Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cultured cells in Germany
Topic: cultured cells
Publications304 found, 100 shown here
- Lendeckel U, Arndt M, Wolke C, Reinhold D, Kahne T, Ansorge S. Inhibition of human leukocyte function, alanyl aminopeptidase (APN, CD13) and dipeptidylpeptidase IV (DP IV, CD26) enzymatic activities by aqueous extracts of Cistus incanus L. ssp. incanus. J Ethnopharmacol. 2002;79:221-7 pubmed..Data are presented suggesting that the antiproliferative effects of CIT extracts are due to their strong cytotoxic activity...
- Stucky C, Rossi J, Airaksinen M, Lewin G. GFR alpha2/neurturin signalling regulates noxious heat transduction in isolectin B4-binding mouse sensory neurons. J Physiol. 2002;545:43-50 pubmed..Our data are the first to indicate a transduction-function role for GFR alpha2/neurturin signalling in a specific class of sensory neurons. ..
- Siegel Axel D, Runge H, Seipel L, Riessen R. Effects of cerivastatin on human arterial smooth muscle cell growth and extracellular matrix expression at varying glucose and low-density lipoprotein levels. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2003;41:422-33 pubmed..Increased LDL and glucose levels, as in diabetes, do not mitigate the beneficial effects of cerivastatin on cell growth and ECM formation in vitro. ..
- Fueller M, Wang D, Tigyi G, Siess W. Activation of human monocytic cells by lysophosphatidic acid and sphingosine-1-phosphate. Cell Signal. 2003;15:367-75 pubmed..Our study is the first report showing the receptor-mediated activation of human monocytic cells by low nanomolar concentrations of LPA and S1P, and suggests a role of these lipid mediators in inflammation and atherogenesis. ..
- Kann O, Schuchmann S, Buchheim K, Heinemann U. Coupling of neuronal activity and mitochondrial metabolism as revealed by NAD(P)H fluorescence signals in organotypic hippocampal slice cultures of the rat. Neuroscience. 2003;119:87-100 pubmed
- Guenzi E, Töpolt K, Lubeseder Martellato C, Jörg A, Naschberger E, Benelli R, et al. The guanylate binding protein-1 GTPase controls the invasive and angiogenic capability of endothelial cells through inhibition of MMP-1 expression. EMBO J. 2003;22:3772-82 pubmed..These findings substantiate the role of GBP-1 as a major regulator of the anti-angiogenic response of ECs to ICs. ..
- Spiliotis M, Tappe D, Sesterhenn L, Brehm K. Long-term in vitro cultivation of Echinococcus multilocularis metacestodes under axenic conditions. Parasitol Res. 2004;92:430-2 pubmed..On the basis of this in vitro system, future analyses on the identification of host-derived growth factors for E. multilocularis will be greatly facilitated. ..
- Zwermann O, Beuschlein F, Lalli E, Klink A, Sassone Corsi P, Reincke M. Clinical and molecular evidence for DAX-1 inhibition of steroidogenic factor-1-dependent ACTH receptor gene expression. Eur J Endocrinol. 2005;152:769-76 pubmed..These data support the concept that DAX-1 is a major repressor of ACTH-R gene expression in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Bek M, Bayer M, Muller B, Greiber S, Lang D, Schwab A, et al. Expression and function of C/EBP homology protein (GADD153) in podocytes. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:20-32 pubmed..Our data suggest that CHOP-via increased ROS generation-regulates cell-matrix adhesion of podocytes in glomerular disease. ..
- Grimmer C, Balbus N, Lang U, Aigner T, Cramer T, Müller L, et al. Regulation of type II collagen synthesis during osteoarthritis by prolyl-4-hydroxylases: possible influence of low oxygen levels. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:491-502 pubmed
- Neumeier M, Sigruener A, Eggenhofer E, Weigert J, Weiss T, Schaeffler A, et al. High molecular weight adiponectin reduces apolipoprotein B and E release in human hepatocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;352:543-8 pubmed..Therefore it is concluded that HMW-adiponectin may ameliorate dyslipidaemia by reducing the hepatic release of ApoB and ApoE, whereas ABCA1 function and ApoA-I secretion are not influenced. ..
- Baer P, Geiger H. Human renal cells from the thick ascending limb and early distal tubule: characterization of primary isolated and cultured cells by reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction. Nephrology (Carlton). 2008;13:316-21 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the purity of primary isolates and the differentiation of cultured TALDC, and show that they can be used as an in vitro system studies of the human thick ascending limb of Henle's loop and early distal tubule. ..
- Stocca G, Schmidt Hieber C, Bischofberger J. Differential dendritic Ca2+ signalling in young and mature hippocampal granule cells. J Physiol. 2008;586:3795-811 pubmed publisher..This will finally support differentiation and integration of young neurons into the hippocampal network. ..
- Shakibaei M, Csaki C, Nebrich S, Mobasheri A. Resveratrol suppresses interleukin-1beta-induced inflammatory signaling and apoptosis in human articular chondrocytes: potential for use as a novel nutraceutical for the treatment of osteoarthritis. Biochem Pharmacol. 2008;76:1426-39 pubmed publisher..We propose that resveratrol should be explored further for the prophylactic treatment of osteoarthritis in humans and companion animals. ..
- Schmitz F, Heit A, Dreher S, Eisenächer K, Mages J, Haas T, et al. Mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) orchestrates the defense program of innate immune cells. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:2981-92 pubmed publisher..We have identified mTOR as indispensable component of PRR signal pathways, which orchestrates the defense program of innate immune cells. ..
- Michele M, Faissner A. Tenascin-C stimulates contactin-dependent neurite outgrowth via activation of phospholipase C. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;41:397-408 pubmed publisher..Digital video microscopy studies revealed that increase of fiber length was caused by an augmentation of growth cone velocity. ..
- Leifeld L, Kothe S, Sohl G, Hesse M, Sauerbruch T, Magin T, et al. Keratin 18 provides resistance to Fas-mediated liver failure in mice. Eur J Clin Invest. 2009;39:481-8 pubmed publisher..Importantly, however, K18 exerts significant protective functions by other mechanisms. ..
- Vogel B, Full F, Biesinger B, Linden C, Alberter B, Ensser A. Episomal replication timing of gamma-herpesviruses in latently infected cells. Virology. 2010;400:207-14 pubmed publisher..Both gammaherpesviruses replicated very early in S-phase, together with cellular euchromatin. Our work suggests that early S-phase DNA replication is a general characteristic of episomal herpesviral genomes...
- Zoidl G, Blass Kampmann S, D Urso D, Schmalenbach C, Muller H. Retroviral-mediated gene transfer of the peripheral myelin protein PMP22 in Schwann cells: modulation of cell growth. EMBO J. 1995;14:1122-8 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Lang M, Treinies I, Duesberg P, Kurth R, Cichutek K. Development of transforming function during transduction of proto-ras into Harvey sarcoma virus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:654-8 pubmed..During the genesis of Harvey sarcoma virus, critical steps conferring transforming function are therefore transduction of coding proto-ras exons and enhancement of their transforming function by specific amino acid changes in p21ras...
- Petersen F, Bock L, Flad H, Brandt E. Platelet factor 4-induced neutrophil-endothelial cell interaction: involvement of mechanisms and functional consequences different from those elicited by interleukin-8. Blood. 1999;94:4020-8 pubmed..Our results suggest a role for PF-4 in the promotion of PMN-EC interaction that is virtually different from that exhibited by other CXC-chemokines such as IL-8. ..
- Toes R, Nussbaum A, Degermann S, Schirle M, Emmerich N, Kraft M, et al. Discrete cleavage motifs of constitutive and immunoproteasomes revealed by quantitative analysis of cleavage products. J Exp Med. 2001;194:1-12 pubmed
- Fischer W, Franke H, Scheibler P, Allgaier C, Illes P. AMPA-induced Ca(2+) influx in cultured rat cortical nonpyramidal neurones: pharmacological characterization using fura-2 microfluorimetry. Eur J Pharmacol. 2002;438:53-62 pubmed
- Weber B, Schrewe H, Molday L, Gehrig A, White K, Seeliger M, et al. Inactivation of the murine X-linked juvenile retinoschisis gene, Rs1h, suggests a role of retinoschisin in retinal cell layer organization and synaptic structure. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:6222-7 pubmed
- Gauczynski S, Krasemann S, Bodemer W, Weiss S. Recombinant human prion protein mutants huPrP D178N/M129 (FFI) and huPrP+9OR (fCJD) reveal proteinase K resistance. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4025-36 pubmed..All FLAG-tagged prion proteins were expressed efficiently in BHK cells and showed a typical glycosylation pattern, allowing their rapid and simple purification via anti-FLAG antibody chromatography. ..
- Franzen R, Fabbro D, Aschrafi A, Pfeilschifter J, Huwiler A. Nitric oxide induces degradation of the neutral ceramidase in rat renal mesangial cells and is counterregulated by protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:46184-90 pubmed..These novel regulatory interactions will provide therapeutically valuable information to target neutral ceramidase stability and subsequent ceramide accumulation. ..
- Luchtefeld M, Drexler H, Schieffer B. 5-Lipoxygenase is involved in the angiotensin II-induced NAD(P)H-oxidase activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;308:668-72 pubmed..In conclusion, the present study demonstrates that ANG II enhances LTB(4)-formation in an 5-LOX dependent manner. LTB(4) activates the vascular type NAD(P)H-oxidase, leading to an increase in IL-6 transcripts. ..
- Metzen E, Zhou J, Jelkmann W, Fandrey J, Brüne B. Nitric oxide impairs normoxic degradation of HIF-1alpha by inhibition of prolyl hydroxylases. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3470-81 pubmed..We conclude that GSNO-attenuated prolyl hydroxylase activity accounts for HIF-1alpha accumulation under conditions of NO formation during normoxia and that PHD activity is subject to regulation by NO. ..
- Hofer T, Bitterle E, Beck Speier I, Maier K, Frankenberger M, Heyder J, et al. Diesel exhaust particles increase LPS-stimulated COX-2 expression and PGE2 production in human monocytes. J Leukoc Biol. 2004;75:856-64 pubmed..Our data suggest that UFP such as DEP may exert anti-inflammatory effects mediated by enhanced PGE(2) production. ..
- Perales M, Eubel H, Heinemeyer J, Colaneri A, Zabaleta E, Braun H. Disruption of a nuclear gene encoding a mitochondrial gamma carbonic anhydrase reduces complex I and supercomplex I + III2 levels and alters mitochondrial physiology in Arabidopsis. J Mol Biol. 2005;350:263-77 pubmed..In summary, At1g47260 is important for complex I assembly in plant mitochondria and respiration. A role of At1g47260 in mitochondrial one-carbon metabolism is supported by micro-array analyses. ..
- Bohm M, Eickelmann M, Li Z, Schneider S, Oji V, Diederichs S, et al. Detection of functionally active melanocortin receptors and evidence for an immunoregulatory activity of alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone in human dermal papilla cells. Endocrinology. 2005;146:4635-46 pubmed
- Esua M, Rauwald J. Novel bioactive maloyl glucans from aloe vera gel: isolation, structure elucidation and in vitro bioassays. Carbohydr Res. 2006;341:355-64 pubmed..This is the first time that two fully chemically characterized compounds are shown to be responsible for known biological activities of aloe vera gel. ..
- Klein M, Klein Hessling S, Palmetshofer A, Serfling E, Tertilt C, Bopp T, et al. Specific and redundant roles for NFAT transcription factors in the expression of mast cell-derived cytokines. J Immunol. 2006;177:6667-74 pubmed..These results support the view that high NFAT activity is necessary for TNF-alpha and IL-13 promoter induction in MC, irrespective of whether NFATc2 or NFATc1 or a combination of both is present. ..
- Weiland C, Ahr H, Vohr H, Ellinger Ziegelbauer H. Characterization of primary rat proximal tubular cells by gene expression analysis. Toxicol In Vitro. 2007;21:466-91 pubmed..The data represented here may help to evaluate the in vivo relevance of results obtained with this in vitro model. ..
- Adamkiewicz J, Kaddatz K, Rieck M, Wilke B, Müller Brüsselbach S, Muller R. Proteomic profile of mouse fibroblasts with a targeted disruption of the peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-beta/delta gene. Proteomics. 2007;7:1208-16 pubmed
- Schneiders F, Maertens B, Böse K, Li Y, Brunken W, Paulsson M, et al. Binding of netrin-4 to laminin short arms regulates basement membrane assembly. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23750-8 pubmed..When added to explant cultures, netrin-4 retards salivary gland branching morphogenesis. ..
- Rühland C, Schonherr E, Robenek H, Hansen U, Iozzo R, Bruckner P, et al. The glycosaminoglycan chain of decorin plays an important role in collagen fibril formation at the early stages of fibrillogenesis. FEBS J. 2007;274:4246-55 pubmed..These data show that at early stages of fibrillogenesis, the glycosaminoglycan chain of decorin has a reducing effect on collagen fibril diameter. ..
- Yoeruek E, Spitzer M, Tatar O, Aisenbrey S, Bartz Schmidt K, Szurman P. Safety profile of bevacizumab on cultured human corneal cells. Cornea. 2007;26:977-82 pubmed..Bevacizumab is not toxic to corneal cells of human origin in vitro at doses usually used for treatment of corneal neovascularization, which is 20-fold higher than that used for intravitreal application. ..
- Kalbe C, Mau M, Rehfeldt C. Developmental changes and the impact of isoflavones on mRNA expression of IGF-I receptor, EGF receptor and related growth factors in porcine skeletal muscle cell cultures. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2008;18:424-33 pubmed publisher..Genistein and daidzein at high concentration (100 microM) reduced the mRNA expression of the IGF-I receptor and the growth factors examined, and therefore, may modify their autocrine and paracrine actions in skeletal muscle tissue. ..
- Lagadari M, Lehmann K, Ziemer M, Truta Feles K, Berod L, Idzko M, et al. Sphingosine-1-phosphate inhibits the cytotoxic activity of NK cells via Gs protein-mediated signalling. Int J Oncol. 2009;34:287-94 pubmed..Our data indicate that S1P may contributes to the tumor escape from NK cell-dependent immunological surveillance machinery. ..
- Mueller C, Thorwarth M, Schultze Mosgau S. Angiogenic gene-modified fibroblasts for induction of localized angiogenesis. J Surg Res. 2010;160:340-8 pubmed publisher..Such ex vivo gene therapy is safe and efficient. Its suitability should be further evaluated in more complex flap models, for example the transfer of a free myocutaneous gracilis flap in the pre-irradiated neck region. ..
- Klokkers J, Langehanenberg P, Kemper B, Kosmeier S, von Bally G, Riethmuller C, et al. Atrial natriuretic peptide and nitric oxide signaling antagonizes vasopressin-mediated water permeability in inner medullary collecting duct cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F693-703 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we show that the diuretic action of ANP or NO in the IMCD involves a decreased localization of AQP2 in the plasma membrane which is mediated by cGMP and PKG. ..
- Feisst C, Pergola C, Rakonjac M, Rossi A, Koeberle A, Dodt G, et al. Hyperforin is a novel type of 5-lipoxygenase inhibitor with high efficacy in vivo. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2009;66:2759-71 pubmed publisher..Together, hyperforin is a novel type of 5-LO inhibitor apparently acting by interference with the C2-like domain, with high effectiveness in vivo. ..
- Heimes K, Feistel B, Verspohl E. Impact of the 5-HT3 receptor channel system for insulin secretion and interaction of ginger extracts. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;624:58-65 pubmed publisher..It may be concluded that serotonin and in particular the 5-HT(3) receptor channel system are involved in modulating insulin release and that tropisetron and various ginger extracts can be used to improve a diabetic situation. ..
- Woelfle U, Simon Haarhaus B, Merfort I, Schempp C. Reseda luteola L. extract displays antiproliferative and pro-apoptotic activities that are related to its major flavonoids. Phytother Res. 2010;24:1033-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Reseda extract is an interesting raw material not only for dyeing purposes but also for further pharmacological investigation...
- Zou Y, Muller W, Gu H, Rajewsky K. Cre-loxP-mediated gene replacement: a mouse strain producing humanized antibodies. Curr Biol. 1994;4:1099-103 pubmed..Cre-loxP-mediated gene replacement is a simple and efficient general method of targeted mutagenesis in the mouse. ..
- Kleene R, Dartsch H, Kern H. The secretory lectin ZG16p mediates sorting of enzyme proteins to the zymogen granule membrane in pancreatic acinar cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 1999;78:79-90 pubmed..We conclude that ZG16p may act as a linker molecule between the submembranous matrix on the luminal side of ZGM and aggregated secretory proteins during granule formation in the TGN. ..
- Ernsberger U, Reissmann E, Mason I, Rohrer H. The expression of dopamine beta-hydroxylase, tyrosine hydroxylase, and Phox2 transcription factors in sympathetic neurons: evidence for common regulation during noradrenergic induction and diverging regulation later in development. Mech Dev. 2000;92:169-77 pubmed..The time course of Phox2a and 2b expression suggests an evolutionary conserved role in noradrenergic induction. In addition, Phox2a, Phox2b, and c-ret may be involved in the differentiation of cholinergic sympathetic neurons. ..
- Schroder R, Fürst D, Klasen C, Reimann J, Herrmann H, van der Ven P. Association of plectin with Z-discs is a prerequisite for the formation of the intermyofibrillar desmin cytoskeleton. Lab Invest. 2000;80:455-64 pubmed..We conclude that the association of plectin with Z-discs is an early event in the lateral alignment of myofibrils that precedes the formation of the intermyofibrillar desmin cytoskeleton. ..
- Franzen R, Pautz A, Bräutigam L, Geisslinger G, Pfeilschifter J, Huwiler A. Interleukin-1beta induces chronic activation and de novo synthesis of neutral ceramidase in renal mesangial cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:35382-9 pubmed..Neutral ceramidase may thus represent a novel cytoprotective enzyme for mesangial cells exposed to inflammatory stress conditions. ..
- Pirlich M, Müller C, Sandig G, Jakstadt M, Sitte N, Lochs H, et al. Increased proteolysis after single-dose exposure with hepatotoxins in HepG2 cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2002;33:283-91 pubmed..In conclusion single-dose exposure with ethanol or haloalkanes causes increased protein oxidation followed by an increased proteasome-dependent protein degradation in human liver cells. ..
- van Zandbergen G, Hermann N, Laufs H, Solbach W, Laskay T. Leishmania promastigotes release a granulocyte chemotactic factor and induce interleukin-8 release but inhibit gamma interferon-inducible protein 10 production by neutrophil granulocytes. Infect Immun. 2002;70:4177-84 pubmed..On the other hand, the inhibition of IP-10 production can lead to prevention of NK cell activation. ..
- Kusov Y, Gosert R, Gauss Muller V. Replication and in vivo repair of the hepatitis A virus genome lacking the poly(A) tail. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:1363-8 pubmed..These data suggest that the 3' poly(A) tail of HAV can be restored with the help of a cellular and/or viral function that is regulated during the cell cycle. ..
- Storre J, Schäfer A, Reichert N, Barbero J, Hauser S, Eilers M, et al. Silencing of the meiotic genes SMC1beta and STAG3 in somatic cells by E2F6. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41380-6 pubmed..Our findings suggest a molecular mechanism for the stable transcriptional silencing of meiotic genes in somatic cells by E2F6. ..
- Gärtner D, Hoff H, Gimsa U, Burmester G, Brunner Weinzierl M. CD25 regulatory T cells determine secondary but not primary remission in EAE: impact on long-term disease progression. J Neuroimmunol. 2006;172:73-84 pubmed..These results indicate that the cellular composition during first attack of MS predicts long-term disease progression. ..
- Neuhaus P, Jaschinsky B, Schneider S, Neuhaus H, Wolter A, Ebelt H, et al. Overexpression of Kelch domain containing-2 (mKlhdc2) inhibits differentiation and directed migration of C2C12 myoblasts. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:3049-59 pubmed..Our results suggest that a tightly controlled expression of mKlhdc2 is essential for a faithful execution of the myogenic differentiation and migration program. ..
- Weinmann L, Wischhusen J, Demma M, Naumann U, Roth P, Dasmahapatra B, et al. A novel p53 rescue compound induces p53-dependent growth arrest and sensitises glioma cells to Apo2L/TRAIL-induced apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:718-29 pubmed publisher..0 are sensitive to siRNA-mediated downregulation of p53. Thus this new p53 rescue compound may open up novel perspectives for the treatment of cancers currently considered resistant to the therapeutic induction of apoptosis. ..
- Milenkovic V, Brockmann M, Meyer C, Desch M, Schweda F, Kurtz A, et al. Regulation of the renin expression in the retinal pigment epithelium by systemic stimuli. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F396-403 pubmed publisher..In summary, we conclude that the renin expression in cells of the blood/retina barrier is influenced by the systemic RAS. ANG II circulating in the plasma is likely a mediator of this influence. ..
- Willbold E, Layer P. Butyrylcholinesterase regulates laminar retinogenesis of the chick embryo in vitro. Eur J Cell Biol. 1994;64:192-9 pubmed..Moreover, AChE is almost fully diminished in these areas. The results further demonstrate novel roles of cholinesterases during laminar histogenesis of coherent neural networks in vitro. ..
- Plenz G, Kugler S, Schnittger S, Rieder H, Fonatsch C, Muller P. The human vigilin gene: identification, chromosomal localization and expression pattern. Hum Genet. 1994;93:575-82 pubmed..4 kb is transcribed from the human vigilin gene. In accordance with previous observations on chicken mRNA, the expression of the human vigilin mRNA depends on the stage of cytodifferentiation both in vitro and in situ. ..
- Lechmann M, Krooshoop D, Dudziak D, Kremmer E, Kuhnt C, Figdor C, et al. The extracellular domain of CD83 inhibits dendritic cell-mediated T cell stimulation and binds to a ligand on dendritic cells. J Exp Med. 2001;194:1813-21 pubmed..This is the first report regarding functional aspects of CD83 and the binding of CD83 to DCs. ..
- Goldmann T, Wiedorn K, Kuhl H, Olert J, Branscheid D, Pechkovsky D, et al. Assessment of transcriptional gene activity in situ by application of HOPE-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues. Pathol Res Pract. 2002;198:91-5 pubmed..To sum up, these initial results, obtained with the novel HOPE-fixative, are promising as regards the enhancement of the capabilities of in situ hybridization in the future. ..
- May A, Kälsch T, Massberg S, Herouy Y, Schmidt R, Gawaz M. Engagement of glycoprotein IIb/IIIa (alpha(IIb)beta3) on platelets upregulates CD40L and triggers CD40L-dependent matrix degradation by endothelial cells. Circulation. 2002;106:2111-7 pubmed..Effective anti-GP IIb/IIIa or anti-CD40L strategies might, therefore, contribute to plaque stabilization. ..
- Hofbauer K, Gess B, Lohaus C, Meyer H, Katschinski D, Kurtz A. Oxygen tension regulates the expression of a group of procollagen hydroxylases. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:4515-22 pubmed..Strong indirect evidence, moreover, suggests that the expression of these enzymes during hypoxia is coordinated by HIF-1. ..
- Samnick S, Scheuer C, Münks S, El Gibaly A, Menger M, Kirsch C. Technetium-99m labeled 1-(4-fluorobenzyl)-4-(2-mercapto-2-methyl-4-azapentyl)-4-(2-mercapto-2-methylpropylamino)-piperidine and iodine-123 metaiodobenzylguanidine for studying cardiac adrenergic function: a comparison of the uptake characteristics in. Nucl Med Biol. 2004;31:511-22 pubmed..These data indicate that (99m)Tc-FBPBAT, like (123)I-MIBG, may be suitable for mapping cardiac adrenergic innervation by SPET, especially for alpha(1)/beta(1)-adrenoceptors as target in numerous heart diseases. ..
- Wu Y, Adam S, Hamann L, Heine H, Ulmer A, Buwitt Beckmann U, et al. Accumulation of inhibitory kappaB-alpha as a mechanism contributing to the anti-inflammatory effects of surfactant protein-A. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2004;31:587-94 pubmed..The data suggest that anti-inflammatory effects of SP-A on LPS-challenged AMs are associated with a SP-A-mediated direct modulation of the IkappaB-alpha turnover in these cells. ..
- Pawlak J, Karolczak M, Krust A, Chambon P, Beyer C. Estrogen receptor-alpha is associated with the plasma membrane of astrocytes and coupled to the MAP/Src-kinase pathway. Glia. 2005;50:270-5 pubmed..The physiological consequence of this phenomenon is not yet understood, but it might have a pivotal role in estrogen-mediated protective effects on midbrain dopamine neurons. ..
- Gärtner A, Polnau D, Staiger V, Sciarretta C, Minichiello L, Thoenen H, et al. Hippocampal long-term potentiation is supported by presynaptic and postsynaptic tyrosine receptor kinase B-mediated phospholipase Cgamma signaling. J Neurosci. 2006;26:3496-504 pubmed..Blockade of presynaptic or postsynaptic signaling alone did not result in a significant reduction of LTP. ..
- Mohamed S, Hanke T, Erasmi A, Bechtel M, Scharfschwerdt M, Meissner C, et al. Mitochondrial DNA deletions and the aging heart. Exp Gerontol. 2006;41:508-17 pubmed..Since, apoptosis was induced by the mitochondria-mediated pathway only in transformed cells, the role for apoptosis in normal tissue of the aging heart remains unclear. ..
- Bartz H, Avalos N, Baetz A, Heeg K, Dalpke A. Involvement of suppressors of cytokine signaling in toll-like receptor-mediated block of dendritic cell differentiation. Blood. 2006;108:4102-8 pubmed..The results indicate that TLR stimulation during the period of DC generation interferes with and deviates DC differentiation and that these effects are mediated particularly by SOCS-1. ..
- Sano T, Becker D, Ivashikina N, Wegner L, Zimmermann U, Roelfsema M, et al. Plant cells must pass a K+ threshold to re-enter the cell cycle. Plant J. 2007;50:401-13 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, turgor regulation through modulation of K(+) channel density in plant cell division and cell-cycle progression is discussed...
- Steinkamp Fenske K, Bollinger L, Völler N, Xu H, Yao Y, Bauer R, et al. Ursolic acid from the Chinese herb danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza L.) upregulates eNOS and downregulates Nox4 expression in human endothelial cells. Atherosclerosis. 2007;195:e104-11 pubmed..This in turn could mediate some of the beneficial effects of danshen. Ursolic acid is a prototypical compound responsible for this effect of the plant. ..
- Gressner O, Lahme B, Demirci I, Gressner A, Weiskirchen R. Differential effects of TGF-beta on connective tissue growth factor (CTGF/CCN2) expression in hepatic stellate cells and hepatocytes. J Hepatol. 2007;47:699-710 pubmed..The results do not reveal a relevant interrelation between TGF-beta function and CTGF/CCN2 expression in hepatic stellate cells, which is in contrast to hepatocytes. ..
- Schroeder P, Popp R, Wiegand B, Altschmied J, Haendeler J. Nuclear redox-signaling is essential for apoptosis inhibition in endothelial cells--important role for nuclear thioredoxin-1. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:2325-31 pubmed..H2O2-induced nuclear import of Trx depends on karyopherin-alpha and NO. Trx-dependent induction of GST-P1 expression is required for apoptosis inhibition in endothelial cells. ..
- Vag T, Schramm T, Kaiser W, Hilger I. Proliferating and quiescent human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs): a potential in vitro model to evaluate contrast agents for molecular imaging of angiogenesis. Contrast Media Mol Imaging. 2009;4:192-8 pubmed publisher..NIRF-imaging using the proposed model was feasible. We conclude that the presented cell model might be useful in future angiogenesis applications, like evaluating new fluorophores and other contrast media. ..
- Herpin A, Schindler D, Kraiss A, Hornung U, Winkler C, Schartl M. Inhibition of primordial germ cell proliferation by the medaka male determining gene Dmrt I bY. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:99 pubmed..In medaka, dmrt I bY mediates a mitotic arrest of PGCs in males prior to testes differentiation at the sex determination stage. This occurs possibly via a cross-talk of Sertoli cells and PGCs. ..
- Swiercz J, Kuner R, Behrens J, Offermanns S. Plexin-B1 directly interacts with PDZ-RhoGEF/LARG to regulate RhoA and growth cone morphology. Neuron. 2002;35:51-63 pubmed
- Ritzi M, Tillack K, Gerhardt J, Ott E, Humme S, Kremmer E, et al. Complex protein-DNA dynamics at the latent origin of DNA replication of Epstein-Barr virus. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3971-84 pubmed..These findings indicate that HsOrc is a dynamic complex and that its DNA binding activity is regulated differently in the various stages of the cell cycle. ..
- Fürst R, Brueckl C, Kuebler W, Zahler S, Krotz F, Gorlach A, et al. Atrial natriuretic peptide induces mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 in human endothelial cells via Rac1 and NAD(P)H oxidase/Nox2-activation. Circ Res. 2005;96:43-53 pubmed..In summary, our work provides insights into the mechanisms by which ANP induces MKP-1 and shows that ANP is a novel endogenous activator of endothelial Rac1 and Nox/Nox2. ..
- Stirnweiss J, Valkova C, Ziesché E, Drube S, Liebmann C. Muscarinic M2 receptors mediate transactivation of EGF receptor through Fyn kinase and without matrix metalloproteases. Cell Signal. 2006;18:1338-49 pubmed..This specific role of Fyn can be verified in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cells with endogenously expressed M2 receptors. ..
- Jager M, Jelinek E, Wess K, Scharfstädt A, Jacobson M, Kevy S, et al. Bone marrow concentrate: a novel strategy for bone defect treatment. Curr Stem Cell Res Ther. 2009;4:34-43 pubmed..Although strong efforts have been made over the last decade to introduce stem cell and tissue engineering treatment strategies to the field of orthopaedics, only few clinical applications are currently available...
- Schallenberg M, Charalambous P, Thanos S. GM-CSF regulates the ERK1/2 pathways and protects injured retinal ganglion cells from induced death. Exp Eye Res. 2009;89:665-77 pubmed publisher..Like in vitro, GM-CSF counteracts the staurosporine-induced cell death in vivo and protects RGCs from axotomy-induced degeneration. Our data suggest that GM-CSF might be a novel therapeutic agent in neuropathic disease of the eye. ..
- Henes J, Schmit M, Morote Garcia J, Mirakaj V, Kohler D, Glover L, et al. Inflammation-associated repression of vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein (VASP) reduces alveolar-capillary barrier function during acute lung injury. FASEB J. 2009;23:4244-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together these studies identify tissue-specific VASP as a central protein in the control of the alveolar-capillary barrier properties during ALI. ..
- Sparna T, Retey J, Schmich K, Albrecht U, Naumann K, Gretz N, et al. Genome-wide comparison between IL-17 and combined TNF-alpha/IL-17 induced genes in primary murine hepatocytes. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:226 pubmed publisher..Gene expression profile suggests IL-17 alone and in concert with TNF-alpha a role in sustaining liver inflammatory processes. IL-17 might exceed this function by RNA stabilization. ..
- Ankerhold R, Leppert C, Bastmeyer M, Stuermer C. E587 antigen is upregulated by goldfish oligodendrocytes after optic nerve lesion and supports retinal axon regeneration. Glia. 1998;23:257-70 pubmed
- Drumm K, Bauer B, Freudinger R, Gekle M. Albumin induces NF-kappaB expression in human proximal tubule-derived cells (IHKE-1). Cell Physiol Biochem. 2002;12:187-96 pubmed