Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in Germany
Topic: cell line
Publications677 found, 100 shown here
- Lambert C, Döring T, Prange R. Hepatitis B virus maturation is sensitive to functional inhibition of ESCRT-III, Vps4, and gamma 2-adaptin. J Virol. 2007;81:9050-60 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that HBV exploits the MVB machinery with the aid of gamma 2-adaptin. ..
- Krause K, Karger S, Sheu S, Aigner T, Kursawe R, Gimm O, et al. Evidence for a role of the amyloid precursor protein in thyroid carcinogenesis. J Endocrinol. 2008;198:291-9 pubmed publisher..Thyroid cancers are characterized by APP upregulation, increased membrane targeting of the APP ectodomain and significantly increased mRNA levels of the APP scaffold proteins JIP1, ShcA and Fe65. ..
- Bruns A, Grothe C, Claus P. Fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) is a novel substrate for arginine methylation by PRMT5. Biol Chem. 2009;390:59-65 pubmed publisher..With regard to function, inhibition of methyltransferase activity in HEK293T cells leads to cytoplasmic enrichment of FGF-2, indicating the importance of arginine methylation for shuttling of FGF-2(23) to the nucleus. ..
- Olety B, Walte M, Honnert U, Schillers H, Bähler M. Myosin 1G (Myo1G) is a haematopoietic specific myosin that localises to the plasma membrane and regulates cell elasticity. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:493-9 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of Myo1G in Jurkat cells decreased cell elasticity significantly. We propose that Myo1G regulates cell elasticity by deformations of the actin network at the cell cortex. ..
- Karbach S, Simon A, Slenzka A, Jaenecke I, Habermeier A, Martine U, et al. Relative contribution of different l-arginine sources to the substrate supply of endothelial nitric oxide synthase. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2011;51:855-61 pubmed publisher..Our study thus demonstrates that l-citrulline and l-arginine-containing peptides derived from either intracellular protein breakdown or from the extracellular space seem to be good substrate sources for eNOS. ..
- Toth P, Naruhn S, Pape V, Dörr S, Klebe G, Muller R, et al. Development of improved PPAR?/? inhibitors. ChemMedChem. 2012;7:159-70 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the subtype-specific inhibition of PPAR?/? was confirmed in a cell-based assay making these compounds invaluable tools for the further exploration of the functions of PPAR?/?. ..
- Holstein J, Rentmeister A. Current covalent modification methods for detecting RNA in fixed and living cells. Methods. 2016;98:18-25 pubmed publisher..State of the approaches for labeling RNA in fixed and living cells will be presented and emerging strategies with great potential for application in the complex cellular environment will be discussed. ..
- McShane E, Sin C, Zauber H, Wells J, Donnelly N, Wang X, et al. Kinetic Analysis of Protein Stability Reveals Age-Dependent Degradation. Cell. 2016;167:803-815.e21 pubmed publisher..Together, our data show that non-exponential degradation is common, conserved, and has important consequences for complex formation and regulation of protein abundance. ..
- Kammerloher W, Fischer U, Piechottka G, Schäffner A. Water channels in the plant plasma membrane cloned by immunoselection from a mammalian expression system. Plant J. 1994;6:187-99 pubmed..Nevertheless, Northern and Western analyses showed that the PIP genes are constitutively and possibly even redundantly expressed from the small A. thaliana genome. ..
- Raftery M, Hitzler M, Winau F, Giese T, Plachter B, Kaufmann S, et al. Inhibition of CD1 antigen presentation by human cytomegalovirus. J Virol. 2008;82:4308-19 pubmed publisher..HCMV present in antigen-presenting cells thus blunts the immune response by the blockage of CD1 molecules. ..
- Bielig H, Rompikuntal P, Dongre M, Zurek B, Lindmark B, Ramstedt M, et al. NOD-like receptor activation by outer membrane vesicles from Vibrio cholerae non-O1 non-O139 strains is modulated by the quorum-sensing regulator HapR. Infect Immun. 2011;79:1418-27 pubmed publisher..This work thus identifies a new facet of how Vibrio affects host immune responses and defines a role for the quorum-sensing machinery in this process. ..
- Schneider K, Fuchs C, Dobay A, Rottach A, Qin W, Wolf P, et al. Dissection of cell cycle-dependent dynamics of Dnmt1 by FRAP and diffusion-coupled modeling. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:4860-76 pubmed publisher..We propose a two-loading-platform-model of additional PCNA-independent loading at postreplicative, heterochromatic Dnmt1 target sites to ensure faithful maintenance of densely methylated genomic regions. ..
- Peiser C, Riebe Imre M, Emura M, Mohr U. Influence of culture passages on growth kinetics, xenobiotic metabolism, chromosomal stability and transformation in a clonal fetal hamster lung epithelial cell line. Mutat Res. 1993;289:281-90 pubmed..This has always to be considered when permanently growing cells are used for toxicological studies. ..
- Schunck B, Kraft W, Truyen U. A simple touch-down polymerase chain reaction for the detection of canine parvovirus and feline panleukopenia virus in feces. J Virol Methods. 1995;55:427-33 pubmed..The very rapid and simple sample preparation recommends this PCR assay as an alternative technique for routine parvovirus diagnosis...
- Klapper M, Exner K, Kempf A, Gehrig C, Stuurman N, Fisher P, et al. Assembly of A- and B-type lamins studied in vivo with the baculovirus system. J Cell Sci. 1997;110 ( Pt 20):2519-32 pubmed..A lamin A mutant lacking this domain could be efficiently extracted from Sf9 cells with physiological buffers containing Triton X-100, demonstrating the importance of this domain for lamin assembly in vivo. ..
- Siffert W, Rosskopf D, Siffert G, Busch S, Moritz A, Erbel R, et al. Association of a human G-protein beta3 subunit variant with hypertension. Nat Genet. 1998;18:45-8 pubmed..Genotype analysis of 427 normotensive and 426 hypertensive subjects suggests a significant association of the T allele with essential hypertension. ..
- Hegyi A, Kolb A. Characterization of determinants involved in the feline infectious peritonitis virus receptor function of feline aminopeptidase N. J Gen Virol. 1998;79 ( Pt 6):1387-91 pubmed..This is surprising as neither human nor porcine APN by themselves mediate FIPV infection. These results suggest that different determinants in the APN protein are involved in mediating the coronavirus receptor function. ..
- Waaga A, Wottge H, Müller Ruchholtz W. Injection of v-mos-transformed and irradiated macrophages leads to longlasting specific acceptance of MHC-allogeneic heart grafts and specific prolongation of skin graft survival in mice. Transpl Int. 1994;7 Suppl 1:S602-5 pubmed..The mos2 cells obviously induced a state of specific unresponsiveness in otherwise unmanipulated recipients. However, the duration of this unresponsiveness induced by the injection of irradiated cells was dependent on the organ type. ..
- Hofmann T, Schaefer M, Schultz G, Gudermann T. Subunit composition of mammalian transient receptor potential channels in living cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:7461-6 pubmed..g., TRPC4/5 or TRPC3/6/7. The principles of TRPC channel formation offer the conceptual framework to assess the physiological role of distinct TRPC proteins in living cells. ..
- Gründemann D, Hahne C, Berkels R, Schömig E. Agmatine is efficiently transported by non-neuronal monoamine transporters extraneuronal monoamine transporter (EMT) and organic cation transporter 2 (OCT2). J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;304:810-7 pubmed..Thus, only the singly charged species of agmatine is accepted as substrate. In conclusion, both EMT and OCT2 must be considered for the control of agmatine levels in rat and human. ..
- Baumer N, Marquardt T, Stoykova A, Spieler D, Treichel D, Ashery Padan R, et al. Retinal pigmented epithelium determination requires the redundant activities of Pax2 and Pax6. Development. 2003;130:2903-15 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that the redundant activities of Pax2 and Pax6 direct the determination of RPE, potentially by directly controlling the expression of RPE determinants. ..
- Fournier P, Zeng J, Schirrmacher V. Two ways to induce innate immune responses in human PBMCs: paracrine stimulation of IFN-alpha responses by viral protein or dsRNA. Int J Oncol. 2003;23:673-80 pubmed
- Klupp B, Böttcher S, Granzow H, Kopp M, Mettenleiter T. Complex formation between the UL16 and UL21 tegument proteins of pseudorabies virus. J Virol. 2005;79:1510-22 pubmed..In summary, our results uncover a novel interaction between conserved herpesvirus tegument proteins that increases the complexity of the intricate network of protein-protein interactions involved in herpesvirus morphogenesis. ..
- Wijayanti N, Kietzmann T, Immenschuh S. Heme oxygenase-1 gene activation by the NAD(P)H oxidase inhibitor 4-(2-aminoethyl) benzenesulfonyl fluoride via a protein kinase B, p38-dependent signaling pathway in monocytes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21820-9 pubmed..The data suggest that the transcriptional induction of HO-1 gene expression by AEBSF is mediated via activation of a PKB, p38 MAPK signaling pathway. ..
- Walkembach J, Bruss M, Urban B, Barann M. Interactions of metoclopramide and ergotamine with human 5-HT(3A) receptors and human 5-HT reuptake carriers. Br J Pharmacol. 2005;146:543-52 pubmed..Neither metoclopramide (< or =30 microM) nor ergotamine (< or =30 microM) had an effect on the 5-HT reuptake carrier as they did not alter the citalopram-sensitive [3H]5-HT uptake...
- Galler K, Schweikl H, Thonemann B, D Souza R, Schmalz G. Human pulp-derived cells immortalized with Simian Virus 40 T-antigen. Eur J Oral Sci. 2006;114:138-46 pubmed..Transfection of human pulp-derived cells resulted in an immortalized cell line retaining many of the phenotypic characteristics observed in primary cells. ..
- Gerber S, Krasky A, Rohwer A, Lindauer S, Closs E, Rognan D, et al. Identification and characterisation of the dopamine receptor II from the cat flea Ctenocephalides felis (CfDopRII). Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2006;36:749-58 pubmed..In this work, the identification, full-length cloning and functional expression of the first GPCR from Ctenocephalides felis, the dopamine receptor II (CfDopRII), are described. ..
- Kühnel D, Busch W, Meissner T, Springer A, Potthoff A, Richter V, et al. Agglomeration of tungsten carbide nanoparticles in exposure medium does not prevent uptake and toxicity toward a rainbow trout gill cell line. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;93:91-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate that minimal exposure media can lead to rapid agglomeration of nanoparticles but that agglomeration does not prevent uptake into cells and the expression of toxicity...
- Brehm K, Ferris N, Lenk M, Riebe R, Haas B. Highly sensitive fetal goat tongue cell line for detection and isolation of foot-and-mouth disease virus. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:3156-60 pubmed publisher..5 log of that for BTY cells. The ZZ-R 127 cell line was found to be a sensitive, rapid, and convenient tool for the isolation of FMDV and a useful alternative to BTY cells for FMD diagnosis. ..
- Schiller C, Nitschké M, Seidl A, Kremmer E, Weiss E. Rat monoclonal antibodies specific for LST1 proteins. Hybridoma (Larchmt). 2009;28:281-6 pubmed publisher..The newly established antibodies were used to survey LST1 protein expression in human cell lines, which was found to be tightly regulated, allowing the expression of transmembrane isoforms but suppressing soluble isoforms. ..
- Nguyen J, Reul R, Betz T, Dayyoub E, Schmehl T, Gessler T, et al. Nanocomposites of lung surfactant and biodegradable cationic nanoparticles improve transfection efficiency to lung cells. J Control Release. 2009;140:47-54 pubmed publisher..Ternary nanocomposites prepared with lung surfactant proved to be a potent pulmonary gene delivery vector due to its high stability during aerosolization with a vibrating mesh nebulizer and favourable biological activity. ..
- Ludolph A, Udvardi P, Schaz U, Henes C, Adolph O, Weigt H, et al. Atomoxetine acts as an NMDA receptor blocker in clinically relevant concentrations. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;160:283-91 pubmed publisher..Our data provide further evidence that altered glutamatergic transmission might play a role in ADHD pathophysiology. ..
- Tuchscherr L, Medina E, Hussain M, Volker W, Heitmann V, Niemann S, et al. Staphylococcus aureus phenotype switching: an effective bacterial strategy to escape host immune response and establish a chronic infection. EMBO Mol Med. 2011;3:129-41 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that bacterial phenotype switching is an integral part of the infection process that enables the bacteria to hide inside host cells, which can be a reservoir for chronic and therapy-refractive infections. ..
- Pop N, Igel P, Brennauer A, Cabrele C, Bernhardt G, Seifert R, et al. Functional reconstitution of human neuropeptide Y (NPY) Y(2) and Y(4) receptors in Sf9 insect cells. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2011;31:271-85 pubmed publisher..In summary, the established steady-state GTPase assays provide sensitive test systems for the characterization of Y(2) and Y(4) receptor ligands. ..
- Eiseler T, Wille C, Koehler C, Illing A, Seufferlein T. Protein Kinase D2 Assembles a Multiprotein Complex at the Trans-Golgi Network to Regulate Matrix Metalloproteinase Secretion. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:462-77 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data indicate that PKD2 is a core factor in the formation of this multiprotein complex at the TGN that controls constitutive secretion of matrix metalloproteinase cargo. ..
- Tautz N, Elbers K, Stoll D, Meyers G, Thiel H. Serine protease of pestiviruses: determination of cleavage sites. J Virol. 1997;71:5415-22 pubmed..It is therefore assumed that the cleavage sites determined for BVDV CP7 are representative of those for all pestiviruses...
- Moll M, Diederich S, Klenk H, Czub M, Maisner A. Ubiquitous activation of the Nipah virus fusion protein does not require a basic amino acid at the cleavage site. J Virol. 2004;78:9705-12 pubmed
- Hofmann H, Simmons G, Rennekamp A, Chaipan C, Gramberg T, Heck E, et al. Highly conserved regions within the spike proteins of human coronaviruses 229E and NL63 determine recognition of their respective cellular receptors. J Virol. 2006;80:8639-52 pubmed publisher..Therefore, despite the high homology of these sequences, they likely form sufficiently distinct surfaces, thus determining receptor specificity...
- Koos B, Paulsson J, Jarvius M, Sanchez B, Wrede B, Mertsch S, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor expression and activation in choroid plexus tumors. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:1631-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, this study demonstrates the feasibility and usefulness of in situ proximity ligation assay for monitoring receptor tyrosine kinase activation in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded, archival tissues. ..
- Horst S, Jaeger T, Denkel L, Rouf S, Rhen M, Bange F. Thiol peroxidase protects Salmonella enterica from hydrogen peroxide stress in vitro and facilitates intracellular growth. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:2929-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Tpx contributes significantly to the sophisticated defense system that the pathogen has evolved to survive oxidative stress...
- Breidert T, Spitzenberger F, Gründemann D, Schomig E. Catecholamine transport by the organic cation transporter type 1 (OCT1). Br J Pharmacol. 1998;125:218-24 pubmed..5. The findings demonstrate that OCTI efficiently transports catecholamines and other biogenic amines and support the hypothesis that OCT1 is responsible for hepatic and renal inactivation of circulating catecholamines. ..
- Simins A, Weighardt H, Weidner K, Weidle U, Holzmann B. Functional cloning of ARM-1, an adhesion-regulating molecule upregulated in metastatic tumor cells. Clin Exp Metastasis. 1999;17:641-8 pubmed..In conclusion, we have identified ARM-1 as a novel cell adhesion-promoting receptor that is upregulated in metastatic cancer cells. ..
- Waelter S, Scherzinger E, Hasenbank R, Nordhoff E, Lurz R, Goehler H, et al. The huntingtin interacting protein HIP1 is a clathrin and alpha-adaptin-binding protein involved in receptor-mediated endocytosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2001;10:1807-17 pubmed
- Litterst C, Pfitzner E. Transcriptional activation by STAT6 requires the direct interaction with NCoA-1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:45713-21 pubmed..These findings provide new mechanistic insights into how STAT6 can recruit coactivators required for IL-4-dependent transactivation. ..
- Spoerl Z, Stumpf M, Noegel A, Hasse A. Oligomerization, F-actin interaction, and membrane association of the ubiquitous mammalian coronin 3 are mediated by its carboxyl terminus. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:48858-67 pubmed..Cytosolic coronin 3 showed a high degree of phosphorylation, which is likely to regulate the subcellular localization of the protein. ..
- Strazynski M, Eble J, Kresse H, Schonherr E. Interleukin (IL)-6 and IL-10 induce decorin mRNA in endothelial cells, but interaction with fibrillar collagen is essential for its translation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:21266-70 pubmed..These data show that IL-10 and IL-6 induce decorin mRNA transcription, but additional signals from the extracellular matrix are necessary for its translation. ..
- Benzinger A, Popowicz G, Joy J, Majumdar S, Holak T, Hermeking H. The crystal structure of the non-liganded 14-3-3sigma protein: insights into determinants of isoform specific ligand binding and dimerization. Cell Res. 2005;15:219-27 pubmed..The structural differences among the 14-3-3 isoforms described here presumably contribute to isoform-specific interactions and functions. ..
- Dreikhausen U, Hiebenthal Millow K, Bartels M, Resch K, Nourbakhsh M. NF-kappaB-repressing factor inhibits elongation of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 transcription by DRB sensitivity-inducing factor. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:7473-83 pubmed..Our data suggest that NRF interrupts the regulatory coupling of LTR binding factors and transcription elongation events. This inhibitory mechanism might contribute to transcriptional quiescence of integrated HIV-1 provirus. ..
- Lux A, Salway F, Dressman H, Kröner Lux G, Hafner M, Day P, et al. ALK1 signalling analysis identifies angiogenesis related genes and reveals disparity between TGF-beta and constitutively active receptor induced gene expression. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2006;6:13 pubmed..The angiogenesis related genes might be potential HHT modifier genes. In addition, the results suggest endothelial cell type specific ALK1 and TGF-beta signalling. ..
- Schlosser E, Otero C, Wuensch C, Kessler B, Edelmann M, Brunisholz R, et al. A novel cytosolic class I antigen-processing pathway for endoplasmic-reticulum-targeted proteins. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:945-51 pubmed
- Bocheva G, Rattenholl A, Kempkes C, Goerge T, Lin C, D Andrea M, et al. Role of matriptase and proteinase-activated receptor-2 in nonmelanoma skin cancer. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:1816-23 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggest that PAR(2) is a substrate for matriptase in human skin in vivo. Deregulation of these proteins delineates SCC progression. ..
- Koelsche C, Strebovsky J, Baetz A, Dalpke A. Structural and functional analysis of a nuclear localization signal in SOCS1. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:2474-80 pubmed publisher..In contrast, nuclear factor kappaB (NFkappaB) signaling was not affected by SOCS1 wt or mutants. Thus, SOCS1 may accomplish its inhibitory function in the IFN-pathway in part through nuclear localization. ..
- Desch M, Schreiber A, Schweda F, Madsen K, Friis U, Weatherford E, et al. Increased renin production in mice with deletion of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma in juxtaglomerular cells. Hypertension. 2010;55:660-6 pubmed publisher..PPARgamma appears to be a relevant transcription factor for the control of renin gene in JG cells. ..
- Scharf S, Hippenstiel S, Flieger A, Suttorp N, N Guessan P. Induction of human ?-defensin-2 in pulmonary epithelial cells by Legionella pneumophila: involvement of TLR2 and TLR5, p38 MAPK, JNK, NF-?B, and AP-1. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2010;298:L687-95 pubmed publisher..pneumophila. Together, these results suggest that L. pneumophila induces hBD-2 release in A549 cells, and the induction seems to be mediated through TLR2 and TLR5 as well as activation of p38 MAPK, JNK, NF-?B, and AP-1. ..
- Zwilling J, Sliva K, Schwantes A, Schnierle B, Sutter G. Functional F11L and K1L genes in modified vaccinia virus Ankara restore virus-induced cell motility but not growth in human and murine cells. Virology. 2010;404:231-9 pubmed publisher..Additional insertion of the K1L gene, which restores MVA replication in RK-13 cells, was not sufficient to extend MVA growth capacity to other mammalian cells...
- Noelker C, Schwake M, Balzer Geldsetzer M, Bacher M, Popp J, Schlegel J, et al. Differentially expressed gene profile in the 6-hydroxy-dopamine-induced cell culture model of Parkinson's disease. Neurosci Lett. 2012;507:10-5 pubmed publisher..Further studies will be necessary on the physiological role of the identified proteins and their impact on pathways leading to neurodegeneration in PD. ..
- Gassen A, Brechtefeld D, Schandry N, Arteaga Salas J, Israel L, Imhof A, et al. DOT1A-dependent H3K76 methylation is required for replication regulation in Trypanosoma brucei. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:10302-11 pubmed publisher..As histone H3K76 methylation has never been associated with replication control in eukaryotes before, we have discovered a novel function of DOT1 enzymes, which might not be unique to trypanosomes. ..
- Garbers C, Kuck F, Aparicio Siegmund S, Konzak K, Kessenbrock M, Sommerfeld A, et al. Cellular senescence or EGFR signaling induces Interleukin 6 (IL-6) receptor expression controlled by mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR). Cell Cycle. 2013;12:3421-32 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that mTOR serves as a central molecular switch to facilitate cellular IL-6 classic and trans-signaling via IL-6R upregulation with direct implications for cellular senescence and tumor development. ..
- Vogel W, Lammers R, Huang J, Ullrich A. Activation of a phosphotyrosine phosphatase by tyrosine phosphorylation. Science. 1993;259:1611-4 pubmed..Thus, protein tyrosine kinases and phosphatases do not simply oppose each other's action; rather, they may work in concert to maintain a fine balance of effector activation needed for the regulation of cell growth and differentiation. ..
- Zhang Z, Lutz B. Cre recombinase-mediated inversion using lox66 and lox71: method to introduce conditional point mutations into the CREB-binding protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:e90 pubmed..Our results indicate that this Cre- mediated inversion method is a valuable tool to introduce point mutations in the mouse genome in a regulatable manner...
- Sengle G, Kobbe B, Morgelin M, Paulsson M, Wagener R. Identification and characterization of AMACO, a new member of the von Willebrand factor A-like domain protein superfamily with a regulated expression in the kidney. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50240-9 pubmed..The developmental switch from an AMACO mRNA, expressed by the newborn kidney, to the truncated transcript found in the adult kidney indicates an unusual regulation of AMACO expression. ..
- Braas D, Gundelach H, Klempnauer K. The glioma-amplified sequence 41 gene (GAS41) is a direct Myb target gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:4750-7 pubmed..We have also analysed the GAS41 replication origin in myelomonocytic cells and have failed to observe significant differences in origin activity in cells expressing or not expressing v-Myb. ..
- Wochnik G, Rüegg J, Abel G, Schmidt U, Holsboer F, Rein T. FK506-binding proteins 51 and 52 differentially regulate dynein interaction and nuclear translocation of the glucocorticoid receptor in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4609-16 pubmed..In addition, differential regulation of dynein association and nuclear translocation contributes to the effects of the two immunophilins on the glucocorticoid receptor in mammals. ..
- Mohl M, Winkler S, Wieland T, Lutz S. Gef10--the third member of a Rho-specific guanine nucleotide exchange factor subfamily with unusual protein architecture. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2006;373:333-41 pubmed..When expressed in NIH3T3 cells, Gef10 induced actin stress fibre, but not lamellipodia or filopodia formation. We conclude that Gef10 is the third member of a Rho-specific GEF family with unusual protein architecture. ..
- Iden S, Rehder D, August B, Suzuki A, Wolburg Buchholz K, Wolburg H, et al. A distinct PAR complex associates physically with VE-cadherin in vertebrate endothelial cells. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:1239-46 pubmed..They also point to a direct role of a cadherin in the regulation of cell polarity in vertebrates. ..
- Arakawa H, Moldovan G, Saribasak H, Saribasak N, Jentsch S, Buerstedde J. A role for PCNA ubiquitination in immunoglobulin hypermutation. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e366 pubmed..This is the first evidence, to our knowledge, that vertebrates exploit the PCNA-ubiquitin pathway for immunoglobulin hypermutation, most likely through the recruitment of error-prone DNA polymerases. ..
- Lorenz S, Frenzel R, Paschke R, Breitwieser G, Miedlich S. Functional desensitization of the extracellular calcium-sensing receptor is regulated via distinct mechanisms: role of G protein-coupled receptor kinases, protein kinase C and beta-arrestins. Endocrinology. 2007;148:2398-404 pubmed..In contrast, GRK 2 predominantly interferes with G protein-mediated inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate formation by binding to G alpha(q). ..
- Lazar A, Walitza S, Jetter A, Gerlach M, Warnke A, Herpertz Dahlmann B, et al. Novel mutations of the extraneuronal monoamine transporter gene in children and adolescents with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2008;11:35-48 pubmed..Heterologous expression of mutant cDNA revealed a 40% decline of transport capacity for norepinephrine. Rare mutations in the EMT gene suggest a causative or modulating role in genetic subtypes of OCD. ..
- Neuhofer W, Steinert D, Fraek M, Beck F. Prostaglandin E2 stimulates expression of osmoprotective genes in MDCK cells and promotes survival under hypertonic conditions. J Physiol. 2007;583:287-97 pubmed..These findings may be relevant in the pathophysiology of medullary damage associated with analgesic drugs. ..
- Heumüller S, Wind S, Barbosa Sicard E, Schmidt H, Busse R, Schröder K, et al. Apocynin is not an inhibitor of vascular NADPH oxidases but an antioxidant. Hypertension. 2008;51:211-7 pubmed..These observations indicate that apocynin predominantly acts as an antioxidant in endothelial cells and vascular smooth muscle cells and should not be used as an NADPH oxidase inhibitor in vascular systems. ..
- Grigo K, Wirsing A, Lucas B, Klein Hitpass L, Ryffel G. HNF4 alpha orchestrates a set of 14 genes to down-regulate cell proliferation in kidney cells. Biol Chem. 2008;389:179-87 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we postulate that HNF4 alpha orchestrates, at least, these 14 genes to regulate cell proliferation in HEK293 cells and that down-regulation of HNF4 alpha could contribute to the progression of kidney cancer. ..
- Malerczyk C, Selhorst T, Tordo N, Moore S, Muller T. Antibodies induced by vaccination with purified chick embryo cell culture vaccine (PCECV) cross-neutralize non-classical bat lyssavirus strains. Vaccine. 2009;27:5320-5 pubmed publisher..50). In conclusion, vaccination with PCECV produces adequate VNA concentrations against classical RABV as well as non-classical lyssavirus strains ABLV, EBLV-1, and EBLV-2. ..
- Röhrl J, Yang D, Oppenheim J, Hehlgans T. Specific binding and chemotactic activity of mBD4 and its functional orthologue hBD2 to CCR6-expressing cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:7028-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, the beta-defensin fusion proteins used in this study retained their biological activity and are a feasible tool to identify and analyze specific beta-defensin receptor interactions. ..
- Zhu J, Strehle M, Frohn A, Kremmer E, Höfig K, Meister G, et al. Identification and analysis of expression of novel microRNAs of murine gammaherpesvirus 68. J Virol. 2010;84:10266-75 pubmed publisher..Our data will aid in the full exploration of the functions of gammaHV miRNAs. ..
- Sprenger L, Goldmann T, Vollmer E, Steffen A, Wollenberg B, Zabel P, et al. Dexamethasone and N-acetyl-cysteine attenuate Pseudomonas aeruginosa-induced mucus expression in human airways. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2011;24:232-9 pubmed publisher..These results support the use of steroids and NAC in clinical practice to treat PA-induced mucus hypersecretion. ..
- Noack R, Frede S, Albrecht P, Henke N, Pfeiffer A, Knoll K, et al. Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease CMT4A: GDAP1 increases cellular glutathione and the mitochondrial membrane potential. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:150-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that the potential GST GDAP1 is implicated in the control of the cellular GHS content and mitochondrial activity, suggesting an involvement of oxidative stress in the pathogenesis of CMT4A. ..
- Pollin R, Granzow H, Köllner B, Conzelmann K, Finke S. Membrane and inclusion body targeting of lyssavirus matrix proteins. Cell Microbiol. 2013;15:200-12 pubmed publisher..The data strongly support a model in which targeting of lyssavirus M proteins to distinctintracellular sites is a key determinant of diverse features in lyssavirus replication, host adaptation and pathogenesis. ..
- Haasters F, Prall W, Westphal I, Bocker W, Padula D, Mutschler W, et al. Overexpression of dnIKK in mesenchymal stem cells leads to increased migration and decreased invasion upon TNF? stimulation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;436:265-70 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to a deeper understanding of MSC's biological properties orchestrating the complex processes of stem cell recruitment and homing. ..
- Alves J, Lima A, Pais I, Amir N, Celestino R, Piras G, et al. Reassessing the Evolutionary History of the 17q21 Inversion Polymorphism. Genome Biol Evol. 2015;7:3239-48 pubmed publisher..Our results uncovered higher diversity within the H2 family than previously described, weakening the hypothesis of a strong selective sweep on all inverted chromosomes and suggesting a rather complex evolutionary history at this locus. ..
- Hescheler J, Fleischmann B, Lentini S, Maltsev V, Rohwedel J, Wobus A, et al. Embryonic stem cells: a model to study structural and functional properties in cardiomyogenesis. Cardiovasc Res. 1997;36:149-62 pubmed
- Pfeuffer T, Goebel W, Laubinger J, Bachmann M, Kuhn M. LaXp180, a mammalian ActA-binding protein, identified with the yeast two-hybrid system, co-localizes with intracellular Listeria monocytogenes. Cell Microbiol. 2000;2:101-14 pubmed..Using immunofluorescence, we showed that stathmin co-localizes with intracellular ActA-expressing L. monocytogenes. ..
- Pringa E, Martinez Noel G, Muller U, Harbers K. Interaction of the ring finger-related U-box motif of a nuclear dot protein with ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19617-23 pubmed..Our results establish at the molecular level a link between the U-box and the ubiquitin conjugating system and strongly suggest that proteins containing U-box domains are functionally closely related to RING finger proteins. ..
- Wolf S, Mertens D, Schaffner C, Korz C, Dohner H, Stilgenbauer S, et al. B-cell neoplasia associated gene with multiple splicing (BCMS): the candidate B-CLL gene on 13q14 comprises more than 560 kb covering all critical regions. Hum Mol Genet. 2001;10:1275-85 pubmed..Due to the limited understanding of functional RNAs, however, it remains difficult to prove the pathogenic role of BCMS. ..
- Zhang Z, Guo K, Schluesener H. The immunostimulatory activity of CpG oligonucleotides on microglial N9 cells is affected by a polyguanosine motif. J Neuroimmunol. 2005;161:68-77 pubmed..Therefore PE CpG-ODN containing a 3'-end polyG motif resulting in increased immunostimulatory activity might be promising alternate analogues for studies in the central nervous system. ..