Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cpg islands in Sweden
Topic: cpg islands
- Fridolfsson A, Ellegren H. Molecular evolution of the avian CHD1 genes on the Z and W sex chromosomes. Genetics. 2000;155:1903-12 pubmed..Our data are compatible with a male-biased mutation rate, manifested by the faster rate of neutral evolution (synonymous substitutions) on the Z chromosome than on the female-specific W chromosome...
- Harandi A, Eriksson K, Holmgren J. A protective role of locally administered immunostimulatory CpG oligodeoxynucleotide in a mouse model of genital herpes infection. J Virol. 2003;77:953-62 pubmed
- Van Laere A, Nguyen M, Braunschweig M, Nezer C, Collette C, Moreau L, et al. A regulatory mutation in IGF2 causes a major QTL effect on muscle growth in the pig. Nature. 2003;425:832-6 pubmed..The result supports the long-held view that regulatory mutations are important for controlling phenotypic variation. ..
- Pant V, Kurukuti S, Pugacheva E, Shamsuddin S, Mariano P, Renkawitz R, et al. Mutation of a single CTCF target site within the H19 imprinting control region leads to loss of Igf2 imprinting and complex patterns of de novo methylation upon maternal inheritance. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3497-504 pubmed..Considering many other CTCF targets, we propose that site-specific interactions between various DNA-bound CTCF molecules may provide general focal points in the organization of looped chromatin domains involved in gene regulation. ..
- Chandy A, Nurkkala M, Josefsson A, Eriksson K. Therapeutic dendritic cell vaccination with Ag coupled to cholera toxin in combination with intratumoural CpG injection leads to complete tumour eradication in mice bearing HPV 16 expressing tumours. Vaccine. 2007;25:6037-46 pubmed..These results suggest that combined treatment with CT-Ag pulsed DCs and local CpG administration offers an efficient strategy to eradicate an already existing HPV-E7 expressing tumour in mice. ..
- Djos A, Martinsson T, Kogner P, Caren H. The RASSF gene family members RASSF5, RASSF6 and RASSF7 show frequent DNA methylation in neuroblastoma. Mol Cancer. 2012;11:40 pubmed publisher..This study shows that several genes belonging to the RASSF gene family are methylated in neuroblastoma. The genes RASSF5, RASSF6 and RASSF7 stand out as the most promising candidate genes for further investigations in neuroblastoma. ..
- Strömqvist M, Tooke N, Brunström B. DNA methylation levels in the 5' flanking region of the vitellogenin I gene in liver and brain of adult zebrafish (Danio rerio)--sex and tissue differences and effects of 17alpha-ethinylestradiol exposure. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;98:275-81 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that induced expression of vitellogenin in fish following exposure to estrogens might involve alterations in DNA methylation. ..
- Görander S, Harandi A, Lindqvist M, Bergstrom T, Liljeqvist J. Glycoprotein G of herpes simplex virus 2 as a novel vaccine antigen for immunity to genital and neurological disease. J Virol. 2012;86:7544-53 pubmed publisher..The mgG-2 protein may therefore constitute a promising HSV-2 vaccine antigen to be considered for future human trials. ..
- Yin Y, Morgunova E, Jolma A, Kaasinen E, Sahu B, Khund Sayeed S, et al. Impact of cytosine methylation on DNA binding specificities of human transcription factors. Science. 2017;356: pubmed publisher..This study provides a systematic examination of the effect of an epigenetic DNA modification on human TF binding specificity and reveals that many developmentally important proteins display preference for mCpG-containing sequences. ..
- Zhuang S, Schippert A, Haugen Strano A, Wiseman R, Soderkvist P. Inactivations of p16INK4a-alpha, p16INK4a-beta and p15INK4b genes in 2',3'-dideoxycytidine- and 1,3-butadiene-induced murine lymphomas. Oncogene. 1998;16:803-8 pubmed
- Gillberg L, Jacobsen S, Rönn T, Brøns C, Vaag A. PPARGC1A DNA methylation in subcutaneous adipose tissue in low birth weight subjects--impact of 5 days of high-fat overfeeding. Metabolism. 2014;63:263-71 pubmed publisher..Further data are needed to understand the role of PPARGC1A DNA methylation in insulin resistance and developmental programming of T2D. ..
- Barres R, Kirchner H, Rasmussen M, Yan J, Kantor F, Krook A, et al. Weight loss after gastric bypass surgery in human obesity remodels promoter methylation. Cell Rep. 2013;3:1020-7 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that obesity and RYGB-induced weight loss have a dynamic effect on the epigenome...
- Kacevska M, Ivanov M, Wyss A, Kasela S, Milani L, Rane A, et al. DNA methylation dynamics in the hepatic CYP3A4 gene promoter. Biochimie. 2012;94:2338-44 pubmed publisher..The findings provide novel insight to CYP3A4 regulation with possible implications for understanding interindividual differences in drug response. ..
- Löf Öhlin Z, Nilsson T. Pyrosequencing assays to study promoter CpG site methylation of the O6-MGMT, hMLH1, p14ARF, p16INK4a, RASSF1A, and APC1A genes. Oncol Rep. 2009;21:721-9 pubmed..This approach provides a more comprehensive picture of the distribution of DNA methylation throughout the promoter regions of the studied set of six genes, which will be of benefit in oncological research. ..
- Rada Iglesias A, Ameur A, Kapranov P, Enroth S, Komorowski J, Gingeras T, et al. Whole-genome maps of USF1 and USF2 binding and histone H3 acetylation reveal new aspects of promoter structure and candidate genes for common human disorders. Genome Res. 2008;18:380-92 pubmed publisher..This expands our understanding about the transcriptional control of metabolic processes and its alteration in metabolic disorders. ..
- Kiss H, Darai E, Kiss C, Kost Alimova M, Klein G, Dumanski J, et al. Comparative human/murine sequence analysis of the common eliminated region 1 from human 3p21.3. Mamm Genome. 2002;13:646-55 pubmed..We also recognized a large number of conserved elements that were neither exons, CpG islands, nor repeats. We further identified and characterized five novel orthologous mouse genes (Kiaa0028, Xtrp3s1, Fyco1, Tmem7, and Lrrc2). ..
- Amarger V, Nguyen M, Van Laere A, Braunschweig M, Nezer C, Georges M, et al. Comparative sequence analysis of the INS-IGF2-H19 gene cluster in pigs. Mamm Genome. 2002;13:388-98 pubmed..The high GC and CpG content were more pronounced in the pig than in the two other species. The results will facilitate the further characterization of this important QTL in the pig. ..
- Kanduri C, Fitzpatrick G, Mukhopadhyay R, Kanduri M, Lobanenkov V, Higgins M, et al. A differentially methylated imprinting control region within the Kcnq1 locus harbors a methylation-sensitive chromatin insulator. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:18106-10 pubmed..Moreover, we document that CpG methylation regulates this insulator function suggesting that a methylation-sensitive chromatin insulator is a common theme in the phenomenon of genomic imprinting. ..