Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell membrane permeability in Argentina
Topic: cell membrane permeability
- Bellati J, Alleva K, Soto G, Vitali V, Jozefkowicz C, Amodeo G. Intracellular pH sensing is altered by plasma membrane PIP aquaporin co-expression. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;74:105-18 pubmed publisher..These results prove for the first time that PIP co-expression modulates the membrane water permeability through a pH regulatory response, enhancing in this way membrane versatility to adjust its water transfer capacity...
- Lipovsek M, Im G, Franchini L, Pisciottano F, Katz E, Fuchs P, et al. Phylogenetic differences in calcium permeability of the auditory hair cell cholinergic nicotinic receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4308-13 pubmed publisher..In addition, they suggest that high Ca(2+) permeability of the ?9?10 cholinergic nicotinic receptor might have evolved together with other features that have given the mammalian ear an expanded high-frequency sensitivity...
- Alleva K, Chara O, Amodeo G. Aquaporins: another piece in the osmotic puzzle. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:2991-9 pubmed publisher..Critical aspects of the state of the state of knowledge on osmosis, a topic that has been studied since 19th century, are reviewed and integrated with the available information provided by in vivo, in vitro and in silico approaches. ..
- Di Giusto G, Flamenco P, Rivarola V, Fernandez J, Melamud L, Ford P, et al. Aquaporin 2-increased renal cell proliferation is associated with cell volume regulation. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:3721-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, during cell cycle, a coordinated modulation of the RVD activity may contribute to accelerate proliferation of cells expressing AQP2. ..
- Pérez C, Sobarzo C, Jacobo P, Pellizzari E, Cigorraga S, Denduchis B, et al. Loss of occludin expression and impairment of blood-testis barrier permeability in rats with autoimmune orchitis: effect of interleukin 6 on Sertoli cell tight junctions. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:122 pubmed publisher..These data indicate the possibility that IL6 might be involved in the downregulation of occludin expression and in the modulation of BTB permeability that occur in rats undergoing autoimmune orchitis...
- Jozefkowicz C, Rosi P, Sigaut L, Soto G, Pietrasanta L, Amodeo G, et al. Loop A is critical for the functional interaction of two Beta vulgaris PIP aquaporins. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57993 pubmed publisher..We postulate that BvPIP2;1 loop A is relevant for the lack of functional interaction with BvPIP1;1 and that the monomer composition of PIP assemblies determines their functional properties. ..
- Jozefkowicz C, Sigaut L, Scochera F, Soto G, Ayub N, Pietrasanta L, et al. PIP Water Transport and Its pH Dependence Are Regulated by Tetramer Stoichiometry. Biophys J. 2016;110:1312-21 pubmed publisher..This represents, to our knowledge, a novel regulatory mechanism to adjust water transport across the plasma membrane. ..