Experts and Doctors on cyclic peptides in Sweden
Topic: cyclic peptides
- Pohanka A, Menkis A, Levenfors J, Broberg A. Low-abundance kutznerides from Kutzneria sp. 744. J Nat Prod. 2006;69:1776-81 pubmed..The trichlorinated 2 and 8 showed the highest antimicrobial activity, whereas 6, with a hydroxylated piperazic acid unit, did not show any inhibition of the pathogens at 230 microM. ..
- Nitescu N, Grimberg E, Ricksten S, Herlitz H, Guron G. Endothelin B receptors preserve renal blood flow in a normotensive model of endotoxin-induced acute kidney dysfunction. Shock. 2008;29:402-9 pubmed..05]) in BQ-123-treated rats but did not significantly influence MAP in other groups. We conclude that in early normotensive endotoxemia, ETB receptors exert a renal vasodilator influence and contribute to maintain normal RBF. ..
- Axén A, Lindeberg G, Demaegdt H, Vauquelin G, Karlen A, Hallberg M. Cyclic insulin-regulated aminopeptidase (IRAP)/AT4 receptor ligands. J Pept Sci. 2006;12:705-13 pubmed..The cyclic constrained analogs allowed us to propose a tentative bioactive conformation of angiotensin IV and it seems that the peptide adopts an inverse gamma-turn at the C-terminal. ..
- Ahlborg G, Lindström J. Insulin sensitivity and big ET-1 conversion to ET-1 after ETA- or ETB-receptor blockade in humans. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2002;93:2112-21 pubmed..In conclusion, ET-1-induced reduction in insulin sensitivity and clearance as well as splanchnic and renal vasoconstriction are ET(A) mediated. ET(A)-receptor stimulation seems to inhibit the conversion of big ET-1 to ET-1. ..
- Goransson U, Sjögren M, Svangård E, Claeson P, Bohlin L. Reversible antifouling effect of the cyclotide cycloviolacin O2 against barnacles. J Nat Prod. 2004;67:1287-90 pubmed..Cycloviolacin O2 was isolated from the terrestrial plant Viola odorata by strong cation exchange and reversed-phase HPLC and identified by mass spectrometry following aminoethylation and enzymatic cleavage...
- Hedner E, Sjögren M, Hodzic S, Andersson R, Goransson U, Jonsson P, et al. Antifouling activity of a dibrominated cyclopeptide from the marine sponge Geodia barretti. J Nat Prod. 2008;71:330-3 pubmed publisher..barretti and which displays settlement inhibition of barnacle larvae ( Balanus improvisus) with an EC 50 value of 15 nM. The chemical structure was determined using MS and 2D-NMR...
- Björkqvist M, Bernsand M, Eliasson L, Hakanson R, Lindstrom E. Somatostatin, misoprostol and galanin inhibit gastrin- and PACAP-stimulated secretion of histamine and pancreastatin from ECL cells by blocking specific Ca2+ channels. Regul Pept. 2005;130:81-90 pubmed
- Granstam E, Granstam S, Fellstrom B, Lind L. Endothelium-dependent vasodilation in the uvea of hypertensive and normotensive rats. Curr Eye Res. 1998;17:189-96 pubmed
- Albinsson S, Nordström I, Hellstrand P. Stretch of the vascular wall induces smooth muscle differentiation by promoting actin polymerization. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34849-55 pubmed..The effect is partially, but probably not completely, mediated via Rho-associated kinase and cofilin downstream of Rho. ..
- Svangård E, Goransson U, Smith D, Verma C, Backlund A, Bohlin L, et al. Primary and 3-D modelled structures of two cyclotides from Viola odorata. Phytochemistry. 2003;64:135-42 pubmed..The images of vodo M and vodo N show amphipathic structures with considerable surface hydrophobicity for a protein modelled in a polar environment...
- Goransson U, Broussalis A, Claeson P. Expression of Viola cyclotides by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry and tandem mass spectrometry sequencing of intercysteine loops after introduction of charges and cleavage sites by aminoethylation. Anal Biochem. 2003;318:107-17 pubmed..The strategy for converting conserved cysteines to enzymatic cleavage sites might also benefit the study of other peptides and proteins displaying similar structural problems for MS analysis...
- Cejvan K, Coy D, Efendic S. Intra-islet somatostatin regulates glucagon release via type 2 somatostatin receptors in rats. Diabetes. 2003;52:1176-81 pubmed..In the two latter experimental systems, DC-41-33 had no significant effect on insulin release. In conclusion, our results strongly support the hypothesis that islet SST inhibits glucagon secretion via a local action. ..
- Lindholm P, Goransson U, Johansson S, Claeson P, Gullbo J, Larsson R, et al. Cyclotides: a novel type of cytotoxic agents. Mol Cancer Ther. 2002;1:365-9 pubmed..This, together with the exceptional chemical and biological stability of cyclotides, makes them interesting in particular for their potential as pharmacological tools and possibly as leads to antitumor agents...
- Prusis P, Schioth H, Muceniece R, Herzyk P, Afshar M, Hubbard R, et al. Modeling of the three-dimensional structure of the human melanocortin 1 receptor, using an automated method and docking of a rigid cyclic melanocyte-stimulating hormone core peptide. J Mol Graph Model. 1997;15:307-17, 334 pubmed