Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on corticotropin releasing hormone in Japan
Topic: corticotropin releasing hormone
- Fujikawa T, Soya H, Tamashiro K, Sakai R, McEwen B, Nakai N, et al. Prolactin prevents acute stress-induced hypocalcemia and ulcerogenesis by acting in the brain of rat. Endocrinology. 2004;145:2006-13 pubmed
- Yamamori E, Iwasaki Y, Oki Y, Yoshida M, Asai M, Kambayashii M, et al. Possible involvement of ryanodine receptor-mediated intracellular calcium release in the effect of corticotropin-releasing factor on adrenocorticotropin secretion. Endocrinology. 2004;145:36-8 pubmed..These results suggest that ryanodine receptor-mediated calcium-induced calcium release is involved in the regulation of CRH-induced ACTH release. ..
- Pournajafi Nazarloo H, Tanaka Y, Dorobantu M, Hashimoto K. Modulation of corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor type 2 mRNA expression by CRH deficiency or stress in the mouse heart. Regul Pept. 2003;115:131-8 pubmed
- Pournajafi Nazarloo H, Takao T, Taguchi T, Ito H, Hashimoto K. Modulation of type I IL-1 receptor and IL-1 beta mRNA expression followed by endotoxin treatment in the corticotropin-releasing hormone-deficient mouse. J Neuroimmunol. 2003;140:102-8 pubmed..Lack of CRH attenuated LPS administration induced increase of IL-1beta mRNA expression in the spleen. These data demonstrate the pivotal and organ-specific modulation of CRH for IL-1 and IL-1R1 mRNAs following endotoxin treatment. ..
- Yamazaki T, Waki H, Kohsaka A, Nakamura T, Cui H, Yukawa K, et al. Microinjection of urocortin into the rat nucleus tractus solitarii decreases arterial blood pressure. Auton Neurosci. 2008;142:51-4 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Ucn I in the NTS may play an important role in cardiovascular regulation and the cardiovascular effects of Ucn I may be mediated by activation of both CRF-R1 and -R2, which are known to be present in the NTS. ..
- Ise S, Ohta H. Power spectrum analysis of ultrasonic vocalization elicited by maternal separation in rat pups. Brain Res. 2009;1283:58-64 pubmed publisher..High-frequency components, but not low-frequency components, of the ultrasonic vocalization were sensitive to changes in negative affective state of isolated pups. ..
- Okumura T, Yamada H, Motomura W, Kohgo Y. Cocaine-amphetamine-regulated transcript (CART) acts in the central nervous system to inhibit gastric acid secretion via brain corticotropin-releasing factor system. Endocrinology. 2000;141:2854-60 pubmed..All these results suggest that CART acts in the brain to inhibit gastric function via brain CRF system. The vagal pathway and the prostaglandin system are not involved in the acid inhibition. ..
- Funasaka Y, Sato H, Chakraborty A, Ohashi A, Chrousos G, Ichihashi M. Expression of proopiomelanocortin, corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH), and CRH receptor in melanoma cells, nevus cells, and normal human melanocytes. J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc. 1999;4:105-9 pubmed..These results indicate that tumor progression accentuates CRH, CRH-R, and POMC expression by melanoma cells...
- Makino S, Asaba K, Nishiyama M, Hashimoto K. Decreased type 2 corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor mRNA expression in the ventromedial hypothalamus during repeated immobilization stress. Neuroendocrinology. 1999;70:160-7 pubmed
- Inui A. Feeding and body-weight regulation by hypothalamic neuropeptides--mediation of the actions of leptin. Trends Neurosci. 1999;22:62-7 pubmed
- Yamano M, Tohyama M. Distribution of corticotropin-releasing factor and calcitonin gene-related peptide in the developing mouse cerebellum. Neurosci Res. 1994;19:387-96 pubmed..Furthermore, CRF-IR fibers gradually changed to become typical climbing fibers, while CGRP-IR disappeared altogether. ..
- Shibasaki T, Yamada K, Yamauchi N, Imaki T, Hotta M, Demura H. Beta 1-adrenergic mechanism is involved in stress-induced increase in arousal. Neurosci Lett. 1994;180:167-70 pubmed..Atropine did not affect the PbNa-induced sleeping time in restrained rats. These results suggest that in addition to CRH, the brain beta 1-adrenergic system is involved in the restraint stress-induced increase in arousal...
- Thammacharoen S, Geary N, Lutz T, Ogawa S, Asarian L. Divergent effects of estradiol and the estrogen receptor-alpha agonist PPT on eating and activation of PVN CRH neurons in ovariectomized rats and mice. Brain Res. 2009;1268:88-96 pubmed publisher..Finally, the rapid induction of c-Fos in CRH-expressing cells in the PVN by PPT suggests that PPT elicits a neural response that is similar to that elicited by stress or aversive emotional stimuli. ..
- Sakumoto R, Ito S, Komatsu T. Possible actions of corticotropin-releasing hormone in regulating porcine corpus luteum function. J Vet Med Sci. 2010;72:1173-7 pubmed
- Ataka K, Ito M, Shibata T. New views on antidiarrheal effect of wood creosote: is wood creosote really a gastrointestinal antiseptic?. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2005;125:937-50 pubmed
- Konishi S, Kasagi Y, Katsumata H, Minami S, Imaki T. Regulation of corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) type-1 receptor gene expression by CRF in the hypothalamus. Endocr J. 2003;50:21-36 pubmed..These results demonstrate that CRF directly affects hypothalamic neurons to increase CRFR-1 mRNA expression, providing evidence of a direct role for CRF in the regulation of CRFR-1 expression of hypothalamic neurons. ..
- Kasagi Y, Horiba N, Sakai K, Fukuda Y, Suda T. Involvement of cAMP-response element binding protein in corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF)-induced down-regulation of CRF receptor 1 gene expression in rat anterior pituitary cells. J Neuroendocrinol. 2002;14:587-92 pubmed..These findings indicate that CRF may down-regulate CRF-R1 mRNA expression via a cAMP-PKA-mediated mechanism in rat anterior pituitary cells, and that CREB may mediate at least a portion of this inhibitory effect. ..
- Sato H, Nagashima Y, Chrousos G, Ichihashi M, Funasak Y. The expression of corticotropin-releasing hormone in melanoma. Pigment Cell Res. 2002;15:98-103 pubmed..CRH induced POMC mRNA expression, an effect that was inhibited by a CRH antagonist. These results provide evidence for the existence of the CRH/POMC axis in pigmented lesions. ..
- Watanabe F, Oki Y, Ozawa M, Masuzawa M, Iwabuchi M, Yoshimi T, et al. Urocortin in human placenta and maternal plasma. Peptides. 1999;20:205-9 pubmed..These data suggest that Ucn is produced and processed into the same form of synthetic Ucn in placenta, but not secreted into maternal blood. ..
- Kawahito Y, Sano H, Mukai S, Asai K, Kimura S, Yamamura Y, et al. Corticotropin releasing hormone in colonic mucosa in patients with ulcerative colitis. Gut. 1995;37:544-51 pubmed..These results suggest that CRH may play a part in the modulation of intestinal immune and inflammatory system, and as a modulator in the pathogenesis of ulcerative colitis. ..