Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in Sweden
Topic: cell line
Publications278 found, 100 shown here
- Liu J, Nilsson A, Oredsson S, Badmaev V, Zhao W, Duan R. Boswellic acids trigger apoptosis via a pathway dependent on caspase-8 activation but independent on Fas/Fas ligand interaction in colon cancer HT-29 cells. Carcinogenesis. 2002;23:2087-93 pubmed..The apoptotic effect is mediated via a pathway dependent on caspase-8 activation but independent of Fas/FasL interaction...
- Paruchuri S, Sjölander A. Leukotriene D4 mediates survival and proliferation via separate but parallel pathways in the human intestinal epithelial cell line Int 407. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45577-85 pubmed..Our results show that LTD4 regulates proliferation and survival via distinct intracellular signaling pathways in intestinal epithelial cells. ..
- Yu Z, Eaton J, Persson H. The radioprotective agent, amifostine, suppresses the reactivity of intralysosomal iron. Redox Rep. 2003;8:347-55 pubmed..These findings suggest a single and plausible explanation for the radioprotective effects of amifostine and may provide a basis for the design of even more effective radio- and chemoprotective drugs...
- Heldring N, Nilsson M, Buehrer B, Treuter E, Gustafsson J. Identification of tamoxifen-induced coregulator interaction surfaces within the ligand-binding domain of estrogen receptors. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3445-59 pubmed..Finally, our results indicate that related coactivators may act via the novel tamoxifen-induced binding surface, referred to as AF-T, allowing us to propose a revised model of tamoxifen agonism. ..
- Wicher K, Fries E. Prohaptoglobin is proteolytically cleaved in the endoplasmic reticulum by the complement C1r-like protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:14390-5 pubmed..C1r-LP accounts for at least part of the endogenous proHp-cleavage activity because suppression of the C1r-LP expression by RNA interference reduced the cleavage of proHp by up to 45% in the cells of a human hepatoma cell line (HepG2). ..
- Kilk K, El Andaloussi S, Järver P, Meikas A, Valkna A, Bartfai T, et al. Evaluation of transportan 10 in PEI mediated plasmid delivery assay. J Control Release. 2005;103:511-23 pubmed..In conclusion, TP10 can enhance PEI mediated transfection at relatively low concentrations and may help to develop future gene delivery systems with reduced toxicity. ..
- Yuan M, Mogemark L, Fallman M. Fyn binding protein, Fyb, interacts with mammalian actin binding protein, mAbp1. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:2339-47 pubmed..The interaction between Fyb and mAbp1 is detected in macrophage lysates and the proteins co-localize with F-actin in the leading edge. Hence, mAbp1 is likely to constitute a downstream effector of Fyb involved in F-actin dynamics. ..
- Zheng X, Ruas J, Cao R, Salomons F, Cao Y, Poellinger L, et al. Cell-type-specific regulation of degradation of hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha: role of subcellular compartmentalization. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:4628-41 pubmed
- Toguchi M, Richnau N, Ruusala A, Aspenstrom P. Members of the CIP4 family of proteins participate in the regulation of platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta-dependent actin reorganization and migration. Biol Cell. 2010;102:215-30 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the results suggest an important role for the CIP4-like proteins in the regulation of the activity of the PDGFRbeta. ..
- Pettersson F, Ponten H, Waters N, Waters S, Sonesson C. Synthesis and evaluation of a set of 4-phenylpiperidines and 4-phenylpiperazines as D2 receptor ligands and the discovery of the dopaminergic stabilizer 4-[3-(methylsulfonyl)phenyl]-1-propylpiperidine (huntexil, pridopidine, ACR16). J Med Chem. 2010;53:2510-20 pubmed publisher..These properties may contribute to its unique "dopaminergic stabilizer" characteristics, differentiating 12b from D(2) antagonists and partial D(2) agonists. ..
- Henriksson S, Blomström A, Fuxler L, Fossum C, Berg M, Nilsson M. Development of an in situ assay for simultaneous detection of the genomic and replicative form of PCV2 using padlock probes and rolling circle amplification. Virol J. 2011;8:37 pubmed publisher..We have developed a method for detection of both strands of PCV2 in situ that can be useful for studies of replication and in situ detection of PCV2 as well as of DNA viruses in general. ..
- Persson H, Vainikka L, Eriksson I, Wennerström U. TNF-?-stimulated macrophages protect A549 lung cells against iron and oxidation. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2013;65:81-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the collective effect of TNF-? on co-cultured lung cells was mainly cytoprotective. ..
- Warsito D, Sjöström S, Andersson S, Larsson O, Sehat B. Nuclear IGF1R is a transcriptional co-activator of LEF1/TCF. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:244-50 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, nuclear IGF1R augments protein levels of cyclin D1 and axin2. Our findings suggest a novel function for IGF1R, thus further emphasizing the important role of this receptor in cancer biology. ..
- Rasul A, Nagy N, Sohlberg E, dori M, Claesson H, Klein G, et al. Simultaneous detection of the two main proliferation driving EBV encoded proteins, EBNA-2 and LMP-1 in single B cells. J Immunol Methods. 2012;385:60-70 pubmed publisher..Consequently, Type IIa lines could not be established from Hodgkin's lymphoma in vitro. We propose that these experimental cultures can be exploited for study of the Type IIa cells...
- Oldberg A, Franzen A, Heinegard D, Pierschbacher M, Ruoslahti E. Identification of a bone sialoprotein receptor in osteosarcoma cells. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:19433-6 pubmed..These results show that BSP is recognized by an RGD-directed receptor and that both vitronectin and BSP can bind to this receptor. ..
- Theopold U, Ekengren S, Hultmark D. HLH106, a Drosophila transcription factor with similarity to the vertebrate sterol responsive element binding protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:1195-9 pubmed..HLH106 is expressed throughout development, and it is present at high levels in Drosophila cell lines. In contrast to the rat homolog, HLH106 transcripts are not more abundant in adipose tissue than in other tissues. ..
- Svensson L, Aszodi A, Reinholt F, Fassler R, Heinegard D, Oldberg A. Fibromodulin-null mice have abnormal collagen fibrils, tissue organization, and altered lumican deposition in tendon. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:9636-47 pubmed..These results demonstrate a role for fibromodulin in collagen fibrillogenesis and suggest that the orchestrated action of several leucine-rich repeat glycoproteins/proteoglycans influence the architecture of collagen matrices. ..
- Pettersson M, Dannaeus K, Nilsson K, Jonsson J. Isolation of MYADM, a novel hematopoietic-associated marker gene expressed in multipotent progenitor cells and up-regulated during myeloid differentiation. J Leukoc Biol. 2000;67:423-31 pubmed..Although the function is unknown, antisense oligonucleotides were able to inhibit colony formation of c-kit+ Lin- bone marrow cells, suggesting an important role for MYADM in myeloid differentiation. ..
- Rong J, Habuchi H, Kimata K, Lindahl U, Kusche Gullberg M. Substrate specificity of the heparan sulfate hexuronic acid 2-O-sulfotransferase. Biochemistry. 2001;40:5548-55 pubmed..7 microM) than for glucuronic acid-containing substrate disaccharide units (K(m) approximately 19.3 microM). ..
- Bennet W, Björkland A, Sundberg B, Brandhorst D, Brendel M, Richards A, et al. Expression of complement regulatory proteins on islets of Langerhans: a comparison between human islets and islets isolated from normal and hDAF transgenic pigs. Transplantation. 2001;72:312-9 pubmed..We conclude that protection from complement-mediated lysis will be important in the context of intraportal pig-to-human islet transplantation, and expression of a human RCA on islet cells should be beneficial in this context. ..
- Eriksson M, Nielsen P, Good L. Cell permeabilization and uptake of antisense peptide-peptide nucleic acid (PNA) into Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7144-7 pubmed..The enhanced cell-permeation properties of peptide-PNAs can explain their potent antisense activity, and the results indicate an unanticipated synergy between the peptide and PNA components. ..
- Grönroos E, Hellman U, Heldin C, Ericsson J. Control of Smad7 stability by competition between acetylation and ubiquitination. Mol Cell. 2002;10:483-93 pubmed..Thus, our data suggest that competition between ubiquitination and acetylation of overlapping lysine residues constitutes a novel mechanism to regulate protein stability. ..
- Wierup N, Björkqvist M, Kuhar M, Mulder H, Sundler F. CART regulates islet hormone secretion and is expressed in the beta-cells of type 2 diabetic rats. Diabetes. 2006;55:305-11 pubmed..We conclude that CART is a regulator of islet hormone secretion and that CART is upregulated in the beta-cells of type 2 diabetic rats. ..
- Douagi I, McInerney G, Hidmark A, Miriallis V, Johansen K, Svensson L, et al. Role of interferon regulatory factor 3 in type I interferon responses in rotavirus-infected dendritic cells and fibroblasts. J Virol. 2007;81:2758-68 pubmed..However, in contrast to MEFs, this action was not sufficient to completely abrogate type I IFN induction, consistent with a role for DCs as sentinels for virus infection. ..
- Lindbom J, Gustafsson M, Blomqvist G, Dahl A, Gudmundsson A, Swietlicki E, et al. Wear particles generated from studded tires and pavement induces inflammatory reactions in mouse macrophage cells. Chem Res Toxicol. 2007;20:937-46 pubmed..Interestingly, particles generated from pavement containing granite as the main stone material were more potent than those generated from pavement containing quartzite as the main stone material. ..
- Axén A, Andersson H, Lindeberg G, Rönnholm H, Kortesmaa J, Demaegdt H, et al. Small potent ligands to the insulin-regulated aminopeptidase (IRAP)/AT(4) receptor. J Pept Sci. 2007;13:434-44 pubmed..Furthermore, ligand 4 is degraded considerably more slowly in membrane preparations than angiotensin IV. Hence, it might constitute a suitable research tool for biological studies of the (IRAP)/AT(4) receptor. ..
- Puiac S, Negrea A, Richter Dahlfors A, Plant L, Rhen M. Omeprazole antagonizes virulence and inflammation in Salmonella enterica-infected RAW264.7 cells. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009;53:2402-9 pubmed publisher..These results imply that omeprazole can be used to block the virulence factor-mediated intracellular replication of S. Typhimurium, and that its mechanism of growth inhibition is different from that mediated by bafilomycin A(1). ..
- Adamiak B, Trybala E, Mardberg K, Johansson M, Liljeqvist J, Olofsson S, et al. Human antibodies to herpes simplex virus type 1 glycoprotein C are neutralizing and target the heparan sulfate-binding domain. Virology. 2010;400:197-206 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in HaCaT cells and in cell systems showing restricted expression of glycosaminoglycans, human and some monoclonal anti-gC1 antibodies can target the cell-binding domain of this protein and neutralize viral infectivity. ..
- Johansson H, Vizlin Hodzic D, Simonsson T, Simonsson S. Translationally controlled tumor protein interacts with nucleophosmin during mitosis in ES cells. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:2160-9 pubmed..Our findings reveal a role for the Tpt1-Npm1 complex in cell proliferation and identify the Tpt1-Npm1 complex as a potential biomarker for mitotic ES cells. ..
- Singh B, Jalalvand F, Morgelin M, Zipfel P, Blom A, Riesbeck K. Haemophilus influenzae protein E recognizes the C-terminal domain of vitronectin and modulates the membrane attack complex. Mol Microbiol. 2011;81:80-98 pubmed publisher..influenzae. Our results define a fine-tuned interaction between H. influenzae and the innate immune system, and identify the mode of control of the MAC that is important for pathogen complement evasion. ..
- Phung B, Sun J, Schepsky A, Steingrimsson E, RÃ¶nnstrand L. C-KIT signaling depends on microphthalmia-associated transcription factor for effects on cell proliferation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24064 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal novel mechanisms by which c-KIT signaling regulates Mitf, with implications for understanding both melanocyte development and melanoma. ..
- Elmroth K, Stenerlow B. DNA-incorporated 125I induces more than one double-strand break per decay in mammalian cells. Radiat Res. 2005;163:369-73 pubmed..Thus, in addition to DSBs produced close to the decay site, DSBs may also be induced within neighboring chromatin fibers, releasing smaller DNA fragments that are not detected by conventional DSB assays. ..
- Vumma R, Wiesel F, Flyckt L, Bjerkenstedt L, Venizelos N. Functional characterization of tyrosine transport in fibroblast cells from healthy controls. Neurosci Lett. 2008;434:56-60 pubmed publisher..This study established fibroblast cells as a suitable experimental model for studying amino acid transport defects in humans. ..
- Sundström B, Nathrath W, Stigbrand T. Diversity in immunoreactivity of tumor-derived cytokeratin monoclonal antibodies. J Histochem Cytochem. 1989;37:1845-54 pubmed..TS 8 was mainly reactive with cytokeratin 19 and showed weak binding to cytokeratin 8 and 14. ..
- Glas R, Franksson L, Une C, Eloranta M, Ohlen C, Orn A, et al. Recruitment and activation of natural killer (NK) cells in vivo determined by the target cell phenotype. An adaptive component of NK cell-mediated responses. J Exp Med. 2000;191:129-38 pubmed..Observations are discussed in relation to a possible adaptive component of the NK response, i.e., recruitment/activation in response to challenges that only NK cells are able to neutralize...
- Jullig M, Eriksson S. Apoptosis induces efflux of the mitochondrial matrix enzyme deoxyguanosine kinase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:24000-4 pubmed
- Jakobsson P, Thorén S, Morgenstern R, Samuelsson B. Characterization of microsomal, glutathione dependent prostaglandin E synthase. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2002;507:287-91 pubmed
- Frisan T, Cortes Bratti X, Chaves Olarte E, Stenerlow B, Thelestam M. The Haemophilus ducreyi cytolethal distending toxin induces DNA double-strand breaks and promotes ATM-dependent activation of RhoA. Cell Microbiol. 2003;5:695-707 pubmed
- Thore S, Dyachok O, Tengholm A. Oscillations of phospholipase C activity triggered by depolarization and Ca2+ influx in insulin-secreting cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19396-400 pubmed..In insulin-secreting beta-cells, this mechanism provides a link between Ca2+ influx and release from intracellular stores that may be important in the regulation of insulin secretion. ..
- Grönroos E, Terentiev A, Punga T, Ericsson J. YY1 inhibits the activation of the p53 tumor suppressor in response to genotoxic stress. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:12165-70 pubmed..YY1 may, therefore, be an important negative regulator of the p53 tumor suppressor in response to genotoxic stress. ..
- Uhlin M, Masucci M, Levitsky V. Regulation of lck degradation and refractory state in CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9264-9 pubmed
- Boucher M, Selander L, Carlsson L, Edlund H. Phosphorylation marks IPF1/PDX1 protein for degradation by glycogen synthase kinase 3-dependent mechanisms. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:6395-403 pubmed..Thus, this current study uncovers a new mechanism that might contribute to diminished levels of IPF1/PDX1 protein and beta-cell dysfunction during the progression of diabetes. ..
- Granberg F, Svensson C, Pettersson U, Zhao H. Adenovirus-induced alterations in host cell gene expression prior to the onset of viral gene expression. Virology. 2006;353:1-5 pubmed..A time course analysis showed that the induction of these immediate-early response genes was transient and suppressed after the onset of the adenovirus early gene expression. ..
- Malmberg E, Pelaseyed T, Petersson A, Seidler U, De Jonge H, Riordan J, et al. The C-terminus of the transmembrane mucin MUC17 binds to the scaffold protein PDZK1 that stably localizes it to the enterocyte apical membrane in the small intestine. Biochem J. 2008;410:283-9 pubmed..This suggests that Pdzk1 plays a specific role in stabilizing Muc3(17)in the apical membrane of small intestinal enterocytes. ..
- Nilsson E, Jamshidi F, Johansson S, Oberste M, Arnberg N. Sialic acid is a cellular receptor for coxsackievirus A24 variant, an emerging virus with pandemic potential. J Virol. 2008;82:3061-8 pubmed publisher..Since several unrelated viruses with tropism for the eye use this receptor, sialic acid-based antiviral drugs that prevent virus entry may be useful for topical treatment of such infections...
- Li K, Zhang S, Kronqvist M, Wallin M, Ekstr m M, Derse D, et al. Intersubunit disulfide isomerization controls membrane fusion of human T-cell leukemia virus Env. J Virol. 2008;82:7135-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, this extends the applicability of the isomerization model from gammaretroviruses to deltaretroviruses...
- Bergstrom R, Savary K, Morén A, Guibert S, Heldin C, Ohlsson R, et al. Transforming growth factor beta promotes complexes between Smad proteins and the CCCTC-binding factor on the H19 imprinting control region chromatin. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19727-37 pubmed publisher..Because the CTCF-Smad complex is not essential for the chromatin insulator function of the H19 ICR, we propose that it can play a role in chromatin cross-talk organized by the H19 ICR. ..
- Ellström P, Feodoroff B, Hänninen M, Rautelin H. Characterization of clinical Campylobacter jejuni isolates with special emphasis on lipooligosaccharide locus class, putative virulence factors and host response. Int J Med Microbiol. 2013;303:134-9 pubmed publisher..Absence of the iron transport protein encoded by the gene ceuE as well as the putative fucose permease gene cj0486 was associated with increased in vitro IL-8 secretion...
- Li Z, Huang Y, Du J, Liu A, Tang C, Qi Y, et al. Endogenous Sulfur Dioxide Inhibits Vascular Calcification in Association with the TGF-Î²/Smad Signaling Pathway. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:266 pubmed publisher..In brief, SOâ‚‚ significantly ameliorated vascular calcification in association with downregulation of the TGF-Î²/Smad pathway. ..
- Zalis M, Reyes J, Augustsson P, Holmqvist S, Roybon L, Laurell T, et al. Label-free concentration of viable neurons, hESCs and cancer cells by means of acoustophoresis. Integr Biol (Camb). 2016;8:332-40 pubmed publisher..Further, we demonstrate that different death inducing stimuli have different effects on the intrinsic cell properties and therefore affect the efficiency of the acoustophoretic separation. ..
- Samakovlis C, Kimbrell D, Kylsten P, Engstrom A, Hultmark D. The immune response in Drosophila: pattern of cecropin expression and biological activity. EMBO J. 1990;9:2969-76 pubmed..A useful in vitro system to study the immune response has been found in Schneider's line 2 cells which respond to lipopolysaccharide and laminarin by cecropin expression. ..
- Oberg Welsh C, Welsh M. Cloning of BSK, a murine FRK homologue with a specific pattern of tissue distribution. Gene. 1995;152:239-42 pubmed..9, 3.1 and 5.0 kb) present in kidney, liver and lung. Extensive homology of BSK with the recently identified human gene FRK was observed. It is concluded that Bsk is a murine Frk homologue with a specific pattern of tissue expression. ..
- Swedmark S, Morgenstern R, Weinander R. The mRNA for GST Pi from FRHK rhesus monkey kidney cells codes for an enzyme with activity towards 1-chloro-2,4-dinitrobenzene in spite of an I68F mutation. Gene. 1998;206:99-105 pubmed..This difference does not appear to affect the function of the FRHK GST Pi. ..
- Nordengrahn A, Svenda M, Moreno Lopez J, Bergvall A, Hernandez P, McNeilly F, et al. Development of a blocking ELISA for screening antibodies to porcine rubulavirus, La Piedad Michoacan Virus. J Vet Diagn Invest. 1999;11:319-23 pubmed..The blocking ELISA is considered the most suitable test for routine screening for antibodies against LPMV. ..
- Wallberg A, Neely K, Hassan A, Gustafsson J, Workman J, Wright A. Recruitment of the SWI-SNF chromatin remodeling complex as a mechanism of gene activation by the glucocorticoid receptor tau1 activation domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:2004-13 pubmed..We also provide evidence that the SWI-SNF and SAGA complexes represent independent pathways of tau1-mediated activation but play overlapping roles that are able to compensate for one another under some conditions. ..
- Mahlapuu M, Enerback S, Carlsson P. Haploinsufficiency of the forkhead gene Foxf1, a target for sonic hedgehog signaling, causes lung and foregut malformations. Development. 2001;128:2397-406 pubmed..Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) 10 and FGF7 both decrease Foxf1 expression and we speculate that this is mediated by transcriptional activation of epithelial Bmp4 (in the case of FGF10) and by inhibition of Shh expression for FGF7. ..
- Kanduri C, Fitzpatrick G, Mukhopadhyay R, Kanduri M, Lobanenkov V, Higgins M, et al. A differentially methylated imprinting control region within the Kcnq1 locus harbors a methylation-sensitive chromatin insulator. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:18106-10 pubmed..Moreover, we document that CpG methylation regulates this insulator function suggesting that a methylation-sensitive chromatin insulator is a common theme in the phenomenon of genomic imprinting. ..
- Castanos Velez E, Heiden T, Lindvall C, Capello D, Sandlund A, Imreh S, et al. Simian AIDS-related lymphoma growth in severe combined immunodeficiency mice is independent of karyotypic abnormalities or Bcl-6 mutations. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2002;18:383-90 pubmed..We also demonstrate that no cytogenetic alterations are needed for the development of highly aggressive lymphomas in the SIV-immunosuppressed host...
- Bengtsson S, Madeyski Bengtson K, Nilsson J, Bjursell G. Transcriptional regulation of the human carboxyl ester lipase gene in THP-1 monocytes: an E-box required for activation binds upstream stimulatory factors 1 and 2. Biochem J. 2002;365:481-8 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate that the E-box is also necessary for CEL expression in the pancreas and the mammary gland, although there are tissue-specific requirements for additional activating elements. ..
- Bjorkhem I, Araya Z, Rudling M, Angelin B, Einarsson C, Wikvall K. Differences in the regulation of the classical and the alternative pathway for bile acid synthesis in human liver. No coordinate regulation of CYP7A1 and CYP27A1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:26804-7 pubmed..The results underline that marked species differences may exist in mechanisms for control of synthesis of bile acids and cholesterol homeostasis. ..
- Kotarsky K, Nilsson N, Flodgren E, Owman C, Olde B. A human cell surface receptor activated by free fatty acids and thiazolidinedione drugs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;301:406-10 pubmed
- Wan M, Schramm R, Klintman D, Welzenbach K, Weitz Schmidt G, Thorlacius H. A statin-based inhibitor of lymphocyte function antigen-1 protects against ischemia/reperfusion-induced leukocyte adhesion in the colon. Br J Pharmacol. 2003;140:395-401 pubmed..These novel findings may have great implications in the clinical treatment of conditions associated with I/R-induced tissue injury, such as organ transplantation, trauma and major surgery. ..
- Lanbeck P, Odenholt I, Riesbeck K. Dicloxacillin and erythromycin at high concentrations increase ICAM-1 expression by endothelial cells: a possible factor in the pathogenesis of infusion phlebitis. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2004;53:174-9 pubmed..This is a novel finding in the pathogenesis of infusion phlebitis. ..
- Nyberg K, Ekblad M, Bergstrom T, Freeman C, Parish C, Ferro V, et al. The low molecular weight heparan sulfate-mimetic, PI-88, inhibits cell-to-cell spread of herpes simplex virus. Antiviral Res. 2004;63:15-24 pubmed..The latter was efficiently inhibited by a relatively small but densely sulfated PI-88 oligosaccharide, very likely due to the capability of the compound to access the narrow intercellular space. ..
- Söderberg L, Kakuyama H, Möller A, Ito A, Winblad B, Tjernberg L, et al. Characterization of the Alzheimer's disease-associated CLAC protein and identification of an amyloid beta-peptide-binding site. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1007-15 pubmed..These findings may be useful for future therapeutic interventions aimed at finding compounds that modulate the binding of CLAC to Abeta deposits. ..
- Gustafsson A, Kupershmidt I, Edlundh Rose E, Greco G, Serafino A, Krasnowska E, et al. Global gene expression analysis in time series following N-acetyl L-cysteine induced epithelial differentiation of human normal and cancer cells in vitro. BMC Cancer. 2005;5:75 pubmed..The responses are largely related to inhibition of proliferation and stimulation of differentiation in both cell types but are almost completely lineage specific. ID-1 is indicated as an early mediator of NAC action. ..
- Tiedemann K, Olander B, Eklund E, Todorova L, Bengtsson M, Maccarana M, et al. Regulation of the chondroitin/dermatan fine structure by transforming growth factor-beta1 through effects on polymer-modifying enzymes. Glycobiology. 2005;15:1277-85 pubmed..Thus, cellular activity and transcript level correlated well with the changes in the structure of the dermatan/chondroitin sulfate chains. ..
- Wicher G, Larsson M, Rask L, Aldskogius H. Low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP)-2/megalin is transiently expressed in a subpopulation of neural progenitors in the embryonic mouse spinal cord. J Comp Neurol. 2005;492:123-31 pubmed..These findings suggest that megalin has a crucial role in the development of astrocytes of the spinal cord. ..
- Malmlöf M, Roudier E, Hogberg J, Stenius U. MEK-ERK-mediated phosphorylation of Mdm2 at Ser-166 in hepatocytes. Mdm2 is activated in response to inhibited Akt signaling. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:2288-96 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicate that Mdm2 phosphorylation is regulated via MEK-ERK in hepatocytes. This Mdm2 signaling might be important for the regeneration of hepatocytes after centrilobular cell death. ..
- Swahn B, Macsari I, Viklund J, Ohberg L, Sjödin J, Neelissen J, et al. Liver X receptor agonists with selectivity for LXRbeta; N-aryl-3,3,3-trifluoro-2-hydroxy-2-methylpropionamides. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2009;19:2009-12 pubmed publisher..The effort to optimize these hits into LXRbeta selectivity is described. Compound 20 displayed desirable pharmacokinetic profile and up regulation of ABCA1 and ABCG1 mRNA in the brain were achieved when evaluated in vivo in mice...
- Hafizi S, Gustafsson A, Oslakovic C, Idevall Hagren O, Tengholm A, Sperandio O, et al. Tensin2 reduces intracellular phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate levels at the plasma membrane. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;399:396-401 pubmed publisher..In summary, we provide evidence that Tensin2, in addition to regulating cytoskeletal dynamics, influences phosphoinositide-Akt signalling through its PTPase domain. ..
- Sellin M, Holmfeldt P, Stenmark S, Gullberg M. Microtubules support a disk-like septin arrangement at the plasma membrane of mammalian cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4588-601 pubmed publisher..The combined data point to a mechanism by which densely arranged cortical microtubules, which are typical for nonadhered spherical cells, support plasma membrane-bound, disk-like septin assemblies. ..
- Vuppalapati K, Bouderlique T, Newton P, Kaminskyy V, Wehtje H, Ohlsson C, et al. Targeted Deletion of Autophagy Genes Atg5 or Atg7 in the Chondrocytes Promotes Caspase-Dependent Cell Death and Leads to Mild Growth Retardation. J Bone Miner Res. 2015;30:2249-61 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data suggest that autophagy is important for chondrocyte survival, and inhibition of this process leads to stunted growth and caspase-dependent death of chondrocytes. ..
- Bagdonaite I, Nordén R, Joshi H, King S, Vakhrushev S, Olofsson S, et al. Global Mapping of O-Glycosylation of Varicella Zoster Virus, Human Cytomegalovirus, and Epstein-Barr Virus. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12014-28 pubmed publisher..This knowledge enables dissection of specific functional roles of individual glycosites and, moreover, provides a framework for design of glycoprotein vaccines with representative glycosylation. ..
- Li S, Paulsson K, Sjogren H, Wang P. Peptide-bound major histocompatibility complex class I molecules associate with tapasin before dissociation from transporter associated with antigen processing. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:8649-54 pubmed..This difference in association with peptide-loaded class I suggests that tapasin functions later than calreticulin during MHC class I assembly, and controls peptide loading onto MHC class I molecules in the endoplasmic reticulum...
- Samakovlis C, Asling B, Boman H, Gateff E, Hultmark D. In vitro induction of cecropin genes--an immune response in a Drosophila blood cell line. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;188:1169-75 pubmed..Experiments with different drugs indicate that the response may be mediated by a G protein, but not by protein kinase C or eicosanoids, and that it requires a protein factor with a high rate of turnover. ..
- Amin K, Beillevaire D, Mahmoud E, Hammar L, Mardh P, Froman G. Binding of Galanthus nivalis lectin to Chlamydia trachomatis and inhibition of in vitro infection. APMIS. 1995;103:714-20 pubmed..Mannose-binding proteins of eukaryotic cells could be important for the initial uptake of EBs. ..
- Olofsson B, Pajusola K, von Euler G, Chilov D, Alitalo K, Eriksson U. Genomic organization of the mouse and human genes for vascular endothelial growth factor B (VEGF-B) and characterization of a second splice isoform. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:19310-7 pubmed..The entirely different COOH-terminal domains in the two isoforms of vascular endothelial growth factor B imply that some functional properties of the two proteins are distinct. ..
- Kjellstrom S, Emneus J, Laurell T, Heintz L, Marko Varga G. On-line coupling of microdialysis sampling with liquid chromatography for the determination of peptide and non-peptide leukotrienes. J Chromatogr A. 1998;823:489-96 pubmed..The total time for one analysis was 7.6 min allowing seven measurements per hour for monitoring kinetic changes in biological systems. ..
- Kannius Janson M, Lidberg U, Bjursell G, Nilsson J. The tissue-specific regulation of the carboxyl ester lipase gene in exocrine pancreas differs significantly between mouse and human. Biochem J. 2000;351 Pt 2:367-76 pubmed..Hence, our findings provide an example of genetic divergence between species not accompanied by difference in function. ..
- Bjorkhem I, Starck L, Andersson U, Lutjohann D, von Bahr S, Pikuleva I, et al. Oxysterols in the circulation of patients with the Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome: abnormal levels of 24S- and 27-hydroxycholesterol. J Lipid Res. 2001;42:366-71 pubmed..Lütjohann, S. von Bahr, I. Pikuleva, A. Babiker, and U. Diczfaulsy. Oxysterols in the circulation of patients with the Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome: abnormal levels of 24S- and 27-hydroxycholesterol. J. Lipid Res. 2001. 42: 366--371. ..
- Barbu A, Welsh N, Saldeen J. Cytokine-induced apoptosis and necrosis are preceded by disruption of the mitochondrial membrane potential (Deltapsi(m)) in pancreatic RINm5F cells: prevention by Bcl-2. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2002;190:75-82 pubmed..Bcl-2 may prevent beta-cell death by counteracting mitochondrial permeability transition. ..
- Thodeti C, Massoumi R, Bindslev L, Sjölander A. Leukotriene D4 induces association of active RhoA with phospholipase C-gamma1 in intestinal epithelial cells. Biochem J. 2002;365:157-63 pubmed..Our results are the first to demonstrate a LTD4-induced activation of RhoA and more importantly its association with PLC-gamma1, which are essential for the PLC-gamma1-mediated calcium mobilization. ..
- Kask L, Hillarp A, Ramesh B, Dahlback B, Blom A. Structural requirements for the intracellular subunit polymerization of the complement inhibitor C4b-binding protein. Biochemistry. 2002;41:9349-57 pubmed..Gel filtration analysis of these variants demonstrated the whole alpha-helix region to be required for the formation of stable polymers of C4BP, which were further stabilized by the formation of disulfide bonds. ..
- Lundquist P, Ritchie H, Moore K, Lundgren T, Linde A. Phosphate and calcium uptake by rat odontoblast-like MRPC-1 cells concomitant with mineralization. J Bone Miner Res. 2002;17:1801-13 pubmed
- Xia L, Nordman T, Olsson J, Damdimopoulos A, Björkhem Bergman L, Nalvarte I, et al. The mammalian cytosolic selenoenzyme thioredoxin reductase reduces ubiquinone. A novel mechanism for defense against oxidative stress. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2141-6 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the selenoenzyme thioredoxin reductase is an important selenium-dependent ubiquinone reductase and can explain how selenium and ubiquinone, by a combined action, may protect the cell from oxidative damage. ..
- Karlgren M, Backlund M, Johansson I, Oscarson M, Ingelman Sundberg M. Characterization and tissue distribution of a novel human cytochrome P450-CYP2U1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;315:679-85 pubmed..The physiological and toxicological role of this novel P450 is still unknown, but the selective tissue distribution suggests an important endogenous function. ..
- Bladh L, Liden J, Pazirandeh A, Rafter I, Dahlman Wright K, Nilsson S, et al. Identification of target genes involved in the antiproliferative effect of glucocorticoids reveals a role for nuclear factor-(kappa)B repression. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:632-43 pubmed..These results demonstrate that GC-mediated inhibition of NF-(kappa)B is an important mechanism in the antiproliferative response to GCs. ..
- Améen C, Edvardsson U, Ljungberg A, Asp L, Akerblad P, Tuneld A, et al. Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha increases the expression and activity of microsomal triglyceride transfer protein in the liver. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1224-9 pubmed..This effect is paralleled by a change in apoB-100 secretion, indicating that the effect of Wy on apoB-100 secretion is mediated by increased expression of MTP. ..
- Birse R, Johnson E, Taghert P, Nassel D. Widely distributed Drosophila G-protein-coupled receptor (CG7887) is activated by endogenous tachykinin-related peptides. J Neurobiol. 2006;66:33-46 pubmed..Our findings suggest that DTKR is a DTK receptor in Drosophila and that this ligand-receptor system plays multiple functional roles. ..