorphisms but the lack of equilibrium was restricted mainly to the 60-year olds. ..
- Cleveland Nielsen A, Nielsen E, Ersbøll A. Chronic pleuritis in Danish slaughter pig herds. Prev Vet Med. 2002;55:121-35 pubmed..Two factors protected against CP: feeding with only dry feed and practising all-in-all-out production. ..
- Vigre H, Dohoo I, Stryhn H, Busch M. Intra-unit correlations in seroconversion to Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae and Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae at different levels in Danish multi-site pig production facilities. Prev Vet Med. 2004;63:9-28 pubmed..This indicates that the transmission of Mh is more consistent within a farm, whereas the presence of Ap2 varies between batches within a farm...
- Frost L, Vestergaard P, Mosekilde L. Hyperthyroidism and risk of atrial fibrillation or flutter: a population-based study. Arch Intern Med. 2004;164:1675-8 pubmed..6; 95% CI, 1.9-3.4). Male sex, increasing age, ischemic heart disease, congestive heart failure, and heart valve disease are associated with an increased risk of atrial fibrillation or flutter in patients with hyperthyroidism. ..
- Jensen V, Jacobsen E, Bager F. Veterinary antimicrobial-usage statistics based on standardized measures of dosage. Prev Vet Med. 2004;64:201-15 pubmed..The ADD also is used in pharmaco-epidemiogical research and to assist in the interpretation of resistance-surveillance data. ..
- Garne E. Atrial and ventricular septal defects - epidemiology and spontaneous closure. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2006;19:271-6 pubmed..0001). Secundum ASD has a high rate of spontaneous closure. Perimembranous and muscular VSDs seem to be two different diseases with different epidemiology and natural history. ..
- Holm A, Pedersen S, Nexoe J, Obel N, Nielsen L, Koldkjaer O, et al. Procalcitonin versus C-reactive protein for predicting pneumonia in adults with lower respiratory tract infection in primary care. Br J Gen Pract. 2007;57:555-60 pubmed
- Madsen M, Jørgensen T, Jensen M, Juhl M, Olsen J, Andersen P, et al. Leisure time physical exercise during pregnancy and the risk of miscarriage: a study within the Danish National Birth Cohort. BJOG. 2007;114:1419-26 pubmed..The results should, however, be interpreted cautiously as potential bias arising from retrospective data collection may explain part of the association. ..
- Hansen V, Rosenquist H, Baggesen D, Brown S, Christensen B. Characterization of Campylobacter phages including analysis of host range by selected Campylobacter Penner serotypes. BMC Microbiol. 2007;7:90 pubmed..This study provides the basis for future experiments in Campylobacter phages and knowledge for the selection of Campylobacter phages for biocontrol in broilers. ..
- Jeppesen J, Hansen T, Olsen M, Rasmussen S, Ibsen H, Torp Pedersen C, et al. C-reactive protein, insulin resistance and risk of cardiovascular disease: a population-based study. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2008;15:594-8 pubmed publisher..11 (1.02-1.21; P<0.05) per standard deviation increase in HOMA-IR level. In a general Danish population free of major CVD at baseline, both CRP and IR were significantly related to risk of CVD. ..
- Andrejak C, Thomsen V, Johansen I, Riis A, Benfield T, Duhaut P, et al. Nontuberculous pulmonary mycobacteriosis in Denmark: incidence and prognostic factors. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010;181:514-21 pubmed publisher..Patients with NTM colonization and disease have similarly poor prognosis. Negative prognostic factors include high levels of comorbidity, advanced age, male sex, and M. xenopi. ..
- Troelsen L, Garred P, Jacobsen S. Mortality and predictors of mortality in rheumatoid arthritis--a role for mannose-binding lectin?. J Rheumatol. 2010;37:536-43 pubmed publisher..In our cohort, states of high MBL production and several previously reported factors contributed significantly to this increased risk of overall death and cardiovascular death. ..
- NexÃ¸ M, Watt T, Cleal B, HegedÃ¼s L, Bonnema S, Rasmussen Ã, et al. Exploring the experiences of people with hypo- and hyperthyroidism. Qual Health Res. 2015;25:945-53 pubmed publisher..We discuss the findings in the context of the recent literature on chronic illness and argue that these themes play an important role in the conceptualization and management of thyroid diseases. ..
- Borhani Khomani K, Talman M, Kroman N, Tvedskov T. Risk of Local Recurrence of Benign and Borderline Phyllodes Tumors: A Danish Population-Based Retrospective Study. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:1543-8 pubmed publisher..No apparent pattern of progression in histological grading was found. The results do not justify wide excision margins of nonmalignant phyllodes tumors of the breast. ..
- Bank S, Jensen A, Nielsen H, Kristensen L, Voldstedlund M, Prag J. Fusobacterium necrophorum findings in Denmark from 2010 to 2014 using data from the Danish microbiology database. APMIS. 2016;124:1087-1092 pubmed publisher..The incidence of F. necrophorum bacteraemia found was comparable to earlier reported figures for Lemierre's syndrome. Fusobacterium bacteraemia should always be identified to species level. ..
- Nielsen S, Roensholt L, Bitsch V. Bovine virus diarrhea virus in free-living deer from Denmark. J Wildl Dis. 2000;36:584-7 pubmed..Hence, the possibility of free-living deer as a source of infection for cattle in Denmark seems to be remote. ..
- Heuer O, Pedersen K, Jensen L, Madsen M, Olsen J. Persistence of vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE) in broiler houses after the avoparcin ban. Microb Drug Resist. 2002;8:355-61 pubmed..Thus, the extensive occurrence of VRE in broiler flocks after the avoparcin ban may be explained by persistence of VRE in the broiler house environment. ..
- Hansen K, Minousis M, Ebbesen F. Weekly oral vitamin K prophylaxis in Denmark. Acta Paediatr. 2003;92:802-5 pubmed..Weekly oral vitamin K supplementation during the first 3 mo of life was an efficient prophylaxis against VKBD. Parental compliance with the regimen was good. ..
- Franzyk H, Olsen C, Jensen S. Dopaol 2-keto- and 2,3-diketoglycosides from Chelone obliqua. J Nat Prod. 2004;67:1052-4 pubmed..Glycosides with a diketosugar have not so far been isolated from natural sources. ..
- Boldsen J. Leprosy and mortality in the Medieval Danish village of Tirup. Am J Phys Anthropol. 2005;126:159-68 pubmed..The association between lambda and dental enamel hypoplasia indicates a relationship between stress in early childhood (ages 1-6 years) and subsequent development of signs of leprosy...
- Obel C, Hedegaard M, Henriksen T, Secher N, Olsen J, Levine S. Stress and salivary cortisol during pregnancy. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2005;30:647-56 pubmed..In conclusion, we found differences in the associations between chronic stress in early and late pregnancy and cortisol levels indicating that the response to chronic stress is dependent on the stage of the pregnancy. ..
- Nielsen E, Lauritsen K, Friis N, Enøe C, Hagedorn Olsen T, Jungersen G. Use of a novel serum ELISA method and the tonsil-carrier state for evaluation of Mycoplasma hyosynoviae distributions in pig herds with or without clinical arthritis. Vet Microbiol. 2005;111:41-50 pubmed..Thus, clinical arthritis due to M. hyosynoviae is probably triggered by other host or herd factors than low levels of serum antibodies or by differences in virulence factors between M. hyosynoviae strains...
- Hjortshøj T, Grønskov K, Rosenberg T, Brøndum Nielsen K, Olsen J. Risk for cancer in patients with Bardet-Biedl syndrome and their relatives. Am J Med Genet A. 2007;143A:1699-702 pubmed..Among the relatives, 30 cancers were observed, with 45.2 expected. No renal cancers were observed in the two groups. These data do not support the suggested increased risk for renal cancer in relatives of patients with BBS. ..
- Nykjaer K, Grønbaek H, Nielsen D, Christiansen P, Astrup L. Description of patients with midgut carcinoid tumours: clinical database from a Danish centre. In Vivo. 2007;21:679-84 pubmed..We have initiated a clinical database of patients with neuroendocrine tumours (n = 132). Data on patients with well-differentiated endocrine carcinoma (WHO classification) previous classified as midgut carcinoid patients, are presented...
- Hvas L, Gannik D. Discourses on menopause--Part II: How do women talk about menopause?. Health (London). 2008;12:177-92 pubmed publisher..The medical way of perceiving menopause is just one of many, and doctors must be aware that there are other different and partially contradicting discourses at play in society and in the women's universes. ..
- Thyssen J, Linneberg A, Menne T, Nielsen N, Johansen J. The prevalence and morbidity of sensitization to fragrance mix I in the general population. Br J Dermatol. 2009;161:95-101 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of sensitization to fragrance mix (FM) I and Myroxylon pereirae (MP, balsam of Peru) has decreased in recent years among Danish women with dermatitis...
- Ehlers L, Overvad K, Sørensen J, Christensen S, Bech M, Kjølby M. Analysis of cost effectiveness of screening Danish men aged 65 for abdominal aortic aneurysm. BMJ. 2009;338:b2243 pubmed publisher..Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm does not seem to be cost effective. Further research is needed on long term quality of life outcomes and costs. ..
- Lindhardt C, Rubak S, Mogensen O, Hansen H, Goldstein H, Lamont R, et al. Healthcare professionals experience with motivational interviewing in their encounter with obese pregnant women. Midwifery. 2015;31:678-84 pubmed publisher..Overall, lack of time restricted the use of the motivational interviewing method on a daily basis. ..
- Gunnarsson B, Jensen N, GarÃ°i T, HarÃ°ardÃ³ttir H, StefÃ¡nsdÃ³ttir L, HeimisdÃ³ttir M. Air ambulance and hospital services for critically ill and injured in Greenland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands: how can we improve?. Int J Circumpolar Health. 2015;74:25697 pubmed publisher..Of equal importance is the intention to highlight the need for increased regional co-operation to optimize use of limited resources in the provision of health care services. ..
- Blome C, Costanzo A, Dauden E, Ferrandiz C, Girolomoni G, Gniadecki R, et al. Patient-relevant needs and treatment goals in nail psoriasis. Qual Life Res. 2016;25:1179-88 pubmed publisher..Goal importance is a construct different from disease-specific quality of life and should be assessed separately. The new questionnaire can support goal setting in clinical practice. ..
- Brouwers C, Christensen S, Damen N, Denollet J, Torp Pedersen C, Gislason G, et al. Antidepressant use and risk for mortality in 121,252 heart failure patients with or without a diagnosis of clinical depression. Int J Cardiol. 2016;203:867-73 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the importance of further examining the antidepressant prescription pattern in patients with HF, as this may be crucial in understanding the antidepressant effects on cardiac function and mortality. ..
- Egeberg A, Thyssen J, Gislason G, Skov L. Prognosis after Hospitalization for Erythroderma. Acta Derm Venereol. 2016;96:959-962 pubmed publisher..83 (0.90-3.73) for EP, and 1.28 (1.01-1.63) for EE. The risk was significantly lower in EP (0.38 (0.16-0.91)) and in EE (0.50 (0.36-0.71)), compared with TEN. Mortality in EP and EE is high, and close follow-up is advised. ..
- Kessing L, Gerds T, Knudsen N, Jørgensen L, Kristiansen S, Voutchkova D, et al. Association of Lithium in Drinking Water With the Incidence of Dementia. JAMA Psychiatry. 2017;74:1005-1010 pubmed publisher..Additional preliminary studies suggest that subtherapeutic levels, including microlevels of lithium, may influence human cognition...
- Bruun J, Ersbøll A, Alban L. Risk factors for metritis in Danish dairy cows. Prev Vet Med. 2002;54:179-90 pubmed..The cow had been treated for dystocia, retained placenta, and at least one other reproductive disease, but not for ketosis. ..
- Overgaard J, Hansen H, Specht L, Overgaard M, Grau C, Andersen E, et al. Five compared with six fractions per week of conventional radiotherapy of squamous-cell carcinoma of head and neck: DAHANCA 6 and 7 randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2003;362:933-40 pubmed..The shortening of overall treatment time by increase of the weekly number of fractions is beneficial in patients with head and neck cancer. The six-fractions-weekly regimen has become the standard treatment in Denmark. ..
- Østergaard S, Hansen M, Loeschcke V, Nielsen E. Long-term temporal changes of genetic composition in brown trout (Salmo trutta L.) populations inhabiting an unstable environment. Mol Ecol. 2003;12:3123-35 pubmed..We suggest that Bornholm trout represent a metapopulation where the genetic structure primarily reflects strong drift and gene flow, combined with occasional extinction-recolonization events. ..
- Grønbaek H, Flyvbjerg A, Mellemkjaer L, Tjønneland A, Christensen J, Sørensen H, et al. Serum insulin-like growth factors, insulin-like growth factor binding proteins, and breast cancer risk in postmenopausal women. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2004;13:1759-64 pubmed..Serum IGFBP-3 and IGF-II levels were positively associated with ER-positive breast cancer risk. This may suggest an important relationship among IGFs, IGFBPs, the ER system, and breast cancer development in postmenopausal women. ..
- Tetsche M, Nørgaard M, Pedersen L, Lash T, Sørensen H. Prognosis of ovarian cancer subsequent to venous thromboembolism: a nationwide Danish cohort study. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:189 pubmed..7 (95% CI = 1.2-2.5) and 1.2 (95% CI = 0.8-1.7), respectively. Ovarian cancer diagnosed less than four months before VTE is associated with an advanced stage and a poorer prognosis. ..
- Baad Hansen L, Jadidi F, Castrillon E, Thomsen P, Svensson P. Effect of a nociceptive trigeminal inhibitory splint on electromyographic activity in jaw closing muscles during sleep. J Oral Rehabil. 2007;34:105-11 pubmed..However, the EMG-activity was not directly related to clinical outcome. Further studies will be needed to determine long-term effects and possible side effects of the NTI splint. ..
- Kornblit B, Hagve T, Taaning P, Birgens H. Phenotypic presentation and underlying mutations in carriers of beta-thalassaemia and alpha-thalassaemia in the Danish immigrant population. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2007;67:97-104 pubmed..Since the racial heterogeneity of the immigrant population in non-endemic regions creates a scenario with a broad spectrum of mutations and haemoglobinopathy, laboratories should be equipped to detect a large variety of mutations. ..
- Gaïni S, Koldkjaer O, Møller H, Pedersen C, Pedersen S. A comparison of high-mobility group-box 1 protein, lipopolysaccharide-binding protein and procalcitonin in severe community-acquired infections and bacteraemia: a prospective study. Crit Care. 2007;11:R76 pubmed..PCT performed best as a diagnostic test marker for bacteraemia. ..
- Christensen L, Jensen M. Biomass and content of ginsenosides and polyacetylenes in American ginseng roots can be increased without affecting the profile of bioactive compounds. J Nat Med. 2009;63:159-68 pubmed publisher..Ginsenoside Rb(1) and falcarinol were found to be important selection parameters for identifying superior genotypes with the highest content of bioactive compounds. ..
- Sparsø T, Bonnefond A, Andersson E, Bouatia Naji N, Holmkvist J, Wegner L, et al. G-allele of intronic rs10830963 in MTNR1B confers increased risk of impaired fasting glycemia and type 2 diabetes through an impaired glucose-stimulated insulin release: studies involving 19,605 Europeans. Diabetes. 2009;58:1450-6 pubmed publisher..017). The G-allele of MTNR1B rs10830963 increases risk of type 2 diabetes through a state of i-IFG and not through i-IGT. The same allele associates with estimates of beta-cell dysfunction and hepatic insulin resistance. ..
- Mortensen K, Thuesen L, Kristensen I, Christiansen E. Spontaneous coronary artery dissection: a Western Denmark Heart Registry study. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2009;74:710-7 pubmed publisher..SCAD is a rare disease that mainly affects younger women. Compared with earlier reports, the prognosis seems to be improved by early diagnosis and interventional treatment. ..
- Danielsen S, Lübeck M. Universally Primed-PCR indicates geographical variation of Peronospora farinosa ex. Chenopodium quinoa. J Basic Microbiol. 2010;50:104-9 pubmed publisher..A combined analysis of markers separated the Danish and Andean isolates in two distinct clusters. This study raises new questions about the origin and spread of P. farinosa on quinoa, its geographic diversity and host specificity. ..
- Thorsen S, Madsen I, Flyvholm M, Hasle P. Associations between the workplace-effort in psychosocial risk management and the employee-rating of the psychosocial work environment - a multilevel study of 7565 employees in 1013 workplaces. Scand J Public Health. 2017;45:463-467 pubmed publisher..However, future studies are needed to establish the causality of the associations. ..
- Faber M, Frederiksen K, Jensen A, Aarslev P, Kjaer S. Time trends in the incidence of hysterectomy-corrected overall, type 1 and type 2 endometrial cancer in Denmark 1978-2014. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:359-367 pubmed publisher..42; 95% CI: 5.72; 7.12). Over a period of more than 35 years, the incidence of type 1 endometrial cancer decreased, mainly in pre- and perimenopausal women, while type 2 endometrial cancer incidence increased. ..
- Vestergaard M, Basso O, Henriksen T, Østergaard J, Olsen J. Risk factors for febrile convulsions. Epidemiology. 2002;13:282-7 pubmed
- Ventegodt S, Merrick J, Anderson N. Quality of life as medicine: a pilot study of patients with chronic illness and pain. ScientificWorldJournal. 2003;3:520-32 pubmed..It is not known if these changes will be permanent and if all kinds of patients with different health problems will gain from this cure. Further research should be conducted. ..
- Deutch S, Labouriau R, Schønheyeder H, Ostergaard L, Nørgård B, Sørensen H. Crowding as a risk factor of meningococcal disease in Danish preschool children: a nationwide population-based case-control study. Scand J Infect Dis. 2004;36:20-3 pubmed..The adjusted OR for MD was 1.5 (95% CI: 1.1-1.9) for infants, and 1.5 (95% CI: 1.1-2.0) for children older than 1 y. Household density appears to be a risk factor of MD in preschool children. ..
- Agerholm J, Arnbjerg J, Andersen O. Familial chondrodysplasia in Holstein calves. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2004;16:293-8 pubmed..Further studies are needed to determine the mode of inheritance. ..
- Kjaergaard A, Ellervik C, Tybjaerg Hansen A, Axelsson C, Grønholdt M, Grande P, et al. Estrogen receptor alpha polymorphism and risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer, and hip fracture: cross-sectional, cohort, and case-control studies and a meta-analysis. Circulation. 2007;115:861-71 pubmed..12) and 1.08 (95% CI, 0.97 to 1.21). ESR1 IVS1-397T/C polymorphism does not influence high-density lipoprotein cholesterol response to hormone replacement therapy or risk of CVD, most cancers of reproductive organs, or hip fracture. ..
- Vestergaard P, Rejnmark L, Mosekilde L. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and other antidepressants and risk of fracture. Calcif Tissue Int. 2008;82:92-101 pubmed publisher..While selective serotonin receptor uptake inhibitors were associated with an increased fracture risk, tricyclic antidepressants and the group of other antidepressants were not systematically associated with fracture risk. ..