Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on chromosome mapping in Spain
Topic: chromosome mapping
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- Albornoz J, Dominguez A. Inversion polymorphism and accumulation of lethals in selected lines of Drosophila melanogaster. Heredity (Edinb). 1994;73 ( Pt 1):92-7 pubmed..Consideration of the high selection response attained despite inversion polymorphism leads to the conclusion that extreme responses to selection can be obtained without exploiting the potential from large genomic regions. ..
- Pisabarro A, Malumbres M, Mateos L, Oguiza J, Martin J. A cluster of three genes (dapA, orf2, and dapB) of Brevibacterium lactofermentum encodes dihydrodipicolinate synthase, dihydrodipicolinate reductase, and a third polypeptide of unknown function. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:2743-9 pubmed..The protein encoded by this open reading frame had little similarity to any protein in the data banks, and its function remains unknown. The three genes were translated in Escherichia coli, giving the corresponding polypeptides. ..
- Vidal Taboada J, Bergoñón S, Sanchez M, López Acedo C, Groet J, Nizetic D, et al. High resolution physical mapping and identification of transcribed sequences in the Down syndrome region-2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;243:572-8 pubmed..Additionally, we have accurately located a previously described gene, the WRB gene, between the markers ACTL5-D21S268 within this Down Syndrome Region-2. ..
- Bayes M, Goldaracena B, Martinez Mir A, Iragui Madoz M, Solans T, Chivelet P, et al. A new autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa locus maps on chromosome 2q31-q33. J Med Genet. 1998;35:141-5 pubmed..Forty-four out of 47 additional ARRP families, tested with markers on 2q32, failed to show linkage, providing evidence of further genetic heterogeneity. ..
- Rodriguez Moreno L, González V, Benjak A, Martí M, Puigdomenech P, Aranda M, et al. Determination of the melon chloroplast and mitochondrial genome sequences reveals that the largest reported mitochondrial genome in plants contains a significant amount of DNA having a nuclear origin. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:424 pubmed publisher..The transfer of nuclear DNA to the melon mitochondrial genome and the high proportion of repetitive DNA appear to explain the size of the largest mitochondrial genome reported so far. ..
- Glubb D, Maranian M, Michailidou K, Pooley K, Meyer K, Kar S, et al. Fine-scale mapping of the 5q11.2 breast cancer locus reveals at least three independent risk variants regulating MAP3K1. Am J Hum Genet. 2015;96:5-20 pubmed publisher..We propose that the cancer risk alleles act to increase MAP3K1 expression in vivo and might promote breast cancer cell survival. ..
- Manzano A, Perez J, Nadal M, Estivill X, Lange A, Bartrons R. Cloning, expression and chromosomal localization of a human testis 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase/fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase gene. Gene. 1999;229:83-9 pubmed..This isozyme shows clear PFK-2 activity. Taken together, these results provide evidence for a new PFK-2/FBPase-2 gene coding for a human testis isozyme. ..
- Cordero M, Raventos D, San Segundo B. Expression of a maize proteinase inhibitor gene is induced in response to wounding and fungal infection: systemic wound-response of a monocot gene. Plant J. 1994;6:141-50 pubmed..The possible functional implications for the existence of different signal transduction pathways that simultaneously activate a battery of defense mechanisms against potential pathogens are discussed. ..
- PatiÃ±o Galindo J, Salvatierra K, GonzÃ¡lez Candelas F, LÃ³pez Labrador F. Comprehensive Screening for Naturally Occurring Hepatitis C Virus Resistance to Direct-Acting Antivirals in the NS3, NS5A, and NS5B Genes in Worldwide Isolates of Viral Genotypes 1 to 6. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:2402-16 pubmed publisher..There is a need for natural DAA resistance profiling specific for each HCV genotype. ..
- Silva F, van Ham R, Sabater B, Latorre A. Structure and evolution of the leucine plasmids carried by the endosymbiont (Buchnera aphidicola) from aphids of the family Aphididae. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1998;168:43-9 pubmed..Phylogenetic reconstruction based on repA2 sequences suggests that horizontal transfer of Buchnera leucine plasmids has not occurred...
- Abdelaziz M, Teruel M, Chobanov D, Camacho J, Cabrero J. Physical mapping of rDNA and satDNA in A and B chromosomes of the grasshopper Eyprepocnemis plorans from a Greek population. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2007;119:143-6 pubmed..The high B frequency suggests that B chromosomes in this population might behave parasitically, in resemblance to Bs in western populations. ..
- Flores A, Casadesus J. Suppression of the pleiotropic effects of HisH and HisF overproduction identifies four novel loci on the Salmonella typhimurium chromosome: osmH, sfiW, sfiX, and sfiY. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:4841-50 pubmed..The hierarchy of suppressor phenotypes and the existence of epistatic effects among suppressor mutations suggest a pathway-like model for the Hisc pleiotropic response. ..
- Martinez de Arrieta C, Perez Jurado L, Bernal J, Coloma A. Structure, organization, and chromosomal mapping of the human neurogranin gene (NRGN). Genomics. 1997;41:243-9 pubmed..Analysis of a panel of radiation hybrids has led to localization of the NRGN gene in YAC 763A2 (CEPH), previously mapped at 11q24. This locus is contained in a region of conserved synteny with mouse chromosome 9. ..
- de la Fuente M, Pizcueta P, Nadal M, Bosch J, Engel P. CD84 leukocyte antigen is a new member of the Ig superfamily. Blood. 1997;90:2398-405 pubmed..Thus, the glycoprotein HLy9-beta is recognized by MoAbs previously clustered as CD84 and represents a newly identified member of the Ig superfamily that may play a significant role in leukocyte activation. ..
- Gallardo D, Pena R, Amills M, Varona L, Ramirez O, Reixach J, et al. Mapping of quantitative trait loci for cholesterol, LDL, HDL, and triglyceride serum concentrations in pigs. Physiol Genomics. 2008;35:199-209 pubmed publisher..This finding might suggest that, in mammals, diverse polymorphisms located in a common set of genes are involved in the genetic variation of serum lipid levels. ..
- Lopez Corral L, Sarasquete M, Bea S, Garcia Sanz R, Mateos M, Corchete L, et al. SNP-based mapping arrays reveal high genomic complexity in monoclonal gammopathies, from MGUS to myeloma status. Leukemia. 2012;26:2521-9 pubmed publisher..047). A strong association between genetic lesions and fragile sites was also detected. In summary, our study shows an increasing genomic complexity from MGUS to MM and identifies new chromosomal regions involved in CNA and CNN-LOH. ..
- Ramayo Caldas Y, Mach N, Esteve Codina A, Corominas J, Castelló A, Ballester M, et al. Liver transcriptome profile in pigs with extreme phenotypes of intramuscular fatty acid composition. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:547 pubmed publisher..These results may help in the design of selection strategies to improve the sensorial and nutritional quality of pork meat. ..
- Pardo B, Fernandez C, Hermida M, Vazquez Lopez A, Perez M, Presa P, et al. Development and characterization of 248 novel microsatellite markers in turbot (Scophthalmus maximus). Genome. 2007;50:329-32 pubmed
- Corominas J, Ramayo Caldas Y, Puig Oliveras A, Perez Montarelo D, Noguera J, Folch J, et al. Polymorphism in the ELOVL6 gene is associated with a major QTL effect on fatty acid composition in pigs. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53687 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest ELOVL6 as a potential causal gene for the QTL analyzed and, subsequently, for controlling the overall balance of fatty acid composition in pigs. ..
- Rozas J, Aguade M. Transfer of genetic information in the rp49 region of Drosophila subobscura between different chromosomal gene arrangements. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:8083-7 pubmed..subobscura, estimates of nucleotide diversity within chromosomal class indicate that the O[3 + 4] chromosomal gene arrangement is older than the O[st] arrangement. ..
- Moratilla M, Agromayor M, Nunez A, Funes J, Varas A, Lopez Estebaranz J, et al. A random DNA sequencing, computer-based approach for the generation of a gene map of molluscum contagiosum virus. Virus Genes. 1997;14:73-80 pubmed..The conserved gene arrangement was apparently disrupted in the terminal regions, where MCV sequences showing homologies with the VAC counterparts were not found...
- Santos J, Serra L, Solé E, Pascual M. FISH mapping of microsatellite loci from Drosophila subobscura and its comparison to related species. Chromosome Res. 2010;18:213-26 pubmed publisher..Finally, the lack of microsatellite repeats in the homologous D. melanogaster sequences suggests convergent evolution for high microsatellite density in the distal part of the X chromosome. ..
- Pérez García C, Morán P, Pasantes J. Cytogenetic characterization of the invasive mussel species Xenostrobus securis Lmk. (Bivalvia: Mytilidae). Genome. 2011;54:771-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the use of these probes allows the unequivocal identification of 11 of the 15 chromosome pairs that compose the karyotype of X. securis. ..
- Gonzalez A, Remsing L, Lombo F, Fernandez M, Prado L, Brana A, et al. The mtmVUC genes of the mithramycin gene cluster in Streptomyces argillaceus are involved in the biosynthesis of the sugar moieties. Mol Gen Genet. 2001;264:827-35 pubmed..A pathway is proposed for the biosynthesis of the three sugar moieties in mithramycin. ..
- Pérez García C, Guerra Varela J, Morán P, Pasantes J. Chromosomal mapping of rRNA genes, core histone genes and telomeric sequences in Brachidontes puniceus and Brachidontes rodriguezi (Bivalvia, Mytilidae). BMC Genet. 2010;11:109 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of the chromosomal distribution of these sequences in the two species of Brachidontes is a first step in the understanding of the role of chromosome changes on bivalve evolution. ..
- Garcia Barrio M, Naranda T, Vazquez de Aldana C, Cuesta R, Hinnebusch A, Hershey J, et al. GCD10, a translational repressor of GCN4, is the RNA-binding subunit of eukaryotic translation initiation factor-3. Genes Dev. 1995;9:1781-96 pubmed..Our results indicate that GCN4 expression provides a sensitive in vivo assay for the function of eIF-3 in initiation complex formation. ..
- Gonzalez Neira A, Rosa Rosa J, Osorio A, Gonzalez E, Southey M, Sinilnikova O, et al. Genomewide high-density SNP linkage analysis of non-BRCA1/2 breast cancer families identifies various candidate regions and has greater power than microsatellite studies. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:299 pubmed..Our results show the power increase that SNPs can supply in linkage studies. ..
- Vinós J, Maroto M, Garesse R, Marco R, Cervera M. Drosophila melanogaster paramyosin: developmental pattern, mapping and properties deduced from its complete coding sequence. Mol Gen Genet. 1992;231:385-94 pubmed..The structural and functional properties of Drosophila paramyosin deduced from the sequence are compared with those of known invertebrate myosins and paramyosins. ..
- Martin J, Gutierrez S, Fernandez F, Velasco J, Fierro F, Marcos A, et al. Expression of genes and processing of enzymes for the biosynthesis of penicillins and cephalosporins. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 1994;65:227-43 pubmed..The levels of the cefG transcript were very low as compared to those of pcbAB, pcbC and cefEF.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Criado L, Martin J, Gil J. The pab gene of Streptomyces griseus, encoding p-aminobenzoic acid synthase, is located between genes possibly involved in candicidin biosynthesis. Gene. 1993;126:135-9 pubmed..The deletion occurred when the gene was cloned in the BamHI site of pBR322 and allowed pab expression in E. coli. ..
- A nsa J, P rez E, Pelicic V, Berthet F, Gicquel B, Mart n C. Aminoglycoside 2'-N-acetyltransferase genes are universally present in mycobacteria: characterization of the aac(2')-Ic gene from Mycobacterium tuberculosis and the aac(2')-Id gene from Mycobacterium smegmatis. Mol Microbiol. 1997;24:431-41 pubmed..smegmatis has been disrupted in the chromosome of M. smegmatis mc(2)155. The disruptant shows an increase in aminoglycoside susceptibility along with a slight increase in the susceptibility to lysozyme...
- Otaegui D, Ruiz Martinez J, Olaskoaga J, Emparanza J, Lopez de Munain A. Influence of CCR5-Delta32 genotype in Spanish population with multiple sclerosis. Neurogenetics. 2007;8:201-5 pubmed..Relevant values were a P value of 0.008 and an odds ratio of 0.168 (95% confidence interval, 0.038 to 0.737)...
- Santos J, González Sánchez L, Matabuena Deyzaguirre M, Villa Morales M, Cozar P, Lopez Nieva P, et al. A role for stroma-derived annexin A1 as mediator in the control of genetic susceptibility to T-cell lymphoblastic malignancies through prostaglandin E2 secretion. Cancer Res. 2009;69:2577-87 pubmed publisher
- Talamillo A, Fernández Moreno M, Martinez Azorin F, Bornstein B, Ochoa P, Garesse R. Expression of the Drosophila melanogaster ATP synthase alpha subunit gene is regulated by a transcriptional element containing GAF and Adf-1 binding sites. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:4003-13 pubmed..In addition, Northern blot and RT-PCR analysis identified two alpha-F1-ATPase mRNAs that differ in the length of the 3' untranslated region due to the selection of alternative polyadenylation sites. ..
- Ribas J, Diaz M, Duran A, Perez P. Isolation and characterization of Schizosaccharomyces pombe mutants defective in cell wall (1-3)beta-D-glucan. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:3456-62 pubmed..It is concluded that the cwg1+ and cwg2+ genes are related to (1,3)beta-D-glucan biosynthesis. ..
- Garcia Ramirez J, Santos M, Revuelta J. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae RIB4 gene codes for 6,7-dimethyl-8-ribityllumazine synthase involved in riboflavin biosynthesis. Molecular characterization of the gene and purification of the encoded protein. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:23801-7 pubmed..8-kDa subunits. The derived amino acid sequence of RIB4 shows extensive homology to the sequences of the beta subunits of riboflavin synthase from Bacillus subtilis and other prokaryotes. ..
- Martinez Mir A, Bayes M, Vilageliu L, Grinberg D, Ayuso C, del Rio T, et al. A new locus for autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa (RP19) maps to 1p13-1p21. Genomics. 1997;40:142-6 pubmed..Exhaustive ophthalmologic examination of the patients clearly distinguished the disease from the Stargardt and FFM phenotypes and revealed an atypical form of arRP with choroidal atrophy as a distinctive feature. ..
- Ballester M, Molist J, Lopez Bejar M, Sanchez A, Santaló J, Folch J, et al. Disruption of the mouse phospholipase C-beta1 gene in a beta-lactoglobulin transgenic line affects viability, growth, and fertility in mice. Gene. 2004;341:279-89 pubmed..The PLC-beta1(betaLG) mouse model described here represents a useful tool to investigate the role of the PLC-beta1 gene in the molecular mechanisms underlying growth and fertility. ..
- Segarra C, Lozovskaya E, Ribo G, Aguade M, Hartl D. P1 clones from Drosophila melanogaster as markers to study the chromosomal evolution of Muller's A element in two species of the obscura group of Drosophila. Chromosoma. 1995;104:129-36 pubmed..Tentatively, one inversion breakpoint about every 200 kb has been produced and fixed during the divergence of D. pseudoobscura and D. melanogaster. ..
- Arnaiz Villena A, Martinez Laso J, Alvarez M, Castro M, Varela P, Gomez Casado E, et al. Primate Mhc-E and -G alleles. Immunogenetics. 1997;46:251-66 pubmed
- Vizcaino N, Cloeckaert A, Zygmunt M, Fernández Lago L. Molecular characterization of a Brucella species large DNA fragment deleted in Brucella abortus strains: evidence for a locus involved in the synthesis of a polysaccharide. Infect Immun. 1999;67:2700-12 pubmed..abortus strains and to elucidate the mechanism responsible for such deletion, since only 9,948 bp of the deletion was present in the sequenced B. melitensis DNA fragment. ..
- Llano E, Pendas A, Freije J, Nakano A, Knauper V, Murphy G, et al. Identification and characterization of human MT5-MMP, a new membrane-bound activator of progelatinase a overexpressed in brain tumors. Cancer Res. 1999;59:2570-6 pubmed..These data suggest that MT5-MMP may contribute to the activation of progelatinase A in tumor tissues, in which it is overexpressed, thereby facilitating tumor progression. ..
- García Estepa R, Argandoña M, Reina Bueno M, Capote N, Iglesias Guerra F, Nieto J, et al. The ectD gene, which is involved in the synthesis of the compatible solute hydroxyectoine, is essential for thermoprotection of the halophilic bacterium Chromohalobacter salexigens. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:3774-84 pubmed..All of these data reveal that hydroxyectoine synthesis mediated by the ectD gene is thermoregulated and essential for thermoprotection of C. salexigens...
- Baldoma L, Badia J, Sweet G, Aguilar J. Cloning, mapping and gene product identification of rhaT from Escherichia coli K12. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1990;60:103-7 pubmed..The gene product has been identified by expression of rhaT in a T7 RNA polymerase/promoter system. This 23 kDa protein has been assigned to the rhaT product and has been shown to be located in the cell membrane. ..
- Folch Mallol J, Marroqui S, Sousa C, Manyani H, Lopez Lara I, van der Drift K, et al. Characterization of Rhizobium tropici CIAT899 nodulation factors: the role of nodH and nodPQ genes in their sulfation. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 1996;9:151-63 pubmed..Our results indicate that the sulfate group present in wild-type Nod factors plays a major role in nodulation of Leucaena plants by strain CIAT899 of R. tropici. ..
- Vilanova S, Sargent D, Arus P, Monfort A. Synteny conservation between two distantly-related Rosaceae genomes: Prunus (the stone fruits) and Fragaria (the strawberry). BMC Plant Biol. 2008;8:67 pubmed publisher..In this paper we compare the genome of Fragaria, a member of the Rosoideae, to Prunus, a member of the Prunoideae...
- Cortes T, Schubert O, Rose G, Arnvig K, Comas I, Aebersold R, et al. Genome-wide mapping of transcriptional start sites defines an extensive leaderless transcriptome in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Cell Rep. 2013;5:1121-31 pubmed publisher..The high percentage of leaderless genes may have particular importance in the physiology of nonreplicating M. tuberculosis...
- Cormand B, Montfort M, Chabas A, Vilageliu L, Grinberg D. Genetic fine localization of the beta-glucocerebrosidase (GBA) and prosaposin (PSAP) genes: implications for Gaucher disease. Hum Genet. 1997;100:75-9 pubmed..8-cM interval between D10S1688 and D10S607. The fine localization of these genes provides a useful tool for cosegregation analysis, indirect molecular diagnosis, and population genetic studies. ..
- Morgan R, Bell D, Testa J, Fernandez M. Genomic locations of ANX11 and ANX13 and the evolutionary genetics of human annexins. Genomics. 1998;48:100-10 pubmed..These can be distinguished by their dispersed genomic locations as well as their individual patterns of expression and partially differentiated functions. ..
- Papaceit M, Juan E. Fate of dot chromosome genes in Drosophila willistoni and Scaptodrosophila lebanonensis determined by in situ hybridization. Chromosome Res. 1998;6:49-54 pubmed..willistoni and in chromosome X of S. lebanonensis. These results suggest an autosome-dot fusion in D. willistoni and an X-dot fusion in S. lebanonensis, two different paths in the evolution of dot chromosomes...
- Martin Burriel I, Goldammer T, Elduque C, Lundin M, Barendse W, Zaragoza P, et al. Physical and linkage mapping of the bovine bone morphogenetic protein 1 on the evolutionary break region of BTA 8. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1997;79:179-83 pubmed..Physical and genetic mapping of the bovine BMP1 gene contribute to narrow the boundary between the HSA 8 and HSA 9 homology segments on BTA 8 and to the comparative mapping between BTA 8, murine chromosome MMU 14, and HSA 8. ..
- Mercade A, Sanchez A, Folch J. Assignment of the acyl-CoA synthetase long-chain family member 4 (ACSL4) gene to porcine chromosome X. Anim Genet. 2005;36:76 pubmed
- Merchán M, Peiró R, Santacreu M, Francino O, Folch J. Rabbit oviductal glycoprotein 1 gene: genomic organization polymorphism analysis and mRNA expression. Mol Reprod Dev. 2007;74:687-93 pubmed..We have also compared the mRNA expression between samples of oviducts taken from non-mated rabbit and samples of oviducts at different stages of the early pregnancy, but no significant differences were found. ..
- Martinez Laborda A, González Reyes A, Morata G. Trans regulation in the Ultrabithorax gene of Drosophila: alterations in the promoter enhance transvection. EMBO J. 1992;11:3645-52 pubmed..We speculate that the region altered in the mutations may have a wildtype function to ensure cis-autonomy of the regulation of Ubx transcription. ..
- Arruga M, Monteagudo L, Tejedor M. Assignment of two markers carried by human chromosome 1 to different cattle synteny groups: FH to U1 and PEPC to U17 (chromosome 8). Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1992;59:45-7 pubmed..FH is assigned to the U1 synteny group together with PGD, ENO1, AT3, and REN, while PEPC is found to belong to the U17 group (chromosome 8), like FN1, CRYG, and VIL1. ..
- Gonzalez C, Molina I, Casal J, Ripoll P. Gross genetic dissection and interaction of the chromosomal region 95E;96F of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1989;123:371-7 pubmed..There is another region localized in 97B which interacts with asp: in a background homozygous for asp, three doses of this region enhance the asp phenotype. ..
- Izquierdo M. Ubiquitin genes and ubiquitin protein location in polytene chromosomes of Drosophila. Chromosoma. 1994;103:193-7 pubmed
- Fernández Ruiz E, Sanchez Madrid F. Regional localization of the human integrin beta 6 gene (ITGB6) to chromosome 2q24-q31. Genomics. 1994;21:638-40 pubmed..Furthermore, double-labeling in situ hybridization experiments performed with alpha 4 and alpha v probes indicated a telomeric position of ITGAV with respect to ITGA4. ..
- Freije J, Pendas A, Velasco G, Roca A, Abrahamson M, Lopez Otin C. Localization of the human cystatin D gene (CST5) to chromosome 20p11.21 by in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1993;62:29-31 pubmed
- Rodriguez Garcia M, Kozak C, Morgan R, Fernandez M. Mouse annexin V chromosomal localization, cDNA sequence conservation, and molecular evolution. Genomics. 1996;31:151-7 pubmed..Comparison of nine species of ANX5 led to an estimation of the unit evolutionary mutation rate at 1% aa replacements every 8 million years, comparable to other annexins. ..
- Pendas A, Santamaria I, Alvarez M, Pritchard M, Lopez Otin C. Fine physical mapping of the human matrix metalloproteinase genes clustered on chromosome 11q22.3. Genomics. 1996;37:266-8 pubmed
- Hernandez G, Diez Del Corral R, Santoyo J, Campuzano S, Sierra J. Localization, structure and expression of the gene for translation initiation factor eIF-4E from Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Gen Genet. 1997;253:624-33 pubmed..It is ubiquitously expressed during embryogenesis but transcripts preferentially accumulate in certain tissues, particularly in the pole cells, at different developmental stages. ..
- Munte A, Aguade M, Segarra C. Divergence of the yellow gene between Drosophila melanogaster and D. subobscura: recombination rate, codon bias and synonymous substitutions. Genetics. 1997;147:165-75 pubmed..melanogaster. ..
- Martin M, Schneider D, Bruton C, Chater K, Hardisson C. A glgC gene essential only for the first of two spatially distinct phases of glycogen synthesis in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2). J Bacteriol. 1997;179:7784-9 pubmed..A second, phase II-specific, glgC gene should also exist in S. coelicolor, though it was not detected by hybridization analysis...
- Hernandez G, del Mar Castellano M, Agudo M, Sierra J. Isolation and characterization of the cDNA and the gene for eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4G from Drosophila melanogaster. Eur J Biochem. 1998;253:27-35 pubmed..The sequence upstream of the transcription initiation site lacks the consensus TATA box, but contains several sequences possibly involved in the regulation of transcription. ..
- Calvo O, Cuesta R, Anderson J, Gutierrez N, Garcia Barrio M, Hinnebusch A, et al. GCD14p, a repressor of GCN4 translation, cooperates with Gcd10p and Lhp1p in the maturation of initiator methionyl-tRNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:4167-81 pubmed..Our findings suggest that Gcd14p and Lhp1p cooperate in the maturation of a subset of RNA polymerase III transcripts. ..
- Melendez B, Santos J, Fernandez Piqueras J. Loss of heterozygosity at the proximal-mid part of mouse chromosome 4 defines two novel tumor suppressor gene loci in T-cell lymphomas. Oncogene. 1999;18:4166-9 pubmed
- Pezzi N, Prieto I, Kremer L, Perez Jurado L, Valero C, del Mazo J, et al. STAG3, a novel gene encoding a protein involved in meiotic chromosome pairing and location of STAG3-related genes flanking the Williams-Beuren syndrome deletion. FASEB J. 2000;14:581-92 pubmed..Since the WBS deletion occurs as a consequence of unequal meiotic crossing over, we suggest that STAG3 duplications predispose to germline chromosomal rearrangement within this region. ..
- Laayouni H, Santos M, Fontdevila A. Toward a physical map of Drosophila buzzatii. Use of randomly amplified polymorphic dna polymorphisms and sequence-tagged site landmarks. Genetics. 2000;156:1797-816 pubmed..Further prospects toward obtaining a more developed genetic map than the one currently available for D. buzzatii are discussed...
- Lazo P, Nadal M, Ferrer M, Area E, Hernández Torres J, Nabokina S, et al. Genomic organization, chromosomal localization, alternative splicing, and isoforms of the human synaptosome-associated protein-23 gene implicated in vesicle-membrane fusion processes. Hum Genet. 2001;108:211-5 pubmed..Alterations in the SNAP23 gene might be involved in neurological and other diseases with defects in vesicle-membrane fusion processes that map to 15q15-21. ..
- Hermanz Falcón P, Arce I, Roda Navarro P, Fernández Ruiz E. Cloning of human DECTIN-1, a novel C-type lectin-like receptor gene expressed on dendritic cells. Immunogenetics. 2001;53:288-95 pubmed..The DECTIN-1 gene therefore represents a novel human member of the C-type lectin-like receptor gene family preferentially expressed in dendritic cells. ..
- Fernandez A, Rosales C, Lopez Nieva P, Grana O, Ballestar E, Ropero S, et al. The dynamic DNA methylomes of double-stranded DNA viruses associated with human cancer. Genome Res. 2009;19:438-51 pubmed publisher..The observed DNA methylation changes have a major functional impact on the biological behavior of the viruses...
- Deleu W, Esteras C, Roig C, González To M, Fernandez Silva I, Gonzalez Ibeas D, et al. A set of EST-SNPs for map saturation and cultivar identification in melon. BMC Plant Biol. 2009;9:90 pubmed publisher..Expressed sequence tags (ESTs) from melon are available in public databases, and resequencing ESTs or validating SNPs detected in silico are excellent ways to discover SNPs...
- Illa E, Sargent D, Lopez Girona E, Bushakra J, Cestaro A, Crowhurst R, et al. Comparative analysis of rosaceous genomes and the reconstruction of a putative ancestral genome for the family. BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:9 pubmed publisher..The growing body of genomics resources and sequence data for both Prunus and Fragaria permits detailed comparisons between these genera and the recently released Malus × domestica genome sequence...
- Malumbres M, Mateos L, Lumbreras M, Guerrero C, Martin J. Analysis and expression of the thrC gene of Brevibacterium lactofermentum and characterization of the encoded threonine synthase. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1994;60:2209-19 pubmed..8-kDa protein, as shown by sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. The purified enzyme required pyridoxal phosphate as its only cofactor to convert homoserine phosphate into threonine. ..
- Enjuto M, Balcells L, Campos N, Caelles C, Arró M, Boronat A. Arabidopsis thaliana contains two differentially expressed 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase genes, which encode microsomal forms of the enzyme. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:927-31 pubmed..Our results suggest that the endoplasmic reticulum is the only cell compartment for the targeting of HMGR in Arabidopsis and support the hypothesis that in higher plants the formation of mevalonate occurs solely in the cytosol. ..
- Oriol E, Mendez Alvarez S, Barbe J, Gibert I. Cloning of the Rhodobacter sphaeroides hisL gene: unifunctionality of the encoded protein and lack of linkage to other his genes. Microbiology. 1996;142 ( Pt 8):2071-8 pubmed..sphaeroides hisI mutant that was constructed by marker exchange. The location of hisI in the R. sphaeroides genome has been determined to be at map co-ordinate 2275 +/- 20 of chromosome l. ..
- Monteagudo L, Heriz A, Flavin N, Rogers M, Ennis S, Arruga M. Fluorescent in situ localization of the bovine activin receptor type IIA locus on chromosome 2 (2q2.3-2.4). Mamm Genome. 1996;7:869 pubmed
- Fernandez M, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Morgan R. The genetic origin of mouse annexin VIII. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:8-14 pubmed..Despite their synteny, the combined proximity and segregation of these three annexins diminished the likelihood that they were mutual gene duplication products. ..
- Mendizabal I, Rios G, Mulet J, Serrano R, de Larrinoa I. Yeast putative transcription factors involved in salt tolerance. FEBS Lett. 1998;425:323-8 pubmed..Therefore, Hal8p and Hal9p, but not Hal6p and Hal7p, qualify as transcriptional activators of ENA1 under physiological conditions. Hal8p seems to mediate the calcineurin-dependent part of ENA1 expression. ..
- Ruiz A, Borrego S, Marcos I, Antinolo G. A major locus for autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa on 6q, determined by homozygosity mapping of chromosomal regions that contain gamma-aminobutyric acid-receptor clusters. Am J Hum Genet. 1998;62:1452-9 pubmed..This region contains subunits GABRR1 and GABRR2 of the GABA-C receptor, which is the effector of lateral inhibition at the retina. ..
- Herranz M, Santos J, Salido E, Fernandez Piqueras J, Serrano M. Mouse p73 gene maps to the distal part of chromosome 4 and might be involved in the progression of gamma-radiation-induced T-cell lymphomas. Cancer Res. 1999;59:2068-71 pubmed..6% (16 of 49) of the tumors analyzed. Interestingly, allelic losses occur concurrently at both p73 and D4Mit205b, thus suggesting that p73 could be specifically inactivated in radiation-induced T-cell lymphomas. ..
- Rodriguez J, Agudo M, Van Damme J, Vandekerckhove J, Santaren J. Polypeptides differentially expressed in imaginal discs define the peroxiredoxin family of genes in Drosophila. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:487-97 pubmed..The data also suggest that the SSP5111 polypeptide could be a maternal-effect product. ..
- Gonz lez J, Casals F, Ruiz A. Duplicative and conservative transpositions of larval serum protein 1 genes in the genus Drosophila. Genetics. 2004;168:253-64 pubmed publisher..We have also identified the putative cis-acting regulatory regions of these genes, which seemingly transposed along with the coding sequences...
- Morales M, Orjeda G, Nieto C, van Leeuwen H, Monfort A, Charpentier M, et al. A physical map covering the nsv locus that confers resistance to Melon necrotic spot virus in melon (Cucumis melo L.). Theor Appl Genet. 2005;111:914-22 pubmed..We also identified a single 100 kb BAC that physically contains the resistance gene and covers a genetic distance of 0.73 cM between both BAC ends. These are the basis for the isolation of the nsv recessive-resistance gene...
- Badal M, Portela A, Xamena N, Cabré O. Molecular and bioinformatic analysis of the FB-NOF transposable element. Gene. 2006;371:130-5 pubmed..With the results of this analysis, we propose a model of transposition in which NOF jumps from FB to FB, using an unidentified transposase enzyme that should specifically recognize the second repeat end of the FB blocks. ..
- Merchan M, Rendon M, Folch J. Assignment of the oviductal glycoprotein 1 gene (OVGP1) to porcine chromosome 4q22-->q23 by radiation hybrid panel mapping. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2006;114:93C pubmed
- Laayouni H, García Franco F, Chávez Sandoval B, Trotta V, Beltran S, Corominas M, et al. Thermal evolution of gene expression profiles in Drosophila subobscura. BMC Evol Biol. 2007;7:42 pubmed..Furthermore, some clustering of genes within inverted chromosomal sections was detected. Disentangling the effects of inversions will be obviously required in any future approach if we want to identify the relevant candidate genes. ..
- Barragan I, Borrego S, Abd El Aziz M, El Ashry M, Abu Safieh L, Bhattacharya S, et al. Genetic analysis of FAM46A in Spanish families with autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa: characterisation of novel VNTRs. Ann Hum Genet. 2008;72:26-34 pubmed
- Vera G, Jansen R, Suppi R. R/parallel--speeding up bioinformatics analysis with R. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:390 pubmed publisher..Future work is focused on extending the envelope of R/parallel by interconnecting and aggregating the power of several computers, both existing office computers and computing clusters. ..