Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell membrane permeability in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: cell membrane permeability
Publications162 found, 100 shown here
- Dey M, Baldys A, Sumter D, Gooz P, Luttrell L, Raymond J, et al. Bradykinin decreases podocyte permeability through ADAM17-dependent epidermal growth factor receptor activation and zonula occludens-1 rearrangement. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;334:775-83 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that ADAM17 and the EGFR may be potential novel therapeutic targets in diabetic nephropathy and other chronic kidney diseases. ..
- Al Bataineh M, van der Merwe D, Schultz B, Gehring R. Tumor necrosis factor alpha increases P-glycoprotein expression in a BME-UV in vitro model of mammary epithelial cells. Biopharm Drug Dispos. 2010;31:506-15 pubmed publisher..This model has important implications for understanding the barrier function of the mammary epithelium and provides insight into the role of P-glycoprotein in the accumulation and/or removal of xenobiotics from milk and/or plasma. ..
- Collins C, Aherne C, Ehrentraut S, Gerich M, McNamee E, McManus M, et al. Alpha-1-antitrypsin therapy ameliorates acute colitis and chronic murine ileitis. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013;19:1964-73 pubmed publisher..This raises the possibility that AAT supplementation, which has a long history of proven safety, may have a therapeutic effect in human IBD. ..
- Haynes K, Abdali N, Jhawar V, Zgurskaya H, Parks J, Green A, et al. Identification and Structure-Activity Relationships of Novel Compounds that Potentiate the Activities of Antibiotics in Escherichia coli. J Med Chem. 2017;60:6205-6219 pubmed publisher..coli cells including the ability to penetrate the outer membrane, improved inhibition of efflux relative to 1, and potentiation of the activity of novobiocin and erythromycin. ..
- Jiang N, Rau K, Johnson R, Cooper B. Proton sensitivity Ca2+ permeability and molecular basis of acid-sensing ion channels expressed in glabrous and hairy skin afferents. J Neurophysiol. 2006;95:2466-78 pubmed..ASIC- as well as non-ASIC-expressing nociceptors have highly distinct cutaneous targets, and only one class was consistent with the existence of a generic C polymodal nociceptor (type 8a). ..
- McCoy E, Sontheimer H. Expression and function of water channels (aquaporins) in migrating malignant astrocytes. Glia. 2007;55:1034-43 pubmed..Yet, only the presence of AQP1, but not AQP4, enhanced cell growth and migration, typical properties of gliomas, while AQP4 enhanced cell adhesion suggesting differential biological roles for AQP1 and AQP4 in glioma cell biology. ..
- Mullen S, Li M, Li Y, Chen Z, Critser J. Human oocyte vitrification: the permeability of metaphase II oocytes to water and ethylene glycol and the appliance toward vitrification. Fertil Steril. 2008;89:1812-25 pubmed..To determine the permeability of human metaphase II oocytes to ethylene glycol and water in the presence of ethylene glycol, and to use this information to develop a method to vitrify human oocytes...
- Karim S, Essenberg R, Dillwith J, Tucker J, Bowman A, Sauer J. Identification of SNARE and cell trafficking regulatory proteins in the salivary glands of the lone star tick, Amblyomma americanum (L.). Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;32:1711-21 pubmed..We conclude that SNARE and cell trafficking regulatory proteins are present and functioning in the process of PGE(2)-stimulated Ca(2+) regulated protein secretion in tick salivary glands. ..
- Broughman J, Brandt R, Hastings C, Iwamoto T, Tomich J, Schultz B. Channel-forming peptide modulates transepithelial electrical conductance and solute permeability. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2004;286:C1312-23 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that NC-1059 represents a valuable tool to investigate tight junction regulation and may be a lead compound for therapeutic interventions. ..
- Petreaca M, Yao M, Liu Y, DeFea K, Martins Green M. Transactivation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 by interleukin-8 (IL-8/CXCL8) is required for IL-8/CXCL8-induced endothelial permeability. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:5014-23 pubmed
- Bergsbaken T, Cookson B. Macrophage activation redirects yersinia-infected host cell death from apoptosis to caspase-1-dependent pyroptosis. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:e161 pubmed
- Kulkarni M, McMaster W, Kamysz W, McGwire B. Antimicrobial peptide-induced apoptotic death of leishmania results from calcium-de pend ent, caspase-independent mitochondrial toxicity. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:15496-504 pubmed publisher..Flufenamic acid, a nonspecific Ca2+ inhibitor, completely ablated AMP-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and cell death, indicating the importance of dysregulation of Ca2+ in antimicrobial peptide-induced apoptosis. ..
- Millan D, Bunnage M, Burrows J, Butcher K, Dodd P, Evans T, et al. Design and synthesis of inhaled p38 inhibitors for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Med Chem. 2011;54:7797-814 pubmed publisher..1ab (PF-03715455) was subsequently identified as a clinical candidate from this series with efficacy and safety profiles confirming its potential as an inhaled agent for the treatment of COPD. ..
- Ferreira L, Moylan J, Stasko S, Smith J, Campbell K, Reid M. Sphingomyelinase depresses force and calcium sensitivity of the contractile apparatus in mouse diaphragm muscle fibers. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2012;112:1538-45 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that the fall in specific force of intact muscle elicited by SMase is mediated by mitochondrial ROS and can be attributed largely to dysfunction of the contractile apparatus. ..
- Neng L, Zhang F, Kachelmeier A, Shi X. Endothelial cell, pericyte, and perivascular resident macrophage-type melanocyte interactions regulate cochlear intrastrial fluid-blood barrier permeability. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2013;14:175-85 pubmed publisher..Our finding demonstrates the importance of signaling among pericytes, endothelial cells, and perivascular resident macrophage-type melanocytes to the integrity of the intrastrial fluid-blood barrier. ..
- Tatipaka H, Gillespie J, Chatterjee A, Norcross N, Hulverson M, Ranade R, et al. Substituted 2-phenylimidazopyridines: a new class of drug leads for human African trypanosomiasis. J Med Chem. 2014;57:828-35 pubmed publisher..5 mg/kg. Given its potent antiparasitic properties and its ease of synthesis, compound 64 represents a new lead for the development of drugs to treat human African trypanosomiasis. ..
- Xu D, Cheng Q. Surface-bound lipid vesicles encapsulating redox species for amperometric biosensing of pore-forming bacterial toxins. J Am Chem Soc. 2002;124:14314-5 pubmed..The method is applicable to the detection of functionally similar protein toxins. ..
- Calabro A, Konsoula R, Barile F. Evaluation of in vitro cytotoxicity and paracellular permeability of intact monolayers with mouse embryonic stem cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2008;22:1273-84 pubmed publisher..This system represents a novel approach for the manipulation of mES cells toward specific intact monolayers, as an in vitro model for biological monolayer formation, and most importantly, for applications to cytotoxicity testing. ..
- Wu F, Wilson J. Peroxynitrite-dependent activation of protein phosphatase type 2A mediates microvascular endothelial barrier dysfunction. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;81:38-45 pubmed publisher..This nitration in PP2Ac is correlated with PP2A activation that mediates endothelial barrier dysfunction. ..
- Zhang Z, Zhang Z, Jackson M. Synaptotagmin IV modulation of vesicle size and fusion pores in PC12 cells. Biophys J. 2010;98:968-78 pubmed publisher..The effects of syt IV on fusion pores are discussed in terms of structural models and kinetic mechanisms. ..
- Gama Arachchige N, Baskin J, Geneve R, Baskin C. Acquisition of physical dormancy and ontogeny of the micropyle--water-gap complex in developing seeds of Geranium carolinianum (Geraniaceae). Ann Bot. 2011;108:51-64 pubmed publisher..The micropyle and water gap cannot be considered as two separate entities, and thus it is more appropriate to consider them together as a 'micropyle--water-gap complex'. ..
- Nofsinger R, Fuchs Knotts T, Borchardt R. Factors that restrict the cell permeation of cyclic prodrugs of an opioid peptide, part 3: Synthesis of analogs designed to have improved stability to oxidative metabolism. J Pharm Sci. 2012;101:3486-99 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the amino-acid-modified analogs of CA-DADLE prepared in this study could be stable to metabolic oxidation by CYP3A4 expressed in human intestinal mucosal cells. ..
- Chandrasekharan B, Jeppsson S, Pienkowski S, Belsham D, Sitaraman S, Merlin D, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-neuropeptide Y cross talk regulates inflammation, epithelial barrier functions, and colonic motility. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013;19:2535-46 pubmed publisher..It is also suggested that selective blocking of soluble TNF may be a better therapeutic option than using anti-TNF antibodies. ..
- Carpenter J, Wang Y, Wu G, Feng J, Ye X, Morales C, et al. Utilization of an Active Site Mutant Receptor for the Identification of Potent and Selective Atypical 5-HT2C Receptor Agonists. J Med Chem. 2017;60:6166-6190 pubmed publisher..Oral administration of 69 to rats reduced food intake in an ad libitum feeding model, which could be completely reversed by a selective 5-HT2C antagonist. ..
- Lau P, Palmer R, Lambert H, Song C, Lutz F, Geokas M. Pseudomonas aeruginosa cytotoxin stimulates secretion of amylase and protease zymogens with a concomitant decrease of mRNA levels in isolated rat pancreatic acini. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988;152:688-94 pubmed..The inhibition of gene expression is attributable merely to a generalized toxic effect upon cellular metabolism. ..
- Roth B, Poot M, Yue S, Millard P. Bacterial viability and antibiotic susceptibility testing with SYTOX green nucleic acid stain. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1997;63:2421-31 pubmed..These studies showed that bacterial labeling with SYTOX Green stain is an effective alternative to conventional methods for measuring bacterial viability and antibiotic susceptibility. ..
- Villani G, Greco M, Papa S, Attardi G. Low reserve of cytochrome c oxidase capacity in vivo in the respiratory chain of a variety of human cell types. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:31829-36 pubmed..This conclusion has important implications for understanding the role of physiological or pathological factors in affecting the COX threshold...
- Peters L, Jindel H, Gwynn B, Korsgren C, John K, Lux S, et al. Mild spherocytosis and altered red cell ion transport in protein 4. 2-null mice. J Clin Invest. 1999;103:1527-37 pubmed..The increased passive Na+ permeability of 4.2(-/-) RBCs is also dependent on cell shrinkage. We conclude that protein 4.2 is important in the maintenance of normal surface area in RBCs and for normal RBC cation transport. ..
- Cefaratti C, Ruse C. Protein kinase A dependent phosphorylation activates Mg2+ efflux in the basolateral region of the liver. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;297:209-14 pubmed..These data suggest that phosphorylation of the Na(+)/Mg(2+) exchanger or a nearby protein activates the Mg(2+) transport mechanism in hepatocytes. ..
- Gorodeski G. Estrogen modulation of epithelial permeability in cervical-vaginal cells of premenopausal and postmenopausal women. Menopause. 2007;14:1012-9 pubmed..In contrast, the late persistent decrease in RTJ is mediated by occludin degradation and is unrelated to aging. ..
- Gregory S, Cavenaugh A, Journigan V, Pokorny A, Almeida P. A quantitative model for the all-or-none permeabilization of phospholipid vesicles by the antimicrobial peptide cecropin A. Biophys J. 2008;94:1667-80 pubmed..No peptide oligomerization on the vesicle is involved; alternative models that assume oligomerization are inconsistent with the experimental data. Thus, formation of well-defined, peptide-lined pores is unlikely. ..
- Norris R, Freudzon M, Mehlmann L, Cowan A, Simon A, Paul D, et al. Luteinizing hormone causes MAP kinase-dependent phosphorylation and closure of connexin 43 gap junctions in mouse ovarian follicles: one of two paths to meiotic resumption. Development. 2008;135:3229-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, both MAP kinase-dependent gap junction closure and another redundant pathway function in parallel to ensure that meiosis resumes in response to LH. ..
- Liu Y, Villamena F, Sun J, Wang T, Zweier J. Esterified trityl radicals as intracellular oxygen probes. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009;46:876-83 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that these esterified trityl radicals can function as effective EPR oximetry probes measuring intracellular O2 concentration and consumption. ..
- Davis J, Rahaman O, Patel S. Molecular dynamics simulations of a DMPC bilayer using nonadditive interaction models. Biophys J. 2009;96:385-402 pubmed publisher..This contribution is a step toward the continuing development of a CHARMM (Chemistry at Harvard Molecular Mechanics) polarizable force field for simulations of biomacromolecular systems. ..
- Gupta V, Patwardhan G, Zhang Q, Cabot M, Jazwinski S, Liu Y. Direct quantitative determination of ceramide glycosylation in vivo: a new approach to evaluate cellular enzyme activity of glucosylceramide synthase. J Lipid Res. 2010;51:866-74 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that this cell-based fluorescent method is direct, reproducible, and simple for assessing ceramide glycosylation. It is applicable to validate GCS activity in drug-resistant cancers and in other disorders. ..
- Luo S, Pal D, Shah S, Kwatra D, Paturi K, Mitra A. Effect of HEPES buffer on the uptake and transport of P-glycoprotein substrates and large neutral amino acids. Mol Pharm. 2010;7:412-20 pubmed publisher..The effect of HEPES on P-gp mediated drug efflux and transport may provide some mechanistic insight into possible reasons for inconsistencies in the results reported from various laboratories. ..
- Bovo E, Mazurek S, Blatter L, Zima A. Regulation of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca²? leak by cytosolic Ca²? in rabbit ventricular myocytes. J Physiol. 2011;589:6039-50 pubmed publisher..As RyR activity depends highly on [Ca(2+)](i) and [Ca(2+)](SR), SR Ca(2+) leak remains relatively constant during the declining phase of the Ca(2+) transient when [Ca(2+)](SR) and [Ca(2+)](i) change in opposite directions. ..
- Massodi I, Raucher D. A thermally responsive Tat-elastin-like polypeptide fusion protein induces membrane leakage, apoptosis, and cell death in human breast cancer cells. J Drug Target. 2007;15:611-22 pubmed..We found that Tat-ELP1 combined with hyperthermia caused membrane leakage and apoptosis, resulting in cell death, but no hemolytic effect was observed on murine erythrocytes. ..
- Barry E, Gesek F, Friedman P. Introduction of antisense oligonucleotides into cells by permeabilization with streptolysin O. Biotechniques. 1993;15:1016-8, 1020 pubmed..These results demonstrate the effectiveness of streptolysin O permeabilization as a means for simple and rapid introduction of oligonucleotides into eukaryotic cells. ..
- Hu B, Zheng G. Membrane disruption: an early event of hair cell apoptosis induced by exposure to intense noise. Brain Res. 2008;1239:107-18 pubmed publisher..Notably, despite the membrane damage, hair cells continue to undergo the apoptotic process, leading to the generation of a type of apoptosis with early membrane damage...
- Du Z, Hu B, Ayala M, Sauer B, Zhang S. Cre recombination-mediated cassette exchange for building versatile transgenic human embryonic stem cells lines. Stem Cells. 2009;27:1032-41 pubmed publisher..This strategy and the master cell lines allow for rapid production of transgenic hESC lines in ordinary laboratories. ..
- Elssner A, Duncan M, Gavrilin M, Wewers M. A novel P2X7 receptor activator, the human cathelicidin-derived peptide LL37, induces IL-1 beta processing and release. J Immunol. 2004;172:4987-94 pubmed..We conclude that endogenous LL37 may promote IL-1 beta processing and release via direct activation of P2X(7) receptors. ..
- Chenoweth D, Harki D, Phillips J, Dose C, Dervan P. Cyclic pyrrole-imidazole polyamides targeted to the androgen response element. J Am Chem Soc. 2009;131:7182-8 pubmed publisher..We find that cyclic Py-Im polyamides 1-3 bind DNA with exceptionally high affinities and regulate the expression of AR target genes in cell culture studies, from which we infer that the cycle is cell permeable. ..
- Patel D, Zhang X, Veenstra R. Connexin hemichannel and pannexin channel electrophysiology: how do they differ?. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:1372-8 pubmed publisher..Cell pair electrophysiological assays permit the relative assessment of the connexin hemichannel/gap junction channel ratio not often considered when performing isolated cell hemichannel studies. ..
- Fissell W, Manley S, Dubnisheva A, Glass J, Magistrelli J, Eldridge A, et al. Ficoll is not a rigid sphere. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;293:F1209-13 pubmed..The apparent hyperpermeability of Ficoll through slit-shaped pores suggests that further modeling incorporating deformation of the molecule is necessary when using Ficoll solutions to characterize membranes. ..
- Sa G, Das T, Moon C, Hilston C, Rayman P, Rini B, et al. GD3, an overexpressed tumor-derived ganglioside, mediates the apoptosis of activated but not resting T cells. Cancer Res. 2009;69:3095-104 pubmed publisher..RelA overexpression endows Jurkat cells with resistance to GD3-mediated apoptosis, verifying the role of the intact transcription factor in mediating protection from the ganglioside. ..
- Kelly E, Hou Z, Bossuyt J, Bers D, Robia S. Phospholamban oligomerization, quaternary structure, and sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum calcium ATPase binding measured by fluorescence resonance energy transfer in living cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12202-11 pubmed publisher..Truncation of the transmembrane domain by L39Stop mutation prevents anchoring of the protein in the membrane, greatly reducing PLB binding to itself or its regulatory target, SERCA. ..
- Minnear F, Patil S, Bell D, Gainor J, Morton C. Platelet lipid(s) bound to albumin increases endothelial electrical resistance: mimicked by LPA. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2001;281:L1337-44 pubmed..These findings indicate that a bioactive lipid(s), possibly LPA, released from platelets and subsequently bound to albumin forms an active complex that decreases endothelial permeability...
- Costales J, Rowland E. A role for protease activity and host-cell permeability during the process of Trypanosoma cruzi egress from infected cells. J Parasitol. 2007;93:1350-9 pubmed publisher..The findings reported herein might have implications in the process of T. cruzi egress, as well as in the mechanism of action of antiegressin. ..
- Bothun G, Rabideau A, Stoner M. Hepatoma cell uptake of cationic multifluorescent quantum dot liposomes. J Phys Chem B. 2009;113:7725-8 pubmed publisher..If coupled with an encapsulated drug, QD-Ls could be multifunctional and provide imaging, detection, and drug delivery in a single assembly. ..
- Hong M, Gleason Y, Wyckoff E, Payne S. Identification of two Shigella flexneri chromosomal loci involved in intercellular spreading. Infect Immun. 1998;66:4700-10 pubmed..flexneri. The mutant with the insertion at 28 min was interrupted in the same open reading frame as S. flexneri ispA. This ispA mutant could not form plaques and was defective in bacterial septation inside tissue culture cells...
- Agca Y, Gilmore J, Byers M, Woods E, Liu J, Critser J. Osmotic characteristics of mouse spermatozoa in the presence of extenders and sugars. Biol Reprod. 2002;67:1493-501 pubmed..However, for B6C3F1 spermatozoa, Gly required a two-step addition while EG only required a single step. For removal from B6C3F1 sperm, Gly required a three-step removal process while EG required a two-step removal. ..
- Glimcher S, Holman D, Lubow M, Grzybowski D. Ex vivo model of cerebrospinal fluid outflow across human arachnoid granulations. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:4721-8 pubmed publisher..This is a topic for further investigation. ..
- Dougherty P, Qian Z, Pei D. Macrocycles as protein-protein interaction inhibitors. Biochem J. 2017;474:1109-1125 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss these methods and their applications in the discovery of macrocyclic compounds against protein-protein interactions. ..
- Levin E, Rosen G, Cassidenti D, Yee B, Meldrum D, Wisot A, et al. Role of vascular endothelial cell growth factor in Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. J Clin Invest. 1998;102:1978-85 pubmed..Our results indicate that VEGF is the FF factor responsible for increased vascular permeability, thereby contributing to the pathogenesis of OHSS. ..
- Goel M, Schilling W. Role of TRPC3 channels in ATP-induced Ca2+ signaling in principal cells of the inner medullary collecting duct. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F225-33 pubmed publisher..Only activation of TRPC3 leads to net transepithelial apical-to-basolateral Ca(2+) flux. Furthermore, these results demonstrate that native TRPC3 is not a store-operated channel in IMCD-3 cells. ..
- Gerk P, Moscow J, McNamara P. Basolateral active uptake of nitrofurantoin in the CIT3 cell culture model of lactation. Drug Metab Dispos. 2003;31:691-3 pubmed..This mechanism may influence the exposure of suckling infants to xenobiotics, as well as having potentially toxic effects on the lactating mammary epithelium and possibly altering the nutritional quality of the milk. ..
- Parkerson K, Sontheimer H. Biophysical and pharmacological characterization of hypotonically activated chloride currents in cortical astrocytes. Glia. 2004;46:419-36 pubmed..Intriguingly, although we found at least seven Cl- channel proteins from three different gene families in astrocytes, none appeared to be active in resting cells. ..
- Jackson M, Chapman E. Fusion pores and fusion machines in Ca2+-triggered exocytosis. Annu Rev Biophys Biomol Struct. 2006;35:135-60 pubmed..We summarize present knowledge of fusion machines and fusion pores studied in vitro, in neurons, and in neuroendocrine cells, and synthesize this knowledge into some specific and detailed hypotheses for exocytosis. ..
- Behling Kelly E, McClenahan D, Kim K, Czuprynski C. Viable "Haemophilus somnus" induces myosin light-chain kinase-dependent decrease in brain endothelial cell monolayer resistance. Infect Immun. 2007;75:4572-81 pubmed..The data from this study support the hypothesis that viable H. somnus alters integrity of the blood-brain barrier by promoting contraction of BBEC and increasing paracellular permeability of the CNS vasculature...
- Borda J, Alvarez X, Mohan M, Hasegawa A, Bernardino A, Jean S, et al. CD163, a marker of perivascular macrophages, is up-regulated by microglia in simian immunodeficiency virus encephalitis after haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex stimulation and is suggestive of breakdown of the blood-brain barrier. Am J Pathol. 2008;172:725-37 pubmed publisher
- Du J, Xie J, Zhang Z, Tsujikawa H, Fusco D, Silverman D, et al. TRPM7-mediated Ca2+ signals confer fibrogenesis in human atrial fibrillation. Circ Res. 2010;106:992-1003 pubmed publisher..Our results establish that TRPM7 is the major Ca(2+)-permeable channel in human atrial fibroblasts and likely plays an essential role in TGF-beta1-elicited fibrogenesis in human AF. ..
- Gorodeski G. cGMP-dependent ADP depolymerization of actin mediates estrogen increase in cervical epithelial permeability. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2000;279:C2028-36 pubmed..These results indicate that estrogen, nitric oxide (NO), and cGMP stimulate actin depolymerization. A possible mechanism is NO-induced, cGMP-dependent protein kinase augmentation of ADP-ribosylation of monomeric actin...
- Basu S, Mohan M, Luo X, Kundu B, Kong Q, Singh N. Modulation of proteinase K-resistant prion protein in cells and infectious brain homogenate by redox iron: implications for prion replication and disease pathogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3302-12 pubmed..These data provide information on the mechanism of replication and toxicity by PrP(Sc), and they evoke predictable and therapeutically amenable ways of modulating PrP(Sc) load. ..
- Zhou Q, Zhang B, Verne G. Intestinal membrane permeability and hypersensitivity in the irritable bowel syndrome. Pain. 2009;146:41-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, increased intestinal membrane permeability in D-IBS patients may lead to more severe IBS symptoms and hypersensitivity to somatic and visceral stimuli. ..
- Cowart M, Hsieh G, Black L, Zhan C, Gomez E, Pai M, et al. Pharmacological characterization of A-960656, a histamine H? receptor antagonist with efficacy in animal models of osteoarthritis and neuropathic pain. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;684:87-94 pubmed publisher..Its potency and efficacy in animal pain models provide support to the notion that histamine H(3) receptor antagonists are effective in attenuating nociceptive processes...
- Medepalli K, Alphenaar B, Keynton R, Sethu P. A new technique for reversible permeabilization of live cells for intracellular delivery of quantum dots. Nanotechnology. 2013;24:205101 pubmed publisher..The best results were obtained when the cells were treated with 50 ?g ml?¹ Saponin in a hypotonic buffer at a 3:2 physiological buffer:DI water ratio for 5 min at 4?°C. ..
- Denlinger L, Angelini G, Schell K, Green D, Guadarrama A, Prabhu U, et al. Detection of human P2X7 nucleotide receptor polymorphisms by a novel monocyte pore assay predictive of alterations in lipopolysaccharide-induced cytokine production. J Immunol. 2005;174:4424-31 pubmed
- Opata M, Izevbigie E. Aqueous Vernomia amygdalina extracts alter MCF-7 cell membrane permeability and efflux. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2006;3:174-9 pubmed..05). The amount of [3H]thymidine released into the medium was 1.7, 7.4, and 11.0 % for 0, 30, and 100 mug/ml VA respectively. Thus suggesting the membranes in VA-treated cells were compromised in a concentration-dependent fashion...
- Babich O, Reeves J, Shirokov R. Block of CaV1.2 channels by Gd3+ reveals preopening transitions in the selectivity filter. J Gen Physiol. 2007;129:461-75 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that at submicromolar concentrations, Gd(3+) binds at the entry to the selectivity locus and that the affinity of the site for permeant ions decreases during preopening transitions of the channel...
- Sloan C, Audus K, Aldrich J, Lunte S. The permeation of dynorphin A 1-6 across the blood brain barrier and its effect on bovine brain microvessel endothelial cell monolayer permeability. Peptides. 2012;38:414-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the permeation of the BBB by the low molecular weight permeability marker fluorescein was characterized in the presence and absences of Dyn A 1-6. ..
- Gorodeski G. Calcium regulates estrogen increase in permeability of cultured CaSki epithelium by eNOS-dependent mechanism. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2000;279:C1495-505 pubmed
- Srinivas S, Satpathy M, Guo Y, Anandan V. Histamine-induced phosphorylation of the regulatory light chain of myosin II disrupts the barrier integrity of corneal endothelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:4011-8 pubmed..Last, elevated cAMP prevents histamine-induced loss of the barrier integrity, not only by blocking inactivation of MLC phosphatase but also by inactivating MLCK. ..
- Perchellet E, Wang Y, Lou K, Zhao H, Battina S, Hua D, et al. Antitumor triptycene analogs directly interact with isolated mitochondria to rapidly trigger markers of permeability transition. Anticancer Res. 2007;27:3259-71 pubmed
- Chhabra A. Mitochondria-centric activation induced cell death of cytolytic T lymphocytes and its implications for cancer immunotherapy. Vaccine. 2010;28:4566-72 pubmed publisher..We will also discuss the involvement of mitochondria-centric death pathway in AICD of human tumor associated antigen-specific primary CTL and its implications in cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Ogando D, Jalimarada S, Zhang W, Vithana E, Bonanno J. SLC4A11 is an EIPA-sensitive Na(+) permeable pHi regulator. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2013;305:C716-27 pubmed publisher..In summary our results show that SLC4A11 is not a bicarbonate or borate-linked transporter but has significant EIPA-sensitive Na(+)-OH(-)(H(+)) and NH4(+) permeability. ..
- Duan S, Hajek P, Lin C, Shin S, Attardi G, Chomyn A. Mitochondrial outer membrane permeability change and hypersensitivity to digitonin early in staurosporine-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:1346-53 pubmed..Our experiments have thus revealed early changes in the outer mitochondrial membrane, which take place long before cytochrome c is released from mitochondria in intact cells. ..
- Chen W, Harnett M, Smith S. Modulation of neuronal voltage-activated calcium and sodium channels by polyamines and pH. Channels (Austin). 2007;1:281-90 pubmed..Many of the observed effects can be explained by a model incorporating polyamine binding, H(+) binding and surface charge screening. ..
- Prudovsky I, Kacer D, Davis J, Shah V, Jayanthi S, Huber I, et al. Folding of Fibroblast Growth Factor 1 Is Critical for Its Nonclassical Release. Biochemistry. 2016;55:1159-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, folding of FGF1 is critical for its nonclassical secretion. ..
- Swenson E, Tewson T, Wistrand P, Ridderstrale Y, Tu C. Biochemical, histological, and inhibitor studies of membrane carbonic anhydrase in frog gastric acid secretion. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2001;281:G61-8 pubmed
- Tyagi N, Moshal K, Tyagi S, Lominadze D. gamma-Aminbuturic acid A receptor mitigates homocysteine-induced endothelial cell permeability. Endothelium. 2007;14:315-23 pubmed..The data suggest that Hcy increases EC layer permeability through inhibition of GABA(A) receptor and F-actin formation, in part, by transducing ERK and MMP-9 activation. ..
- Blum A, Joseph S, Przybylski R, Dubyak G. Rho-family GTPases modulate Ca(2+) -dependent ATP release from astrocytes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;295:C231-41 pubmed publisher..ATP release was also markedly repressed by the gap junction channel inhibitor carbenoxolone in the absence of any obvious thrombin-induced change in membrane permeability indicative of hemichannel gating. ..
- Petrus A, Allis D, Smith R, Fairchild T, Doyle R. Exploring the implications of vitamin B12 conjugation to insulin on insulin receptor binding. ChemMedChem. 2009;4:421-6 pubmed publisher..This outcome offers significant research scope for chemical modification of insulin with the purpose of improving oral-uptake efficiency. ..
- Li Y, Kranias E, Mignery G, Bers D. Protein kinase A phosphorylation of the ryanodine receptor does not affect calcium sparks in mouse ventricular myocytes. Circ Res. 2002;90:309-16 pubmed..Moreover, the data provide compelling evidence that elevated intra-SR [Ca2+] increases RyR gating independent of cytosolic [Ca2+] (which was clamped). ..