Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell proliferation in Canada
Topic: cell proliferation
Publications108 found, 100 shown here
- Wang Z, Keita M, Bachvarova M, Gobeil S, Morin C, Plante M, et al. Inhibition of RUNX2 transcriptional activity blocks the proliferation, migration and invasion of epithelial ovarian carcinoma cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74384 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to more completely elucidate the functional implications of RUNX2 and other members of the RUNX gene family in ovarian tumorigenesis. ..
- Kostantin E, Hardy S, Valinsky W, Kompatscher A, de Baaij J, Zolotarov Y, et al. Inhibition of PRL-2Â·CNNM3 Protein Complex Formation Decreases Breast Cancer Proliferation and Tumor Growth. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:10716-25 pubmed publisher..In summary, we provide evidence that this fundamental regulatory aspect of PRL-2 in cancer cells could potentially lead to broadly applicable and innovative therapeutic avenues. ..
- Carbonneau C, Despars G, Rojas Sutterlin S, Fortin A, Le O, Hoang T, et al. Ionizing radiation-induced expression of INK4a/ARF in murine bone marrow-derived stromal cell populations interferes with bone marrow homeostasis. Blood. 2012;119:717-26 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results reveal the distinct sensitivity of BM stromal cell populations to IR and suggest that long-term residual damage to the BM microenvironment can influence hematopoiesis in an Ink4a/arf-dependent manner. ..
- Storozhuk Y, Hopmans S, Sanli T, Barron C, Tsiani E, Cutz J, et al. Metformin inhibits growth and enhances radiation response of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) through ATM and AMPK. Br J Cancer. 2013;108:2021-32 pubmed publisher..Metformin and IR mediate their action through an ATM-AMPK-dependent pathway. Our results suggest that MET can be a clinically useful adjunct to radiotherapy in NSCLC. ..
- Neault M, Mallette F, Richard S. miR-137 Modulates a Tumor Suppressor Network-Inducing Senescence in Pancreatic Cancer Cells. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1966-78 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that modulating levels of miR-137 may be important for triggering tumor suppressor networks in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Chand S, Zarei M, Schiewer M, Kamath A, Romeo C, Lal S, et al. Posttranscriptional Regulation of PARG mRNA by HuR Facilitates DNA Repair and Resistance to PARP Inhibitors. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5011-5025 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the HuR-PARG axis as an opportunity to enhance PARPi-based therapies. Cancer Res; 77(18); 5011-25. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Wilson C, Murphy L, Leslie J, Kendrick S, French J, Fox C, et al. Ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase 1: A novel functional marker for liver myofibroblasts and a therapeutic target in chronic liver disease. J Hepatol. 2015;63:1421-8 pubmed publisher..UCHL1 expression is highly upregulated upon HSC activation and is involved in the regulation of HSC proliferation. This study highlights therapeutic opportunities for pharmacological targeting of UCHL1 in chronic liver disease. ..
- Guo J, Chen H, Ho J, Mancini J, Sontag T, Laporte S, et al. TGFbeta-induced GRK2 expression attenuates AngII-regulated vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration. Cell Signal. 2009;21:899-905 pubmed
- Lalancette Hébert M, Swarup V, Beaulieu J, Bohacek I, Abdelhamid E, Weng Y, et al. Galectin-3 is required for resident microglia activation and proliferation in response to ischemic injury. J Neurosci. 2012;32:10383-95 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings suggest that galectin-3 is required for resident microglia activation and proliferation in response to ischemic injury. ..
- Brunelle M, Sartin E, Wolfe L, Sirois J, Dore M. Cyclooxygenase-2 expression in normal and neoplastic canine mammary cell lines. Vet Pathol. 2006;43:656-66 pubmed
- Di Curzio D, Buist R, Del Bigio M. Reduced subventricular zone proliferation and white matter damage in juvenile ferrets with kaolin-induced hydrocephalus. Exp Neurol. 2013;248:112-28 pubmed publisher..The ferret should prove useful for testing hypotheses about white matter damage and protection in the immature hydrocephalic brain. ..
- Chailler P, Menard D. Establishment of human gastric epithelial (HGE) cell lines exhibiting barrier function, progenitor, and prezymogenic characteristics. J Cell Physiol. 2005;202:263-74 pubmed
- Shafa M, Sjonnesen K, Yamashita A, Liu S, Michalak M, Kallos M, et al. Expansion and long-term maintenance of induced pluripotent stem cells in stirred suspension bioreactors. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2012;6:462-72 pubmed publisher..Stirred suspension bioreactor culture represents an efficient process for the large-scale expansion and maintenance of iPSCs, which is an important first step in their clinical application. ..
- Çelebi B, Mantovani D, Pineault N. Effects of extracellular matrix proteins on the growth of haematopoietic progenitor cells. Biomed Mater. 2011;6:055011 pubmed publisher..05) than 3ECMp. In conclusion, these results suggest that optimization of BM ECM protein complexes could provide a better environment for the ex vivo expansion of haematopoietic progenitors than individual ECM protein. ..
- Khelwatty S, Essapen S, Seddon A, Modjtahedi H. Growth response of human colorectal tumour cell lines to treatment with afatinib (BIBW2992), an irreversible erbB family blocker, and its association with expression of HER family members. Int J Oncol. 2011;39:483-91 pubmed publisher..This approach could lead to the identification of a specific subpopulation of cancer patients more likely to benefit from erbB-directed therapy. ..
- Mancini J, Rousseau P, Castor K, Sleiman H, Autexier C. Platinum(II) phenanthroimidazole G-quadruplex ligand induces selective telomere shortening in A549 cancer cells. Biochimie. 2016;121:287-97 pubmed publisher..Both apoptosis and cellular senescence may contribute to the anti-proliferative effects of PIP. Our studies validate the development of novel and specific therapeutic ligands targeting telomeric G-quadruplex structures in cancer cells. ..
- Suleman M, Prysliak T, Clarke K, Burrage P, Windeyer C, Perez Casal J. Mycoplasma bovis isolates recovered from cattle and bison (Bison bison) show differential in vitro effects on PBMC proliferation, alveolar macrophage apoptosis and invasion of epithelial and immune cells. Vet Microbiol. 2016;186:28-36 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence about the differential properties of M. bovis isolated from the two species and has helped in the selection of bison isolates for genomic sequencing. ..
- van Vliet P, Lin L, Boogerd C, Martin J, Andelfinger G, Grossfeld P, et al. Tissue specific requirements for WNT11 in developing outflow tract and dorsal mesenchymal protrusion. Dev Biol. 2017;429:249-259 pubmed publisher..These studies revealed a previously unappreciated role for WNT11 for DMP formation and distinct tissue-specific requirements for WNT11 in outflow tract and DMP development. ..
- Chouinard S, Barbier O, Belanger A. UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B15 (UGT2B15) and UGT2B17 enzymes are major determinants of the androgen response in prostate cancer LNCaP cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33466-74 pubmed..Taken together these data support the idea that UGT2B15 and -B17 are critical enzymes for the local inactivation of androgens and that glucuronidation is a major determinant of androgen action in prostate cells. ..
- Joe A, Yi L, Natarajan A, Le Grand F, So L, Wang J, et al. Muscle injury activates resident fibro/adipogenic progenitors that facilitate myogenesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:153-63 pubmed publisher..In summary, FAPs expand upon damage to provide a transient source of pro-differentiation signals for proliferating myogenic progenitors. ..
- Walsh S, Kumar R, Grochmal J, Kemp S, Forden J, Midha R. Fate of stem cell transplants in peripheral nerves. Stem Cell Res. 2012;8:226-38 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the ultimate fate of SKPs in vivo depends on the nerve environment into which they are injected and can be modified by inclusion of heregulin-1?. ..
- Braadland P, Grytli H, Ramberg H, Katz B, Kellman R, Gauthier Landry L, et al. Low Î²â‚‚-adrenergic receptor level may promote development of castration resistant prostate cancer and altered steroid metabolism. Oncotarget. 2016;7:1878-94 pubmed publisher..Similar to ADRB2, we show that low levels of UGT2B15 are associated with a more rapid CRPC progression. We propose a novel mechanism by which ADRB2 may affect the development of CRPC through downregulation of UGT2B15 and UGT2B17. ..
- Idowu T, Samadder P, Arthur G, Schweizer F. Design, synthesis and antitumor properties of glycosylated antitumor ether lipid (GAEL)- chlorambucil-hybrids. Chem Phys Lipids. 2016;194:139-48 pubmed publisher..The hybrids were however not as active as the parent GAEL 1 against MiaPaCa2 whereas 6 restored activity comparable to 1. ..
- Lan M, Li H, Bao L, Li M, Lye S, Dong X. In Vivo Evidence of the Androgen Receptor in Association With Myometrial Cell Proliferation and Apoptosis. Reprod Sci. 2016;23:264-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that AR is an important regulator of myometrial growth in vivo during pregnancy and in leiomyoma. ..
- Naser R, Vandenbosch R, Omais S, Hayek D, Jaafar C, Al Lafi S, et al. Role of the Retinoblastoma protein, Rb, during adult neurogenesis in the olfactory bulb. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20230 pubmed publisher..This enhanced SVZ/OB neurogenesis associated with loss of Rb was only transient and negatively affected by increased apoptosis indicating a critical requirement for Rb in the long-term survival of adult-born OB interneurons. ..
- Yu J, Guo Q, Mu J, Zhang T, Li R, Xie J. Nr2e1 Downregulation Is Involved in Excess Retinoic Acid-induced Developmental Abnormality in the Mouse Brain. Biomed Environ Sci. 2017;30:185-193 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that Nr2e1 could be regulated by RA, which would aid a better understanding of the mechanism underlying RA-induced brain abnormality. ..
- Shynlova O, Tsui P, Jaffer S, Lye S. Integration of endocrine and mechanical signals in the regulation of myometrial functions during pregnancy and labour. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2009;144 Suppl 1:S2-10 pubmed publisher..Our data are obtained mostly from the rat, but we believe that they are generally applicable across species. ..
- Szabat M, Page M, Panzhinskiy E, SkovsÃ¸ S, Mojibian M, Fernandez Tajes J, et al. Reduced Insulin Production Relieves Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress and Induces Î² Cell Proliferation. Cell Metab. 2016;23:179-93 pubmed publisher..Eventually, recombined cells mis-expressed glucagon in the hyperglycemic state. We conclude that the normally high rate of insulin production suppresses Î² cell proliferation in a cell-autonomous manner. ..
- Shoaib M, Saeed A, Akhtar J, Rahman M, Ullah A, Jurkschat K, et al. Potassium-doped mesoporous bioactive glass: Synthesis, characterization and evaluation of biomedical properties. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:836-844 pubmed publisher..The synthesized MBG also shows osteoblast activity and bone mineralization as revealed by alkaline phosphatase activity (ALP) and osteocalcin formation. ..
- Bosse Y, Thompson C, Stankova J, Rola Pleszczynski M. Fibroblast growth factor 2 and transforming growth factor beta1 synergism in human bronchial smooth muscle cell proliferation. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2006;34:746-53 pubmed..This powerful synergistic effect may thus contribute to the hyperplastic phenotype of BSMC in remodeled asthmatic airways. ..
- Ma L, Cantrup R, Varrault A, Colak D, Klenin N, Gotz M, et al. Zac1 functions through TGFbetaII to negatively regulate cell number in the developing retina. Neural Dev. 2007;2:11 pubmed..This raises the intriguing possibility that tumorigenicity may also be associated with the loss of feedback inhibition in mature tissues. ..
- Su H, Jack M, McIntosh L, Perdomo L, Choy B, Finck B, et al. Clinical grade production and characterization of a fusion protein comprised of the chemokine CCL2-ligand genetically fused to a mutated and truncated form of the Shiga A1 subunit. Protein Expr Purif. 2009;66:149-57 pubmed publisher..Binding studies established that the protein exerts its effects via CCR2, the cognate receptor for CCL2. Clinical trials in inflammatory nephropathies are planned. ..
- Wong W, Boutros P, Wasylishen A, Guckert K, O Brien E, Griffiths R, et al. Characterization of the apoptotic response of human leukemia cells to organosulfur compounds. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:351 pubmed publisher..0001). Taken together, these data establish OSCs derivatized from dysoxysulfone as a novel group of compounds for development as anti-cancer agents. ..
- Deschene K, Celeste C, Boerboom D, Theoret C. Hypoxia regulates the expression of extracellular matrix associated proteins in equine dermal fibroblasts via HIF1. J Dermatol Sci. 2012;65:12-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that hypoxia regulates ECM remodeling via HIF1 in EDFs, and that this may be an important determinant in the pathogenesis of equine EGT. ..
- Usongo V, Martel M, Balleydier A, Drolet M. Mutations reducing replication from R-loops suppress the defects of growth, chromosome segregation and DNA supercoiling in cells lacking topoisomerase I and RNase HI activity. DNA Repair (Amst). 2016;40:1-17 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that topo III overproduction is unable to complement the growth defect of topA rnhA null mutants at low temperatures that stabilizes hyper-negatively supercoiled DNA. ..
- Debrus S, Rahbani L, Marttila M, Delorme B, Paradis P, Nemer M. The zinc finger-only protein Zfp260 is a novel cardiac regulator and a nuclear effector of alpha1-adrenergic signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8669-82 pubmed..The data identify Zfp260 as a novel transcriptional regulator in normal and pathological heart development and a nuclear effector of alpha1-adrenergic signaling. ..
- Chang W, Andrews J, Carter D, Dagnino L. Differentiation and injury-repair signals modulate the interaction of E2F and pRB proteins with novel target genes in keratinocytes. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:1872-9 pubmed..Thus, multiple combinations of E2F and pRb family proteins may associate with and transcriptionally regulate a given target promoter in response to differentiation and injury-repair stimuli in epidermal keratinocytes. ..
- Lucchinetti E, Zeisberger S, Baruscotti I, Wacker J, Feng J, Zaugg K, et al. Stem cell-like human endothelial progenitors show enhanced colony-forming capacity after brief sevoflurane exposure: preconditioning of angiogenic cells by volatile anesthetics. Anesth Analg. 2009;109:1117-26 pubmed publisher..Sevoflurane preconditioning promotes growth and proliferation of stem cell-like human endothelial progenitors. Hence, it may be used to promote perioperative vascular healing and to support cell replacement therapies. ..
- Liu J, Zeng L, Kennedy R, Gruenig N, Childs S. ?Pix plays a dual role in cerebral vascular stability and angiogenesis, and interacts with integrin ?v?8. Dev Biol. 2012;363:95-105 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that a complex involving ?Pix, GIT1 and integrin ?(v)?(8) may regulate vascular stability, cerebral angiogenesis and endothelial cell proliferation in the developing embryo. ..
- Raykha C, Crawford J, Gan B, Fu P, Bach L, O Gorman D. IGF-II and IGFBP-6 regulate cellular contractility and proliferation in Dupuytren's disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1832:1511-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first report to implicate IGFBP-6 as a suppressor of cellular proliferation and IGF-II as an inducer of cellular contractility in this connective tissue disease. ..
- Martin E, Palmic N, Sanquer S, Lenoir C, Hauck F, Mongellaz C, et al. CTP synthase 1 deficiency in humans reveals its central role in lymphocyte proliferation. Nature. 2014;510:288-92 pubmed publisher..CTPS1 may therefore represent a therapeutic target of immunosuppressive drugs that could specifically dampen lymphocyte activation. ..
- Tattoli I, Killackey S, Foerster E, Molinaro R, Maisonneuve C, Rahman M, et al. NLRX1 Acts as an Epithelial-Intrinsic Tumor Suppressor through the Modulation of TNF-Mediated Proliferation. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2576-86 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify NLRX1 as a suppressor of colonic tumorigenesis that acts by controlling epithelial proliferation in the intestine during the regeneration phase following mucosal injury. ..
- Xu D, Aka J, Wang R, Lin S. 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 5 is negatively correlated to apoptosis inhibitor GRP78 and tumor-secreted protein PGK1, and modulates breast cancer cell viability and proliferation. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;171:270-280 pubmed publisher..We thus propose that 17?-HSD5 may not be a potent target for breast cancer treatment but its low expression could represent a poor prognosis factor. ..
- Morin C, Fortin S. Docosahexaenoic Acid Monoglyceride Increases Carboplatin Activity in Lung Cancer Models by Targeting EGFR. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6015-6023 pubmed..The aim of this study was to determine the anticancer effect of docosahexaenoic acid monoglyceride (MAG-DHA) alone and in combination with the chemotherapeutic agent carboplatin (CBT) on lung cancer models...
- Abraham N, Ma M, Snow J, Miners M, Herndier B, Goldsmith M. Haploinsufficiency identifies STAT5 as a modifier of IL-7-induced lymphomas. Oncogene. 2005;24:5252-7 pubmed..Lower STAT5 protein levels accompanied the reduction in STAT5A/5B copy number, which suggests that STAT5 haploinsufficiency is a modifier of IL-7 signal strength. ..
- Ramanathan S, Gagnon J, Leblanc C, Rottapel R, Ilangumaran S. Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 stringently regulates distinct functions of IL-7 and IL-15 in vivo during T lymphocyte development and homeostasis. J Immunol. 2006;176:4029-41 pubmed..Our findings illustrate distinct functions for IL-7 and IL-15 in T lymphocyte development and homeostasis, and stringent regulation of these processes by SOCS1. ..
- Silva E, Tsatskis Y, Gardano L, Tapon N, McNeill H. The tumor-suppressor gene fat controls tissue growth upstream of expanded in the hippo signaling pathway. Curr Biol. 2006;16:2081-9 pubmed..Genetic-epistasis experiments place fat with expanded in the Hippo pathway. Together, these data suggest that Fat functions as a cell-surface receptor for the Expanded branch of the conserved Hippo growth control pathway. ..
- Sun J, Jin T. Both Wnt and mTOR signaling pathways are involved in insulin-stimulated proto-oncogene expression in intestinal cells. Cell Signal. 2008;20:219-29 pubmed..Our observations support the existence of crosstalk between insulin and Wnt signaling pathways, and suggest that the crosstalk involves a PKB-independent mechanism. ..
- Lukong K, Huot M, Richard S. BRK phosphorylates PSF promoting its cytoplasmic localization and cell cycle arrest. Cell Signal. 2009;21:1415-22 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that BRK targets the PSF RNA-binding protein during EGF stimulation. ..
- Murooka T, Rahbar R, Fish E. CCL5 promotes proliferation of MCF-7 cells through mTOR-dependent mRNA translation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;387:381-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we describe a mechanism by which CCL5 influences translation of rapamycin-sensitive mRNAs, thereby providing CCR5-positive breast cancer cells with a proliferative advantage. ..
- Ho L, Stojanovski A, Whetstone H, Wei Q, Mau E, Wunder J, et al. Gli2 and p53 cooperate to regulate IGFBP-3- mediated chondrocyte apoptosis in the progression from benign to malignant cartilage tumors. Cancer Cell. 2009;16:126-36 pubmed publisher..IGF signaling-meditated apoptosis regulates the progression to malignant chondrosarcoma. ..
- Courboulin A, Paulin R, Giguère N, Saksouk N, Perreault T, Meloche J, et al. Role for miR-204 in human pulmonary arterial hypertension. J Exp Med. 2011;208:535-48 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers a new regulatory pathway involving miR-204 that is critical to the etiology of PAH and indicates that reestablishing miR-204 expression should be explored as a potential new therapy for this disease. ..
- Lachapelle S, Oesterreich S, Lebel M. The Werner syndrome helicase protein is required for cell proliferation, immortalization, and tumorigenesis in Scaffold attachment factor B1 deficient mice. Aging (Albany NY). 2011;3:277-90 pubmed..These results indicate that an intact Wrn protein is required for immortalization and tumorigenesis in Safb1-null mice. ..
- Izzi L, Levesque M, Morin S, Laniel D, Wilkes B, Mille F, et al. Boc and Gas1 each form distinct Shh receptor complexes with Ptch1 and are required for Shh-mediated cell proliferation. Dev Cell. 2011;20:788-801 pubmed publisher..Together, this demonstrates an absolute requirement for Boc, Cdon, and Gas1 in Hh signaling and reveals a distinct requirement for ligand-binding components that distinguishes the vertebrate and invertebrate Hh receptor systems. ..
- Meloche J, Paulin R, Courboulin A, Lambert C, Barrier M, Bonnet P, et al. RAGE-dependent activation of the oncoprotein Pim1 plays a critical role in systemic vascular remodeling processes. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:2114-24 pubmed publisher..Molecules aimed to inhibit RAGE could be of a great therapeutic interest for the treatment of VRD. ..
- Courboulin A, Tremblay V, Barrier M, Meloche J, Jacob M, Chapolard M, et al. Krüppel-like factor 5 contributes to pulmonary artery smooth muscle proliferation and resistance to apoptosis in human pulmonary arterial hypertension. Respir Res. 2011;12:128 pubmed publisher..We believe that our findings will open new avenues of investigation on the role of KLF5 in PAH and might lead to the identification of new therapeutic targets. ..
- Beristain A, Narala S, Di Grappa M, Khokha R. Homotypic RANK signaling differentially regulates proliferation, motility and cell survival in osteosarcoma and mammary epithelial cells. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:943-55 pubmed publisher..These data also identify the likely inherent differences between epithelial and mesenchymal cell responsiveness to RANK activation. ..
- Rico C, Laguë M, Lefevre P, Tsoi M, Dodelet Devillers A, Kumar V, et al. Pharmacological targeting of mammalian target of rapamycin inhibits ovarian granulosa cell tumor growth. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:2283-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that mTOR is a valid and clinically useful pharmacological target for the treatment of GCT, although its inhibition does not reverse all consequences of aberrant PI3K/AKT signaling in the PCA model. ..
- McCaffrey L, Montalbano J, Mihai C, Macara I. Loss of the Par3 polarity protein promotes breast tumorigenesis and metastasis. Cancer Cell. 2012;22:601-14 pubmed publisher..Importantly, Par3 expression is significantly reduced in human breast cancers, which correlates with active aPKC and Stat3. These data identify Par3 as a regulator of signaling pathways relevant to invasive breast cancer. ..
- Walters Z, Villarejo Balcells B, Olmos D, Buist T, Missiaglia E, Allen R, et al. JARID2 is a direct target of the PAX3-FOXO1 fusion protein and inhibits myogenic differentiation of rhabdomyosarcoma cells. Oncogene. 2014;33:1148-57 pubmed publisher..JARID2 and other components of PRC2 may represent novel therapeutic targets for treating RMS patients. ..
- Chen J, Tran U, Rajarajacholan U, Thalappilly S, Riabowol K. ING1b-inducible microRNA203 inhibits cell proliferation. Br J Cancer. 2013;108:1143-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ING1b epigenetically regulates several miRNAs including miR-203. The several-fold increase in miR-203 by ING1b might inhibit cancer cell proliferation through coordinate downregulation of CDK6, c-Abl and Src. ..
- McLarnon J. Roles of purinergic P2X7 receptor in glioma and microglia in brain tumors. Cancer Lett. 2017;402:93-99 pubmed publisher..Overall, P2X7R activation is associated with a complexity of modulatory actions on tumor growth in part due to ubiquitous expression of the receptor in glioma and immune responsive cells. ..
- Bu M, Cao T, Li H, Guo M, Yang B, Zeng C, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel steroidal 5?,8?-epidioxyandrost-6-ene-3?-ol-17-(O-phenylacetamide)oxime derivatives as potential anticancer agents. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3856-3861 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, fluorescence imaging showed that the designed coumarin-9d conjugate (12) localized mainly in mitochondria, leading to enhanced anticancer activities over the parent structure. ..
- Gizard F, Robillard R, Barbier O, Quatannens B, Faucompré A, Revillion F, et al. TReP-132 controls cell proliferation by regulating the expression of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors p21WAF1/Cip1 and p27Kip1. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:4335-48 pubmed..Together, these results identify TReP-132 as a basal cell cycle regulatory protein acting, at least in part, by interacting with Sp1 to activate the p21 and p27 gene promoters. ..
- Shi M, Hao S, Chan T, Xiang J. CD4(+) T cells stimulate memory CD8(+) T cell expansion via acquired pMHC I complexes and costimulatory molecules, and IL-2 secretion. J Leukoc Biol. 2006;80:1354-63 pubmed..These results highlight a previously undescribed role of active CD4(+) T cells in triggering expansion of memory CD8(+) T cells. ..
- Xu S, Sunderland M, Coles B, Kam A, Holowacz T, Ashery Padan R, et al. The proliferation and expansion of retinal stem cells require functional Pax6. Dev Biol. 2007;304:713-21 pubmed..In vitro clonal inactivation of Pax6 in adult RSCs results in a serious proliferation defect, suggesting that Pax6 is required for the proliferation and expansion of RSCs. ..
- Hauck L, Harms C, An J, Rohne J, Gertz K, Dietz R, et al. Protein kinase CK2 links extracellular growth factor signaling with the control of p27(Kip1) stability in the heart. Nat Med. 2008;14:315-24 pubmed publisher..Our data show that extracellular growth factor signaling regulates p27 stability in postmitotic cells, and that inactivation of p27 by CK2-alpha' is crucial for agonist- and stress-induced cardiac hypertrophic growth. ..
- Couillard C, Laplatte B, Pelletier E. A fish bioassay to evaluate the toxicity associated with the ingestion of benzo[a]pyrene-contaminated benthic prey. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2009;28:772-81 pubmed publisher..The present study supports the use of intestinal biomarkers, in addition to hepatic biomarkers, in environmental monitoring to assess the impact of dietary exposure to PAHs. ..
- Somvanshi R, Billova S, Kharmate G, Rajput P, Kumar U. C-tail mediated modulation of somatostatin receptor type-4 homo- and heterodimerizations and signaling. Cell Signal. 2009;21:1396-414 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data define a novel mechanism for the role of hSSTR4 in cell proliferation and modulation of signaling pathways. ..
- McCormick C, Nixon F, Thomas C, Lowie B, Dyck J. Hippocampal cell proliferation and spatial memory performance after social instability stress in adolescence in female rats. Behav Brain Res. 2010;208:23-9 pubmed publisher..The lasting memory reduction and reduced cell proliferation/survival in SS rats is consistent with the hypothesis that ongoing development of the hippocampus renders the adolescent particularly vulnerable to chronic social stress. ..
- Arabkhari M, Bunda S, Wang Y, Wang A, Pshezhetsky A, Hinek A. Desialylation of insulin receptors and IGF-1 receptors by neuraminidase-1 controls the net proliferative response of L6 myoblasts to insulin. Glycobiology. 2010;20:603-16 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that desialylation of both IR and IGF-1R by Neu1 controls the net proliferative response of skeletal myoblasts to insulin. ..
- Barrès V, Ouellet V, Lafontaine J, Tonin P, Provencher D, Mes Masson A. An essential role for Ran GTPase in epithelial ovarian cancer cell survival. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:272 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a role for Ran in ovarian cancer cell survival and tumorigenicity and suggest that this critical GTPase may be suitable as a therapeutic target. ..
- Mercier P, Bachvarova M, Plante M, Gregoire J, Renaud M, Ghani K, et al. Characterization of DOK1, a candidate tumor suppressor gene, in epithelial ovarian cancer. Mol Oncol. 2011;5:438-53 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to more completely elucidate the functional implications of DOK1 and other members of the DOK gene family in ovarian tumorigenesis. ..
- Kleiman A, Keats E, Chan N, Khan Z. Elevated IGF2 prevents leptin induction and terminal adipocyte differentiation in hemangioma stem cells. Exp Mol Pathol. 2013;94:126-36 pubmed publisher..We also show that IGF2 does not alter the initial commitment phase. These findings implicate an important role of IGF2 in expanding hemangioma stem cells and preventing terminal adipocyte differentiation...
- Tai J, Cheung S. In Vitro culture studies of FlorEssence on human tumor cell lines. Phytother Res. 2005;19:107-12 pubmed..The results suggest that FE at high concentrations show differential inhibitory effect on different human cancer cell lines. Further studies are needed to assess the biological activities of FE...
- Hu C, Dievart A, Lupien M, Calvo E, Tremblay G, Jolicoeur P. Overexpression of activated murine Notch1 and Notch3 in transgenic mice blocks mammary gland development and induces mammary tumors. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:973-90 pubmed..Furthermore, MMTV/Notch3(intra) Tg mice exhibited a very similar phenotype. Thus, these Tg mice represent novel models for studying the role of Notch1 or Notch3 in the development and transformation of the mammary gland. ..
- Cheung S, Tai J. Anti-proliferative and antioxidant properties of rosemary Rosmarinus officinalis. Oncol Rep. 2007;17:1525-31 pubmed..In view of the chemopreventive potentials, further studies are needed to explore other biological properties of this popular spice used by many cultures in the world...
- Lu S, Archer M. Sp1 coordinately regulates de novo lipogenesis and proliferation in cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:416-25 pubmed publisher..Overall, these observations suggest that Sp1 coordinately regulates de novo lipogenesis and proliferation in cancer cells. ..
- Malu D, Bélanger B, Desautels F, Kelendji K, Dalko E, Sanchez Dardon J, et al. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor: a downregulator of early T cell-dependent IFN-gamma responses in Plasmodium chabaudi adami (556 KA)-infected mice. J Immunol. 2011;186:6271-9 pubmed publisher..c. adami infection, MIF decreases IFN-? secretion in CD4(+) T cells and, additionally, has the intrinsic ability to render CD4(+) T cells less capable of acquiring a robust Th1 phenotype when stimulated in the presence of IL-12. ..