Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cytosol in Germany
Publications269 found, 100 shown here
- Klunker D, Haas B, Hirtreiter A, Figueiredo L, Naylor D, Pfeifer G, et al. Coexistence of group I and group II chaperonins in the archaeon Methanosarcina mazei. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:33256-67 pubmed
- Hartmann T, Hönicke P, Wirtz M, Hell R, Rennenberg H, Kopriva S. Regulation of sulphate assimilation by glutathione in poplars (Populus tremula x P. alba) of wild type and overexpressing gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase in the cytosol. J Exp Bot. 2004;55:837-45 pubmed..However, OAS measurements revealed that OAS cannot be the only signal responsible for the lack of feedback regulation of APR by GSH in the transgenic poplars. ..
- Jank T, Giesemann T, Aktories K. Rho-glucosylating Clostridium difficile toxins A and B: new insights into structure and function. Glycobiology. 2007;17:15R-22R pubmed..These studies, which provide new insights into structure, uptake, and function of the family of clostridial glucosylating toxins, are reviewed. ..
- Choi Y, Cowan D, Wahlers T, Hetzer R, del Nido P, Stamm C. Calcium sensitisation impairs diastolic relaxation in post-ischaemic myocardium: implications for the use of Ca(2+) sensitising inotropes after cardiac surgery. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2010;37:376-83 pubmed publisher..However, Ca(2+) sensitisers should be used with caution during post-ischaemic reperfusion, as they may exacerbate myocardial stunning and thus impair cardiac output. ..
- ..The importance of Fe-S proteins for life is documented by an increasing number of diseases linked to these components and their biogenesis. ..
- Dmochewitz L, Lillich M, Kaiser E, Jennings L, Lang A, Buchner J, et al. Role of CypA and Hsp90 in membrane translocation mediated by anthrax protective antigen. Cell Microbiol. 2011;13:359-73 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, cyclophilin A and Hsp90 facilitate translocation of LF(N)DTA, but not of LF, across endosomal membranes, and thus they function selectively in promoting translocation of certain proteins, but not of others. ..
- Dumke R, Hausner M, Jacobs E. Role of Mycoplasma pneumoniae glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) in mediating interactions with the human extracellular matrix. Microbiology. 2011;157:2328-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, the surface-exposed fraction of GAPDH may be a factor that contributes to the successful colonization of the human respiratory tract by M. pneumoniae...
- Whiteley L, Meffert T, Haug M, Weidenmaier C, Hopf V, Bitschar K, et al. Entry, Intracellular Survival, and Multinucleated-Giant-Cell-Forming Activity of Burkholderia pseudomallei in Human Primary Phagocytic and Nonphagocytic Cells. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..In summary, the ability of the bacteria to enter and survive as well as induce MNGC formation in certain host cells may contribute to the pathogenesis observed in B. pseudomallei infection. ..
- Adamíková L, Straube A, Schulz I, Steinberg G. Calcium signaling is involved in dynein-dependent microtubule organization. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1969-80 pubmed..This indicates a connection between calcium signaling, dynein, and microtubule organization in morphogenesis of U. maydis. ..
- Lay D, L Grosshans B, Heid H, Gorgas K, Just W. Binding and functions of ADP-ribosylation factor on mammalian and yeast peroxisomes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34489-99 pubmed..ScARF1 regulated this process in a positive manner, and ScARF3 regulated it in a negative manner. ..
- von Braun S, Sabetti A, Hanic Joyce P, Gu J, Schleiff E, Joyce P. Dual targeting of the tRNA nucleotidyltransferase in plants: not just the signal. J Exp Bot. 2007;58:4083-93 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that regulation of dual localization involves not only specific N-terminal signals, but also additional factors within the protein or the cell. ..
- Nordhues A, Miller S, Mühlhaus T, Schroda M. New insights into the roles of molecular chaperones in Chlamydomonas and Volvox. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol. 2010;285:75-113 pubmed publisher..The aim of this chapter is to describe recent advances toward understanding molecular chaperone biology in Chlamydomonas and Volvox...
- Wörner M, Melchior K, Monostory K, Pascussi J, Huber C, Bernhardt R. The effects of rosuvastatin and the CYP51A1 inhibitor LEK-935 on the proteome of primary human hepatocytes. Drug Metab Dispos. 2012;40:414-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, new information and a deeper insight into the processes taking place inside cells treated with cholesterol-lowering agents can be drawn from this study. ..
- Seebacher T, Beitz E, Kumagami H, Wild K, Ruppersberg J, Schultz J. Expression of membrane-bound and cytosolic guanylyl cyclases in the rat inner ear. Hear Res. 1999;127:95-102 pubmed
- Breyer Pfaff U, Martin H, Ernst M, Maser E. Enantioselectivity of carbonyl reduction of 4-methylnitrosamino-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone by tissue fractions from human and rat and by enzymes isolated from human liver. Drug Metab Dispos. 2004;32:915-22 pubmed..Rat liver and lung microsomes produced NNAL with about 33% and 55% (R)-enantiomer and a mean contribution of 11beta-HSD1 of 12% and 32%, respectively. Multiple enzymes seem to participate in NNK reduction in human and rat tissues. ..
- Bödding M, Wissenbach U, Flockerzi V. The recombinant human TRPV6 channel functions as Ca2+ sensor in human embryonic kidney and rat basophilic leukemia cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36656-64 pubmed..In conclusion, TRPV6, expressed in human embryonic kidney cells and in rat basophilic leukemia cells, functions as a Ca(2+)-sensing Ca(2+) channel independently of procedures known to deplete Ca(2+) stores. ..
- Bergmann F, Keller B. Impact of mitochondrial inhibition on excitability and cytosolic Ca2+ levels in brainstem motoneurones from mouse. J Physiol. 2004;555:45-59 pubmed
- Hampel D, Mosandl A, Wüst M. Biosynthesis of mono- and sesquiterpenes in carrot roots and leaves (Daucus carota L.): metabolic cross talk of cytosolic mevalonate and plastidial methylerythritol phosphate pathways. Phytochemistry. 2005;66:305-11 pubmed..Nevertheless, in xylem a de novo-biosynthesis of terpenes was detectable as well, even in the absence of oil ducts in this tissue. ..
- Schuberth C, Buchberger A. Membrane-bound Ubx2 recruits Cdc48 to ubiquitin ligases and their substrates to ensure efficient ER-associated protein degradation. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:999-1006 pubmed..Lack of Ubx2 causes defects in ERAD that are exacerbated under stress conditions. These findings are consistent with a model in which Ubx2 coordinates the assembly of a highly efficient ERAD machinery at the ER membrane. ..
- Fettke J, Chia T, Eckermann N, Smith A, Steup M. A transglucosidase necessary for starch degradation and maltose metabolism in leaves at night acts on cytosolic heteroglycans (SHG). Plant J. 2006;46:668-84 pubmed..2.1.99). Additional starch-related mutants were characterized for further analysis of the increased glucosyl content. Based on these data, the cytosolic metabolism of starch-derived carbohydrates is discussed. ..
- Girzalsky W, Hoffmann L, Schemenewitz A, Nolte A, Kunau W, Erdmann R. Pex19p-dependent targeting of Pex17p, a peripheral component of the peroxisomal protein import machinery. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:19417-25 pubmed
- Voss M, Vitavska O, Walz B, Wieczorek H, Baumann O. Stimulus-induced phosphorylation of vacuolar H(+)-ATPase by protein kinase A. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33735-42 pubmed..These data suggest that subunit C binds to and serves as a substrate for protein kinase A and that this phosphorylation may be a regulatory switch for the formation of the active V(1)V(0) holoenzyme. ..
- Dufer M, Noack K, Edalat A, Krippeit Drews P, Drews G. Glitazones exert multiple effects on β-cell stimulus-secretion coupling. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;83:51-60 pubmed publisher..Troglitazone and pioglitazone differ in their influence on SSC. It can be assumed that the effects of pioglitazone on β-cells are negligible under in vivo conditions. ..
- Bosche B, Schafer M, Graf R, Härtel F, Schafer U, Noll T. Lithium prevents early cytosolic calcium increase and secondary injurious calcium overload in glycolytically inhibited endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:268-72 pubmed publisher..Though further research is needed, these findings provide a novel option for therapeutic strategies to protect the endothelium against imminent barrier failure...
- Flinner N, Ellenrieder L, Stiller S, Becker T, Schleiff E, Mirus O. Mdm10 is an ancient eukaryotic porin co-occurring with the ERMES complex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:3314-3325 pubmed publisher..Strikingly, the presence of Mdm10 coincides with the appearance of the other ERMES components. Mdm10's presence in both unikonts and bikonts indicates an introduction at an early time point in eukaryotic evolution. ..
- Marschall R, Schumacher J, Siegmund U, Tudzynski P. Chasing stress signals - Exposure to extracellular stimuli differentially affects the redox state of cell compartments in the wild type and signaling mutants of Botrytis cinerea. Fungal Genet Biol. 2016;90:12-22 pubmed publisher..Finally, we report that CaCl2 as well as cell wall stress-inducing agents stimulate ROS production and that ?bcnoxB produces significantly less ROS than the wild type and ?bcnoxA. ..
- SchrÃ¶der K, Weissmann N, Brandes R. Organizers and activators: Cytosolic Nox proteins impacting on vascular function. Free Radic Biol Med. 2017;109:22-32 pubmed publisher..Finally, it will be discussed whether cytosolic Nox proteins are suitable pharmacological targets to tamper with vascular ROS production. ..
- Hentze H, Schmitz I, Latta M, Krueger A, Krammer P, Wendel A. Glutathione dependence of caspase-8 activation at the death-inducing signaling complex. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5588-95 pubmed..Our data indicate that the activation of caspase-8 at the DISC and hence CD95-mediated apoptosis induction shows a cell-specific requirement for intracellular glutathione. ..
- Hu B, Petrasch Parwez E, Laue M, Kilimann M. Molecular characterization and immunohistochemical localization of palmdelphin, a cytosolic isoform of the paralemmin protein family implicated in membrane dynamics. Eur J Cell Biol. 2005;84:853-66 pubmed..These observations suggest that palmdelphin may peripherally associate with endomembranes or cytoskeleton-linked structures. ..
- Grotemeier A, Alers S, Pfisterer S, Paasch F, Daubrawa M, Dieterle A, et al. AMPK-independent induction of autophagy by cytosolic Ca2+ increase. Cell Signal. 2010;22:914-25 pubmed publisher..We suggest that apart from reported AMPK-dependent regulation of autophagic degradation, an AMPK-independent pathway triggers Ca(2+)-mediated autophagy, involving the PI(3)P-effector protein WIPI-1 and LC3...
- Andréasson C, Rampelt H, Fiaux J, Druffel Augustin S, Bukau B. The endoplasmic reticulum Grp170 acts as a nucleotide exchange factor of Hsp70 via a mechanism similar to that of the cytosolic Hsp110. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:12445-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings demonstrate that despite some differences between Hsp110 and Grp170 proteins, they use a similar mechanism to trigger nucleotide exchange. ..
- Pal S, Liput M, Piques M, Ishihara H, Obata T, Martins M, et al. Diurnal changes of polysome loading track sucrose content in the rosette of wild-type arabidopsis and the starchless pgm mutant. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1246-65 pubmed publisher..Costs are also reduced by using amino acids that accumulated in the previous light period. These results uncover a tight coordination of protein synthesis with the momentary supply of carbon. ..
- Bamberger A, Bamberger C, Wald M, Kratzmeier M, Schulte H. Protein kinase C (PKC) isoenzyme expression pattern as an indicator of proliferative activity in uterine tumor cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1996;123:81-8 pubmed..Overexpression of PKC isoforms indicates a higher proliferative capacity, and may, thus, represent an important step in the pathogenesis of certain uterine malignancies...
- Uhrigshardt H, Walden M, John H, Anemuller S. Purification and characterization of the first archaeal aconitase from the thermoacidophilic Sulfolobus acidocaldarius. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:1760-71 pubmed..acidocaldarius sequence was found to be highly homologous to either other putative archaeal or known eukaryal and bacterial sequences. As shown by EPR-spectroscopy, the enzyme hosts an interconvertible [3Fe--4S] cluster...
- Igwe E, Geginat G, Rüssmann H. Concomitant cytosolic delivery of two immunodominant listerial antigens by Salmonella enterica serovar typhimurium confers superior protection against murine listeriosis. Infect Immun. 2002;70:7114-9 pubmed..In conclusion, these findings emphasize the versatility of Salmonella type III-mediated heterologous antigen delivery for the induction of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-mediated immunity. ..
- Welss T, Sun J, Irving J, Blum R, Smith A, Whisstock J, et al. Hurpin is a selective inhibitor of lysosomal cathepsin L and protects keratinocytes from ultraviolet-induced apoptosis. Biochemistry. 2003;42:7381-9 pubmed..Given that lysosomal disruption, release of catL, and catL-mediated caspase activation are known to occur in response to cellular stress, we propose that a physiological role of hurpin is to protect epithelial cells from ectopic catL. ..
- Magg T, Schreiner D, Solis G, Bade E, Hofer H. Processing of the human protocadherin Fat1 and translocation of its cytoplasmic domain to the nucleus. Exp Cell Res. 2005;307:100-8 pubmed..In another step, the cleavage product was released to the cytosol and was also found in a low speed pellet fraction, in accordance with the nuclear localization of the cytoplasmic domain of hFat1. ..
- Becker D, Blase C, Bereiter Hahn J, Jendrach M. TRPV4 exhibits a functional role in cell-volume regulation. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2435-40 pubmed..RVD of TRPV4-transfected CHO cells was significantly reduced by Gd3+ treatment or in Ca2+-free solution. Taken together, these results show a direct participation of TRPV4 in RVD. ..
- Fettke J, Eckermann N, Tiessen A, Geigenberger P, Steup M. Identification, subcellular localization and biochemical characterization of water-soluble heteroglycans (SHG) in leaves of Arabidopsis thaliana L.: distinct SHG reside in the cytosol and in the apoplast. Plant J. 2005;43:568-85 pubmed..As revealed by in vivo labeling experiments using 14CO2 carbon fluxes into subfraction I and II differed. Furthermore, in leaves the pool size of subfraction I varied during the light-dark regime. ..
- Pohlmann L, Kröger I, Vignier N, Schlossarek S, Kramer E, Coirault C, et al. Cardiac myosin-binding protein C is required for complete relaxation in intact myocytes. Circ Res. 2007;101:928-38 pubmed..Our findings indicate that cMyBP-C functions as a restraint on myosin-actin interaction at low Ca2+ and short SL to allow complete relaxation during diastole. ..
- Phillips M, D Auria J, Gershenzon J, Pichersky E. The Arabidopsis thaliana type I Isopentenyl Diphosphate Isomerases are targeted to multiple subcellular compartments and have overlapping functions in isoprenoid biosynthesis. Plant Cell. 2008;20:677-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, each of the two Arabidopsis IPP isomerases is found in multiple but partially overlapping subcellular locations, and each can compensate for the loss of the other through partial redundancy in the cytosol. ..
- Kentner D, Sourjik V. Use of fluorescence microscopy to study intracellular signaling in bacteria. Annu Rev Microbiol. 2010;64:373-90 pubmed publisher..Moreover, microscopy enables investigation of single-cell gene expression kinetics, bringing such concepts as cell individuality and robustness against stochasticity of gene expression to the forefront of signaling studies. ..
- Drews A, Bovens S, Roebrock K, Sunderkotter C, Reinhardt D, Schäfers M, et al. 1-(5-carboxyindol-1-yl)propan-2-one inhibitors of human cytosolic phospholipase A(2)alpha with reduced lipophilicity: synthesis, biological activity, metabolic stability, solubility, bioavailability, and topical in vivo activity. J Med Chem. 2010;53:5165-78 pubmed publisher..A very high plasma clearance was observed after intravenous administration of 36 (10 mg/kg). However, in a topical murine model of contact dermatitis, 36 showed a pronounced anti-inflammatory in vivo activity. ..
- Wipfler D, Srinivasan G, Sadick H, Kniep B, Arming S, Willhauck Fleckenstein M, et al. Differentially regulated expression of 9-O-acetyl GD3 (CD60b) and 7-O-acetyl-GD3 (CD60c) during differentiation and maturation of human T and B lymphocytes. Glycobiology. 2011;21:1161-72 pubmed publisher..Our data point to regulatory functions of these anabolic and catabolic key enzymes for the expression of GD3 and its O-acetylated variants in lymphocytes at a given differentiation stage. ..
- Schneider H, Alt M, Klier M, Spiess A, Andes F, Waheed A, et al. GPI-anchored carbonic anhydrase IV displays both intra- and extracellular activity in cRNA-injected oocytes and in mouse neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:1494-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that membrane-associated CA IV contributes robust catalytic activity intracellularly, and that this activity participates in regulating H(+) dynamics in the cytosol, both in injected oocytes and in mouse neurons. ..
- Rabe A, Fromter E. Micromolar concentrations of steroids and of aldosterone antagonists inhibit the outwardly rectifying chloride channel with different kinetics. Pflugers Arch. 2000;439:559-66 pubmed..This shows that there are even further modes of channel inhibition and argues against the cytosolic Cl- channel inhibitor being a steroid. ..
- Russmann H, Igwe E, Sauer J, Hardt W, Bubert A, Geginat G. Protection against murine listeriosis by oral vaccination with recombinant Salmonella expressing hybrid Yersinia type III proteins. J Immunol. 2001;167:357-65 pubmed..This CD8 T cell response protected mice against a challenge with L. monocytogenes. In conclusion, these findings suggest that YopE is a versatile carrier molecule for type III-mediated foreign Ag delivery by Salmonella vaccine strains. ..
- Weber A, Flügge U. Interaction of cytosolic and plastidic nitrogen metabolism in plants. J Exp Bot. 2002;53:865-74 pubmed..Glucose 6-phosphate, the immediate precursor of the oxidative pentose phosphate pathway is generated in the cytosol and imported into the plastids by the plastidic glucose 6-phosphate/phosphate translocator. ..
- Reppel M, Sasse P, Piekorz R, Tang M, Roell W, Duan Y, et al. S100A1 enhances the L-type Ca2+ current in embryonic mouse and neonatal rat ventricular cardiomyocytes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:36019-28 pubmed..We conclude that the Ca2+-binding protein S100A1 augments transsarcolemmal Ca2+ influx via an increase of PKA activity in ventricular cardiomyocytes and hence represents an important regulator of cardiac function. ..
- Speidel D, Helmbold H, Deppert W. Dissection of transcriptional and non-transcriptional p53 activities in the response to genotoxic stress. Oncogene. 2006;25:940-53 pubmed..Our results demonstrate the impact and in vivo relevance of non-transcriptional mechanisms for wild-type and mutant p53-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Rambold A, Miesbauer M, Rapaport D, Bartke T, Baier M, Winklhofer K, et al. Association of Bcl-2 with misfolded prion protein is linked to the toxic potential of cytosolic PrP. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3356-68 pubmed..Our study reveals a compartment-specific toxicity of PrP misfolding that involves coaggregation of Bcl-2 and indicates a protective role of molecular chaperones. ..
- Jores T, Rapaport D. Early stages in the biogenesis of eukaryotic ?-barrel proteins. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:2671-2681 pubmed publisher..In this Review, we summarize the current knowledge about the biogenesis of ?-barrel proteins, focusing on the early stages from the translation on cytosolic ribosomes to the recognition on the surface of the organelle. ..
- Dietrich A, Dieminger W, Fuchte K, Stoll G, Schlitz E, Gerok W, et al. Functional significance of interaction of H-FABP with sulfated and nonsulfated taurine-conjugated bile salts in rat liver. J Lipid Res. 1995;36:1745-55 pubmed..In intracellular transport of taurine-conjugated bile salts, several cytosolic polypeptides may have a function, whereas, in transport of taurine-conjugated 3 alpha-sulfato bile salts, only H-FABP appears to be involved. ..
- Tomoyasu T, Mogk A, Langen H, Goloubinoff P, Bukau B. Genetic dissection of the roles of chaperones and proteases in protein folding and degradation in the Escherichia coli cytosol. Mol Microbiol. 2001;40:397-413 pubmed..At 42 degrees C, ClpXP and Lon became essential for viability of cells with low DnaK levels, indicating synergistic action of proteases and the DnaK system, which is essential for cell growth at 42 degrees C. ..
- Kalthoff C, Alves J, Urbanke C, Knorr R, Ungewickell E. Unusual structural organization of the endocytic proteins AP180 and epsin 1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:8209-16 pubmed
- Huth W, Rolle S, Wunderlich I. Turnover of matrix proteins in mammalian mitochondria. Biochem J. 2002;364:275-84 pubmed
- Rüssmann H. Inverted pathogenicity: the use of pathogen-specific molecular mechanisms for prevention or therapy of disease. Int J Med Microbiol. 2004;293:565-9 pubmed..Surprisingly, cytosolic delivery of YopE/LLO by Yersinia also results in LLO-specific CD4 T-cell priming. ..
- Quensel C, Friedrich B, Sommer T, Hartmann E, Kohler M. In vivo analysis of importin alpha proteins reveals cellular proliferation inhibition and substrate specificity. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10246-55 pubmed..Thus, importin alpha3 is the only alpha importin responsible for the classical nuclear import of RCC1 in living cells. ..
- Werner C, Godfrey V, Arnold R, Featherstone G, Bender D, Schlossmann J, et al. Neutrophil dysfunction in guanosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate-dependent protein kinase I-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2005;175:1919-29 pubmed..In summary, these results show that cGKIalpha down-regulates Ca2+ transients and chemotaxis in murine neutrophils. The regulatory influences of cGKIalpha on the secretagogue responses are complex, depending on the granule subtype. ..
- Rajalingam K, Wunder C, Brinkmann V, Churin Y, Hekman M, Sievers C, et al. Prohibitin is required for Ras-induced Raf-MEK-ERK activation and epithelial cell migration. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:837-43 pubmed..Our data show an unexpected role of prohibitin in the activation of the Ras-Raf signalling pathway and in modulating epithelial cell adhesion and migration. ..
- Krieger A, Radhakrishnan K, Pereverzev A, Siapich S, Banat M, Kamp M, et al. The molecular chaperone hsp70 interacts with the cytosolic II-III loop of the Cav2.3 E-type voltage-gated Ca2+ channel. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2006;17:97-110 pubmed..3 splice variants stimulate autophosphorylation of PKCa, leading to the suggestion that hsp70--binding to the II-III loop--may act as an adaptor for Ca2+ dependent targeting of PKC to E-type Ca2+ channels. ..
- Braun R, Zischka H, Madeo F, Eisenberg T, Wissing S, Buttner S, et al. Crucial mitochondrial impairment upon CDC48 mutation in apoptotic yeast. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:25757-67 pubmed..Concomitantly, emergence of caspase-like enzymatic activity occurs suggesting a role for caspases in the cell death process. These data strongly point for the first time to a mitochondrial involvement in Cdc48p/VCP-dependent apoptosis. ..
- Biederbick A, Stehling O, Rösser R, Niggemeyer B, Nakai Y, Elsässer H, et al. Role of human mitochondrial Nfs1 in cytosolic iron-sulfur protein biogenesis and iron regulation. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5675-87 pubmed..The results have implications for the regulation of iron homeostasis by cytosolic iron regulatory protein 1. ..
- Grauvogel C, Petersen J. Isoprenoid biosynthesis authenticates the classification of the green alga Mesostigma viride as an ancient streptophyte. Gene. 2007;396:125-33 pubmed..Our data indicate that the MVA pathway is a characteristic trait of Plantae in general and propose that it was specifically lost in a common ancestor of Chlorophyta...
- Scharte J, Schön H, Tjaden Z, Weis E, von Schaewen A. Isoenzyme replacement of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase in the cytosol improves stress tolerance in plants. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:8061-6 pubmed publisher..Because isoenzyme replacement of G6PDH in the cytosol was beneficial under various kinds of cues, we propose this strategy as a tool to enhance stress tolerance in general. ..
- Roelfsema M, Hedrich R. Making sense out of Ca(2+) signals: their role in regulating stomatal movements. Plant Cell Environ. 2010;33:305-21 pubmed publisher..Future research may shed new light on the relation between parallel acting Ca(2+)-dependent and -independent events, and may provide insights in their evolutionary origin. ..
- Blum R, Meyer K, Wünschmann J, Lendzian K, Grill E. Cytosolic action of phytochelatin synthase. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:159-69 pubmed publisher..Hence, PCS contributes specifically to the cytosolic turnover of GS conjugates, and AtPCS1 plays the prominent role. We discuss a potential function of PCS in the cytosolic turnover of GS conjugates. ..
- Wild R, Gerasimaite R, Jung J, Truffault V, Pavlovic I, Schmidt A, et al. Control of eukaryotic phosphate homeostasis by inositol polyphosphate sensor domains. Science. 2016;352:986-90 pubmed publisher..We propose that InsPs communicate cytosolic P(i) levels to SPX domains and enable them to interact with a multitude of proteins to regulate P(i) uptake, transport, and storage in fungi, plants, and animals. ..
- Arand M, Knehr M, Thomas H, Zeller H, Oesch F. An impaired peroxisomal targeting sequence leading to an unusual bicompartmental distribution of cytosolic epoxide hydrolase. FEBS Lett. 1991;294:19-22 pubmed..This slight difference appears to be sufficient to convert the signal sequence into an impaired and therefore ambivalent PTS, directing the enzyme partly to the peroxisomes and allowing part to reside in the cytosol. ..
- Bölter B, Soll J, Hill K, Hemmler R, Wagner R. A rectifying ATP-regulated solute channel in the chloroplastic outer envelope from pea. EMBO J. 1999;18:5505-16 pubmed..g. dark metabolism, leads to inward-rectifying OEP21 channels with a less pronounced anion selectivity. We conclude that solute exchange between plastids and cytosol can already be regulated at the level of the organellar outer membrane. ..
- Fettke J, Poeste S, Eckermann N, Tiessen A, Pauly M, Geigenberger P, et al. Analysis of cytosolic heteroglycans from leaves of transgenic potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) plants that under- or overexpress the Pho 2 phosphorylase isozyme. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:1987-2004 pubmed..Overexpression of Pho 2 decreased the content of both residues. Compared with the wild type, in both types of transgenic plants the size of the cytosolic glycans was increased. ..
- Dames P, Zimmermann B, Schmidt R, Rein J, Voss M, Schewe B, et al. cAMP regulates plasma membrane vacuolar-type H+-ATPase assembly and activity in blowfly salivary glands. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:3926-31 pubmed..Because these actions occur without a change in cytosolic Ca2+, our findings suggest that the cAMP pathway mediates the reversible assembly and activation of V-ATPase molecules at the apical membrane upon hormonal stimulus. ..
- Haile S, Cristodero M, Clayton C, Est vez A. The subcellular localisation of trypanosome RRP6 and its association with the exosome. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2007;151:52-8 pubmed publisher..The level of RRP6 was unaffected by depletion of core exosome subunits by RNA interference and over-expression of tagged RRP6 was possible, indicating that RRP6 can be present independent of exosome association...
- Dasari S, Kölling R. Cytosolic localization of acetohydroxyacid synthase Ilv2 and its impact on diacetyl formation during beer fermentation. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:727-31 pubmed publisher..We further show that expression of a mutant allele of the ?-subunit of the F(1)-ATPase (ATP3-5) could be an attractive way to reduce diacetyl formation by petite strains. ..
- Steinhusen U, Weiske J, Badock V, Tauber R, Bommert K, Huber O. Cleavage and shedding of E-cadherin after induction of apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:4972-80 pubmed
- Lindemann R, Braig M, Ballschmieter P, Guise T, Nordheim A, Dittmer J. Protein kinase Calpha regulates Ets1 transcriptional activity in invasive breast cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:799-805 pubmed..Using verapamil and ionomycin, we could show that PKCalpha induces Ets1 phosphorylation independent of calcium mobilization. Collectively, our data suggest that PKCalpha may regulate Ets1 activity in invasive breast cancer cells. ..
- Gerber J, Neumann K, Prohl C, Muhlenhoff U, Lill R. The yeast scaffold proteins Isu1p and Isu2p are required inside mitochondria for maturation of cytosolic Fe/S proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:4848-57 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that the Isu proteins need to be localized in mitochondria to fulfill their functional requirement in Fe/S protein maturation in the cytosol. ..
- Storch S, Pohl S, Braulke T. A dileucine motif and a cluster of acidic amino acids in the second cytoplasmic domain of the batten disease-related CLN3 protein are required for efficient lysosomal targeting. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53625-34 pubmed
- Lang P, Kempe D, Myssina S, Tanneur V, Birka C, Laufer S, et al. PGE(2) in the regulation of programmed erythrocyte death. Cell Death Differ. 2005;12:415-28 pubmed..In conclusion, hyperosmotic shock or Cl(-) removal stimulates erythrocyte PS exposure through PGE(2) formation and subsequent activation of Ca(2+)-permeable cation channels. ..
- Gigolashvili T, Yatusevich R, Rollwitz I, Humphry M, Gershenzon J, Flügge U. The plastidic bile acid transporter 5 is required for the biosynthesis of methionine-derived glucosinolates in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2009;21:1813-29 pubmed publisher..Mechanical stimuli and methyl jasmonate transiently induced BAT5 expression in inflorescences and leaves. Thus, BAT5 was identified as the first transporter component of the aliphatic glucosinolate biosynthetic pathway. ..
- Osorio S, Vallarino J, Szecowka M, Ufaz S, Tzin V, Angelovici R, et al. Alteration of the interconversion of pyruvate and malate in the plastid or cytosol of ripening tomato fruit invokes diverse consequences on sugar but similar effects on cellular organic acid, metabolism, and transitory starch accumulation. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:628-43 pubmed publisher..These results are discussed in the context of current models of the importance of malate during tomato fruit ripening...
- Smirnova J, Fernie A, Spahn C, Steup M. Photometric assay of maltose and maltose-forming enzyme activity by using 4-alpha-glucanotransferase (DPE2) from higher plants. Anal Biochem. 2017;532:72-82 pubmed publisher..These data are presented together with assimilatory starch levels. ..
- Gournier H, Stenmark H, Rybin V, Lippe R, Zerial M. Two distinct effectors of the small GTPase Rab5 cooperate in endocytic membrane fusion. EMBO J. 1998;17:1930-40 pubmed..Our results suggest that Rab5 binds to at least two distinct effectors which cooperate for optimal endocytic membrane docking and fusion. ..
- Vitale G, Rybin V, Christoforidis S, Thornqvist P, McCaffrey M, Stenmark H, et al. Distinct Rab-binding domains mediate the interaction of Rabaptin-5 with GTP-bound Rab4 and Rab5. EMBO J. 1998;17:1941-51 pubmed..Based on these results, we propose that Rabaptin-5 functions as a molecular linker between two sequentially acting GTPases to coordinate endocytic and recycling traffic. ..
- Beuers U. Effects of bile acids on hepatocellular signaling and secretion. Yale J Biol Med. 1997;70:341-6 pubmed..The present paper provides a brief overview of the effects of bile acids on three key messengers in liver cells: cytosolic free calcium, protein kinase A and protein kinase C. ..
- Kunz W, Kuznetsov A, Clark J, Tracey I, Elger C. Metabolic consequences of the cytochrome c oxidase deficiency in brain of copper-deficient Mo(vbr) mice. J Neurochem. 1999;72:1580-5 pubmed..Owing to the reserve capacity of respiratory chain enzymes, the reported changes in activities do not seem to affect whole-brain high-energy phosphates, as observed in a previous study using 31P NMR. ..
- Steinmann T, Geldner N, Grebe M, Mangold S, Jackson C, Paris S, et al. Coordinated polar localization of auxin efflux carrier PIN1 by GNOM ARF GEF. Science. 1999;286:316-8 pubmed..GNOM is a membrane-associated guanine-nucleotide exchange factor on ADP-ribosylation factor G protein (ARF GEF). Thus, GNOM-dependent vesicle trafficking may establish cell polarity, resulting in polar auxin transport. ..