Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in South Korea
Locale: South Korea
Topic: cell line
Publications178 found, 100 shown here
- Han S, Yeo J, Cho Y, Pak S. Royal jelly reduces melanin synthesis through down-regulation of tyrosinase expression. Am J Chin Med. 2011;39:1253-60 pubmed..These results suggest that royal jelly reduces melanin synthesis by down-regulation of tyrosinase mRNA transcription and serves as a new candidate in the design of new skin-whitening or therapeutic agents. ..
- Lee I, Ryu D, Lim J, Cho S, Kang B, Choi H. Artesunate activates Nrf2 pathway-driven anti-inflammatory potential through ERK signaling in microglial BV2 cells. Neurosci Lett. 2012;509:17-21 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study demonstrates that artesunate is a potential activator of the Nrf2/ARE-dependent pathway and is therapeutically relevant to inflammatory responses of microglial cells. ..
- Das N, Jung K, Choi M, Yoon H, Kim S, Chai Y. Gene networking and inflammatory pathway analysis in a JMJD3 knockdown human monocytic cell line. Cell Biochem Funct. 2012;30:224-32 pubmed publisher..Finally, this study establishes novel JMJD3 targets through Ingenuity Pathway Analysis. ..
- Chanda D, Kim Y, Kim D, Lee M, Lee S, Park T, et al. Activation of cannabinoid receptor type 1 (Cb1r) disrupts hepatic insulin receptor signaling via cyclic AMP-response element-binding protein H (Crebh)-mediated induction of Lipin1 gene. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:38041-9 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a novel mechanism by which Cb1r signaling induces Lipin1 gene expression and increases DAG production by activating Crebh, thereby deregulating insulin receptor signaling pathway and lipid homeostasis. ..
- Kyeong I, Eum W, Choi S, Kang J. Oxidative modification of neurofilament-L and neuronal cell death induced by the catechol neurotoxin, tetrahydropapaveroline. Toxicol Lett. 2013;217:59-66 pubmed publisher..5-fold compared with control cells. Furthermore, treatment of cells with THP increased NF-L aggregate formation, suggesting the involvement of NF-L modification in THP-induced cell damage. ..
- Kim Y, Lee S, Kim B, Choy H, Rhee J. A dual regulatory role of cyclic adenosine monophosphate receptor protein in various virulence traits of Vibrio vulnificus. Microbiol Immunol. 2013;57:273-80 pubmed publisher..The crp mutant caused the cytoskeletal rearrangement in HeLa cells, which is a hallmark activity of RtxA1 toxin. Taken together, CRP seems to play a dual regulatory role in various virulence traits of V. vulnificus. ..
- Kim S, Chang B, Han S, Hwang B, Kim S, Lee M. A new phenolic glycoside from Cnidium monnieri fruits. Nat Prod Res. 2013;27:1945-8 pubmed publisher..All the isolated compounds, however, exerted little immunomodulatory effect in RAW 264.7 cells. ..
- Lee H, Oh E, Kim S, Seo J, Bae Y. Oxidized low-density lipoprotein-induced foam cell formation is mediated by formyl peptide receptor 2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:1003-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings therefore suggest that oxLDL stimulates macrophages, resulting in chemotactic migration, TNF-? production, and foam cell formation via FPR2 signaling, and thus likely contributes to atherogenesis. ..
- Song I, Jeong B, Choi Y, Chung Y, Kim N. GATA4 negatively regulates bone sialoprotein expression in osteoblasts. BMB Rep. 2016;49:343-8 pubmed..Our data suggest that GATA4 acts as a negative regulator of Bsp expression in osteoblasts. [BMB Reports 2016; 49(6): 343-348]. ..
- Cho S, Ko H, Kim J, Lee J, Park J, Jang M, et al. Positive regulation of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 by hD53L1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16050-6 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that activation of ASK1 by hD53L1 may provide a novel mechanism for ASK1 regulation. ..
- Song K, Park Y, Park K, Hong C, Park J, Shong M, et al. The atypical orphan nuclear receptor DAX-1 interacts with orphan nuclear receptor Nur77 and represses its transactivation. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:1929-40 pubmed..These results suggest that DAX-1 acts as a novel coregulator of the orphan nuclear receptor Nur77, and that the DAX-1 may play a key role in the regulation of Nur77-mediated steroidogenesis in testicular Leydig cells. ..
- Kim H, Shin H, Park H, Kim Y, Yun Y, Park S, et al. In vitro inhibition of coronavirus replications by the traditionally used medicinal herbal extracts, Cimicifuga rhizoma, Meliae cortex, Coptidis rhizoma, and Phellodendron cortex. J Clin Virol. 2008;41:122-8 pubmed..A search for new anti-coronaviral drugs to treat coronaviral infections was motivated by an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)...
- Shin N, Jeong H, Kwon J, Heo H, Kwon J, Yun H, et al. LRRK2 regulates synaptic vesicle endocytosis. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:2055-65 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that LRRK2, in conjunction with its interaction with Rab5b, plays an important role in synaptic function by modulating the endocytosis of synaptic vesicles. ..
- Jung W, Ahn Y, Lee S, Choi Y, Kim S, Yea S, et al. Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit lipopolysaccharide-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase expression in BV2 microglia via the MAP kinase and NF-kappaB pathways. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009;47:410-7 pubmed publisher..These findings provide mechanistic insights into the anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective actions of EC in BV2 microglia. ..
- Ryu S, Kim K, Kim H, Kim M, Kim N, Kang Y, et al. Oncogenic Ras-mediated downregulation of Clast1/LR8 is involved in Ras-mediated neoplastic transformation and tumorigenesis in NIH3T3 cells. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:1990-6 pubmed publisher..This study identifies the downregulation of Clast1/LR8 as a potentially important mechanism by which oncogenic Ras-mediated neoplastic transformation occurs. ..
- Yoon H, Yun S, Kim B, Jin Q, Woo E, Jeong S, et al. Poncirin promotes osteoblast differentiation but inhibits adipocyte differentiation in mesenchymal stem cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;664:54-9 pubmed publisher..Poncirin increased mineral nodule formation in primary bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. These results suggest that poncirin prevents adipogenesis and enhances osteoblast differentiation in mesenchymal stem cells. ..
- Kee H, Kim J, Joung H, Choe N, Lee S, Eom G, et al. Ret finger protein inhibits muscle differentiation by modulating serum response factor and enhancer of polycomb1. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:121-31 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings highlight RFP as a novel regulator of muscle differentiation that acts by modulating the expression of SRF-dependent skeletal muscle-specific genes. ..
- Lee J, Lim K. SJSZ glycoprotein (38 kDa) modulates expression of IL-2, IL-12, and IFN-? in cyclophosphamide-induced Balb/c. Inflamm Res. 2012;61:1319-28 pubmed publisher..The object of this study was to understand whether Styrax japonica Siebold et al. Zuccarini (SJSZ) glycoprotein prevents immunosuppression in CTX-induced Balb/c...
- Park H, Lee M, Kang S, Hwang H, Park K, Choung Y, et al. Nitric oxide mediates TNF-?-induced apoptosis in the auditory cell line. Laryngoscope. 2012;122:2256-64 pubmed publisher..TNF-? can induce apoptosis in the auditory cell line, and NO production in response to TNF-? is essential for apoptosis. ..
- Lee J, Lim K. Growth of HepG2 cells was suppressed through modulation of STAT6/IL-4 and IL-10 in RAW 264.7 cells treated by phytoglycoprotein (38 kDa). Inflammation. 2013;36:549-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, the results of this study suggest that the SJSZ glycoprotein suppresses proliferation of HepG2 cells by modulating M2...
- Park H, Kim M, Li Y, Park Y, Lee J, Lee Y, et al. Britanin suppresses LPS-induced nitric oxide, PGE2 and cytokine production via NF-?B and MAPK inactivation in RAW 264.7 cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2013;15:296-302 pubmed publisher..We conclude that britanin may have potential for the treatment of inflammatory diseases through the down-regulation of MAP kinases and NF-?B mediated activation of macrophages. ..
- Kim H, Na B, Kwon M, Ko Y, Han W, Jun C. Dynamic motile T cells highly respond to the T cell stimulation via PI3K-Akt and NF-?B pathways. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59793 pubmed publisher..This study is the first, to our knowledge, to demonstrate that T cells can be subcategorized on the basis of their intrinsic migratory capacity in relation to T cell activation. ..
- Park J, Jang H, Hwang S, Kim E, Kim D, Oh K, et al. ER stress-inducible ATF3 suppresses BMP2-induced ALP expression and activation in MC3T3-E1 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:333-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that ATF3 is a novel negative regulator of osteoblast differentiation by specifically suppressing ALP gene expression in preosteoblasts. ..
- Kim K, Kim G, Kim J, Yun H, Lim S, Choi H. Interleukin-22 promotes epithelial cell transformation and breast tumorigenesis via MAP3K8 activation. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:1352-61 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings point to a critical role for the IL-22-induced MAP3K8 signaling pathway in promoting cancer-associated inflammation in the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Suh J, Shong M, Choi H, Lee K. CR6-interacting factor 1 represses the transactivation of androgen receptor by direct interaction. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:33-46 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that CRIF1 acts as an AR corepressor and may play an important role in the regulation of AR-positive growth of prostate cancer. ..
- Yun J, Kim Y, Tomida A, Choi C. Regulation of DNA topoisomerase IIalpha stability by the ECV ubiquitin ligase complex. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;389:5-9 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that ECV acts as E3 ubiquitin ligase targeting GRDD-independent topo IIalpha to the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. ..
- Oh J, Jeong D, Cha H, Kim J, Lifirsu E, Kim J, et al. PICOT increases cardiac contractility by inhibiting PKC? activity. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2012;53:53-63 pubmed publisher..This finding provides a novel insight into the regulation of cardiac contractility. ..
- Koh P. Ferulic acid attenuates the injury-induced decrease of protein phosphatase 2A subunit B in ischemic brain injury. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54217 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the maintenance of PP2A subunit B by ferulic acid in ischemic brain injury plays an important role for the neuroprotective function of ferulic acid. ..
- Lee S, Choi N, Yu H, Park J, Choi H, Lee K, et al. Atorvastatin Protects NSC-34 Motor Neurons Against Oxidative Stress by Activating PI3K, ERK and Free Radical Scavenging. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:695-705 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that statins could help protect motor neurons from oxidative stress. ..
- Oh J, Lee J, Han S, Moon Y, Kim Y, Woo E, et al. Effects of phenylethanoid glycosides from Digitalis purpurea L. on the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2005;57:903-10 pubmed..These results demonstrated that purpureaside A inhibited LPS-inducible iNOS expression in macrophages through the suppression of AP-1, but not of NF-kappaB...
- Park S, Jeong C, Yoon S, Choy H, Saif L, Park S, et al. Detection and characterization of bovine coronaviruses in fecal specimens of adult cattle with diarrhea during the warmer seasons. J Clin Microbiol. 2006;44:3178-88 pubmed..These and previous results revealed a high prevalence and widespread geographical distribution of BCoV, suggesting that this virus is endemic in adult cattle with diarrhea in all seasons in South Korea. ..
- Kim C, Joo S, Lee K, Choi J, Bae E, Ma S, et al. Paricalcitol attenuates 4-hydroxy-2-hexenal-induced inflammation and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human renal proximal tubular epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63186 pubmed publisher..These results show that paricalcitol attenuated HHE-induced renal tubular cell injury by suppressing inflammation and EMT process through inhibition of the NF-?B, TGF-?/Smad, and ?-catenin signaling pathways. ..
- Shin J, Yoon I, Kim J, Kim B, Park C. Vascular endothelial growth factor-induced chemotaxis and IL-10 from T cells. Cell Immunol. 2009;256:72-8 pubmed publisher..Engagement of a high concentration of VEGF with VEGFR1 on T cells may cause T cells to migrate to tumor sites, and this interaction may play a role in IL-10-mediated immune evasion by tumor cells. ..
- Lee H, Kim B, Kim M. Suppression effect of Cinnamomum cassia bark-derived component on nitric oxide synthase. J Agric Food Chem. 2002;50:7700-3 pubmed..As a naturally occurring therapeutic agent, trans-cinnamaldehyde could be useful for developing new types of NO inhibitors...
- Kim Y, Park M, Uhm D, Chung S. Modulation of T-type Ca2+ channels by corticotropin-releasing factor through protein kinase C pathway in MN9D dopaminergic cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;358:796-801 pubmed..PKC inhibitors abolished the effect of urocortin. These results suggest that urocortin modulates T-type Ca(2+) channel by interacting with CRF-R1 via the activation of PKC signal pathway in MN9D cells. ..
- Kwon H, So J, Lee C, Sahoo A, Yi H, Park J, et al. Foxp3 induces IL-4 gene silencing by affecting nuclear translocation of NFkappaB and chromatin structure. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:3205-12 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Foxp3 could induce gene silencing by inhibiting NFkappaB activity and by causing its target loci to adopt an inactive chromatin configuration. ..
- Cho I, Kim D, Lee M, Bae J, Lee K, Song W. SPIN90 phosphorylation modulates spine structure and synaptic function. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54276 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings show that SPIN90 modulates synaptic activity in neurons as a result of its phosphorylation. ..
- Han C, Hien T, Lim S, Kang K. Role of Pin1 in UVA-induced cell proliferation and malignant transformation in epidermal cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;410:68-74 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that pre-exposure of JB6 C141 cells to UVA potentiated EGF-inducible, anchorage-independent growth, and this effect was significantly suppressed by Pin1inhibition or by NAC. ..
- Lee J, Lee S, Lim K. CTB glycoprotein (75kDa) inhibits IgE releasing, TNF-? and IL-6 expressed by bisphenol A in vivo and in vitro. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:2109-17 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of this study indicated that the CTB glycoprotein modulates the expression of allergic inflammation-related factors via the suppression of MAPK/AP-1 activation. ..
- Shin I, Hong J, Jeon C, Shin N, Kwon O, Kim H, et al. Diallyl-disulfide, an organosulfur compound of garlic, attenuates airway inflammation via activation of the Nrf-2/HO-1 pathway and NF-kappaB suppression. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;62:506-13 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DADS reduced the airway inflammation via regulation of Nrf-2/HO-1 and NF-?B. These results suggest that DADS might represent a useful new oral therapy to treat allergic asthma. ..
- Ko H, Oh S, Bang H, Kang N, Cho B, Im S, et al. Glutamine protects mice from lethal endotoxic shock via a rapid induction of MAPK phosphatase-1. J Immunol. 2009;182:7957-62 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Gln exerts a beneficial effect on endotoxic shock by inactivating p38 and JNK via a rapid induction of MKP-1 protein in an ERK-dependent way. ..
- Oh S, Lee S, Choi C, Lee S, Lim S. Cadmium adaptation is regulated by multidrug resistance-associated protein-mediated Akt pathway and metallothionein induction. Arch Pharm Res. 2009;32:883-91 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study could be potentially beneficial in the design of therapeutic targets for Cd-induced tumor progression. ..
- Choe N, Kwon J, Kim J, Eom G, Kim Y, Nam K, et al. The microRNA miR-132 targets Lrrfip1 to block vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and neointimal hyperplasia. Atherosclerosis. 2013;229:348-55 pubmed publisher..Here we report that microRNA-132 (miR-132) blocks vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMC) proliferation by inhibiting the expression of LRRFIP1 [leucine-rich repeat (in Flightless 1) interacting protein-1]...
- Kim B, Uhm T, Lee S, Lee S, Kang J, Park C, et al. The crucial role of GATA-1 in CCR3 gene transcription: modulated balance by multiple GATA elements in the CCR3 regulatory region. J Immunol. 2010;185:6866-75 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that GATA-1 controls CCR3 transcription by interacting dynamically with the multiple GATA sites in the regulatory region of the CCR3 gene. ..
- Ahn S, Gang G, Kim Y, Ahn R, Harris R, Lee C, et al. Insulin directly regulates steroidogenesis via induction of the orphan nuclear receptor DAX-1 in testicular Leydig cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:15937-46 pubmed publisher..These results represent a novel regulatory mechanism of steroidogenesis in Leydig cells. Insulin-mediated induction of DAX-1 in Leydig cells of testis may be a key regulatory step of serum sex hormone level in insulin-resistant states...
- Kim G, Lee G, Nedumaran B, Park Y, Kim K, Park S, et al. The orphan nuclear receptor DAX-1 acts as a novel transcriptional corepressor of PPARgamma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;370:264-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that DAX-1 acts as a corepressor of PPARgamma and performs a potential function in the regulation of PPARgamma-mediated cellular differentiation. ..
- Jin Y, Kim C, Kim Y, Nizamutdinova I, Ha Y, Kim H, et al. Cryptotanshinone, a lipophilic compound of Salvia miltiorrriza root, inhibits TNF-alpha-induced expression of adhesion molecules in HUVEC and attenuates rat myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury in vivo. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;614:91-7 pubmed publisher
- Cho Y, Kim H, Kim Y, Lee K, Choi H, Lee I, et al. Differential anti-inflammatory pathway by xanthohumol in IFN-gamma and LPS-activated macrophages. Int Immunopharmacol. 2008;8:567-73 pubmed publisher..7 cells, the binding activity of STAT-1alpha and IRF-1 was inhibited by XN. This suggests that differential signaling pathways are used by XN for the inhibition of excess inflammatory mediators depending on the stimuli in macrophages. ..
- Jun J, Chung C, Lee H, Pyo J, Lee K, Kim N, et al. Role of FLASH in caspase-8-mediated activation of NF-kappaB: dominant-negative function of FLASH mutant in NF-kappaB signaling pathway. Oncogene. 2005;24:688-96 pubmed..Further, immunoprecipitation assays showed that caspase-8 formed triple complex with TRAF2 and FLASH. Taken together, these results suggest that endogenous caspase-8 mediates TNF-alpha-induced activation of NF-kappaB via FLASH. ..
- Kim H, Ki H, Park H, Kim K. Presenilin-1 D257A and D385A mutants fail to cleave Notch in their endoproteolyzed forms, but only presenilin-1 D385A mutant can restore its gamma-secretase activity with the compensatory overexpression of normal C-terminal fragment. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22462-72 pubmed..Taken together, results have shown that NTF and CTF integrate differently into high molecular weight aggregates and that PS-1 Asp-257 and Asp-385 have different accessibilities in their unendoproteolyzed conformation. ..
- Lee S, Lim K. Phytoglycoprotein (24 kDa) inhibits expression of PCNA via PKCalpha and MAPKs in oxygen radical-stimulated Chang liver cells. J Nutr Biochem. 2009;20:96-105 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, we speculate that this glycoprotein is one of the natural antioxidants and of the modulators on abnormal activation of cell proliferation-related molecules in Chang liver cells. ..
- Kang C, Lee H, Jung E, Seyedian R, Jo M, Kim J, et al. Saffron (Crocus sativus L.) increases glucose uptake and insulin sensitivity in muscle cells via multipathway mechanisms. Food Chem. 2012;135:2350-8 pubmed publisher..Our study provides important insights for the possible mechanism of action of saffron and its potential as a therapeutic agent in diabetic patients...
- Jeong H, Choi C. Expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase by alpha-hederin in macrophages. Planta Med. 2002;68:392-6 pubmed..These results demonstrate that alpha-hederin stimulates NO release and is able to upregulate iNOS expression through NF-kappa B transactivation, which may be a mechanism, whereby alpha-hederin elicits its biological effects...
- Han H, Heo J, Lee Y. ANG II increases 2-deoxyglucose uptake in mouse embryonic stem cells. Life Sci. 2005;77:1916-33 pubmed..A 23187 (Ca2+ ionophore) increased 2-DG uptake and nifedifine (L-type Ca2+ channel blocker) blocked it. In conclusion, ANG II increased 2-DG uptake by PKC activation via AT1 receptor in mouse ES cells. ..
- Byun S, Jeon I, Lee H, Kim T. IFN-gamma upregulates expression of the mouse complement C1rA gene in keratinocytes via IFN-regulatory factor-1. J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:1187-96 pubmed..We conclude that IFN-gamma stimulates mC1rA gene expression via IRF-1 in mouse keratinocytes. ..
- Lee K, Jo S, Kim H, Lee J, Park C. Functional modulation of AMP-activated protein kinase by cereblon. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1813:448-55 pubmed publisher..Moreover, AMPK ?1 can be potently activated by suppressing endogenous CRBN using CRBN-specific small hairpin RNAs. Thus, CRBN may act as a negative modulator of the AMPK signaling pathway in vivo. ..
- Kim S, Han S. Tyrosinase scavenges tyrosyl radical. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;312:642-9 pubmed..The results are accounted for by a mechanism in which tyrosyl radical is reduced to tyrosine by oxytyrosinase and the resulting met-form reacts with H(2)O(2) to return to the oxy-form. ..
- Kim M, Choi S, Kim H, Kim C, Hong B, Kim Y, et al. Activation effects of Allium tuberosum Rottl. on choline acetyltransferase. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:226-30 pubmed..tuberoum Rottl. exhibited ChAT activity in a dose-dependent manner and showed notoxicity in a cell viability assay (MTT assay). We suggest that the ferulic acid from A. tuberoum Rottl. was the strong ChAT activator...
- Cheal Yoo J, Park N, Lee B, Nashed A, Lee Y, Hwan Kim T, et al. 14-3-3? regulates Copine1-mediated neuronal differentiation in HiB5 hippocampal progenitor cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;356:85-92 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings indicate that 14-3-3? regulates the differentiation ability of CPNE1 through the binding with C2A domain of CPNE1 in HiB5 cells. ..
- Gu Y, Jin Y, Choi J, Baek K, Yeo C, Lee K. Protein kinase A phosphorylates and regulates dimerization of 14-3-3 epsilon. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:305-10 pubmed..Therefore, our results suggest that PKA is a new member of protein kinases that can phosphorylate and impair the function of 14-3-3. ..
- Han E, Choi J, Hwang Y, Park H, Choi C, Chung Y, et al. Immunostimulatory activity of aqueous extract isolated from Prunella vulgaris. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009;47:62-9 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that PVAE stimulates macrophage activation via NF-kappaB transactivation and MAP kinase activation...
- Yoon S, Ha H, Kim Y, Won M, Park M, Ko J, et al. IEX-1-induced cell death requires BIM and is modulated by MCL-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:400-4 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide insight into a new regulatory circuit that controls cell death and survival by the coordinated action of MCL-1, IEX-1, and BIM. ..
- Jeong B, Lee Y, Park Y, Bae I, Kim D, Koo S, et al. The orphan nuclear receptor estrogen receptor-related receptor gamma negatively regulates BMP2-induced osteoblast differentiation and bone formation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:14211-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that ERRgamma is a novel negative regulator of osteoblast differentiation and bone formation via its regulation of Runx2 transactivity. ..
- Yang E, Moon J, Lee J, Koh J, Lee N, Hyun C. Acanthopanax koreanum fruit waste inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced production of nitric oxide and prostaglandin E2 in RAW 264.7 macrophages. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2010;2010:715739 pubmed publisher..In these tests, AFW extracts did not induce any adverse reactions. Based on these results, we suggest that AFW extracts be considered possible anti-inflammatory candidates for topical application. ..
- Suh W, Park S, Lee S, Kim H, Suk K, Son J, et al. Suppression of mast-cell-mediated allergic inflammation by Lindera obtusiloba. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2011;236:240-6 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that LOWE inhibits mast-cell-derived allergic inflammation and involvement of calcium, histamine, proinflammatory cytokines and NF-?B in these effects...
- Jang J, Cho M, Chun J, Cho M, Park J, Oh H, et al. The poly-?-D-glutamic acid capsule of Bacillus anthracis enhances lethal toxin activity. Infect Immun. 2011;79:3846-54 pubmed publisher..PGA had no effect when added to cultures or administered to mice in the absence of LT. These results emphasize the importance of PGA in the pathogenesis of anthrax infection. ..
- Nedumaran B, Hong S, Xie Y, Kim Y, Seo W, Lee M, et al. DAX-1 acts as a novel corepressor of orphan nuclear receptor HNF4alpha and negatively regulates gluconeogenic enzyme gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:27511-23 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study demonstrates that DAX-1 acts as a corepressor of HNF4alpha to negatively regulate hepatic gluconeogenic gene expression in liver. ..
- Lim S, Hahm K, Lee S, Oh S. Autophagy involvement in cadmium resistance through induction of multidrug resistance-associated protein and counterbalance of endoplasmic reticulum stress WI38 lung epithelial fibroblast cells. Toxicology. 2010;276:18-26 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Cd induces autophagy in RWI38 cells through a mechanism that involves p38 activation, which is involved in cell protection through counterbalance of ER stress and MRP1 induction. ..
- Jung C, Jun C, Lee S, Park C, Cho K, Ko S. Rhus verniciflua stokes extract: radical scavenging activities and protective effects on H2O2-induced cytotoxicity in macrophage RAW 264.7 cell lines. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:1603-7 pubmed..These results indicate that purified RVS extract, tested in this study, could contribute to the antioxidant activities and inhibition of intracellular ROS level. ..
- Xie Y, Park J, Kim D, Hwang J, Oh S, Park S, et al. Transcriptional corepressor SMILE recruits SIRT1 to inhibit nuclear receptor estrogen receptor-related receptor gamma transactivation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:28762-74 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings implicate SMILE as a novel corepressor of ERRgamma and recruitment of SIRT1 as a novel repressive mechanism for SMILE and ERRgamma inverse agonist. ..
- Chun H, Low W. Ursodeoxycholic acid suppresses mitochondria-dependent programmed cell death induced by sodium nitroprusside in SH-SY5Y cells. Toxicology. 2012;292:105-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that UDCA can protect SH-SY5Y cells under programmed cell death process by regulating PI3K-Akt/PKB pathways...
- Ayush O, Lee C, Kim H, Im S, Cho B, Lee H. Glutamine suppresses DNFB-induced contact dermatitis by deactivating p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase via induction of MAPK phosphatase-1. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:723-731 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Gln suppresses DNFB-induced CD via deactivation of p38 MAPK through the early induction of MKP-1, the negative regulator of p38, in an ERK-dependent manner...
- Kwon M, Park K, Kim Y, Na B, Kim H, Choi H, et al. Swiprosin-1 is a novel actin bundling protein that regulates cell spreading and migration. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71626 pubmed publisher..We provide new evidence of how swiprosin-1 influences cytoskeleton reorganization and cell spreading. ..
- Kim J, Im C, Yoo E, Ma M, Kim S, Hong E, et al. Identification of Selective ERRγ Inverse Agonists. Molecules. 2016;21:80 pubmed publisher..This novel class of ERRγ inverse agonists shows promise in the development of drugs targeting ERRγ-related diseases. ..
- Lee D, Kang Y, Park M, Lee Y, Seo H, Kim T, et al. Effects of 13-alkyl-substituted berberine alkaloids on the expression of COX-II, TNF-alpha, iNOS, and IL-12 production in LPS-stimulated macrophages. Life Sci. 2003;73:1401-12 pubmed
- Bong J, Seol M, Kim H, Han O, Back K, Baik M. The 24p3 gene is induced during involution of the mammary gland and induces apoptosis of mammary epithelial cells. Mol Cells. 2004;17:29-34 pubmed..This study provides evidence that overexpression of 24p3 gene can induce apoptosis of mammary epithelial cells. ..
- Ghil S, Choi J, Kim S, Lee Y, Liao Y, Birnbaumer L, et al. Compartmentalization of protein kinase A signaling by the heterotrimeric G protein Go. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:19158-63 pubmed..This regulatory mechanism by which G(o) bifurcates PKA signaling may provide insights into how G(o) regulates complex processes such as neuritogenesis, synaptic plasticity, and cell transformation. ..
- Oh P, Lee S, Lim K. Glycoprotein isolated from Rhus verniciflua Stokes inhibits inflammation-related protein and nitric oxide production in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:111-6 pubmed..Therefore, we speculate that RVS glycoprotein inhibits the inflammatory-related protein and can act as an anti-inflammatory agent. ..
- Yun K, Choi Y, Nam J, Park Z, Im S. NF-kappaB regulates Lef1 gene expression in chondrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:589-95 pubmed..Lef1 expression was synergistically upregulated by interactions of NF-kappaB with Lef1/beta-catenin in chondrocytes. Our results suggest a pivotal role of NF-kappaB in Lef1 expression in arthritic chondrocytes or cartilage degeneration. ..
- Park J, Kim M, Na G, Jeon I, Kwon Y, Kim J, et al. Glucocorticoids modulate NF-kappaB-dependent gene expression by up-regulating FKBP51 expression in Newcastle disease virus-infected chickens. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2007;278:7-17 pubmed..These results suggest that systemic elevation of FKBP51 in NDV-infected chickens activates NF-kappaB, which cooperates with other factors to regulate the expression of NF-kappaB-dependent genes. ..
- Kim H, Park S, Lee K. Role of NtrC-regulated exopolysaccharides in the biofilm formation and pathogenic interaction of Vibrio vulnificus. Mol Microbiol. 2009;74:436-53 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that NtrC-regulated EPS are crucial in biofilm formation of V. vulnificus, and some EPS components play important roles in interacting with hosts...
- Choi K, Lee Y, Sin D, Lee S, Lee M, Lee Y, et al. Sulforaphane inhibits mitotic clonal expansion during adipogenesis through cell cycle arrest. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2012;20:1365-71 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the inhibition of early-stage adipocyte differentiation by sulforaphane may be associated with cell cycle arrest at the G(0)/G(1) phase through upregulation of p27 expression. ..
- Lee S, Han S, Kim H, Lee Z. TAK1-dependent activation of AP-1 and c-Jun N-terminal kinase by receptor activator of NF-kappaB. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;35:371-6 pubmed..Our findings indicate that TAK1 is involved in the MAPK cascade and NF-kappaB pathway that is activated by RANK. ..