Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cysteine endopeptidases in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: cysteine endopeptidases
Publications167 found, 100 shown here
- Aminev A, Amineva S, Palmenberg A. Encephalomyocarditis virus (EMCV) proteins 2A and 3BCD localize to nuclei and inhibit cellular mRNA transcription but not rRNA transcription. Virus Res. 2003;95:59-73 pubmed..The data suggest that nuclear targeting by 2A and 3BCD may be responsible for regulating cellular mRNA and rRNA transcription during infection, perhaps via a proteolytic mechanism catalyzed by the endogenous 3C(pro) sequence. ..
- Miyakawa H, Honma K, Qi M, Kuramitsu H. Interaction of Porphyromonas gingivalis with low-density lipoproteins: implications for a role for periodontitis in atherosclerosis. J Periodontal Res. 2004;39:1-9 pubmed..Finally, the aggregated LDL induced murine macrophages to form foam cells. These results suggest that P. gingivalis may stimulate foam cell formation, in part, by aggregating LDL by proteolysis of apo B-100. ..
- Provenzano P, Alejandro Osorio A, Valhmu W, Jensen K, Vanderby R. Intrinsic fibroblast-mediated remodeling of damaged collagenous matrices in vivo. Matrix Biol. 2005;23:543-55 pubmed..As such, this system provides unique insight into acute tissue damage and offers a potentially powerful model to examine fibroblast behavior. ..
- Wakabayashi H, Su Y, Ahmad S, Walsh P, Fay P. A Glu113Ala mutation within a factor VIII Ca2+-binding site enhances cofactor interactions in factor Xase. Biochemistry. 2005;44:10298-304 pubmed
- Nepal R, Mampe S, Shaffer B, Erickson A, Bryant P. Cathepsin L maturation and activity is impaired in macrophages harboring M. avium and M. tuberculosis. Int Immunol. 2006;18:931-9 pubmed..avium- and M. tuberculosis-infected macrophages may influence the types of T cell epitopes generated in these antigen-presenting cells, and/or the rate of class II MHC peptide loading. ..
- Hwang Y, Leong O, Chen W, Yates M. Comparison of a reporter assay and immunomagnetic separation real-time reverse transcription-PCR for the detection of enteroviruses in seeded environmental water samples. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:2338-40 pubmed..Both new procedures detected infective viruses in environmental samples at the same level as the plaque assay. ..
- Fu H, Doelling J, Arendt C, Hochstrasser M, Vierstra R. Molecular organization of the 20S proteasome gene family from Arabidopsis thaliana. Genetics. 1998;149:677-92 pubmed
- Turner R. The treatment of rhinovirus infections: progress and potential. Antiviral Res. 2001;49:1-14 pubmed..Recent advances in our understanding of the pathogenesis of common cold symptoms have provided insights into potential new targets for the treatment of this illness. ..
- Mallory A, Ely L, Smith T, Marathe R, Anandalakshmi R, Fagard M, et al. HC-Pro suppression of transgene silencing eliminates the small RNAs but not transgene methylation or the mobile signal. Plant Cell. 2001;13:571-83 pubmed..These results demonstrate that HC-Pro functions downstream of transgene methylation and the mobile signal at a step preceding accumulation of the small RNAs. ..
- Verma R, Aravind L, Oania R, McDonald W, Yates J, Koonin E, et al. Role of Rpn11 metalloprotease in deubiquitination and degradation by the 26S proteasome. Science. 2002;298:611-5 pubmed..Our findings reveal an unexpected coupling between substrate deubiquitination and degradation and suggest a unifying rationale for the presence of the lid in eukaryotic proteasomes. ..
- Burnham A, Gong L, Hardy R. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonuclear protein K interacts with Sindbis virus nonstructural proteins and viral subgenomic mRNA. Virology. 2007;367:212-21 pubmed..Potential functions of hnRNP K during virus replication are discussed. ..
- Lim J, Ha U, Sakai A, Woo C, Kweon S, Xu H, et al. Streptococcus pneumoniae synergizes with nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae to induce inflammation via upregulating TLR2. BMC Immunol. 2008;9:40 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae-induced TLR2 up-regulation via negative-crosstalk with NF-kappaB signaling. Our study thus provides novel insights into the regulation of TLR2 expression in mixed bacterial infections. ..
- Akhrymuk I, Kulemzin S, Frolova E. Evasion of the innate immune response: the Old World alphavirus nsP2 protein induces rapid degradation of Rpb1, a catalytic subunit of RNA polymerase II. J Virol. 2012;86:7180-91 pubmed publisher..This indicates that the nsP2-induced degradation of Rpb1 is a critical mechanism utilized by the Old World alphaviruses to subvert the cellular antiviral response...
- Pomowski A, Uson I, Nowakowska Z, Veillard F, Sztukowska M, Guevara T, et al. Structural insights unravel the zymogenic mechanism of the virulence factor gingipain K from Porphyromonas gingivalis, a causative agent of gum disease from the human oral microbiome. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:5724-5735 pubmed publisher..i> Our results reveal that the specific latency mechanism of Kgp differs from those of Rgps. ..
- Roby K, Fei K, Yang Y, Hunt J. Expression of HLA class II-associated peptide transporter and proteasome genes in human placentas and trophoblast cell lines. Immunology. 1994;83:444-8 pubmed
- Linden H, Kaushansky K. The glycan domain of thrombopoietin (TPO) acts in trans to enhance secretion of the hormone and other cytokines. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35240-7 pubmed..The cellular location of TGD action is likely to be within the ER or earlier in the secretory pathway. ..
- Verma R, Peters N, D Onofrio M, Tochtrop G, Sakamoto K, Varadan R, et al. Ubistatins inhibit proteasome-dependent degradation by binding the ubiquitin chain. Science. 2004;306:117-20 pubmed..The same interface is recognized by ubiquitin-chain receptors of the proteasome, indicating that ubistatins act by disrupting a critical protein-protein interaction in the ubiquitin-proteasome system. ..
- Karmakar S, Banik N, Ray S. Curcumin suppressed anti-apoptotic signals and activated cysteine proteases for apoptosis in human malignant glioblastoma U87MG cells. Neurochem Res. 2007;32:2103-13 pubmed..Results show that CCM is an effective therapeutic agent for suppression of anti-apoptotic factors and activation of calpain and caspase proteolytic cascades for apoptosis in human malignant glioblastoma cells. ..
- Kwo P, Patel T, Bronk S, Gores G. Nuclear serine protease activity contributes to bile acid-induced apoptosis in hepatocytes. Am J Physiol. 1995;268:G613-21 pubmed..These data may be important in understanding apoptosis in other cell types and in providing insight into the mechanisms of liver injury during cholestasis. ..
- Chambers D, Cook P, Nishioka G, Erhart P. Comparison of mRAST and CAP with skin end point titration for Alternaria tenuis and dermatophagoides pteronyssinus. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1997;117:471-4 pubmed..These results were then compared with the results of patients who also underwent intradermal skin testing based on end point titration techniques. ..
- Lutz M, Ellis S, Martin N. Proteasome mutants, pre4-2 and ump1-2, suppress the essential function but not the mitochondrial RNase P function of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae gene RPM2. Genetics. 2000;154:1013-23 pubmed..In an RPM2 wild-type background, pre4-2 and ump1-2 strains fail to grow at restrictive temperatures on nonfermentable carbon sources. These data link proteasome activity with Rpm2p and mitochondrial function. ..
- Xie Y, Varshavsky A. UFD4 lacking the proteasome-binding region catalyses ubiquitination but is impaired in proteolysis. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:1003-7 pubmed..This multiple-site binding may function to slow down dissociation of the substrate from the proteasome and to facilitate the unfolding of substrate through ATP-dependent movements of the chaperone subunits of the 19S particle. ..
- Decarlo A, Huang Y, Collyer C, Langley D, Katz J. Feasibility of an HA2 domain-based periodontitis vaccine. Infect Immun. 2003;71:562-6 pubmed..The IgG subclass ratios suggested that relatively lower Th2/Th1-driven responses were directly associated with protection when rHA2 was administered in saline. ..
- Costales J, Rowland E. A role for protease activity and host-cell permeability during the process of Trypanosoma cruzi egress from infected cells. J Parasitol. 2007;93:1350-9 pubmed publisher..The findings reported herein might have implications in the process of T. cruzi egress, as well as in the mechanism of action of antiegressin. ..
- Koga T, Lim J, Jono H, Ha U, Xu H, Ishinaga H, et al. Tumor suppressor cylindromatosis acts as a negative regulator for Streptococcus pneumoniae-induced NFAT signaling. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12546-54 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae infections through the NFAT-dependent mechanism and further identify CYLD as a negative regulator for NFAT signaling, thereby opening up new therapeutic targets for these diseases. ..
- Ogram S, Spear A, Sharma N, Flanegan J. The 5'CL-PCBP RNP complex, 3' poly(A) tail and 2A(pro) are required for optimal translation of poliovirus RNA. Virology. 2010;397:14-22 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with a model in which the 5'CL-PCBP complex interacts with the 3' poly(A)-PABP complex to form a 5'-3' circular complex that facilitates ribosome reloading and stimulates PV RNA translation...
- Suszynska J, Tisonczyk J, Lee H, Smith M, Jakubowski H. Reduced homocysteine-thiolactonase activity in Alzheimer's disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2010;19:1177-83 pubmed publisher..Levels of brain total Hcy and N-linked protein Hcy did not differ between AD cases and controls. These results suggest that diminished functional BLH activity could contribute to the pathology of AD. ..
- Pearce D, Sherman F. Differential ubiquitin-dependent degradation of the yeast apo-cytochrome c isozymes. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:31829-36 pubmed..We suggest that ubiquitin-dependent degradation of apo-iso-1-cytochrome c is part of the regulatory process controlling the preferential expression of the iso-cytochromes c. ..
- Lin H, Altuwaijri S, Lin W, Kan P, Collins L, Chang C. Proteasome activity is required for androgen receptor transcriptional activity via regulation of androgen receptor nuclear translocation and interaction with coregulators in prostate cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36570-6 pubmed
- Buyue Y, Sheehan J. Fucosylated chondroitin sulfate inhibits plasma thrombin generation via targeting of the factor IXa heparin-binding exosite. Blood. 2009;114:3092-100 pubmed publisher..Glycosaminoglycan-mediated intrinsic tenase inhibition is a novel antithrombotic mechanism with physiologic and therapeutic applications. ..
- Lafuse W, Brown D, Castle L, Zwilling B. IFN-gamma increases cathepsin H mRNA levels in mouse macrophages. J Leukoc Biol. 1995;57:663-9 pubmed..Lipopolysaccharide and cytokines interleukin-2 (IL-2), IL-4, IL-10, and tumor necrosis factor alpha were found to have no effect on cathepsin H mRNA levels in mouse peritoneal macrophages. ..
- Rojo E, Zouhar J, Carter C, Kovaleva V, Raikhel N. A unique mechanism for protein processing and degradation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:7389-94 pubmed..Moreover, a proteomics-based approach identified various proteins found in the vacuoles of aging vpegamma mutants but not in WT plants, suggesting a unique role of VPEgamma in protein processing and degradation in Arabidopsis. ..
- Yamada M, Ikegami A, Kuramitsu H. Synergistic biofilm formation by Treponema denticola and Porphyromonas gingivalis. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2005;250:271-7 pubmed..gingivalis. The major fimbriae and Arg-gingipain B of P. gingivalis also play important roles in biofilm formation with T. denticola. ..
- Szweda P, Camouse M, Lundberg K, Oberley T, Szweda L. Aging, lipofuscin formation, and free radical-mediated inhibition of cellular proteolytic systems. Ageing Res Rev. 2003;2:383-405 pubmed..In addition, future research directions suggested by the available evidence are discussed. ..
- Lawson T, Gronros D, Evans P, Bastien M, Michalewich K, Clark J, et al. Identification and characterization of a protein destruction signal in the encephalomyocarditis virus 3C protease. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:9871-80 pubmed..The other is a Ubc5-dependent E3 that appears to recognize a different, unidentified feature of the 3C protease. ..
- Stathopoulou P, Benakanakere M, Galicia J, Kinane D. The host cytokine response to Porphyromonas gingivalis is modified by gingipains. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2009;24:11-7 pubmed publisher..Changes in the crevicular cytokine profile have consequences in periodontal disease pathogenesis that should be considered in the development of diagnostic and therapeutic modalities. ..
- Clementz M, Chen Z, Banach B, Wang Y, Sun L, Ratia K, et al. Deubiquitinating and interferon antagonism activities of coronavirus papain-like proteases. J Virol. 2010;84:4619-29 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results demonstrate the multifunctional nature of the coronavirus PLP domain as a viral protease, DUB, and IFN antagonist and suggest that these independent activities may provide multiple targets for antiviral therapies. ..
- Lucas J, Lobo D, Terry E, Hogan E, Banik N. Susceptibility of myelin proteins to a neutral endoproteinase: the degradation of myelin basic protein (MBP) and P2 protein by purified bovine brain multicatalytic proteinase complex (MPC). Neurochem Res. 1992;17:1261-6 pubmed..01%) and not in its absence. These results indicate that MPC which is active at physiological conditions may have a role in the turnover of myelin proteins and in demyelinating diseases. ..
- Gray W, Estelle I. Function of the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway in auxin response. Trends Biochem Sci. 2000;25:133-8 pubmed..Recent advances using molecular genetics in Arabidopsis have begun to elucidate the mechanisms involved in auxin signaling. These results suggest that protein degradation by the ubiquitin pathway has a central role in auxin response. ..
- Basu S, Binder R, Ramalingam T, Srivastava P. CD91 is a common receptor for heat shock proteins gp96, hsp90, hsp70, and calreticulin. Immunity. 2001;14:303-13 pubmed..Postuptake processing of gp96-chaperoned peptides requires proteasomes and the transporters associated with antigen processing, utilizing the classical endogenous antigen presentation pathway. ..
- Galasiti Kankanamalage A, Kim Y, Rathnayake A, Alliston K, Butler M, Cardinale S, et al. Design, Synthesis, and Evaluation of Novel Prodrugs of Transition State Inhibitors of Norovirus 3CL Protease. J Med Chem. 2017;60:6239-6248 pubmed publisher..The methodology described herein has wide applicability and can be extended to the bisulfite adducts of common warheads employed in the design of transition state inhibitors of serine and cysteine proteases of medical relevance. ..
- Zhou P, Zanelli E, Smart M, David C. Genomic organization and tissue expression of mouse proteasome gene Lmp-2. Genomics. 1993;16:664-8 pubmed..The Lmp-2 gene is expressed in most tissues of unstimulated mice, except for brain tissue. The comparison of the 5'-flanking region of human and mouse sequences is discussed. ..
- Chen C, Pajak L, Tamburlin J, Bofinger D, Koury S. The effect of proteasome inhibitors on mammalian erythroid terminal differentiation. Exp Hematol. 2002;30:634-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that the proteasomal degradation of ubiquitinated proteins plays an important role in the enucleation of mammalian erythroblasts. ..
- Kilianski A, Mielech A, Deng X, Baker S. Assessing activity and inhibition of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus papain-like and 3C-like proteases using luciferase-based biosensors. J Virol. 2013;87:11955-62 pubmed publisher..These biosensor assays can now be used to screen for MERS-CoV-specific or broad-spectrum coronavirus PLpro and 3CLpro inhibitors. ..
- Jin Y, Lee H, Zeng S, Dai M, Lu H. MDM2 promotes p21waf1/cip1 proteasomal turnover independently of ubiquitylation. EMBO J. 2003;22:6365-77 pubmed..These results demonstrate that MDM2 directly inhibits p21waf1/cip1 function by reducing p21waf1/cip1 stability in a ubiquitin-independent fashion. ..
- Sudheesh P, Crane S, Cain K, Strom M. Sortase inhibitor phenyl vinyl sulfone inhibits Renibacterium salmoninarum adherence and invasion of host cells. Dis Aquat Organ. 2007;78:115-27 pubmed publisher..These findings clearly show that PVS, a small molecule drug and a known sortase inhibitor, can interfere with the ability of R. salmoninarum to adhere and colonize fish cells, with a corresponding decrease in virulence. ..
- Achkar C, Gong Q, Frankfater A, Bajkowski A. Differences in targeting and secretion of cathepsins B and L by BALB/3T3 fibroblasts and Moloney murine sarcoma virus-transformed BALB/3T3 fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:13650-4 pubmed
- Zangar R, Kimzey A, Okita J, Wunschel D, Edwards R, Kim H, et al. Cytochrome P450 3A conjugation to ubiquitin in a process distinct from classical ubiquitination pathway. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;61:892-904 pubmed..This conjugation reaction, however, seems to be distinct from the classical ubiquitination pathway but may be related to the substrate-dependent stabilization of CYP3A observed in vivo. ..
- Bondy Carey J, Galicia J, Bagaitkar J, Potempa J, Potempa B, Kinane D, et al. Neutrophils alter epithelial response to Porphyromonas gingivalis in a gingival crevice model. Mol Oral Microbiol. 2013;28:102-13 pubmed publisher..This straightforward gingival crevice model is established as a suitable vehicle for the elucidation of mechanisms that contribute to susceptibility to periodontitis. ..
- Bhandari S, Gregory J, Renuart D, Merritt A. Properties of pteroylpolyglutamate hydrolase in pancreatic juice of the pig. J Nutr. 1990;120:467-75 pubmed
- Johansen L, Carrington J. Silencing on the spot. Induction and suppression of RNA silencing in the Agrobacterium-mediated transient expression system. Plant Physiol. 2001;126:930-8 pubmed..They also indicate that RNA silencing may be a significant limitation to expression of genes in the Agrobacterium-mediated transient assay but that this limitation can be overcome by using RNA silencing suppressors. ..
- Keller J, Huang F, Zhu H, Yu J, Ho Y, Kindy T. Oxidative stress-associated impairment of proteasome activity during ischemia-reperfusion injury. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2000;20:1467-73 pubmed..Together, these data indicate that proteasome inhibition occurs during cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury and is mediated, at least in part, by oxidative stress. ..
- Guo X, Lin Y, Horbinski C, Drahushuk K, Kim I, Kaplan P, et al. Dendritic growth induced by BMP-7 requires Smad1 and proteasome activity. J Neurobiol. 2001;48:120-30 pubmed..These data indicate that BMP-induced dendritic growth requires Smad1 activation and involves proteasome-mediated degradation events. ..
- Verma R, McDonald H, Yates J, Deshaies R. Selective degradation of ubiquitinated Sic1 by purified 26S proteasome yields active S phase cyclin-Cdk. Mol Cell. 2001;8:439-48 pubmed..Activation of S-Cdk reported herein represents a complete reconstitution of the regulatory switch underlying the G1/S transition in budding yeast. ..
- Kim Y, Lovell S, Tiew K, Mandadapu S, Alliston K, Battaile K, et al. Broad-spectrum antivirals against 3C or 3C-like proteases of picornaviruses, noroviruses, and coronaviruses. J Virol. 2012;86:11754-62 pubmed publisher..We conclude that these compounds have the potential to be developed as antiviral therapeutics aimed at a single virus or multiple viruses in the picornavirus-like supercluster by targeting 3Cpro or 3CLpro. ..
- Tong C, Morrison A, Mattison S, Qian S, Bryniarski M, Rankin B, et al. Impaired SIRT1 nucleocytoplasmic shuttling in the senescent heart during ischemic stress. FASEB J. 2013;27:4332-42 pubmed publisher..Therefore, impaired cardiac SIRT1 activity plays a critical role in the observed increase in susceptibility of the aged heart to I/R injury. SIRT1 agonist can restore this aging-related loss of cardioprotection. ..
- Nuro Gyina P, Parvin J. Roles for SUMO in pre-mRNA processing. Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA. 2016;7:105-12 pubmed publisher..WIREs RNA 2016, 7:105-112. doi: 10.1002/wrna.1318 For further resources related to this article, please visit the WIREs website. ..
- Wojcikiewicz R, Ernst S, Yule D. Secretagogues cause ubiquitination and down-regulation of inositol 1, 4,5-trisphosphate receptors in rat pancreatic acinar cells. Gastroenterology. 1999;116:1194-201 pubmed..Loss of these proteins may account for the disruption of Ca2+ mobilization that occurs in models of acute pancreatitis, and may contribute to cell adaptation under physiological conditions. ..
- Blanchard F, Wang Y, Kinzie E, Duplomb L, Godard A, Baumann H. Oncostatin M regulates the synthesis and turnover of gp130, leukemia inhibitory factor receptor alpha, and oncostatin M receptor beta by distinct mechanisms. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47038-45 pubmed..Proteosomal degradation appears to involve a fraction of receptor subunit proteins that are ubiquitinated independently of ligand binding. ..
- Brubaker K, Vessella R, True L, Thomas R, Corey E. Cathepsin K mRNA and protein expression in prostate cancer progression. J Bone Miner Res. 2003;18:222-30 pubmed..We hypothesize that CaP-expressed cat K may contribute to the invasive potential of CaP, while increased expression in bone metastases is consistent with a role in matrix degradation. ..
- Losick V, Schlax P, Emmons R, Lawson T. Signals in hepatitis A virus P3 region proteins recognized by the ubiquitin-mediated proteolytic system. Virology. 2003;309:306-19 pubmed
- Schlax P, Zhang J, Lewis E, Planchart A, Lawson T. Degradation of the encephalomyocarditis virus and hepatitis A virus 3C proteases by the ubiquitin/26S proteasome system in vivo. Virology. 2007;360:350-63 pubmed..The absence of polyubiquitinated EMCV 3C protease conjugates in nuclear fraction preparations suggests that localization to the nucleus can protect this protein from ubiquitination. ..
- Amacher J, Cushing P, Weiner J, Madden D. Crystallization and preliminary diffraction analysis of the CAL PDZ domain in complex with a selective peptide inhibitor. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2011;67:600-3 pubmed publisher..9, b = 47.7, c = 97.3 Å, is reported. The crystals diffracted to 1.4 Å resolution. Based on the calculated Matthews coefficient (1.96 Å(3) Da(-1)), it appears that the asymmetric unit contains two complexes. ..
- Sol Church K, Frenck J, Mason R. Mouse cathepsin M, a placenta-specific lysosomal cysteine protease related to cathepsins L and P. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1491:289-94 pubmed..This is in contrast to human cathepsins L and V, which probably resulted from a gene duplication after divergence of mammalian species. ..
- Xie Y, Varshavsky A. RPN4 is a ligand, substrate, and transcriptional regulator of the 26S proteasome: a negative feedback circuit. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:3056-61 pubmed
- Fortun J, Dunn W, Joy S, Li J, Notterpek L. Emerging role for autophagy in the removal of aggresomes in Schwann cells. J Neurosci. 2003;23:10672-80 pubmed..Our results provide evidence for the involvement of the proteasome pathway in TrJ neuropathy and for the role of autophagy in the clearance of aggresomes. ..
- Mlotshwa S, Schauer S, Smith T, Mallory A, Herr J, Roth B, et al. Ectopic DICER-LIKE1 expression in P1/HC-Pro Arabidopsis rescues phenotypic anomalies but not defects in microRNA and silencing pathways. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2873-85 pubmed..These data suggest that P1/HC-Pro defects in development do not result from general impairments in small RNA pathways and raise the possibility that DCL1 participates in processes in addition to miRNA biogenesis. ..
- Snyder H, Mensah K, Theisler C, Lee J, Matouschek A, Wolozin B. Aggregated and monomeric alpha-synuclein bind to the S6' proteasomal protein and inhibit proteasomal function. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:11753-9 pubmed..These studies suggest that proteasomal inhibition by aggregated alpha-synuclein could be mediated by interaction with S6'. ..
- Feng L, Guedes S, Wang T. Atrophin-1-interacting protein 4/human Itch is a ubiquitin E3 ligase for human enhancer of filamentation 1 in transforming growth factor-beta signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29681-90 pubmed..These findings reveal a new mechanism for Smad3-regulated proteasomal degradation events and also broaden the network of cross-talk between the TGF-beta signaling pathway and those involving HEF1 and AIP4. ..
- Gaspar A, Ton That H. Assembly of distinct pilus structures on the surface of Corynebacterium diphtheriae. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:1526-33 pubmed..Thus, SpaD, SpaE, and SpaF constitute a different pilus structure that is independently assembled and morphologically distinct from the SpaABC pili and possibly other pili of C. diphtheriae. ..
- Callahan M, Wohlfert E, Menoret A, Srivastava P. Heat shock up-regulates lmp2 and lmp7 and enhances presentation of immunoproteasome-dependent epitopes. J Immunol. 2006;177:8393-9 pubmed..These findings show a novel immunological sequel to the cellular response to stress that may play a key role during fever or other homeostatic perturbations. ..
- Petrucelli L, O Farrell C, Lockhart P, Baptista M, Kehoe K, Vink L, et al. Parkin protects against the toxicity associated with mutant alpha-synuclein: proteasome dysfunction selectively affects catecholaminergic neurons. Neuron. 2002;36:1007-19 pubmed..Therefore, parkin and alpha-synuclein are linked by common effects on a pathway associated with selective cell death in catecholaminergic neurons. ..
- Merrick J, Osman A, Tsai J, Quackenbush J, LoVerde P, Lee N. The Schistosoma mansoni gene index: gene discovery and biology by reconstruction and analysis of expressed gene sequences. J Parasitol. 2003;89:261-9 pubmed..The utility of EST analysis is demonstrated by identifying new protease genes, which may be involved in hemoglobin degradation. ..
- Row B, Kheirandish L, Li R, Guo S, Brittian K, Hardy M, et al. Platelet-activating factor receptor-deficient mice are protected from experimental sleep apnea-induced learning deficits. J Neurochem. 2004;89:189-96 pubmed..Collectively, these findings indicate that inflammatory signaling and neurobehavioral impairments induced by IH are mediated through PAF receptors. ..
- Hwang Y, Chen W, Yates M. Use of fluorescence resonance energy transfer for rapid detection of enteroviral infection in vivo. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:3710-5 pubmed..This allows the rapid (within 7.5 h) detection of very low numbers (10 PFU or fewer) of infectious enteroviruses. ..
- Zimny J, Sikora M, Guranowski A, Jakubowski H. Protective mechanisms against homocysteine toxicity: the role of bleomycin hydrolase. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:22485-92 pubmed..Our data suggest that BLH protects cells against Hcy toxicity by hydrolyzing intracellular Hcy-thiolactone. ..
- Kim D, Calvert J, Chang K, Horlen K, Kerrigan M, Rowland R. Expression and stability of foreign tags inserted into nsp2 of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV). Virus Res. 2007;128:106-14 pubmed..Sequencing of a fluorescent-negative EGFP virus showed that the EGFP remained intact, except for the appearance of arginine to cysteine mutation at position 96, which may interfere with chromophore formation or function. ..
- Whitman S, Dutch R. Surface density of the Hendra G protein modulates Hendra F protein-promoted membrane fusion: role for Hendra G protein trafficking and degradation. Virology. 2007;363:419-29 pubmed..Our results also showed that Hendra G protein levels are modulated by both more rapid protein turnover and slower protein trafficking than is seen for Hendra F. ..
- Swaminathan A, Mandlik A, Swierczynski A, Gaspar A, Das A, Ton That H. Housekeeping sortase facilitates the cell wall anchoring of pilus polymers in Corynebacterium diphtheriae. Mol Microbiol. 2007;66:961-74 pubmed
- Dewoody R, Merritt P, Marketon M. Regulation of the Yersinia type III secretion system: traffic control. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2013;3:4 pubmed publisher..We also propose models whereby the YopK regulator communicates with the basal body of the T3SS to control translocation. ..
- Herren B, Levkau B, Raines E, Ross R. Cleavage of beta-catenin and plakoglobin and shedding of VE-cadherin during endothelial apoptosis: evidence for a role for caspases and metalloproteinases. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:1589-601 pubmed
- Singh B, Hayes G, Lucas J, Beach D, Gilbert R. In vitro cytopathic effects of a cysteine protease of Tritrichomonas foetus on cultured bovine uterine epithelial cells. Am J Vet Res. 2005;66:1181-6 pubmed..To evaluate the cytopathic effects of Tritrichomonas foetus and a purified cysteine protease (ie, CP30) of T foetus on cultured bovine uterine epithelial cells (BUECs) in vitro...
- Timoney J, Yang J, Liu J, Merant C. IdeE reduces the bactericidal activity of equine neutrophils for Streptococcus equi. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2008;122:76-82 pubmed..Antiphagocytic activity for equine neutrophils was dose-dependent and neutralized by IdeE-specific antiserum. Biotinylated IdeE bound weakly to about 77% of purified equine neutrophils and strongly to the remainder...
- Mohan N, Karmakar S, Choudhury S, Banik N, Ray S. Bcl-2 inhibitor HA14-1 and genistein together adeptly down regulated survival factors and activated cysteine proteases for apoptosis in human malignant neuroblastoma SK-N-BE2 and SH-SY5Y cells. Brain Res. 2009;1283:155-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, combination of HA and GST could serve as a promising therapeutic strategy for increasing apoptosis in different human malignant neuroblastoma cells. ..