Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell movement in Italy
Topic: cell movement
Publications264 found, 100 shown here
- Barberis L, Pasquali C, Bertschy Meier D, Cuccurullo A, Costa C, Ambrogio C, et al. Leukocyte transmigration is modulated by chemokine-mediated PI3Kgamma-dependent phosphorylation of vimentin. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:1136-46 pubmed publisher..These results define vimentin N-terminal phosphorylation and fiber reorganization as a target of chemokine-dependent PI3Kgamma signaling in leukocytes. ..
- Burastero G, Scarfi S, Ferraris C, Fresia C, Sessarego N, Fruscione F, et al. The association of human mesenchymal stem cells with BMP-7 improves bone regeneration of critical-size segmental bone defects in athymic rats. Bone. 2010;47:117-26 pubmed publisher..Moreover, cADPR may be used to stimulate hMSC proliferation in vitro in order to reduce the time required to obtain a transplantable number of cells, with no adverse effect on the bone regenerating capacity of hMSC. ..
- Amodio N, Bellizzi D, Leotta M, Raimondi L, Biamonte L, D Aquila P, et al. miR-29b induces SOCS-1 expression by promoter demethylation and negatively regulates migration of multiple myeloma and endothelial cells. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:3650-62 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data indicate that miR-29b is endowed with epigenetic activity and mediates previously unknown functions of bortezomib in MM cells. ..
- Vizioli M, Sensi M, Miranda C, Cleris L, Formelli F, Anania M, et al. IGFBP7: an oncosuppressor gene in thyroid carcinogenesis. Oncogene. 2010;29:3835-44 pubmed publisher..We show that the effects of IGFBP7 are related to apoptosis. Our data suggest that loss of IGFBP7 expression has a functional role in thyroid carcinogenesis, and it may represent a possible basis for therapeutic strategies. ..
- Marastoni S, Andreuzzi E, Paulitti A, Colladel R, Pellicani R, Todaro F, et al. EMILIN2 down-modulates the Wnt signalling pathway and suppresses breast cancer cell growth and migration. J Pathol. 2014;232:391-404 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings provide further evidence of the complex regulations governed by EMILIN2 in the tumour microenvironment, and they identify a key extracellular regulator of the Wnt signalling pathway. ..
- Fibbi G, D Alessio S, Pucci M, Cerletti M, Del Rosso M. Growth factor-dependent proliferation and invasion of muscle satellite cells require the cell-associated fibrinolytic system. Biol Chem. 2002;383:127-36 pubmed
- Bertolini F, Paul S, Mancuso P, Monestiroli S, Gobbi A, Shaked Y, et al. Maximum tolerable dose and low-dose metronomic chemotherapy have opposite effects on the mobilization and viability of circulating endothelial progenitor cells. Cancer Res. 2003;63:4342-6 pubmed..Our findings suggest that metronomic low-dose chemotherapy regimens are particularly promising for avoiding CEP mobilization and, hence, to potentially reduce vasculogenesis-dependent mechanisms of tumor growth. ..
- Biffi A, De Palma M, Quattrini A, Del Carro U, Amadio S, Visigalli I, et al. Correction of metachromatic leukodystrophy in the mouse model by transplantation of genetically modified hematopoietic stem cells. J Clin Invest. 2004;113:1118-29 pubmed..These results indicate that transplantation of LV-transduced autologous HSCs represents a potentially efficacious therapeutic strategy for MLD and possibly other neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Agostini C, Calabrese F, Poletti V, Marcer G, Facco M, Miorin M, et al. CXCR3/CXCL10 interactions in the development of hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Respir Res. 2005;6:20 pubmed..These data indicate that IFN-gamma mediates the recruitment of lymphocytes into the lung via production of the chemokine CXCL10, resulting in Tc1-cell alveolitis and granuloma formation. ..
- Croci L, Chung S, Masserdotti G, Gianola S, Bizzoca A, Gennarini G, et al. A key role for the HLH transcription factor EBF2COE2,O/E-3 in Purkinje neuron migration and cerebellar cortical topography. Development. 2006;133:2719-29 pubmed
- Aquila S, Bonofiglio D, Gentile M, Middea E, Gabriele S, Belmonte M, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)gamma is expressed by human spermatozoa: its potential role on the sperm physiology. J Cell Physiol. 2006;209:977-86 pubmed..In conclusion, the presence of PPARgamma in male gamete broadens the field of action of this nuclear receptor, bringing us to look towards sperm as an endocrine mobile unit independent of the systemic regulation. ..
- Rombouts K, Lottini B, Caligiuri A, Liotta F, Mello T, Carloni V, et al. MARCKS is a downstream effector in platelet-derived growth factor-induced cell motility in activated human hepatic stellate cells. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:1444-54 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study indicates that MARCKS play a major key role in PDGF-BB-induced chemotaxis in activated hHSC. ..
- Arcuri F, Toti P, Buchwalder L, Casciaro A, Cintorino M, Schatz F, et al. Mechanisms of leukocyte accumulation and activation in chorioamnionitis: interleukin 1 beta and tumor necrosis factor alpha enhance colony stimulating factor 2 expression in term decidua. Reprod Sci. 2009;16:453-61 pubmed publisher..This study reveals that CSF2 is strongly expressed in decidua from patients with CAM and indicates TNF or IL1B as important regulators of CAM-related decidual leukocyte infiltration and activation. ..
- Corti S, Nizzardo M, Nardini M, Donadoni C, Salani S, Ronchi D, et al. Embryonic stem cell-derived neural stem cells improve spinal muscular atrophy phenotype in mice. Brain. 2010;133:465-81 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest translational potential for the use of pluripotent cells in neural stem cell-mediated therapies and highlight potential safety improvements and benefits of drug selection for neuroepithelial cells. ..
- Casazza A, Fu X, Johansson I, Capparuccia L, Andersson F, Giustacchini A, et al. Systemic and targeted delivery of semaphorin 3A inhibits tumor angiogenesis and progression in mouse tumor models. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:741-9 pubmed publisher..These data support the rationale for further investigation of SEMA3A as an anticancer molecule. ..
- Confalonieri P, Oliva L, Andreetta F, Lorenzoni R, Dassi P, Mariani E, et al. Muscle inflammation and MHC class I up-regulation in muscular dystrophy with lack of dysferlin: an immunopathological study. J Neuroimmunol. 2003;142:130-6 pubmed..These findings differ from polymyositis (PM) but are closely similar to those in SJL/J mice (which lack dysferlin) and emphasize the relationship between absence of dysferlin and immune system abnormalities in muscle. ..
- Bello L, Lucini V, Costa F, Pluderi M, Giussani C, Acerbi F, et al. Combinatorial administration of molecules that simultaneously inhibit angiogenesis and invasion leads to increased therapeutic efficacy in mouse models of malignant glioma. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:4527-37 pubmed..This supports the concept that prolonged glioma growth inhibition can be achieved by simultaneous delivery of molecules that target both tumor and endothelial cells and acting by separate mechanisms. ..
- Locci P, Balducci C, Lilli C, Marinucci L, Becchetti E, Dolci C, et al. Desmoid and fibroma tumors differently respond to TGFbeta(1) stimulus and ECM macromolecule accumulation. Biomed Pharmacother. 2007;61:131-6 pubmed
- Pillozzi S, Brizzi M, Bernabei P, Bartolozzi B, Caporale R, Basile V, et al. VEGFR-1 (FLT-1), beta1 integrin, and hERG K+ channel for a macromolecular signaling complex in acute myeloid leukemia: role in cell migration and clinical outcome. Blood. 2007;110:1238-50 pubmed..We conclude that in AML, hERG1 channels mediate the FLT-1-dependent cell migration and invasion, and hence confer a greater malignancy. ..
- Moretti R, Montagnani Marelli M, Mai S, Limonta P. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists suppress melanoma cell motility and invasiveness through the inhibition of alpha3 integrin and MMP-2 expression and activity. Int J Oncol. 2008;33:405-13 pubmed..These compounds reduce the metastatic potential of melanoma cells by interfering with the expression/activity of cell adhesion molecules (alpha3 integrin) and matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-2). ..
- Semenova E, Koegel H, Hasse S, Klatte J, Slonimsky E, Bilbao D, et al. Overexpression of mIGF-1 in keratinocytes improves wound healing and accelerates hair follicle formation and cycling in mice. Am J Pathol. 2008;173:1295-310 pubmed publisher..Our analysis supports the use of mIGF-1 for skin and hair regeneration and describes a potential cell type-restricted action. ..
- Benninghoff J, Gritti A, Rizzi M, Lamorte G, Schloesser R, Schmitt A, et al. Serotonin depletion hampers survival and proliferation in neurospheres derived from adult neural stem cells. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2010;35:893-903 pubmed publisher..Finally, we documented a 5-HT-induced increase of ANSC migration activity. In summary, we demonstrated a powerful serotonergic impact on ANSC functional features, which was mainly mediated by 5-HT1A receptors. ..
- Silini A, Ghilardi C, Ardinghi C, Bernasconi S, Oliva P, Carraro F, et al. Protease-activated receptor-1 (PAR-1) promotes the motility of human melanomas and is associated to their metastatic phenotype. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2010;27:43-53 pubmed publisher..Our results provide strong evidence supporting the implication of PAR-1 in the malignant progression of human melanoma. ..
- Amin L, Ercolini E, Shahapure R, Bisson G, Torre V. The elementary events underlying force generation in neuronal lamellipodia. Sci Rep. 2011;1:153 pubmed publisher..When myosin II is inhibited by the addition of 20 ?M Blebbistatin, jump frequency is reduced but to a lesser extent than by Jasplainolide. These jumps constitute the elementary events underlying force generation. ..
- Noghero A, Perino A, Seano G, Saglio E, Lo Sasso G, Veglio F, et al. Liver X receptor activation reduces angiogenesis by impairing lipid raft localization and signaling of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:2280-8 pubmed publisher..In the endothelium, perturbations of cell cholesterol have an impact on fundamental processes. We, therefore, assessed the effects of LXR activation on endothelial functions related to angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo...
- Lesma E, Eloisa C, Isaia E, Grande V, Ancona S, Orpianesi E, et al. Development of a lymphangioleiomyomatosis model by endonasal administration of human TSC2-/- smooth muscle cells in mice. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:947-60 pubmed publisher..The development of a model to study metastasis by TSC cells will also help to explain how they invade different tissues and metastasize to the lung. ..
- Mardente S, Mari E, Consorti F, Di Gioia C, Negri R, Etna M, et al. HMGB1 induces the overexpression of miR-222 and miR-221 and increases growth and motility in papillary thyroid cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:2285-9 pubmed publisher..The overexpression of oncogenic miR-221 and miR-222 caused by HMGB1 is associated with an increase in malignancy scores, namely cell growth and motility. ..
- Cavarelli M, Foglieni C, Rescigno M, Scarlatti G. R5 HIV-1 envelope attracts dendritic cells to cross the human intestinal epithelium and sample luminal virions via engagement of the CCR5. EMBO Mol Med. 2013;5:776-94 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that HIV-1 translocation across the intestinal mucosa occurs through the selective engagement of DCs by R5 viruses, and may guide the design of new prevention strategies...
- Bald T, Quast T, Landsberg J, Rogava M, Glodde N, Lopez Ramos D, et al. Ultraviolet-radiation-induced inflammation promotes angiotropism and metastasis in melanoma. Nature. 2014;507:109-13 pubmed publisher..Our work indicates that targeting the inflammation-induced phenotypic plasticity of melanoma cells and their association with endothelial cells represent rational strategies to specifically interfere with metastatic progression. ..
- Bartella V, De Francesco E, Perri M, Curcio R, Dolce V, Maggiolini M, et al. The G protein estrogen receptor (GPER) is regulated by endothelin-1 mediated signaling in cancer cells. Cell Signal. 2016;28:61-71 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that GPER may contribute to ET-1 action toward the progression of some types of tumor. ..
- Sisci D, Aquila S, Middea E, Gentile M, Maggiolini M, Mastroianni F, et al. Fibronectin and type IV collagen activate ERalpha AF-1 by c-Src pathway: effect on breast cancer cell motility. Oncogene. 2004;23:8920-30 pubmed..These findings address the integrated role of ECM proteins and ERalpha in influencing breast cancer cell motility through a mechanism that involves c-Src and seems not to be related to a specific cell type. ..
- Ori M, Nardini M, Casini P, Perris R, Nardi I. XHas2 activity is required during somitogenesis and precursor cell migration in Xenopus development. Development. 2006;133:631-40 pubmed..On the whole, these data underlie and confirm the emerging importance of cell-ECM interactions and modulation during embryonic development. ..
- Mione M, Baldessari D, Deflorian G, Nappo G, Santoriello C. How neuronal migration contributes to the morphogenesis of the CNS: insights from the zebrafish. Dev Neurosci. 2008;30:65-81 pubmed..These examples reinforce the concept that migratory events contribute to the distribution of cell types with diverse identities through the CNS and that zebrafish transgenic lines represent excellent tools to study these events. ..
- Belletti B, Nicoloso M, Schiappacassi M, Berton S, Lovat F, Wolf K, et al. Stathmin activity influences sarcoma cell shape, motility, and metastatic potential. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2003-13 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that stathmin plays a significant role in tumor metastasis formation, a finding that could lead to exploitation of stathmin as a target of new antimetastatic drugs. ..
- Fernandez L, Errico M, Bottero L, Penkov D, Resnati M, Blasi F, et al. Oncogenic HoxB7 requires TALE cofactors and is inactivated by a dominant-negative Pbx1 mutant in a cell-specific manner. Cancer Lett. 2008;266:144-55 pubmed publisher..Tumor cell-type specific functional effects of Pbx1NT were observed, possibly related to the presence of different Hox genes in melanoma or breast adenocarcinoma DNA-protein ternary complexes. ..
- Casini P, Nardi I, Ori M. RHAMM mRNA expression in proliferating and migrating cells of the developing central nervous system. Gene Expr Patterns. 2010;10:93-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that during the central nervous system development RHAMM could be involved in cell proliferation and migration processes both in a hyaluronan independent and dependent manner. ..
- Damiano L, Di Stefano P, Camacho Leal M, Barba M, Mainiero F, Cabodi S, et al. p140Cap dual regulation of E-cadherin/EGFR cross-talk and Ras signalling in tumour cell scatter and proliferation. Oncogene. 2010;29:3677-90 pubmed publisher..Therefore, p140Cap mechanistically behaves as a tumour suppressor that inhibits signalling pathways leading to aggressive phenotypes. ..
- Morone S, Lo Buono N, Parrotta R, Giacomino A, Nacci G, Brusco A, et al. Overexpression of CD157 contributes to epithelial ovarian cancer progression by promoting mesenchymal differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43649 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings implicate CD157 in the progression of EOC to metastatic disease and suggest that CD157 may represent a valuable therapeutic target. ..
- Cerruti B, Puliafito A, Shewan A, Yu W, Combes A, Little M, et al. Polarity, cell division, and out-of-equilibrium dynamics control the growth of epithelial structures. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:359-72 pubmed publisher..These results improve our understanding of the development of epithelial organs and, ultimately, of carcinogenesis. ..
- Nuti E, Bassani B, Camodeca C, Rosalia L, Cantelmo A, Gallo C, et al. Synthesis and antiangiogenic activity study of new hop chalcone Xanthohumol analogues. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;138:890-899 pubmed publisher..This study paves the way for future development of synthetic analogues of XN to be used as cancer angiopreventive and chemopreventive agents. ..
- Gelati M, Corsini E, De Rossi M, Masini L, Bernardi G, Massa G, et al. Methylprednisolone acts on peripheral blood mononuclear cells and endothelium in inhibiting migration phenomena in patients with multiple sclerosis. Arch Neurol. 2002;59:774-80 pubmed..A "rebound" of transmigration at 24 hours suggests that a single infusion is not optimal for achieving a persistent reduction in transmigration. ..
- Caligiuri A, De Franco R, Romanelli R, Gentilini A, Meucci M, Failli P, et al. Antifibrogenic effects of canrenone, an antialdosteronic drug, on human hepatic stellate cells. Gastroenterology. 2003;124:504-20 pubmed..These results indicate that canrenone may be active as an antifibrogenic drug. ..
- Chieppa M, Bianchi G, Doni A, Del Prete A, Sironi M, Laskarin G, et al. Cross-linking of the mannose receptor on monocyte-derived dendritic cells activates an anti-inflammatory immunosuppressive program. J Immunol. 2003;171:4552-60 pubmed
- Palumbo R, Sampaolesi M, De Marchis F, Tonlorenzi R, Colombetti S, Mondino A, et al. Extracellular HMGB1, a signal of tissue damage, induces mesoangioblast migration and proliferation. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:441-9 pubmed..Although the role of endogenous HMGB1 in the reconstruction of dystrophic muscle remains to be clarified, injected HMGB1 may be used to promote tissue regeneration. ..
- Mazzieri R, D Alessio S, Kenmoe R, Ossowski L, Blasi F. An uncleavable uPAR mutant allows dissection of signaling pathways in uPA-dependent cell migration. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:367-78 pubmed
- Fagiani E, Giardina G, Luzi L, Cesaroni M, Quarto M, Capra M, et al. RaLP, a new member of the Src homology and collagen family, regulates cell migration and tumor growth of metastatic melanomas. Cancer Res. 2007;67:3064-73 pubmed
- Ceccarelli S, Cardinali G, Aspite N, Picardo M, Marchese C, Torrisi M, et al. Cortactin involvement in the keratinocyte growth factor and fibroblast growth factor 10 promotion of migration and cortical actin assembly in human keratinocytes. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:1758-77 pubmed..Furthermore, siRNA-mediated downregulation of cortactin inhibited KGF- and FGF10-induced migration. These results indicate that cortactin is involved in keratinocyte migration promoted by both KGF and FGF10. ..
- Martarelli D, Pompei P, Baldi C, Mazzoni G. Mebendazole inhibits growth of human adrenocortical carcinoma cell lines implanted in nude mice. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2008;61:809-17 pubmed..Overall, these data suggest that treatment with mebendazole, also in combination with standard therapies, could provide a new protocol for the inhibition of adrenocortical carcinoma growth...
- Montrasio S, Mlodzik M, Fanto M. A new allele uncovers the role of echinus in the control of ommatidial rotation in the Drosophila eye. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2936-42 pubmed
- De Donatis A, Comito G, Buricchi F, Vinci M, Parenti A, Caselli A, et al. Proliferation versus migration in platelet-derived growth factor signaling: the key role of endocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:19948-56 pubmed publisher..In addition, we propose that the cell decision to proliferate or migrate relies on different endocytotic routes of the PDGF receptor in response to different PDGF concentrations. ..
- Vermi W, Lonardi S, Morassi M, Rossini C, Tardanico R, Venturini M, et al. Cutaneous distribution of plasmacytoid dendritic cells in lupus erythematosus. Selective tropism at the site of epithelial apoptotic damage. Immunobiology. 2009;214:877-86 pubmed publisher..This study confirms cutaneous PDC infiltration as hallmark of LE. The topographical segregation in D-PDC and J-PDC suggests a novel view of the role of these cells in skin autoimmunity. ..
- Mirabella T, Teodelinda M, Cilli M, Michele C, Carlone S, Sebastiano C, et al. Amniotic liquid derived stem cells as reservoir of secreted angiogenic factors capable of stimulating neo-arteriogenesis in an ischemic model. Biomaterials. 2011;32:3689-99 pubmed publisher..In line with the current regenerative medicine trend, in the present study we assert the concept that stem cell-secreted mediators can guide the tissue repair by stimulating or recruiting host reparative cells. ..
- Rosati A, Graziano V, De Laurenzi V, Pascale M, Turco M. BAG3: a multifaceted protein that regulates major cell pathways. Cell Death Dis. 2011;2:e141 pubmed publisher..This review attempts to outline the emerging mechanisms that can underlie some of the biological activities of the protein, focusing on implications in tumor progression. ..
- Lo Buono N, Parrotta R, Morone S, Bovino P, Nacci G, Ortolan E, et al. The CD157-integrin partnership controls transendothelial migration and adhesion of human monocytes. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:18681-91 pubmed publisher..The CD157-integrin partnership provides optimal adhesion and transmigration of human monocytes. ..
- Sensi M, Catani M, Castellano G, Nicolini G, Alciato F, Tragni G, et al. Human cutaneous melanomas lacking MITF and melanocyte differentiation antigens express a functional Axl receptor kinase. J Invest Dermatol. 2011;131:2448-57 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that targeted inhibition of Axl signaling in the subset of melanomas lacking MITF and MDAs may represent a novel therapeutic strategy. ..
- Magri L, Cambiaghi M, Cominelli M, Alfaro Cervello C, Cursi M, Pala M, et al. Sustained activation of mTOR pathway in embryonic neural stem cells leads to development of tuberous sclerosis complex-associated lesions. Cell Stem Cell. 2011;9:447-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, finely tuned mTOR activation in embryonic NSCs may be critical to prevent development of TSC-associated brain lesions. ..
- Solinas M, Massi P, Cantelmo A, Cattaneo M, Cammarota R, Bartolini D, et al. Cannabidiol inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms. Br J Pharmacol. 2012;167:1218-31 pubmed publisher..This study reveals that CBD inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms. Its dual effect on both tumour and endothelial cells supports the hypothesis that CBD has potential as an effective agent in cancer therapy. ..
- Fibbi G, Pucci M, D Alessio S, Grappone C, Pellegrini G, Salzano R, et al. Transforming growth factor beta-1 stimulates invasivity of hepatic stellate cells by engagement of the cell-associated fibrinolytic system. Growth Factors. 2001;19:87-100 pubmed..Also this cooperation requires u-PAR and is inhibited by monoclonal antibodies against u-PAR domains I, II and III. ..
- Faccio R, Grano M, Colucci S, Villa A, Giannelli G, Quaranta V, et al. Localization and possible role of two different alpha v beta 3 integrin conformations in resting and resorbing osteoclasts. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:2919-29 pubmed..The capacity of growth factors to alter the affinity of alpha(v)beta(3) toward its ligands offers a potential explanation for the diverse responses of osteoclasts to the same ligand. ..
- Corradi A, Croci L, Broccoli V, Zecchini S, Previtali S, Wurst W, et al. Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and peripheral neuropathy in Ebf2-null mice. Development. 2003;130:401-10 pubmed..Ebf2-null mice reveal a novel genetic cause of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and peripheral neuropathy in the mouse, disclosing an important role for Ebf2 in neuronal migration and nerve development. ..
- Strasly M, Doronzo G, Cappello P, Capello P, Valdembri D, Arese M, et al. CCL16 activates an angiogenic program in vascular endothelial cells. Blood. 2004;103:40-9 pubmed..The largely restricted CCL16 expression in the liver suggests that this chemokine may play a role in hepatic vascular formation during development and in angiogenesis associated to hepatic diseases. ..
- Cera M, Del Prete A, Vecchi A, Corada M, Martin Padura I, Motoike T, et al. Increased DC trafficking to lymph nodes and contact hypersensitivity in junctional adhesion molecule-A-deficient mice. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:729-38 pubmed..Thus, we identified here a novel, non-redundant role of JAM-A in controlling DC motility, trafficking to lymph nodes, and activation of specific immunity. ..
- Biancone L, Cantaluppi V, Duò D, Deregibus M, Torre C, Camussi G. Role of L-selectin in the vascular homing of peripheral blood-derived endothelial progenitor cells. J Immunol. 2004;173:5268-74 pubmed..This observation may provide knowledge about the substrate to design strategies to improve EPC localization in damaged tissues. ..
- Garau A, Bertini R, Mosca M, Bizzarri C, Anacardio R, Triulzi S, et al. Development of a systemically-active dual CXCR1/CXCR2 allosteric inhibitor and its efficacy in a model of transient cerebral ischemia in the rat. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2006;17:35-41 pubmed..These results indicate that CXCR1/CXCR2 and their ligands have a role in the inflammatory component of cerebral ischemia, and that these pathways represent an important pharmacological target. ..
- Ortolan E, Tibaldi E, Ferranti B, Lavagno L, Garbarino G, Notaro R, et al. CD157 plays a pivotal role in neutrophil transendothelial migration. Blood. 2006;108:4214-22 pubmed..These findings are relevant in vivo because CD157-deficient neutrophils obtained from patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria are characterized by a severely impaired diapedesis. ..
- Fardin P, Ognibene M, Vanni C, De Santanna A, Varesio L, Eva A. Induction of epithelial mesenchimal transition and vasculogenesis in the lenses of Dbl oncogene transgenic mice. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7058 pubmed publisher..We conclude that onco-Dbl has a potentially important, previously unreported, capacity to dramatically alter epithelial cell migration, replication, polarization and differentiation and to induce vascularization of an epithelial tissue. ..
- Papi A, Rocchi P, Ferreri A, Orlandi M. RXRgamma and PPARgamma ligands in combination to inhibit proliferation and invasiveness in colon cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2010;297:65-74 pubmed publisher..Finally, IIF potentiated PPAR transcriptional activity by enhancement of peroxisome proliferator response elements transactivation. ..
- Kasic T, Colombo P, Soldani C, Wang C, Miranda E, Roncalli M, et al. Modulation of human T-cell functions by reactive nitrogen species. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:1843-9 pubmed publisher..Since substantial protein nitration, a hallmark of nitrative stress, was observed in various human cancers, intratumoral generation of RNS might represent a relevant mechanism for tumor evasion from immune surveillance...
- Badolato R, Sozzani S, Malacarne F, Bresciani S, Fiorini M, Borsatti A, et al. Monocytes from Wiskott-Aldrich patients display reduced chemotaxis and lack of cell polarization in response to monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine. J Immunol. 1998;161:1026-33 pubmed..These results suggest that WAS protein is involved in the monocyte response to the chemokines MCP-1 and macrophage inflammatory protein-1alpha. ..
- Benelli R, Morini M, Carrozzino F, Ferrari N, Minghelli S, Santi L, et al. Neutrophils as a key cellular target for angiostatin: implications for regulation of angiogenesis and inflammation. FASEB J. 2002;16:267-9 pubmed..These data show that angiostatin directly inhibits neutrophil migration and neutrophil-mediated angiogenesis and indicate that angiostatin might inhibit inflammation. ..
- Tarella C, Rutella S, Gualandi F, Melazzini M, Scimè R, Petrini M, et al. Consistent bone marrow-derived cell mobilization following repeated short courses of granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: results from a multicenter prospective trial. Cytotherapy. 2010;12:50-9 pubmed publisher..It is feasible to deliver repeated courses of G-CSF to mobilize a substantial number of CD34(+) cells in patients with ALS; mobilized BMC include immature cells with potential clinical usefulness. ..
- Spinola M, Falvella F, Colombo F, Sullivan J, Shames D, Girard L, et al. MFSD2A is a novel lung tumor suppressor gene modulating cell cycle and matrix attachment. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:62 pubmed publisher..Together these data suggest that MFSD2A is a novel lung cancer tumor suppressor gene that regulates cell cycle progression and matrix attachment. ..
- Frittoli E, Matteoli G, Palamidessi A, Mazzini E, Maddaluno L, Disanza A, et al. The signaling adaptor Eps8 is an essential actin capping protein for dendritic cell migration. Immunity. 2011;35:388-99 pubmed publisher..Yet, Eps8 is not necessary for antigen uptake, processing, and presentation. Thus, we have identified Eps8 as a unique actin capping protein specifically required for DC migration. ..
- Ferrero E, Fabbri M, Poggi A, Galati G, Bernasconi S, Zocchi M. Tumor-driven matrix invasion by infiltrating lymphocytes: involvement of the alpha1 integrin I-domain. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:2530-6 pubmed..Collectively, these findings suggest that TC may actively recruit TIL via the release of chemotactic factors that enhance an alpha1 integrin-mediated pathway of matrix invasion. ..
- Princivalle A, Regondi M, Frassoni C, Bowery N, Spreafico R. Distribution of GABA(B) receptor protein in somatosensory cortex and thalamus of adult rats and during postnatal development. Brain Res Bull. 2000;52:397-405 pubmed
- Spessotto P, Rossi F, Degan M, Di Francia R, Perris R, Colombatti A, et al. Hyaluronan-CD44 interaction hampers migration of osteoclast-like cells by down-regulating MMP-9. J Cell Biol. 2002;158:1133-44 pubmed..These findings highlight a novel role of the HA-CD44 interaction in the context of OC-like cell motility, suggesting that it may act as a stop signal for bone-resorbing cells. ..
- Giunti D, Borsellino G, Benelli R, Marchese M, Capello E, Valle M, et al. Phenotypic and functional analysis of T cells homing into the CSF of subjects with inflammatory diseases of the CNS. J Leukoc Biol. 2003;73:584-90 pubmed..These cells are recruited into the CSF by inducible chemokines. Thus, CSF represents a transitional station for T cells trafficking to and from the NS...
- Cavallaro U. N-cadherin as an invasion promoter: a novel target for antitumor therapy?. Curr Opin Investig Drugs. 2004;5:1274-8 pubmed..Taken together, the topics discussed in this review point to N-cadherin as an important player in tumor development and, therefore, a potential target for novel therapeutic approaches. ..
- Porto A, Palumbo R, Pieroni M, Aprigliano G, Chiesa R, Sanvito F, et al. Smooth muscle cells in human atherosclerotic plaques secrete and proliferate in response to high mobility group box 1 protein. FASEB J. 2006;20:2565-6 pubmed..Thus, SMCs are both a source and a target of HMGB1; blocking HMGB1 secretion by SMCs can be an important strategy for treatment of atherosclerotic disease and in particular restenosis. ..
- Madsen C, Ferraris G, Andolfo A, Cunningham O, Sidenius N. uPAR-induced cell adhesion and migration: vitronectin provides the key. J Cell Biol. 2007;177:927-39 pubmed
- Messa M, Canale C, Marconi E, Cingolani R, Salerno M, Benfenati F. Growth cone 3-D morphology is modified by distinct micropatterned adhesion substrates. IEEE Trans Nanobioscience. 2009;8:161-8 pubmed publisher..Along with this shape change of the axons, GCs lying onto L1 tracks displayed a flattened shape, ideal for sensing and progression, whereas GCs onto areas of nonspecific adhesion displayed more prominent shapes and steeper edges. ..
- Berton S, Belletti B, Wolf K, Canzonieri V, Lovat F, Vecchione A, et al. The tumor suppressor functions of p27(kip1) include control of the mesenchymal/amoeboid transition. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:5031-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, we highlight here a new p27 function in driving cell plasticity that is associated with its C-terminal portion and does not depend on the control of cyclin-dependent kinase activity. ..
- Calatozzolo C, Canazza A, Pollo B, di Pierro E, Ciusani E, Maderna E, et al. Expression of the new CXCL12 receptor, CXCR7, in gliomas. Cancer Biol Ther. 2011;11:242-53 pubmed