Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in Taiwan
Topic: cell line
Publications586 found, 100 shown here
- Ho C, Yang C, Lin W, Lin C. Ecto-nucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase 2 modulates local ATP-induced calcium signaling in human HaCaT keratinocytes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57666 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal an important role of human keratinocyte NTPDase2 in modulating nucleotide signaling in the extracellular milieu of human epidermis. ..
- Hsu S, Lo C, Pan T, Lee K, Yu M. Serine 235 Is the Primary NS5A Hyperphosphorylation Site Responsible for Hepatitis C Virus Replication. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..e., phosphorylation at serine 235 leads to phosphorylation at serine 238. Our data provide the first proof-of-principle evidence that NS5A undergoes a sequential phosphorylation cascade. ..
- Tang T, Hong T, Lin C, Lai M, Liu C, Lo H, et al. Nuclear proteins of the bovine esophageal epithelium. I. Monoclonal antibody W2 specifically reacts with condensed nuclei of differentiated superficial cells. J Cell Sci. 1993;104 ( Pt 2):237-47 pubmed..Similarly, the sequence at the amino terminus of the polypeptide of approximately 11,000 indicated that it was the light chain counterpart of the same calcium-binding protein complex. ..
- Chiang L, Chiang W, Chang M, Ng L, Lin C. Antiviral activity of Plantago major extracts and related compounds in vitro. Antiviral Res. 2002;55:53-62 pubmed
- Chou S, Chen H, Lu S. Up-regulation of human deoxyribonuclease II gene expression during myelomonocytic differentiation of HL-60 and THP-1 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:48-53 pubmed..This increase in DNase II levels in differentiated HL-60 and THP-1 cells suggests that it may play an important role in macrophages. ..
- Chen J, Huang W, Chen C. Transcriptional regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 in response to proteasome inhibitors involves reactive oxygen species-mediated signaling pathway and recruitment of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein delta and CREB-binding protein. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5579-91 pubmed..These findings reveal that the induction of COX-2 transcription induced by proteasome inhibitors requires ROS-dependent protein kinases activation and the subsequent recruitments of C/EBPdelta and CBP. ..
- Tsai K, Tseng H, Lin W. Two wobble-splicing events affect ING4 protein subnuclear localization and degradation. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:3130-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that the two wobble-splicing events at the exon 4-5 boundary influence subnuclear localization and degradation of ING4. ..
- Huang Y, Lin J, Lin C, Su Y, Hung S. c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1 negatively regulates osteoblastic differentiation induced by BMP2 via phosphorylation of Runx2 at Ser104. J Bone Miner Res. 2012;27:1093-105 pubmed publisher..In addition, unraveling these mechanisms may help to develop new strategies in enhancing osteoblastic differentiation and bone formation. ..
- Tang S, Yeh S, Li Y, Wang Y, Baik S, Santro T, et al. Evidence for a detrimental role of TLR8 in ischemic stroke. Exp Neurol. 2013;250:341-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate a detrimental role for neuronal TLR8 signaling in the triggering of post-stroke inflammation and neuronal death. ..
- Chang Y, Lee S, Lin W. Effects of cannabinoids on LPS-stimulated inflammatory mediator release from macrophages: involvement of eicosanoids. J Cell Biochem. 2001;81:715-23 pubmed..The endogenous cannabinoid, 2-AG, also serves as a substrate for COX-catalyzing PGE(2) production, which in turn modulates the action of CB2. ..
- Hsieh Y, Liang S, Tsai W, Chen Y, Liu T, Liang C. Study of capsular polysaccharide from Vibrio parahaemolyticus. Infect Immun. 2003;71:3329-36 pubmed..These results indicate that CPS plays an important role in the adherence of V. parahaemolyticus to its target cells and may be considered a potential target for the development of a vaccine against this pathogen. ..
- Ku W, Lau W, Tseng Y, Tzeng C, Chiu S. Dextran sulfate provides a quantitative and quick microarray hybridization reaction. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;315:30-7 pubmed..With appropriate washing, the enhancement of kinetics by the solution does not increase the background signals at all, allowing higher signal-to-noise ratios to be achieved. ..
- Tsai T, Lee Y, Hsiao W, Tsao Y, Chen S. NRIP, a novel nuclear receptor interaction protein, enhances the transcriptional activity of nuclear receptors. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:20000-9 pubmed
- Chang J, Wang K, Chiang L. Sheng-Ma-Ge-Gen-Tang inhibited Enterovirus 71 infection in human foreskin fibroblast cell line. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;119:104-8 pubmed publisher..9913), nor the constitutional interferon production (p>0.05). Therefore, SMGGT had direct anti-viral activity not mediated by interferon. SMGGT was effective on management of the disease induced by EV71 infection. ..
- Li R, Hung Y, Lin C, Chen Y, Yen J. Inhibitor IkappaBalpha promoter functional polymorphisms in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. J Clin Immunol. 2010;30:676-80 pubmed publisher..The association between IkappaBalpha promoter polymorphisms and disease severity of rheumatoid arthritis is partly due to different transcriptional activities of IkappaBalpha promoter and the activation of NF-kappaB. ..
- Chou H, Lai D, Huang C, McLennan I, Wang H, Wang P. BMP4 is a peripherally-derived factor for motor neurons and attenuates glutamate-induced excitotoxicity in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58441 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that BMP4 is a peripherally-derived factor that may regulate the survival of motor neurons. ..
- Tsai T, Huang W, Ying H, Kuo Y, Shen C, Lin Y, et al. Wild Bitter Melon Leaf Extract Inhibits Porphyromonas gingivalis-Induced Inflammation: Identification of Active Compounds through Bioassay-Guided Isolation. Molecules. 2016;21:454 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that 5β,19-epoxycucurbita-6,23-diene-3β,19,25-triol and 3β,7β,25-trihydroxycucurbita-5,23-dien-19-al could be used for the development of novel therapeutic approaches against P. gingivalis infections. ..
- Cheng Y, Chen Z, Liao T, Lin C, Shen H, Wang Y, et al. An intranasally delivered peptide drug ameliorates cognitive decline in Alzheimer transgenic mice. EMBO Mol Med. 2017;9:703-715 pubmed publisher..The modular design combining polyR and aggregate-forming segments produced a desirable therapeutic effect and could be easily adopted to design therapeutic peptides for other proteinaceous aggregate-associated diseases. ..
- Chiang Y, Teng S, Su Y, Hsieh F, Wu K. c-Myc directly regulates the transcription of the NBS1 gene involved in DNA double-strand break repair. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19286-91 pubmed..These results indicate that NBS1 is a direct transcriptional target of c-Myc and links the function of c-Myc to the regulation of DNA DSB repair pathway operating during DNA replication. ..
- Mu J, Tsay Y, Juan L, Fu T, Huang W, Chen D, et al. The small delta antigen of hepatitis delta virus is an acetylated protein and acetylation of lysine 72 may influence its cellular localization and viral RNA synthesis. Virology. 2004;319:60-70 pubmed..These results demonstrated that HDAg is an acetylated protein and mutation of HDAg at Lys-72 modulates HDAg subcellular localization and may participate in viral RNA nucleocytoplasmic shuttling and replication. ..
- Chiang Y, Lo C, Chen Y, Wang S, Yang N, Kuo Y, et al. Ethyl caffeate suppresses NF-kappaB activation and its downstream inflammatory mediators, iNOS, COX-2, and PGE2 in vitro or in mouse skin. Br J Pharmacol. 2005;146:352-63 pubmed..DNA complex formation. This study provides an insight into the probable mechanism(s) underlying the anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties of ethyl caffeate. ..
- Huang H, Way T, Lin C, Lin J. EGCG stabilizes p27kip1 in E2-stimulated MCF-7 cells through down-regulation of the Skp2 protein. Endocrinology. 2008;149:5972-83 pubmed publisher..The therapeutic strategies designed to reduce Skp2 may therefore play an important clinical role in treatment of breast cancer cells. ..
- Chao W, Hong Y, Chen M, Lin B. Inhibitory effects of Angelica sinensis ethyl acetate extract and major compounds on NF-kappaB trans-activation activity and LPS-induced inflammation. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;129:244-9 pubmed publisher..Low dose of AS EtOAc extract that inhibits the production of inflammatory mediators alleviates acute inflammatory hazards and protect mice from endotoxic shock. ..
- Wang C, Pi C, Kuo C, Zhuang Y, Khoo K, Liu W, et al. Polysaccharides purified from the submerged culture of Ganoderma formosanum stimulate macrophage activation and protect mice against Listeria monocytogenes infection. Biotechnol Lett. 2011;33:2271-8 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the heteropolysaccharides produced by G. formosanum can activate the innate immune response on macrophages...
- Liao T, Hsu W, Ho C, Hwang W, Lan H, Lo T, et al. let-7 Modulates Chromatin Configuration and Target Gene Repression through Regulation of the ARID3B Complex. Cell Rep. 2016;14:520-533 pubmed publisher..These results highlight a chromatin-dependent mechanism where let-7 regulates cancer stemness through ARID3B. ..
- Kao Y, Hsu J, Chen Y, Lin Y, Lkhagva B, Chen S, et al. ZFHX3 knockdown increases arrhythmogenesis and dysregulates calcium homeostasis in HL-1 atrial myocytes. Int J Cardiol. 2016;210:85-92 pubmed publisher..ZFHX3 knock-down in atrial myocytes dysregulated calcium homeostasis and increased atrial arrhythmogenesis, which may contribute to the occurrence of AF. ..
- Wu W, Chen C, Lin C, Chen J, Lee H. Lysophospholipids enhance matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression in human endothelial cells. Endocrinology. 2005;146:3387-400 pubmed..These observations suggest that LPA and S1P may play important roles in endothelial cell invasion by regulating the expression of MMP-2. ..
- Shao P, Lu M, Liau Y, Chao M, Chang L, Lu C, et al. Argonaute-2 enhances suppression of human cytomegalovirus replication by polycistronic short hairpin RNAs targeting UL46, UL70 and UL122. Antivir Ther. 2011;16:741-9 pubmed publisher..This strategy may be universally applied to RNA interference-based therapies. ..
- Liu Y, Lin I, Chung W, Hu W, Ng W, Lu C, et al. Proteomics characterization of cytoplasmic and lipid-associated membrane proteins of human pathogen Mycoplasma fermentans M64. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35304 pubmed publisher..Together, our work provides the first proteome reference map of M. fermentans as well as several putative virulence-associated proteins as diagnostic markers or vaccine candidates for further functional study of this human pathogen...
- Wu Y, Lee H, Liao C, Wei Y. Regulation of mitochondrial F(o)F(1)ATPase activity by Sirt3-catalyzed deacetylation and its deficiency in human cells harboring 4977bp deletion of mitochondrial DNA. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1832:216-27 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that increased intracellular ROS levels might modulate the expression of Sirt3 which deacetylates and activates F(o)F(1)ATPase in human cells with mitochondrial dysfunction caused by a pathogenic mtDNA mutation. ..
- Tsao P, Su Y, Li H, Huang P, Chien C, Lai Y, et al. Overexpression of placenta growth factor contributes to the pathogenesis of pulmonary emphysema. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2004;169:505-11 pubmed..Our study suggests that PlGF plays an important role in the pathogenesis of pulmonary emphysema via its action on type II pneumocytes. ..
- Lin R, Chang B, Yu H, Liao C, Lin Y. Blocking of interferon-induced Jak-Stat signaling by Japanese encephalitis virus NS5 through a protein tyrosine phosphatase-mediated mechanism. J Virol. 2006;80:5908-18 pubmed..We suggest that JEV NS5 is an IFN antagonist and that it may play a role in blocking IFN-stimulated Jak-Stat signaling via activation of PTPs during JEV infection. ..
- Ng K, Cho C, Chang F, Luo J, Lin H, Lin H, et al. Omeprazole promotes gastric epithelial cell migration. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2008;60:655-60 pubmed publisher..These actions are likely to be mediated through the promotion of gastric epithelial cell migration but not cell proliferation. ..
- Wang C, Chen J, Tseng Y, Hsu C, Hung Y, Chen S, et al. Glycans on influenza hemagglutinin affect receptor binding and immune response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:18137-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, removal of structurally nonessential glycans on viral surface glycoproteins may be a very effective and general approach for vaccine design against influenza and other human viruses...
- Liu H, Chang A, Teng C, Chen C, Tsai A, Yang C. Potent anti-inflammatory effects of denbinobin mediated by dual inhibition of expression of inducible no synthase and cyclooxygenase 2. Shock. 2011;35:191-7 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that denbinobin exerts potent anti-inflammatory activity, suggesting that it might provide a new therapeutic approach to inflammatory diseases. ..
- Chen K, Hsieh I, Hsi E, Wang Y, Dai C, Chou W, et al. Negative feedback regulation between microRNA let-7g and the oxLDL receptor LOX-1. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:4115-24 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a negative feedback regulation between let-7g and LOX-1, and indicate that let-7g could be a target to treat cardiovascular disease. ..
- Chiou W, Peng C, Chen C, Chou C. Anti-inflammatory properties of piperlactam S: modulation of complement 5a-induced chemotaxis and inflammatory cytokines production in macrophages. Planta Med. 2003;69:9-14 pubmed..We conclude that retardation of macrophage recruitment by interfering with the migration process and suppression of cytokines production might underlie the potential usefulness of piperlactam S as an anti-inflammatory agent. ..
- Cheng M, Lee K, Tsai I, Chen I. Two new sesquiterpenoids and anti-HIV principles from the root bark of Zanthoxylum ailanthoides. Bioorg Med Chem. 2005;13:5915-20 pubmed..Among them, decarine, gamma-fagarine, and (+)-tembamide were the most potent anti-HIV compounds, with EC50 values of <0.1 microg/mL and TI values of >226, >231, and >215, respectively...
- Lee K, Ho S, Lin H, Lin S, Liu C, Huang C, et al. Neutrophil-derived elastase induces TGF-beta1 secretion in human airway smooth muscle via NF-kappaB pathway. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2006;35:407-14 pubmed..These data suggest that NE upregulates TGF-beta1 gene expression and release via My88/IRAK/NF-kappaB pathway, possibly through activation of TLR4, and shed light on a potential role of neutrophils in the pathogenesis of asthma. ..
- Kou Y, Chang M, Wang Y, Hung T, Chang S. Differential requirements of NS4A for internal NS3 cleavage and polyprotein processing of hepatitis C virus. J Virol. 2007;81:7999-8008 pubmed publisher..The multiple roles of NS4A in viral multiplication and pathogenesis make NS4A an ideal molecular target for HCV therapy...
- Huang W, Chen Y, Chen P. Nucleolar targeting of hepatitis delta antigen abolishes its ability to initiate viral antigenomic RNA replication. J Virol. 2008;82:692-9 pubmed..Our results support the idea that the replication of HDV genomic RNA or antigenomic RNA is likely to be carried out by different machineries in different subcellular localizations. ..
- Cheng H, Ho T, Chen S, Lai H, Hong K, Tsao Y. Troglitazone suppresses transforming growth factor beta-mediated fibrogenesis in retinal pigment epithelial cells. Mol Vis. 2008;14:95-104 pubmed..On the other hand, TGZ does not alter the levels of TGFbeta2-induced p38 MAPK phosphorylation, the effect of TGZ is unlikely to be mediated by p38 MAPK signaling. ..
- Lee J, Huang P, Lin Y, Kao L, Huang C, Kao F, et al. In-depth fluorescence lifetime imaging analysis revealing SNAP25A-Rabphilin 3A interactions. Microsc Microanal. 2008;14:507-18 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have demonstrated that the 2PE-FLIM/FRET technique is a powerful tool to reveal dynamic SNAP25A/RPH3A interactions in single neuroendocrine cells. ..
- Lai R, Wang M, Yang S, Chen J. Genomic organization and functional characterization of the promoter for the human suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 gene. Gene. 2009;448:64-73 pubmed publisher..The SOCS6 gene from various species shares significant homology in amino acid sequences, transcription factor binding motifs in promoter regions and the two-exon genomic structure, suggesting that the SOCS6 gene is highly conserved. ..
- Wang S, Yang W, Liu Y, Chiu Y, Chen C, Kao P, et al. A potent sphingomyelinase inhibitor from Cordyceps mycelia contributes its cytoprotective effect against oxidative stress in macrophages. J Lipid Res. 2011;52:471-9 pubmed publisher..7 cells. Results suggest that CME-1 protects RAW264.7 cells against oxidative stress through inhibition of SMase activity and reduction of C16- and C18-ceramide levels. ..
- Chien W, Lee T, Hung S, Kang K, Wu R, Lee M, et al. Increase of oxidative stress by a novel PINK1 mutation, P209A. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;58:160-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a novel pathway by which the P209A defect in the PINK1 kinase domain inhibits oxidative stress-induced HO-1 and SOD2 induction, which may accelerate the neurodegeneration in PD with PINK1 defect. ..
- Yau W, Shih H, Tsai M, Sheu J, Chen C, Chow L. Autoantibody recognition of an N-terminal epitope of hnRNP L marks the risk for developing HBV-related hepatocellular carcinoma. J Proteomics. 2013;94:346-58 pubmed publisher..Glycine-rich region located at the N-terminus of hnRNP L constitutes the major epitope. We also demonstrated that hnRNP L is involved in cell proliferation and metastasis. ..
- Tsui L, Chang S, Huang H, Fong T, Wang I. YC-1 induces lipid droplet formation in RAW 264.7 macrophages. J Biomed Sci. 2016;23:2 pubmed publisher..YC-1 induces lipid droplet formation in macrophages, possibly through the sGC/cGMP/PKG signaling pathway. This chemical should be tested with caution in future clinical trials. ..
- Chen C, You J, Gau J, Huang C, Chen Y, Tsai Y, et al. Favorable clinical outcome and unique characteristics in association with Twist1 overexpression in de novo acute myeloid leukemia. Blood Cancer J. 2015;5:e339 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that, in a subset of AML patients, Twist1 has a prominent role in the pathogenesis of the disease that leads to unique clinical phenotypes. ..
- Tzeng H, Chang Z, Peng S, Wang C, Lin J, Kou G, et al. Chimeric polypeptide of thymidine kinase and thymidylate kinase of shrimp white spot syndrome virus: thymidine kinase activity of the recombinant protein expressed in a baculovirus/insect cell system. Virology. 2002;299:248-55 pubmed..We also found that TK activity increased as infection advanced in the integument and gills of experimentally infected shrimp, suggesting its functional involvement during WSSV infection. ..
- Liao Y, Wang B, Cheng H, Kuo L, Wolfe M. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin-1beta, and interferon-gamma stimulate gamma-secretase-mediated cleavage of amyloid precursor protein through a JNK-dependent MAPK pathway. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49523-32 pubmed..Our studies provide direct evidence that cytokine-elicited signaling cascades control Abeta production by modulating gamma-secretase activity. ..
- Hwang D, Hung C, Riepe F, Auchus R, Kulle A, Holterhus P, et al. CYP17A1 intron mutation causing cryptic splicing in 17?-hydroxylase deficiency. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25492 pubmed publisher..The IVS1 +2T>C mutation abolished most 17?-hydroxylase/17, 20-lyase enzyme activity by aberrant mRNA splicing to an intronic pseudo-exon, causing a frame shift and early termination. ..
- Liou Y, Wang H, Lee M, Wang S, Chiang H, Chen C, et al. Genome-wide association study of treatment refractory schizophrenia in Han Chinese. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33598 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that rs28362691 in NFKB1 might be involved in the development of TRS. ..
- Tseng Y, Shen K, Lin H, Huang C, Dai C, Sheu J. Lochmolins A-G, new sesquiterpenoids from the soft coral Sinularia lochmodes. Mar Drugs. 2012;10:1572-81 pubmed publisher..The structures of these metabolites were elucidated by extensive spectroscopic study. Compounds 1-4 were found to inhibit the accumulation of the LPS-induced pro-inflammatory COX-2 protein in RAW264.7 macrophage cells. ..
- Yin S, Jian F, Chen Y, Chien S, Hsieh M, Hsiao P, et al. Induction of IL-25 secretion from tumour-associated fibroblasts suppresses mammary tumour metastasis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11311 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings reveal that the release of IL-25 from TAFs may serve as a check point for control of mammary tumour metastasis and that phytochemical Q2-3 can efficiently promote such anticancer activities. ..
- Chen B, Yang H, Chou H, Chen G, Yang W. Staining of Lipid Droplets with Monodansylpentane. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1560:231-236 pubmed publisher..MDH can be used for visualizing LDs not only in cell cultures, but also in fixed tissues such as the fat body and ovaries from Drosophila. MDH is therefore a versatile marker for LDs in fluorescence microscopy. ..
- Wen S, Velmurugan B, Day C, Shen C, Chun L, Tsai Y, et al. High density lipoprotein (HDL) reverses palmitic acid induced energy metabolism imbalance by switching CD36 and GLUT4 signaling pathways in cardiomyocyte. J Cell Physiol. 2017;232:3020-3029 pubmed publisher..Rat neonatal cardiomyocytes showed similar results. In conclusion, HDL reversed palmatic acid-induced lipotoxicity and energy metabolism imbalance in H9c2 cardiomyoblast cells and in neonatal rat cardiomyocyte cells. ..
- Mu J, Chen D, Chen P. The conserved serine 177 in the delta antigen of hepatitis delta virus is one putative phosphorylation site and is required for efficient viral RNA replication. J Virol. 2001;75:9087-95 pubmed..These results suggested that phosphorylation of S-HDAg, with serine 177 as a presumable site, plays a critical role in viral RNA replication, especially in augmenting the replication of antigenomic RNA. ..
- Guh J, Chuang T, Chen H, Hung W, Lai Y, Shin S, et al. Beta-hydroxybutyrate-induced growth inhibition and collagen production in HK-2 cells are dependent on TGF-beta and Smad3. Kidney Int. 2003;64:2041-51 pubmed..Moreover, beta-HB increased p21WAF1/p27kip1 protein expression by increasing p21WAF1/p27kip1 protein stability. ..
- Lee M, Tseng I, Wang Y, Kiyomiya K, Johnson M, Dickson R, et al. Autoactivation of matriptase in vitro: requirement for biomembrane and LDL receptor domain. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C95-105 pubmed..These atypical biochemical features are consistent with a mechanism for autoactivation of matriptase that requires protein-protein interactions but not active proteases. ..
- Tsai S, Chen Y, Chen L, Wang Y, Tsai I. Binding of a venom Lys-49 phospholipase A(2) to LPS and suppression of its effects on mouse macrophages. Toxicon. 2007;50:914-22 pubmed..These findings provide unprecedented evidence that a low dose of K49-PLA possesses potent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which raises the prospect of a new therapeutic approach against sepsis. ..
- Huang C, Kuo T, Yeh C, Hu C, Chen Y, Tsai Y, et al. One single nucleotide difference alters the differential expression of spliced RNAs between HBV genotypes A and D. Virus Res. 2013;174:18-26 pubmed publisher..The possible significance of the distinct spliced RNAs generated from the different HBV genotypes in HBV infection is discussed. ..
- Loo C, Chen C, Wang P, Chen P, Lin S, Khoo K, et al. Quantitative apical membrane proteomics reveals vasopressin-induced actin dynamics in collecting duct cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:17119-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we identified a vasopressin-regulated actin network potentially responsible for vasopressin-induced apical F-actin dynamics that could explain regulation of apical aquaporin-2 trafficking and water permeability increase. ..
- Kuo H, Lu C, Shen C, Tung S, Hsieh M, Lee K, et al. Hericium erinaceus mycelium and its isolated erinacine A protection from MPTP-induced neurotoxicity through the ER stress, triggering an apoptosis cascade. J Transl Med. 2016;14:78 pubmed publisher..These physiological and brain histological changes provide HEM neuron-protective insights into the progression of Parkinson's disease, and this protective effect seems to exist both in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Lan H, Li H, Lin G, Lai P, Chung B. Cyclic AMP stimulates SF-1-dependent CYP11A1 expression through homeodomain-interacting protein kinase 3-mediated Jun N-terminal kinase and c-Jun phosphorylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2027-36 pubmed..This finding has linked three common factors, HIPK3, JNK, and c-Jun, to the cAMP signaling pathway leading to increased steroidogenic gene expression. ..
- Chang Y, Lee F, Chen C, Huang S, Tsai S, Huang S, et al. Structure-activity relationship of C6-C3 phenylpropanoids on xanthine oxidase-inhibiting and free radical-scavenging activities. Free Radic Biol Med. 2007;43:1541-51 pubmed..We further assessed the effects of the test compounds on living cells, and CAPE was the most potent agent for protecting cells against ROS-mediated damage among the tested phenylpropanoids. ..
- Tu Y, Yu C, Liang J, Lin E, Liao C, Lin Y. Blocking double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase PKR by Japanese encephalitis virus nonstructural protein 2A. J Virol. 2012;86:10347-58 pubmed publisher..The recombinant JEV mutant carrying the NS2A-T33I mutation showed reduced in vitro growth and in vivo virulence phenotypes. Thus, JEV NS2A has a novel function in blocking the host antiviral response of PKR during JEV infection...
- Chen C, Chao Y, Chang Y, Hsu M, Lin W. Inhibition of cytokine-induced JAK-STAT signalling pathways by an endonuclease inhibitor aurintricarboxylic acid. Br J Pharmacol. 2002;137:1011-20 pubmed..6. Taken together, we conclude that ATA can interfere JAK-STAT signalling pathways in response to cytokines. This action contributes to the inhibition of IFN-gamma-induced iNOS expression. ..
- Wu W, Peng H, Huang T. Disintegrin causes proteolysis of beta-catenin and apoptosis of endothelial cells. Involvement of cell-cell and cell-ECM interactions in regulating cell viability. Exp Cell Res. 2003;286:115-27 pubmed
- Lin K, Hollander J, Kao V, Lin B, Macpherson L, Dillmann W. Myocyte protection by 10 kD heat shock protein (Hsp10) involves the mobile loop and attenuation of the Ras GTP-ase pathway. FASEB J. 2004;18:1004-6 pubmed..Our results suggest that complex mechanisms are involved in the protection by hsp10 against SI/RO-induced myocyte death. This mechanism may involve the hsp10 mobile loop and attenuation of the Ras GTP-ase signaling pathway. ..
- Lee H, Sherley J, Chen J, Chiu C, Chiou L, Liang J, et al. EMP-1 is a junctional protein in a liver stem cell line and in the liver. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:996-1003 pubmed..This report is the first to indicate EMP-1 to be a junctional protein in the liver. ..
- Chang C, Chuang H, Yu C, Yao T, Chen H. Stimulation of GCMa transcriptional activity by cyclic AMP/protein kinase A signaling is attributed to CBP-mediated acetylation of GCMa. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8401-14 pubmed..Our results reveal a novel regulation of GCMa activity by cAMP-dependent protein acetylation and provide a molecular mechanism by which cAMP signaling regulates trophoblastic fusion. ..
- Hua K, Hsu H, Su Y, Lin I, Yang S, Chen Y, et al. Study on the antiinflammatory activity of methanol extract from seagrass Zostera japonica. J Agric Food Chem. 2006;54:306-11 pubmed..This study is the first to report the antiinflammatory activity of extracts obtained from the seagrass Z. japonica. ..
- Kim S, Liang C, Cheng I, Cheng Y, Chiao M, Tseng C, et al. DNA vaccination against foot-and-mouth disease via electroporation: study of molecular approaches for enhancing VP1 antigenicity. J Gene Med. 2006;8:1182-91 pubmed..By mimicking FMDV more closely than that of transgenic VP1 and eliciting immune responses favorably toward Th2, transgenic P1 may induce more neutralizing antibodies and better protection against FMDV challenge. ..
- Li L, Liu M, Shih H, Tsai C, Chen J. Human cellular protein VRK2 interacts specifically with Epstein-Barr virus BHRF1, a homologue of Bcl-2, and enhances cell survival. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:2869-78 pubmed publisher..However, this enhancement was not observed when VRK2 was co-expressed with Bcl-2. The results indicate that human VRK2 interacts specifically with EBV BHRF1 and that the interaction is involved in protecting cells from apoptosis...
- Yen M, Tsai H, Wu Y, Hwa H, Lee B, Hsu P. TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) induces osteoclast differentiation from monocyte/macrophage lineage precursor cells. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:2205-13 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that in addition to triggering apoptosis, TRAIL induces osteoclast differentiation. It provides a novel role for TRAIL in regulating osteoclast differentiation and in osteoimmunology. ..
- Tsai W, Ting Y, Yang J, Lai J, Liu H. Fibronectin modulates the morphology of osteoblast-like cells (MG-63) on nano-grooved substrates. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2009;20:1367-78 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that surface chemical cues influence the initial cell-substratum contact, while the long-term cellular morphology is dictated by surface topographic cues. ..
- Chang Y, Kao W, Wang W, Wang W, Yang R, Peck K. Identification and characterization of oligonucleotides that inhibit Toll-like receptor 2-associated immune responses. FASEB J. 2009;23:3078-88 pubmed publisher..The results of functional assays showed that AP177 acted as a TLR2 antagonist and may hold therapeutic potential in the treatment of diseases related to dysregulated TLR2 immune responses. ..
- Pan M, Chang T, Chang H, Su J, Wang H, Hung W. Sumoylation of Prox1 controls its ability to induce VEGFR3 expression and lymphatic phenotypes in endothelial cells. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3358-64 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that Prox1 is a target for SUMO-1 and suggest that sumoylation of Prox1 controls its ability to induce VEGFR3 expression and lymphatic phenotypes in endothelial cells. ..
- Hwang Verslues W, Chang P, Wei P, Yang C, Huang C, Kuo W, et al. miR-495 is upregulated by E12/E47 in breast cancer stem cells, and promotes oncogenesis and hypoxia resistance via downregulation of E-cadherin and REDD1. Oncogene. 2011;30:2463-74 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel regulatory pathway centered on miR-495 that contributes to BCSC properties and hypoxia resistance. ..
- Chien H, Liao C, Lin Y. FUSE binding protein 1 interacts with untranslated regions of Japanese encephalitis virus RNA and negatively regulates viral replication. J Virol. 2011;85:4698-706 pubmed publisher..Thus, we suggest that FBP1 binds with the JEV UTR RNA and functions as a host anti-JEV defense molecule by repressing viral protein expression. ..
- Sanjiv K, Su T, Suman S, Kakadiya R, Lai T, Wang H, et al. The novel DNA alkylating agent BO-1090 suppresses the growth of human oral cavity cancer in xenografted and orthotopic mouse models. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:1440-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our current results demonstrate that B0-1090 may have potential as a treatment for oral cavity cancer. ..
- Chang Y, Lee T, Chiang A. Quercetin enhances ABCA1 expression and cholesterol efflux through a p38-dependent pathway in macrophages. J Lipid Res. 2012;53:1840-50 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence that p38 signaling is essential for the regulation of quercetin-induced ABCA1 expression and cholesterol efflux in macrophages...
- Wen C. Development and characterization of a cell line from tilapia head kidney with melanomacrophage characteristics. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;49:442-9 pubmed publisher..THK cells were subcultured more than 90 times and can be useful for investigating the development and functioning of the teleostean innate immune system. ..
- Chang C, Chen Y, Lee S. Coactivator TIF1beta interacts with transcription factor C/EBPbeta and glucocorticoid receptor to induce alpha1-acid glycoprotein gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:5880-7 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that TIF1beta serves as a converging mediator of signal transduction pathways of glucocorticoids and some inflammatory cytokines. ..