Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell proliferation in Argentina
Topic: cell proliferation
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- Gagliardi J, Maciel N, Castellano J, Masoli O, Miksztowicz V, Berg G, et al. Relationship between endothelial progenitor cells and vascular endothelial growth factor and its variation with exercise. Thromb Res. 2016;137:92-96 pubmed publisher..The increase of VEGF at 1-month, with respect to baseline values correlated with decreased levels of EPC. This association was independent of the onset of ischemia in the perfusion study. ..
- Silva I, Geller F, Persich L, Dudek S, Lang K, Caro M, et al. Cytotoxic effects of natural and semisynthetic cucurbitacins on lung cancer cell line A549. Invest New Drugs. 2016;34:139-48 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that two natural (DDCB and CB) and two novel semisynthetic derivatives of cucurbitacin B (ACB and DBCB) could be considered as promising compounds with antitumor potential. ..
- Gentilini M, PÃ©rez M, FernÃ¡ndez P, Fainboim L, Arana E. The tumor antigen N-glycolyl-GM3 is a human CD1d ligand capable of mediating B cell and natural killer T cell interaction. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2016;65:551-62 pubmed publisher..We postulate that CD1d-restricted Bc presentation of NGcGM3 drives effective iNKT activation, an immunological mechanism that has not been previously described for humans, which may contribute to understanding aNGcGM3 occurrence. ..
- Gastón R, María Eugenia P, Das U, Eynard A. Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Differentially Modulate Cell Proliferation and Endocannabinoid System in Two Human Cancer Lines. Arch Med Res. 2017;48:46-54 pubmed publisher..The growth of tumor cells can be differentially modulated by fatty acids and, at least in part, can be attributed to their ability to act on the components of the endocannabinoid system. ..
- Cristina C, Diaz Torga G, Baldi A, Gongora A, Rubinstein M, Low M, et al. Increased pituitary vascular endothelial growth factor-a in dopaminergic D2 receptor knockout female mice. Endocrinology. 2005;146:2952-62 pubmed
- Magariños M, Sanchez Margalet V, Kotler M, Calvo J, Varone C. Leptin promotes cell proliferation and survival of trophoblastic cells. Biol Reprod. 2007;76:203-10 pubmed..In conclusion, we provide evidence that suggests that leptin is a trophic and mitogenic factor for trophoblastic cells by virtue of its inhibiting apoptosis and promoting proliferation. ..
- Pietranera L, Saravia F, Roig P, Lima A, De Nicola A. Protective effects of estradiol in the brain of rats with genetic or mineralocorticoid-induced hypertension. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2008;33:270-81 pubmed publisher..The estradiol protective effects may be of pharmacological interest to attenuate the consequences of hypertensive encephalopathy. ..
- Correale J, Villa A. Isolation and characterization of CD8+ regulatory T cells in multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. 2008;195:121-34 pubmed publisher..Moreover, IL-15 and IFN-gamma significantly increased CD94 and NKG2A expression. These data provide evidence that CD94/NKG2A receptors play an important role in regulating T cell activity during the course of MS. ..
- Abrahan C, Insua M, Politi L, German O, Rotstein N. Oxidative stress promotes proliferation and dedifferentiation of retina glial cells in vitro. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:964-77 pubmed publisher..Glial cells might not only preserve neuronal survival but also activate their cell cycle in order to provide a pool of new progenitor cells that might eventually be manipulated to preserve retinal functionality. ..
- Eöry M, Zanuzzi C, Fuentealba N, Sguazza G, Gimeno E, Galosi C, et al. Effects of different anesthetics in the murine model of EHV-1 infection. Vet Pathol. 2013;50:849-56 pubmed publisher..It has been emphasized that anesthetics alone or their interactions with EHV-1 modify the response against the infection. An appropriate selection of the anesthetic during experimental studies is relevant to minimize wrong conclusions. ..
- Cian R, López Posadas R, Drago S, Sanchez de Medina F, Martinez Augustin O. A Porphyra columbina hydrolysate upregulates IL-10 production in rat macrophages and lymphocytes through an NF-?B, and p38 and JNK dependent mechanism. Food Chem. 2012;134:1982-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PcRH has immunomodulatory effects on macrophages and lymphocytes, activating NF-?B and MAPK dependent pathways, and predominantly inducing IL-10 production...
- Perullini M, Rivero M, Jobbágy M, Mentaberry A, Bilmes S. Plant cell proliferation inside an inorganic host. J Biotechnol. 2007;127:542-8 pubmed..The resulting hybrid device had good mechanical stability and proved to be an effective barrier against biological contamination, suggesting that it could be employed for long-term plant cell entrapment applications. ..
- Gonzalez C, Gonzalez B, Rulli S, Dos Santos M, Mattos Jardim Costa G, Franca L, et al. TGF-beta1 system in Leydig cells. Part II: TGF-beta1 and progesterone, through Smad1/5, are involved in the hyperplasia/hypertrophy of Leydig cells. J Reprod Dev. 2010;56:400-4 pubmed..Thus, it turned out that the administration of progesterone and TGF-beta1 augmented the volume of Leydig cells. These results indicate a clear effect of TGF-beta1 in the hypertrophy/hyperplasia of Leydig cells...
- Marino J, García Vior M, Dicelio L, Roguin L, Awruch J. Photodynamic effects of isosteric water-soluble phthalocyanines on human nasopharynx KB carcinoma cells. Eur J Med Chem. 2010;45:4129-39 pubmed publisher..After photodynamic treatment, compound 13 induced an apoptotic response--as indicated by morphological cell changes--an increase in the activity of caspase-3 and the cleavage of poly-ADP-ribose-polymerase substrate (PARP). ..
- Scotti L, Irusta G, Abramovich D, Tesone M, Parborell F. Administration of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist affects corpus luteum vascular stability and development and induces luteal apoptosis in a rat model of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;335:116-25 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results suggest that the downregulation of ANGPT-1 and its receptor is a possible mechanism whereby GnRH-I agonists could prevent early OHSS. ..
- Antico Arciuch V, Elguero M, Poderoso J, Carreras M. Mitochondrial regulation of cell cycle and proliferation. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2012;16:1150-80 pubmed publisher..Finally, we analyze the dynamics of the mitochondrial population in cell cycle and apoptosis. ..
- Polo M, de Bravo M. Effect of geraniol on fatty-acid and mevalonate metabolism in the human hepatoma cell line Hep G2. Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;84:102-11 pubmed..Although mevalonate depletion is not responsible for cellular growth, it affects cholesterogenesis, protein prenylation, and fatty-acid metabolism. ..
- Graciarena M, Depino A, Pitossi F. Prenatal inflammation impairs adult neurogenesis and memory related behavior through persistent hippocampal TGF?1 downregulation. Brain Behav Immun. 2010;24:1301-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the expression of a single cytokine (TGF?(1)) in the hippocampus can restore adult neurogenesis and its related behavior, highlighting the role of TGF?(1) in these processes. ..
- Ricci A, Olivares C, Bilotas M, Bastón J, Singla J, Meresman G, et al. Natural therapies assessment for the treatment of endometriosis. Hum Reprod. 2013;28:178-88 pubmed publisher..This study was supported by ANPCYT (PICT 6384 BID 1201 OC-AR) and CONICET (PIP 5471), Argentina. None of the authors has any conflict of interest to declare. ..
- de Campos Nebel M, Larripa I, Gonzalez Cid M. Non-homologous end joining is the responsible pathway for the repair of fludarabine-induced DNA double strand breaks in mammalian cells. Mutat Res. 2008;646:8-16 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest a major role for NHEJ repair in the preservation of genome integrity against FLU-induced DSB in mammalian cells. ..
- Barni M, Carlini M, Cafferata E, Puricelli L, Moreno S. Carnosic acid inhibits the proliferation and migration capacity of human colorectal cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:1041-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, CA modulates different targets involved in the development of CRC. These findings indicate that carnosic acid may have anticancer activity and may be useful as a novel chemotherapeutic agent. ..
- Abramovich D, Irusta G, Parborell F, Tesone M. Intrabursal injection of vascular endothelial growth factor trap in eCG-treated prepubertal rats inhibits proliferation and increases apoptosis of follicular cells involving the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. Fertil Steril. 2010;93:1369-77 pubmed publisher..The PI3K/AKT signaling pathway is one of the pathways involved in this mechanism. Therefore, VEGFA has a role as an antiapoptotic and proliferative factor in follicular cells from the rat ovary. ..
- Borenstein X, Fiszman G, Blidner A, Vanzulli S, Jasnis M. Functional changes in murine mammary cancer cells elicited by CoCl2-induced hypoxia. Nitric Oxide. 2010;23:234-41 pubmed publisher..Our results show stabilization of HIF-1alpha in LMM3 cells under CoCl(2) and functional changes associated with enhanced cell survival and growth but not with tumor dissemination...
- Casas A, Di Venosa G, Hasan T, Al Batlle -. Mechanisms of resistance to photodynamic therapy. Curr Med Chem. 2011;18:2486-515 pubmed..In this review we will classify the different features observed in PDT resistance, leading to a comparison with the mechanisms most commonly found in chemo resistant cells. ..
- Aromando R, Perez M, Heber E, Trivillin V, Tomasi V, Schwint A, et al. Potential role of mast cells in hamster cheek pouch carcinogenesis. Oral Oncol. 2008;44:1080-7 pubmed publisher..036). We conclude that mast cell activation in this model is associated to the increase in tumor cell proliferation, conceivably mediated by the release of tryptase. ..
- Bilotas M, Meresman G, Stella I, Sueldo C, Barañao R. Effect of aromatase inhibitors on ectopic endometrial growth and peritoneal environment in a mouse model of endometriosis. Fertil Steril. 2010;93:2513-8 pubmed publisher..Anastrozole diminished VEGF content but did not cause any significant change in PGE levels. These findings support the further investigation of aromatase inhibition as a treatment option for endometriosis. ..
- Robaldo L, Izzo F, Dellafiore M, Proietti C, Elizalde P, Montserrat J, et al. Influence of conformationally restricted pyrimidines on the activity of 10-23 DNAzymes. Bioorg Med Chem. 2012;20:2581-6 pubmed publisher..Finally, the modified 2'-C-methyl DNAzyme activity was tested assessing the inhibition of Stat3 expression and the decrease in cell proliferation using the human breast cancer cell line T47D. ..
- Cormick M, Alvarez M, Rovera M, Durantini E. Photodynamic inactivation of Candida albicans sensitized by tri- and tetra-cationic porphyrin derivatives. Eur J Med Chem. 2009;44:1592-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these results indicate that these cationic porphyrins are interesting sensitizers for photodynamic inactivation of yeasts in liquid suspensions or in localized foci of infection. ..
- Ditamo Y, Rupil L, Sendra V, Nores G, Roth G, Irazoqui F. In vivo immunomodulatory effect of the lectin from edible mushroom Agaricus bisporus. Food Funct. 2016;7:262-9 pubmed publisher..We can conclude that ABL has an in vivo immunomodulatory effect reducing the innate and adaptive responses. This food lectin shows potential therapeutic application on control of inflammatory autoimmune pathologies. ..
- Capiati D, Rossi A, Picotto G, Benassati S, Boland R. Inhibition of serum-stimulated mitogen activated protein kinase by 1alpha,25(OH)2-vitamin D3 in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. J Cell Biochem. 2004;93:384-97 pubmed..These data altogether suggest that 1alpha,25(OH)2D3 inhibits the MAPK cascade by inactivating Src tyrosine kinase through a mechanism mediated by the VDR and tyrosine phosphatases. ..
- Olivares C, Bilotas M, Buquet R, Borghi M, Sueldo C, Tesone M, et al. Effects of a selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor on endometrial epithelial cells from patients with endometriosis. Hum Reprod. 2008;23:2701-8 pubmed publisher..This study suggests a direct effect of celecoxib on reduction of endometrial growth and supports further research on selective COX-2 inhibition as a novel therapeutic modality in endometriosis. ..
- Assis M, Hansen C, Lux Lantos V, Cancela L. Sensitization to amphetamine occurs simultaneously at immune level and in met-enkephalin of the nucleus accumbens and spleen: an involved NMDA glutamatergic mechanism. Brain Behav Immun. 2009;23:464-73 pubmed publisher..A glutamate mechanism is implied in the long-term amphetamine-induced effects at immune level and in the met-enkephalin from NAc and spleen. ..
- Pandolfi J, Baz P, Fernandez P, Discianni Lupi A, Payaslián F, Billordo L, et al. Regulatory and effector T-cells are differentially modulated by Dexamethasone. Clin Immunol. 2013;149:400-10 pubmed publisher..Because Dex did not affect the suppressor capacity of aTregs either, our results support the notion that under Dex treatment, the regulatory T-cell compartment maintains its homeostasis. ..
- Correale J, Farez M. Monocyte-derived dendritic cells in multiple sclerosis: the effect of bacterial infection. J Neuroimmunol. 2007;190:177-89 pubmed
- Frick L, Arcos M, Rapanelli M, Zappia M, Brocco M, Mongini C, et al. Chronic restraint stress impairs T-cell immunity and promotes tumor progression in mice. Stress. 2009;12:134-43 pubmed publisher..The T-cell immunity impairment as well as the tumor progression enhancement emphasize the importance of the therapeutic management of stress to improve the prognosis of cancer patients. ..
- Beauquis J, Roig P, De Nicola A, Saravia F. Short-term environmental enrichment enhances adult neurogenesis, vascular network and dendritic complexity in the hippocampus of type 1 diabetic mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13993 pubmed publisher..The environmental complexity seems to constitute a strong stimulator competent to rescue the diabetic brain from neurodegenerative progression. ..
- Del Giudice M, Ugalde J, Czibener C. A lysozyme-like protein in Brucella abortus is involved in the early stages of intracellular replication. Infect Immun. 2013;81:956-64 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the assembly status and functionality of the VirB secretion apparatus indicated that the mutant has affected the proper function of this central virulence factor. ..
- Guazzone V, Hollwegs S, Mardirosian M, Jacobo P, Hackstein H, Wygrecka M, et al. Characterization of dendritic cells in testicular draining lymph nodes in a rat model of experimental autoimmune orchitis. Int J Androl. 2011;34:276-89 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data suggest that the DC in TLN from orchitis rats are mature, present antigens to T cells and stimulate an autoimmune response against testicular antigens, thus causing immunological infertility. ..
- Barreiro Arcos M, Sterle H, Vercelli C, Valli E, Cayrol M, Klecha A, et al. Induction of apoptosis in T lymphoma cells by long-term treatment with thyroxine involves PKC? nitration by nitric oxide synthase. Apoptosis. 2013;18:1376-1390 pubmed publisher..These species induce the nitration of proteins involved in cell viability, promoting proteasome degradation. Furthermore, we discuss the impact of these results on the modulation of T lymphoma growth and the thyroid status in vivo...
- Berardi D, Flumian C, Rodríguez C, Bessone M, Cirigliano S, JoffÃ© E, et al. PKCÎ´ Inhibition Impairs Mammary Cancer Proliferative Capacity But Selects Cancer Stem Cells, Involving Autophagy. J Cell Biochem. 2016;117:730-40 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrated that PKCÎ´ activity exerts a dual role through the autophagy mechanism, decreasing proliferative capacity of mammary tumor cells but also regulating tumor stem cell self-renewal. ..
- Trucco L, Roselli E, Araya P, Núñez N, Mena H, Bocco J, et al. Downregulation of adaptor protein MyD88 compromises the angiogenic potential of B16 murine melanoma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179897 pubmed publisher..Our results imply that cell-autonomous signaling through MyD88 is required to sustain tumor growth and underscore its function as an important positive modulator of tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Palmer C, Duette G, Wagner M, Henstridge D, Saleh S, Pereira C, et al. Metabolically active CD4+ T cells expressing Glut1 and OX40 preferentially harbor HIV during inÂ vitro infection. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:3319-3332 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, infection of CD4+ T cells is limited by p110Î³ PI3K inhibition. Modulating glucose metabolism may limit cellular activation and prevent residual HIV replication in 'virologically suppressed' cART-treated HIV+ persons. ..
- Biron V, Iglesias M, Troncoso M, Besio Moreno M, Patrignani Z, Pignataro O, et al. Galectin-1: biphasic growth regulation of Leydig tumor cells. Glycobiology. 2006;16:810-21 pubmed..This study provides strong evidence that Gal-1 is a novel biphasic regulator of Leydig tumor cell number, suggesting a novel role for Gal-1 in the reproductive physiopathology...
- de la Torre E, Genaro A, Ribeiro M, Pagotto R, Pignataro O, Sales M. Proliferative actions of muscarinic receptors expressed in macrophages derived from normal and tumor bearing mice. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1782:82-9 pubmed..In NMps, carbachol stimulates M(2) receptors function, triggering protein kinase C activity and induces moderate prostaglandin E(2) liberation via M(1) receptor. ..
- Proietti C, Rosemblit C, Beguelin W, Rivas M, Díaz Flaqué M, Charreau E, et al. Activation of Stat3 by heregulin/ErbB-2 through the co-option of progesterone receptor signaling drives breast cancer growth. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:1249-65 pubmed publisher..Our findings unravel a novel potential therapeutic intervention in PR- and ErbB-2-positive breast tumors, involving the specific blockage of PR signaling activity. ..
- Bruzzo J, Chiarella P, Meiss R, Ruggiero R. Biphasic effect of a primary tumor on the growth of secondary tumor implants. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2010;136:1605-15 pubmed publisher..In this study, we explored the possibility that the hormesis concept may describe the interactions between two tumors implanted in a single mouse, such that the resulting tumors are of different sizes...
- Calcaterra N, Armas P, Weiner A, Borgognone M. CNBP: a multifunctional nucleic acid chaperone involved in cell death and proliferation control. IUBMB Life. 2010;62:707-14 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the involvement of CNBP in vertebrate craniofacial development and human DM2 and sIBM diseases, as well as on the biochemical and structural features of CNBP and its cellular and molecular mechanism of action. ..
- Tkach M, Rosemblit C, Rivas M, Proietti C, Díaz Flaqué M, Mercogliano M, et al. p42/p44 MAPK-mediated Stat3Ser727 phosphorylation is required for progestin-induced full activation of Stat3 and breast cancer growth. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2013;20:197-212 pubmed publisher..These data highlight Stat3 phosphorylation in Ser727 residue as a nongenomic action by progestins, necessary to promote breast cancer growth. ..
- Bruzzone A, Piñero C, Castillo L, Sarappa M, Rojas P, Lanari C, et al. Alpha2-adrenoceptor action on cell proliferation and mammary tumour growth in mice. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;155:494-504 pubmed publisher..Alpha(2)-adrenoceptor agonists enhanced tumour growth and rauwolscine behaved in vivo as a reverse agonist, suggesting that it may be tested for adjuvant treatment. ..
- Gonzalez Pardo V, Martin D, Gutkind J, Verstuyf A, Bouillon R, de Boland A, et al. 1 Alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and its TX527 analog inhibit the growth of endothelial cells transformed by Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpes virus G protein-coupled receptor in vitro and in vivo. Endocrinology. 2010;151:23-31 pubmed publisher
- Beauquis J, Homo Delarche F, Giroix M, Ehses J, Coulaud J, Roig P, et al. Hippocampal neurovascular and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis alterations in spontaneously type 2 diabetic GK rats. Exp Neurol. 2010;222:125-34 pubmed publisher..However, endothelial alteration induced by chronic hyperglycemia, hyperleptinemia and insulin resistance and associated with deleterious glucocorticoid effects might impair effective neurogenesis in diabetic Goto-Kakizaki rats. ..
- Campodónico P, de Kier Joffé E, Urtreger A, Lauria L, Lastiri J, Puricelli L, et al. The neural cell adhesion molecule is involved in the metastatic capacity in a murine model of lung cancer. Mol Carcinog. 2010;49:386-97 pubmed publisher..NCAM may be able to modulate mechanisms involved in lung carcinoma progression and represents an attractive target to control metastatic progression. ..
- Sülsen V, Barrera P, Muschietti L, Martino V, Sosa M. Antiproliferative effect and ultrastructural alterations induced by psilostachyin on Trypanosoma cruzi. Molecules. 2010;15:545-53 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, psilostachyin induced ultrastructural alterations on the parasites at a concentration of 0.5 microg/mL, with important mitochondrial swelling and deformity of the kinetoplast. ..
- Beguelin W, Díaz Flaqué M, Proietti C, Cayrol F, Rivas M, Tkach M, et al. Progesterone receptor induces ErbB-2 nuclear translocation to promote breast cancer growth via a novel transcriptional effect: ErbB-2 function as a coactivator of Stat3. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:5456-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel therapeutic intervention for PR- and ErbB-2-positive breast tumors via the specific blockage of ErbB-2 nuclear translocation...
- Roberti M, Arriaga J, Bianchini M, Quintá H, Bravo A, Levy E, et al. Protein expression changes during human triple negative breast cancer cell line progression to lymph node metastasis in a xenografted model in nude mice. Cancer Biol Ther. 2012;13:1123-40 pubmed publisher..Protein expression changes observed between primary tumor-derived IIB-BR-G and metastatic IIB-BR-G-MTS6 TNBC cells suggest potential targets involved in the control of metastasis. ..
- Silvestroff L, Franco P, Pasquini J. Neural and oligodendrocyte progenitor cells: transferrin effects on cell proliferation. ASN Neuro. 2013;5:e00107 pubmed publisher..The present work provides data that could have a potential application in human cell replacement therapies for neurodegenerative disease and/or CNS injury that require the use of in vitro amplified NPCs. ..
- Manuele M, Ferraro G, Barreiro Arcos M, Lopez P, Cremaschi G, Anesini C. Comparative immunomodulatory effect of scopoletin on tumoral and normal lymphocytes. Life Sci. 2006;79:2043-8 pubmed..86+/-0.08); this stimulatory action was found to be due to the interaction with kinase C (PKC) protein. These results indicate that scopoletin could be a potential antitumoral compound to be used for cancer treatment. ..
- Frick L, Palumbo M, Zappia M, Brocco M, Cremaschi G, Genaro A. Inhibitory effect of fluoxetine on lymphoma growth through the modulation of antitumor T-cell response by serotonin-dependent and independent mechanisms. Biochem Pharmacol. 2008;75:1817-26 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate, for the first time, that fluoxetine inhibits tumor growth through modulation of T-cell-mediated immunity by the already known serotonin-dependent pathway and by a novel independent mechanism. ..
- García Samartino C, Delpino M, Pott Godoy C, Di Genaro M, Pasquevich K, Zwerdling A, et al. Brucella abortus induces the secretion of proinflammatory mediators from glial cells leading to astrocyte apoptosis. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1323-38 pubmed publisher..Our results provide proof of the principle that Brucella lipoproteins could be key virulence factors in neurobrucellosis and that astrogliosis might contribute to neurobrucellosis pathogenesis. ..
- Carriquiriborde M, Milocco S, Principi G, Cagliada P, Carbone C. [Pasteurella pneumotropica produces regression of human tumors transplanted in immunodeficiency mice]. Medicina (B Aires). 2006;66:242-4 pubmed..However, the fact that a growing tumor regresses in the presence of the bacteria is an interesting observation which deserves further exploration in order to elucidate the mechanism involved...
- Hofer E, Labovsky V, La Russa V, Vallone V, Honegger A, Belloc C, et al. Mesenchymal stromal cells, colony-forming unit fibroblasts, from bone marrow of untreated advanced breast and lung cancer patients suppress fibroblast colony formation from healthy marrow. Stem Cells Dev. 2010;19:359-70 pubmed publisher..Defective autocrine and paracrine mechanisms may be involved in the BM microenvironments of LCP and BCP. ..
- Notcovich C, Diez F, Tubio M, Baldi A, Kazanietz M, Davio C, et al. Histamine acting on H1 receptor promotes inhibition of proliferation via PLC, RAC, and JNK-dependent pathways. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:401-11 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that functional coupling of the H1R to Gq-PLC leads to the activation of RhoA and Rac small GTPases and suggest distinct roles for Rho GTPases in the control of cell proliferation by histamine...
- Mena H, Carestia A, Scotti L, Parborell F, Schattner M, Negrotto S. Extracellular histones reduce survival and angiogenic responses of late outgrowth progenitor and mature endothelial cells. J Thromb Haemost. 2016;14:397-410 pubmed publisher..Their cytotoxic and antiangiogenic effects are similar in mature endothelial cells and disappear after heparin addition or TLR2/TLR4 blockade, suggesting both as therapeutic strategies to improve tissue regeneration. ..
- Polo M, Arnoni M, Riggio M, Wargon V, Lanari C, Novaro V. Responsiveness to PI3K and MEK inhibitors in breast cancer. Use of a 3D culture system to study pathways related to hormone independence in mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10786 pubmed publisher..Three-dimensional cultures were useful to test the effects of kinase inhibitors on breast cancer growth and highlight the need for in vivo models to validate experimental tools used for selective therapeutic targeting. ..
- Rapacioli M, Botelho J, Cerda G, Duarte S, Elliot M, Palma V, et al. Sonic hedgehog (Shh)/Gli modulates the spatial organization of neuroepithelial cell proliferation in the developing chick optic tectum. BMC Neurosci. 2012;13:117 pubmed publisher..This effect is probably mediated by a differential mitogenic effect that increases the NEc proliferation and modulates the spatial organization of the NEc proliferation activity. ..
- Soria G, Podhajcer O, Prives C, Gottifredi V. P21Cip1/WAF1 downregulation is required for efficient PCNA ubiquitination after UV irradiation. Oncogene. 2006;25:2829-38 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that p21 downregulation plays a role in efficient PCNA ubiquitination after UV irradiation. ..
- Irusta G, Pazos M, Maidana C, Abramovich D, de Zúñiga I, Parborell F, et al. Effects of an inhibitor of the ?-secretase complex on proliferation and apoptotic parameters in a FOXL2-mutated granulosa tumor cell line (KGN). Biol Reprod. 2013;89:9 pubmed publisher..AKT phosphorylation decreased and PTEN protein increased when Notch signaling was inhibited in KGN cells. We conclude that the Notch system acts as a survival pathway in KGN cells, and might be interacting with the PI3K/AKT pathway. ..
- de SantibaÃ±es M, Dietrich A, Alvarez F, Ardiles V, Loresi M, D adamo M, et al. Biological Substrate of the Rapid Volumetric Changes Observed in the Human Liver During the Associating Liver Partition and Portal Vein Ligation for Staged Hepatectomy Approach. J Gastrointest Surg. 2016;20:546-53 pubmed publisher..034). The results of the present study indicate that the rapid FLR volumetric increase observed in ALPPS is accompanied by histological and molecular features of hepatocyte cell proliferation. ..
- Ghiglione H, Gonzalez F, Serrago R, Maldonado S, Chilcott C, Curá J, et al. Autophagy regulated by day length determines the number of fertile florets in wheat. Plant J. 2008;55:1010-24 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which developmentally generated sugar starvation triggers floret autophagy, and long days intensify these processes due to the increased carbohydrate consumption caused by the accelerated plant development. ..
- Rosato Siri M, Badaracco M, Ortiz E, Belforte N, Clausi M, Soto E, et al. Oligodendrogenesis in iron-deficient rats: effect of apotransferrin. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:1695-707 pubmed publisher..Treatment with aTf almost completely reverted the effects of iron deficiency, both changing the migration pattern and increasing the number of mature cells in the CC and myelin formation. ..
- Recouvreux M, Guida M, Rifkin D, Becu Villalobos D, Diaz Torga G. Active and total transforming growth factor-?1 are differentially regulated by dopamine and estradiol in the pituitary. Endocrinology. 2011;152:2722-30 pubmed publisher..As an intermediary of dopamine inhibition of lactotroph function, TGF-?1 and local activators may be important targets in the treatment of dopamine agonist-resistant prolactinomas. ..
- Sterle H, Barreiro Arcos M, Valli E, Paulazo M, MÃ©ndez Huergo S, Blidner A, et al. The thyroid status reprograms T cell lymphoma growth and modulates immune cell frequencies. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:417-29 pubmed publisher..Thyroid status affects the distribution of immune cell types in the tumor milieu. Thyroid status also modifies the nature of local and systemic immune responses. ..
- Avanzo R, Padron J, D Accorso N, Fascio M. Synthesis and in vitro antiproliferative activities of (5-aryl-1,2,4-oxadiazole-3-yl) methyl d-ribofuranosides. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3674-3677 pubmed publisher..Most of these derivatives exhibit significant antiproliferative activities in the micromolar range. Noteworthy, the most potent compound of the series showed better selectivity towards the more resistant colon cancer cell line WiDr. ..
- Soto A, Fenoy I, Sánchez V, March F, Perrone Sibilia M, Aldirico M, et al. Toxoplasma gondii serine-protease inhibitor-1: A new adjuvant candidate for asthma therapy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0187002 pubmed publisher..These results show that both rTgPI-1 treatments reduced asthma hallmarks. However, co-administration of the inhibitor with the allergen was more effective. Hence, rTgPI-1 emerges as a novel adjuvant candidate for asthma treatment...
- Medina V, Croci M, Carabajal E, Bergoc R, Rivera E. Histamine protects bone marrow against cellular damage induced by ionising radiation. Int J Radiat Biol. 2010;86:283-90 pubmed publisher..Based on our previous data on the histamine radioprotective effect on small intestine, in the present work we aimed to determine whether histamine is able to protect bone marrow cells against ionising radiation damage...
- Rivas M, Carnevale R, Proietti C, Rosemblit C, Beguelin W, Salatino M, et al. TNF alpha acting on TNFR1 promotes breast cancer growth via p42/P44 MAPK, JNK, Akt and NF-kappa B-dependent pathways. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:509-29 pubmed..Our results reveal evidence for TNF alpha as a breast tumor promoter, and provide novel data for a future therapeutic approach using TNF alpha antagonists and NF-kappa B pharmacological inhibitors in established breast cancer treatment. ..
- Smal C, Wetzler D, Dantur K, Chemes L, Garcia Alai M, Dellarole M, et al. The human papillomavirus E7-E2 interaction mechanism in vitro reveals a finely tuned system for modulating available E7 and E2 proteins. Biochemistry. 2009;48:11939-49 pubmed publisher..Sequestering E2 into E7-E2 oligomers provides a possible additional route to uncontrolled E7 expression, in addition and prior to the disruption of the E2 gene during viral integration into the host genome. ..
- Olivares C, Ricci A, Bilotas M, Barañao R, Meresman G. The inhibitory effect of celecoxib and rosiglitazone on experimental endometriosis. Fertil Steril. 2011;96:428-33 pubmed publisher..These results are promising and reveal that celecoxib and rosiglitazone, combined or separately, have a beneficial effect on overall endometriotic growth. ..
- Lutzky V, Carnevale R, Alvarez M, Maffia P, Zittermann S, Podhajcer O, et al. Platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (CD31) recycles and induces cell growth inhibition on human tumor cell lines. J Cell Biochem. 2006;98:1334-50 pubmed..Thus, the expression of CD31 and its role in cell survival in some tumor cells appears to differ from endothelial cells. ..
- Nocito A, Sarancone S, Bacchi C, Tellez T. Ovarian thecoma: clinicopathological analysis of 50 cases. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2008;12:12-6 pubmed publisher..Fibroma and thecoma seem to be different neoplasms and should be considered distinct, separate entities because they have different origin, morphology, and potential functionality...
- Giulianelli S, Cerliani J, Lamb C, Fabris V, Bottino M, Gorostiaga M, et al. Carcinoma-associated fibroblasts activate progesterone receptors and induce hormone independent mammary tumor growth: A role for the FGF-2/FGFR-2 axis. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:2518-31 pubmed publisher..In summary, this is the first study reporting differences between CAF from HD and HI tumors suggesting that CAF-HI actively participate in driving HI tumor growth. ..
- Pisarev M, Thomasz L, Juvenal G. Role of transforming growth factor beta in the regulation of thyroid function and growth. Thyroid. 2009;19:881-92 pubmed publisher..More studies are required to provide the information needed to develop treatments, based on targeting the signaling pathway of TGF-beta1, for undifferentiated thyroid cancer and other thyroid diseases. ..