Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell proliferation in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: cell proliferation
Publications856 found, 100 shown here
- Blagoev K, Goodwin E, Bailey S. Telomere sister chromatid exchange and the process of aging. Aging (Albany NY). 2010;2:727-30 pubmed..In this Research Perspective we will explore some of the implications this recent work has for human health. ..
- Porter A, Klinge C, Gobin A. Biomimetic hydrogels with VEGF induce angiogenic processes in both hUVEC and hMEC. Biomacromolecules. 2011;12:242-6 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that our biomimetic system is equally effective in stimulating proliferation, migration, and survival of apoptosis in hMEC as compared to the response to hUVEC. ..
- Ankolekar C, Johnson D, Pinto M, Johnson K, Labbe R, Shetty K. Inhibitory potential of tea polyphenolics and influence of extraction time against Helicobacter pylori and lack of inhibition of beneficial lactic acid bacteria. J Med Food. 2011;14:1321-9 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that tea can be potentially used as a low-cost dietary support to combat H. pylori-linked gastric diseases without affecting the beneficial intestinal bacteria. ..
- Triozzi P, Aldrich W, Ponnazhagan S. Inhibition and promotion of tumor growth with adeno-associated virus carcinoembryonic antigen vaccine and Toll-like receptor agonists. Cancer Gene Ther. 2011;18:850-8 pubmed publisher..In CEA-Tg mice, tumor growth can be promoted with rAAV-CEA and TLR agonists. Dendritic and myeloid cells play a regulatory role. ..
- Moreb J, Ucar D, Han S, Amory J, Goldstein A, Ostmark B, et al. The enzymatic activity of human aldehyde dehydrogenases 1A2 and 2 (ALDH1A2 and ALDH2) is detected by Aldefluor, inhibited by diethylaminobenzaldehyde and has significant effects on cell proliferation and drug resistance. Chem Biol Interact. 2012;195:52-60 pubmed publisher..In addition, other ALDH isoenzymes seem to play a major role in the biology and drug resistance of various malignant cells. ..
- Mastri M, Shah Z, McLaughlin T, Greene C, Baum L, Suzuki G, et al. Activation of Toll-like receptor 3 amplifies mesenchymal stem cell trophic factors and enhances therapeutic potency. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2012;303:C1021-33 pubmed publisher..These functional, histological, and molecular characterizations thus establish the utility of TLR3 engagement for enabling the low-dose MSC therapy that may be translated to more efficacious clinical applications. ..
- ÅženkardeÅŸ S, Kaushik Basu N, Durmaz Ä, Manvar D, Basu A, Atalay R, et al. Synthesis of novel diflunisal hydrazide-hydrazones as anti-hepatitis C virus agents and hepatocellular carcinoma inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;108:301-308 pubmed publisher..34 16.21 4.74, 9.29 and 8.33Â Î¼M for Huh7, HepG2, Hep3B, Mahlavu, FOCUS and SNU-475Â cells, respectively, and produced dramatic cell cycle arrest at SubG1/G0 phase as an indicator of apoptotic cell death induction. ..
- Acharya M, Sokolovska A, Tam J, Conway K, Stefani C, Raso F, et al. αv Integrins combine with LC3 and atg5 to regulate Toll-like receptor signalling in B cells. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10917 pubmed publisher..This work identifies a previously unrecognized role for αv and the autophagy components LC3 and atg5 in regulating TLR signalling and B-cell immunity. ..
- Thomas G, Rael L, Bar Or R, Shimonkevitz R, Mains C, Slone D, et al. Mechanisms of delayed wound healing by commonly used antiseptics. J Trauma. 2009;66:82-90; discussion 90-1 pubmed publisher..The silver-containing antiseptics may even increase the proliferative potential of these cells in culture. ..
- Sachdeva M, Wu H, Ru P, Hwang L, Trieu V, Mo Y. MicroRNA-101-mediated Akt activation and estrogen-independent growth. Oncogene. 2011;30:822-31 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results not only establish a role for miR-101 in estrogen-independent signaling but also provide a mechanistic link between miR-101 and Akt activation. ..
- Ismail A, Bandla S, Reveiller M, Toia L, Zhou Z, Gooding W, et al. Early G? cyclin-dependent kinases as prognostic markers and potential therapeutic targets in esophageal adenocarcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:4513-22 pubmed publisher..We suggest that CDK6 is the driver of 7q21 amplification and that both CDK4 and CDK6 are prognostic markers and bona fide oncogenes in EAC. Targeting these molecules may constitute a viable new therapy for this disease. ..
- Tomblin J, Salisbury T. Insulin like growth factor 2 regulation of aryl hydrocarbon receptor in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:1092-6 pubmed publisher..This previously uncharacterized pathway could be important for the proliferation of IGF responsive cancer cells that also express AHR. ..
- de Melo Campos P, Machado Neto J, Eide C, Savage S, Scopim Ribeiro R, da Silva Souza Duarte A, et al. IRS2 silencing increases apoptosis and potentiates the effects of ruxolitinib in JAK2V617F-positive myeloproliferative neoplasms. Oncotarget. 2016;7:6948-59 pubmed publisher..IRS2 contributes to increased cell viability and reduced apoptosis in JAK2-mutated cells. Combined pharmacological inhibition of IRS2 and JAK2 may have a potential clinical application in MPN. ..
- Wilcox C, Rossettini A, Hanes S. Genetic interactions with C-terminal domain (CTD) kinases and the CTD of RNA Pol II suggest a role for ESS1 in transcription initiation and elongation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2004;167:93-105 pubmed..On the basis of the results, we suggest a model in which Ess1-directed conformational changes promote dephosphorylation of Ser5 to stimulate preinitiation complex formation and, later, to inhibit elongation. ..
- Wang L, Zajac A, Hedhli N, Depre C. Increased expression of H11 kinase stimulates glycogen synthesis in the heart. Mol Cell Biochem. 2004;265:71-8 pubmed..Therefore, H11 kinase represents an integrative sensor in the cardiac adaptation to stress by coordinating cell growth, survival and metabolism. ..
- Ye L, Mishina Y, Chen D, Huang H, Dallas S, Dallas M, et al. Dmp1-deficient mice display severe defects in cartilage formation responsible for a chondrodysplasia-like phenotype. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:6197-203 pubmed..In addition, blood vessel invasion is impaired in the epiphyses of Dmp1(-/-) mice. These findings show that DMP1 is essential for normal postnatal chondrogenesis and subsequent osteogenesis. ..
- Si M, Zhu S, Wu H, Lu Z, Wu F, Mo Y. miR-21-mediated tumor growth. Oncogene. 2007;26:2799-803 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that miR-21 functions as an oncogene and modulates tumorigenesis through regulation of genes such as bcl-2 and thus, it may serve as a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Johnson E, Jia L, Cepurna W, Doser T, Morrison J. Global changes in optic nerve head gene expression after exposure to elevated intraocular pressure in a rat glaucoma model. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:3161-77 pubmed..For specific genes, expression levels were most altered by focal injury, suggesting that further array studies may identify initial, and potentially injurious, altered processes. ..
- Gyamfi M, Wan Y. Mechanisms of resistance of hepatocyte retinoid X receptor alpha-null mice to WY-14,643-induced hepatocyte proliferation and cholestasis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:9321-30 pubmed publisher..These data establish a crucial role of hepatocyte RXRalpha in regulating WY-14,643-mediated cell cycle progression as well as bile acid homeostasis...
- Tummala R, Diegelman P, Hector S, Kramer D, Clark K, Zagst P, et al. Combination effects of platinum drugs and N1, N11 diethylnorspermine on spermidine/spermine N1-acetyltransferase, polyamines and growth inhibition in A2780 human ovarian carcinoma cells and their oxaliplatin and cisplatin-resistant variants. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2011;67:401-14 pubmed publisher
- Tilghman S, Nierth Simpson E, Wallace R, Burow M, McLachlan J. Environmental hormones: Multiple pathways for response may lead to multiple disease outcomes. Steroids. 2010;75:520-3 pubmed publisher..Differential expression of these pathways across cell types, and differential affinity for these pathways by diverse compounds may explain some patterns of endocrine disruption and disease. ..
- Richardson T, Klaassen C. Disruption of thyroid hormone homeostasis in Ugt1a-deficient Gunn rats by microsomal enzyme inducers is not due to enhanced thyroxine glucuronidation. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010;248:38-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, the decrease in serum T(4), increase in TSH, and increase in thyroid cell proliferation after MEI are not dependent on increased T(4) glucuronidation, and cannot be attributed to Ugt1a enzymes...
- Finnerty J, Wang W, Hébert S, Wilfred B, Mao G, Nelson P. The miR-15/107 group of microRNA genes: evolutionary biology, cellular functions, and roles in human diseases. J Mol Biol. 2010;402:491-509 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the miR-15/107 group of miRNA genes is a fascinating topic of study for evolutionary biologists, miRNA biochemists, and clinically oriented translational researchers alike. ..
- West F, Mumaw J, Gallegos Cárdenas A, Young A, Stice S. Human haploid cells differentiated from meiotic competent clonal germ cell lines that originated from embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:1079-88 pubmed publisher..The robust clonal meiotic competent and incompetent GLC lines will be used to understand the factors controlling human germ cell meiosis and postmeiotic maturation. ..
- Kim J, Lee D, Lee K, Son J, Seo S, Li J, et al. Isorhamnetin suppresses skin cancer through direct inhibition of MEK1 and PI3-K. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2011;4:582-91 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that isorhamnetin has potent anticancer activity and it primarily targets MEK and PI3-K, which might contribute to the chemopreventive potential of certain foods. ..
- Nakano I, Joshi K, Visnyei K, Hu B, Watanabe M, Lam D, et al. Siomycin A targets brain tumor stem cells partially through a MELK-mediated pathway. Neuro Oncol. 2011;13:622-34 pubmed publisher..Together, this study may be the first model to partially target stemlike GBM cells through a MELK-mediated pathway with siomycin A to pave the way for effective treatment of GBM. ..
- Resnick A. Chronic fluid flow is an environmental modifier of renal epithelial function. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27058 pubmed publisher..These results significantly impact the understanding of both the mechanosensation function of primary cilia as well as the understanding of ADPKD disease progression. ..
- Hsu J, Leong P, Ho Y, Hsu L, Lu P, Chen C, et al. Pim-1 knockdown potentiates paclitaxel-induced apoptosis in human hormone-refractory prostate cancers through inhibition of NHEJ DNA repair. Cancer Lett. 2012;319:214-222 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that Pim-1 plays a crucial role in the regulation of NHEJ repair. In the absence of Pim-1, the ability of DNA repair significantly decreases when exposed to paclitaxel, leading to severe DNA damage and apoptosis. ..
- Pucilowska J, Puzerey P, Karlo J, Galán R, Landreth G. Disrupted ERK signaling during cortical development leads to abnormal progenitor proliferation, neuronal and network excitability and behavior, modeling human neuro-cardio-facial-cutaneous and related syndromes. J Neurosci. 2012;32:8663-77 pubmed publisher..This study provides a novel mechanistic insight into the basis of cortical malformation which may provide a potential link to cognitive deficits in individuals with altered ERK activity. ..
- Yang Y, Wang H, Zhang J, Luo F, Herrup K, Bibb J, et al. Cyclin dependent kinase 5 is required for the normal development of oligodendrocytes and myelin formation. Dev Biol. 2013;378:94-106 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that Cdk5 function as a signaling integrator to regulate oligodendrocyte maturation and myelination. ..
- Sedlacek A, Gerber S, Randall T, Van Rooijen N, Frelinger J, Lord E. Generation of a dual-functioning antitumor immune response in the peritoneal cavity. Am J Pathol. 2013;183:1318-1328 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data demonstrate that the peritoneal cavity has a unique environment capable of eliciting potent specific and nonspecific antitumor immune responses. ..
- Sadagurski M, Landeryou T, Blandino Rosano M, Cady G, Elghazi L, Meister D, et al. Long-lived crowded-litter mice exhibit lasting effects on insulin sensitivity and energy homeostasis. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2014;306:E1305-14 pubmed publisher..Together, these data show that early-life nutrient intervention has a significant lifelong effect on metabolic characteristics that may contribute to the increased lifespan of CL mice. ..
- Xie Y, Jin Y, Merenick B, Ding M, Fetalvero K, Wagner R, et al. Phosphorylation of GATA-6 is required for vascular smooth muscle cell differentiation after mTORC1 inhibition. Sci Signal. 2015;8:ra44 pubmed publisher..Identifying the downstream transcriptional targets of mTORC1 may provide cell type-specific drug targets to combat cardiovascular diseases associated with excessive proliferation of VSMCs. ..
- Hennessy R, Go J, Hennessy R, Tefft B, Jana S, Stoyles N, et al. Recellularization of a novel off-the-shelf valve following xenogenic implantation into the right ventricular outflow tract. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181614 pubmed publisher..The implantation resulted in recellularization of the valve with sufficient hemodynamic function for the 5-month study. Thus, the study supports a potential role for use of a TEHV for the treatment of valve disease in humans. ..
- D Souza W, Lefrancois L. Frontline: An in-depth evaluation of the production of IL-2 by antigen-specific CD8 T cells in vivo. Eur J Immunol. 2004;34:2977-85 pubmed
- Si J, Collins S. Activated Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IIgamma is a critical regulator of myeloid leukemia cell proliferation. Cancer Res. 2008;68:3733-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, CaMKIIgamma is a critical regulator of multiple signaling networks regulating the proliferation of myeloid leukemia cells. Inhibiting CaMKIIgamma may represent a novel approach in the targeted therapy of myeloid leukemia...
- Desai S, Guerinot M, Lynd L. Cloning of L-lactate dehydrogenase and elimination of lactic acid production via gene knockout in Thermoanaerobacterium saccharolyticum JW/SL-YS485. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2004;65:600-5 pubmed..The results reported here represent a step toward using metabolic engineering to develop strains of thermophilic anaerobic bacteria that do not produce organic acids, and support the methodological feasibility of this goal...
- Peng G, Dixon D, Muga S, Smith T, Wargovich M. Green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate inhibits cyclooxygenase-2 expression in colon carcinogenesis. Mol Carcinog. 2006;45:309-19 pubmed..In conclusion, these data suggest that inhibition of COX-2 is a mechanism for the anti-proliferative effect of green tea and emphasizes the role that dietary factors have as anti-cancer agents. ..
- Yao S, Zhang Y, Li J. c-jun/AP-1 activation does not affect the antiproliferative activity of phenethyl isothiocyanate, a cruciferous vegetable-derived cancer chemopreventive agent. Mol Carcinog. 2006;45:605-12 pubmed
- Ding C, Wang L, Al Ghawi H, Marroquin J, Mamula M, Yan J. Toll-like receptor engagement stimulates anti-snRNP autoreactive B cells for activation. Eur J Immunol. 2006;36:2013-24 pubmed..These results provide in vitro and in vivo evidence that BCR/TLR co-engagement promotes the activation of anti-snRNP B cells for autoAb production. ..
- Opata M, Izevbigie E. Aqueous Vernomia amygdalina extracts alter MCF-7 cell membrane permeability and efflux. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2006;3:174-9 pubmed..05). The amount of [3H]thymidine released into the medium was 1.7, 7.4, and 11.0 % for 0, 30, and 100 mug/ml VA respectively. Thus suggesting the membranes in VA-treated cells were compromised in a concentration-dependent fashion...
- Bourdeau Heller J, Oberley T. Prostate carcinoma cells selected by long-term exposure to reduced oxygen tension show remarkable biochemical plasticity via modulation of superoxide, HIF-1alpha levels, and energy metabolism. J Cell Physiol. 2007;212:744-52 pubmed..Thus, cancer cells exhibit remarkable biochemical plasticity in response to various O(2) levels. ..
- Megason S, Fraser S. Imaging in systems biology. Cell. 2007;130:784-95 pubmed..Here, we discuss the power of integrating imaging tools with more conventional -omic approaches to analyze the biological circuits of microorganisms, plants, and animals. ..
- Welcker M, Clurman B. FBW7 ubiquitin ligase: a tumour suppressor at the crossroads of cell division, growth and differentiation. Nat Rev Cancer. 2008;8:83-93 pubmed..This Review focuses on structural and functional aspects of FBW7 and its role in the development of cancer. ..
- Fischer A, Scott M, Tuten W. Mitogen-activated protein kinase-signaling stimulates Müller glia to proliferate in acutely damaged chicken retina. Glia. 2009;57:166-81 pubmed publisher..We propose that activation of both the FGF-receptor and ERK1/2-pathway is required for the proliferation and transdifferentiation of Müller glia into progenitor-like cells. ..
- Lee T, Chen J, Miano J. Functional characterization of a putative serine carboxypeptidase in vascular smooth muscle cells. Circ Res. 2009;105:271-8 pubmed publisher..SCPEP1 represents a new mediator of vascular remodeling and a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of vascular occlusive diseases. ..
- Zhang X. Hepatocyte growth factor system in the mouse uterus: variation across the estrous cycle and regulation by 17-beta-estradiol and progesterone. Biol Reprod. 2010;82:1037-48 pubmed publisher..HGF likely plays a role in cyclic endometrial remodeling, such as cell proliferation via autocrine/paracrine mechanisms in mouse uterus. ..
- Dyer L, Schooler K, Ai L, Klop C, Qiu J, Robertson K, et al. The transglutaminase 2 gene is aberrantly hypermethylated in glioma. J Neurooncol. 2011;101:429-40 pubmed publisher..Finally, a catalytically null mutant of TG2 was also able to support doxorubicin resistance in glioma cells indicating that transglutaminase activity is not necessary for the resistance phenotype. ..
- Vig P, Hearst S, Shao Q, Lopez M, Murphy H, Safaya E. Glial S100B protein modulates mutant ataxin-1 aggregation and toxicity: TRTK12 peptide, a potential candidate for SCA1 therapy. Cerebellum. 2011;10:254-66 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that glial S100B may augment degenerative changes in SCA1 PCs by modulating mutant ataxin-1 toxicity/solubility through an unknown signaling pathway. ..
- Paglia D, Wey A, Breitbart E, Faiwiszewski J, Mehta S, Al Zube L, et al. Effects of local insulin delivery on subperiosteal angiogenesis and mineralized tissue formation during fracture healing. J Orthop Res. 2013;31:783-91 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the primary osteogenic effect of UL during the early stages of fracture healing (1-3 weeks) is through an increase in osteogenic gene expression, subperiosteal angiogenesis, and mineralized tissue formation. ..
- Lewis S, Hedman C, Ziegler T, Ricke W, Jorgensen J. Steroidogenic factor 1 promotes aggressive growth of castration-resistant prostate cancer cells by stimulating steroid synthesis and cell proliferation. Endocrinology. 2014;155:358-69 pubmed publisher..These findings present a new molecular mechanism and therapeutic target for deadly CRPC. ..
- López Rivera E, Jayaraman P, Parikh F, Davies M, Ekmekcioglu S, Izadmehr S, et al. Inducible nitric oxide synthase drives mTOR pathway activation and proliferation of human melanoma by reversible nitrosylation of TSC2. Cancer Res. 2014;74:1067-78 pubmed publisher..This model is consistent with the known association of iNOS overexpression and poor prognosis in melanoma and other cancers. ..
- Abu Odeh M, Hereema N, Aqeilan R. WWOX modulates the ATR-mediated DNA damage checkpoint response. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4344-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present findings indicate that WWOX plays a key role in ATR checkpoint activation, while its absence might facilitate genomic instability. ..
- Feris E, Encinales L, Awad C, Stern J, Tabansky I, JimÃ©nez Alvarez L, et al. High levels of anti-tuberculin (IgG) antibodies correlate with the blocking of T-cell proliferation in individuals with high exposure to Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Int J Infect Dis. 2016;43:21-24 pubmed publisher..Although cellular immunity plays a central role in the protection against TB, humoral immunity is critical in the control of Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in high-risk individuals with latent TB infection. ..
- Li J, Miao L, Zhao C, Shaikh Qureshi W, Shieh D, Guo H, et al. CDC42 is required for epicardial and pro-epicardial development by mediating FGF receptor trafficking to the plasma membrane. Development. 2017;144:1635-1647 pubmed publisher..FGF signaling promotes epicardium formation in vivo, and biochemical studies demonstrated that CDC42 is involved in the trafficking of FGF receptors to the cell membrane to regulate epicardium formation. ..
- Kim D, Lee M, Liu K, Lim D, Roh E, Chen H, et al. Herbacetin suppresses cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma cell growth by targeting AKT and ODC. Carcinogenesis. 2017;38:1136-1146 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that herbacetin is a potent AKT and ODC inhibitor that should be useful for preventing skin cancers. ..
- Penick K, Solchaga L, Berilla J, Welter J. Performance of polyoxymethylene plastic (POM) as a component of a tissue engineering bioreactor. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2005;75:168-74 pubmed..The contrast of these findings to those of LaIuppa et al.5 may reflect a cell-type specific sensitivity, or may be due to different handling of the material. ..
- Sengupta K, Banerjee S, Dhar K, Saxena N, Mehta S, Campbell D, et al. WISP-2/CCN5 is involved as a novel signaling intermediate in phorbol ester-protein kinase Calpha-mediated breast tumor cell proliferation. Biochemistry. 2006;45:10698-709 pubmed
- Elpek K, Lacelle C, Singh N, Yolcu E, Shirwan H. CD4+CD25+ T regulatory cells dominate multiple immune evasion mechanisms in early but not late phases of tumor development in a B cell lymphoma model. J Immunol. 2007;178:6840-8 pubmed
- Sinha Datta U, Taylor J, Brown M, Nicot C. Celecoxib disrupts the canonical apoptotic network in HTLV-I cells through activation of Bax and inhibition of PKB/Akt. Apoptosis. 2008;13:33-40 pubmed..These effects were independent from Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL. We also found that Celecoxib inhibited the Akt/GSK3 beta survival pathway in HTLV-I cells. ..
- Thomas S, Muralidharan A, Shah G. Knock-down of calcitonin receptor expression induces apoptosis and growth arrest of prostate cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2007;31:1425-37 pubmed..These results suggest an important role for CT-CTR autocrine axis in the progression of localized prostate tumor to a metastatic phenotype, and offer a potential therapeutic option for invasive cancers. ..
- Manuylov N, Manuylova E, Avdoshina V, TEVOSIAN S. Serdin1/Lrrc10 is dispensable for mouse development. Genesis. 2008;46:441-6 pubmed publisher..We report here that, in striking contrast to the zebrafish lrrc10 knockdown, Lrrc10-null mice develop normally and exhibit no discernable phenotype. ..
- Lau G, Lau G, Yu G, Gelman I, Gutowski A, Hangauer D, et al. Expression of Src and FAK in hepatocellular carcinoma and the effect of Src inhibitors on hepatocellular carcinoma in vitro. Dig Dis Sci. 2009;54:1465-74 pubmed publisher..Src antagonism with specific inhibitors may be an attractive treatment paradigm for patients with HCC. ..
- Peters G, Seachrist D, Keri R, Sen G. The double-stranded RNA-binding protein, PACT, is required for postnatal anterior pituitary proliferation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:10696-701 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed a physiologically significant role for PACT in cell proliferation and an essential role of a dsRNA-binding protein in mammalian pituitary expansion. ..
- Horvat Gordon M, Praul C, Ramachandran R, Bartell P, Leach R. Use of microarray analysis to study gene expression in the avian epiphyseal growth plate. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2010;5:12-23 pubmed publisher..These processes are important to the physiology and survival of chondrocytes in the unique and stressful environment of the epiphyseal growth plate...
- Wang Y, Jiang J, Zhu Q, Alanezi A, Clark R, Jiang X, et al. Porphyromonas gingivalis lipids inhibit osteoblastic differentiation and function. Infect Immun. 2010;78:3726-35 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that inhibition of osteoblast function and gene expression by P. gingivalis lipids represents a novel mechanism for altering alveolar bone homeostasis at periodontal disease sites. ..
- Bardsley M, Horváth V, Asuzu D, Lorincz A, Redelman D, Hayashi Y, et al. Kitlow stem cells cause resistance to Kit/platelet-derived growth factor alpha inhibitors in murine gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Gastroenterology. 2010;139:942-52 pubmed publisher..Cancer stem cell drugs may target these cells. ..
- McClain J, Hayes D, Morris S, Nixon K. Adolescent binge alcohol exposure alters hippocampal progenitor cell proliferation in rats: effects on cell cycle kinetics. J Comp Neurol. 2011;519:2697-710 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest the mechanism of alcohol inhibition of neurogenesis and also reveal the earliest evidence of the compensatory neurogenesis reaction that has been observed a week after binge alcohol exposure. ..
- Houghton P, Lock R, Carol H, Morton C, Phelps D, Gorlick R, et al. Initial testing of the hypoxia-activated prodrug PR-104 by the pediatric preclinical testing program. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2011;57:443-53 pubmed publisher..Pharmacokinetic data at the PR-104 MTD from human trials suggest that PR-104 metabolites may not reach the plasma exposures in children that were associated with high-level preclinical activity. ..
- Samadi A, Zhang X, Mukerji R, Donnelly A, Blagg B, Cohen M. A novel C-terminal HSP90 inhibitor KU135 induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in melanoma cells. Cancer Lett. 2011;312:158-67 pubmed publisher..These finding show that KU135 reduced cell survival, proliferation, and induces apoptosis in melanoma cells. We suggest that KU135 may be a potential candidate for cancer therapy against melanoma. ..
- Stein J, Iwuchukwu C, Maier K, Gahtan V. Thrombospondin-1-induced vascular smooth muscle cell migration and proliferation are functionally dependent on microRNA-21. Surgery. 2014;155:228-33 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that miR-21 directly modulates cell function and signaling pathways in ways other than inhibition of protein translation. ..
- Bieniek J, Childress C, Swatski M, Yang W. COX-2 inhibitors arrest prostate cancer cell cycle progression by down-regulation of kinetochore/centromere proteins. Prostate. 2014;74:999-1011 pubmed publisher..Our studies indicate that inhibition of COX-2 can arrest prostate cancer cell cycle progression through inactivation of the EP1 receptor signaling and down-regulation of kinetochore/centromere proteins. ..
- Kim S, Zingler M, Harrison J, Scott E, Cogle C, Luo D, et al. Angiotensin II Regulation of Proliferation, Differentiation, and Engraftment of Hematopoietic Stem Cells. Hypertension. 2016;67:574-84 pubmed publisher..These observations highlight the important regulatory roles of Ang II on HSC proliferation, differentiation, and engraftment. ..
- Vetvicka V, Vetvickova J. Fucoidans Stimulate Immune Reaction and Suppress Cancer Growth. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6041-6046 pubmed..Fucoidans are gaining popularity as natural immunomodulators. The aim of this study was to compare the immunological activities or both purified samples and commercially available mixtures containing fucoidan...
- Hwang H, Chen T, Nines R, Shin H, Stoner G. Photochemoprevention of UVB-induced skin carcinogenesis in SKH-1 mice by brown algae polyphenols. Int J Cancer. 2006;119:2742-9 pubmed..These observations show that brown algae polyphenols have an antiphotocarcinogenic effect which may be associated with the prevention of UVB-induced oxidative stress, inflammation, and cell proliferation in the skin. ..
- Hernandez Gifford J, Hunzicker Dunn M, Nilson J. Conditional deletion of beta-catenin mediated by Amhr2cre in mice causes female infertility. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:1282-92 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that FSH regulation of steroidogenesis requires beta-catenin, a role that remains hidden when tested through Amhr2cre-mediated recombination in vivo...
- Fossey S, Liao A, McCleese J, Bear M, Lin J, Li P, et al. Characterization of STAT3 activation and expression in canine and human osteosarcoma. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:81 pubmed publisher..Future investigational trials of LLL3 in dogs with spontaneous OSA will help to more accurately define the role of STAT3 in the clinical setting. ..
- Kurenova E, Hunt D, He D, Magis A, Ostrov D, Cance W. Small molecule chloropyramine hydrochloride (C4) targets the binding site of focal adhesion kinase and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 3 and suppresses breast cancer growth in vivo. J Med Chem. 2009;52:4716-24 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that the FAK-VEGFR-3 interaction can be targeted by small druglike molecules and this interaction can provide the basis for highly specific novel cancer therapeutics...
- Wang Z, Lee H, Chai Y, Hu H, Wang L, Zhang Y, et al. Persistent p21Cip1 induction mediates G(1) cell cycle arrest by methylseleninic acid in DU145 prostate cancer cells. Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2010;10:307-18 pubmed
- Suárez González D, Barnhart K, Saito E, Vanderby R, Hollister S, Murphy W. Controlled nucleation of hydroxyapatite on alginate scaffolds for stem cell-based bone tissue engineering. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010;95:222-34 pubmed publisher..This novel alginate- HAP composite material could be used in bone tissue engineering as a scaffold material to deliver cells, and perhaps also biologically active molecules. ..
- LIN S, Talbot P. Methods for culturing mouse and human embryonic stem cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;690:31-56 pubmed publisher..These protocols have been tested in our laboratory and work well. They can be modified and adapted for any relevant user's particular purpose. ..
- Houghton P, Gorlick R, Kolb E, Lock R, Carol H, Morton C, et al. Initial testing (stage 1) of the mTOR kinase inhibitor AZD8055 by the pediatric preclinical testing program. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012;58:191-9 pubmed publisher..AZD8055 demonstrated broad activity in vitro, but at the dose and schedule studied demonstrated limited activity in vivo against the PPTP solid tumor and ALL panels. ..
- Onimoe G, Liu A, Lin L, Wei C, Schwartz E, Bhasin D, et al. Small molecules, LLL12 and FLLL32, inhibit STAT3 and exhibit potent growth suppressive activity in osteosarcoma cells and tumor growth in mice. Invest New Drugs. 2012;30:916-26 pubmed publisher..Blocking persistent STAT3 signaling by LLL12 and FLLL32 may be a novel therapeutic approach for osteosarcoma. ..
- Guryanova O, Wu Q, Cheng L, Lathia J, Huang Z, Yang J, et al. Nonreceptor tyrosine kinase BMX maintains self-renewal and tumorigenic potential of glioblastoma stem cells by activating STAT3. Cancer Cell. 2011;19:498-511 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that BMX represents a GSC therapeutic target and reinforces the importance of STAT3 signaling in stem-like cancer phenotypes. ..