Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell proliferation in Austria
Topic: cell proliferation
Publications111 found, 100 shown here
- Musteanu M, Blaas L, Mair M, Schlederer M, Bilban M, Tauber S, et al. Stat3 is a negative regulator of intestinal tumor progression in Apc(Min) mice. Gastroenterology. 2010;138:1003-11.e1-5 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Stat3 impairs invasiveness of intestinal tumors. Therefore, therapeutic targeting of the Stat3 signaling pathway in intestinal cancer should be evaluated for adverse effects on tumor progression. ..
- Dornetshuber Fleiss R, Heffeter P, Mohr T, Hazemi P, Kryeziu K, Seger C, et al. Destruxins: fungal-derived cyclohexadepsipeptides with multifaceted anticancer and antiangiogenic activities. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;86:361-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, Dtx represent feasible, multifunctional anticancer drug candidates for preclinical development especially against colorectal cancer. ..
- Tomek K, Wagner R, Varga F, Singer C, Karlic H, Grunt T. Blockade of fatty acid synthase induces ubiquitination and degradation of phosphoinositide-3-kinase signaling proteins in ovarian cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2011;9:1767-79 pubmed publisher..FASN is a promising cancer target, whose inhibition not only abrogates lipogenesis, which is indispensable for cancer growth, but also downregulates oncogenic PI3K signaling. ..
- Peter B, Cerny Reiterer S, Hadzijusufovic E, Schuch K, Stefanzl G, Eisenwort G, et al. The pan-Bcl-2 blocker obatoclax promotes the expression of Puma, Noxa, and Bim mRNA and induces apoptosis in neoplastic mast cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2014;95:95-104 pubmed publisher..Whether these drug effects can be translated to application in patients with advanced SM remains to be determined. ..
- Arion V, Dobrov A, Göschl S, Jakupec M, Keppler B, Rapta P. Ruthenium- and osmium-arene-based paullones bearing a TEMPO free-radical unit as potential anticancer drugs. Chem Commun (Camb). 2012;48:8559-61 pubmed publisher..A modified paullone ligand bearing a TEMPO free-radical unit (HL) and its ruthenium(II) and osmium(II)-arene complexes [M(p-cymene)(HL)Cl]Cl·nH(2)O (M = Ru, Os) exhibit high antiproliferative activity in human cancer cell lines...
- Kothmaier H, Quehenberger F, Halbwedl I, Morbini P, Demirag F, Zeren H, et al. EGFR and PDGFR differentially promote growth in malignant epithelioid mesothelioma of short and long term survivors. Thorax. 2008;63:345-51 pubmed..We have demonstrated that small scale proteomics can be carried out by powerful linkage of TMA, immunohistochemistry and statistical methods to identify proteins which might be relevant targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Jantscher F, Pirker C, Mayer C, Berger W, Sutterluety H. Overexpression of Aurora-A in primary cells interferes with S-phase entry by diminishing Cyclin D1 dependent activities. Mol Cancer. 2011;10:28 pubmed publisher..The presented data indicate that deactivation of the tumor suppressor RB is one of the requirements for overriding a cell cycle checkpoint triggered by increased Aurora-A levels. ..
- Bergmeister H, Grasl C, Walter I, Plasenzotti R, Stoiber M, Schreiber C, et al. Electrospun small-diameter polyurethane vascular grafts: ingrowth and differentiation of vascular-specific host cells. Artif Organs. 2012;36:54-61 pubmed publisher..Besides biomechanical benefits, electrospun polyurethane grafts exhibit excellent biocompatibility in vivo. Cell immigration and differentiation seems to be promoted by the nanostructured artificial matrix. ..
- Zödl B, Schmid D, Wassler G, Gundacker C, Leibetseder V, Thalhammer T, et al. Intestinal transport and metabolism of acrylamide. Toxicology. 2007;232:99-108 pubmed..Depletion of cellular glutathione levels may be one potential mechanism for acrylamide (geno)toxicity. ..
- Stöckl P, Zankl C, Hutter E, Unterluggauer H, Laun P, Heeren G, et al. Partial uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation induces premature senescence in human fibroblasts and yeast mother cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2007;43:947-58 pubmed
- Murias M, Miksits M, Aust S, Spatzenegger M, Thalhammer T, Szekeres T, et al. Metabolism of resveratrol in breast cancer cell lines: impact of sulfotransferase 1A1 expression on cell growth inhibition. Cancer Lett. 2008;261:172-82 pubmed
- Luft P, Oostingh G, Gruijthuijsen Y, Horejs Hoeck J, Lehmann I, Duschl A. Patulin influences the expression of Th1/Th2 cytokines by activated peripheral blood mononuclear cells and T cells through depletion of intracellular glutathione. Environ Toxicol. 2008;23:84-95 pubmed publisher..The depletion of intracellular glutathione may influence the balance between Th1 and Th2 cells and have implications for allergic diseases. ..
- Niwa S, Graf C, Bornancin F. Ceramide kinase deficiency impairs microendothelial cell angiogenesis in vitro. Microvasc Res. 2009;77:389-93 pubmed publisher..These observations collectively suggest that CerK-catalyzed formation of C1P may regulate angiogenesis by a novel mechanism that is independent of S1P formation and signaling. ..
- Mohr T, Desser L. Plant proteolytic enzyme papain abrogates angiogenic activation of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) in vitro. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:231 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that plant proteolytic enzymes may have potential as preventive and therapeutic agents against angiogenesis related human diseases. ..
- Tempfer H, Gehwolf R, Lehner C, Wagner A, Mtsariashvili M, Bauer H, et al. Effects of crystalline glucocorticoid triamcinolone acetonide on cultered human supraspinatus tendon cells. Acta Orthop. 2009;80:357-62 pubmed publisher..These results may indicate that the use of TAA is one reason for weaker mechanical tendon properties and for the high rate of re-rupture after supraspinatus tendon repair. ..
- Lehner B, Sandner B, Marschallinger J, Lehner C, Furtner T, Couillard Despres S, et al. The dark side of BrdU in neural stem cell biology: detrimental effects on cell cycle, differentiation and survival. Cell Tissue Res. 2011;345:313-28 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal so far uncharacterized effects of BrdU on adult NPCs. We conclude that, because of its ubiquitous use in stem cell biology, any potential effect of BrdU of NPCs has to be scrutinized prior to interpretation of data. ..
- Pollheimer J, Loregger T, Sonderegger S, Saleh L, Bauer S, Bilban M, et al. Activation of the canonical wingless/T-cell factor signaling pathway promotes invasive differentiation of human trophoblast. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:1134-47 pubmed..Thus, canonical Wnt signaling may promote invasive trophoblast differentiation, and exaggerated activation of the path-way could contribute to trophoblastic hyperplasia and local invasion. ..
- Schallmoser K, Bartmann C, Rohde E, Bork S, Guelly C, Obenauf A, et al. Replicative senescence-associated gene expression changes in mesenchymal stromal cells are similar under different culture conditions. Haematologica. 2010;95:867-74 pubmed publisher..In advance of therapeutic application, this panel of genes might offer a feasible approach to assessing mesenchymal stromal cell quality with regard to the state of replicative senescence. ..
- Gehrke H, Frühmesser A, Pelka J, Esselen M, Hecht L, Blank H, et al. In vitro toxicity of amorphous silica nanoparticles in human colon carcinoma cells. Nanotoxicology. 2013;7:274-93 pubmed publisher..Additionally, investigations regarding DNA integrity revealed no substantial (oxidative) DNA damage. ..
- Drach J, Seidl S, Kaufmann H. Treatment of mantle cell lymphoma: targeting the microenvironment. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2005;5:477-85 pubmed..Thus, with the use of novel therapeutic interventions, it is hoped that clinicians will be able to improve the outcome of patients with mantle cell lymphoma. ..
- Messner B, Knoflach M, Seubert A, Ritsch A, Pfaller K, Henderson B, et al. Cadmium is a novel and independent risk factor for early atherosclerosis mechanisms and in vivo relevance. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:1392-8 pubmed publisher..Our research suggests Cd has promoting effects on early human and murine atherosclerosis, which were partly offset by high Zn concentrations. ..
- Puhr M, Santer F, Neuwirt H, Marcias G, Hobisch A, Culig Z. SOCS-3 antagonises the proliferative and migratory effects of fibroblast growth factor-2 in prostate cancer by inhibition of p44/p42 MAPK signalling. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2010;17:525-38 pubmed publisher..On the basis of the present results, we propose that SOCS-3 is a novel modulator of FGF-2-regulated cellular events in prostate cancer. ..
- Taha H, Skrzypek K, Guevara I, Nigisch A, Mustafa S, Grochot Przeczek A, et al. Role of heme oxygenase-1 in human endothelial cells: lesson from the promoter allelic variants. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:1634-41 pubmed publisher..The (GT)n promoter polymorphism significantly modulates a cytoprotective, proangiogenic, and antiinflammatory function of HO-1 in human endothelium. ..
- Brustmann H. DNA fragmentation factor (DFF45): expression and prognostic value in serous ovarian cancer. Pathol Res Pract. 2006;202:713-20 pubmed..0187). Apoptotic bodies were consistently DFF45-negative. This study indicates that DFF45 expression is frequently upregulated in ovarian serous carcinomas and may serve as a marker of aggressive behavior with prognostic value. ..
- Schulenburg A, Cech P, Herbacek I, Marian B, Wrba F, Valent P, et al. CD44-positive colorectal adenoma cells express the potential stem cell markers musashi antigen (msi1) and ephrin B2 receptor (EphB2). J Pathol. 2007;213:152-60 pubmed..They also express markers typical of colorectal progenitor cells, msi1 and ephB2, in the premalignant progenitor population. ..
- Leitner J, Klauser C, Pickl W, Stockl J, Majdic O, Bardet A, et al. B7-H3 is a potent inhibitor of human T-cell activation: No evidence for B7-H3 and TREML2 interaction. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:1754-64 pubmed publisher..In these experiments we found no evidence for such an interaction. Furthermore, our data do not point to a role for murine TREML2 as a receptor for murine B7-H3. ..
- Stradner M, Hermann J, Angerer H, Setznagl D, Sunk I, Windhager R, et al. Spingosine-1-phosphate stimulates proliferation and counteracts interleukin-1 induced nitric oxide formation in articular chondrocytes. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2008;16:305-11 pubmed..These results suggest that S1P provides an anti-catabolic signal in articular chondrocytes. ..
- Cebrián Losantos B, Krokhin A, Stepanenko I, Eichinger R, Jakupec M, Arion V, et al. Osmium NAMI-A analogues: synthesis, structural and spectroscopic characterization, and antiproliferative properties. Inorg Chem. 2007;46:5023-33 pubmed..Structure-activity relationships and the potential of the prepared complexes for further development are discussed...
- Milunovic M, Enyedy E, Nagy N, Kiss T, Trondl R, Jakupec M, et al. L- and D-proline thiosemicarbazone conjugates: coordination behavior in solution and the effect of copper(II) coordination on their antiproliferative activity. Inorg Chem. 2012;51:9309-21 pubmed publisher..6 and 5.5 ?M for [Cu(L-Pro-STSC)Cl]Cl in CH1 and SW480 cells, respectively. ..
- Yotova I, Quan P, Leditznig N, Beer U, Wenzl R, Tschugguel W. Abnormal activation of Ras/Raf/MAPK and RhoA/ROCKII signalling pathways in eutopic endometrial stromal cells of patients with endometriosis. Hum Reprod. 2011;26:885-97 pubmed publisher..The differences in cell proliferation and migration between both cell types are likely due to increased activation of Ras/Raf/MAPK and RhoA/ROCKII signalling pathways in cells from endometriosis patients. ..
- Bachmayr Heyda A, Aust S, Heinze G, Polterauer S, Grimm C, Braicu E, et al. Prognostic impact of tumor infiltrating CD8+ T cells in association with cell proliferation in ovarian cancer patients--a study of the OVCAD consortium. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:422 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the association of high densities of tumor infiltrating cytotoxic T lymphocytes with a better overall survival was confirmed. ..
- Pucciarelli D, Lengger N, TakÃ¡ÄovÃ¡ M, Csaderova L, Bartosova M, Breiteneder H, et al. Hypoxia increases the heterogeneity of melanoma cell populations and affects the response to vemurafenib. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:3281-8 pubmed publisher..These data confirmed that vemurafenib may be successful in treating the proliferating cells, whereas the nonâ€‘proliferating subpopulation must be addressed by a combination of vemurafenib with other treatment strategies. ..
- Andavan G, Lemmens Gruber R. Cyclodepsipeptides from marine sponges: natural agents for drug research. Mar Drugs. 2010;8:810-34 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, the actin cytoskeleton remains a potential target for anti-cancer drug development. These features imply the use of cyclodepsipeptides as molecular models in drug research...
- Kirchberger S, Majdic O, Steinberger P, Bluml S, Pfistershammer K, Zlabinger G, et al. Human rhinoviruses inhibit the accessory function of dendritic cells by inducing sialoadhesin and B7-H1 expression. J Immunol. 2005;175:1145-52 pubmed..These observations suggest that an altered accessory molecule repertoire on DC upon interaction with HRV down-modulates adaptive immune responses during the viral infection. ..
- Colleselli D, Bijuklic K, Mosheimer B, Kähler C. Inhibition of cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 affects endothelial progenitor cell proliferation. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:2933-41 pubmed..These results indicate that upcoming therapy strategies in cancer patients targeting COX-2 may be effective in inhibiting tumour vasculogenesis as well as angiogenic processes. ..
- Zupkovitz G, Tischler J, Posch M, Sadzak I, Ramsauer K, Egger G, et al. Negative and positive regulation of gene expression by mouse histone deacetylase 1. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7913-28 pubmed..Our study reveals a regulatory cross talk between HDAC1 and HDAC2 and a novel function for HDAC1 as a transcriptional coactivator. ..
- Bellezza I, Neuwirt H, Nemes C, Cavarretta I, Puhr M, Steiner H, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling-3 antagonizes cAMP effects on proliferation and apoptosis and is expressed in human prostate cancer. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:2199-208 pubmed..Collectively, our results show that SOCS-3 antagonizes regulation of cellular events by cAMP and is expressed in human prostate cancer. ..
- Dubrac S, Stoitzner P, Pirkebner D, Elentner A, Schoonjans K, Auwerx J, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha activation inhibits Langerhans cell function. J Immunol. 2007;178:4362-72 pubmed..In conclusion, PPARalpha activation by endogenous ligands may provide a molecular signal that allows LC to remain in an immature state within the epidermis for extended periods of time despite minor environmental stimuli. ..
- Artwohl M, Muth K, Kosulin K, de Martin R, Holzenbein T, Rainer G, et al. R-(+)-alpha-lipoic acid inhibits endothelial cell apoptosis and proliferation: involvement of Akt and retinoblastoma protein/E2F-1. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007;293:E681-9 pubmed..LA's ability to inhibit apoptosis and proliferation of ECs could beneficially affect endothelial dysfunction, which precedes manifestation of late diabetic vascular complications. ..
- Reisinger U, Schwaiger S, Zeller I, Messner B, Stigler R, Wiedemann D, et al. Leoligin, the major lignan from Edelweiss, inhibits intimal hyperplasia of venous bypass grafts. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;82:542-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that leoligin might represent a novel non-toxic, non-thrombogenic, endothelial integrity preserving candidate drug for the treatment of vein graft disease. ..
- Büchel G, Stepanenko I, Hejl M, Jakupec M, Arion V, Keppler B. [Os(IV)Cl(5)(Hazole)](-) complexes: synthesis, structure, spectroscopic properties, and antiproliferative activity. Inorg Chem. 2009;48:10737-47 pubmed publisher..Replacement of azolium cations by sodium had significant effects; cytotoxicity increased in the case of the pyrazole system from 3 (A549) to the 5.5-fold (CH1)...
- Seyerl M, Kirchberger S, Majdic O, Seipelt J, Jindra C, Schrauf C, et al. Human rhinoviruses induce IL-35-producing Treg via induction of B7-H1 (CD274) and sialoadhesin (CD169) on DC. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:321-9 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a novel pathway and its components for the induction of immune-inhibitory T cells. ..
- Schwaiberger A, Heiss E, Cabaravdic M, Oberan T, Zaujec J, Schachner D, et al. Indirubin-3'-monoxime blocks vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation by inhibition of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 signaling and reduces neointima formation in vivo. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:2475-81 pubmed publisher
- Wittinger M, Vanhara P, El Gazzar A, Savarese Brenner B, Pils D, Anees M, et al. hVps37A Status affects prognosis and cetuximab sensitivity in ovarian cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:7816-27 pubmed publisher..We propose that hVps37A status could become a novel prognostic and therapeutic marker for EGFR or HER2 driven tumors. ..
- Amin A, Bilic I, Berger E, Hess M. Trichomonas gallinae, in comparison to Tetratrichomonas gallinarum, induces distinctive cytopathogenic effects in tissue cultures. Vet Parasitol. 2012;186:196-206 pubmed publisher..gallinarum filtrates was less severe than that recorded by T. gallinae. Consequently, for the first time a destruction of specified monolayers induced by T. gallinae-free filtrates could be demonstrated...
- Giessrigl B, Yazici G, Teichmann M, Kopf S, Ghassemi S, Atanasov A, et al. Effects of Scrophularia extracts on tumor cell proliferation, death and intravasation through lymphoendothelial cell barriers. Int J Oncol. 2012;40:2063-74 pubmed publisher..S. lucida exhibited promising anti-neoplastic effects and this was most likely due to the down-regulation of various cell cycle regulators, proto-oncogenes and NF-?B and the activation of caspase-3...
- Prutsch N, Fock V, Haslinger P, Haider S, Fiala C, Pollheimer J, et al. The role of interleukin-1? in human trophoblast motility. Placenta. 2012;33:696-703 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data suggest that IL-1? directly promotes trophoblast motility of first trimester EVT involving the uPA/PAI system. ..
- Giessrigl B, Krieger S, Rosner M, Huttary N, Saiko P, Alami M, et al. Hsp90 stabilizes Cdc25A and counteracts heat shock-mediated Cdc25A degradation and cell-cycle attenuation in pancreatic carcinoma cells. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:4615-27 pubmed publisher..Our data show that targeting Hsp90 reduced the resistance of pancreas carcinoma cells to treatment with GEM. ..
- Stulnig G, Frisch M, Crnkovic S, Stiegler P, Sereinigg M, Stacher E, et al. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)-induced heme oxygenase-1 attenuates cytotoxic effects of DHA in vascular smooth muscle cells. Atherosclerosis. 2013;230:406-13 pubmed publisher..HO-1 silencing did not affect proliferation of hPASMC exposed to DHA. Our results indicate that DHA-induced, ROS-dependent upregulation of HO-1 attenuates oxidative stress, UPR and apoptosis in DHA-treated hPASMC. ..
- Dorner D, Vlcek S, Foeger N, Gajewski A, Makolm C, Gotzmann J, et al. Lamina-associated polypeptide 2alpha regulates cell cycle progression and differentiation via the retinoblastoma-E2F pathway. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:83-93 pubmed..The effects of LAP2alpha on cell cycle progression and differentiation may be highly relevant for the cell- and tissue-specific phenotypes observed in laminopathic diseases...
- Fritsch Stork R, Müllegger D, Skriner K, Jahn Schmid B, Smolen J, Steiner G. The spliceosomal autoantigen heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2 (hnRNP-A2) is a major T cell autoantigen in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R118 pubmed..Taken together, the pronounced peripheral T cell reactivity to hnRNP-A2 observed in the majority of SLE patients and the distinct phenotype of patient-derived CD8+ TCCs suggest a role for these T cells in the pathogenesis of SLE. ..
- Winkler C, Frick B, Schroecksnadel K, Schennach H, Fuchs D. Food preservatives sodium sulfite and sorbic acid suppress mitogen-stimulated peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2006;44:2003-7 pubmed..01 at 1 mM sodium sulfite and 50 mM sorbic acid). Data demonstrate a suppressive influence of sodium sulfite and sorbic acid on the activated Th1-type immune response. ..
- Taschner S, Koesters C, Platzer B, Jörgl A, Ellmeier W, Benesch T, et al. Down-regulation of RXRalpha expression is essential for neutrophil development from granulocyte/monocyte progenitors. Blood. 2007;109:971-9 pubmed..Therefore, our data suggest that RXRalpha down-regulation is a critical requirement for the generation of neutrophil granulocytes. ..
- De Mulder K, Kuales G, Pfister D, Egger B, Seppi T, Eichberger P, et al. Potential of Macrostomum lignano to recover from gamma-ray irradiation. Cell Tissue Res. 2010;339:527-42 pubmed publisher..lignano represents a suitable model system for elucidating the effect of irradiation on the stem cell system in flatworms and for improving our understanding of the recovery potential of severely damaged stem-cell systems...
- Micutkova L, Diener T, Li C, Rogowska Wrzesinska A, Mueck C, Huetter E, et al. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-6 delays replicative senescence of human fibroblasts. Mech Ageing Dev. 2011;132:468-79 pubmed publisher..Since IGFBP-6 overexpression increased cellular lifespan, the data suggest that IGFBP-6, in contrast to other IGF binding proteins, is a negative regulator of cellular senescence in human fibroblasts. ..
- Meinhardt G, Haider S, Haslinger P, Proestling K, Fiala C, Pollheimer J, et al. Wnt-dependent T-cell factor-4 controls human etravillous trophoblast motility. Endocrinology. 2014;155:1908-20 pubmed publisher..In summary, the data suggest that Wnt/TCF-4-dependent signaling could play a role in EVT differentiation promoting motility and expression of promigratory genes. ..
- Babinsky V, Hannan F, Ramracheya R, Zhang Q, Nesbit M, Hugill A, et al. Mutant Mice With Calcium-Sensing Receptor Activation Have Hyperglycemia That Is Rectified by Calcilytic Therapy. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2486-2502 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings highlight a potential application of targeted CaSR compounds for modulating glucose metabolism. ..
- Gleixner K, Mayerhofer M, Aichberger K, Derdak S, Sonneck K, Bohm A, et al. PKC412 inhibits in vitro growth of neoplastic human mast cells expressing the D816V-mutated variant of KIT: comparison with AMN107, imatinib, and cladribine (2CdA) and evaluation of cooperative drug effects. Blood. 2006;107:752-9 pubmed..Together, PKC412 and AMN107 represent promising novel agents for targeted therapy of SM...
- Voglauer R, Chang M, Dampier B, Wieser M, Baumann K, Sterovsky T, et al. SNEV overexpression extends the life span of human endothelial cells. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:746-59 pubmed..These data suggest that high levels of SNEV might extend the cellular life span by increasing the resistance to stress or by improving the DNA repair capacity of the cells. ..
- Shim K, Rosner M, Freilinger A, Lubec G, Hengstschlager M. Bach2 is involved in neuronal differentiation of N1E-115 neuroblastoma cells. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:2264-78 pubmed..It would have negative effects on proliferation and differentiation of these cells. In differentiated neuronal cells Bach2 expression is upregulated, which could allow Bach2 to function as a gatekeeper of the differentiated status. ..
- Pfeifhofer C, Gruber T, Letschka T, Thuille N, Lutz Nicoladoni C, Hermann Kleiter N, et al. Defective IgG2a/2b class switching in PKC alpha-/- mice. J Immunol. 2006;176:6004-11 pubmed..Our genetic data, thus, define PKCalpha as the physiological and nonredundant PKC isotype in signaling pathways that are necessary for T cell-dependent IFN-gamma production and IgG2a/2b Ab responses. ..
- Blaimauer K, Watzinger E, Erovic B, Martinek H, Jagersberger T, Thurnher D. Effects of epidermal growth factor and keratinocyte growth factor on the growth of oropharyngeal keratinocytes in coculture with autologous fibroblasts in a three-dimensional matrix. Cells Tissues Organs. 2006;182:98-105 pubmed..The use of Matrigel as a scaffold for three-dimensional cocultures of oropharyngeal keratinocytes and fibroblasts might signify a step forward in the development of a transplantable mucosa construct. ..
- Kovacic B, Stoiber D, Moriggl R, Weisz E, Ott R, Kreibich R, et al. STAT1 acts as a tumor promoter for leukemia development. Cancer Cell. 2006;10:77-87 pubmed..Furthermore, we describe the upregulation of MHC class I expression as a general mechanism that allows for the escape of hematopoietic malignancies from immune surveillance. ..
- Kasper M, Schnidar H, Neill G, Hanneder M, Klingler S, Blaas L, et al. Selective modulation of Hedgehog/GLI target gene expression by epidermal growth factor signaling in human keratinocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6283-98 pubmed..The results suggest that EGFR signaling modulates GLI target gene profiles which may play an important regulatory role in ORS specification, hair growth, and possibly cancer. ..
- Fruhwirth G, Moumtzi A, Loidl A, Ingolic E, Hermetter A. The oxidized phospholipids POVPC and PGPC inhibit growth and induce apoptosis in vascular smooth muscle cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1761:1060-9 pubmed..Thus, the direct and indirect effects of POVPC and PGPC on cell viability may account for the detrimental actions of oxLDL on VSMC...
- Fortschegger K, Wagner B, Voglauer R, Katinger H, Sibilia M, Grillari J. Early embryonic lethality of mice lacking the essential protein SNEV. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:3123-30 pubmed..Our experiments demonstrate that the SNEV protein is essential, functionally nonredundant, and indispensable for mouse development. ..
- Cronin S, Nehme N, Limmer S, Liegeois S, Pospisilik J, Schramek D, et al. Genome-wide RNAi screen identifies genes involved in intestinal pathogenic bacterial infection. Science. 2009;325:340-3 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we revealed multiple genes involved in antibacterial defense and the regulation of innate immunity...
- Zenzmaier C, Sampson N, Pernkopf D, Plas E, Untergasser G, Berger P. Attenuated proliferation and trans-differentiation of prostatic stromal cells indicate suitability of phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors for prevention and treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Endocrinology. 2010;151:3975-84 pubmed publisher..We conclude that BPH patients might benefit from adjuvant therapies with PDE5 inhibitors that inhibit stromal enlargement due to cell proliferation, as well as TGFbeta1-induced trans-differentiation processes. ..
- Peter B, Gleixner K, Cerny Reiterer S, Herrmann H, Winter V, Hadzijusufovic E, et al. Polo-like kinase-1 as a novel target in neoplastic mast cells: demonstration of growth-inhibitory effects of small interfering RNA and the Polo-like kinase-1 targeting drug BI 2536. Haematologica. 2011;96:672-80 pubmed publisher..Polo-like kinase-1 is a serine/threonine kinase that plays an essential role in mitosis and has recently been introduced as a new target in myeloid leukemias and solid tumors...
- Biadasiewicz K, Sonderegger S, Haslinger P, Haider S, Saleh L, Fiala C, et al. Transcription factor AP-2? promotes EGF-dependent invasion of human trophoblast. Endocrinology. 2011;152:1458-69 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we show that AP-2? expression positively affects human trophoblast invasion under EGF-stimulated conditions, likely by inducing critical invasion-promoting genes such MMP-2, urokinase plasminogen activator, and CG. ..
- Windischhofer W, Huber E, Rossmann C, Semlitsch M, Kitz K, Rauh A, et al. LPA-induced suppression of periostin in human osteosarcoma cells is mediated by the LPA(1)/Egr-1 axis. Biochimie. 2012;94:1997-2005 pubmed publisher..Silencing of LPA(1) and/or Egr-1 in MG-63 cells reversed LPA-mediated suppression of periostin. We here demonstrate a crosslink between Egr-1 and periostin in cancer cells, in particular in human osteosarcoma. ..
- Holinka J, Pilz M, Kubista B, Presterl E, Windhager R. Effects of selenium coating of orthopaedic implant surfaces on bacterial adherence and osteoblastic cell growth. Bone Joint J. 2013;95-B:678-82 pubmed publisher..5% (p = 0.0099) and 0.2% (p = 0.002) selenium solution. There was no inhibitory effect of the selenium coating on the osteoblastic cell growth. Selenium coating is a promising method to reduce bacterial attachment on prosthetic material. ..
- Büchel G, Gavriluta A, Novak M, Meier S, Jakupec M, Cuzan O, et al. Striking difference in antiproliferative activity of ruthenium- and osmium-nitrosyl complexes with azole heterocycles. Inorg Chem. 2013;52:6273-85 pubmed publisher..The interaction with myoglobin suggests nonselective adduct formation; i.e., proteins may act as carriers for these compounds...
- Karreth F, Hoebertz A, Scheuch H, Eferl R, Wagner E. The AP1 transcription factor Fra2 is required for efficient cartilage development. Development. 2004;131:5717-25 pubmed..In addition, these mice suffer from a kyphosis-like phenotype, an abnormal bending of the spine. Hence, Fra2 is a novel transcription factor important for skeletogenesis by affecting chondrocyte differentiation. ..
- Jones D, Nakashima T, Sanchez O, Kozieradzki I, Komarova S, Sarosi I, et al. Regulation of cancer cell migration and bone metastasis by RANKL. Nature. 2006;440:692-6 pubmed..Our data show that local differentiation factors such as RANKL have an important role in cell migration and the tissue-specific metastatic behaviour of cancer cells. ..
- Teis D, Taub N, Kurzbauer R, Hilber D, de Araujo M, Erlacher M, et al. p14-MP1-MEK1 signaling regulates endosomal traffic and cellular proliferation during tissue homeostasis. J Cell Biol. 2006;175:861-8 pubmed
- Burg K, Helmersson A, Bozhkov P, von Arnold S. Developmental and genetic variation in nuclear microsatellite stability during somatic embryogenesis in pine. J Exp Bot. 2007;58:687-98 pubmed..The relatively high mutation rates found for some families might reflect the plasticity of the families to adapt to stress, which is important for widely distributed species such as Pinus sylvestris...
- Brustmann H. Poly(adenosine diphosphate-ribose) polymerase expression in serous ovarian carcinoma: correlation with p53, MIB-1, and outcome. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2007;26:147-53 pubmed..0196, log-rank test). This study indicates that PARP expression is frequently upregulated in ovarian serous carcinomas, related with MIB-1 LIs and p53 expression, and may serve as a marker of aggressive behavior with prognostic value. ..
- Natarajan A, Wagner B, Sibilia M. The EGF receptor is required for efficient liver regeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:17081-6 pubmed..Our studies demonstrate that EGFR is a critical regulator of hepatocyte proliferation in the initial phases of liver regeneration. ..
- Meraner J, Lechner M, Schwarze F, Gander R, Jesacher F, Loidl P. Cell cycle dependent role of HDAC1 for proliferation control through modulating ribosomal DNA transcription. Cell Biol Int. 2008;32:1073-80 pubmed publisher..These observations were most likely a consequence of HDAC1-mediated deacetylation of upstream binding factor (UBF). ..
- Walcher P, Cui X, Arrow J, Scobie S, Molinia F, Cowan P, et al. Bacterial ghosts as a delivery system for zona pellucida-2 fertility control vaccines for brushtail possums (Trichosurus vulpecula). Vaccine. 2008;26:6832-8 pubmed publisher..Results in this study indicate that bacterial ghosts containing possum ZP antigens can reduce possum fertility when delivered by mucosal immunisation and offer a promising delivery system for fertility control of wild possum populations...