Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell differentiation in Taiwan
Topic: cell differentiation
Publications223 found, 100 shown here
- Tsai Y, Chen I, Horng L, Wu R. Induction of differentiation in rat C6 glioma cells with Saikosaponins. Phytother Res. 2002;16:117-21 pubmed..These results suggest that saikosaponin a can induce the differentiation of C6 glioma cells into astrocytes and/or oligodendrocytes, but saikosaponin d can only induce the differentiation of C6 glioma cells into astrocytes. ..
- Chang Y, Hsu T, Lin H, Chio C, Chiu A, Chen N, et al. Modulation of macrophage differentiation and activation by decoy receptor 3. J Leukoc Biol. 2004;75:486-94 pubmed..Fc-treated monocyte-derived macrophages. This suggests that DcR3.Fc might have potent, suppressive effects to down-regulate the host-immune system. ..
- Tsai M, Weng C, Shyue S, Liou D, Chen C, Chiu C, et al. Dual effect of adenovirus-mediated transfer of BMP7 in mixed neuron-glial cultures: neuroprotection and cellular differentiation. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:2950-9 pubmed..Concurrently, it profoundly reduces microglial numbers, but increases oligodendroglial and endothelial cells. Together, low-dose and continuously expressed BMP7 is both neuroprotective and differentiation-inductive. ..
- Twu Y, Chen C, Hsieh C, Tzeng C, Sun C, Wang S, et al. I branching formation in erythroid differentiation is regulated by transcription factor C/EBPalpha. Blood. 2007;110:4526-34 pubmed
- Hsu W, Lee H, Juan H, Shih Y, Wang B, Pan C, et al. Identification of GRP75 as an independent favorable prognostic marker of neuroblastoma by a proteomics analysis. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:6237-45 pubmed publisher..Our data also substantiate an essential role of GRP75 in the differentiation of NB. ..
- Horng J, Lin L, Hwang P. Functional regulation of H+-ATPase-rich cells in zebrafish embryos acclimated to an acidic environment. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;296:C682-92 pubmed publisher..p63 and PCNA immunostaining results also showed that additional HR cells in pH 4 water may be differentiated not only from ionocyte precursor cells but also newly proliferating epithelial stem cells. ..
- Wu P, Yang C, Yen J, Chou C, Chen S, Wang C, et al. Critical roles of translationally controlled tumor protein in the homeostasis and TCR-mediated proliferation of peripheral T cells. J Immunol. 2009;183:2373-81 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that TCTP plays a very modest role in thymocyte development, but is critical for peripheral T cell maintenance and TCR-mediated cell proliferation. ..
- Lee M, Huang J, Chen Y, Aplin J, Wu Y, Chen C, et al. Angiogenesis in differentiated placental multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells is dependent on integrin alpha5beta1. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6913 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that differentiated hPMSCs may contribute to blood vessel formation, and this activity depends on integrin alpha(5)beta(1). ..
- Lien Y, Wang W, Kuo L, Liu J, Wei P, Ho Y, et al. Nicotine promotes cell migration through alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor in gastric cancer cells. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011;18:2671-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, patients with gastric cancer should avoid smoking. ..
- Lee G, Liou Y, Wang S, Ko K, Jiang S, Liao N. Different NK cell developmental events require different levels of IL-15 trans-presentation. J Immunol. 2011;187:1212-21 pubmed publisher..In summary, each examined developmental event required a particular level of IL-15 trans-presentation by accessory cells. ..
- Huang H, Liu J, Yan H, Tsai H. Arl6ip1 plays a role in proliferation during zebrafish retinogenesis. Cells Tissues Organs. 2012;196:161-74 pubmed publisher..Arl6ip1 not only affects signals controlling eye development but also plays an important role in the proliferation of retinal progenitor cells. ..
- Chang K, Lee Chen G, Wu Y, Chen Y, Lin J, Li M, et al. Impairment of proteasome and anti-oxidative pathways in the induced pluripotent stem cell model for sporadic Parkinson's disease. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2016;24:81-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings also provide a new model to identify potential disease-modifying strategies and an insight into personalized medicine for patients with PD. ..
- Huang H, Lin T, Huang Y, Huang R. Induction of apoptosis and differentiation by atractylenolide-1 isolated from Atractylodes macrocephala in human leukemia cells. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:1905-9 pubmed publisher..Our study thus suggests the potential of developing new leukemia therapies by using ATL-I for leukemia treatment in the future. ..
- Chou S, Chen H, Lu S. Up-regulation of human deoxyribonuclease II gene expression during myelomonocytic differentiation of HL-60 and THP-1 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:48-53 pubmed..This increase in DNase II levels in differentiated HL-60 and THP-1 cells suggests that it may play an important role in macrophages. ..
- Lin H, Liu C, Jow G, Tang C. Toluene disrupts synaptogenesis in cultured hippocampal neurons. Toxicol Lett. 2009;184:90-6 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data are consistent with the idea that toluene may alter the expression and localization of essential synaptic proteins, thereby leading to a disruption of synapse formation and maintenance. ..
- Yen Y, Tsai K, Chen Y, Huang C, Yang R, Liu S. Arsenic inhibits myogenic differentiation and muscle regeneration. Environ Health Perspect. 2010;118:949-56 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that As2O3 inhibits myogenic differentiation by inhibiting Akt-regulated signaling. ..
- Chang K, Tsai C, Chiou Y, Chiu C, Jeng K, Huang C. IL-6 induces neuroendocrine dedifferentiation and cell proliferation in non-small cell lung cancer cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;289:L446-53 pubmed..These data suggest that both kinase pathways play critical roles in the pathogenesis of NSCLC-NE malignancies, providing new molecular targets for future therapeutic approaches. ..
- Feng N, Lin H, Wang J, Chou S, Ma H, Rooney S, et al. Differential expression of a V-type ATPase C subunit gene, Atp6v1c2, during culture of rat lung type II pneumocytes. J Biomed Sci. 2005;12:899-911 pubmed
- Ho M, Chang J, Wu S, Chung Y, Chen C, Hung S, et al. A novel terminal differentiation model of human articular chondrocytes in three-dimensional cultures mimicking chondrocytic changes in osteoarthritis. Cell Biol Int. 2006;30:288-94 pubmed..Terminal differentiation is shown by this model of three-dimensional cultured human articular chondrocytes, which could apply to the studies of the cellular mechanisms of osteoarthritis. ..
- Chien C, Yen B, Lee F, Lai T, Chen Y, Chan S, et al. In vitro differentiation of human placenta-derived multipotent cells into hepatocyte-like cells. Stem Cells. 2006;24:1759-68 pubmed..In conclusion, placenta might be an easily accessible source for progenitor cells that are capable of differentiating toward hepatocyte-like cells in vitro. ..
- Wang S, Lin S, Chen Y, Lin F, Shih J, Wu C, et al. Late outgrowth endothelial cells derived from Wharton jelly in human umbilical cord reduce neointimal formation after vascular injury: involvement of pigment epithelium-derived factor. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:816-22 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for a novel and practical cell-based therapy for vascular diseases. ..
- Hsieh T, Lin T, Hsieh P, Liao M, Shin S. Suppression of Glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase-1 inhibits adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:108-15 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that GFAT-1 plays a critical role in modulating adipogenesis via the regulation of protein O-GlcNAcylation in adipocytes. ..
- Li H, Chien Y, Chen Y, Chen S, Chang Y, Chiang C, et al. Reprogramming induced pluripotent stem cells in the absence of c-Myc for differentiation into hepatocyte-like cells. Biomaterials. 2011;32:5994-6005 pubmed publisher..Therefore, reprogramming adult somatic cells without c-Myc may prevent oxidative stress-induced damage and provide a safer alternative for hepatic regeneration in AHF. ..
- Hsieh C, Chen H, Chang Y, Pang S, Kuo M, Chuang C, et al. Co-existence of epithelioid and fibroblastoid subsets in a sarcomatoid renal carcinoma cell line revealed by clonal studies. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:4875-89 pubmed
- Lai J, Lu C, Yang Yen H, Chang Z. Lysophosphatidic acid promotes phorbol-ester-induced apoptosis in TF-1 cells by interfering with adhesion. Biochem J. 2001;359:227-33 pubmed
- Poongodi G, Suresh N, Gopinath S, Chang T, Inoue S, Inoue Y. Dynamic change of neural cell adhesion molecule polysialylation on human neuroblastoma (IMR-32) and rat pheochromocytoma (PC-12) cells during growth and differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28200-11 pubmed..Thus DP analysis of PSA is important in understanding both mechanism and biological significance of its regulated expression. ..
- Chou S, Chen H, Lu S. Sp1 and Sp3 are involved in up-regulation of human deoxyribonuclease II transcription during differentiation of HL-60 cells. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:1855-62 pubmed..We therefore conclude that Sp1 and/or Sp3 are involved in the up-regulation of DNase II expression during the differentiation of HL-60 cells. ..
- Wang F, Ko J, Lin C, Wu H, Ke H, Tai P. Knocking down dickkopf-1 alleviates estrogen deficiency induction of bone loss. A histomorphological study in ovariectomized rats. Bone. 2007;40:485-92 pubmed..Control of DKK1 signaling can be used in the future as an alternative strategy for protecting estrogen deficiency induction of bone loss. ..
- Chiang Y, Chang C, Chang S, Yang W, Shyur L. Cytopiloyne, a novel polyacetylenic glucoside from Bidens pilosa, functions as a T helper cell modulator. J Ethnopharmacol. 2007;110:532-8 pubmed..Moreover, cytopiloyne can serve as an index compound for quality control of lot-to-lot extract preparations of Bidens pilosa. ..
- Yen M, Chien C, Chiu I, Huang H, Chen Y, Hu H, et al. Multilineage differentiation and characterization of the human fetal osteoblastic 1.19 cell line: a possible in vitro model of human mesenchymal progenitors. Stem Cells. 2007;25:125-31 pubmed..Our data suggest that hFOB cells may provide for researchers an easily available, homogeneous, and consistent in vitro model for study of human mesenchymal progenitor cells. ..
- Lin H, Chiou S, Wu C, Lin W, Chen L, Yang Y, et al. Combretastatin A4-induced differential cytotoxicity and reduced metastatic ability by inhibition of AKT function in human gastric cancer cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;323:365-73 pubmed..Further investigation on drugs targeting the PI3 kinase-AKT pathway may provide a new approach for the treatment of human gastric cancer. ..
- Lin N, Lin C, Chang C. Modulation of immediate early gene expression by tristetraprolin in the differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;365:69-74 pubmed..Taken together, our results implied that TTP may target specific ARE-containing IEGs' mRNAs such as COX-2 and MKP-1 mRNAs to modulate their expression post-transcriptionally. ..
- Hsu L, Chen C, Nakano T, Lai C, Chiang K, Lin Y, et al. The role of a nuclear protein, histone H1, on signalling pathways for the maturation of dendritic cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2008;152:576-84 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the translocation of histone H1 from nuclei to cytoplasm and the release of their own histone H1 are necessary for the maturation of DCs and the activation for T lymphocytes. ..
- Liao W, Tsai H, Wang H, Chang J, Lu K, Wu H, et al. Modular patterning of structure and function of the striatum by retinoid receptor signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:6765-70 pubmed publisher..RARbeta signaling thus plays a crucial role in setting up striatal compartments that may engage in neural circuits of psychomotor control. ..
- Lin T, Yang R, Tang C, Wu M, Fu W. Regulation of the maturation of osteoblasts and osteoclastogenesis by glutamate. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;589:37-44 pubmed publisher..Activation of both AMPA and NMDA receptors regulates the maturation of osteoblasts. NMDA but not AMPA affects receptor for activation of NF-kappaB ligand (RANKL)-induced osteoclastogenesis. ..
- Tsai C, Chiu Y, Hsu T, Lin I, Hsieh S, Lin K. Galectin-1 promotes immunoglobulin production during plasma cell differentiation. J Immunol. 2008;181:4570-9 pubmed..Taken together, these data are the first to demonstrate a role for galectin-1 in promoting Ig production during plasma cell differentiation. ..
- Huang H, Li Y, Chung M. Activin A induction of erythroid differentiation through MKK6-p38alpha/p38beta pathway is inhibited by follistatin. J Cell Physiol. 2010;223:687-94 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that activin A induces erythroid differentiation of K562 cells through activation of MKK6-p38alpha/p38beta pathway and follistatin inhibits those effects. ..
- Shih Y, Tseng K, Lai H, Lin C, Lee O. Matrix stiffness regulation of integrin-mediated mechanotransduction during osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells. J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:730-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide evidence that the matrix rigidity affects the osteogenic outcome of MSCs through mechanotransduction events that are mediated by ?(2)-integrin. ..
- Chiang H, Hsieh C, Lin Y, Lin S, Tsai Wu J, Jiang C. Differences between chondrocytes and bone marrow-derived chondrogenic cells. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011;17:2919-29 pubmed publisher..86 nN and 0.134 N/m, respectively). To conclude, although the iMSCs exhibited the chondrogenic phenotype, they differed from the chondrocytes in their molecular biological and mechanical properties. ..
- Huang Y, Lin J, Lin C, Su Y, Hung S. c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1 negatively regulates osteoblastic differentiation induced by BMP2 via phosphorylation of Runx2 at Ser104. J Bone Miner Res. 2012;27:1093-105 pubmed publisher..In addition, unraveling these mechanisms may help to develop new strategies in enhancing osteoblastic differentiation and bone formation. ..
- Lin J, Lu Y, Liu Y, Lin Y. RBM4a-regulated splicing cascade modulates the differentiation and metabolic activities of brown adipocytes. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20665 pubmed publisher..These results constitute a mechanistic understanding of the RBM4a-modulated splicing cascade during the brown adipogenesis. ..
- Wang J, Liao C, Chiou Y, Chiou C, Huang Y, Chen L. Ultrastructure and localization of E proteins in cultured neuron cells infected with Japanese encephalitis virus. Virology. 1997;238:30-9 pubmed..The interconnections between MVS, rER, and the nuclear envelope and immunogold labeling of E proteins on the MVS provided strong evidence that MVS serve as a reservoir of JEV components during virus assembly. ..
- Sung Y, Sung Z, Ho C, Lin M, Wang J, Yang S, et al. Intercellular calcium waves mediate preferential cell growth toward the wound edge in polarized hepatic cells. Exp Cell Res. 2003;287:209-18 pubmed..In conclusion, our results suggested that intercellular communications via propagating calcium waves coordinate regenerative cell proliferations in response to hepatic tissue losses. ..
- Lien C, Lee O, Su Y. Cbfb enhances the osteogenic differentiation of both human and mouse mesenchymal stem cells induced by Cbfa-1 via reducing its ubiquitination-mediated degradation. Stem Cells. 2007;25:1462-8 pubmed..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Hung P, Kao S, Liu C, Tu H, Wu C, Lin S. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-5 enhances the migration and differentiation of gingival epithelial cells. J Periodontal Res. 2008;43:673-80 pubmed publisher..These phenotypic effects may be associated with focal adhesion kinase and are advantageous for re-epithelization of GEC and the maintenance of gingival health. ..
- Wu G, Chen W, Sung C, Jean Y, Hung C, Chen F, et al. Isoflurane attenuates dynorphin-induced cytotoxicity and downregulation of Bcl-2 expression in differentiated neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2009;53:55-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that isoflurane exerts neuroprotective effects in the case of dynorphin-induced pathophysiological disruption. ..
- Tu C, Yang T, Tsai H. Nkx2.7 and Nkx2.5 function redundantly and are required for cardiac morphogenesis of zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4249 pubmed publisher..7 plays a more critical function, specifically indicated by the gain-of-function and loss-of- function experiments where Nkx2.7 is observed to regulate the expressions of tbx5 and tbx20 through the maturation stage. ..
- Chang C, Lai Y, Hou M, Huang P, Liao N. IL-15R? of radiation-resistant cells is necessary and sufficient for thymic invariant NKT cell survival and functional maturation. J Immunol. 2011;187:1235-42 pubmed publisher..Finally, IL-15R? expressed by radiation-resistant cells is necessary and sufficient to support the survival as well as the examined maturation events of thymic iNKT cells. ..
- Huang T, Chang H, Chen C, Wu P, Lee H, Liao Y, et al. Silencing of miR-124 induces neuroblastoma SK-N-SH cell differentiation, cell cycle arrest and apoptosis through promoting AHR. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3582-6 pubmed publisher..We validate that miR-124 may suppress the expression of AHR by targeting its 3'-UTR. These results suggest that miR-124 could serve as a potential therapeutic target of neuroblastoma. ..
- Chen Y, Wu M, Huang C, Lin S, Chuang T, Yu C, et al. CD133/Src axis mediates tumor initiating property and epithelial-mesenchymal transition of head and neck cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28053 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that CD133/Src signaling is a regulatory switch to gain of EMT and of stemness properties in HNSCC. Finally, CD133/Src axis might be a potential therapeutic target for HNSCC by eliminating HN-CICs. ..
- Chen Y, Lu Y, Li I, Hwang S. Zebrafish Agr2 is required for terminal differentiation of intestinal goblet cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34408 pubmed publisher..However, whether increased endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress occurs in Agr2(-/-) mice remains a controversial issue...
- Lin Y, Ding J, Li M, Yeh T, Wang T, Yu J. YAP regulates neuronal differentiation through Sonic hedgehog signaling pathway. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:1877-88 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study reveals that Shh signaling acts downstream of YAP in regulating neuronal differentiation. ..
- Ko H, Chen S, Chen H, Hao H, Liu F. Cell type-selective expression of the zinc finger-containing gene Nolz-1/Zfp503 in the developing mouse striatum. Neurosci Lett. 2013;548:44-9 pubmed publisher..5 to adulthood. Taken together, our study suggests that Nolz-1 serves as a marker for early differentiating striatal projection neurons and that Nolz-1 may regulate development of striatal projection neurons. ..
- Kuo C, Chen K, Chou S, Huang Y, Wu C, Cheng D, et al. Lung tumor-associated dendritic cell-derived resistin promoted cancer progression by increasing Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome candidate 1/Twist pathway. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:2600-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that TADC-derived resistin may be a novel candidate in promoting the development of lung cancer. ..
- Chen Y, Chen T, Pai L, Wesoly J, Bluyssen H, Lee C. A type I IFN-Flt3 ligand axis augments plasmacytoid dendritic cell development from common lymphoid progenitors. J Exp Med. 2013;210:2515-22 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results define a critical role for the FL/IFN-I/Flt3 axis in pDC differentiation from CLPs. ..
- Wang A, Ku H, Liang Y, Chen Y, Hwu Y, Yeh T. The autonomous notch signal pathway is activated by baicalin and baicalein but is suppressed by niclosamide in K562 cells. J Cell Biochem. 2009;106:682-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this system could be beneficial for screening of drugs with potential to treat Notch signal pathway-associated diseases...
- Lin R, Yen C, Chou T, Chiang F, Wang G, Tseng Y, et al. Antioxidant, anti-adipocyte differentiation, antitumor activity and anthelmintic activities against Anisakis simplex and Hymenolepis nana of yakuchinone A from Alpinia oxyphylla. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:237 pubmed publisher..Alpinia oxyphylla is a common remedy in traditional Chinese medicine. Yakuchinone A is a major constituent of A. oxyphylla and exhibits anti-inflammatory, antitumor, antibacterial, and gastric protective activities...
- Liu C, Chou Y, Ch ang L. Down-regulation of human NDR gene in megakaryocytic differentiation of erythroleukemia K562 cells. J Biomed Sci. 2004;11:104-16 pubmed..These results suggest a novel function of nuclear NDR protein in regulating hematopoietic cell development. ..
- Cheng P, Lin Y, Chen Y, Lee Y, Tai C, Wang Y, et al. Interplay between SIN3A and STAT3 mediates chromatin conformational changes and GFAP expression during cellular differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22018 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that exchange of repressor and activator complexes and epigenetic modifications are critical strategies for cellular differentiation and lineage-specific gene expression. ..
- Cheng C, Lian W, Hsiao F, Liu I, Lin S, Lee Y, et al. Isolation and characterization of novel murine epiphysis derived mesenchymal stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36085 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to find an alternative murine MSCs source that could provide sufficient MSCs...
- Wu C, Chiang W, Lai C, Chang F, Chen Y, Chou Y, et al. Transforming growth factor ?-1 stimulates profibrotic epithelial signaling to activate pericyte-myofibroblast transition in obstructive kidney fibrosis. Am J Pathol. 2013;182:118-31 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study identified a novel link between injured epithelium and pericyte-myofibroblast transition through TGF-?1 during kidney fibrosis. ..
- Cheng N, Hsieh T, Lai H, Young T. High glucose-induced reactive oxygen species generation promotes stemness in human adipose-derived stem cells. Cytotherapy. 2016;18:371-83 pubmed publisher..The information is important for future application of autologous ASCs in diabetic patients. ..
- Cheng M, Yang H, Chen T, Lee O. Isolation and characterization of multipotent stem cells from human cruciate ligaments. Cell Prolif. 2009;42:448-60 pubmed publisher..Self-renewal and mesodermal differentiation potential of these cells make them a viable alternative source for use in regenerative medicine. ..
- Liang Y, Kuo H, Lin C, Chen Y, Yang B, Cheng Y, et al. Switching of the core structures of glycosphingolipids from globo- and lacto- to ganglio-series upon human embryonic stem cell differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:22564-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, unique glycan structures uncovered by MS analyses may serve as surface markers for further delineation of hESCs and help identify of their functional roles not only in hESCs but also in cancers. ..
- Huang P, Shih Y, Tseng Y, Ko T, Fu Y, Lin Y. Xenograft of human umbilical mesenchymal stem cells from Wharton's jelly as a potential therapy for rat pilocarpine-induced epilepsy. Brain Behav Immun. 2016;54:45-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, HUMSC transplantation may be an effective therapy in the future. ..
- Lin S, Huang S, Lin Y, Wu S, Chang H, Lin T, et al. Engineering adipose tissue from uncultured human adipose stromal vascular fraction on collagen matrix and gelatin sponge scaffolds. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011;17:1489-98 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that new adipose tissue can be regenerated by seeding freshly isolated, uncultured SVF on 3D porous collagen matrix and gelatin sponge scaffolds. ..
- Chang C, Hsuuw Y, Huang F, Shyr C, Chang S, Huang C, et al. Androgenic and antiandrogenic effects and expression of androgen receptor in mouse embryonic stem cells. Fertil Steril. 2006;85 Suppl 1:1195-203 pubmed..During differentiation, the expression level of AR was increased in a stage-dependent but not a ligand-dependent manner. Nilutamide promoted cell growth and increased Akt expression in ESCs. ..
- Hsiao C, You M, Guh Y, Ma M, Jiang Y, Hwang P. A positive regulatory loop between foxi3a and foxi3b is essential for specification and differentiation of zebrafish epidermal ionocytes. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e302 pubmed
- Lin C, Lin H, Tsai M, Lin S, Chen M. Zinc chloride for odontogenesis of dental pulp stem cells via metallothionein up-regulation. J Endod. 2011;37:211-6 pubmed publisher..This was the first report that ZnCl(2) could promote odontoblastic differentiation of DPSCs through the up-regulation of gene MT. ..
- Wang C, Ma N, Lin Y, Wu C, Hsiao M, Lu F, et al. A shRNA functional screen reveals Nme6 and Nme7 are crucial for embryonic stem cell renewal. Stem Cells. 2012;30:2199-211 pubmed publisher..This implies the importance of Nme6 and Nme7 in ESC renewal. This finding not only pinpoints Nme6 or Nme7 can regulate several critical regulators in ESC renewal but also increases our understanding of the ESC renewal and oncogenesis. ..
- Tsai C, Huang T, Ma H, Chiang E, Hung S. Isolation of mesenchymal stem cells from shoulder rotator cuff: a potential source for muscle and tendon repair. Cell Transplant. 2013;22:413-22 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the successful isolation of MSCs from human rotator cuffs and encourage the application of RC-MSCs in myogenic regeneration. ..
- Liu B, Wang Y, Wu S, Mersmann H, Cheng W, Ding S. Insulin regulates the expression of adiponectin and adiponectin receptors in porcine adipocytes. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2008;34:352-9 pubmed..Therefore, these data suggest that a PPARgamma agonist increases expression of AdipoR2 and that insulin inhibits the expression of AdipoR2 through the PI3K pathway. ..
- Kuan Y, Lee W, Hung C, Yang C, Sheu F. Investigating the function of a novel protein from Anoectochilus formosanus which induced macrophage differentiation through TLR4-mediated NF-?B activation. Int Immunopharmacol. 2012;14:114-20 pubmed publisher..These findings provided valuable information regarding the immune modulatory mechanism of A. formosanus, and indicated the possibility of IPAF as a potential peptide drug. ..
- Cheng H, Shih H, Chern Y. Essential role of cAMP-response element-binding protein activation by A2A adenosine receptors in rescuing the nerve growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth impaired by blockage of the MAPK cascade. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:33930-42 pubmed..Collectively, CREB functions in conjunction with the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway to mediate the neurite outgrowth process in PC12 cells. ..
- Kuo H, Hsu H, Chang C, Jiang M, Yeh C, Shen K, et al. High nuclear phosphorylated extracellular signal-regulated kinase expression associated with poor differentiation, larger tumor size, and an advanced stage of breast cancer. Pol J Pathol. 2013;64:163-9 pubmed..018) of the disease. Thus, nuclear phosphorylated ERK1/2 is associated with enhanced proliferation and invasion of mammary carcinomas and may be a biomarker for breast cancer prognosis and the determination of therapeutic strategies. ..
- Tai T, Chan C, Lin C, Chen L, Jeng J, Chang M. Transforming growth factor beta2 regulates growth and differentiation of pulp cells via ALK5/Smad2/3. J Endod. 2008;34:427-32 pubmed publisher..TGF-beta2 possibly regulates the differentiation of pulp cell at specific stages synergistically with other factors. ..
- Tsai W, Chien H, Shih C, Lai S, Li I, Hsu S, et al. Annexin A1 mediates the anti-inflammatory effects during the granulocytic differentiation process in all-trans retinoic acid-treated acute promyelocytic leukemic cells. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:3661-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that biologically active AnxA1 may play a role in the anti-inflammatory properties of ATRA-treated APL cells during the process of granulocytic differentiation. ..
- Huang C, Ho W, Lee W, Sheu M, Wang Y, Tu S, et al. SP1-regulated p27/Kip1 gene expression is involved in terbinafine-induced human A431 cancer cell differentiation: an in vitro and in vivo study. Biochem Pharmacol. 2008;75:1783-96 pubmed publisher..Such results suggest that SP1 plays a critical role in the p27/Kip1 gene transcriptional activation that may be subsequently involved in the TB-induced A431 cancer cell differentiation process. ..
- Yeh Y, Choo K, Cheng W, Li H. Ohx is a homeobox-encoding gene preferentially expressed in mature oocytes. Mech Dev. 2002;117:259-63 pubmed..Whole mount in situ hybridization analysis demonstrates that the Ohx mRNA was exclusively localized to the oocytes of the mature ovary. Ohx is one of the few homeobox-encoding genes preferentially expressed during mammalian oogenesis. ..
- Yeh L, Miaw S, Lin M, Chou F, Shieh S, Chuang Y, et al. Different modulation of Ptpn22 in effector and regulatory T cells leads to attenuation of autoimmune diabetes in transgenic nonobese diabetic mice. J Immunol. 2013;191:594-607 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that Pep overexpression in T cells attenuates autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice by preferentially modulating TCR signaling-mediated functions in diabetogenic T cells but not in T(regs). ..
- Kang H, Shyr C, Huang C, Tsai M, Orimo H, Lin P, et al. Altered TNSALP expression and phosphate regulation contribute to reduced mineralization in mice lacking androgen receptor. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:7354-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, androgen/AR signaling plays an essential role in bone formation by coordinating the expression of genes associated with phosphate regulation. ..