Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell differentiation in United Kingdom
Locale: United Kingdom
Topic: cell differentiation
Publications346 found, 100 shown here
- Morgan M, Magnusdottir E, Kuo T, Tunyaplin C, Harper J, Arnold S, et al. Blimp-1/Prdm1 alternative promoter usage during mouse development and plasma cell differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:5813-27 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these experiments provide insight into the organization of the Prdm1 gene and demonstrate that NF-kappaB is a key mediator of Prdm1 expression. ..
- Dun X, Chilton J. Control of cell shape and plasticity during development and disease by the actin-binding protein Drebrin. Histol Histopathol. 2010;25:533-40 pubmed publisher..The downregulation of Drebrin in Alzheimer's Disease and Down Syndrome and conversely its upregulation in various carcinomas indicate that Drebrin is an important component of the pathogenesis of multiple diseases. ..
- Gordon Keylock S, Jackson M, Huang C, Samuel K, Axton R, Oostendorp R, et al. Induction of hematopoietic differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells by an AGM-derived stromal cell line is not further enhanced by overexpression of HOXB4. Stem Cells Dev. 2010;19:1687-98 pubmed publisher..Addition of a ?-secretase inhibitor reduced the inductive effects of both the stromal cell line and HOXB4, providing clues to possible shared molecular mechanisms. ..
- Janas M, Turner M. Interaction of Ras with p110? is required for thymic ?-selection in the mouse. J Immunol. 2011;187:4667-75 pubmed publisher..Uncoupling Ras from p110? provides unambiguous identification of a Ras interaction required for thymic ?-selection. ..
- Swift M, Pham V, Castranova D, Bell K, Poole R, Weinstein B. SoxF factors and Notch regulate nr2f2 gene expression during venous differentiation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;390:116-25 pubmed publisher..We show that Notch signaling activity present in the dorsal aorta suppresses expression of nr2f2, restricting nr2f2-dependent promotion of venous differentiation to the cardinal vein. ..
- Smith M, Dawson S, Latchman D. The Brn-3a transcription factor induces neuronal process outgrowth and the coordinate expression of genes encoding synaptic proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:345-54 pubmed..Thus, Brn-3a appears to play a critical role in the specification of the mature neuronal phenotype, acting by stimulating the expression of genes whose products are required for process outgrowth and synapse formation. ..
- Jardine H, MacNee W, Donaldson K, Rahman I. Molecular mechanism of transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta1-induced glutathione depletion in alveolar epithelial cells. Involvement of AP-1/ARE and Fra-1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:21158-66 pubmed..The findings of this study provide important information, which may be used for the modulation of glutathione biosynthesis in inflammation. ..
- MacAulay K, Blair A, Hajduch E, Terashima T, Baba O, Sutherland C, et al. Constitutive activation of GSK3 down-regulates glycogen synthase abundance and glycogen deposition in rat skeletal muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9509-18 pubmed
- Christian M, Kiskinis E, Debevec D, Leonardsson G, White R, Parker M. RIP140-targeted repression of gene expression in adipocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9383-91 pubmed..Therefore, reduction in the levels of RIP140 or prevention of its recruitment to nuclear receptors may provide novel mechanisms for the control of energy expenditure in adipose cells. ..
- Lowell S, Benchoua A, Heavey B, Smith A. Notch promotes neural lineage entry by pluripotent embryonic stem cells. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e121 pubmed..Limiting activation of endogenous Notch results in heterogeneous lineage commitment. Manipulation of Notch signalling is therefore likely to be a key factor in taking command of ES cell lineage choice. ..
- Felix D, Aboobaker A. The TALE class homeobox gene Smed-prep defines the anterior compartment for head regeneration. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000915 pubmed publisher..Together our results suggest that Smed-prep is required in stem cell progeny as they form the anterior regenerative blastema and is required for specifying anterior cell fates and correct patterning...
- Ni Choileain S, Weyand N, Neumann C, Thomas J, So M, Astier A. The dynamic processing of CD46 intracellular domains provides a molecular rheostat for T cell activation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16287 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CD46 acts as a molecular rheostat to control human T cell activation through the regulation of processing of its cytoplasmic tails. ..
- Raposo R, Trudgian D, Thomas B, van Wilgenburg B, Cowley S, James W. Protein kinase C and NF-?B-dependent CD4 downregulation in macrophages induced by T cell-derived soluble factors: consequences for HIV-1 infection. J Immunol. 2011;187:748-59 pubmed publisher..These results reveal the existence of previously unreported anti-HIV-1 proteins, released by activated T cells that downregulate CD4 expression, and are of fundamental importance to understand the kinetics of HIV infection in vivo. ..
- De Val S. Key transcriptional regulators of early vascular development. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:1469-75 pubmed publisher..We also review the transcriptional pathways lying both upstream and downstream of key vascular transcription factors. ..
- Reynolds L, Maizels R. Cutting edge: in the absence of TGF-? signaling in T cells, fewer CD103+ regulatory T cells develop, but exuberant IFN-? production renders mice more susceptible to helminth infection. J Immunol. 2012;189:1113-7 pubmed publisher..Hence, overexpression of IFN-? negatively modulates immunity, and the presence of Helios(+) Tregs may maintain susceptibility on the C57BL/6 background. ..
- Cuss S, Green E. Abrogation of CD40-CD154 signaling impedes the homeostasis of thymic resident regulatory T cells by altering the levels of IL-2, but does not affect regulatory T cell development. J Immunol. 2012;189:1717-25 pubmed publisher..Our studies highlight the complexity in the study of thymic Treg cell development due to the heterogeneity of thymic Treg cells. ..
- Miao T, Raymond M, Bhullar P, Ghaffari E, Symonds A, Meier U, et al. Early growth response gene-2 controls IL-17 expression and Th17 differentiation by negatively regulating Batf. J Immunol. 2013;190:58-65 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate that Egr-2 is an intrinsic regulator that controls Th17 differentiation by inhibiting Batf activation, which may be important for the control of multiple sclerosis development. ..
- Maitland N, Macintosh C, Hall J, Sharrard M, Quinn G, Lang S. In vitro models to study cellular differentiation and function in human prostate cancers. Radiat Res. 2001;155:133-142 pubmed..The properties of this cell line, which remains close to diploid, are similar to those of early prostate cancer cells, and it retains expression of many prostate-associated antigens, such as prostate-specific antigen (PSA). ..
- Myat A, Henry P, McCabe V, Flintoft L, Rotin D, Tear G. Drosophila Nedd4, a ubiquitin ligase, is recruited by Commissureless to control cell surface levels of the roundabout receptor. Neuron. 2002;35:447-59 pubmed..Our results show that changes in axonal sensitivity to external cues during pathfinding across the midline makes use of ubiquitin-dependent mechanisms to regulate transmembrane protein levels. ..
- Holley J, Gveric D, Whatmore J, Gutowski N. Tenascin C induces a quiescent phenotype in cultured adult human astrocytes. Glia. 2005;52:53-8 pubmed..This raises the possibility that therapeutic strategies aimed at manipulating TN-C levels during CNS injury may help reduce astrocytic scarring. ..
- Hyslop L, Stojkovic M, Armstrong L, Walter T, Stojkovic P, Przyborski S, et al. Downregulation of NANOG induces differentiation of human embryonic stem cells to extraembryonic lineages. Stem Cells. 2005;23:1035-43 pubmed..Taken together, our findings suggest that NANOG acts as a gatekeeper of pluripotency in human embryonic stem and carcinoma cells by preventing their differentiation to extraembryonic endoderm and trophectoderm lineages. ..
- Labied S, Kajihara T, Madureira P, Fusi L, Jones M, Higham J, et al. Progestins regulate the expression and activity of the forkhead transcription factor FOXO1 in differentiating human endometrium. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:35-44 pubmed
- Kafienah W, Mistry S, Williams C, Hollander A. Nucleostemin is a marker of proliferating stromal stem cells in adult human bone marrow. Stem Cells. 2006;24:1113-20 pubmed..We conclude that nucleostemin is a marker of undifferentiated human adult bone marrow stem cells and that it is involved in the regulation of proliferation of these cells. ..
- Liotta D, Han J, Elgar S, Garvey C, Han Z, Taylor M. The Him gene reveals a balance of inputs controlling muscle differentiation in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1409-13 pubmed
- Glasow A, Barrett A, Petrie K, Gupta R, Boix Chornet M, Zhou D, et al. DNA methylation-independent loss of RARA gene expression in acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2008;111:2374-7 pubmed..These results underscore the complexities of the mechanisms responsible for deregulation of gene expression in AML and support the notion that diminished RARA expression contributes to leukemogenesis. ..
- Hampton D, Webber D, Bilican B, Goedert M, Spillantini M, Chandran S. Cell-mediated neuroprotection in a mouse model of human tauopathy. J Neurosci. 2010;30:9973-83 pubmed publisher..Together with evidence indicating that astrocyte transplantation may be neuroprotective, our findings suggest a beneficial role for glial cell-based repair in neurodegenerative diseases...
- Rebourcet D, Darbey A, Monteiro A, Soffientini U, Tsai Y, Handel I, et al. Sertoli Cell Number Defines and Predicts Germ and Leydig Cell Population Sizes in the Adult Mouse Testis. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2955-2969 pubmed publisher..A reduction in Sertoli cell number/proliferation at any age will therefore lead to a proportional decrease in germ cell and Leydig cell numbers, with likely consequential effects on fertility and health. ..
- Sheardown S, Duthie S, Johnston C, Newall A, Formstone E, Arkell R, et al. Stabilization of Xist RNA mediates initiation of X chromosome inactivation. Cell. 1997;91:99-107 pubmed..We discuss the implications of these findings in terms of models for the initiation of random and imprinted X inactivation. ..
- Jones M, Fusi L, Higham J, Abdel Hafiz H, Horwitz K, Lam E, et al. Regulation of the SUMO pathway sensitizes differentiating human endometrial stromal cells to progesterone. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:16272-7 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate how dynamic changes in the SUMO pathway mediated by cAMP signaling determine the endometrial response to progesterone. ..
- Sandig H, McDonald J, Gilmour J, Arno M, Lee T, Cousins D. Human Th2 cells selectively express the orexigenic peptide, pro-melanin-concentrating hormone. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:12440-4 pubmed
- Arwert E, Lal R, Quist S, Rosewell I, Van Rooijen N, Watt F. Tumor formation initiated by nondividing epidermal cells via an inflammatory infiltrate. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19903-8 pubmed publisher..In contrast, our studies show that differentiated epidermal cells can initiate tumor formation without reacquiring the ability to divide and that they do so by triggering an inflammatory infiltrate. ..
- Chen Y, Magnani D, Theil T, Pratt T, Price D. Evidence that descending cortical axons are essential for thalamocortical axons to cross the pallial-subpallial boundary in the embryonic forebrain. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33105 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that thalamic axons grow from subpallium to cortex guided by cortical efferents, with stimulation from diffusible cortical growth-promoting factors. ..
- Pekalski M, Ferreira R, Coulson R, Cutler A, Guo H, Smyth D, et al. Postthymic expansion in human CD4 naive T cells defined by expression of functional high-affinity IL-2 receptors. J Immunol. 2013;190:2554-66 pubmed publisher..This study establishes CD25(+) naive CD4 T cells, which are further delineated by CD31 expression, as a major functionally distinct immune cell subset in humans that warrants further characterization in health and disease. ..
- Spencer H, Eastham A, Merry C, Southgate T, Perez Campo F, Soncin F, et al. E-cadherin inhibits cell surface localization of the pro-migratory 5T4 oncofetal antigen in mouse embryonic stem cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2838-51 pubmed..We conclude that E-cadherin protein stabilizes cortical actin cytoskeletal arrangement in ES cells, and this can prevent cell surface localization of the promigratory 5T4 antigen. ..
- Strathdee D, Whitelaw C, Clark A. Distal transgene insertion affects CpG island maintenance during differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:11509-15 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they indicate that features built into the CpG island are not sufficient to direct CpG island maintenance during differentiation. ..
- Orr B, Grace O, Vanpoucke G, Ashley G, Thomson A. A role for notch signaling in stromal survival and differentiation during prostate development. Endocrinology. 2009;150:463-72 pubmed publisher..The effects of notch signaling upon the stroma were only evident in the presence of testosterone, in contrast to effects upon epithelial differentiation...
- Chang W, Newell P, Gross J. Identification of the cell fate gene stalky in Dictyostelium. Cell. 1996;87:471-81 pubmed..stkA encodes a predicted 99 kDa protein (STKA) with two putative C4 zinc fingers, one of which is a GATA-type finger, indicating that it may be a transcription factor. This conclusion is supported by localization of STKA in the nucleus. ..
- Hall A, Lucas F, Salinas P. Axonal remodeling and synaptic differentiation in the cerebellum is regulated by WNT-7a signaling. Cell. 2000;100:525-35 pubmed..Wnt-7a mutant mice show a delay in the morphological maturation of glomerular rosettes and in the accumulation of synapsin I. We propose that WNT-7a can function as a synaptogenic factor. ..
- Wolff C, Roy S, Ingham P. Multiple muscle cell identities induced by distinct levels and timing of hedgehog activity in the zebrafish embryo. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1169-81 pubmed..Allocation of the correct number of cells to a specific fate depends upon the range of Hh activity. The timing of exposure to Hh determines the response of cells to the signal. ..
- Diez del Corral R, Olivera Martinez I, Goriely A, Gale E, Maden M, Storey K. Opposing FGF and retinoid pathways control ventral neural pattern, neuronal differentiation, and segmentation during body axis extension. Neuron. 2003;40:65-79 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that FGF and RA pathways are mutually inhibitory and suggest that their opposing actions provide a global mechanism that controls differentiation during axis extension. ..
- Goodridge H, Marshall F, Wilson E, Houston K, Liew F, Harnett M, et al. In vivo exposure of murine dendritic cell and macrophage bone marrow progenitors to the phosphorylcholine-containing filarial nematode glycoprotein ES-62 polarizes their differentiation to an anti-inflammatory phenotype. Immunology. 2004;113:491-8 pubmed..Such a finding could have important implications for the use of pathogen products or their derivatives for immunotherapy. ..
- Nicholls B, Bredius R, Hamdy N, Gerritsen E, Lankester A, Hogendoorn P, et al. Limited rescue of osteoclast-poor osteopetrosis after successful engraftment by cord blood from an unrelated donor. J Bone Miner Res. 2005;20:2264-70 pubmed..Clinical and laboratory studies supported the concept that the bone microenvironment remained abnormal, thus reducing the clinical response to transplantation...
- Puelles E, Acampora D, Gogoi R, Tuorto F, Papalia A, Guillemot F, et al. Otx2 controls identity and fate of glutamatergic progenitors of the thalamus by repressing GABAergic differentiation. J Neurosci. 2006;26:5955-64 pubmed..Our data also support the concept that proper assignment of identity and fate of neuronal precursors occurs through the suppression of alternative differentiation programs. ..
- Sullivan S, Pells S, Hooper M, Gallagher E, McWhir J. Nuclear reprogramming of somatic cells by embryonic stem cells is affected by cell cycle stage. Cloning Stem Cells. 2006;8:174-88 pubmed..These data suggest that nuclear reprogramming requires an initial round of somatic DNA replication of quiescent chromatin in the presence of ES-derived factors produced during S and G2/M phases. ..
- Friocourt G, Kanatani S, Tabata H, Yozu M, Takahashi T, Antypa M, et al. Cell-autonomous roles of ARX in cell proliferation and neuronal migration during corticogenesis. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5794-805 pubmed publisher..However, our data suggest that ARX is not directly involved in GABAergic cell fate specification. Overall, these results identify multiple and distinct cell-autonomous roles for ARX in corticogenesis. ..
- Liebig T, Erasmus J, Kalaji R, Davies D, Loirand G, Ridley A, et al. RhoE Is required for keratinocyte differentiation and stratification. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:452-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, RhoE integrates two processes essential for keratinocyte differentiation and stratification: regulation of proliferative status and integrin adhesion. ..
- Wu Q, Bruce A, Jedrusik A, Ellis P, Andrews R, Langford C, et al. CARM1 is required in embryonic stem cells to maintain pluripotency and resist differentiation. Stem Cells. 2009;27:2637-2645 pubmed publisher..Thus, like in four-cell embryo blastomeres, histone H3 arginine methylation by CARM1 in ES cells allows epigenetic modulation of pluripotency. ..
- Tse K, Sun M, Mantovani C, Terenghi G, Downes S, Kingham P. In vitro evaluation of polyester-based scaffolds seeded with adipose derived stem cells for peripheral nerve regeneration. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010;95:701-8 pubmed publisher..This study suggests polymer scaffolds combined with dADSCs could be a promising therapy for peripheral nerve injuries. ..
- Blackman M, Fujioka H, Stafford W, Sajid M, Clough B, Fleck S, et al. A subtilisin-like protein in secretory organelles of Plasmodium falciparum merozoites. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:23398-409 pubmed..The subcellular location and timing of secretion of p47 suggest that it is likely to play a role in erythrocyte invasion. PfSUB-1 is a new potential target for antimalarial drug development. ..
- Al Bader T, Christodoulides M, Heckels J, Holloway J, Semper A, Friedmann P. Activation of human dendritic cells is modulated by components of the outer membranes of Neisseria meningitidis. Infect Immun. 2003;71:5590-7 pubmed..These data demonstrate that components of the OM, other than LPS, are also likely to be involved in determining the levels of DC activation and the nature of the T-helper immune response. ..
- King P, Paul A, Laufer E. Shh signaling regulates adrenocortical development and identifies progenitors of steroidogenic lineages. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:21185-90 pubmed publisher..Our findings both support a novel dual lineage, Shh-independent and Shh-dependent, model of adrenocortical development, and identify distinct populations of adrenocortical progenitor and candidate stem cells...
- Herreros J, Ng T, Schiavo G. Lipid rafts act as specialized domains for tetanus toxin binding and internalization into neurons. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:2947-60 pubmed..Our results indicate that TeNT interacts with target cells by binding to lipid rafts and that cholesterol is required for TeNT internalization and/or trafficking in neurons. ..
- Veldhoen M, Hocking R, Atkins C, Locksley R, Stockinger B. TGFbeta in the context of an inflammatory cytokine milieu supports de novo differentiation of IL-17-producing T cells. Immunity. 2006;24:179-89 pubmed..Our data indicate that, in the presence of IL-6, TGFbeta1 subverts Th1 and Th2 differentiation for the generation of IL-17-producing T cells. ..
- Gu P, Harwood L, Zhang X, Wylie M, Curry W, Cogliati T. Isolation of retinal progenitor and stem cells from the porcine eye. Mol Vis. 2007;13:1045-57 pubmed
- Reljic R, Wagner S, Peakman L, Fearon D. Suppression of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3-dependent B lymphocyte terminal differentiation by BCL-6. J Exp Med. 2000;192:1841-8 pubmed..This function of BCL-6 as a repressor of B lymphocyte differentiation may also underlie the association between chromosomal translocations of its gene and B cell lymphomas. ..
- Jackson M, Krassowska A, Gilbert N, Chevassut T, Forrester L, Ansell J, et al. Severe global DNA hypomethylation blocks differentiation and induces histone hyperacetylation in embryonic stem cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8862-71 pubmed..This demonstrates that successful terminal differentiation is not dependent simply on adequate methylation levels. There is an absolute requirement that the methylation be delivered by the maintenance enzyme Dnmt1. ..
- Gan Y, Kumimoto R, Liu C, Ratcliffe O, Yu H, Broun P. GLABROUS INFLORESCENCE STEMS modulates the regulation by gibberellins of epidermal differentiation and shoot maturation in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1383-95 pubmed..The discovery of GIS reveals a novel mechanism in the control of shoot maturation, through which GAs regulate cellular differentiation in plants. ..
- Dugan J, Gough J, Eichhorn S. Directing the morphology and differentiation of skeletal muscle cells using oriented cellulose nanowhiskers. Biomacromolecules. 2010;11:2498-504 pubmed publisher..This facile method of nanopatterning surfaces may be applied where the directed growth of tissue is required and shows for the first time the potential of CNWs for tissue engineering applications. ..
- Wang W, Yang J, Liu H, Lu D, Chen X, Zenonos Z, et al. Rapid and efficient reprogramming of somatic cells to induced pluripotent stem cells by retinoic acid receptor gamma and liver receptor homolog 1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:18283-8 pubmed publisher..The human iPSCs described here should facilitate functional analysis of the human genome. ..
- Tailor J, Kittappa R, Leto K, Gates M, Borel M, Paulsen O, et al. Stem cells expanded from the human embryonic hindbrain stably retain regional specification and high neurogenic potency. J Neurosci. 2013;33:12407-22 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, hbNES cells are the first demonstration of highly expandable neuroepithelial stem cells derived from the human embryo without genetic immortalization. ..
- Di Bernardini E, Campagnolo P, Margariti A, Zampetaki A, Karamariti E, Hu Y, et al. Endothelial lineage differentiation from induced pluripotent stem cells is regulated by microRNA-21 and transforming growth factor ?2 (TGF-?2) pathways. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:3383-93 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we elucidated a novel signaling pathway that promotes the differentiation of iPSC into functional ECs suitable for regenerative medicine applications. ..
- Langlands K, Down G, Kealey T. Id proteins are dynamically expressed in normal epidermis and dysregulated in squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2000;60:5929-33 pubmed..In squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck, Id protein immunoreactivity was observed in the majority of malignant keratinocytes in the most poorly differentiated sections, with reduced staining in well-differentiated disease. ..
- Patel L, Charlton S, Marshall I, Moore G, Coxon P, Moores K, et al. PPARgamma is not a critical mediator of primary monocyte differentiation or foam cell formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:707-12 pubmed..Our data support a role for rosiglitazone as a potential directly acting antiatherosclerotic agent...
- Chandran S, Compston A, Jauniaux E, Gilson J, Blakemore W, Svendsen C. Differential generation of oligodendrocytes from human and rodent embryonic spinal cord neural precursors. Glia. 2004;47:314-24 pubmed..These results provide further evidence for inter-species difference in the capacity of neural precursors to generate oligodendrocytes. ..
- Yasumura Y, Moylan E, Langdale J. A conserved transcription factor mediates nuclear control of organelle biogenesis in anciently diverged land plants. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1894-907 pubmed..Therefore, GLK-mediated regulation of chloroplast development defines one of the most ancient conserved regulatory mechanisms identified in the plant kingdom. ..
- Osman L, Yacoub M, Latif N, Amrani M, Chester A. Role of human valve interstitial cells in valve calcification and their response to atorvastatin. Circulation. 2006;114:I547-52 pubmed..These findings suggest that human valve ICs are capable of osteoblastic differentiation, by potential mediators which can be pharmacologically targeted by atorvastatin. ..
- Liodis P, Denaxa M, Grigoriou M, Akufo Addo C, Yanagawa Y, Pachnis V. Lhx6 activity is required for the normal migration and specification of cortical interneuron subtypes. J Neurosci. 2007;27:3078-89 pubmed..We also show that Lhx6 activity is required for the normal tangential and radial migration of GABAergic interneurons in the cortex. ..
- Hogg K, Etherington S, Young J, McNeilly A, Duncan W. Inhibitor of differentiation (Id) genes are expressed in the steroidogenic cells of the ovine ovary and are differentially regulated by members of the transforming growth factor-beta family. Endocrinology. 2010;151:1247-56 pubmed publisher..001). These data confirm that TGFbeta signaling can regulate Id gene expression in the sheep ovarian follicle and suggest a functional role for the Id family in the mammalian ovary...
- Gaisford W, Pritchard D, Cooke A. OdDHL inhibits T cell subset differentiation and delays diabetes onset in NOD mice. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2011;18:1213-20 pubmed publisher..OdDHL was shown to have no effect on the inhibition of primed and committed differentiated T cell responses, suggesting that that immune mechanism mediated by this molecule may be more restricted to initial stages of infection. ..
- Xiao Q, Wang G, Yin X, Luo Z, Margariti A, Zeng L, et al. Chromobox protein homolog 3 is essential for stem cell differentiation to smooth muscles in vitro and in embryonic arteriogenesis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:1842-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the interaction between Cbx3 and Dia-1/SRF is essential for SMC differentiation from stem cells and for the development of functional cardiovascular system. ..
- Nyirenda M, Sanvito L, Darlington P, O Brien K, Zhang G, Constantinescu C, et al. TLR2 stimulation drives human naive and effector regulatory T cells into a Th17-like phenotype with reduced suppressive function. J Immunol. 2011;187:2278-90 pubmed publisher..Such TLR-induced mechanism of regulation of Treg function could enhance microbial clearance and increase the risk of autoimmune reactions. ..
- Attems J, Alpar A, Spence L, McParland S, Heikenwalder M, Uhlen M, et al. Clusters of secretagogin-expressing neurons in the aged human olfactory tract lack terminal differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:6259-64 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, secretagogin identifies a previously undescribed cell pool whose cytoarchitectonic arrangements and synaptic connectivity are poised to modulate olfactory processing in humans. ..
- Lindström N, Hohenstein P, Davies J. Nephrons require Rho-kinase for proximal-distal polarity development. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2692 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate the importance of Rho-kinase in normal nephron tubulogenesis and patterning. ..
- Greenfield A. Understanding sex determination in the mouse: genetics, epigenetics and the story of mutual antagonisms. J Genet. 2015;94:585-90 pubmed
- Milne P, Bigley V, Bacon C, Neel A, McGovern N, Bomken S, et al. Hematopoietic origin of Langerhans cell histiocytosis and Erdheim-Chester disease in adults. Blood. 2017;130:167-175 pubmed publisher..These studies are consistent with a hematopoietic origin and >1 immediate cellular precursor in both LCH and ECD. ..
- Ridings Figueroa R, Stewart E, Nesterova T, Coker H, Pintacuda G, Godwin J, et al. The nuclear matrix protein CIZ1 facilitates localization of Xist RNA to the inactive X-chromosome territory. Genes Dev. 2017;31:876-888 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that CIZ1 has an essential role in anchoring Xist to the nuclear matrix in specific somatic lineages. ..
- Burbage M, Keppler S, Montaner B, Mattila P, Batista F. The Small Rho GTPase TC10 Modulates B Cell Immune Responses. J Immunol. 2017;199:1682-1695 pubmed publisher..Taken together, by combining in vivo and in vitro analysis using TC10-deficient mice, we define the poorly studied Rho GTPase TC10 as an immunomodulatory molecule playing a role in physiological B cell responses. ..
- Triffitt J. Stem cells and the philosopher's stone. J Cell Biochem Suppl. 2002;38:13-9 pubmed..Rigorous investigation of these topics will lead to realistic approaches in the future for stem cell therapy in a variety of human diseases and other clinical problems. ..
- Kidd F, Coumis U, Collingridge G, Crabtree J, Isaac J. A presynaptic kainate receptor is involved in regulating the dynamic properties of thalamocortical synapses during development. Neuron. 2002;34:635-46 pubmed..This receptor may, therefore, limit the transfer of high-frequency activity to the developing cortex, the loss of which mechanism may be important for the maturation of sensory processing. ..
- Buehr M, Nichols J, Stenhouse F, Mountford P, Greenhalgh C, Kantachuvesiri S, et al. Rapid loss of Oct-4 and pluripotency in cultured rodent blastocysts and derivative cell lines. Biol Reprod. 2003;68:222-9 pubmed..Downregulation of Oct-4 appears to be a limiting factor in attempts to derive pluripotent cell lines from preimplantation embryos. ..