Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: cell line
Publications1282 found, 100 shown here
- Mans J, Baker H, Oda D, Lamont R, Handfield M. Distinctive characteristics of transcriptional profiles from two epithelial cell lines upon interaction with Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2006;21:261-7 pubmed..These differences were predominantly found in pathways that are associated with host-pathogen interactions. ..
- Hobbs J. Detection of adeno-associated virus 2 and parvovirus B19 in the human dorsolateral prefrontal cortex. J Neurovirol. 2006;12:190-9 pubmed
- Pal S, Wu J, Murray J, Gellman S, Wozniak M, Keely P, et al. An antiangiogenic neurokinin-B/thromboxane A2 regulatory axis. J Cell Biol. 2006;174:1047-58 pubmed..These results establish a conserved mechanism in which NK-B instigates multiple activities that collectively oppose vascular remodeling. ..
- Turakhia S, Venkatakrishnan C, Dunsmore K, Wong H, Kuppusamy P, Zweier J, et al. Doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity: direct correlation of cardiac fibroblast and H9c2 cell survival and aconitase activity with heat shock protein 27. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H3111-21 pubmed..Such a protection of aconitase by HSP27 eliminates the catalytic recycling of aconitase released Fe(II) and its deleterious effects in cardiac cells...
- Schmidt R, Park C, Ahmed A, Gundelach J, Reed N, Cheng S, et al. Inhibition of RAS-mediated transformation and tumorigenesis by targeting the downstream E3 ubiquitin ligase seven in absentia homologue. Cancer Res. 2007;67:11798-810 pubmed..Thus, SIAH may offer a novel therapeutic target to halt tumor growth and ameliorate RAS-mediated pancreatic cancer. ..
- Pierce A, Bliesner B, Xu M, Nielsen Preiss S, Lemke G, Tobet S, et al. Axl and Tyro3 modulate female reproduction by influencing gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuron survival and migration. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:2481-95 pubmed publisher..Together these data suggest that Axl and Tyro3 mediate the survival and appropriate targeting of GnRH neurons to the ventral forebrain, thereby contributing to normal reproductive function and cyclicity in the female. ..
- Arias H, Gumilar F, Rosenberg A, Targowska Duda K, Feuerbach D, Jozwiak K, et al. Interaction of bupropion with muscle-type nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in different conformational states. Biochemistry. 2009;48:4506-18 pubmed publisher..Bupropion interacts with a luminal binding domain shared with PCP that is located between the serine and valine rings, and this interaction is mediated mainly by an entropy-driven process. ..
- Chiu H, Yang J, Soni S, Kulp S, Gunn J, Schlesinger L, et al. Pharmacological exploitation of an off-target antibacterial effect of the cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor celecoxib against Francisella tularensis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009;53:2998-3002 pubmed publisher..Together, these data support the translational potential of compound 20 for the further development of novel, potent anti-Francisella agents. ..
- Sindic A, Huang C, Chen A, Ding Y, Miller Little W, Che D, et al. MUPP1 complexes renal K+ channels to alter cell surface expression and whole cell currents. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F36-45 pubmed publisher..2 interacts selectively with MUPP1 to affect its cell surface expression. Thus MUPP1 and Kir4.2 may participate in a protein complex in the nephron that could regulate transport of K(+) as well as other ions. ..
- Wu F, Wuensch S, Azadniv M, Ebrahimkhani M, Crispe I. Galactosylated LDL nanoparticles: a novel targeting delivery system to deliver antigen to macrophages and enhance antigen specific T cell responses. Mol Pharm. 2009;6:1506-17 pubmed publisher..It may also be an effective way of delivering drugs or vaccines directly at macrophages. ..
- Panguluri S, Kakar S. Effect of PTTG on endogenous gene expression in HEK 293 cells. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:577 pubmed publisher..The microarray analysis in the present study demonstrated that PTTG may induce apoptosis by down-regulation of oncogenes such as v-Jun and v-maf and up-regulation of the histone family of genes. ..
- Arias H, Rosenberg A, Targowska Duda K, Feuerbach D, Yuan X, Jozwiak K, et al. Interaction of ibogaine with human alpha3beta4-nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in different conformational states. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;42:1525-35 pubmed
- Kahan S, Liu G, Reinhard M, Hsu C, Livingston R, Karst S. Comparative murine norovirus studies reveal a lack of correlation between intestinal virus titers and enteric pathology. Virology. 2011;421:202-10 pubmed publisher..This disease profile recapitulates several key features of acute gastroenteritis experienced by people infected with a human norovirus. ..
- Ghonime M, Shamaa O, Eldomany R, Gavrilin M, Wewers M. Tyrosine phosphatase inhibition induces an ASC-dependent pyroptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;425:384-9 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that pyroptotic death is linked to tyrosine phosphatase activity providing novel targets for future pharmacologic interventions. ..
- Itokazu Y, Pagano R, Schroeder A, O Grady S, Limper A, Marks D. Reduced GM1 ganglioside in CFTR-deficient human airway cells results in decreased ?1-integrin signaling and delayed wound repair. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2014;306:C819-30 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for the pathology of cystic fibrosis, where altered sphingolipid levels in airway epithelial cells could result in a diminished capacity for wound repair after injury. ..
- Wang D, Hevey M, Juompan L, Trubey C, Raja N, Deitz S, et al. Complex adenovirus-vectored vaccine protects guinea pigs from three strains of Marburg virus challenges. Virology. 2006;353:324-32 pubmed..Therefore, the cAdVaxM(fus) vaccine serves as a promising vaccine candidate to prevent and contain multi-strain infections by MARV...
- Modzelewska K, Newman L, Desai R, Keely P. Ack1 mediates Cdc42-dependent cell migration and signaling to p130Cas. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:37527-35 pubmed..These results suggest that Cdc42 exerts its effects on cell migration in part through its effector Ack1, which regulates p130(Cas) signaling. ..
- Wang F, St Gelais C, de Silva S, Zhang H, Geng Y, Shepard C, et al. Phosphorylation of mouse SAMHD1 regulates its restriction of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection, but not murine leukemia virus infection. Virology. 2016;487:273-84 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that phosphorylation of mSAMHD1 at T634 by CDK1/2 negatively regulates its HIV-1 restriction in differentiated cells, but does not affect its MLV restriction in dividing cells. ..
- Pamer E, Wang C, Flaherty L, Lindahl K, Bevan M. H-2M3 presents a Listeria monocytogenes peptide to cytotoxic T lymphocytes. Cell. 1992;70:215-23 pubmed..Transfection with the H-2M3d gene enables a negative (H-2w17) cell line to present the bacterial peptide. One function, therefore, of H-2M3 is to present bacterial peptides to CTL during infection. ..
- Luo Y, Hara H, Haruta Y, Seon B. Establishment of ascitic tumor of human pre-B acute lymphoblastic leukemia in nonconditioned nude mice. Cancer Res. 1989;49:706-10 pubmed
- Frazier Jessen M, Kovacs E. Estrogen modulation of JE/monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 mRNA expression in murine macrophages. J Immunol. 1995;154:1838-45 pubmed..Thus, another mechanism whereby estrogen exerts antiatherogenic effects may be through prevention of macrophage accumulation in the atherosclerotic lesion. ..
- Ohno K, Wang H, Milone M, Bren N, Brengman J, Nakano S, et al. Congenital myasthenic syndrome caused by decreased agonist binding affinity due to a mutation in the acetylcholine receptor epsilon subunit. Neuron. 1996;17:157-70 pubmed..Studies of the engineered epsilon P121L AChR revealed a markedly decreased rate of channel opening, little change in affinity of the resting state for ACh, but reduced affinity of the open channel and desensitized states. ..
- Smith L, Cheung H, Ling L, Chen J, Sheppard D, Pytela R, et al. Osteopontin N-terminal domain contains a cryptic adhesive sequence recognized by alpha9beta1 integrin. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:28485-91 pubmed..We also demonstrate that osteopontin contains a cryptic binding activity, which can be recognized by a novel osteopontin receptor. This receptor has been identified as the alpha9beta1 integrin. ..
- Lin T, Chang C. Cloning and characterization of TDD5, an androgen target gene that is differentially repressed by testosterone and dihydrotestosterone. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:4988-93 pubmed
- Barton B, Murphy T, Adem P, Watson R, Irwin R, Huang H. IL-6 signaling by STAT3 participates in the change from hyperplasia to neoplasia in NRP-152 and NRP-154 rat prostatic epithelial cells. BMC Cancer. 2001;1:19 pubmed..The significance of alternative IL-6 signaling pathways in the different phenotypes of the 2 cell lines is discussed. ..
- Dua R, Levy D, Li C, Snow P, Campbell J. In vivo reconstitution of Saccharomyces cerevisiae DNA polymerase epsilon in insect cells. Purification and characterization. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7889-96 pubmed..Mutations of the conserved cysteines in the putative zinc finger domain reduced zinc binding, indicating that cysteine ligands are directly involved in binding zinc. ..
- Blouin E, De La Fuente J, Garcia Garcia J, Sauer J, Saliki J, Kocan K. Applications of a cell culture system for studying the interaction of Anaplasma marginale with tick cells. Anim Health Res Rev. 2002;3:57-68 pubmed..marginale-tick interactions. Information gained from these studies may be applicable to other closely related tick-borne pathogens that have been propagated in the same tick cell line...
- Guang S, Felthauser A, Mertz J. Binding of hnRNP L to the pre-mRNA processing enhancer of the herpes simplex virus thymidine kinase gene enhances both polyadenylation and nucleocytoplasmic export of intronless mRNAs. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6303-13 pubmed
- Leblanc S, Jang S, Ward R, Wrabetz L, Svaren J. Direct regulation of myelin protein zero expression by the Egr2 transactivator. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:5453-60 pubmed
- Kapur N, Banach K. Inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate-mediated spontaneous activity in mouse embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes. J Physiol. 2007;581:1113-27 pubmed..The results of this study offer important insight into the role of IP3R-mediated Ca2+ release for pacemaker activity in differentiating cardiomyocytes. ..
- Resnick A, Hopfer U. Force-response considerations in ciliary mechanosensation. Biophys J. 2007;93:1380-90 pubmed..Regardless, the findings indicate that the cilium is a mechanosensory organelle with a sensitivity much lower than previously recognized. ..
- Chou S, Tomasi T. Spatial distribution of histone methylation during MHC class II expression. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:971-80 pubmed..In addition, the different spatial distribution of the lysine methylation markers along the gene suggests that these modifications play a distinctive role during different phases of the transcription process. ..
- Rice A, Mendez M, Hokanson C, Rees D, Bjorkman P. Investigation of the biophysical and cell biological properties of ferroportin, a multipass integral membrane protein iron exporter. J Mol Biol. 2009;386:717-32 pubmed publisher..The characterizations reported here form a basis upon which models for ferroportin's role in regulating iron homeostasis in health and disease can be interpreted. ..
- Eisele N, Anderson D. Dual-function antibodies to Yersinia pestis LcrV required for pulmonary clearance of plague. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2009;16:1720-7 pubmed publisher..pestis by antibodies requires both the neutralization of the TTSS and the simultaneous stimulation of innate signaling pathways used by phagocytic cells to destroy pathogens. ..
- Byun H, Halani N, Mertz J, Ali A, Lozano M, Dudley J. Retroviral Rem protein requires processing by signal peptidase and retrotranslocation for nuclear function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12287-92 pubmed publisher..Our results provide an example of a SP that is processed by signal peptidase and retrotranslocated to allow nuclear localization and function. ..
- Kamath Loeb A, Loeb L, Fry M. The Werner syndrome protein is distinguished from the Bloom syndrome protein by its capacity to tightly bind diverse DNA structures. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30189 pubmed publisher..We raise the possibility that in addition to its enzymatic activities WRN may act as a scaffold for the assembly on DNA of additional DNA processing proteins. ..
- Wuthrich M, Ersland K, Sullivan T, Galles K, Klein B. Fungi subvert vaccine T cell priming at the respiratory mucosa by preventing chemokine-induced influx of inflammatory monocytes. Immunity. 2012;36:680-92 pubmed publisher..Mucosal vaccination against fungi and perhaps other respiratory pathogens may require manipulation of host MMPs in order to alter chemokine signals needed to recruit Ly6C(hi) monocytes and prime T cells at the respiratory mucosa...
- Diaz F, McDonald P, Roy A, Taylor B, Price A, Hall J, et al. Compound ranking based on a new mathematical measure of effectiveness using time course data from cell-based assays. Comb Chem High Throughput Screen. 2013;16:168-79 pubmed..Our approach may also be a good alternative to computing the half maximal effective concentration (EC??) in studies searching for compounds that promote cell growth. ..
- Yip D, Cho C. A multicellular 3D heterospheroid model of liver tumor and stromal cells in collagen gel for anti-cancer drug testing. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;433:327-32 pubmed publisher..This study will provide useful information toward the development of improved biomimetic tumor models in vitro for cancer research in pre-clinical drug development. ..
- Pandi G, Nakka V, Dharap A, Roopra A, Vemuganti R. MicroRNA miR-29c down-regulation leading to de-repression of its target DNA methyltransferase 3a promotes ischemic brain damage. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58039 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, REST is an upstream transcriptional controller of miR-29c and curtailing REST induction prevents miR-29c down-regulation and ischemic neuronal death. ..
- Kleino A, Ramia N, Bozkurt G, Shen Y, Nailwal H, Huang J, et al. Peptidoglycan-Sensing Receptors Trigger the Formation of Functional Amyloids of the Adaptor Protein Imd to Initiate Drosophila NF-κB Signaling. Immunity. 2017;47:635-647.e6 pubmed publisher..Thus, diverse sequence motifs are capable of forming amyloidal signaling platforms, and the formation of these platforms may present a regulatory point in multiple biological processes. ..
- Rose P, Fernandes P, Lynch J, Frazier S, Fisher S, Kodukula K, et al. Cloning and functional expression of a cDNA encoding a human type 2 neuropeptide Y receptor. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:22661-4 pubmed
- Ayer D, Lawrence Q, Eisenman R. Mad-Max transcriptional repression is mediated by ternary complex formation with mammalian homologs of yeast repressor Sin3. Cell. 1995;80:767-76 pubmed..We suggest that Mad-Max represses transcription by tethering mSin3 to DNA as corepressors and that a transcriptional repression mechanism is conserved from yeast to mammals. ..
- Haug Collet K, Pearson B, Webel R, Szerencsei R, Winkfein R, Schnetkamp P, et al. Cloning and characterization of a potassium-dependent sodium/calcium exchanger in Drosophila. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:659-70 pubmed..Nckx30C may not only function in the removal of calcium and maintenance of calcium homeostasis during signaling in the adult, but may also play a critical role in signaling during development. ..
- Stroetz R, Vlahakis N, Walters B, Schroeder M, Hubmayr R. Validation of a new live cell strain system: characterization of plasma membrane stress failure. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;90:2361-70 pubmed..We conclude that the strain-injury threshold of A549 cells is reduced at low temperatures, and we consider temperature effects on plasma-membrane fluidity, cytoskeletal stiffness, and lipid trafficking as responsible mechanisms...
- Tucker K, Berciano M, Jacobs E, LePage D, Shpargel K, Rossire J, et al. Residual Cajal bodies in coilin knockout mice fail to recruit Sm snRNPs and SMN, the spinal muscular atrophy gene product. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:293-307 pubmed
- Rong R, He Q, Liu Y, Sheikh M, Huang Y. TC21 mediates transformation and cell survival via activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt and NF-kappaB signaling pathway. Oncogene. 2002;21:1062-70 pubmed..In conclusion, we have identified PI3-K as an effector of TC21 and demonstrated that the PI3-K/Akt signaling pathway plays important roles in TC21-mediated transformation and cell survival. ..
- Topp J, Gray N, Gerard R, Horazdovsky B. Alsin is a Rab5 and Rac1 guanine nucleotide exchange factor. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24612-23 pubmed..We also found that alsin was present in membrane ruffles and lamellipodia. These data suggest that alsin is involved in membrane transport events, potentially linking endocytic processes and actin cytoskeleton remodeling. ..
- Saugstad J, Roberts J, Dong J, Zeitouni S, Evans R. Analysis of the membrane topology of the acid-sensing ion channel 2a. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:55514-9 pubmed..These data confirm the membrane topology prediction that the ASIC2a subtype consists of intracellular amino and carboxyl termini and two transmembrane domains connected by a large extracellular loop. ..
- Tsacoumangos A, Tsacoumango A, Kil S, Ma L, SONNICHSEN F, Carlin C. A novel dileucine lysosomal-sorting-signal mediates intracellular EGF-receptor retention independently of protein ubiquitylation. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:3959-71 pubmed..Taken together, these data show that 679-LL is an alpha-helical stabilizing motif that regulates a predominant step during lysosomal sorting, involving intracellular retention under both sub-saturating and saturating conditions. ..
- Vodyanik M, Thomson J, Slukvin I. Leukosialin (CD43) defines hematopoietic progenitors in human embryonic stem cell differentiation cultures. Blood. 2006;108:2095-105 pubmed..CD34(+)CD43(+)CD45(+)Lin(-) cells were largely devoid of VE-cadherin and KDR expression and had a distinct FLT3(high)GATA3(low)RUNX1(low)PU1(high)MPO(high)IL7RA(high) gene expression profile. ..
- Gorodeski G. Estrogen modulation of MgATPase activity of nonmuscle myosin-II-B filaments. Endocrinology. 2007;148:279-92 pubmed
- Bolinger C, Yilmaz A, Hartman T, Kovacic M, Fernandez S, Ye J, et al. RNA helicase A interacts with divergent lymphotropic retroviruses and promotes translation of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:2629-42 pubmed..We speculate divergent retroviruses have evolved a convergent RNA-protein interaction to modulate translation of their highly structured mRNA...
- Agrawal S, Febbraio M, Podrez E, Cathcart M, Stark G, Chisolm G. Signal transducer and activator of transcription 1 is required for optimal foam cell formation and atherosclerotic lesion development. Circulation. 2007;115:2939-47 pubmed..Stat1 deficiency reduces atherosclerosis in an apolipoprotein e-/- atherosclerosis-susceptible bone marrow transplantation model. ..
- Gandhi P, Wang X, Zhu X, Chen S, Wilson Delfosse A. The Roc domain of leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 is sufficient for interaction with microtubules. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:1711-20 pubmed publisher..These findings are significant in that they link LRRK2 with microtubules, a structural component of the cell that is critically involved in the pathogenesis of several neurodegenerative diseases, including PD. ..
- Wang L, Lee J, Lin C, Lee M. Rho GTPases mediated integrin alpha v beta 3 activation in sphingosine-1-phosphate stimulated chemotaxis of endothelial cells. Histochem Cell Biol. 2008;129:579-88 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that the S1P-mediated signaling via the S1P1/Gi/Rho GTPases pathway activates integrin alpha v beta 3, which is indispensable for S1P-stimulated chemotactic response of ECs. ..
- Peng D, Brubaker G, Wu Z, Zheng L, Willard B, Kinter M, et al. Apolipoprotein A-I tryptophan substitution leads to resistance to myeloperoxidase-mediated loss of function. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:2063-70 pubmed publisher..We tried to determine which residues mediated this inactivation and create an oxidant-resistant apoAI variant...
- Sofia M, Bao D, Chang W, Du J, Nagarathnam D, Rachakonda S, et al. Discovery of a ?-d-2'-deoxy-2'-?-fluoro-2'-?-C-methyluridine nucleotide prodrug (PSI-7977) for the treatment of hepatitis C virus. J Med Chem. 2010;53:7202-18 pubmed publisher..51 (PSI-7977) was selected as a clinical development candidate. ..
- Wang H, Li Z, Liu Y, Persson J, Beyer I, Moller T, et al. Desmoglein 2 is a receptor for adenovirus serotypes 3, 7, 11 and 14. Nat Med. 2011;17:96-104 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed light on adenovirus biology and pathogenesis and may have implications for cancer therapy. ..
- Kiraly D, Stone K, Colangelo C, Abbott T, Wang Y, Mains R, et al. Identification of kalirin-7 as a potential post-synaptic density signaling hub. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:2828-41 pubmed publisher..We postulate that the kinase convergence and divergence observed in Kal7 identify it as a key player in integration of the multiple inputs that regulate synaptic structure and function. ..
- Thompson W, Majid A, Czymmek K, Ruff A, Garcia J, Duncan R, et al. Association of the ?(2)?(1) subunit with Ca(v)3.2 enhances membrane expression and regulates mechanically induced ATP release in MLO-Y4 osteocytes. J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:2125-39 pubmed publisher..2 (?(1H)) at the plasma membrane, suggesting that the diminished ATP release and ERK1/2 activation in response to membrane stretch resulted from a lack of Ca(v) 3.2 (?(1H)) at the cell membrane...
- Csóka B, Selmeczy Z, Koscsó B, Németh Z, Pacher P, Murray P, et al. Adenosine promotes alternative macrophage activation via A2A and A2B receptors. FASEB J. 2012;26:376-86 pubmed publisher..We propose that adenosine receptor activation suppresses inflammation and promotes tissue restitution, in part, by promoting alternative macrophage activation. ..
- Vitkus S, Yeh C, Lin H, Hsu I, Yu J, Chen M, et al. Distinct function of estrogen receptor ? in smooth muscle and fibroblast cells in prostate development. Mol Endocrinol. 2013;27:38-49 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate the distinct functions of fibroblast vs. smER? in prostate development. ..
- Ranganathan P, Jayakumar C, Mohamed R, Dong Z, Ramesh G. Netrin-1 regulates the inflammatory response of neutrophils and macrophages, and suppresses ischemic acute kidney injury by inhibiting COX-2-mediated PGE2 production. Kidney Int. 2013;83:1087-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, netrin-1 regulates the inflammatory response of neutrophils and macrophages through suppression of COX-2-mediated PGE2 production. This could be a potential drug for treating many inflammatory immune disorders. ..
- Seo G, Kincaid R, Phanaksri T, Burke J, Pare J, Cox J, et al. Reciprocal inhibition between intracellular antiviral signaling and the RNAi machinery in mammalian cells. Cell Host Microbe. 2013;14:435-45 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that, unlike in lower eukaryotes, mammalian RISC is not antiviral in some contexts, but rather RISC has been co-opted to negatively regulate toxic host antiviral effectors via microRNAs. ..
- Siedlik M, Manivannan S, Kevrekidis I, Nelson C. Cell Division Induces and Switches Coherent Angular Motion within Bounded Cellular Collectives. Biophys J. 2017;112:2419-2427 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings highlight the dynamic nature of CAM and suggest that regulating cell division is crucial for tuning emergent collective migratory behaviors, such as vortical motions observed in vivo. ..
- Symons M, Derry J, Karlak B, Jiang S, Lemahieu V, McCormick F, et al. Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein, a novel effector for the GTPase CDC42Hs, is implicated in actin polymerization. Cell. 1996;84:723-34 pubmed..The WASP sequence contains two novel domains that are homologous to other proteins involved in action organization. ..
- Overmeyer J, Wilson A, Erdman R, Maltese W. The putative "switch 2" domain of the Ras-related GTPase, Rab1B, plays an essential role in the interaction with Rab escort protein. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:223-35 pubmed
- Alberti A, Murgia C, Liu S, Mura M, Cousens C, Sharp M, et al. Envelope-induced cell transformation by ovine betaretroviruses. J Virol. 2002;76:5387-94 pubmed..In addition, phosphorylated Akt was detected in a cell line derived from a lung tumor of a sheep with naturally occurring ovine pulmonary adenocarcinoma...
- Moses A, Jarvis M, Raggo C, Bell Y, Ruhl R, Luukkonen B, et al. Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus-induced upregulation of the c-kit proto-oncogene, as identified by gene expression profiling, is essential for the transformation of endothelial cells. J Virol. 2002;76:8383-99 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate an essential role for c-Kit in KS tumorigenesis and reveal a target for pharmacological intervention. ..
- Ouyang H, Tang F, Siahaan T, Borchardt R. A modified coumarinic acid-based cyclic prodrug of an opioid peptide: its enzymatic and chemical stability and cell permeation characteristics. Pharm Res. 2002;19:794-801 pubmed..However, the prodrug was a good substrate for both P-gp and MRP2 suggesting that its permeation across intestinal mucosa and blood-brain barrier would be significantly restricted. ..
- Schubert R, Narayan P, Puett D. Specificity of cognate ligand-receptor interactions: fusion proteins of human chorionic gonadotropin and the heptahelical receptors for human luteinizing hormone, thyroid-stimulating hormone, and follicle-stimulating hormone. Endocrinology. 2003;144:129-37 pubmed..This study, however, suggests that such a functional interaction is capable of occurring under conditions of high circulating levels of hCG, e.g. the first trimester of pregnancy and in patients with hCG-secreting tumors. ..
- Bolger G, McCahill A, Huston E, Cheung Y, McSorley T, Baillie G, et al. The unique amino-terminal region of the PDE4D5 cAMP phosphodiesterase isoform confers preferential interaction with beta-arrestins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:49230-8 pubmed..This specificity appears likely to account for the preferential recruitment of PDE4D5, compared with PDE4D3, to membranes of Hek-B2 cells and cardiac myocytes upon challenge with isoproterenol. ..
- Comhair S, Xu W, Ghosh S, Thunnissen F, Almasan A, Calhoun W, et al. Superoxide dismutase inactivation in pathophysiology of asthmatic airway remodeling and reactivity. Am J Pathol. 2005;166:663-74 pubmed..These findings link oxidative and nitrative stress to loss of SOD activity and downstream events that typify asthma, including apoptosis and shedding of the airway epithelium and hyperresponsiveness. ..
- Moissoglu K, Sachdev S, Gelman I. Enhanced v-Src-induced oncogenic transformation in the absence of focal adhesion kinase is mediated by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:673-84 pubmed..Thus, although FAK is dispensable for v-Src-induced oncogenic transformation in vitro, it may exert either positive or negative effects on signaling or motility depending on which pathways are activated in cancer cells. ..
- Gao S, Laughon A. Decapentaplegic-responsive silencers contain overlapping mad-binding sites. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:25781-90 pubmed..Overlapping Mad sites predominate in decapentaplegic response elements, consistent with a high degree of specificity in response to signaling. ..
- Liu M, Yue Y, Li D, Duan D. Catalase overexpression does not impair extensor digitorum longus muscle function in normal mice. Muscle Nerve. 2007;36:833-41 pubmed..Taken together, we have developed a novel AAV vector to enhance catalase expression. Lack of apparent toxicity in normal muscle strongly supports further exploration of this vector to reduce oxidative stress-induced muscle damage. ..
- Tsuji P, Walle T. Cytotoxic effects of the dietary flavones chrysin and apigenin in a normal trout liver cell line. Chem Biol Interact. 2008;171:37-44 pubmed..These results may be useful for further investigations of cytotoxicity of dietary flavonoids. ..
- Berbari N, Johnson A, Lewis J, Askwith C, Mykytyn K. Identification of ciliary localization sequences within the third intracellular loop of G protein-coupled receptors. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1540-7 pubmed publisher..As Mchr1 mediates feeding behavior and metabolism, our results implicate ciliary signaling in the regulation of body weight. ..
- Lee W, Free C, Sine S. Binding to gating transduction in nicotinic receptors: Cys-loop energetically couples to pre-M1 and M2-M3 regions. J Neurosci. 2009;29:3189-99 pubmed publisher..Thus, the extracellular beta1-beta2 and Cys-loops bridge the pre-M1 domain and M2-M3 linker to transduce agonist binding into channel gating. ..
- Bugga L, Ratnaparkhi A, Zinn K. The cell surface receptor Tartan is a potential in vivo substrate for the receptor tyrosine phosphatase Ptp52F. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3390-400 pubmed publisher..trn and Ptp52F mutations produce identical phenotypes affecting the SNa motor nerve. The genes also display dosage-dependent interactions, suggesting that Ptp52F regulates Trn signaling in SNa motor neurons. ..
- Corsino P, HORENSTEIN N, Ostrov D, Rowe T, Law M, Barrett A, et al. A novel class of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors identified by molecular docking act through a unique mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:29945-55 pubmed publisher..Multiple lines of evidence indicate that the primary mechanism of action of these compounds is the direct induction of Cdk1, Cdk2, and Cdk4 protein aggregation. ..
- Noubissi F, Goswami S, Sanek N, Kawakami K, Minamoto T, MOSER A, et al. Wnt signaling stimulates transcriptional outcome of the Hedgehog pathway by stabilizing GLI1 mRNA. Cancer Res. 2009;69:8572-8 pubmed publisher..The newly described mode of regulation of GLI1 seems to be important to several functions of Wnt, including survival and proliferation of colorectal cancer cells. ..
- Cai X, Bikadi Z, Ni Z, Lee E, Wang H, Rosenberg M, et al. Role of basic residues within or near the predicted transmembrane helix 2 of the human breast cancer resistance protein in drug transport. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;333:670-81 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have identified several basic residues within or near TM2 that may be important for interaction of substrates with BCRP...
- Ajibade D, Dhawan P, Fechner A, Meyer M, Pike J, Christakos S. Evidence for a role of prolactin in calcium homeostasis: regulation of intestinal transient receptor potential vanilloid type 6, intestinal calcium absorption, and the 25-hydroxyvitamin D(3) 1alpha hydroxylase gene by prolactin. Endocrinology. 2010;151:2974-84 pubmed publisher
- Liu H, Aldrich R. Tissue-specific N terminus of the HCN4 channel affects channel activation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:14209-14 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that HCN4 channels are expressed in different patterns in mouse brain and heart and that the N terminus is important for HCN4 channel activation. ..
- Hynes T, Yost E, Yost S, Berlot C. Multicolor BiFC analysis of G protein ?? complex formation and localization. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;756:229-43 pubmed publisher..Methods are described for imaging and quantifying the internalization of pairs of ?? complexes in response to GPCR stimulation in living cells. ..