Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on chickens in Japan
Publications173 found, 100 shown here
- Ohkubo T, Tsukada A, Shamoto K. cDNA cloning of chicken orexin receptor and tissue distribution: sexually dimorphic expression in chicken gonads. J Mol Endocrinol. 2003;31:499-508 pubmed..In addition, orexin may have specific role(s) in the regulation of gonadal function in which sex-dependent mechanisms could be involved. ..
- Abdalla S, Horiuchi H, Furusawa S, Matsuda H. Molecular cloning and characterization of chicken tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-superfamily ligands, CD30L and TNF-related apoptosis inducing ligand (TRAIL). J Vet Med Sci. 2004;66:643-50 pubmed
- Onda M, Nakatani K, Takehara S, Nishiyama M, Takahashi N, Hirose M. Cleaved serpin refolds into the relaxed state via a stressed conformer. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17568-78 pubmed publisher..This highlights that the stressed conformation of serpins is an inevitable intermediate state on the folding pathway to the relaxed structure. ..
- Shibata T, Kudou M, Hoshi Y, Kudo A, Nanashima N, Miyairi K. Isolation and characterization of a novel two-component hemolysin, erylysin A and B, from an edible mushroom, Pleurotus eryngii. Toxicon. 2010;56:1436-42 pubmed publisher..At pH 7.2, EryA exists as a homodimer whereas EryB exists as a heterodimer of B1 and B2. CD spectrum analysis showed T(m) values of 47 °C and 37 °C for EryA and EryB, respectively. EryB was particularly unstable...
- Sun Wada G, Tabata H, Kuhara M, Kitahara I, Takashima Y, Wada Y. Generation of chicken monoclonal antibodies against the a1, a2, and a3 subunit isoforms of vacuolar-type proton ATPase. Hybridoma (Larchmt). 2011;30:199-203 pubmed publisher..These MAbs are shown to be suitable for both immunoblotting and immunofluorescence analysis. The MAbs obtained in this study are useful in understanding the pathological basis of V-ATPase dysfunction. ..
- Nenoi M, Mita K, Ichimura S. Evolutionarily conserved structure of the 3' non-translated region of a Chinese hamster polyubiquitin gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1130:247-52 pubmed
- Okamura Ikeda K, Fujiwara K, Motokawa Y. Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding chicken T-protein of the glycine cleavage system and expression of the functional protein in Escherichia coli. Effect of mRNA secondary structure in the translational initiation region on expression. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:18284-90 pubmed..NH2-terminal amino acid sequence analysis (9 residues) revealed 100% identity with chicken T-protein determined chemically. The kinetic properties of the recombinant T-protein resembled those of the native chicken T-protein. ..
- Nakayama T, Takechi S, Ohshige T, Kondo K, Yamamoto K. Nucleotide sequences of two members of the chicken H4 histone-encoding gene family. Gene. 1991;108:311-2 pubmed
- Hirota Y, Katsumata A, Takeya T. Nucleotide and deduced amino acid sequences of chicken lactate dehydrogenase-A. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:6432 pubmed
- Yamagata K, Goto K, Kuo C, Kondo H, Miki N. Visinin: a novel calcium binding protein expressed in retinal cone cells. Neuron. 1990;4:469-76 pubmed..Visinin protein expressed in E. coli exhibited Ca2+ binding activity. These results suggest that visinin is a photoreceptor-specific Ca2+ binding protein and may be involved in phototransduction in the cone cells. ..
- Sudoh T, Kangawa K, Minamino N, Matsuo H. A new natriuretic peptide in porcine brain. Nature. 1988;332:78-81 pubmed..The occurrence of BNP with ANP in mammalian brain suggests the possibility that the physiological functions so far thought to be mediated by ANP may be regulated through a dual mechanism involving both ANP and BNP. ..
- Tazawa H, Hashimoto Y, Takami M, Yufu Y, Whittow G. Simple, noninvasive system for measuring the heart rate of avian embryos and hatchlings by means of a piezoelectric film. Med Biol Eng Comput. 1993;31:129-34 pubmed..The heart rate was counted from the lag time of autocorrelation calculated for a certain time segment (e.g. 2 s) of the BCG and ACG recordings. ..
- Okazawa H, Kamei M, Kanazawa I. Molecular cloning and expression of a novel truncated form of chicken trkC. FEBS Lett. 1993;329:171-7 pubmed..The truncated form is scarcely expressed during the embryonic stages. The conservation of the truncated trkC beyond species suggests they have specific functions. ..
- Nakamura F, Mino T, Yamamoto J, Naka M, Tanaka T. Identification of the regulatory site in smooth muscle calponin that is phosphorylated by protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:6194-201 pubmed..Thus Thr184 is the preferred site of phosphorylation and is functionally the most important of the sites phosphorylated by protein kinase C in smooth muscle calponin. ..
- Kawamoto T, Noshiro M, Shen M, Nakamasu K, Hashimoto K, Kawashima Ohya Y, et al. Structural and phylogenetic analyses of RGD-CAP/beta ig-h3, a fasciclin-like adhesion protein expressed in chick chondrocytes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1395:288-92 pubmed..Phylogenetic analysis showed that a portion of the common ancestor gene for RGD-CAP/beta ig-h3 and OSF2 was duplicated to form four repeat domains before the separation of the genes followed by the divergence of vertebrate species. ..
- Takeuchi S, Kinoshita T, Kaidoh T, Hashizume N. Purification and characterization of protease produced by Staphylococcus aureus isolated from a diseased chicken. Vet Microbiol. 1999;67:195-202 pubmed..From the results, it seems likely that these proteases, produced by S. aureus from diseased chickens, might belong to the thiol protease group. ..
- Matsushima Y, Matsumura K, Ishii S, Inagaki H, Suzuki T, Matsuda Y, et al. Functional domains of chicken mitochondrial transcription factor A for the maintenance of mitochondrial DNA copy number in lymphoma cell line DT40. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:31149-58 pubmed..A series of deletion mutant at the tail region suggested stimulatory and suppressive sequences in this region for the maintenance of mtDNA level. ..
- Sasaki E, Hikono H, Kaku Y, Kuwana T, Naito M, Sakurai M. ephA9, a novel avian receptor tyrosine kinase gene. Gene. 2003;316:103-10 pubmed..The EphA9 species produced in Cos-1 cells transfected with an expression vector were tyrosine-phosphorylated. These data suggest that EphA9 plays its biological role(s) in various organs of chickens as an active TK. ..
- Ikemoto T, Park M. Chicken RFamide-related peptide (GnIH) and two distinct receptor subtypes: identification, molecular characterization, and evolutionary considerations. J Reprod Dev. 2005;51:359-77 pubmed..It was also suggested that functional differences, especially between avian and mammalian RFRPs, are substantially due to divergences in the structures and expression sites of their receptors...
- Aso Y, Shiraki K, Takagi M. Systematic analysis of aggregates from 38 kinds of non disease-related proteins: identifying the intrinsic propensity of polypeptides to form amyloid fibrils. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:1313-21 pubmed..Destabilization of the native structure, strengthening of hydrogen bonds, and chemical fragmentation are thought to play important roles in the formation of amyloid fibrils. ..
- Sato K, Matsushita K, Matsubara Y, Kamada T, Akiba Y. Adipose tissue fat accumulation is reduced by a single intraperitoneal injection of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonist when given to newly hatched chicks. Poult Sci. 2008;87:2281-6 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that a single intraperitoneal injection of troglitazone to newly hatched chicks reduces fat deposition in mature broiler chickens. ..
- Mase M, Inoue T, Imada T. Genotyping of Newcastle disease viruses isolated from 2001 to 2007 in Japan. J Vet Med Sci. 2009;71:1101-4 pubmed..The single isolate from a wild cormorant was also classified into genotype VII, although it was different from the recent NDV epidemic strain in Japan. ..
- Ukena K, Tachibana T, Iwakoshi Ukena E, Saito Y, Minakata H, Kawaguchi R, et al. Identification, localization, and function of a novel avian hypothalamic neuropeptide, 26RFa, and its cognate receptor, G protein-coupled receptor-103. Endocrinology. 2010;151:2255-64 pubmed publisher..These data provide the first evidence for the occurrence of the peptide 26RFa in the avian hypothalamus and indicate that this peptide exerts orexigenic activity. ..
- Song X, Sato Y, Felemban A, Ito A, Hossain M, Ochiai H, et al. Equarin is involved as an FGF signaling modulator in chick lens differentiation. Dev Biol. 2012;368:109-17 pubmed publisher..Conversely, the absence of endogenous Equarin clearly diminished FGF-induced fiber differentiation. Taken together, our results suggest that Equarin is involved as an FGF modulator in chick lens differentiation...
- Samy A, El Enbaawy M, El Sanousi A, Nasef S, Naguib M, Abdelwhab E, et al. Different counteracting host immune responses to clade 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 Egyptian H5N1 highly pathogenic avian influenza viruses in naÃ¯ve and vaccinated chickens. Vet Microbiol. 2016;183:103-9 pubmed publisher..It implies that IL-4 in the lung, in addition to the traditional serum HI titers, could be used to screen novel vaccine strategies, such as strains, adjuvant, prime/boost protocols, against HPAI in chickens. ..
- Afraz F, Yamamoto Y, Okada I. Divergent selection for delayed-type wattle reaction of domestic fowls to BCG antigen. Br Poult Sci. 1994;35:47-58 pubmed..In both characters, the L line was higher than the H line. No line differences were found in phytohaemagglutinin response, phagocytic activity or immune responses...
- Ishikawa H, Asano M, Kanda T, Kumar S, Gelinas C, Ito Y. Two novel functions associated with the Rel oncoproteins: DNA replication and cell-specific transcriptional activation. Oncogene. 1993;8:2889-96 pubmed..The second promotes transcriptional activation in undifferentiated F9 cells and maps 3' to the RHR, a region essential for the transforming activity of v-Rel. ..
- Kudo T, Sutou S. Molecular cloning of chicken FTZ-F1-related orphan receptors. Gene. 1997;197:261-8 pubmed..However, OR2.0 consists of 2945 bp, is expressed in the livers and the adrenal glands, and is considered to be the chicken counterpart of mouse LRH-1, which is a member of the FTZ-F1 family in mammals. ..
- Takahashi H, Yang D, Sasaki O, Furukawa T, Nirasawa K. Mapping of quantitative trait loci affecting eggshell quality on chromosome 9 in an F(2) intercross between two chicken lines divergently selected for eggshell strength. Anim Genet. 2009;40:779-82 pubmed publisher..Marker-assisted selection based on these QTL could be used to develop strategies for reducing the breakage and cracking of eggs in commercial layer houses...
- Islam M, Tsuji N, Miyoshi T, Alim M, Huang X, Hatta T, et al. The Kunitz-like modulatory protein haemangin is vital for hard tick blood-feeding success. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000497 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results provide novel insights into the blood-feeding strategies that enable hard ticks to persistently feed and ensure full blood-meals through the modulation of angiogenesis and wound healing processes. ..
- Furue M, Uchida S, Shinozaki A, Imagawa T, Hosaka Y, Uehara M. Spinocerebellar projections from the cervical and lumbosacral enlargements in the chicken spinal cord. Brain Behav Evol. 2010;76:271-8 pubmed publisher..There were more parasagittal bands of labeled terminals from the CE than from the LSE. The topography of SC fiber terminals from the CE was different from that of SC fiber terminals from the LSE. ..
- Haruna M, Hayashi K, Yano H, Takeuchi O, Sobue K. Common structural and expressional properties of vertebrate caldesmon genes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;197:145-53 pubmed..Alternative 3'-splice sites also exist at intron/exon junction of exon 14 and the difference in selection of the sites would induce the specific Ala-508 insertion in the brain l-CaD. ..
- Takechi S, Adachi M, Nakayama T. Cloning and characterization of the chick Oct binding factor OBF-1. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1577:466-70 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that the Ig gene transcription machinery, including Oct-1 and OBF-1, has been highly conserved in vertebrate evolution. ..
- Yin Y, Yamashita Y, Noda H, Okafuji T, Go M, Tanaka H. EphA receptor tyrosine kinases interact with co-expressed ephrin-A ligands in cis. Neurosci Res. 2004;48:285-96 pubmed
- Yanagisawa M, Hamada Y, Katsuragawa Y, Imamura M, Mikawa T, Masaki T. Complete primary structure of vertebrate smooth muscle myosin heavy chain deduced from its complementary DNA sequence. Implications on topography and function of myosin. J Mol Biol. 1987;198:143-57 pubmed..The actin-myosin interactions are thought to be modulated through relative movements of the domains induced by the binding of ATP. ..
- Taira E, Nagino T, Taniura H, Takaha N, Kim C, Kuo C, et al. Expression and functional analysis of a novel isoform of gicerin, an immunoglobulin superfamily cell adhesion molecule. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:28681-7 pubmed..In addition, these isoforms have neurite-promoting activity by their homophilic adhesion, but differ in their ability to promote neurite outgrowth. ..
- Shibuya Y, Murata M, Munemoto S, Masago H, Takeuchi J, Wada K, et al. Alpha E- and alpha N-catenin expression in dorsal root ganglia and spinal cord. Kobe J Med Sci. 2003;49:93-8 pubmed..These findings indicate the possibility that the type of alpha catenin expressed in neurons differs with its functional property (e.g. sensory or motor). ..
- Doi M, Okano T, Yujnovsky I, Sassone Corsi P, Fukada Y. Negative control of circadian clock regulator E4BP4 by casein kinase Iepsilon-mediated phosphorylation. Curr Biol. 2004;14:975-80 pubmed..These results not only demonstrate a phosphorylation-dependent regulatory mechanism for E4BP4 function but also highlight the role of CK1epsilon as a negative regulator for E4BP4-mediated repression of cPer2. ..
- Subedi K, Isobe N, Nishibori M, Yoshimura Y. Changes in the expression of gallinacins, antimicrobial peptides, in ovarian follicles during follicular growth and in response to lipopolysaccharide in laying hens (Gallus domesticus). Reproduction. 2007;133:127-33 pubmed..Elevated levels of GAL-1, -7, and -12 expression in theca in response to LPS suggest that the theca cells expressing these GALs function to eliminate LPS-containing bacteria. ..
- Okamura Ikeda K, Fujiwara K, Yamamoto M, Hiraga K, Motokawa Y. Isolation and sequence determination of cDNA encoding T-protein of the glycine cleavage system. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:4917-21 pubmed..Southern blot analysis of genomic DNA suggested that T-protein is a single copy gene. ..
- Hashimoto A, Hirose K, Kurosaki T, Iino M. Negative control of store-operated Ca2+ influx by B cell receptor cross-linking. J Immunol. 2001;166:1003-8 pubmed..These results show novel pathways of BCR-mediated SOC regulations. ..
- Yamamoto K, Hirano S, Ishiai M, Morishima K, Kitao H, Namikoshi K, et al. Fanconi anemia protein FANCD2 promotes immunoglobulin gene conversion and DNA repair through a mechanism related to homologous recombination. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:34-43 pubmed..Thus, we propose that FancD2 promotes a subpathway of HR that normally mediates gene conversion by a mechanism that avoids crossing over and hence SCEs. ..
- Tanaka H, Yamamoto A, Ishida T, Horiike K. Simultaneous measurement of D-serine dehydratase and d-amino acid oxidase activities by the detection of 2-oxo-acid formation with reverse-phase high-performance liquid chromatography. Anal Biochem. 2007;362:83-8 pubmed..7+/-0.1 nmol/min/mg protein). This result strongly suggests that DSD plays the same role in avian brains, as DAO plays in mammalian brains. The present method is applicable to other keto acids producing enzymes with minor modifications. ..
- Tokuue Y, Goto S, Imamura M, Obinata T, Masaki T, Endo T. Transfection of chicken skeletal muscle alpha-actinin cDNA into nonmuscle and myogenic cells: dimerization is not essential for alpha-actinin to bind to microfilaments. Exp Cell Res. 1991;197:158-67 pubmed..Thus, dimer formation is not essential for alpha-actinin molecules to bind to microfilaments. ..
- Matsunami H, Miyatani S, Inoue T, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. Cell binding specificity of mouse R-cadherin and chromosomal mapping of the gene. J Cell Sci. 1993;106 ( Pt 1):401-9 pubmed..Thus, the cell binding specificity of R-cadherin is entirely conserved between the two species, suggesting a conserved role for this protein in morphogenesis. We also located the mouse R-cadherin gene to chromosome 2. ..
- Chuma T, Ikeda T, Maeda T, Niwa H, Okamoto K. Antimicrobial susceptibilities of Campylobacter strains isolated from broilers in the southern part of Japan from 1995 to 1999. J Vet Med Sci. 2001;63:1027-9 pubmed..A high frequency of quinolone-resistance was found in both C. jejuni and C. coli, whereas a high level of EM-resistance was found in only C. coli strains. All C. jejuni isolates were sensitive to EM. ..
- Kawashima T, Hojyo S, Nishimichi N, Sato M, Aosasa M, Horiuchi H, et al. Characterization and expression analysis of the chicken interleukin-11 receptor alpha chain. Dev Comp Immunol. 2005;29:349-59 pubmed..These findings strongly indicate that the identified chicken cDNA sequence encodes chIL-11R alpha-chain homologue. ..
- Taira E, Takaha N, Taniura H, Kim C, Miki N. Molecular cloning and functional expression of gicerin, a novel cell adhesion molecule that binds to neurite outgrowth factor. Neuron. 1994;12:861-72 pubmed..Cells transfected stably with gicerin cDNA adhered to NOF and aggregated with each other, indicating that gicerin exhibits both heterophilic and homophilic adhesion activities. ..
- Nojima K, Hochegger H, Saberi A, Fukushima T, Kikuchi K, Yoshimura M, et al. Multiple repair pathways mediate tolerance to chemotherapeutic cross-linking agents in vertebrate cells. Cancer Res. 2005;65:11704-11 pubmed
- Okano T, Kojima D, Fukada Y, Shichida Y, Yoshizawa T. Primary structures of chicken cone visual pigments: vertebrate rhodopsins have evolved out of cone visual pigments. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:5932-6 pubmed..The divergence of rhodopsin from cone pigments was accompanied by an increase in negative net charge of the pigment. ..
- Takagi S, Kasuya Y, Shimizu M, Matsuura T, Tsuboi M, Kawakami A, et al. Expression of a cell adhesion molecule, neuropilin, in the developing chick nervous system. Dev Biol. 1995;170:207-22 pubmed..These results suggests that neuropilin functions as a cell adhesion molecule during the formation of certain neuronal circuits in vivo. ..
- Tanaka M, Hayashida Y, Wakita M, Hoshino S, Nakashima K. Expression of aberrantly spliced growth hormone receptor mRNA in the sex-linked dwarf chicken, Gifu 20. Growth Regul. 1995;5:218-23 pubmed..Thus, the mutation resulting in an inappropriate splicing of the GHR gene transcript is considered to be the cause of this dwarf chicken. ..
- Arimura C, Suzuki T, Yanagisawa M, Imamura M, Hamada Y, Masaki T. Primary structure of chicken skeletal muscle and fibroblast alpha-actinins deduced from cDNA sequences. Eur J Biochem. 1988;177:649-55 pubmed
- Watanabe Y, Usada N, Minami H, Morita T, Tsugane S, Ishikawa R, et al. Calvasculin, as a factor affecting the microfilament assemblies in rat fibroblasts transfected by src gene. FEBS Lett. 1993;324:51-5 pubmed..This activity, along with the elevation of calvasculin following transformation, suggests that the disorganization of filaments in SR-3Y1 cell is due to the cross-linking activity of calvasculin. ..
- Imada T, Yamaguchi S, Mase M, Tsukamoto K, Kubo M, Morooka A. Avian nephritis virus (ANV) as a new member of the family Astroviridae and construction of infectious ANV cDNA. J Virol. 2000;74:8487-93 pubmed..These observations suggested that the ANV (G-4260 strain) is a new genus of the family Astroviridae...
- Horiuchi H, Furusawa S, Matsuda H. Maintenance of chicken embryonic stem cells in vitro. Methods Mol Biol. 2006;329:17-34 pubmed..In addition, the phosphorylation of signal transducers and activators of transcription-3 by LIF, which is sufficient to maintain the undifferentiated state of ES cells, was detected by Western blotting analysis. ..
- Terawaki S, Kitano K, Hakoshima T. Structural basis for type II membrane protein binding by ERM proteins revealed by the radixin-neutral endopeptidase 24.11 (NEP) complex. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19854-62 pubmed..The overlap of the binding sites on subdomain C for NEP and Motif-1 adhesion molecules such as CD44 provides the structural basis for the suppression of cell adhesion through interaction between NEP and ERM proteins. ..
- Hayashi K, Fujio Y, Kato I, Sobue K. Structural and functional relationships between h- and l-caldesmons. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:355-61 pubmed
- Nakayama T. Nucleotide sequences of two members of the chicken H3 histone-encoding gene family. Gene. 1991;102:289-90 pubmed
- Piao F, Kitabatake M, Xie X, Yamauchi T. Effects of various post-treatment by phenylmethylsulfonyl fluoride on delayed neurotoxicity induced by leptophos. J Toxicol Sci. 1995;20:609-17 pubmed..Moreover, these results also indicate that PMSF should not be used for either the treatment or the prevention of OPIDN. ..
- Mageed A, Isobe N, Yoshimura Y. Expression of avian beta-defensins in the oviduct and effects of lipopolysaccharide on their expression in the vagina of hens. Poult Sci. 2008;87:979-84 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that all 11 types of AvbetaD are expressed in the hen oviduct and at least 5 of them in the vagina show increased expression in response to LPS...
- Fukuda M, Takahashi S, Haramoto Y, Onuma Y, Kim Y, Yeo C, et al. Zygotic VegT is required for Xenopus paraxial mesoderm formation and is regulated by Nodal signaling and Eomesodermin. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:81-92 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the essential role of zVegT in organization of paraxial mesoderm, and reveal that zVegT is regulated by a coherent feedforward loop of Nodal signaling via Eomes. ..
- Yamamura J, Adachi T, Aoki N, Nakajima H, Nakamura R, Matsuda T. Precursor-product relationship between chicken vitellogenin and the yolk proteins: the 40 kDa yolk plasma glycoprotein is derived from the C-terminal cysteine-rich domain of vitellogenin II. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1244:384-94 pubmed
- Sonoda Y, Abdel Mageed A, Isobe N, Yoshimura Y. Induction of avian ?-defensins by CpG oligodeoxynucleotides and proinflammatory cytokines in hen vaginal cells in vitro. Reproduction. 2013;145:621-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CpG-ODN derived from microbes upregulates the expression of IL1B and IL6 by interaction with TLR21 and then IL1B induces AvBD1 and -3 to prevent infection in the vagina. ..
- Ohshige T, Takechi S, Nakayama T. Presence of particular transcription regulatory elements in the 5'-intergenic region shared by the chicken H2A-III and H2B-V pair. Gene. 1993;131:193-9 pubmed..These findings, together with those reported previously on the H2A-V/H2B-II pair, suggest distinct manners of transcription regulation of different members of the chicken histone gene families, H2A and H2B. ..
- Yonemura I, Watanabe T, Kirinoki M, Miyazaki J, Hirabayashi T. Cloning of chicken slow muscle troponin T and its sequence comparison with that of human. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;226:200-5 pubmed..With this report of chicken slow muscle TnT, cDNA information on chicken TnTs of all three striated muscles was completed following those of human TnTs. ..
- Chuma T, Hashimoto S, Okamoto K. Detection of thermophilic Campylobacter from sparrows by multiplex PCR: the role of sparrows as a source of contamination of broilers with Campylobacter. J Vet Med Sci. 2000;62:1291-5 pubmed..jejuni were considered to have contacted with industrial animals or thier feed. It may be presumed, on the contrary, that C. jejuni in sparrows could be a potential source of contamination of broilers. ..
- Imamura M, Nakamura A, Mannen H, Takeda S. Characterization of WWP1 protein expression in skeletal muscle of muscular dystrophy chickens. J Biochem. 2016;159:171-9 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data revealed that the R441Q missense mutation in the WWP1 protein causes degradation and loss of the sarcolemmal localization of WWP1, which may play a role in the pathogenesis of chicken MD. ..
- Ogawa R, Yanagida N, Saeki S, Saito S, Ohkawa S, Gotoh H, et al. Recombinant fowlpox viruses inducing protective immunity against Newcastle disease and fowlpox viruses. Vaccine. 1990;8:486-90 pubmed..5 kDa polypeptide gene promoter. Immunization with the recombinant fowlpox virus elicited protective immunity in chickens against both virulent Newcastle disease and fowlpox virus infection...
- Kameda Y, Okamoto K, Ito M, Tagawa T. Innervation of the C cells of chicken ultimobranchial glands studied by immunohistochemistry, fluorescence microscopy, and electron microscopy. Am J Anat. 1988;182:353-68 pubmed..All of these features suggest that C-cell activity, i.e., secretion of hormones and catecholamines, may be regulated by nerve stimuli...
- Takeuchi Y, Nishimura K, Aoki N, Adachi T, Sato C, Kitajima K, et al. A 42-kDa glycoprotein from chicken egg-envelope, an avian homolog of the ZPC family glycoproteins in mammalian Zona pellucida. Its first identification, cDNA cloning and granulosa cell-specific expression. Eur J Biochem. 1999;260:736-42 pubmed
- Okamura M, Miyamoto T, Kamijima Y, Tani H, Sasai K, Baba E. Differences in abilities to colonize reproductive organs and to contaminate eggs in intravaginally inoculated hens and in vitro adherences to vaginal explants between Salmonella enteritidis and other Salmonella serovars. Avian Dis. 2001;45:962-71 pubmed..enteritidis to the vagina may play a significant role in the production of many S. enteritidis-contaminated eggs. ..
- Horiuchi H, Tategaki A, Yamashita Y, Hisamatsu H, Ogawa M, Noguchi T, et al. Chicken leukemia inhibitory factor maintains chicken embryonic stem cells in the undifferentiated state. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24514-20 pubmed..We conclude that chicken LIF is able to maintain chicken ES cell cultures in the undifferentiated state. ..
- Ohtani K, Sato S, Syukuya A, Asaumi T, Ogura K, Koike Y, et al. Natural history of immediate-type hen's egg allergy in Japanese children. Allergol Int. 2016;65:153-157 pubmed publisher..05). The group III experienced HE-related anaphylaxis and complications more frequently and exhibited sustained, high EW- and OM-specific IgE levels. ..
- Kadoda K, Moriwaki T, Tsuda M, Sasanuma H, Ishiai M, Takata M, et al. Selective cytotoxicity of the anti-diabetic drug, metformin, in glucose-deprived chicken DT40 cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185141 pubmed publisher..In summary, metformin induced DNA damage under glucose-depleted conditions and selectively killed cells. This metformin-mediated selective toxicity may suppress the growth of malignant tumors that are intrinsically deprived of glucose...
- Imamura M, Masaki T. A novel nonmuscle alpha-actinin. Purification and characterization of chicken lung alpha-actinin. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:25927-33 pubmed..This indicates that the 115-kDa protein is distinct from other nonmuscle alpha-actinins by its Ca2+ sensitivity. ..
- Okano T, Yoshizawa T, Fukada Y. Pinopsin is a chicken pineal photoreceptive molecule. Nature. 1994;372:94-7 pubmed..In the light of this functional evidence and because the gene is specifically expressed only in the pineal gland, we conclude that it is a pineal photosensor and name it pinopsin. ..
- Yajima H, Ohtsuka H, Kume H, Endo T, Kimura S, Maruyama K. Molecular cloning of a partial cDNA clone encoding the C terminal region of chicken breast muscle connectin. Zoolog Sci. 1996;13:119-23 pubmed..1994) was erroneous due to the accidental ligation of the cDNA clone encoding a N terminal region of connectin with a partial porin cDNA clone. ..
- Murata T, Nitta M, Yasuda K. Transcription factor CP2 is essential for lens-specific expression of the chicken alphaA-crystallin gene. Genes Cells. 1998;3:443-57 pubmed..We propose a model where cCP2 cooperates with a putative lens-specific factor which binds to LSE. ..
- Takada I, Yu R, Xu H, Lambert M, Montana V, Kliewer S, et al. Alteration of a single amino acid in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR alpha) generates a PPAR delta phenotype. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:733-40 pubmed
- Okada T, Sonoda E, Yamashita Y, Koyoshi S, Tateishi S, Yamaizumi M, et al. Involvement of vertebrate polkappa in Rad18-independent postreplication repair of UV damage. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:48690-5 pubmed..This implies functional redundancy between HR and Polkappa in maintaining chromosomal DNA. In conclusion, vertebrate Polkappa is involved in Rad18-independent TLS of UV damage and plays a role in maintaining genomic stability. ..
- Ishii Y, Fukuda K, Saiga H, Matsushita S, Yasugi S. Early specification of intestinal epithelium in the chicken embryo: a study on the localization and regulation of CdxA expression. Dev Growth Differ. 1997;39:643-53 pubmed
- Uchimura K, Kadomatsu K, Fan Q, Muramatsu H, Kurosawa N, Kaname T, et al. Mouse chondroitin 6-sulfotransferase: molecular cloning, characterization and chromosomal mapping. Glycobiology. 1998;8:489-96 pubmed..Fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis revealed the gene is located in mouse chromosome 9. ..
- Goto M, Hanyu T, Yoshio T, Matsuno H, Shimizu M, Murata N, et al. Intra-articular injection of hyaluronate (SI-6601D) improves joint pain and synovial fluid prostaglandin E2 levels in rheumatoid arthritis: a multicenter clinical trial. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2001;19:377-83 pubmed..05) and C4S (p < 0.05) in the synovialfluid were significantly decreased. SI-6601D improved local clinical symptoms in RA patients by suppressing PGE2 and, therefore, may be a useful treatment for local inflammation in RA. ..
- Takeda M, Tsukamoto K, Kohda T, Matsui M, Mukamoto M, Kozaki S. Characterization of the neurotoxin produced by isolates associated with avian botulism. Avian Dis. 2005;49:376-81 pubmed..These results indicate that the mosaic neurotoxin is probably a pathogenic agent causing some forms of avian botulism...
- Kanyinji F, Maeda T. Additional dietary calcium fed to Barred Plymouth Rock roosters reduces blood cholesterol, elevates seminal calcium, and enhances sperm motility, thermo-tolerance and cryosurvivability. Anim Reprod Sci. 2010;120:158-65 pubmed publisher..Indeed, additional dietary Ca elevated seminal [Ca(2+)] and lowered blood Ch, which enhanced fresh sperm quality measured as motility, thermo-tolerance and cryosurvivability, especially in 2% group, but not 4% added Ca-fed males. ..
- Yamauchi T, Katoh K, Konno N, Fukushima M. Delayed neurotoxicity and toxicokinetics of leptophos in hens given repeatedly by low-dose intravenous injections. J Toxicol Sci. 1989;14:11-21 pubmed