Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cytokines in South Korea
Locale: South Korea
- Lee B, Lee H, Jung Y, Kim S, Lee Y, Chang S, et al. The effects of a novel botanical agent on lipopolysaccharide-induced alveolar bone loss in rats. J Periodontol. 2013;84:1221-9 pubmed publisher..The botanical mixture showed a potential adjunctive effect in the treatment of periodontitis. However, the present findings are obtained in vitro and in a rat model, so further clinical study is needed for its clinical application. ..
- Kim Y, Kim S, Whang K, Kim Y, Oh S. Inhibition of Escherichia coli O157:H7 attachment by interactions between lactic acid bacteria and intestinal epithelial cells. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2008;18:1278-85 pubmed..coli O157:H7. ..
- Kwon Y, Kim J, Kim C, Tu T, Kim M, Suk K, et al. Hypothalamic lipid-laden astrocytes induce microglia migration and activation. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:1742-1751 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the lipid-laden astrocytes formed in free fatty acid-rich obese condition may participate in obesity-induced hypothalamic inflammation through promoting microglia migration and activation. ..
- Do J, Kwon S, Park S, Lee E. Effects of vitamin D on expression of Toll-like receptors of monocytes from patients with Behcet's disease. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2008;47:840-8 pubmed publisher..And it seems possible that vitamin D may be used as a therapeutic option by modulating TLR2 and TLR4 expression of monocytes in BD. ..
- Jang H, Shin H. Wild Panax ginseng (Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer) protects against methotrexate-induced cell regression by enhancing the immune response in RAW 264.7 macrophages. Am J Chin Med. 2010;38:949-60 pubmed..Taken together, these results provide the first evidence that WPG triggers immune responses through the prevention of macrophage cell regression caused by MTX and functional activation of macrophages. ..
- So J, Kwon H, Lee C, Yi H, Park J, Lim S, et al. Lactobacillus casei suppresses experimental arthritis by down-regulating T helper 1 effector functions. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:2690-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that oral administration of L. casei suppresses the type II collagen-reactive effector function of Th1-type cellular and humoral immune responses in arthritic inflammation. ..
- Cho Y, Kee S, Lee S, Seo S, Kim T, Lee S, et al. Numerical and functional deficiencies of natural killer T cells in systemic lupus erythematosus: their deficiency related to disease activity. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2011;50:1054-63 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these deficiencies were found to reflect disease activity. It would appear that these NKT cell abnormalities could contribute to immune system dysregulation in SLE. ..
- Lim K, Lee S, Heo K, Lim K. Effects of glycoprotein isolated from Rhus verniciflua stokes on TPA-induced apoptosis and production of cytokines in cultured mouse primary splenocytes. Toxicol Lett. 2003;145:261-71 pubmed..01), compared to the control. These results indicate that RVS glycoprotein has the capacity to modulate apoptosis, cytokine production and T/B cell proliferation in splenocytes. ..
- Kim H, Na B, Kwon M, Ko Y, Han W, Jun C. Dynamic motile T cells highly respond to the T cell stimulation via PI3K-Akt and NF-?B pathways. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59793 pubmed publisher..This study is the first, to our knowledge, to demonstrate that T cells can be subcategorized on the basis of their intrinsic migratory capacity in relation to T cell activation. ..
- Bak J, Kim Y, Son J, Kim C, Kim E. Application of concentrated deep sea water inhibits the development of atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions in NC/Nga mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2012;12:108 pubmed publisher..Finally, cytokines, especially IL-4 and IL-10 which are important for Th2 cell development, were reduced. Our data suggests that topical application of CDSW could be useful in preventing the development of atopic dermatitis. ..
- Son H, Han S, Lee J, Lee C, Seo J, Chi D, et al. 2-Acetyl-7-hydroxy-6-methoxy-1-methyl-1,2,3,4,-tetrahydroisoquinoline exhibits anti-inflammatory properties and protects the nigral dopaminergic neurons. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;771:152-61 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that AMTIQ might serve as a candidate preventive-therapeutic agent for neurodegenerative diseases such as PD. ..
- Choi B, Hwang Y, Kwon H, Lee E, Park K, Bang D, et al. Tumor necrosis factor alpha small interfering RNA decreases herpes simplex virus-induced inflammation in a mouse model. J Dermatol Sci. 2008;52:87-97 pubmed publisher..05). We show that siRNAs can be employed to inhibit cytokine gene expression in an in vivo disease mouse model. This inhibition may, therefore, be attributed to the improvement of inflammatory symptoms. ..
- Song Y, Park Y, Kim K, Chung C, Lee G, Cho D, et al. Black tea extract prevents lipopolysaccharide-induced NF-?B signaling and attenuates dextran sulfate sodium-induced experimental colitis. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2011;11:91 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that BTE attenuates colon inflammation through the blockage of NF-?B signaling and apoptosis in DSS-induced experimental colitis model. ..
- Wi H, Na E, Yun S, Lee J. The antifungal effect of light emitting diode on Malassezia yeasts. J Dermatol Sci. 2012;67:3-8 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that LED might be an adjunctive therapeutic light tool against Malassezia yeasts related cutaneous diseases. ..
- Kim H, Kim Y, Lee H, Ryu H, Kim J, Yoon M, et al. Activation of macrophages by polysaccharide isolated from Paecilomyces cicadae through toll-like receptor 4. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:3190-7 pubmed publisher..Among them, p38 and NF-?B signaling played a crucial role in PCP-induced NO production by macrophages. These results indicate that PCP activates macrophages through the TLR4 signaling pathway. ..
- Lee C, Lee J, Lee D, Kim J, Alnaeeli M, Park Y, et al. Immunostimulating activity of polyhydric alcohol isolated from Taxus cuspidata. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;85:505-13 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first study to demonstrate the primary structure and immune-stimulating activities of PAL from the fruit of T. cuspidata. ..
- Sohn S, Lutz M, Kwon H, Konwalinka G, Lee S, Schirmer M. Therapeutic effects of gemcitabine on cutaneous manifestations in an Adamantiades-Behçet's disease-like mouse model. Exp Dermatol. 2004;13:630-4 pubmed..Moreover, dFdC shows promising effects to improve cutaneous lesions in the HSV-induced ABD-like mouse model. In this animal model, effects of dFdC on the cytokine profile remained inconclusive. ..
- Hong S, Jin J, Park J, Kim J, Jeong H. Analysis of proinflammatory gene expression by RBIV infection in rock bream, Oplegnathus faciatus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;50:317-26 pubmed publisher..It is supposed that down-regulation of proinflammatory gene expression in the immune organs may result in the failure of antiviral immune responses, causing high mortalities by megalocytivirus infection in rock bream. ..
- Kim E, Cho C, Choi S, Ahn J, Yang S, Cho S. 2-Cyclopropylimino-3-methyl-1,3-thiazoline hydrochloride alters lipopolysaccharide-induced proinflammatory cytokines and neuronal morphology in mouse fetal brain. Neuropharmacology. 2016;102:32-41 pubmed publisher..Although the clinical relevance of our findings remains to be determined, our results provide novel insights into KHG26377 as a possible therapeutic agent to protect fetuses against various inflammatory responses. ..
- Jung H, Mahesh R, Lee J, Lee S, Kim Y, Park Y. Pinoresinol from the fruits of Forsythia koreana inhibits inflammatory responses in LPS-activated microglia. Neurosci Lett. 2010;480:215-20 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that pinoresinol attenuates inflammatory responses of microglia and could be potentially useful in modulation of inflammatory status in brain disorders. ..
- Lee O, Cho Y, Kee S, Kim M, Jin H, Lee S, et al. Circulating mucosal-associated invariant T cell levels and their cytokine levels in healthy adults. Exp Gerontol. 2014;49:47-54 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that aging is associated with a reduction in circulating MAIT cells, accompanied with alterations in subset composition and cytokine profile. ..
- Lee J, Yang S, Na K. Gemcitabine-releasing polymeric films for covered self-expandable metallic stent in treatment of gastrointestinal cancer. Int J Pharm. 2012;427:276-83 pubmed publisher..In this study, the GEM-eluting metal stents covered with PU-PL12% showed considerable feasibility for the treatment of malignant gastrointestinal cancer as well as cancer-related stenosis. ..
- Hong S, Kim M, Lee E, Kim J, Kim Y, Jeon S, et al. Extracellular vesicles derived from Staphylococcus aureus induce atopic dermatitis-like skin inflammation. Allergy. 2011;66:351-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that S. aureus EV induce AD-like inflammation in the skin and that S. aureus-derived EV are a novel diagnostic and therapeutic target for the control of AD. ..
- Park S, Jeong J, Choy H, Rhee J, Na H, Lee T, et al. Immune response induced by ppGpp-defective Salmonella enterica serovar Gallinarum in chickens. J Microbiol. 2010;48:674-81 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, live attenuated ?ppGpp-defective strains may serve as novel vaccines to control fowl typhoid in chickens. ..
- Lee D, Cho T, Kim J, Lee H, Yoo W, Chung C, et al. Mobilization of endothelial progenitor cells in fracture healing and distraction osteogenesis. Bone. 2008;42:932-41 pubmed publisher..Increased EPC mobilization and homing may contribute to neovascularization and thus to new bone formation in fracture healing and DO. ..
- Han S, Kang G, Ko Y, Kang H, Moon S, Ann Y, et al. Fermented fish oil suppresses T helper 1/2 cell response in a mouse model of atopic dermatitis via generation of CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ T cells. BMC Immunol. 2012;13:44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the anti-allergic effect of FFO is associated with enrichment of CD4+CD25+ Foxp3+ T cells at the inflamed sites and that FFO may be effective in treating the allergic symptoms of AD. ..
- Lee J, Lim K. SJSZ glycoprotein (38kDa) prevents thymus atrophy and enhances expression of IL-2 and IL-12 in diethylnitrosamine-induced hepatocarcinogenesis. Int Immunopharmacol. 2012;13:362-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the SJSZ glycoprotein can prevent thymic atrophy and Th2 cytokines induced by DEN...
- Hong C, Kim S, Lee H, Lee S, Lim S, Rhee J, et al. A bacterial flagellin in combination with proinflammatory cytokines activates human monocyte-derived dendritic cells to generate cytotoxic T lymphocytes having increased homing signals to cancer. J Immunother. 2014;37:16-25 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, v-FlaB combined with tumor necrosis factor (TNF)? and IFN? can generate potent DCs which produce functionally active CTLs and that may have potential as a potent cancer vaccine. ..
- Lee S, Cho S, Lee E, Kim S, Lee S, Lim J, et al. Interleukin-20 promotes migration of bladder cancer cells through extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK)-mediated MMP-9 protein expression leading to nuclear factor (NF-κB) activation by inducing the up-regulation of p21(WAF1) protein expression. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5539-52 pubmed publisher..These unexpected results might provide a critical new target for the treatment of bladder cancer. ..
- Chae C, Kim G, Park E, Lee C, Verma R, Cho H, et al. NFAT1 Regulates Systemic Autoimmunity through the Modulation of a Dendritic Cell Property. J Immunol. 2017;199:3051-3062 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that NFAT1 may limit the hyperactivation of the NF-?B-mediated proinflammatory response in DCs and suppress autoimmunity by serving as a key regulator of DC tolerance. ..
- Kim Y, Chung I, Choi M, Kim Y, Lee J, Park C, et al. Triamcinolone suppresses retinal vascular pathology via a potent interruption of proinflammatory signal-regulated activation of VEGF during a relative hypoxia. Neurobiol Dis. 2007;26:569-76 pubmed..These findings suggest a potential that TA suppresses retinal neovascular pathophysiology via proinflammation-mediated activation of VEGF during hypoxia. ..
- Kim S, Kim S, Shin H, Lim J, Chae B, Park J, et al. Effects of Prunella vulgaris on mast cell-mediated allergic reaction and inflammatory cytokine production. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2007;232:921-6 pubmed..Our findings provide evidence that PVAE inhibits mast cell-derived immediate-type allergic reactions and involvement of proinflammatory cytokines and NF-kappaB in these effects...
- Jung W, Choi I, Oh S, Park S, Seo S, Lee S, et al. Anti-asthmatic effect of marine red alga (Laurencia undulata) polyphenolic extracts in a murine model of asthma. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009;47:293-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that L. undulata polyphenolic extracts possess therapeutic potential for combating bronchial asthma associated with allergic diseases...
- Chanda D, Lee C, Kim Y, Noh J, Kim D, Park J, et al. Fenofibrate differentially regulates plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene expression via adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase-dependent induction of orphan nuclear receptor small heterodimer partner. Hepatology. 2009;50:880-92 pubmed publisher
- Lee E, Lee Z, Song Y. The interaction between CXCL10 and cytokines in chronic inflammatory arthritis. Autoimmun Rev. 2013;12:554-7 pubmed publisher..Understanding the novel interaction between this chemokine and other chemokines or cytokines may add possible therapeutic applications in inflammatory arthritis. ..
- Lee J, Lim K. SJSZ glycoprotein (38 kDa) modulates expression of IL-2, IL-12, and IFN-? in cyclophosphamide-induced Balb/c. Inflamm Res. 2012;61:1319-28 pubmed publisher..The object of this study was to understand whether Styrax japonica Siebold et al. Zuccarini (SJSZ) glycoprotein prevents immunosuppression in CTX-induced Balb/c...
- Huh H, Lee E, Shin J, Park B, Lee S. STRAP positively regulates TLR3-triggered signaling pathway. Cell Immunol. 2017;318:55-60 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the C-terminus of STRAP is essential for its functional activity in TLR3-mediated IL-6 and IFN-? production. These data suggest that STRAP is a positive regulator of the TLR3-meditated NF-?B and IRF signaling pathway. ..
- Han E, Park J, Kim J, Chung Y, Jeong H. Inhibitory mechanism of saponins derived from roots of Platycodon grandiflorum on anaphylactic reaction and IgE-mediated allergic response in mast cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009;47:1069-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the in vivo/in vitro anti-allergic effects of CKS suggest possible therapeutic applications for this agent in allergic diseases through the inhibition of inflammatory cytokines and Syk-dependent signaling cascades...
- Koo J, Hong H, Mathema V, Kang H, Hyun J, Kim G, et al. Inhibitory effects of Carpinus tschonoskii leaves extract on CpG-stimulated pro-inflammatory cytokine production in murine bone marrow-derived macrophages and dendritic cells. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2012;48:197-202 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that CE has significant inhibitory effect on pro-inflammatory cytokine production and warrant further studies concerning potentials of CE for medicinal uses. ..
- Park S, Park Y, Son S, Lee K, Jung Y, Lee K, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of peptide-derived TSLP inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:4710-4713 pubmed publisher..Their TSLP inhibition activities were determined by ELISA assay. Among them, three peptides (6-8) exhibited >50% inhibition at concentration of 0.3mM. They can be used as hit compounds for developing peptide-based TSLP inhibitors. ..
- Kim C, Park C, Lee A. Administration of poly(I:C) improved dermatophagoides farinae-induced atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions in NC/Nga mice by the regulation of Th1/Th2 balance. Vaccine. 2012;30:2405-10 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results indicate that poly(I:C) might be a useful immunomodulatory agent for the treatment of human AD...
- Bae S, Kim S, Kim J, Kim J, Koo T, Jang H, et al. Hypoxic induction of human visfatin gene is directly mediated by hypoxia-inducible factor-1. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4105-13 pubmed..Taken together, our results demonstrate that visfatin is a new hypoxia-inducible gene of which expression is stimulated through the interaction of HIF-1 with HRE sites in its promoter region. ..
- Kim Y, Shin J, Li R, Cheong C, Kim K, Kim S. A novel anti-tumor cytokine contains an RNA binding motif present in aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:27062-8 pubmed..The peptide sequence that is responsible for cytokine activity is located, for the most part, in the beta1 strand. It is divided into two regions by a neighboring loop. ..
- Kim S, Cha H, Kim D, Han G, Chung Y, Lee Y, et al. Antimicrobial peptide LL-37 is upregulated in chronic nasal inflammatory disease. Acta Otolaryngol. 2003;123:81-5 pubmed..IL-1beta and IL-8 transcripts exhibited a similar pattern to that of LL-37. We suggest that LL-37 is one of the antimicrobial peptides found in human nasal mucosa and that it participates in the innate immune system of the nasal mucosa. ..
- So J, Song M, Kwon H, Lee C, Chae C, Sahoo A, et al. Lactobacillus casei enhances type II collagen/glucosamine-mediated suppression of inflammatory responses in experimental osteoarthritis. Life Sci. 2011;88:358-66 pubmed publisher..Our study provides evidence that L. casei could act as a potent nutraceutical modulator for OA treatment by reducing pain, inflammatory responses, and articular cartilage degradation. ..
- Yoon S, Koh E, Kim C, Zee O, Kwak J, Jeong W, et al. Agrimonia eupatoria protects against chronic ethanol-induced liver injury in rats. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:2335-41 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that AE ameliorates chronic ethanol-induced liver injury, and that protection is likely due to the suppression of oxidative stress and TLR-mediated inflammatory signaling...
- Seo M, Kim J, Lee M, Sohn Y, Kang K, Yoo M. The therapeutic effect of DA-6034 on ocular inflammation via suppression of MMP-9 and inflammatory cytokines and activation of the MAPK signaling pathway in an experimental dry eye model. Curr Eye Res. 2010;35:165-75 pubmed publisher..In addition, to elucidate the mechanism of DA-6034, we evaluated the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling pathway and transcriptional factor-kappa B (NF-kB) in corneal epithelial cells...
- Sahoo A, Jung Y, Kwon H, Yi H, Lee S, Chang S, et al. A novel splicing variant of mouse interleukin (IL)-24 antagonizes IL-24-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28860-72 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the novel splicing variant FISP-sp dimerizes with FISP and blocks its secretion and inhibits FISP-induced apoptosis in vivo. ..
- Park T, Jeong B, Tateno C, Kim H, Ogawa T, Lim I, et al. Pleiotrophin inhibits transforming growth factor beta1-induced apoptosis in hepatoma cell lines. Mol Carcinog. 2008;47:784-96 pubmed publisher..In summary, PTN was expressed in HSCs, Kupffer cells, and hepatocytes in fibrotic liver. We propose that PTN specifically antagonizes the TGFbeta1 activity during liver fibrosis. ..
- Hwang J, Kwon H, Kim J, Rho J, Im S. Immunomodulatory effect of water soluble extract separated from mycelium of Phellinus linteus on experimental atopic dermatitis. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2012;12:159 pubmed publisher..In this study, we examined the immunomodulatory effects of P. linteus on experimental atopic dermatitis (AD) and elucidated its action mechanism...
- Ko M, Kim H, Kim H, Yoon N, Lee U, Lee S, et al. Developmentally regulated GTP-binding protein 2 ameliorates EAE by suppressing the development of TH17 cells. Clin Immunol. 2014;150:225-35 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that DRG2 is an essential modulator of EAE. ..
- Ryu S, Hong G, Kim D, Ro J. Enolase 1 and calreticulin regulate the differentiation and function of mouse mast cells. Cell Signal. 2012;24:60-70 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that enolase 1 and calreticulin are important proteins in regulating the differentiation and functions of BMMCs. ..
- Park J, Min J, Chae U, Lee J, Song K, Lee H, et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of oleuropein on microglia through regulation of Drp1-dependent mitochondrial fission. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;306:46-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a potential role of oleuropein in microglial inflammation-mediated neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Eun C, Mishima Y, Wohlgemuth S, Liu B, Bower M, Carroll I, et al. Induction of bacterial antigen-specific colitis by a simplified human microbiota consortium in gnotobiotic interleukin-10-/- mice. Infect Immun. 2014;82:2239-46 pubmed publisher..A subset of IBD-relevant human enteric bacterial species preferentially stimulates bacterial antigen-specific TH1 and TH17 immune responses in this model, independent of luminal and mucosal bacterial concentrations. ..
- Fann D, Santro T, Manzanero S, Widiapradja A, Cheng Y, Lee S, et al. Intermittent fasting attenuates inflammasome activity in ischemic stroke. Exp Neurol. 2014;257:114-9 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that IF can attenuate the inflammatory response and tissue damage following ischemic stroke by a mechanism involving suppression of NLRP1 and NLRP3 inflammasome activity. ..
- Chung M, Sohng J, Choi D, Park Y. Inhibitory effect of phloretin and biochanin A on IgE-mediated allergic responses in rat basophilic leukemia RBL-2H3 cells. Life Sci. 2013;93:401-8 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggested that these two plant flavonoids may have potent anti-allergic activity in vitro. ..
- Han S, Park S, Lee K, Lee C, Lee S, Kim H, et al. Polysaccharide isolated from the radix of Platycodon grandiflorum selectively activates B cells and macrophages but not T cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2001;1:1969-78 pubmed
- Kim M, Lee J, Kim H, Park S, Kim S, Kang G, et al. Crystal structure of visfatin/pre-B cell colony-enhancing factor 1/nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase, free and in complex with the anti-cancer agent FK-866. J Mol Biol. 2006;362:66-77 pubmed
- Choi J, Hwang Y, Lee H, Jeong H. Inhibitory effect of Platycodi Radix on ovalbumin-induced airway inflammation in a murine model of asthma. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009;47:1272-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that oxidative stress may play a crucial role in the pathogenesis of bronchial asthma induced by OVA and that CK may be useful as an adjuvant therapy for the treatment of bronchial asthma. ..
- Thylur R, Kim Y, Kwon M, Oh H, Kwon H, Kim S, et al. Swiprosin-1 is expressed in mast cells and up-regulated through the protein kinase C beta I/eta pathway. J Cell Biochem. 2009;108:705-15 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that swiprosin-1 is a PKC-beta I/eta-inducible gene and it modulates mast cell activation through NF-kappaB-dependent pathway. ..
- Kang T, Choi I, Kim S, Moon P, Seo J, Kim J, et al. Ailanthus altissima swingle has anti-anaphylactic effect and inhibits inflammatory cytokine expression via suppression of nuclear factor-kappaB activation. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2010;46:72-81 pubmed publisher..In addition, AAS inhibited the PMACI-induced IkappaBalpha degradation. In conclusion, the present results indicate that AAS has potent anti-anaphylactic and anti-inflammatory properties...
- Jung B, Toan N, Cho S, Ko J, Jung Y, Lee B. Dietary aluminosilicate supplement enhances immune activity in mice and reinforces clearance of porcine circovirus type 2 in experimentally infected pigs. Vet Microbiol. 2010;143:117-25 pubmed publisher..This may relate to general immune enhancing effects of DAS in mice. Therefore DAS will help the health of animal, especially in swine...
- Jung B, Cho S, Koh H, Han D, Lee B. Fermented Maesil (Prunus mume) with probiotics inhibits development of atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions in NC/Nga mice. Vet Dermatol. 2010;21:184-91 pubmed publisher..Beneficial effects of fermented Maesil may thus be expected in dogs with AD, although this and the nature of the active pathway remain to be explored. ..
- Jung B, Ko J, Cho S, Koh H, Yoon S, Han D, et al. Immune-enhancing effect of fermented Maesil (Prunus mume Siebold & Zucc.) with probiotics against Bordetella bronchiseptica in mice. J Vet Med Sci. 2010;72:1195-202 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that feed containing fermented Maesil with probiotics enhances immune activity in mice, especially against B. bronchiseptica, via the potent stimulation of non-specific immune responses. ..
- Kim S, Kim Y, Lee H, Kim Y, Jeon S, Baek S, et al. The agonists of formyl peptide receptors prevent development of severe sepsis after microbial infection. J Immunol. 2010;185:4302-10 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the agonists of formyl peptide receptors effectively prevent development of severe sepsis following microbial infection partly via augmentation of type 1 and type 17 immune responses. ..
- Hien T, Kim N, Kim H, Kang K. Ginsenoside Rg3 inhibits tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced expression of cell adhesion molecules in human endothelial cells. Pharmazie. 2010;65:699-701 pubmed
- Choi J, Lee S, Kim K, Choi B. Identification of immunoreactive epitopes of the Porphyromonas gingivalis heat shock protein in periodontitis and atherosclerosis. J Periodontal Res. 2011;46:240-5 pubmed publisher..The interleukin-10 levels were elevated significantly in the peptide 19 T-cell line. Synthetic peptide 19 of P. gingivalis HSP60 is an immunoreactive epitope in the periodontitis-atherosclerosis axis. ..
- Park S, Jang H, Nho S, Cha I, Hikima J, Ohtani M, et al. Outer membrane vesicles as a candidate vaccine against edwardsiellosis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17629 pubmed publisher..0001) than were control fish. Investigation of OMVs may be useful not only for understanding the pathogenesis of E. tarda but also in development of an effective vaccine against edwardsiellosis...
- Kim H, Kim J, Kang J, Kim H, Kim Y, Hong I, et al. Cordlan polysaccharide isolated from mushroom Cordyceps militaris induces dendritic cell maturation through toll-like receptor 4 signalings. Food Chem Toxicol. 2010;48:1926-33 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that cordlan induces DC maturation through TLR4 signaling pathways...
- Jang J, Kim H, Kim Y, Cho J. Molecular cloning and functional analysis of nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain-containing protein 1 in rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;51:53-63 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the important role of NOD1 signaling pathway in fish in eliciting innate immune response. ..
- Kim J, Choi Y, Lee J, Lee J, Nam J, Choi C, et al. Borderline and malignant phyllodes tumors display similar promoter methylation profiles. Virchows Arch. 2009;455:469-75 pubmed publisher..001). These results suggest that PTs segregate into only two groups on the basis of their methylation profiles: the benign group and the combined borderline/malignant group. ..
- Kim D, Hong G, Ro J. Signal pathways in astrocytes activated by cross-talk between of astrocytes and mast cells through CD40-CD40L. J Neuroinflammation. 2011;8:25 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that the pro-inflammatory mediators produced by cell-to-cell cross-talk via interaction of CD40-CD40L may be as a promising therapeutic target for neurodegenerative diseases like MS. ..
- Kim S, Lim J, Lee J, Choe S, Kim Y, Song S, et al. Activation of ?-catenin by inhibitors of glycogen synthase kinase-3 ameliorates cisplatin-induced cytotoxicity and pro-inflammatory cytokine expression in HEI-OC1 cells. Toxicology. 2014;320:74-82 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the GSK-3/?-catenin pathway may play a central role in cisplatin-mediated cytotoxicity in HEI-OC1 cells and hair cells of OCs in vitro. ..
- Lim Y, Na H, Yun Y, Choi I, Oh J, Rhee J, et al. Suppressive effects of ginsan on the development of allergic reaction in murine asthmatic model. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2009;150:32-42 pubmed publisher..Lastly, ginsan inhibited the allergic reaction aggravated by COX inhibitor (indomethacin). Ginsan has anti-asthmatic effects, which seem to be partially mediated by enhancing the synthesis of COX gene products. ..
- Park H, Kim M, Li Y, Park Y, Lee J, Lee Y, et al. Britanin suppresses LPS-induced nitric oxide, PGE2 and cytokine production via NF-?B and MAPK inactivation in RAW 264.7 cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2013;15:296-302 pubmed publisher..We conclude that britanin may have potential for the treatment of inflammatory diseases through the down-regulation of MAP kinases and NF-?B mediated activation of macrophages. ..
- Han H, Li M, Son J, Seo C, Song S, Kwak S, et al. Sauchinone, a lignan from Saururus chinensis, attenuates neutrophil pro-inflammatory activity and acute lung injury. Int Immunopharmacol. 2013;17:471-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that sauchinone diminishes LPS-induced neutrophil activation and ALI. ..