Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell differentiation in Switzerland
Topic: cell differentiation
Publications295 found, 100 shown here
- Sirzen Zelenskaya A, Zeyse J, Kapfhammer J. Activation of class I metabotropic glutamate receptors limits dendritic growth of Purkinje cells in organotypic slice cultures. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;24:2978-86 pubmed..This developmental mechanism could protect Purkinje cells from excitotoxic death through excessive release of glutamate from an overload of parallel fiber contacts. ..
- Acosta Rodriguez E, Napolitani G, Lanzavecchia A, Sallusto F. Interleukins 1beta and 6 but not transforming growth factor-beta are essential for the differentiation of interleukin 17-producing human T helper cells. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:942-9 pubmed
- Fevr T, Robine S, Louvard D, Huelsken J. Wnt/beta-catenin is essential for intestinal homeostasis and maintenance of intestinal stem cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7551-9 pubmed..This challenges attempts to target aberrant Wnt signaling as a new therapeutic strategy to treat colorectal cancer. ..
- Pernet V, Joly S, Christ F, Dimou L, Schwab M. Nogo-A and myelin-associated glycoprotein differently regulate oligodendrocyte maturation and myelin formation. J Neurosci. 2008;28:7435-44 pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrate that Nogo-A and MAG are differently involved in oligodendrocyte maturation in vivo, and suggest that Nogo-A may influence also remyelination in pathological conditions such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- Herzog D, Loetscher P, van Hengel J, Knüsel S, Brakebusch C, Taylor V, et al. The small GTPase RhoA is required to maintain spinal cord neuroepithelium organization and the neural stem cell pool. J Neurosci. 2011;31:5120-30 pubmed publisher..Together, our data show that RhoA signaling is necessary for AJ regulation and for the maintenance of mammalian neuroepithelium organization preventing precocious cell-cycle exit and differentiation. ..
- Merck E, Lees R, Voyle R, Held W, MacDonald H. Ly49D-mediated ITAM signaling in immature thymocytes impairs development by bypassing the pre-TCR checkpoint. J Immunol. 2011;187:110-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data indicate that inappropriate ITAM signaling by activating NK receptors on immature thymocytes can subvert T cell development by bypassing the pre-TCR checkpoint. ..
- Bernhardt M, Priebe M, Osterhoff M, Wollnik C, Diaz A, Salditt T, et al. X-Ray Micro- and Nanodiffraction Imaging on Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Differentiated Cells. Biophys J. 2016;110:680-690 pubmed publisher..Our data support the hypothesis of stem cells establishing ordered structures along their differentiation process. ..
- Otten L, Tacchini Cottier F, Lohoff M, Annunziato F, Cosmi L, Scarpellino L, et al. Deregulated MHC class II transactivator expression leads to a strong Th2 bias in CD4+ T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2003;170:1150-7 pubmed..These results imply that CIITA is not a direct Th1-specific repressor of the IL-4 gene and that tight control over the expression of CIITA and MHC-II is required to maintain the normal balance between Th1 and Th2 responses. ..
- Borggrefe T, Masat L, Wabl M, Riwar B, Cattoretti G, Jessberger R. Cellular, intracellular, and developmental expression patterns of murine SWAP-70. Eur J Immunol. 1999;29:1812-22 pubmed..SWAP-70 expression is not increased by gamma or UV irradiation of spleen cells, nor does it depend on p53. These characteristics are consistent with the putative role of SWAP-70 in immunoglobulin class switching. ..
- Evangelopoulos M, Weis J, Kruttgen A. Signalling pathways leading to neuroblastoma differentiation after serum withdrawal: HDL blocks neuroblastoma differentiation by inhibition of EGFR. Oncogene. 2005;24:3309-18 pubmed..Our results demonstrate a novel role for serum-derived lipoproteins in the control of receptor tyrosine kinase activity. ..
- Zhang H, Vollmer M, De Geyter M, Dürrenberger M, De Geyter C. Apoptosis and differentiation induced by staurosporine in granulosa tumor cells is coupled with activation of JNK and suppression of p38 MAPK. Int J Oncol. 2005;26:1575-80 pubmed..These results may indicate the usefulness of staurosporine or its analogs for the development of a future medical treatment of granulosa tumors. ..
- Chera S, Kaloulis K, Galliot B. The cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) as an integrative HUB selector in metazoans: clues from the hydra model system. Biosystems. 2007;87:191-203 pubmed
- Born A, Rottmar M, Lischer S, Pleskova M, Bruinink A, Maniura Weber K. Correlating cell architecture with osteogenesis: first steps towards live single cell monitoring. Eur Cell Mater. 2009;18:49-60, 61-2; discussion 60 pubmed..We found distinct changes in cell architecture upon osteogenic differentiation thus providing evidence for the connection between cell shape and functional state. ..
- Mitsiadis T, Feki A, Papaccio G, Caton J. Dental pulp stem cells, niches, and notch signaling in tooth injury. Adv Dent Res. 2011;23:275-9 pubmed publisher..Better knowledge of the regulation of dental pulp stem cells within their niches in pathological conditions will aid in the development of novel treatments for dental tissue repair and regeneration. ..
- Rottmar M, Mhanna R, Guimond Lischer S, Vogel V, Zenobi Wong M, Maniura Weber K. Interference with the contractile machinery of the fibroblastic chondrocyte cytoskeleton induces re-expression of the cartilage phenotype through involvement of PI3K, PKC and MAPKs. Exp Cell Res. 2014;320:175-87 pubmed publisher
- Merino R, Fossati L, Iwamoto M, Takahashi S, Lemoine R, Ibnou Zekri N, et al. Effect of long-term anti-CD4 or anti-CD8 treatment on the development of lpr CD4- CD8- double negative T cells and of the autoimmune syndrome in MRL-lpr/lpr mice. J Autoimmun. 1995;8:33-45 pubmed..Our results support the idea that CD8+ T cells are a major source of the lpr DN T cells, and that the lpr DN T cells play a minor, if any, role in the pathogenesis of lupus-like autoimmune syndrome in MRL-lpr/lpr mice. ..
- Monnet Tschudi F, Zurich M, Honegger P. Comparison of the developmental effects of two mercury compounds on glial cells and neurons in aggregate cultures of rat telencephalon. Brain Res. 1996;741:52-9 pubmed..These development-dependent and cell type-specific effects may reflect the pathogenic potential of long-term exposure to subclinical doses of mercury...
- Leyvraz C, Charles R, Rubera I, Guitard M, Rotman S, Breiden B, et al. The epidermal barrier function is dependent on the serine protease CAP1/Prss8. J Cell Biol. 2005;170:487-96 pubmed..This study shows that CAP1/Prss8 expression in the epidermis is crucial for the epidermal permeability barrier and is, thereby, indispensable for postnatal survival. ..
- Fritschy J, Panzanelli P, Kralic J, Vogt K, Sassoè Pognetto M. Differential dependence of axo-dendritic and axo-somatic GABAergic synapses on GABAA receptors containing the alpha1 subunit in Purkinje cells. J Neurosci. 2006;26:3245-55 pubmed..In contrast, maintenance of axo-somatic GABAergic synapses does not depend on functional GABAA receptors, suggesting differential regulation in distinct subcellular compartments. ..
- Onai N, Obata Onai A, Schmid M, Ohteki T, Jarrossay D, Manz M. Identification of clonogenic common Flt3+M-CSFR+ plasmacytoid and conventional dendritic cell progenitors in mouse bone marrow. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:1207-16 pubmed..These clonogenic common DC progenitors thus define a cytokine-regulated DC developmental pathway that ensures the supply of various DC populations. ..
- Buser A, Erne B, Werner H, Nave K, Schaeren Wiemers N. The septin cytoskeleton in myelinating glia. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:156-66 pubmed publisher..We suggest that septins are intriguing candidates for membrane compartmentalization in myelin internodes. ..
- Fuchs S, Herzog D, Sumara G, Büchmann Møller S, Civenni G, Wu X, et al. Stage-specific control of neural crest stem cell proliferation by the small rho GTPases Cdc42 and Rac1. Cell Stem Cell. 2009;4:236-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data reveal distinct mechanisms for growth control of NCSCs from different developmental stages. ..
- Tchorz J, Kinter J, Muller M, Tornillo L, Heim M, Bettler B. Notch2 signaling promotes biliary epithelial cell fate specification and tubulogenesis during bile duct development in mice. Hepatology. 2009;50:871-9 pubmed publisher..Notch2 signaling regulates BEC differentiation, the induction of tubulogenesis during IHBD development, and BEC survival. ..
- Klunker S, Chong M, Mantel P, Palomares O, Bassin C, Ziegler M, et al. Transcription factors RUNX1 and RUNX3 in the induction and suppressive function of Foxp3+ inducible regulatory T cells. J Exp Med. 2009;206:2701-15 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, FOXP3 and RUNX3 were colocalized in human tonsil T reg cells. These data demonstrate Runx transcription factors as a molecular link in TGF-beta-induced Foxp3 expression in iT reg cell differentiation and function. ..
- Wenk E, MURPHY A, Kaplan D, Meinel L, Merkle H, Uebersax L. The use of sulfonated silk fibroin derivatives to control binding, delivery and potency of FGF-2 in tissue regeneration. Biomaterials. 2010;31:1403-13 pubmed publisher..This study introduces a first step towards the development of an ECM-mimicking biomaterial for sustained, non-covalent binding, controlled delivery and preserved potency of biomolecules. ..
- Speiser D, Schwarz K, Baumgaertner P, Manolova V, Devevre E, Sterry W, et al. Memory and effector CD8 T-cell responses after nanoparticle vaccination of melanoma patients. J Immunother. 2010;33:848-58 pubmed publisher..We conclude that vaccination with CpG loaded virus-like nanoparticles is associated with a human CD8 T-cell response with properties of a potential long-term immune protection from the disease. ..
- Arnold P, Schöler A, Pachkov M, Balwierz P, Jørgensen H, Stadler M, et al. Modeling of epigenome dynamics identifies transcription factors that mediate Polycomb targeting. Genome Res. 2013;23:60-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results show that key TFs can be identified ab initio through computational modeling of epigenome data sets using a modeling approach that we make readily accessible. ..
- Wuest S, Crucet M, Gemperle C, Loretz C, Hersberger M. Expression and regulation of 12/15-lipoxygenases in human primary macrophages. Atherosclerosis. 2012;225:121-7 pubmed publisher..IL-4 and IL-13 also increase the expression of ALOX15, however, only IL-4 stimulation seems to drive ALOX15 expression to levels higher than the basal expression of ALOX15B. Hence, ALOX15B may play a major role in human atherosclerosis. ..
- Chai Q, Onder L, Scandella E, Gil Cruz C, Perez Shibayama C, Cupovic J, et al. Maturation of lymph node fibroblastic reticular cells from myofibroblastic precursors is critical for antiviral immunity. Immunity. 2013;38:1013-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, myofibroblasic FRC precursors are able to generate the basic T cell zone infrastructure, whereas LT?R-dependent maturation of FRCs guarantees full immunocompetence and hence optimal LN function during infection. ..
- Duttenhoefer F, Lara de Freitas R, Meury T, Loibl M, Benneker L, Richards R, et al. 3D scaffolds co-seeded with human endothelial progenitor and mesenchymal stem cells: evidence of prevascularisation within 7 days. Eur Cell Mater. 2013;26:49-64; discussion 64-5 pubmed..These results are promising for future clinical applications, as all components (cells, growth factors) can be prepared in an autologous way. ..
- Voss J, Loebel C, Bara J, Fussinger M, Duttenhoefer F, Alini M, et al. Effect of Short-Term Stimulation with Interleukin-1Î² and Differentiation Medium on Human Mesenchymal Stromal Cell Paracrine Activity in Coculture with Osteoblasts. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:714230 pubmed publisher..In addition, undifferentiated hMSCs are able to regulate osteoblast differentiation; however, this regulatory function is lost upon osteogenic differentiation in vitro. This offers a novel approach for clinical cell therapy protocols. ..
- Mantel P, Kuipers H, Boyman O, Rhyner C, Ouaked N, Rückert B, et al. GATA3-driven Th2 responses inhibit TGF-beta1-induced FOXP3 expression and the formation of regulatory T cells. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e329 pubmed
- Joly S, Pernet V, Samardzija M, Grimm C. Pax6-positive Müller glia cells express cell cycle markers but do not proliferate after photoreceptor injury in the mouse retina. Glia. 2011;59:1033-46 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that a release of the S-phase blockade may be crucial for Müller cells to successfully transdifferentiate and replace injured photoreceptors in mammals. ..
- Sallusto F, Lanzavecchia A. Efficient presentation of soluble antigen by cultured human dendritic cells is maintained by granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor plus interleukin 4 and downregulated by tumor necrosis factor alpha. J Exp Med. 1994;179:1109-18 pubmed
- Kunz S, Ziegler U, Kunz B, Sonderegger P. Intracellular signaling is changed after clustering of the neural cell adhesion molecules axonin-1 and NgCAM during neurite fasciculation. J Cell Biol. 1996;135:253-67 pubmed..Thus, axonin-1 and NgCAM trigger distinctive intracellular signals during in vitro differentiation depending on their state of association. ..
- Radtke F, Ferrero I, Wilson A, Lees R, Aguet M, MacDonald H. Notch1 deficiency dissociates the intrathymic development of dendritic cells and T cells. J Exp Med. 2000;191:1085-94 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that the development of DCs is totally independent of Notch1 function, and strongly suggest a dissociation between intrathymic T cell and DC precursors. ..
- Lowin Kropf B, Kunz B, Beermann F, Held W. Impaired natural killing of MHC class I-deficient targets by NK cells expressing a catalytically inactive form of SHP-1. J Immunol. 2000;165:1314-21 pubmed..Alternatively, a reduced capacity to transduce SHP-1-dependent inhibitory signals during NK cell development may be compensated by the down-modulation of NK cell triggering pathways. ..
- Cobas M, Wilson A, Ernst B, Mancini S, MacDonald H, Kemler R, et al. Beta-catenin is dispensable for hematopoiesis and lymphopoiesis. J Exp Med. 2004;199:221-9 pubmed..In contrast to earlier reports, these data exclude an essential role for beta-catenin during hematopoiesis and lymphopoiesis. ..
- Bianchi E, Ferrari S. Beta-arrestin2 regulates parathyroid hormone effects on a p38 MAPK and NFkappaB gene expression network in osteoblasts. Bone. 2009;45:716-25 pubmed publisher..PTH, and delineates new molecular mechanisms to explain the anabolic and catabolic effects of PTH on bone. ..
- Britschgi M, Favre S, Luther S. CCL21 is sufficient to mediate DC migration, maturation and function in the absence of CCL19. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:1266-71 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that CCL21 is the critical CCR7 ligand regulating DC homeostasis and function in vivo with CCL19 being redundant for these processes. ..
- Greter M, Lelios I, Pelczar P, Hoeffel G, Price J, Leboeuf M, et al. Stroma-derived interleukin-34 controls the development and maintenance of langerhans cells and the maintenance of microglia. Immunity. 2012;37:1050-1060 pubmed publisher..In contrast, microglia and their yolk sac precursors develop independently of IL-34 but rely on it for their maintenance in the adult brain. ..
- Perdikari A, Kulenkampff E, Rudigier C, Neubauer H, Luippold G, Redemann N, et al. A high-throughput, image-based screen to identify kinases involved in brown adipocyte development. Sci Signal. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Together, our results provide insight into the kinases, particularly AMPK, that regulate brown adipocyte formation. ..
- Ohteki T, Wilson A, Verbeek S, MacDonald H, Clevers H. Selectively impaired development of intestinal T cell receptor gamma delta+ cells and liver CD4+ NK1+ T cell receptor alpha beta+ cells in T cell factor-1-deficient mice. Eur J Immunol. 1996;26:351-5 pubmed..Collectively, our data suggest that Tcf-1 is differentially required for the development of some extrathymic T cell subsets, including intestinal TCR gamma delta+ cells and liver CD4+ NK1+T cells. ..
- Braissant O, Henry H, Villard A, Zurich M, Loup M, Eilers B, et al. Ammonium-induced impairment of axonal growth is prevented through glial creatine. J Neurosci. 2002;22:9810-20 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the means to efficiently sustain CNS creatine concentration in hyperammonemic neonates and infants should be assessed to prevent impairment of axonogenesis and irreversible brain damage. ..
- Bahadori R, Huber M, Rinner O, Seeliger M, Geiger Rudolph S, Geisler R, et al. Retinal function and morphology in two zebrafish models of oculo-renal syndromes. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:1377-86 pubmed
- Nowbakht P, Ionescu M, Rohner A, Kalberer C, Rossy E, Mori L, et al. Ligands for natural killer cell-activating receptors are expressed upon the maturation of normal myelomonocytic cells but at low levels in acute myeloid leukemias. Blood. 2005;105:3615-22 pubmed
- Ducray A, Schläppi J, Qualls R, Andres R, Seiler R, Schlattner U, et al. Creatine treatment promotes differentiation of GABA-ergic neuronal precursors in cultured fetal rat spinal cord. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:1863-75 pubmed..The data suggest that creatine may play a critical role during development of spinal cord neurons. ..
- Johnston A, Matveeva E, Kirioukhova O, Grossniklaus U, Gruissem W. A dynamic reciprocal RBR-PRC2 regulatory circuit controls Arabidopsis gametophyte development. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1680-6 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, PRC2-specific H3K27-trimethylation activity represses paternal RBR allele, suggesting a functional role for a dynamic and reciprocal RBR-PRC2 regulatory circuit in cellular differentiation and reproductive development. ..
- Karoubi G, Cortes Dericks L, Breyer I, Schmid R, Dutly A. Identification of mesenchymal stromal cells in human lung parenchyma capable of differentiating into aquaporin 5-expressing cells. Lab Invest. 2009;89:1100-14 pubmed publisher..Further investigation of these resident cells may elucidate a therapeutic cell population capable of lung repair and/or regeneration. ..
- Zhang L, Tschumi B, Lopez Mejia I, Oberle S, Meyer M, Samson G, et al. Mammalian Target of Rapamycin Complex 2 Controls CD8 T Cell Memory Differentiation in a Foxo1-Dependent Manner. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1206-1217 pubmed publisher..Therefore, mTORC2 is a critical regulator of CD8 T cell differentiation and may be an important target for immunotherapy interventions. ..
- Caldelari R, de Bruin A, Baumann D, Suter M, Bierkamp C, Balmer V, et al. A central role for the armadillo protein plakoglobin in the autoimmune disease pemphigus vulgaris. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:823-34 pubmed
- Legler D, Krause P, Scandella E, Singer E, Groettrup M. Prostaglandin E2 is generally required for human dendritic cell migration and exerts its effect via EP2 and EP4 receptors. J Immunol. 2006;176:966-73 pubmed..Our results provide clear evidence that PGE2 is a general and mandatory factor for the development of a migratory phenotype of human MoDCs as well as for peripheral blood myeloid DCs. ..
- Löhning M, Hegazy A, Pinschewer D, Busse D, Lang K, Hofer T, et al. Long-lived virus-reactive memory T cells generated from purified cytokine-secreting T helper type 1 and type 2 effectors. J Exp Med. 2008;205:53-61 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the efficiency of linear memory T cell differentiation and encourage the design of vaccines and immune cell therapies based on differentiated effector T cells. ..
- Messerli M, Wagner A, Sager R, Mueller M, Baumann M, Surbek D, et al. Stem cells from umbilical cord Wharton's jelly from preterm birth have neuroglial differentiation potential. Reprod Sci. 2013;20:1455-64 pubmed publisher..Their potential use as cellular graft in neuroregenerative therapy for peripartum brain injury in preterm birth has to be tested. ..
- Onder L, Mörbe U, Pikor N, Novković M, Cheng H, Hehlgans T, et al. Lymphatic Endothelial Cells Control Initiation of Lymph Node Organogenesis. Immunity. 2017;47:80-92.e4 pubmed publisher..Finally, the finding that pharmacologically enforced interaction between LTi cells and LECs promotes ectopic LN formation underscores the central LTo function of LECs. ..
- Bruno L, Res P, Dessing M, Cella M, Spits H. Identification of a committed T cell precursor population in adult human peripheral blood. J Exp Med. 1997;185:875-84 pubmed..Our results suggest that CD4+CD3- cells identified in peripheral blood are different from CD3-CD4+CD8- thymocytes and may contain precursors of an extrathymic T cell differentiation pathway. ..
- Wang H, Maechler P, Ritz Laser B, Hagenfeldt K, Ishihara H, Philippe J, et al. Pdx1 level defines pancreatic gene expression pattern and cell lineage differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:25279-86 pubmed..1. Pdx1 defines pancreatic cell lineage differentiation. Loss of Pdx1 function rather than expression of brain4 is a prerequisite for alpha-cell differentiation. ..
- Eriksson K, Vago R, Calanca V, Galli C, Paganetti P, Molinari M. EDEM contributes to maintenance of protein folding efficiency and secretory capacity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:44600-5 pubmed..Our data underscore the important role that the degradation machinery plays in maintaining a functional folding environment in the ER. ..
- Murphy M, Wilson A, Trumpp A. More than just proliferation: Myc function in stem cells. Trends Cell Biol. 2005;15:128-37 pubmed
- Bosshardt D. Are cementoblasts a subpopulation of osteoblasts or a unique phenotype?. J Dent Res. 2005;84:390-406 pubmed..The role of enamel matrix proteins in cementoblast and osteoblast differentiation and their potential use for tissue engineering are discussed. ..
- Jiang W, Ferrero I, Laurenti E, Trumpp A, MacDonald H. c-Myc controls the development of CD8alphaalpha TCRalphabeta intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes from thymic precursors by regulating IL-15-dependent survival. Blood. 2010;115:4431-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data support a model in which c-Myc controls the development of CD8alphaalpha TCRalphabeta IELs from thymic precursors by regulating interleukin-15 receptor expression and consequently Bcl-2-dependent survival...
- Riggi N, Suva M, De Vito C, Provero P, Stehle J, Baumer K, et al. EWS-FLI-1 modulates miRNA145 and SOX2 expression to initiate mesenchymal stem cell reprogramming toward Ewing sarcoma cancer stem cells. Genes Dev. 2010;24:916-32 pubmed publisher..Our observations provide insight for the first time into the mechanisms whereby a single oncogene can reprogram primary cells to display a CSC phenotype. ..
- Casati A, Frascoli M, Traggiai E, Proietti M, Schenk U, Grassi F. Cell-autonomous regulation of hematopoietic stem cell cycling activity by ATP. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:396-404 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ATP acts as an autocrine stimulus in regulating HSCs pool size. ..
- Bertolo A, Thiede T, Aebli N, Baur M, Ferguson S, Stoyanov J. Human mesenchymal stem cell co-culture modulates the immunological properties of human intervertebral disc tissue fragments in vitro. Eur Spine J. 2011;20:592-603 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data suggest that MSCs may modulate disc-specific inflammatory and pain status and aid regeneration of the host tissue. ..
- Heng B, Heinimann K, Miny P, Iezzi G, Glatz K, Scherberich A, et al. mRNA transfection-based, feeder-free, induced pluripotent stem cells derived from adipose tissue of a 50-year-old patient. Metab Eng. 2013;18:9-24 pubmed publisher..This is a step forward in translating iPSC into personalized regenerative medicine within the clinic. ..
- De Feo D, Merlini A, Brambilla E, Ottoboni L, Laterza C, Menon R, et al. Neural precursor cell-secreted TGF-Î²2 redirects inflammatory monocyte-derived cells in CNS autoimmunity. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3937-3953 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence that intrathecally transplanted NPCs interfere with the CNS-restricted inflammation of EAE by reprogramming infiltrating MCs into antiinflammatory myeloid cells via secretion of TGF-Î²2. ..
- Burgler S, Ouaked N, Bassin C, Basinski T, Mantel P, Siegmund K, et al. Differentiation and functional analysis of human T(H)17 cells. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;123:588-95, 595.e1-7 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates mechanisms of differentiation to human T(H)17 cells, a subset that effectively and uniquely modulates the function of primary bronchial epithelial cells. ..
- Occhiodoro T, Bernheim L, Liu J, Bijlenga P, Sinnreich M, Bader C, et al. Cloning of a human ether-a-go-go potassium channel expressed in myoblasts at the onset of fusion. FEBS Lett. 1998;434:177-82 pubmed..Forced expression of h-eag in undifferentiated myoblasts generates a current with remarkable similarity to I(K(NI)) indicating that h-eag constitutes the channel responsible for this current in vivo. ..
- Schmidlin P, Tchouboukov A, Wegehaupt F, Weber F. Effect of cerium chloride application on fibroblast and osteoblast proliferation and differentiation. Arch Oral Biol. 2012;57:892-7 pubmed publisher..This study investigated effects of cerium-chloride on fibroblast and osteoblast differentiation and proliferation...
- Le Hir M, Bluethmann H, Kosco Vilbois M, Muller M, Di Padova F, Moore M, et al. Differentiation of follicular dendritic cells and full antibody responses require tumor necrosis factor receptor-1 signaling. J Exp Med. 1996;183:2367-72 pubmed..In conclusion, whereas normal splenic microarchitecture and isotype switch might require the LT beta receptor, differentiation of FDC network, development of germinal centers, and full IgG response depend on signaling via TNFR1. ..
- Grawunder U, Rolink A, Melchers F. Induction of sterile transcription from the kappa L chain gene locus in V(D)J recombinase-deficient progenitor B cells. Int Immunol. 1995;7:1915-25 pubmed..It further indicates that some molecular programs of early B cell differentiation can take place in the absence of Ig gene rearrangements. ..
- Fernandez M, Croce S, Boutin C, Cremer H, Raineteau O. Targeted electroporation of defined lateral ventricular walls: a novel and rapid method to study fate specification during postnatal forebrain neurogenesis. Neural Dev. 2011;6:13 pubmed publisher..Targeted electroporation of defined LV NSC populations will prove valuable to study the genetic factors involved in forebrain neuronal specification. ..
- Capcarrece M. An evolving ontogenetic cellular system for better adaptiveness. Biosystems. 2004;76:177-89 pubmed..Quite naturally a peculiar brand of genetic programming was used for that purpose. The results are still preliminary but in our view they already validate some of the hypotheses behind this work. ..
- Suter D, Preynat Seauve O, Tirefort D, Feki A, Krause K. Phenazopyridine induces and synchronizes neuronal differentiation of embryonic stem cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:3517-27 pubmed publisher..This led to the establishment of a new application for an old drug and the development of a novel clinical grade protocol for neuronal differentiation of ES cells. ..
- Behrens A, Brandner S, Genoud N, Aguzzi A. Normal neurogenesis and scrapie pathogenesis in neural grafts lacking the prion protein homologue Doppel. EMBO Rep. 2001;2:347-52 pubmed..Therefore, Dpl is unlikely to exert a cell-autonomous function during neural differentiation and, in contrast to its homologue PrPC, is dispensable for prion disease progression and for generation of PrPSc. ..
- Vauclair S, Majo F, Durham A, Ghyselinck N, Barrandon Y, Radtke F. Corneal epithelial cell fate is maintained during repair by Notch1 signaling via the regulation of vitamin A metabolism. Dev Cell. 2007;13:242-53 pubmed..Accordingly, we found that Notch1 signaling is linked to vitamin A metabolism by regulating the expression of cellular retinol binding protein 1 (CRBP1), required to generate a pool of intracellular retinol. ..
- Ledergerber D, Fritschy J, Kralic J. Impairment of dentate gyrus neuronal progenitor cell differentiation in a mouse model of temporal lobe epilepsy. Exp Neurol. 2006;199:130-42 pubmed..Loss of neurogenesis in this TLE model likely reflects an irreversible alteration of the SGZ germinal niche during development of the epileptic focus and may therefore be relevant for human TLE. ..
- Koch U, Fiorini E, Benedito R, Besseyrias V, Schuster Gossler K, Pierres M, et al. Delta-like 4 is the essential, nonredundant ligand for Notch1 during thymic T cell lineage commitment. J Exp Med. 2008;205:2515-23 pubmed publisher..Moreover, they strongly suggest that N1-expressing thymic progenitors interact with DL4-expressing TECs to suppress B lineage potential and to induce the first steps of intrathymic T cell development. ..
- Ohteki T, Iwamoto M, Izui S, MacDonald H. Reduced development of CD4-8-B220+ T cells but normal autoantibody production in lpr/lpr mice lacking major histocompatibility complex class I molecules. Eur J Immunol. 1995;25:37-41 pubmed
- Dorner M, Zucol F, Berger C, Byland R, Melroe G, Bernasconi M, et al. Distinct ex vivo susceptibility of B-cell subsets to epstein-barr virus infection according to differentiation status and tissue origin. J Virol. 2008;82:4400-12 pubmed publisher..This result was paralleled by lower proliferation rates. In summary, these data suggest that EBV exploits the B-cell differentiation status and tissue origin to establish persistent infection. ..
- Tschan M, Peters U, Cajot J, Betticher D, Fey M, Tobler A. The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors p18INK4c and p19INK4d are highly expressed in CD34+ progenitor and acute myeloid leukaemic cells but not in normal differentiated myeloid cells. Br J Haematol. 1999;106:644-51 pubmed..Our findings therefore indicate that high expression of p18INK4c and p19INK4d in haemopoietic progenitor and leukaemic blast cells may contribute to the premature differentiation block seen in AML. ..
- Nikoletopoulou V, Lickert H, Frade J, Rencurel C, Giallonardo P, Zhang L, et al. Neurotrophin receptors TrkA and TrkC cause neuronal death whereas TrkB does not. Nature. 2010;467:59-63 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the expansion of the Trk gene family that accompanied the segregation of the peripheral from the central nervous system generated a novel mechanism of cell number control. ..
- Studer D, Millan C, Öztürk E, Maniura Weber K, Zenobi Wong M. Molecular and biophysical mechanisms regulating hypertrophic differentiation in chondrocytes and mesenchymal stem cells. Eur Cell Mater. 2012;24:118-35; discussion 135 pubmed..We hope this review will motivate the design of novel engineered microenvironments for skeletal regeneration applications. ..
- Brändle D, Muller S, Muller C, Hengartner H, Pircher H. Regulation of RAG-1 and CD69 expression in the thymus during positive and negative selection. Eur J Immunol. 1994;24:145-51 pubmed..Cytofluorometric analysis further revealed that surface expression of CD69 on immature thymocytes inversely correlated with RAG-1 expression during positive and negative selection processes. ..
- Knoepfel L, Georgiev O, Nielsen P, Schaffner W. Cloning and characterization of the murine B-cell specific transcriptional coactivator Bob1. Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler. 1996;377:139-45 pubmed..mBob1 interacts with the octamer transcription factors Oct-1 and Oct-2 and stimulates transcription mediated by these factors. ..