Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cho cells in Germany
Topic: cho cells
Publications197 found, 100 shown here
- Oeffner F, Fischer G, Happle R, König A, Betz R, Bornholdt D, et al. IFAP syndrome is caused by deficiency in MBTPS2, an intramembrane zinc metalloprotease essential for cholesterol homeostasis and ER stress response. Am J Hum Genet. 2009;84:459-67 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the phenotypic expression of IFAP syndrome is quantitatively related to a reduced function of a key cellular regulatory system affecting cholesterol homeostasis and ability to cope with ER stress...
- Traenka J, Hauck C, Lewandrowski U, Sickmann A, Gambaryan S, Thalheimer P, et al. Integrin-dependent translocation of LASP-1 to the cytoskeleton of activated platelets correlates with LASP-1 phosphorylation at tyrosine 171 by Src-kinase. Thromb Haemost. 2009;102:520-8 pubmed publisher..Concomitant with adhesion, LASP-1 translocated from the cytosol along the arms of the pseudopodia into the leading lamellae of the spreading platelets, indicating a crucial role of the protein in platelet cytoskeleton rearrangement. ..
- Friedrich K, Hanauer J, Prüfer S, Münch R, Völker I, Filippis C, et al. DARPin-targeting of measles virus: unique bispecificity, effective oncolysis, and enhanced safety. Mol Ther. 2013;21:849-59 pubmed publisher..Thus, DARPin-targeting opens new prospects for the development of personalized, targeted therapeutics. ..
- Maiwald A, Bauer O, Gimpl G. Synthesis and characterization of a novel rhodamine labeled cholesterol reporter. Biochim Biophys Acta Biomembr. 2017;1859:1099-1113 pubmed publisher..Instead, it translocated to endosomes/lysosomes with some transient contacts to peroxisomes. Thus, RChol is considered as a useful probe to study the endosomal/lysosomal pathway of cholesterol. ..
- Pardo L, Brüggemann A, Camacho J, Stuhmer W. Cell cycle-related changes in the conducting properties of r-eag K+ channels. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:767-75 pubmed..The combined data obtained from mammalian cells and oocytes strongly suggest that the permeability properties of r-eag K+ channels are modulated during cell cycle-related processes. ..
- Wicke K, Garcia Ladona J. The dopamine D3 receptor partial agonist, BP 897, is an antagonist at human dopamine D3 receptors and at rat somatodendritic dopamine D3 receptors. Eur J Pharmacol. 2001;424:85-90 pubmed..1 mg/kg). Our data demonstrate that BP 897 acts, in vivo and in vitro, as a dopamine D3 receptor antagonist. ..
- Lenz O, ter Meulen J, Klenk H, Seidah N, Garten W. The Lassa virus glycoprotein precursor GP-C is proteolytically processed by subtilase SKI-1/S1P. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:12701-5 pubmed..To our knowledge, there have been no previous reports of this type of viral glycoprotein processing, one that may be an interesting target for antiviral therapy...
- Niedernberg A, Tunaru S, Blaukat A, Ardati A, Kostenis E. Sphingosine 1-phosphate and dioleoylphosphatidic acid are low affinity agonists for the orphan receptor GPR63. Cell Signal. 2003;15:435-46 pubmed..The discovery that S1P, dihydro-S1P and dioleoylphosphatidic acid activate GPR63 will facilitate the identification of agonists and antagonists, and help to unravel the biological function of this receptor. ..
- Chavakis T, Santoso S, Clemetson K, Sachs U, Isordia Salas I, Pixley R, et al. High molecular weight kininogen regulates platelet-leukocyte interactions by bridging Mac-1 and glycoprotein Ib. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45375-81 pubmed..These distinct molecular interactions of HK with leukocytes and platelets contribute to the regulation of the adhesive behavior of vascular cells and provide novel molecular targets for reducing atherothrombotic pathologies. ..
- Massberg S, Konrad I, Bültmann A, Schulz C, Münch G, Peluso M, et al. Soluble glycoprotein VI dimer inhibits platelet adhesion and aggregation to the injured vessel wall in vivo. FASEB J. 2004;18:397-9 pubmed..These findings further substantiate the critical role of the collagen receptor GPVI in the initiation of thrombus formation at sites of vascular injury and identify soluble GPVI as a promising antithrombotic strategy. ..
- Kirchner C, Liedl T, Kudera S, Pellegrino T, Munoz Javier A, Gaub H, et al. Cytotoxicity of colloidal CdSe and CdSe/ZnS nanoparticles. Nano Lett. 2005;5:331-8 pubmed..Additional patch clamp experiments investigate effects of the particles on currents through ion channels. ..
- Bork K, Reutter W, Gerardy Schahn R, Horstkorte R. The intracellular concentration of sialic acid regulates the polysialylation of the neural cell adhesion molecule. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:5079-83 pubmed..This could also be achieved by application of the sialic acid precursor N-acetylmannosamine. Our data suggest that biosynthesis of sialic acid regulates and limits the synthesis of polysialic acid...
- Kzhyshkowska J, Workman G, Cardo Vila M, Arap W, Pasqualini R, Gratchev A, et al. Novel function of alternatively activated macrophages: stabilin-1-mediated clearance of SPARC. J Immunol. 2006;176:5825-32 pubmed..We propose that alternatively activated macrophages coordinate extracellular matrix remodeling, angiogenesis, and tumor progression via stabilin-1-mediated endocytosis of SPARC and thereby regulate its extracellular concentration. ..
- Gurok U, Bork K, Nuber U, Spörle R, Nöhring S, Horstkorte R. Expression of Ndufb11 encoding the neuronal protein 15.6 during neurite outgrowth and development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:370-4 pubmed..The down-regulation of NP15.6 correlates with neurite outgrowth of PC12 cells induced by nerve growth factor. Furthermore, we analyzed the expression of Ndufb11 in the embryonic and adult mouse. ..
- Elter A, Hartel A, Sieben C, Hertel B, Fischer Schliebs E, Lüttge U, et al. A plant homolog of animal chloride intracellular channels (CLICs) generates an ion conductance in heterologous systems. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:8786-92 pubmed..The increase of ion conductance by AtDHAR1 is better explained by a CLIC-like channel activity than by a modification of endogenous channel proteins. ..
- Klaile E, Müller M, Kannicht C, Otto W, Singer B, Reutter W, et al. The cell adhesion receptor carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 1 regulates nucleocytoplasmic trafficking of DNA polymerase delta-interacting protein 38. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:26629-40 pubmed
- Michels G, Brandt M, Zagidullin N, Khan I, Larbig R, van Aaken S, et al. Direct evidence for calcium conductance of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channels and human native If at physiological calcium concentrations. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;78:466-75 pubmed publisher..This might have particular implications in diseased states with increased I(f) density and HCN expression. ..
- Tenhumberg S, Waetzig G, Chalaris A, Rabe B, Seegert D, Scheller J, et al. Structure-guided optimization of the interleukin-6 trans-signaling antagonist sgp130. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:27200-7 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate the species specificity of these mutations in the optimal triple mutein (T102Y/Q113F/N114L) both in vitro and in a mouse model of acute inflammation. ..
- Nagy P, Claus J, Jovin T, Arndt Jovin D. Distribution of resting and ligand-bound ErbB1 and ErbB2 receptor tyrosine kinases in living cells using number and brightness analysis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:16524-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that these ErbB2 clusters are promoted primarily by membrane-mediated interactions and are dispersed upon ligand stimulation. ..
- Blum R, Feick P, Puype M, Vandekerckhove J, Klengel R, Nastainczyk W, et al. Tmp21 and p24A, two type I proteins enriched in pancreatic microsomal membranes, are members of a protein family involved in vesicular trafficking. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:17183-9 pubmed..This leads us to conclude that the receptor-like Tmp21 and p24A are involved in vesicular targeting and protein transport. ..
- Wild M, Huang M, Schulze Horsel U, van der Merwe P, Vestweber D. Affinity, kinetics, and thermodynamics of E-selectin binding to E-selectin ligand-1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:31602-12 pubmed
- Mechtersheimer S, Gutwein P, Agmon Levin N, Stoeck A, Oleszewski M, Riedle S, et al. Ectodomain shedding of L1 adhesion molecule promotes cell migration by autocrine binding to integrins. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:661-73 pubmed..We propose that ectodomain-released L1 promotes migration by autocrine/paracrine stimulation via alpha v beta 5. This regulatory loop could be relevant for migratory processes under physiological and pathophysiological conditions. ..
- Failer B, Braun N, Zimmermann H. Cloning, expression, and functional characterization of a Ca(2+)-dependent endoplasmic reticulum nucleoside diphosphatase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36978-86 pubmed..Ca(2+)-dependent nucleoside diphosphatase may support glycosylation reactions related to quality control in the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Gutwein P, Mechtersheimer S, Riedle S, Stoeck A, Gast D, Joumaa S, et al. ADAM10-mediated cleavage of L1 adhesion molecule at the cell surface and in released membrane vesicles. FASEB J. 2003;17:292-4 pubmed..The findings establish a novel role for ADAM10 as a vesicle-based protease. ..
- Izsvák Z, Stüwe E, Fiedler D, Katzer A, Jeggo P, Ivics Z. Healing the wounds inflicted by sleeping beauty transposition by double-strand break repair in mammalian somatic cells. Mol Cell. 2004;13:279-90 pubmed..The overlapping but distinct roles of repair factors in transposition and in V(D)J recombination might influence the outcomes of these mechanistically similar processes. ..
- Bixel G, Kloep S, Butz S, Petri B, Engelhardt B, Vestweber D. Mouse CD99 participates in T-cell recruitment into inflamed skin. Blood. 2004;104:3205-13 pubmed..We conclude that mouse CD99 participates in the TEM of lymphocytes and in their recruitment to inflamed skin in vivo. This establishes CD99 as a valid target for interference with cutaneous inflammatory processes. ..
- Gögelein H, Brendel J, Steinmeyer K, Strübing C, Picard N, Rampe D, et al. Effects of the atrial antiarrhythmic drug AVE0118 on cardiac ion channels. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2004;370:183-92 pubmed..In summary, AVE0118 preferentially inhibits the atrial K(+) channels I(Kur), I(to) and I(KACH). This profile may explain the selective prolongation of atrial refractoriness described previously in pigs and goats. ..
- Hirdes W, Schweizer M, Schuricht K, Guddat S, Wulfsen I, Bauer C, et al. Fast erg K+ currents in rat embryonic serotonergic neurones. J Physiol. 2005;564:33-49 pubmed..Our data suggest that the erg channels in rat embryonic rhombencephalon neurones are heteromultimers formed by different erg channel subunits. ..
- Martin F, Linden T, Katschinski D, Oehme F, Flamme I, Mukhopadhyay C, et al. Copper-dependent activation of hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-1: implications for ceruloplasmin regulation. Blood. 2005;105:4613-9 pubmed
- Liu Y, Walter S, Stagi M, Cherny D, Letiembre M, Schulz Schaeffer W, et al. LPS receptor (CD14): a receptor for phagocytosis of Alzheimer's amyloid peptide. Brain. 2005;128:1778-89 pubmed
- Lee W, Reichold M, Edemir B, Ciarimboli G, Warth R, Koepsell H, et al. Organic cation transporters OCT1, 2, and 3 mediate high-affinity transport of the mutagenic vital dye ethidium in the kidney proximal tubule. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;296:F1504-13 pubmed publisher..Considering the high affinity of OCTs for Et(+) and their strong expression in various organs, strict safety guidelines for Et(+) handling should be reinforced. ..
- Maisa A, Stroher U, Klenk H, Garten W, Strecker T. Inhibition of Lassa virus glycoprotein cleavage and multicycle replication by site 1 protease-adapted alpha(1)-antitrypsin variants. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2009;3:e446 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we tested in this study the concept of using S1P as a target to block efficient virus replication...
- Zhan T, Digel M, Küch E, Stremmel W, Fullekrug J. Silybin and dehydrosilybin decrease glucose uptake by inhibiting GLUT proteins. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:849-59 pubmed publisher..We conclude that silybin and dehydrosilybin inhibit cellular glucose uptake by directly interacting with GLUT transporters. Glucose starvation offers a novel explanation for the anti-cancer effects of silybin. ..
- Milde M, Rinne A, Wunder F, Engelhardt S, Bünemann M. Dynamics of G?i1 interaction with type 5 adenylate cyclase reveal the molecular basis for high sensitivity of Gi-mediated inhibition of cAMP production. Biochem J. 2013;454:515-23 pubmed publisher..This led us to the conclusion that AC5, by binding active G?i1, interferes with G-protein deactivation and reassembly and thereby might sensitize its own regulation. ..
- Lacinova L, Ludwig A, Bosse E, Flockerzi V, Hofmann F. The block of the expressed L-type calcium channel is modulated by the beta 3 subunit. FEBS Lett. 1995;373:103-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the beta 3 subunit affects distinctly the interaction of the expressed alpha 1C subunit with different classes of organic calcium channel blockers. ..
- Staszewski O, Nikolova T, Kaina B. Kinetics of gamma-H2AX focus formation upon treatment of cells with UV light and alkylating agents. Environ Mol Mutagen. 2008;49:734-40 pubmed publisher..The data support that gamma-H2AX foci are a useful marker of DSBs that are induced by S-phase dependent genotoxins during replication. ..
- Schiedel A, Hinz S, Thimm D, Sherbiny F, Borrmann T, Maass A, et al. The four cysteine residues in the second extracellular loop of the human adenosine A2B receptor: role in ligand binding and receptor function. Biochem Pharmacol. 2011;82:389-99 pubmed publisher..25-C45.50 disulfide bond is essential for ligand binding and receptor activation. Thus, the cysteine residues in the ECL2 of the A(2B) receptor not involved in stabilization of the receptor structure may have other functions. ..
- Kowanetz K, Crosetto N, Haglund K, Schmidt M, Heldin C, Dikic I. Suppressors of T-cell receptor signaling Sts-1 and Sts-2 bind to Cbl and inhibit endocytosis of receptor tyrosine kinases. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32786-95 pubmed..We suggest that Sts-1 and Sts-2 represent a novel class of Ub-binding proteins that regulate RTK endocytosis and control growth factor-induced cellular functions. ..
- Brandenburg K, Wagner F, Muller M, Heine H, Andrä J, Koch M, et al. Physicochemical characterization and biological activity of a glycoglycerolipid from Mycoplasma fermentans. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:3271-9 pubmed
- Beyer D, Kroll H, Endermann R, Schiffer G, Siegel S, Bauser M, et al. New class of bacterial phenylalanyl-tRNA synthetase inhibitors with high potency and broad-spectrum activity. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2004;48:525-32 pubmed..pneumoniae sepsis model in rats. Treatment with the phenyl-thiazolylurea-sulfonamides reduced the bacterial titer in various organs by up to 3 log units, supporting the potential value of Phe-RS as a target in antibacterial therapy. ..
- Seifert K, Ibrahim H, Stodtmeister T, Winklbauer R, Niessen C. An adhesion-independent, aPKC-dependent function for cadherins in morphogenetic movements. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2514-23 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that increased cadherin shedding, often observed in cancer progression, can regulate migration and invasion by modulating polarity protein activity. ..
- Dierks T, Schmidt B, Borissenko L, Peng J, Preusser A, Mariappan M, et al. Multiple sulfatase deficiency is caused by mutations in the gene encoding the human C(alpha)-formylglycine generating enzyme. Cell. 2003;113:435-44 pubmed..The gene encoding FGE is highly conserved among pro- and eukaryotes and has a paralog of unknown function in vertebrates. FGE is localized in the endoplasmic reticulum and is predicted to have a tripartite domain structure...
- Fertig N, George M, Klau M, Meyer C, Tilke A, Sobotta C, et al. Microstructured apertures in planar glass substrates for ion channel research. Receptors Channels. 2003;9:29-40 pubmed..An additional attractive application that is greatly facilitated by the combination of planar geometry with the optical neutrality of the substrate is single-molecule fluorescence recording with simultaneous single-channel measurements. ..
- Brock R, Jovin T. Heterogeneity of signal transduction at the subcellular level: microsphere-based focal EGF receptor activation and stimulation of Shc translocation. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:2437-47 pubmed
- Hogger P, Dreier J, Droste A, Buck F, Sorg C. Identification of the integral membrane protein RM3/1 on human monocytes as a glucocorticoid-inducible member of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich family (CD163). J Immunol. 1998;161:1883-90 pubmed..Taken together with a previous result showing an involvement of RM3/1 in adhesion of monocytes to the activated endothelium, we discuss that CD163 might play an important role in inflammatory processes. ..
- Isbert S, Wagner K, Eggert S, Schweitzer A, Multhaup G, Weggen S, et al. APP dimer formation is initiated in the endoplasmic reticulum and differs between APP isoforms. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2012;69:1353-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, suggesting that steric properties of KPI-APP might be the cause for weaker cis-interaction in the ER, compared to APP695. Finally, we provide evidence that APP/APLP1 heterointeractions are likewise initiated in the ER. ..
- Lintzel J, Franke I, Riedel I, Schaller H, Hampe W. Characterization of the VPS10 domain of SorLA/LR11 as binding site for the neuropeptide HA. Biol Chem. 2002;383:1727-33 pubmed..The propeptide inhibited HA-stimulated mitosis and proliferation in the human neuroendocrine cell line BON and the neuronal precursor cell line NT2. We conclude that sorLA is necessary for HA signaling and function. ..
- Manhart S, Hinke S, McIntosh C, Pederson R, Demuth H. Structure-function analysis of a series of novel GIP analogues containing different helical length linkers. Biochemistry. 2003;42:3081-8 pubmed
- Yan L, Bertarelli D, Hayallah A, Meyer H, Klotz K, Muller C. A new synthesis of sulfonamides by aminolysis of p-nitrophenylsulfonates yielding potent and selective adenosine A2B receptor antagonists. J Med Chem. 2006;49:4384-91 pubmed..6 nM for the human A(2B) receptor combined with high selectivity versus the other human adenosine receptor subtypes (575-fold versus A(1), 134-fold versus A(2A), and >278-fold versus A(3)). ..
- Chambon C, Jatzke C, Wegener N, Gravius A, Danysz W. Using cholinergic M1 receptor positive allosteric modulators to improve memory via enhancement of brain cholinergic communication. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;697:73-80 pubmed publisher..The present data show the therapeutic potential of the M(1) receptor positive allosteric modulator BQCA for the treatment of memory deficits observed in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Storch S, Pohl S, Braulke T. A dileucine motif and a cluster of acidic amino acids in the second cytoplasmic domain of the batten disease-related CLN3 protein are required for efficient lysosomal targeting. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53625-34 pubmed
- Böhme C, Nimtz M, Grabenhorst E, Conradt H, Strathmann A, Ragg H. Tyrosine sulfation and N-glycosylation of human heparin cofactor II from plasma and recombinant Chinese hamster ovary cells and their effects on heparin binding. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:977-88 pubmed
- Klewitz C, Klenk H, Ter Meulen J. Amino acids from both N-terminal hydrophobic regions of the Lassa virus envelope glycoprotein GP-2 are critical for pH-dependent membrane fusion and infectivity. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:2320-8 pubmed..The data demonstrate that several amino acids from both hydrophobic regions of the N terminus, some of which (W264, G277, Y278 and L280) are 100 % conserved in all arenaviruses, are involved in fusogenicity and infectivity of LASV GP-2. ..
- Jack R, Fan X, Bernheiden M, Rune G, Ehlers M, Weber A, et al. Lipopolysaccharide-binding protein is required to combat a murine gram-negative bacterial infection. Nature. 1997;389:742-5 pubmed
- Hansel A, Kuschel L, Hehl S, Lemke C, Agricola H, Hoshi T, et al. Mitochondrial targeting of the human peptide methionine sulfoxide reductase (MSRA), an enzyme involved in the repair of oxidized proteins. FASEB J. 2002;16:911-3 pubmed..Mitochondria are the major source of reactive oxygen species (ROS). Therefore, MSRA has to be considered an important means for the general reduction of ROS release from mitochondria. ..
- Passreiter M, Anton M, Lay D, Frank R, Harter C, Wieland F, et al. Peroxisome biogenesis: involvement of ARF and coatomer. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:373-83 pubmed
- Rohde G, Wenzel D, Haucke V. A phosphatidylinositol (4,5)-bisphosphate binding site within mu2-adaptin regulates clathrin-mediated endocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2002;158:209-14 pubmed..We suggest that PI(4,5)P2 binding to mu2-adaptin regulates clathrin-mediated endocytosis and thereby may contribute to structurally linking cargo recognition to coat formation. ..
- Lodder Gadaczek J, Becker I, Gieselmann V, Wang Eckhardt L, Eckhardt M. N-acetylaspartylglutamate synthetase II synthesizes N-acetylaspartylglutamylglutamate. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:16693-706 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge the presence of NAAG(2) in the vertebrate nervous system has not been described before. The physiological role of NAAG(2), e.g. whether it acts as a neurotransmitter, remains to be determined. ..
- Keller M, Pop N, Hutzler C, Beck Sickinger A, Bernhardt G, Buschauer A. Guanidine-acylguanidine bioisosteric approach in the design of radioligands: synthesis of a tritium-labeled N(G)-propionylargininamide ([3H]-UR-MK114) as a highly potent and selective neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor antagonist. J Med Chem. 2008;51:8168-72 pubmed publisher..The title compound is a useful pharmacological tool for the determination of Y(1)R ligand affinities, quantification of Y(1)R binding sites, and autoradiography...
- Burger K, Ilicic K, Dierolf M, Günther B, Walsh D, Schmid E, et al. Increased cell survival and cytogenetic integrity by spatial dose redistribution at a compact synchrotron X-ray source. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186005 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide valuable insight into the mechanisms of microbeam radiotherapy and prove its applicability at a compact synchrotron, which contributes to its future clinical translation...
- Schneider I, Haller D, Kullmann B, Beyer D, Ahmed J, Seitzer U. Identification, molecular characterization and subcellular localization of a Theileria annulata parasite protein secreted into the host cell cytoplasm. Parasitol Res. 2007;101:1471-82 pubmed..The distribution of TaSE during mitosis makes it a protein to consider as playing a potential role for parasite distribution into daughter host cells...
- Ritter A, Voedisch B, Wienberg J, Wilms B, Geisse S, Jostock T, et al. Deletion of a telomeric region on chromosome 8 correlates with higher productivity and stability of CHO cell lines. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2016;113:1084-93 pubmed publisher..This allows reduced efforts in single cell sorting, screening of fewer clones and raises the opportunity to circumvent time and labor-intensive stability studies. ..
- Walisko O, Izsvák Z, Szabó K, Kaufman C, Herold S, Ivics Z. Sleeping Beauty transposase modulates cell-cycle progression through interaction with Miz-1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:4062-7 pubmed..Because nonhomologous end-joining is required for efficient SB transposition, the transposase-induced G(1) slowdown is probably a selfish act on the transposon's part to maximize the chance for a successful transposition event. ..
- Biliczki P, Girmatsion Z, Brandes R, Harenkamp S, Pitard B, Charpentier F, et al. Trafficking-deficient long QT syndrome mutation KCNQ1-T587M confers severe clinical phenotype by impairment of KCNH2 membrane localization: evidence for clinically significant IKr-IKs alpha-subunit interaction. Heart Rhythm. 2009;6:1792-801 pubmed publisher
- Piiper A, Elez R, You S, Kronenberger B, Loitsch S, Roche S, et al. Cholecystokinin stimulates extracellular signal-regulated kinase through activation of the epidermal growth factor receptor, Yes, and protein kinase C. Signal amplification at the level of Raf by activation of protein kinase Cepsilon. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:7065-72 pubmed
- Fälker S, Schilling J, Schmidt M, Heusipp G. Overproduction of DNA adenine methyltransferase alters motility, invasion, and the lipopolysaccharide O-antigen composition of Yersinia enterocolitica. Infect Immun. 2007;75:4990-7 pubmed..enterocolitica and indicate that Dam targets regulatory processes modulating the composition and function of the bacterial surface. ..
- Zahn K, Eckstein N, Tränkle C, Sadee W, Mohr K. Allosteric modulation of muscarinic receptor signaling: alcuronium-induced conversion of pilocarpine from an agonist into an antagonist. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;301:720-8 pubmed..97). [(3)H]Oxotremorine M binding data corresponded with the functional findings. In conclusion, alcuronium converted the agonist pilocarpine into an antagonist-a novel type of functional allosteric interaction...
- Singethan K, Müller N, Schubert S, Lüttge D, Krementsov D, Khurana S, et al. CD9 clustering and formation of microvilli zippers between contacting cells regulates virus-induced cell fusion. Traffic. 2008;9:924-35 pubmed publisher..Thus, the tetraspanin CD9 can regulate cell-cell fusion by controlling the access of the fusion machinery to cell contact areas...
- Glatt H, Pabel U, Meinl W, Frederiksen H, Frandsen H, Muckel E. Bioactivation of the heterocyclic aromatic amine 2-amino-3-methyl-9H-pyrido [2,3-b]indole (MeAalphaC) in recombinant test systems expressing human xenobiotic-metabolizing enzymes. Carcinogenesis. 2004;25:801-7 pubmed..Another minor activation pathway involved benzylic hydroxylation followed by sulpho conjugation by SULT1A1. ..
- Stenbeck G, Harter C, Brecht A, Herrmann D, Lottspeich F, Orci L, et al. beta'-COP, a novel subunit of coatomer. EMBO J. 1993;12:2841-5 pubmed..This subunit occurs in amounts stoichiometric to the established COPs both in the coatomer and in nonclathrin-coated vesicles and shows homology to the beta-subunits of trimeric G proteins. ..
- Kullak Ublick G, Beuers U, Fahney C, Hagenbuch B, Meier P, Paumgartner G. Identification and functional characterization of the promoter region of the human organic anion transporting polypeptide gene. Hepatology. 1997;26:991-7 pubmed..The up-regulation of OATP expression by taurocholate could serve to enhance the sinusoidal efflux of toxic intracellular compounds during chronic cholestasis. ..
- Illenberger S, Zheng Fischhöfer Q, Preuss U, Stamer K, Baumann K, Trinczek B, et al. The endogenous and cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation of tau protein in living cells: implications for Alzheimer's disease. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:1495-512 pubmed..Since S214 is also phosphorylated in Alzheimer's disease tau, our results support the view that reactivation of the cell cycle machinery is involved in tau hyperphosphorylation. ..
- Bartoi T, Rigbolt K, Du D, Köhr G, Blagoev B, Kornau H. GABAB receptor constituents revealed by tandem affinity purification from transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:20625-33 pubmed publisher..The mice equipped with tags on GABA(B1) facilitate validation and identification of native binding partners of GABA(B) receptors, providing insight into the molecular mechanisms of synaptic modulation. ..
- Bouyssou T, Casarosa P, Naline E, Pestel S, Konetzki I, Devillier P, et al. Pharmacological characterization of olodaterol, a novel inhaled beta2-adrenoceptor agonist exerting a 24-hour-long duration of action in preclinical models. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;334:53-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the preclinical behavior of olodaterol suggests that this novel beta(2)-AR agonist has the profile for once-daily dosing in humans concomitant with a fast onset of action and a favorable systemic pharmacodynamic profile. ..
- Erlenhoefer C, Wurzer W, Löffler S, Schneider Schaulies S, ter Meulen V, Schneider Schaulies J. CD150 (SLAM) is a receptor for measles virus but is not involved in viral contact-mediated proliferation inhibition. J Virol. 2001;75:4499-505 pubmed..The data indicate that proliferation inhibition induced by MV contact is independent of the presence or absence of the virus-binding receptors SLAM and CD46. ..
- Brandenburg K, Garidel P, Schromm A, Andrä J, Kramer A, Egmond M, et al. Investigation into the interaction of the bacterial protease OmpT with outer membrane lipids and biological activity of OmpT:lipopolysaccharide complexes. Eur Biophys J. 2005;34:28-41 pubmed..This might be of general importance for infections induced by Gram-negative bacteria. ..
- Schmidtke M, Hammerschmidt E, Schüler S, Zell R, Birch Hirschfeld E, Makarov V, et al. Susceptibility of coxsackievirus B3 laboratory strains and clinical isolates to the capsid function inhibitor pleconaril: antiviral studies with virus chimeras demonstrate the crucial role of amino acid 1092 in treatment. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2005;56:648-56 pubmed..Computational analysis suggests that conformational changes in the hydrophobic pocket occur when leucine is substituted for isoleucine or valine and that this change leads to susceptibility to pleconaril. ..
- Bieschke J, Russ J, Friedrich R, Ehrnhoefer D, Wobst H, Neugebauer K, et al. EGCG remodels mature alpha-synuclein and amyloid-beta fibrils and reduces cellular toxicity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:7710-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that EGCG is a potent remodeling agent of mature amyloid fibrils. ..
- Gabius H, Van de Wouwer M, Andre S, Villalobo A. Down-regulation of the epidermal growth factor receptor by altering N-glycosylation: emerging role of ?1,4-galactosyltransferases. Anticancer Res. 2012;32:1565-72 pubmed..Misrouting or defects in transfection/transcription were excluded. ?1,4-Galactosyl-transferases warrant for further attention as effector(s) in order to attenuate EGFR-dependent signaling. ..
- Sondermann P, Pincetic A, Maamary J, Lammens K, Ravetch J. General mechanism for modulating immunoglobulin effector function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:9868-72 pubmed publisher..This common mechanism has been targeted by pathogens to avoid host defense and offers targets for therapeutic intervention in allergic and autoimmune disorders. ..
- Frankenberg Schwager M, Garg I, Fran Kenberg D, Greve B, Severin E, Uthe D, et al. Mutagenicity of low-filtered 30 kVp X-rays, mammography X-rays and conventional X-rays in cultured mammalian cells. Int J Radiat Biol. 2002;78:781-9 pubmed..In the meantime, one should be cautious and avoid early and frequent mammography exposure of predisposed women. Alternative examination methods should be applied for these women with an inherited increased risk for breast cancer. ..
- Neu A, Neuhoff H, Trube G, Fehr S, Ullrich K, Roeper J, et al. Activation of GABA(A) receptors by guanidinoacetate: a novel pathophysiological mechanism. Neurobiol Dis. 2002;11:298-307 pubmed..The interaction of GAA with neuronal GABA(A) receptors represents a candidate mechanism explaining neurological dysfunction in GAMT deficiency...
- Leshchyns ka I, Sytnyk V, Morrow J, Schachner M. Neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM) association with PKCbeta2 via betaI spectrin is implicated in NCAM-mediated neurite outgrowth. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:625-39 pubmed..Furthermore, transfection with betaI2-3 inhibits NCAM-induced neurite outgrowth, showing that formation of the NCAM-spectrin-PKCbeta2 complex is necessary for NCAM-mediated neurite outgrowth. ..
- Montanez E, Ussar S, Schifferer M, Bösl M, Zent R, Moser M, et al. Kindlin-2 controls bidirectional signaling of integrins. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1325-30 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence that Kindlin-2 is a novel and essential element of bidirectional integrin signaling. ..
- Dierker T, Dreier R, Petersen A, Bordych C, Grobe K. Heparan sulfate-modulated, metalloprotease-mediated sonic hedgehog release from producing cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:8013-22 pubmed publisher..Based on those data, we suggest new roles for metalloproteases, including but not restricted to ADAM17, and for HS-proteoglycans in Hedgehog signaling. ..
- Holterhus P, Piefke S, Hiort O. Anabolic steroids, testosterone-precursors and virilizing androgens induce distinct activation profiles of androgen responsive promoter constructs. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;82:269-75 pubmed..We conclude that steroid-specific differences in gene transcription profiles due to androgen receptor activation could contribute to differences in biological actions of androgens. ..
- Santuccione A, Sytnyk V, Leshchyns ka I, Schachner M. Prion protein recruits its neuronal receptor NCAM to lipid rafts to activate p59fyn and to enhance neurite outgrowth. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:341-54 pubmed
- Nieva C, Gwozdz T, Dutko Gwozdz J, Wiedenmann J, Spindler Barth M, Wieczorek E, et al. Ultraspiracle promotes the nuclear localization of ecdysteroid receptor in mammalian cells. Biol Chem. 2005;386:463-70 pubmed..The USP-induced nuclear localization of YFP-EcR was stable for at least 20 hours. These experiments suggest that USP has a profound effect on the subcellular distribution of EcR. ..