Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on chickens in United States
Locale: United States
Publications394 found, 100 shown here
- Sumida J, Wu E, Lehrer S. Conserved Asp-137 imparts flexibility to tropomyosin and affects function. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:6728-34 pubmed publisher..We thus have shown a link between the dynamic properties of Tm and its function. ..
- Chen X, Patel T, Simirskii V, Duncan M. PCNA interacts with Prox1 and represses its transcriptional activity. Mol Vis. 2008;14:2076-86 pubmed
- Bouldin C, Harfe B. Aberrant FGF signaling, independent of ectopic hedgehog signaling, initiates preaxial polydactyly in Dorking chickens. Dev Biol. 2009;334:133-41 pubmed publisher..Our data indicates that in Dorking chickens, preaxial polydactyly is initiated independent of Shh...
- Lim C, Hamazaki T, Braun E, Wade J, Terada N. Evolutionary genomics implies a specific function of Ant4 in mammalian and anole lizard male germ cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23122 pubmed publisher..Taken together with the fact that Ant4 protein has a uniquely conserved structure when compared to other somatic Ant1, 2 and 3, there may be a specific advantage for mammals and lizards to express Ant4 in their male germ cells...
- Gwak S, Nice J, Zhang J, Green B, Macks C, Bae S, et al. Cationic, amphiphilic copolymer micelles as nucleic acid carriers for enhanced transfection in rat spinal cord. Acta Biomater. 2016;35:98-108 pubmed publisher..The combination of improved transfection and reduced cytotoxicity in the presence of serum as well as transfection of neural cells in vivo suggests PgP may be a promising nucleic acid carrier for CNS gene delivery. ..
- Munaretto J, Yonkos L, Aga D. Transformation of ionophore antimicrobials in poultry litter during pilot-scale composting. Environ Pollut. 2016;212:392-400 pubmed publisher..Three transformation products and one metabolite of ionophores were identified in the composted litter using high-resolution liquid chromatography with quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry (LC-QToF/MS). ..
- Kline K, Sanders B. RRR-alpha-tocopheryl succinate enhances T cell mitogen-induced proliferation and reduces suppressor activity in spleen cells derived from AEV-infected chickens. Nutr Cancer. 1991;15:73-85 pubmed..These studies suggest a role for the antioxidant functions of RRR-alpha-tocopheryl succinate in modulation of retrovirus-induced immune abnormalities...
- Wiernusz C, Teeter R. Research note: Maxiban effects on heat-distressed broiler growth rate and feed efficiency. Poult Sci. 1991;70:2207-9 pubmed..48) to birds not consuming Maxiban. Under the conditions of the present study, Maxiban increased the mortality rate of male broilers exposed to cycling ambient temperature of 24 to 35 C during 4 to 7 wk posthatching...
- Wei Y, Yang E, Klatt K, Tassava R. Monoclonal antibody MT2 identifies the urodele alpha 1 chain of type XII collagen, a developmentally regulated extracellular matrix protein in regenerating newt limbs. Dev Biol. 1995;168:503-13 pubmed..Condensing cartilage showed no signal. Finally, at the late digit stage, hybridization became largely restricted to the perichondrium. The in situ results suggest a developmental role for type XII collagen in regeneration. ..
- Mueller Hill K, Loeb D. Previously unsuspected cis-acting sequences for DNA replication revealed by characterization of a chimeric heron/duck hepatitis B virus. J Virol. 1996;70:8310-7 pubmed..Our findings suggest that a specific higher-order template structure is involved in the mechanism of hepadnavirus DNA replication...
- Snow D, Mullins N, Hynds D. Nervous system-derived chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans regulate growth cone morphology and inhibit neurite outgrowth: a light, epifluorescence, and electron microscopy study. Microsc Res Tech. 2001;54:273-86 pubmed
- Handa R, Handa S, Elgemark M. Autoradiographic analysis and regulation of angiotensin receptor subtypes AT(4), AT(1), and AT((1-7)) in the kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2001;281:F936-47 pubmed..Furthermore, several models of renal dysfunction and injury have been identified that selectively alter kidney AT(4) density and may potentially aid in elucidating the role of this novel angiotensin receptor system in renal function...
- Chapman H, Johnson Z. Use of antibiotics and roxarsone in broiler chickens in the USA: analysis for the years 1995 to 2000. Poult Sci. 2002;81:356-64 pubmed..The cost of medicating with ION + ROX + ANT decreased from 1995 to 1998. ..
- Sullivan W, Owen B, Toft D. The influence of ATP and p23 on the conformation of hsp90. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45942-8 pubmed..p23 specifically recognizes this state and may also facilitate subsequent steps in the chaperoning cycle. ..
- Webster A. Welfare implications of avian osteoporosis. Poult Sci. 2004;83:184-92 pubmed..Overall, the evidence indicates that cage layer osteoporosis is a serious animal welfare problem. A determined effort must be made to make the laying hen no longer susceptible to the harmful effects of excessive bone loss...
- Cherian G, Goeger M. Hepatic lipid characteristics and histopathology of laying hens fed CLA or n-3 fatty acids. Lipids. 2004;39:31-6 pubmed..05). Long-term feeding of CLA in laying birds leads to an increase in liver TAG and may predispose birds to fatty liver hemorrhagic syndrome. ..
- Konjufca V, Bottje W, Bersi T, Erf G. Influence of dietary vitamin E on phagocytic functions of macrophages in broilers. Poult Sci. 2004;83:1530-4 pubmed..It appears from this study that supplemental VE enhances Fc-receptor-mediated macrophage phagocytic activity at early stages of broiler growth. ..
- Li R, Richards M, Undeland I. Characterization of aqueous components in chicken breast muscle as inhibitors of hemoglobin-mediated lipid oxidation. J Agric Food Chem. 2005;53:767-75 pubmed..Heated and centrifuged PJ had 8 times more LMW iron compared to unheated PJ. Adding heated PJ to washed cod containing hemoglobin slightly increased the rate and extent of lipid oxidation. ..
- Shiau C, Lwigale P, Das R, Wilson S, Bronner Fraser M. Robo2-Slit1 dependent cell-cell interactions mediate assembly of the trigeminal ganglion. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:269-76 pubmed publisher..The resultant disorganization mimics the effects of neural crest ablation. Thus, our data reveal a novel and essential role for Robo2-Slit1 signaling in mediating neural crest-placode interactions during trigeminal gangliogenesis. ..
- Miller B, Trybus K. Functional effects of nemaline myopathy mutations on human skeletal alpha-actin. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:19379-88 pubmed publisher..If these subtle changes in polymerization observed in vitro are amplified in the context of the sarcomere, it could in principle be one of the primary insults that triggers the development of nemaline myopathy. ..
- Jiang Z, Piao D, Xu G, Ritchey J, Holyoak G, Bartels K, et al. Trans-rectal ultrasound-coupled near-infrared optical tomography of the prostate, part II: experimental demonstration. Opt Express. 2008;16:17505-20 pubmed..Trans-rectal NIR/US imaging of a healthy canine prostate in situ is reported. ..
- Cardenas Garcia S, Navarro Lopez R, Morales R, Olvera M, Marquez M, Merino R, et al. Molecular epidemiology of Newcastle disease in Mexico and the potential spillover of viruses from poultry into wild bird species. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013;79:4985-92 pubmed publisher..These findings, together with the discovery of two virulent viruses at the Mexican zoo, suggest that Newcastle disease viruses may be escaping from poultry into the environment. ..
- Zhang W, Didehvar D, Wang G, Yi J, Gilbert E, Cline M. Anorexigenic effect of serotonin is associated with changes in hypothalamic nuclei activity in an avian model. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2017;246:81-87 pubmed publisher..Together we interpret these results as exogenous 5HT injection causes short term satiety that is likely a secondary effect to an increase in the amount of time spent in deep rest. ..
- Kadar A, Thoreson A, Reisdorf R, Amadio P, Moran S, Zhao C. Turkey model for flexor tendon research: in vitro comparison of human, canine, turkey, and chicken tendons. J Surg Res. 2017;216:46-55 pubmed publisher..Turkey flexor tendons have many properties that are comparable to human flexor tendons which would provide a clinically relevant, economical, nonhuman companion large animal model for flexor tendon research. ..
- Guneratne J, Gard D. A comparison of three continuous and four shuttle anticoccidial programs. Poult Sci. 1991;70:1888-94 pubmed..Birds on the treatments containing NaNi either in the two shuttle programs or in the continuous program were significantly heavier than those on the two treatments containing nicarbazin at 125 ppm in shuttle programs...
- Kuttappan V, Shivaprasad H, Shaw D, Valentine B, Hargis B, Clark F, et al. Pathological changes associated with white striping in broiler breast muscles. Poult Sci. 2013;92:331-8 pubmed publisher..05), respectively, as the degree of white striping increased. In conclusion, the histopathological changes occurring in white striping indicate a degenerative myopathy that could be associated with increased growth rate in birds. ..
- Guo W, Li J, Kaltenboeck B, Gong J, Fan W, Wang C. Chlamydia gallinacea, not C. psittaci, is the endemic chlamydial species in chicken (Gallus gallus). Sci Rep. 2016;6:19638 pubmed publisher..psittaci dominates only in pigeons. Further studies are required to address the specific conditions under which C. gallinacea could act as an avian pathogen and possibly also a zoonotic agent. ..
- Smith D, Faber L, Toft D. Purification of unactivated progesterone receptor and identification of novel receptor-associated proteins. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:3996-4003 pubmed..One of the proteins, p54, displayed in vitro hormone-dependent dissociation which was not prevented by molybdate. ..
- Hann S, King M, Bentley D, Anderson C, Eisenman R. A non-AUG translational initiation in c-myc exon 1 generates an N-terminally distinct protein whose synthesis is disrupted in Burkitt's lymphomas. Cell. 1988;52:185-95 pubmed..In Burkitt's lymphomas, the removal or specific mutation of exon 1 in c-myc translocations correlates with suppression of synthesis of the larger protein, and thus may contribute to the oncogenic activation of c-myc. ..
- Rayment I, Holden H, Sellers J, Fananapazir L, Epstein N. Structural interpretation of the mutations in the beta-cardiac myosin that have been implicated in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:3864-8 pubmed..The remaining five mutations are in the myosin rod. The locations of these mutations provide insight into the way they impair the functioning of this molecular motor and also into the mechanism of energy transduction. ..
- Harp J, Hanson B, Timm D, Bunick G. Asymmetries in the nucleosome core particle at 2.5 A resolution. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2000;56:1513-34 pubmed..An analysis is made of the asymmetries by comparisons both within the nucleosome core particle and to the structure of the histone octamer core of the nucleosome. ..
- Kaiser P, Rothwell L, Galyov E, Barrow P, Burnside J, Wigley P. Differential cytokine expression in avian cells in response to invasion by Salmonella typhimurium, Salmonella enteritidis and Salmonella gallinarum. Microbiology. 2000;146 Pt 12:3217-26 pubmed..gallinarum does not induce an inflammatory response and may not be limited by the immune system, leading to the severe systemic disease fowl typhoid. ..
- Jones S, Jones T. Ontogeny of vestibular compound action potentials in the domestic chicken. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2000;1:232-42 pubmed
- Liu N, Tian R, Loeb D. Base pairing among three cis-acting sequences contributes to template switching during hepadnavirus reverse transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:1984-9 pubmed..These results are consistent with the model that, within duck hepatitis B virus capsids, the ends of the minus-strand template are juxtaposed via base pairing to facilitate the two template switches during plus-strand DNA synthesis...
- Chen Y, Lehrer S. Distances between tropomyosin sites across the muscle thin filament using luminescence resonance energy transfer: evidence for tropomyosin flexibility. Biochemistry. 2004;43:11491-9 pubmed..Ca(2+) did not change the energy transfer with the reconstituted thin filament, but myosin subfragment 1 decreased the transfer, consistent with either a 5-6 A increase in distance or, more likely, a decrease in flexibility. ..
- Cheng L, Lemmon V. Pathological missense mutations of neural cell adhesion molecule L1 affect neurite outgrowth and branching on an L1 substrate. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2004;27:522-30 pubmed..Some pathological mutations have little effect on L1 mediated neurite growth, so it is unlikely that a failure of L1-mediated neurite outgrowth is the principle cause of brain defects in patients with L1 mutations. ..
- Kolluri S, Sadlon T, May B, Bonkovsky H. Haem repression of the housekeeping 5-aminolaevulinic acid synthase gene in the hepatoma cell line LMH. Biochem J. 2005;392:173-80 pubmed
- Lim E, Kim C. Functional characterization of the promoter region of the chicken elongation factor-2 gene. Gene. 2007;386:183-90 pubmed..This result suggested that protein II is a GATA-like protein. These observations provide a novel regulatory mechanism for the EF-2 promoter. ..
- Henzl M, Ndubuka K. Low-affinity signature of the rat beta-parvalbumin CD site. Evidence for remote determinants. Biochemistry. 2007;46:23-35 pubmed..56 and -0.96 kcal/mol for Ca2+ and Mg2+, respectively. Evidently, structural features beyond the metal ion-binding motif contribute to the unusual divalent ion-binding behavior associated with the rat beta CD site. ..
- Reddish J, Ye W, Lin Y, Wick M. (-)-Gossypol containing hen sera and a myosin (-)-gossypol conjugate reduces the proliferation of MCF-7 cells. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:439-44 pubmed..The experimental data generated in this study may influence the fundamental thinking regarding the utilization of low cost agricultural commodities such as (-)-GP cottonseed meal to produce value-added chemopreventive animal products. ..
- Fernando L, Andrews G. Cloning and expression of an avian metallothionein-encoding gene. Gene. 1989;81:177-83 pubmed..Deletion mutagenesis established that 107 bp of 5'-flanking sequence, containing the proximal MRE and a putative Sp1-binding site, were sufficient for transient expression and metal induction of the cMT promoter-Luc fusion gene. ..
- Robinson D, Liu J, Jones D, Brunovskis P, Qian Z, Isfort R, et al. Avian leukemias and lymphomas: interplay between retroviruses and herpesviruses. Leukemia. 1997;11 Suppl 3:176-8 pubmed
- Zhao S, White D, McDermott P, Friedman S, English L, Ayers S, et al. Identification and expression of cephamycinase bla(CMY) genes in Escherichia coli and Salmonella isolates from food animals and ground meat. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2001;45:3647-50 pubmed..coli isolate recovered from retail chicken and was further shown to be responsible for resistance to cephalothin, ampicillin, and amoxicillin-clavulanic acid and elevated MICs of ceftriaxone, cefoxitin, and ceftiofur. ..
- Shivaprasad H, Korbel R. Blindness due to retinal dysplasia in broiler chicks. Avian Dis. 2003;47:769-73 pubmed..Because the chicks came from the same breeder source and the incidence of blindness was low, a probable genetic etiology is suspected as the cause of blindness in this flock...
- Buhr R, Dickens J, Wilson J. Filling and emptying of the alimentary tract of meal-fed broiler breeder hens. Poult Sci. 2003;82:2000-4 pubmed..Clearance of ingesta from the crop, proventriculus and gizzard, and intestines readily occurred while hens were held overnight without access to water. ..
- Li Q, Yao M, Dueck M, Feugate J, Parpura V, Martins Green M. cCXCR1 is a receptor for cIL-8 (9E3/cCAF) and its N- and C-terminal peptides and is also activated by hIL-8 (CXCL8). J Leukoc Biol. 2005;77:421-31 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that cCXCR1 is the ortholog for hCXCR1 and that chickens can be used as an effective model system to study the functions of IL-8, its terminal peptides, and its specific receptor CXCR1. ..
- Chen Y, Maika S, Stevens S. Epitope tagging of proteins at the native chromosomal loci of genes in mice and in cultured vertebrate cells. J Mol Biol. 2006;361:412-9 pubmed..These techniques will enhance the validity of conclusions made regarding epitope-tagged proteins and improve our understanding of proteomic dynamics in cultured vertebrate cells and live animals. ..
- Hendricks S, Rubel E, Nishi R. Formation of the avian nucleus magnocellularis from the auditory anlage. J Comp Neurol. 2006;498:433-42 pubmed..Our results suggest that NM neurons may play a central role in formation of tonotopic connections in the auditory system. ..
- Huff W, Huff G, Rath N, Donoghue A. Evaluation of the influence of bacteriophage titer on the treatment of colibacillosis in broiler chickens. Poult Sci. 2006;85:1373-7 pubmed..Bacteriophage administered at sufficient titers can be effective therapeutic agents and provide an alternative to antibiotics in the treatment of bacterial diseases. ..
- Habig J, Loeb D. Sequence identity of the direct repeats, DR1 and DR2, contributes to the discrimination between primer translocation and in situ priming during replication of the duck hepatitis B virus. J Mol Biol. 2006;364:32-43 pubmed..Finally, our analysis indicates the entire RNA primer can contribute to primer translocation and is translocated to DR2 before initiation of plus-strand DNA synthesis from that site...
- Philippe C, Grgić H, Ojkic D, Nagy E. Serologic monitoring of a broiler breeder flock previously affected by inclusion body hepatitis and testing of the progeny for vertical transmission of fowl adenoviruses. Can J Vet Res. 2007;71:98-102 pubmed..The lack of virus production and transmission could be due to the presence of high antibody titers in the layers...
- Briggs L, Takeda M, Cuadra A, Wakimoto H, Marks M, Walker A, et al. Perinatal loss of Nkx2-5 results in rapid conduction and contraction defects. Circ Res. 2008;103:580-90 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Nkx2-5 function is critical not only during cardiac development but also in perinatal hearts, by regulating expression of several important gene products involved in conduction and contraction. ..
- Újvári A, Hsieh F, Luse S, Studitsky V, Luse D. Histone N-terminal tails interfere with nucleosome traversal by RNA polymerase II. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:32236-43 pubmed publisher..We conclude that histone tails provide a significant part of the nucleosomal barrier to pol II transcript elongation. ..
- Serr J, Suh Y, Lee K. Regulation of adipose triglyceride lipase by fasting and refeeding in avian species. Poult Sci. 2009;88:2585-91 pubmed publisher..This suggests the existence of a mechanism to inactivate the active form of ATGL, possibly through posttranslational modification of the protein. ..
- Hudson D, Weis M, Eyre D. Insights on the evolution of prolyl 3-hydroxylation sites from comparative analysis of chicken and Xenopus fibrillar collagens. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19336 pubmed publisher..The function of 3Hyp is still unknown but observed differences in site occupancy during vertebrate evolution are likely to give important clues. ..
- Ye F, Lemieux H, Hoppel C, Hanson R, Hakimi P, Croniger C, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? (PPAR?) mediates a Ski oncogene-induced shift from glycolysis to oxidative energy metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:40013-24 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we found that Ski co-immunoprecipitates with PPAR? and co-activates PPAR?-driven transcription...
- Sckolnick M, Krementsova E, Warshaw D, Trybus K. More than just a cargo adapter, melanophilin prolongs and slows processive runs of myosin Va. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:29313-22 pubmed publisher..More generally, these data show that proteins that link motors to cargo can modify motor properties to enhance their biological role. ..
- Guard Petter J, Parker C, Asokan K, Carlson R. Clinical and veterinary isolates of Salmonella enterica serovar enteritidis defective in lipopolysaccharide O-chain polymerization. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1999;65:2195-201 pubmed..These results strongly indicate that naturally occurring variability in wzy, wzz, and oafR function can be used to subtype isolates of serovar Enteritidis during epidemiological investigations. ..
- Joel P, Sweeney H, Trybus K. Addition of lysines to the 50/20 kDa junction of myosin strengthens weak binding to actin without affecting the maximum ATPase activity. Biochemistry. 2003;42:9160-6 pubmed..Because the actin- and nucleotide-binding regions communicate, mutations to one region can impact multiple facets of myosin's mechanical and enzymatic properties. ..
- Wang X, Carre W, Saxton A, Cogburn L. Manipulation of thyroid status and/or GH injection alters hepatic gene expression in the juvenile chicken. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2007;117:174-88 pubmed..In conclusion, this study provides the first global analysis of endocrine (T3 and GH) regulation of hepatic gene transcription in the chicken. ..
- Semple Rowland S, van Der Wel H. Visinin: biochemical and molecular comparisons in normal and rd chick retina. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;183:456-61 pubmed..Based on the results of this study, we conclude that visinin is not defective in the rd chick model of hereditary retinal degeneration. ..
- Poernama F, Schreyer S, Bitgood J, Cook M, Attie A. Spontaneous high density lipoprotein deficiency syndrome associated with a Z-linked mutation in chickens. J Lipid Res. 1990;31:955-63 pubmed..Both types of experiments showed that both defective apoA-I production and hypercatabolism contributed to the HDL deficiency, although defective production made a much larger contribution. ..
- Blanchard R, Henry H. Chick kidney ferredoxin: complementary DNA cloning and vitamin D effects on mRNA levels. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 1996;114:337-44 pubmed..This suggests that gene regulation of ferredoxin may be part of the mechanism of regulation for 25-hydroxyvitamin D3-1 alpha-hydroxylase activity in the chick kidney. ..
- Wagner L, Li W, Yule D. Phosphorylation of type-1 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors by cyclic nucleotide-dependent protein kinases: a mutational analysis of the functionally important sites in the S2+ and S2- splice variants. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45811-7 pubmed..Collectively, these data indicate that phosphoregulation of InsP3R-1 has dramatic effects on Ca2+ release and defines the molecular sites phosphorylated in the major variants expressed in neuronal and peripheral tissues. ..
- Mullens B, Velten R, Hinkle N, Kuney D, Szijj C. Acaricide resistance in northern fowl mite (Ornithonyssus sylviarum) populations on caged layer operations in Southern California. Poult Sci. 2004;83:365-74 pubmed..Producers currently depend completely on pesticides to control mite infestations. Mite resistance to registered materials emphasizes the need for integrated control measures. ..
- O Donoghue A, Amyes T, Richard J. Hydron transfer catalyzed by triosephosphate isomerase. Products of isomerization of dihydroxyacetone phosphate in D2O. Biochemistry. 2005;44:2622-31 pubmed
- Sentíes Cué G, Shivaprasad H, Chin R. Systemic Mycoplasma synoviae infection in broiler chickens. Avian Pathol. 2005;34:137-42 pubmed..synoviae isolated from broiler chickens and turkeys owned by the same company. This finding suggests a horizontally acquired infection rather than vertical transmission...
- Uckun F, Ozer Z, Vassilev A. Bruton's tyrosine kinase prevents activation of the anti-apoptotic transcription factor STAT3 and promotes apoptosis in neoplastic B-cells and B-cell precursors exposed to oxidative stress. Br J Haematol. 2007;136:574-89 pubmed
- Chandrasekaran E, Xue J, Xia J, Locke R, Matta K, Neelamegham S. Reversible sialylation: synthesis of cytidine 5'-monophospho-N-acetylneuraminic acid from cytidine 5'-monophosphate with alpha2,3-sialyl O-glycan-, glycolipid-, and macromolecule-based donors yields diverse sialylated products. Biochemistry. 2008;47:320-30 pubmed..Overall, the study demonstrates that the sialyltransferase reaction is readily reversible in the case of ST3Gal-II and can be exploited for the enzymatic synthesis of diverse sialyl products. ..
- Pajaniappan M, Hall J, Cawthraw S, Newell D, Gaynor E, Fields J, et al. A temperature-regulated Campylobacter jejuni gluconate dehydrogenase is involved in respiration-dependent energy conservation and chicken colonization. Mol Microbiol. 2008;68:474-91 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the ability of C. jejuni to use gluconate as an electron donor via GADH activity is an important metabolic characteristic that is required for full colonization of avian but not mammalian hosts. ..
- Gates A, Frasca S, Nyaoke A, Gorton T, Silbart L, Geary S. Comparative assessment of a metabolically attenuated Mycoplasma gallisepticum mutant as a live vaccine for the prevention of avian respiratory mycoplasmosis. Vaccine. 2008;26:2010-9 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, Mg 7 appears to have good potential as a safe and effective vaccine for the prevention of avian mycoplasmosis...
- Kusano K, Thomas T, Fujiwara K. Phosphorylation and localization of protein-zero related (PZR) in cultured endothelial cells. Endothelium. 2008;15:127-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PZR is a cell adhesion protein that may be involved in SHP-2-dependent signaling at interendothelial cell contacts. ..
- Onyango E, Asem E, Adeola O. Phytic acid increases mucin and endogenous amino acid losses from the gastrointestinal tract of chickens. Br J Nutr. 2009;101:836-42 pubmed publisher..05) endogenous loss of threonine, proline and serine. In conclusion, the form of phytic acid fed to chickens affects the extent of mucin and endogenous amino acid losses from the gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Long N, Gianola D, Rosa G, Weigel K, Avendano S. Machine learning classification procedure for selecting SNPs in genomic selection: application to early mortality in broilers. Dev Biol (Basel). 2008;132:373-6 pubmed..Seventeen SNPs in the best case-control group (with smallest PRESS) accounted for 31% of the variance among sire family mortality rates...
- Goudeau D, Parker C, Zhou Y, Sela S, Kroupitski Y, Brandl M. The salmonella transcriptome in lettuce and cilantro soft rot reveals a niche overlap with the animal host intestine. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013;79:250-62 pubmed publisher..enterica to soft rot lesions, a common postharvest plant disease. ..
- Tao J, Doughman Y, Yang K, RAMIREZ BERGERON D, Watanabe M. Epicardial HIF signaling regulates vascular precursor cell invasion into the myocardium. Dev Biol. 2013;376:136-49 pubmed publisher..These signals could explain why the larger coronaries appear and remain on the epicardial surface. ..
- Bao W, Greenwold M, Sawyer R. Expressed miRNAs target feather related mRNAs involved in cell signaling, cell adhesion and structure during chicken epidermal development. Gene. 2016;591:393-402 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our work provides quantitative expression data on miRNAs and mRNAs during feather and scale development and has produced a highly diverse, but manageable list of miRNA-mRNA duplexes for future validation experiments. ..
- Izat A, Colberg M, Reiber M, Adams M, Skinner J, Cabel M, et al. Effects of different antibiotics on performance, processing characteristics, and parts yield of broiler chickens. Poult Sci. 1990;69:1787-91 pubmed..The results of the present study indicate that antibiotics may influence dressing percentage and parts yield in the absence of improvements in body weight gain or feed utilization. ..
- Gilmore T, Temin H. v-rel oncoproteins in the nucleus and in the cytoplasm transform chicken spleen cells. J Virol. 1988;62:703-14 pubmed..Our results support the hypothesis that v-rel encodes a protein which can act either in the nucleus or in the cytoplasm to transform spleen cells. ..
- Lane R, Chen X, Yamakawa K, Vielmetter J, Korenberg J, Dreyer W. Characterization of a highly conserved human homolog to the chicken neural cell surface protein Bravo/Nr-CAM that maps to chromosome band 7q31. Genomics. 1996;35:456-65 pubmed..1-q31.2. This chromosomal locus has been previously identified as containing a tumor suppressor candidate gene commonly deleted in certain human cancer tissues. ..
- Larkin P, Baehr W, Semple Rowland S. Circadian regulation of iodopsin and clock is altered in the retinal degeneration chicken retina. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1999;70:253-63 pubmed
- Barnes D, Kirby Y, Oliver K. Effects of biogenic amines on growth and the incidence of proventricular lesions in broiler chickens. Poult Sci. 2001;80:906-11 pubmed
- Aggrey S. Comparison of three nonlinear and spline regression models for describing chicken growth curves. Poult Sci. 2002;81:1782-8 pubmed..Carcass yields among the different growth trajectories (m) were similar within sexes. However, the proportions of the major breast muscle and abdominal fat differed according to the m a bird followed. ..
- Davis J, Rall J, Alionte C, Tikunova S. Mutations of hydrophobic residues in the N-terminal domain of troponin C affect calcium binding and exchange with the troponin C-troponin I96-148 complex and muscle force production. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17348-60 pubmed..In conclusion, elucidating the determinants of calcium binding and exchange with troponin C in the presence of troponin I provides a deeper understanding of how troponin C controls signal transduction. ..
- Kvaratskhelia M, Clark P, Hess S, Melder D, Federspiel M, Hughes S. Identification of glycosylation sites in the SU component of the Avian Sarcoma/Leukosis virus Envelope Glycoprotein (Subgroup A) by mass spectrometry. Virology. 2004;326:171-81 pubmed..Removing most of the carbohydrate from the mature SU(A)-rIgG by PNGase F treatment greatly reduces the ability of the protein to bind Tva, suggesting that carbohydrate may play a direct role in receptor binding. ..
- McCabe K, Manzo A, Gammill L, Bronner Fraser M. Discovery of genes implicated in placode formation. Dev Biol. 2004;274:462-77 pubmed..Importantly, the results uncover previously unknown commonalities in genes expressed by multiple placodes and shared properties between placodes and other migratory cells, like neural crest cells...
- Havens B, Velonis D, Kronenberg M, Lichtler A, Oliver B, Mina M. Roles of FGFR3 during morphogenesis of Meckel's cartilage and mandibular bones. Dev Biol. 2008;316:336-49 pubmed publisher..Together these results demonstrate that FGFR3 signaling is required for the elongation of Meckel's cartilage and FGFR2 and FGFR3 have roles during intramembranous ossification of mandibular bones. ..
- Fischer A, Ritchey E, Scott M, Wynne A. Bullwhip neurons in the retina regulate the size and shape of the eye. Dev Biol. 2008;317:196-212 pubmed publisher..Although the bullwhip and mini-bullwhip cells are not abundant, less than 1000 cells per retina, their influence on the development of the eye is substantial and includes vision-guided ocular growth. ..