Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dendrites in Japan
- Yamada R, Matsuki N, Ikegaya Y. Soluble guanylyl cyclase inhibitor prevents Sema3F-induced collapse of axonal and dendritic growth cones of dentate granule cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:796-8 pubmed..Thus, unlike cAMP, cGMP modulates axonal and dendritic extension in a similar manner. ..
- Asaki C, Usuda N, Nakazawa A, Kametani K, Suzuki T. Localization of translational components at the ultramicroscopic level at postsynaptic sites of the rat brain. Brain Res. 2003;972:168-76 pubmed..The results also suggest the presence of ER-associated type of translational machinery at the postsynaptic sites. ..
- Mitsui S, Yamaguchi N, Osako Y, Yuri K. Enzymatic properties and localization of motopsin (PRSS12), a protease whose absence causes mental retardation. Brain Res. 2007;1136:1-12 pubmed
- Kamata A, Sakagami H, Tokumitsu H, Owada Y, Fukunaga K, Kondo H. Spatiotemporal expression of four isoforms of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase I in brain and its possible roles in hippocampal dendritic growth. Neurosci Res. 2007;57:86-97 pubmed
- Fukudome Y, Tabata T, Miyoshi T, Haruki S, Araishi K, Sawada S, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-I as a promoting factor for cerebellar Purkinje cell development. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:2006-16 pubmed..These findings suggest that IGF-I serves as a promoting factor for PC development, particularly postnatal survival and dendritic growth. ..
- Sato F, Nakamura Y, Shinoda Y. Serial electron microscopic reconstruction of axon terminals on physiologically identified thalamocortical neurons in the cat ventral lateral nucleus. J Comp Neurol. 1997;388:613-31 pubmed..These results suggest that terminals originating from different sources may preferentially contact specific regions of TCNs in the VL, and their topographical locations reflect the electrophysiological response properties of the TCNs. ..
- Kozuka T, Chaya T, Tamalu F, Shimada M, Fujimaki Aoba K, Kuwahara R, et al. The TRPM1 Channel Is Required for Development of the Rod ON Bipolar Cell-AII Amacrine Cell Pathway in the Retinal Circuit. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9889-9900 pubmed publisher..This study advances our understanding of neurotransmission-mediated retinal circuit refinement. ..
- Togashi H, Abe K, Mizoguchi A, Takaoka K, Chisaka O, Takeichi M. Cadherin regulates dendritic spine morphogenesis. Neuron. 2002;35:77-89 pubmed..These findings suggest that cadherin regulates dendritic spine morphogenesis and related synaptic functions, presumably cooperating with cadherin-independent adhesive mechanisms to maintain spine-axon contacts. ..
- Naito R, Tohda C. Characterization of anti-neurodegenerative effects of Polygala tenuifolia in Abeta(25-35)-treated cortical neurons. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:1892-6 pubmed..By characterization of PT effects on neuronal morphological plasticity and cell damage, usefulness as well as an insufficiency of PT as an anti-dementia drug was clarified...
- Yoshihara S, Takahashi H, Nishimura N, Naritsuka H, Shirao T, Hirai H, et al. 5T4 glycoprotein regulates the sensory input-dependent development of a specific subtype of newborn interneurons in the mouse olfactory bulb. J Neurosci. 2012;32:2217-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results demonstrate that 5T4 glycoprotein contributes in the regulation of activity-dependent dendritic development of interneurons and the formation of functional neural circuitry in the OB. ..
- Hasegawa E, Kitada Y, Kaido M, Takayama R, Awasaki T, Tabata T, et al. Concentric zones, cell migration and neuronal circuits in the Drosophila visual center. Development. 2011;138:983-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, genes that show the concentric zones may form a genetic hierarchy to establish neuronal circuits in the medulla. ..
- Yoshihara Y, Mori K. Telencephalin: a neuronal area code molecule?. Neurosci Res. 1994;21:119-24 pubmed..We discuss the possibility that TLN is an area code-like address signal that is displayed selectively by telencephalic neurons and is decoded by specific subsets of growing axons to make proper synaptic connections. ..
- Akiyama K, Ishikawa M, Saito A. mRNA expression of activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein (arc) in the amygdala-kindled rats. Brain Res. 2008;1189:236-46 pubmed..These results support that arc serves as an effector IEG whose mRNA is associated with synaptic reorganization in kindling. ..
- Ishida A, Shimazaki K, Terashima T, Kawai N. An electrophysiological and immunohistochemical study of the hippocampus of the reeler mutant mouse. Brain Res. 1994;662:60-8 pubmed
- Sakaguchi Nakashima A, Meir J, Jin Y, Matsumoto K, Hisamoto N. LRK-1, a C. elegans PARK8-related kinase, regulates axonal-dendritic polarity of SV proteins. Curr Biol. 2007;17:592-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the LRK-1 protein kinase determines polarized sorting of SV proteins to the axons by excluding SV proteins from the dendrite-specific transport machinery in the Golgi. ..
- Saito N, Okada Y, Noda Y, Kinoshita Y, Kondo S, Hirokawa N. KIFC2 is a novel neuron-specific C-terminal type kinesin superfamily motor for dendritic transport of multivesicular body-like organelles. Neuron. 1997;18:425-38 pubmed
- Namba T, Kibe Y, Funahashi Y, Nakamuta S, Takano T, Ueno T, et al. Pioneering axons regulate neuronal polarization in the developing cerebral cortex. Neuron. 2014;81:814-29 pubmed publisher..These results show that the TAG-1-mediated cell-to-cell interaction between the unpolarized multipolar cells and the pioneering axons regulates the polarization of multipolar cells partly through Lyn kinase and Rac1. ..
- Mikami Y, Yoshida T, Matsuda N, Mishina M. Expression of zebrafish glutamate receptor delta2 in neurons with cerebellum-like wiring. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;322:168-76 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of zebrafish GluRdelta2 is selective for cerebellum-like neural wiring with large numbers of parallel fiber inputs. ..
- Inaba Y, Tian Q, Okano A, Zhang J, Sakagami H, Miyazawa S, et al. Brain-specific potential guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Arf, synArfGEF (Po), is localized to postsynaptic density. J Neurochem. 2004;89:1347-57 pubmed..Thus, both the mRNA and the protein were localized in the postsynaptic compartments. These results suggest a postsynaptic role of synArfGEF in the brain. ..
- Sakagami H, Matsuya S, Nishimura H, Suzuki R, Kondo H. Somatodendritic localization of the mRNA for EFA6A, a guanine nucleotide exchange protein for ARF6, in rat hippocampus and its involvement in dendritic formation. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;19:863-70 pubmed..The present findings suggest that EFA6A is intimately involved in the regulation of the dendritic development of hippocampal neurons. ..
- Hakuba N, Koga K, Shudou M, Watanabe F, Mitani A, Gyo K. Hearing loss and glutamate efflux in the perilymph following transient hindbrain ischemia in gerbils. J Comp Neurol. 2000;418:217-26 pubmed
- Nakao N, Yokote H, Nakai K, Itakura T. Promotion of survival and regeneration of nigral dopamine neurons in a rat model of Parkinson's disease after implantation of embryonal carcinoma-derived neurons genetically engineered to produce glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor. J Neurosurg. 2000;92:659-70 pubmed..In the present study, the authors genetically engineered P19 cells to produce glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), and grafted the cells in a rat model that had been rendered parkinsonian...
- Shima Y, Kengaku M, Hirano T, Takeichi M, Uemura T. Regulation of dendritic maintenance and growth by a mammalian 7-pass transmembrane cadherin. Dev Cell. 2004;7:205-16 pubmed..Based on these findings, we discuss how Celsr2 may regulate dendritic maintenance and growth. ..
- Kikuchi K, Shiota J, Yamada T, Ishikawa M, Ihara D, Fukuchi M, et al. Rho signaling inhibitor, CCG-1423, inhibits axonal elongation and dendritic complexity of rat cortical neurons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;492:474-479 pubmed publisher..This study provides a better understanding of the effects of CCG-1423 on neurons, which may be useful for the assessment of the potential clinical application of CCG-1423 and its derivatives. ..
- Matsubara D, Horiuchi S, Shimono K, Usui T, Uemura T. The seven-pass transmembrane cadherin Flamingo controls dendritic self-avoidance via its binding to a LIM domain protein, Espinas, in Drosophila sensory neurons. Genes Dev. 2011;25:1982-96 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these and other results, we propose that the Fmi-Esn complex, together with the PCP regulators and the Tricornered (Trc) signaling pathway, executes the repulsive interaction between isoneuronal dendritic branches. ..
- Mitsui S, Osako Y, Yokoi F, Dang M, Yuri K, Li Y, et al. A mental retardation gene, motopsin/neurotrypsin/prss12, modulates hippocampal function and social interaction. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;30:2368-78 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that an extracellular protease, motopsin, preferentially affects social behaviors, and modulates the functions of hippocampal neurons. ..
- Shiota J, Ishikawa M, Sakagami H, Tsuda M, Baraban J, Tabuchi A. Developmental expression of the SRF co-activator MAL in brain: role in regulating dendritic morphology. J Neurochem. 2006;98:1778-88 pubmed..Taken together, these findings indicate that the MAL-SRF signaling pathway plays a key role in regulating dendritic morphology. ..
- Kose A, Ito A, Saito N, Tanaka C. Electron microscopic localization of gamma- and beta II-subspecies of protein kinase C in rat hippocampus. Brain Res. 1990;518:209-17 pubmed..gamma-PKC may have a specific function not only in CA1 but also in the mossy fiber-CA3 pathway at the postsynaptic side. beta II-PKC may have another function concerning the Golgi complex in CA1. ..
- Harada A, Teng J, Takei Y, Oguchi K, Hirokawa N. MAP2 is required for dendrite elongation, PKA anchoring in dendrites, and proper PKA signal transduction. J Cell Biol. 2002;158:541-9 pubmed..Therefore, MAP2 is an anchoring protein of PKA in dendrites, whose loss leads to reduced amount of dendritic and total PKA and reduced activation of CREB. ..
- Tamaru Y, Nomura S, Mizuno N, Shigemoto R. Distribution of metabotropic glutamate receptor mGluR3 in the mouse CNS: differential location relative to pre- and postsynaptic sites. Neuroscience. 2001;106:481-503 pubmed..The present results indicate that the localization of mGluR3 is rather similar to that of group I mGluRs in the postsynaptic elements, suggesting a unique functional role of mGluR3 in glutamatergic neurotransmission in the CNS. ..
- Yang Q, Hashizume Y, Yoshida M, Wang Y, Goto Y, Mitsuma N, et al. Morphological Purkinje cell changes in spinocerebellar ataxia type 6. Acta Neuropathol. 2000;100:371-6 pubmed
- Takakura N, Yoshida H, Ogura Y, Kataoka H, Nishikawa S. PDGFR alpha expression during mouse embryogenesis: immunolocalization analyzed by whole-mount immunohistostaining using the monoclonal anti-mouse PDGFR alpha antibody APA5. J Histochem Cytochem. 1997;45:883-93 pubmed..Our results with whole-mount immunostaining show that PDGFR alpha is abundantly expressed and may play important roles during embryogenesis. ..
- Takagishi Y, Oda S, Hayasaka S, Dekker Ohno K, Shikata T, Inouye M, et al. The dilute-lethal (dl) gene attacks a Ca2+ store in the dendritic spine of Purkinje cells in mice. Neurosci Lett. 1996;215:169-72 pubmed
- Takahashi S, Yamamoto H, Matsuda Z, Ogawa M, Yagyu K, Taniguchi T, et al. Identification of two highly homologous presynaptic proteins distinctly localized at the dendritic and somatic synapses. FEBS Lett. 1995;368:455-60 pubmed..Immuno-electron microscopic study revealed that both 921 proteins are localized at the presynaptic terminal, indicating that the 921 proteins are differentially expressed at the dendritic and somatic presynapses. ..