Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on coatomer protein in Germany
Topic: coatomer protein
- Mohrs M, Janssen K, Kreis T, Noegel A, Schleicher M. Cloning and characterization of beta-COP from Dictyostelium discoideum. Eur J Cell Biol. 2000;79:350-7 pubmed..However, upon DMSO treatment we observed a reversible disassembly of the Golgi apparatus. In mammalian cells DMSO treatment had a similar effect on beta-COP distribution...
- Andag U, Neumann T, Schmitt H. The coatomer-interacting protein Dsl1p is required for Golgi-to-endoplasmic reticulum retrieval in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:39150-60 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate that Dsl1p is a peripheral membrane protein, which in vitro specifically binds to coatomer, the major component of the protein coat of COPI vesicles. ..
- Blagitko N, Schulz U, Schinzel A, Ropers H, Kalscheuer V. gamma2-COP, a novel imprinted gene on chromosome 7q32, defines a new imprinting cluster in the human genome. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:2387-96 pubmed..Together, gamma 2-COP and MEST constitute a novel imprinting cluster in the human genome that may contain other, as yet unknown, imprinted genes. ..
- Sun Z, Anderl F, Fröhlich K, Zhao L, Hanke S, Brugger B, et al. Multiple and stepwise interactions between coatomer and ADP-ribosylation factor-1 (Arf1)-GTP. Traffic. 2007;8:582-93 pubmed..These interactions are located within the core, adaptor-like domain of coatomer, indicating an organizational similarity between the COP I coat and clathrin adaptor complexes. ..
- Lay D, Gorgas K, Just W. Peroxisome biogenesis: where Arf and coatomer might be involved. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1763:1678-87 pubmed
- Sytnyk V, Leshchyns ka I, Delling M, Dityateva G, Dityatev A, Schachner M. Neural cell adhesion molecule promotes accumulation of TGN organelles at sites of neuron-to-neuron contacts. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:649-61 pubmed..The accumulation of TGN organelles at contacts with NCAM-deficient neurons is reduced when compared with wild-type cells, suggesting that NCAM mediates the anchoring of intracellular organelles in nascent synapses. ..
- Pepperkok R, Whitney J, Gomez M, Kreis T. COPI vesicles accumulating in the presence of a GTP restricted arf1 mutant are depleted of anterograde and retrograde cargo. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 1):135-44 pubmed
- Stenbeck G, Harter C, Brecht A, Herrmann D, Lottspeich F, Orci L, et al. beta'-COP, a novel subunit of coatomer. EMBO J. 1993;12:2841-5 pubmed..This subunit occurs in amounts stoichiometric to the established COPs both in the coatomer and in nonclathrin-coated vesicles and shows homology to the beta-subunits of trimeric G proteins. ..
- Fullekrug J, Scheiffele P, Simons K. VIP36 localisation to the early secretory pathway. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 17):2813-21 pubmed..Furthermore, after brefeldin A treatment VIP36 is segregated from resident Golgi proteins and codistributes with ER-Golgi recycling proteins. ..
- Reinhard C, Harter C, Bremser M, Brugger B, Sohn K, Helms J, et al. Receptor-induced polymerization of coatomer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:1224-8 pubmed..Based on these results, we propose a mechanism by which the induced conformational change of coatomer results in its polymerization, and thus drives formation of the bud on the Golgi membrane during biogenesis of a COPI vesicle. ..
- Harter C, Wieland F. A single binding site for dilysine retrieval motifs and p23 within the gamma subunit of coatomer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:11649-54 pubmed..We suggest that, under physiological conditions, interaction of coatomer with both endoplasmic reticulum retrieval motifs and the cytoplasmic domain of p23 is mediated by gamma-COP. ..
- Passreiter M, Anton M, Lay D, Frank R, Harter C, Wieland F, et al. Peroxisome biogenesis: involvement of ARF and coatomer. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:373-83 pubmed
- Sohn K, Orci L, Ravazzola M, Amherdt M, Bremser M, Lottspeich F, et al. A major transmembrane protein of Golgi-derived COPI-coated vesicles involved in coatomer binding. J Cell Biol. 1996;135:1239-48 pubmed..From these data we conclude that p23 represents a Golgi-specific receptor for coatomer involved in the formation of COPI-coated vesicles...
- Harter C, Pavel J, Coccia F, Draken E, Wegehingel S, Tschochner H, et al. Nonclathrin coat protein gamma, a subunit of coatomer, binds to the cytoplasmic dilysine motif of membrane proteins of the early secretory pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:1902-6 pubmed