Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cytoskeleton in United States
Locale: United States
Publications244 found, 100 shown here
- Fu Y, Wu G, Yang Z. Rop GTPase-dependent dynamics of tip-localized F-actin controls tip growth in pollen tubes. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:1019-32 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that the dynamics of tip actin are essential for tip growth and provide the first direct evidence to link Rho GTPase to actin organization in controlling cell polarity and polar growth in plants. ..
- Yoshida K, Kondo R, Wang Q, Doerschuk C. Neutrophil cytoskeletal rearrangements during capillary sequestration in bacterial pneumonia in rats. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2006;174:689-98 pubmed
- Wolgemuth C, Charon N, Goldstein S, Goldstein R. The flagellar cytoskeleton of the spirochetes. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2006;11:221-7 pubmed..Rotation of the flagella in the above species by a flagellar motor induces changes in the cell morphology that drives motility. Mutants that do not produce flagella have a markedly different shape than wild-type cells...
- Li Q, Spinelli A, Wang R, Anfinogenova Y, Singer H, Tang D. Critical role of vimentin phosphorylation at Ser-56 by p21-activated kinase in vimentin cytoskeleton signaling. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:34716-24 pubmed..Additionally, vimentin phosphorylation at this position is critical for vimentin filament spatial rearrangement elicited by agonists. ..
- Hedstrom K, Xu X, Ogawa Y, Frischknecht R, Seidenbecher C, Shrager P, et al. Neurofascin assembles a specialized extracellular matrix at the axon initial segment. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:875-86 pubmed..Thus, NF-186 assembles and links the specialized brevican-containing AIS extracellular matrix to the intracellular cytoskeleton. ..
- Li R, Gundersen G. Beyond polymer polarity: how the cytoskeleton builds a polarized cell. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2008;9:860-73 pubmed publisher..Crosstalk coordinates the functions of the two cytoskeletal systems. ..
- Rivera G, Vasilescu D, Papayannopoulos V, Lim W, Mayer B. A reciprocal interdependence between Nck and PI(4,5)P(2) promotes localized N-WASp-mediated actin polymerization in living cells. Mol Cell. 2009;36:525-35 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers a strong reciprocal interdependence between Nck and PI(4,5)P(2) in promoting localized N-WASp-mediated actin polymerization in cells. ..
- Burke B, Roux K. Nuclei take a position: managing nuclear location. Dev Cell. 2009;17:587-97 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have provided insight into how nuclear components can be mechanically coupled to the cytoskeleton, providing a more complete understanding of the role of nuclear positioning in both health and disease. ..
- Antonov A, Antonova G, Fujii M, Ten Dijke P, Handa V, Catravas J, et al. Regulation of endothelial barrier function by TGF-? type I receptor ALK5: potential role of contractile mechanisms and heat shock protein 90. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:759-71 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that specific translocation of ubiquitinated ALK5 receptor into the cytoskeleton compartment due to its lack of degradation is the mechanism that causes the divergence of caALK1 and caALK5 signaling...
- Thatcher S, Fultz M, Tanaka H, Hagiwara H, Zhang H, Zhang Y, et al. Myosin light chain kinase/actin interaction in phorbol dibutyrate-stimulated smooth muscle cells. J Pharmacol Sci. 2011;116:116-27 pubmed..Rescue experiments indicate that the non-kinase activity of MLCK plays an important role in maintaining actin stress fibers and in the PDBu-induced reorganization of actin-filaments in smooth muscle cells. ..
- Guryanova O, Drazba J, Frolova E, Chumakov P. Actin cytoskeleton remodeling by the alternatively spliced isoform of PDLIM4/RIL protein. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:26849-59 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data suggest a mechanism for fine-tuning actin cytoskeleton rearrangement in response to stresses. ..
- Schisa J. New insights into the regulation of RNP granule assembly in oocytes. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol. 2012;295:233-89 pubmed publisher..The roles of the cytoskeleton and cell organelles in regulating RNP granule assembly are also discussed. ..
- Carragher N, Levkau B, Ross R, Raines E. Degraded collagen fragments promote rapid disassembly of smooth muscle focal adhesions that correlates with cleavage of pp125(FAK), paxillin, and talin. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:619-30 pubmed..Thus, collagen fragments induce distinct integrin signals that lead to initiation of calpain-mediated cleavage of pp125(FAK), paxillin, and talin and dissolution of the focal adhesion complex. ..
- West K, Zhang H, Brown M, Nikolopoulos S, Riedy M, Horwitz A, et al. The LD4 motif of paxillin regulates cell spreading and motility through an interaction with paxillin kinase linker (PKL). J Cell Biol. 2001;154:161-76 pubmed..These data suggest that the paxillin association with PKL is essential for normal integrin-mediated cell spreading, and locomotion and that this interaction is necessary for the regulation of Rac activity during these events. ..
- Greenberg D, Mize G, Takayama T. Protease-activated receptor mediated RhoA signaling and cytoskeletal reorganization in LNCaP cells. Biochemistry. 2003;42:702-9 pubmed..Since the activation of RhoA is important for cytoskeletal reorganization, we postulate that PAR-mediated RhoA activation may be a major signaling pathway in the biology of prostate cancer. ..
- Halloran M, Berndt J. Current progress in neural crest cell motility and migration and future prospects for the zebrafish model system. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:497-513 pubmed..The zebrafish is particularly well suited for the study of neural crest motility because of the ability to combine genetic manipulation with live imaging of migrating NCCs. ..
- Tirnauer J. A new cytoskeletal connection for APC: linked to actin through IQGAP. Dev Cell. 2004;7:778-80 pubmed..In this issue of Developmental Cell, Watanabe et al. now show a molecular connection between the actin crosslinking protein IQGAP1 and the microtubule-stabilizing protein APC that impacts cells' ability to migrate into a wound. ..
- Bozulic L, Malik M, Powell D, Nanez A, Link A, Ramos K, et al. Plasma membrane Ca(2+) -ATPase associates with CLP36, alpha-actinin and actin in human platelets. Thromb Haemost. 2007;97:587-97 pubmed..Thus, in addition to the reversible serine/threonine and tyrosine phosphorylation events previously described in human platelets, PMCA function may be regulated by interactions with anchoring and cytoskeletal proteins. ..
- Tong X, Buechner M. CRIP homologues maintain apical cytoskeleton to regulate tubule size in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2008;317:225-33 pubmed publisher..EXC-9 and its nematode homologue act in polarized epithelial cells that must maintain great flexibility at their apical surface; our results suggest that CRIPs function to maintain cytoskeletal flexibility at the apical surface. ..
- Popodi E, Hoyle H, Turner F, Raff E. Cooperativity between the beta-tubulin carboxy tail and the body of the molecule is required for microtubule function. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2008;65:955-63 pubmed publisher..We show that in males of experimental genotypes that express wild type tubulins but have half the amount of the normal tubulin pool size, sperm tails are substantially shorter than wild type. ..
- Kabeche R, Baldissard S, Hammond J, Howard L, Moseley J. The filament-forming protein Pil1 assembles linear eisosomes in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4059-67 pubmed publisher..We propose that Pil1 is a novel component of the yeast cytoskeleton, with implications for the role of filament assembly in the spatial organization of cells. ..
- Majumder P, Aranjuez G, Amick J, McDonald J. Par-1 controls myosin-II activity through myosin phosphatase to regulate border cell migration. Curr Biol. 2012;22:363-72 pubmed publisher..Such a link between polarity proteins and cytoskeletal dynamics may also occur in other collective cell migrations. ..
- Fuesler J, Li H. Dynamic instability--a common denominator in prokaryotic and eukaryotic DNA segregation and cell division. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2012;17:542-8 pubmed
- Levin E, Rosen G, Cassidenti D, Yee B, Meldrum D, Wisot A, et al. Role of vascular endothelial cell growth factor in Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. J Clin Invest. 1998;102:1978-85 pubmed..Our results indicate that VEGF is the FF factor responsible for increased vascular permeability, thereby contributing to the pathogenesis of OHSS. ..
- Presland R, Kuechle M, Lewis S, Fleckman P, Dale B. Regulated expression of human filaggrin in keratinocytes results in cytoskeletal disruption, loss of cell-cell adhesion, and cell cycle arrest. Exp Cell Res. 2001;270:199-213 pubmed
- Rico M, Egelhoff T. Myosin heavy chain kinase B participates in the regulation of myosin assembly into the cytoskeleton. J Cell Biochem. 2003;88:521-32 pubmed..The presented data supports a model of multiple related MHCKs in this system, with different regulatory mechanisms and pathways controlling each enzyme. ..
- Salli U, Saito N, Stormshak F. Spatiotemporal interactions of myristoylated alanine-rich C kinase substrate (MARCKS) protein with the actin cytoskeleton and exocytosis of oxytocin upon prostaglandin F2alpha stimulation of bovine luteal cells. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:2053-8 pubmed..These data demonstrate that phosphorylation of membrane-bound MARCKS protein is requisite for exocytosis of oxytocin to occur in bovine large luteal cells...
- Edelman A, Kim W, Higgins D, Goldstein E, Oberdoerster M, Sigurdson W. Doublecortin kinase-2, a novel doublecortin-related protein kinase associated with terminal segments of axons and dendrites. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8531-43 pubmed..DCK2 may represent a phosphorylation-dependent switch for the reversible control of MT dynamics in the vicinity of neuronal growth cones. ..
- Dajkovic A, Lutkenhaus J. Z ring as executor of bacterial cell division. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2006;11:140-51 pubmed..Formation of the Z ring represents a major point of both spatial and temporal regulation of cell division. Here we discuss findings concerning the structure and the formation of the ring as well as its spatial and temporal regulation. ..
- Guo Y, Ramachandran C, Satpathy M, Srinivas S. Histamine-induced myosin light chain phosphorylation breaks down the barrier integrity of cultured corneal epithelial cells. Pharm Res. 2007;24:1824-33 pubmed..This is attributed to weakening of the tethering forces at the tight junctions by the centripetal forces produced by increased actin contractility. ..
- Smith S, McCann R. A C-terminal dimerization motif is required for focal adhesion targeting of Talin1 and the interaction of the Talin1 I/LWEQ module with F-actin. Biochemistry. 2007;46:10886-98 pubmed
- Yan W, Bentley B, Shao R. Distinct angiogenic mediators are required for basic fibroblast growth factor- and vascular endothelial growth factor-induced angiogenesis: the role of cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase c-Abl in tumor angiogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2278-88 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the wild-type c-Abl enhanced angiogenesis in both Matrigel implantation and tumor xenograft models. These data provide novel insights into c-Abl's differential functions in mediating bFGF- and VEGF-induced angiogenesis. ..
- Jakab K, Damon B, Marga F, Doaga O, Mironov V, Kosztin I, et al. Relating cell and tissue mechanics: implications and applications. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2438-49 pubmed publisher..Our findings confirm the usefulness of tissue liquidity and provide the scientific underpinning for a novel tissue engineering technology. ..
- Laporte D, Coffman V, Lee I, Wu J. Assembly and architecture of precursor nodes during fission yeast cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2011;192:1005-21 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our work characterizing the assembly and architecture of precursor nodes defines important steps and molecular players for contractile ring assembly. ..
- Barthold J, McCahan S, Singh A, Knudsen T, Si X, Campion L, et al. Altered expression of muscle- and cytoskeleton-related genes in a rat strain with inherited cryptorchidism. J Androl. 2008;29:352-66 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the orl mutation results in a primary gubernacular defect that affects muscle development and cytoskeletal function and might alter androgen-regulated pathways. ..
- Bean G, Flickinger S, Westler W, McCully M, Sept D, Weibel D, et al. A22 disrupts the bacterial actin cytoskeleton by directly binding and inducing a low-affinity state in MreB. Biochemistry. 2009;48:4852-7 pubmed publisher..It also represents a novel mode of action for a cytoskeletal drug and the first biochemical characterization of the interaction between a small molecule inhibitor of the bacterial cytoskeleton and its target. ..
- Suchyna T, Markin V, Sachs F. Biophysics and structure of the patch and the gigaseal. Biophys J. 2009;97:738-47 pubmed publisher..Voltage-dependent creep seems to arise from electroosmosis in the seal. Neutralization of negative charges on the seal membrane with low pH decreased the creep rate and reversed the direction of creep at positive pipette potentials. ..
- Umapathy N, Zemskov E, Gonzales J, Gorshkov B, Sridhar S, Chakraborty T, et al. Extracellular beta-nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (beta-NAD) promotes the endothelial cell barrier integrity via PKA- and EPAC1/Rac1-dependent actin cytoskeleton rearrangement. J Cell Physiol. 2010;223:215-23 pubmed publisher..With these results, we conclude that beta-NAD regulates the pulmonary EC barrier integrity via small GTPase Rac1- and MLCP- dependent signaling pathways. ..
- Hill D, Strome S. An analysis of the role of microfilaments in the establishment and maintenance of asymmetry in Caenorhabditis elegans zygotes. Dev Biol. 1988;125:75-84 pubmed
- Longley R, Woods A, Fleetwood A, Cowling G, Gallagher J, Couchman J. Control of morphology, cytoskeleton and migration by syndecan-4. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 20):3421-31 pubmed..The data suggest that syndecan-4 is a regulator of focal adhesion and stress fiber formation, and influences both morphology and migration. ..
- Sloboda R. Membrane trafficking and the cytoskeleton: an integrated view. ASCB/EMBO/Dudley Wright Summer Research Conference, Santa Maria Imbaro, Italy, June 26-30, 1999. EMBO J. 1999;18:5447-52 pubmed
- He Q, Meiri K. Isolation and characterization of detergent-resistant microdomains responsive to NCAM-mediated signaling from growth cones. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2002;19:18-31 pubmed..Our results provide evidence for NCAM-mediated signaling in DRMs and suggest that the DRMs responsible for fyn and PKC/GAP-43-mediated NCAM signaling are structurally distinct and differentially distributed in growth cones. ..
- Zhang M, Li J, Chakrabarty P, Bu B, Vincent I. Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors attenuate protein hyperphosphorylation, cytoskeletal lesion formation, and motor defects in Niemann-Pick Type C mice. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:843-53 pubmed..Studies aimed at knocking down individual cdks in these mice will help identify the specific cdk(s) that are essential, and delineate their precise roles in the neurodegenerative process. ..
- Velho T, Lovell P, Mello C. Enriched expression and developmental regulation of the middle-weight neurofilament (NF-M) gene in song control nuclei of the zebra finch. J Comp Neurol. 2007;500:477-97 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data indicate that NF-M is a neurochemical marker for pallial song control nuclei and provide suggestive evidence of an involvement of NF-M in the development and/or maturation of the oscine song control system...
- Yan Y, Jensen K, Brown A. The polypeptide composition of moving and stationary neurofilaments in cultured sympathetic neurons. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2007;64:299-309 pubmed
- Snee M, Macdonald P. Bicaudal C and trailer hitch have similar roles in gurken mRNA localization and cytoskeletal organization. Dev Biol. 2009;328:434-44 pubmed publisher..The cages sequester Gurken protein, blocking its secretion and thus interfering with signaling of the follicle cells to specify dorsal fate. ..
- Schafer D, Jha S, Liu F, Akella T, McCullough L, Rasband M. Disruption of the axon initial segment cytoskeleton is a new mechanism for neuronal injury. J Neurosci. 2009;29:13242-54 pubmed publisher..We conclude that loss of AIS ion channel clusters and neuronal polarity are important contributors to neuronal dysfunction after injury, and that strategies to facilitate recovery must preserve or repair the AIS cytoskeleton. ..
- Sachs F. Stretch-activated ion channels: what are they?. Physiology (Bethesda). 2010;25:50-6 pubmed publisher..Understanding MSC function requires under standing the stimulus. ..
- DeMay B, Meseroll R, Occhipinti P, Gladfelter A. Cellular requirements for the small molecule forchlorfenuron to stabilize the septin cytoskeleton. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2010;67:383-99 pubmed publisher..This drug will be a powerful tool for studying mechanisms of septin polymerization and function, particularly in cell types where molecular analyses are complicated by the presence of multiple isoforms and limited genetics. ..
- Krishna O, Jha A, Jia X, Kiick K. Integrin-mediated adhesion and proliferation of human MSCs elicited by a hydroxyproline-lacking, collagen-like peptide. Biomaterials. 2011;32:6412-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, CLP-Cys-modified HA hydrogels are attractive candidates as bioactive scaffolds for tissue engineering applications. ..
- Barber J, Handorf A, Allee T, Li W. Braided nanofibrous scaffold for tendon and ligament tissue engineering. Tissue Eng Part A. 2013;19:1265-74 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that BNFSs provide a versatile scaffold capable of supporting both stem cell expansion and differentiation for T/L tissue engineering applications. ..
- Guo L, Gao L, Rothschild J, Su B, Gelman I. Control of protein kinase C activity, phorbol ester-induced cytoskeletal remodeling, and cell survival signals by the scaffolding protein SSeCKS/GRAVIN/AKAP12. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:38356-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, PKC-mediated remodeling of the actin cytoskeleton is likely regulated by the ability of SSeCKS to control PKC signaling and activity through a direct scaffolding function. ..
- Neville M, Webb P, Ramanathan P, Mannino M, Pecorini C, Monks J, et al. The insulin receptor plays an important role in secretory differentiation in the mammary gland. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2013;305:E1103-14 pubmed publisher..We conclude that insulin fosters differentiation and may inhibit cell proliferation in the mammary gland of the midpregnant mouse. ..
- Reddy K, Bialkowska K, Fox J. Dynamic modulation of cytoskeletal proteins linking integrins to signaling complexes in spreading cells. Role of skelemin in initial integrin-induced spreading. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:28300-8 pubmed
- Gokina N, Osol G. Actin cytoskeletal modulation of pressure-induced depolarization and Ca(2+) influx in cerebral arteries. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2002;282:H1410-20 pubmed..Together, these results implicate vascular smooth muscle actin cytoskeletal dynamics in the control of cerebral artery diameter through their influence on membrane potential as well as via a direct effect on L-type Ca(2+) channels. ..
- Hannigan M, Zhan L, Li Z, Ai Y, Wu D, Huang C. Neutrophils lacking phosphoinositide 3-kinase gamma show loss of directionality during N-formyl-Met-Leu-Phe-induced chemotaxis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:3603-8 pubmed..These data suggest that PI3Kgamma regulates neutrophil chemotaxis primarily by controlling the direction of cell migration and the intracellular colocalization of AKT and F-actin to the leading edge. ..
- Zimowska G, Paddy M. Structures and dynamics of Drosophila Tpr inconsistent with a static, filamentous structure. Exp Cell Res. 2002;276:223-32 pubmed
- Bu B, Li J, Davies P, Vincent I. Deregulation of cdk5, hyperphosphorylation, and cytoskeletal pathology in the Niemann-Pick type C murine model. J Neurosci. 2002;22:6515-25 pubmed..The npc-1 mouse is a valuable in vivo model for determining how and when cdk5 becomes deregulated and whether cdk5 inhibitors would be useful in blocking NPC neurodegeneration. ..
- Sottile J, Hocking D. Fibronectin polymerization regulates the composition and stability of extracellular matrix fibrils and cell-matrix adhesions. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3546-59 pubmed
- Alto N, Carlisle Michel J, Dodge K, Langeberg L, Scott J. Intracellular targeting of protein kinases and phosphatases. Diabetes. 2002;51 Suppl 3:S385-8 pubmed
- Freeman E, Jani P, Millette C. Expression and potential function of Rho family small G proteins in cells of the mammalian seminiferous epithelium. Cell Commun Adhes. 2002;9:189-204 pubmed..Finally, inactivation of Sertoli cell Rho family proteins yields disruption of the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Liu X, Wu Z, Sheibani N, Brandt C, Polansky J, Kaufman P. Low dose latrunculin-A inhibits dexamethasone-induced changes in the actin cytoskeleton and alters extracellular matrix protein expression in cultured human trabecular meshwork cells. Exp Eye Res. 2003;77:181-8 pubmed..TSP1 may be an important target of LAT-A in HTM cells and modulation of TSP may influence the actin cytoskeleton of the trabecular meshwork (TM), and consequently, intraocular pressure. ..
- Mitchell D. Orientation of the central pair complex during flagellar bend formation in Chlamydomonas. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2003;56:120-9 pubmed..These observations support a model in which central pair orientation in Chlamydomonas is linked to doublet-specific dynein activation, and bend propagation is linked to rotation of the central pair complex. ..
- Ding H, Matthews T, Johnson G. Site-specific phosphorylation and caspase cleavage differentially impact tau-microtubule interactions and tau aggregation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:19107-14 pubmed..These results show that site-specific phosphorylation and caspase cleavage of tau differentially affect the ability of tau to bind and stabilize microtubules and facilitate tau self-association. ..
- Rivera G, Antoku S, Gelkop S, Shin N, Hanks S, Pawson T, et al. Requirement of Nck adaptors for actin dynamics and cell migration stimulated by platelet-derived growth factor B. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:9536-41 pubmed..These results suggest that Nck adaptors play an essential role in linking the activated PDGFbetaR with actin dynamics through a pathway that involves p130(Cas). ..
- Lee C, Scherr H, Wallingford J. Shroom family proteins regulate gamma-tubulin distribution and microtubule architecture during epithelial cell shape change. Development. 2007;134:1431-41 pubmed..Together, the data demonstrate that Shroom family proteins govern epithelial cell behaviors by coordinating the assembly of both microtubule and actin cytoskeletons. ..
- O Hara S, Small A, Chen X, Larusso N. Host cell actin remodeling in response to Cryptosporidium. Subcell Biochem. 2008;47:92-100 pubmed
- Breckenridge M, Dulyaninova N, Egelhoff T. Multiple regulatory steps control mammalian nonmuscle myosin II assembly in live cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:338-47 pubmed publisher..This work furthermore offers cellular insights that help explain platelet and leukocyte defects associated with R1933-stop alleles of patients afflicted with human MYH9-related disorder. ..
- Wang C. Caldesmon and the regulation of cytoskeletal functions. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2008;644:250-72 pubmed..This chapter reviews the highlights of the past findings and summarizes the current views on this protein, with emphasis of its interaction with tropomyosin. ..
- Liu S, Needham K, May J, Nolen B. Mechanism of a concentration-dependent switch between activation and inhibition of Arp2/3 complex by coronin. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:17039-46 pubmed publisher..Our data support a direct tethering recruitment model for activation of Arp2/3 complex by Crn1 and suggest that Crn1 indirectly inhibits Arp2/3 complex by blocking it from binding actin filaments. ..
- Sharma D, Kinsey W. PYK2: a calcium-sensitive protein tyrosine kinase activated in response to fertilization of the zebrafish oocyte. Dev Biol. 2013;373:130-40 pubmed publisher..Together, the above findings support a model in which PYK2 responds to the fertilization-induced calcium transient by promoting reorganization of the cortical actin cytoskeleton to form the fertilization cone. ..
- de la Fuente J, Estrada PeÃ±a A, Cabezas Cruz A, Kocan K. Anaplasma phagocytophilum Uses Common Strategies for Infection of Ticks and Vertebrate Hosts. Trends Microbiol. 2016;24:173-180 pubmed publisher..The discovery of these common mechanisms provides evidence that a control strategy could be developed targeted at both vertebrate and tick hosts for more complete control of A. phagocytophilum and its associated diseases. ..
- van Golen K, Ying C, Sequeira L, Dubyk C, Reisenberger T, Chinnaiyan A, et al. CCL2 induces prostate cancer transendothelial cell migration via activation of the small GTPase Rac. J Cell Biochem. 2008;104:1587-97 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a role for HBME-secreted CCL2 in promoting PCa cell extravasation into the bone microenvironment. ..
- Bubb M. Thymosin beta 4 interactions. Vitam Horm. 2003;66:297-316 pubmed..Furthermore, if multiple ligands bind to thymosin beta 4, then it is possible that thymosin beta 4 has a unique integrative function that links the actin cytoskeleton to important immune and cell growth-signaling cascades. ..
- McMichael B, Kotadiya P, Singh T, Holliday L, Lee B. Tropomyosin isoforms localize to distinct microfilament populations in osteoclasts. Bone. 2006;39:694-705 pubmed..This compartmentalization of tropomyosins to specific actin structures within osteoclasts is likely to play a critical role in determining the dynamic properties of the actin cytoskeleton and thus osteoclast activity. ..
- Merrifield C, Feldman M, Wan L, Almers W. Imaging actin and dynamin recruitment during invagination of single clathrin-coated pits. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:691-8 pubmed..Therefore, dynamin may provide the trigger and actin may provide the force for movement into the cytosol. ..
- Schiel J, Simon G, Zaharris C, Weisz J, Castle D, Wu C, et al. FIP3-endosome-dependent formation of the secondary ingression mediates ESCRT-III recruitment during cytokinesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:1068-78 pubmed publisher..These results provide a framework for the coordinated efforts of actin, FIP3 endosomes and the ESCRTs to regulate cytokinesis and abscission. ..
- Conway R, Petrovic N, Li Z, Heston W, Wu D, Shapiro L. Prostate-specific membrane antigen regulates angiogenesis by modulating integrin signal transduction. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5310-24 pubmed..Therefore, we have identified a novel role for PSMA as a true molecular interface, integrating both extracellular and intracellular signals during angiogenesis. ..
- Pan J, Fieles W, White A, Egerton M, Silberstein D. Ges, A human GTPase of the Rad/Gem/Kir family, promotes endothelial cell sprouting and cytoskeleton reorganization. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:1107-16 pubmed..Thus, Ges appears to be a key transducer linking extracellular signals to cytoskeleton/morphology changes in ECs. ..
- Ren X, Du Q, Huang Y, Ao S, Mei L, Xiong W. Regulation of CDC42 GTPase by proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2 interacting with PSGAP, a novel pleckstrin homology and Src homology 3 domain containing rhoGAP protein. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:971-84 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that PSGAP is a signaling protein essential for PYK2 regulation of cytoskeletal organization via Rho family GTPases. ..
- Meng F, Sachs F. Orientation-based FRET sensor for real-time imaging of cellular forces. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:743-50 pubmed publisher..cpstFRET can be employed in vitro, in vivo and in situ, and when incorporated into biologically expressed extracellular polymers such as collagen, it can report multidimensional stress fields. ..
- Balish M, Krause D. Mycoplasmas: a distinct cytoskeleton for wall-less bacteria. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2006;11:244-55 pubmed..In this review we discuss the cytoskeletal structures and protein components of the attachment organelle and how they might interact and contribute to its various functions. ..